Robotech Blooper Reels

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Robotech Blooper Reels

Unread post by taalismn »

Loth would be most likely to get the giant newspaper smack to the face if she protested too much....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

taalismn wrote:Loth would be most likely to get the giant newspaper smack to the face if she protested too much....

Now that would be something to see, if anything it would just make bide her time while plotting like crazy to bring low those who humiliated her.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
taalismn
Priest

Kargan3033 wrote:
Now that would be something to see, if anything it would just make bide her time while plotting like crazy to bring low those who humiliated her.

She'll only end up worse than Wiley E. Coyote....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

She'll only end up worse than Wiley E. Coyote....

I know :twisted: :mrgreen:

An interesting idea would be what if the Gate opened in Macross City a month or so before the arrival of the Masters.
taalismn
Priest

Kargan3033 wrote:[

An interesting idea would be what if the Gate opened in Macross City a month or so before the arrival of the Masters.

Would that move it over to the Crossovers thread? ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

It would but the cross over thread is has so much going on adding this would only muddy the waters so to say, I am some what considering a small cross over story but I'm not sure how to keep it from being an ASC curb stomp on the Gate world.
taalismn
Priest

Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

It would but the cross over thread is has so much going on adding this would only muddy the waters so to say, I am some what considering a small cross over story but I'm not sure how to keep it from being an ASC curb stomp on the Gate world.

If the Gate happened simultaneously with the Japanese incursion?
Original Gate And Thus the JSDF Fought There is pure Japanese nationalist jingoism behind the scenes, and I just as soon skip over the whole American- kidnapping-of-ambassadors- on-Japanese-soil-ordered-by President-Stump sequence because it's so stupidly amateurish and borderline racist("Yeah, it's an American special forces op; they have black soldiers!"). Come on, we'd at least use Hawaiians....
So double or triple irony if the JSDF ran into Southern Cross troops....the latter either being(a Japanese anime) from either middle America or from Glorie(and thus are French!)..or maybe they're Quebecois recruits to the ASC.... ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

If the Gate happened simultaneously with the Japanese incursion?
Original Gate And Thus the JSDF Fought There is pure Japanese nationalist jingoism behind the scenes, and I just as soon skip over the whole American- kidnapping-of-ambassadors- on-Japanese-soil-ordered-by President-Stump sequence because it's so stupidly amateurish and borderline racist("Yeah, it's an American special forces op; they have black soldiers!"). Come on, we'd at least use Hawaiians....
So double or triple irony if the JSDF ran into Southern Cross troops....the latter either being(a Japanese anime) from either middle America or from Glorie(and thus are French!)..or maybe they're Quebecois recruits to the ASC.... ;)

I hear what you are saying I was thinking of cutting out Japan and everything relating to Earth in the Gate world and doing a Border/Fallmart(SP) World/ASC Earth crossover.

The mental image of ASC Hover Tanks laying siege to the Empire's capital city with Logan/Ajax close air support would be too much of a one sided slaughter which would mean that Rory would need a *Change of panties* big time.
taalismn
Priest

The mental image of ASC Hover Tanks laying siege to the Empire's capital city with Logan/Ajax close air support would be too much of a one sided slaughter which would mean that Rory would need a *Change of panties* big time.

I believe we once had a sequence in crossovers where Dana Sterling and some of the Cross Ange cast went to see if they couldn't talk to the fire dragon(presuming it was human/Rifts dragon intelligent)...it wasn't. They kicked its ass after they finished scraping the char off their negotiators....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

I believe we once had a sequence in crossovers where Dana Sterling and some of the Cross Ange cast went to see if they couldn't talk to the fire dragon(presuming it was human/Rifts dragon intelligent)...it wasn't. They kicked its ass after they finished scraping the char off their negotiators....

A valiant but doomed effort but on the bright side of the matter Dana and her playmates had more dragon steaks and dragon jerky then god.

