What Rifts books have come out this year?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

What Rifts books have come out this year?

Unread post by bielmic »

It's admittedly been a while (several years in fact) since I followed in detail the RPG books production schedule for Palladium. What books have I missed coming out in 2017 (excluding obviously the quarterly rifter fanzine)? If anyone can remember a bit further, what did I miss in 2016? My last acquisition was a sourcebook in 2015.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
dragonfett
Knight

Re: What Rifts books have come out this year?

Unread post by dragonfett »

Secret of Atlanteans came out this year, right?

Other recent titles for Rifts include Heroes of Humanity, and I want to say there were one or two others, at least.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

dragonfett wrote:Secret of Atlanteans came out this year, right?

Other recent titles for Rifts include Heroes of Humanity, and I want to say there were one or two others, at least.

Thanks. From a followup web search, it looks like Secrets was around Sept 2017 and Heroes was in 2016. Is Rifts down to just one new release per year?
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Look in the Just Released section of the site store and it will show you the most recent additions.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

bielmic wrote:

Thanks. From a followup web search, it looks like Secrets was around Sept 2017 and Heroes was in 2016. Is Rifts down to just one new release per year?

I think they did some focus on other titles line that have fewer books. (any book PB book can be a rifts book.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Blue_Lion wrote:
bielmic wrote:

I think they did some focus on other titles line that have fewer books. (any book PB book can be a rifts book.)

What other titles have them come out with in 2017? They haven't been focusing on Robotech (whether RPG or Tactics) as nothing has come out for that series in years and that's the only other line I've followed relatively recently.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

I think Heroes of Humanity was right on the bubble (may have been very late 2016, but I know a lot of folks got in early 2017).

I think otherwise, only Secrets of Atlanteans came out. I think there may have been a Nightbane book as well.

Even the Rifters - the one stalwart reliable release of PB almost since inception - fell VERY behind this year.

Hence why I am not expecting Sovietski until February, and the first Bestiary until March at earliest - along w/ the Nexus Town book (title escapes me).

I'm not even gonna guess on anything anymore. CS Arsenal & Disavowed were supposed to be out late 2016 & early 2017 - right after Heroes of Humanity...

Yeah.

The one bright light in 2017 is the addition of Scott Gibbons to their staff, thus increasing their online presence a bit & finally getting the Drive-Thru RPG PDF postings back on track.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Myrrhibis wrote:I think Heroes of Humanity was right on the bubble (may have been very late 2016, but I know a lot of folks got in early 2017).

I think otherwise, only Secrets of Atlanteans came out. I think there may have been a Nightbane book as well.

*snip*

The one bright light in 2017 is the addition of Scott Gibbons to their staff, thus increasing their online presence a bit & finally getting the Drive-Thru RPG PDF postings back on track.

Scott hasn't been any help in getting more Robotech products to market despite saying he was hired specifically in part to manage that as well but at least the communication has been more frequent. When Dragonfett posted the two book names, I did a quick google search on them and found the following for HOH:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/rifts ... -released/

According to the news site (and some other links I found), it came out in July. The last year I paid attention was 2015 and that year had iirc one Robotech RPG book and one or two other titles as well. 2016 iirc had one surprise small (64pg or less) surprise release not previously advertised in addition to HOH. It seems that, practically speaking, the flagship Rifts line is only getting a single release roughly mid year for the past couple years with one or two other titles for another line getting a release. With zero new products for Robotech Tactics during that three years as well, I really don't know what takes up so much of their time given the hours they work. The Rifter??
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

Myrrhibis wrote:

Is it possible that pdf issues of The Rifter might make it to places like Drive-Thru in less than 2 years?

Wow.

I won't be holding my breath, however.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.

Return to “Rifts®”