Needless to say if the Gate appeared in the CS Rory would need a whole new wardrobe of undergarments.
taalismn
Priest

Needless to say if the Gate appeared in the CS Rory would need a whole new wardrobe of undergarments.

And if the Gate appeared in Appleseed's Olympus, she'd have to give up underwear altogether.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

And if the Gate appeared in Appleseed's Olympus, she'd have to give up underwear altogether.

Do I want to know?
taalismn
Priest

Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Do I want to know?

Admittedly Appleseed lacks energy weapons, but they have combat cyborgs, power armor, and INSANE amounts of dakka. Admittedly, the bioroids who make up most of the urban populace are meek and mild mannered, but the police ESWAT units are mostly regular humans and tote more firepower that modern combat platoons.
Then there are the spider gun platforms.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Do I want to know?

Admittedly Appleseed lacks energy weapons, but they have combat cyborgs, power armor, and INSANE amounts of dakka. Admittedly, the bioroids who make up most of the urban populace are meek and mild mannered, but the police ESWAT units are mostly regular humans and tote more firepower that modern combat platoons.
Then there are the spider gun platforms.....

Rory's reaction at seeing the spider gun platforms in action: :eek: :oops:

I have to admit I have never seen Appleseed, the hype over it when it first came out turned me off of it, that's one thing I HATE about movies, games, anime and so on is the mass hyping of said movie, games, anime, that and most movies, games, anime and so on are utter crap now a days at best or political/social propaganda at worst.
taalismn
Priest

I have to admit I have never seen Appleseed, the hype over it when it first came out turned me off of it, that's one thing I HATE about movies, games, anime and so on is the mass hyping of said movie, games, anime, that and most movies, games, anime and so on are utter crap now a days at best or political/social propaganda at worst.

The movies never really lived up to the original manga...The first, which arguably deviated the most from the original source material, was probably the best in terms of CGI quality, but painted a very different background story for Deunan Knute's family. The sequel took it farther off the original with an attempt to expand on the post-War country of Poseidon(Japan). The third movie was a reboot with different animators and was closer in its backstory to the original Knute family history, and tried to expand more on the world setting, with mixed success, since it came off sort of like Gundam MS. The prequel which was supposed to show Briareos and Deunan's life pre-Olympus returned to the original CGI of the first movie, and at least got the date of Bri's cyborgization correct with regards to the established manga timeline, but botched everything else..along with an absolutely unnecessary and gratitious display of fanservice from Deunan(who not only gets a promotion of several bra cup sizes, but apparently gets invisible cleavage armor, given that just about EVERYBODY is shooting or grenading at her and yet they never hit the obvious exposed target of her bare chest...).

I never saw Appleseed as political propaganda of any sort...it was certainly less Nihon-centric than the later Ghost in the Shell, what with Olympus being placed somewhere in the eastern Atlantic ocean, Deunan was of mixed American-African heritage, Bri was a straight African, and pretty much every country aside from Olympus was screwed up. Yeah, America was divided in a second civil war, bit the factions were almost realistic, and Poseidon was hinted as being too ambitious for its own good. Aside from the bioroids, who admitted they were created to serve, everybody human had issues....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

The movies never really lived up to the original manga...The first, which arguably deviated the most from the original source material, was probably the best in terms of CGI quality, but painted a very different background story for Deunan Knute's family. The sequel took it farther off the original with an attempt to expand on the post-War country of Poseidon(Japan). The third movie was a reboot with different animators and was closer in its backstory to the original Knute family history, and tried to expand more on the world setting, with mixed success, since it came off sort of like Gundam MS. The prequel which was supposed to show Briareos and Deunan's life pre-Olympus returned to the original CGI of the first movie, and at least got the date of Bri's cyborgization correct with regards to the established manga timeline, but botched everything else..along with an absolutely unnecessary and gratitious display of fanservice from Deunan(who not only gets a promotion of several bra cup sizes, but apparently gets invisible cleavage armor, given that just about EVERYBODY is shooting or grenading at her and yet they never hit the obvious exposed target of her bare chest...).

I never saw Appleseed as political propaganda of any sort...it was certainly less Nihon-centric than the later Ghost in the Shell, what with Olympus being placed somewhere in the eastern Atlantic ocean, Deunan was of mixed American-African heritage, Bri was a straight African, and pretty much every country aside from Olympus was screwed up. Yeah, America was divided in a second civil war, bit the factions were almost realistic, and Poseidon was hinted as being too ambitious for its own good. Aside from the bioroids, who admitted they were created to serve, everybody human had issues....

I see, doesn't sound like I would like Appleseed as for what I said about propaganda I was talking about movies and anime in general which is why I am some what lukewarm toward Gate(manga and anime), speaking of Gate I hope it doesn't turn into a curb stomp of the border world, I mean with the battle of Italica the manga and anime hinted that the earth forces could curb stomp the border world especially if the US, China or Russia get involved.
taalismn
Priest

Rick Hunter's office. Rick's sitting behind his desk.
His door opens.
Rick looks up from his paperwork. There's nobody there.
His door closes.
He returns his attention back to the pile of administrative paperwork.
A moment later:
Lang:(from below the edge of Rick's desk) "I'd like to report an accident with the Protoculture Chamber we salvaged."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:Rick Hunter's office. Rick's sitting behind his desk.
His door opens.
Rick looks up from his paperwork. There's nobody there.
His door closes.
He returns his attention back to the pile of administrative paperwork.
A moment later:
Lang:(from below the edge of Rick's desk) "I'd like to report an accident with the Protoculture Chamber we salvaged."

Poor Lang, everyone is looking down on him, gives his complex a complex.

No wonder why he is so *short* tempered.
taalismn
Priest

Worse; he's German, and now he's only allowed small beer.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

And he's the head tech guy?!, we're doomed! :eek:
taalismn
Priest

Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Yah think? The guy who didn't spot that maybe the anti-gravity systems might overstress the overhead structural members? :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Chief Toombs: (Doing a victory dance...) "HAH! They're blaming the German guy! Ahahhahahah!"
Deck Officer: "TOOMBS!" :x
Chief Toombs: "Ah, s**t..." :shock:
They can't see me...Right!?
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Yah think? The guy who didn't spot that maybe the anti-gravity systems might overstress the overhead structural members? :badbad:

It's a wonder the SDF-1 didn't blow up or worse with him as the head tech guy for crying out loud, all though the Omni-directional shield came pretty close though.

I wonder if he had a hand in the design of the Grand Cannon.
taalismn
Priest

Lang: "I may have....only I don't remember....I did a lot of drugs back then..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

Lang: "I may have....only I don't remember....I did a lot of drugs back then..."

He must have bribed the doctor doing the RDF's random drug testing.
Arnie100
Knight

Kargan3033 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Lang: "Zankfully, all zhe records vere on Macross Island."
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:Actually, a surprising number of ASC units turned pirate during this period...the 37th was just the most blatant about it(and arguably with better cause than most).
There was, for instance, the 15th ATAC's brief foray into movie-pirating which, unfortunately, ended before Louie Nichols could discover and delete the entire approved shooting script for the Martian Mystery Women(or whatever the hell it was called-4th wall op ed).
Less well-known was the black market op run out of Monument City GMP HQ from Lt. Nova Satori's desk....every time the GMP tracked it down to its source, they mistakenly assumed that it was another GMP unit's black op and, figuring that their colleagues wouldn't appreciate having their sting op blown by another GMP unit, extended professional courtesy and quietly erased the trail that led them to MC GMP HQ to begin with.
The shortest rogue unit incident was the mutiny of the 32414th('Savage Chickens') Tactical Squad, whose brief moment of rebellion ended when the commanding officer of the unit, while dramatically gesturing with a hand grenade whole declaring the unit's decision to become bandits, inadvertently armed and dropped the device into the ammunition crate on which he was standing, in the middle of the fuel depot that all six members of the 32414th had gathered to finalize the plans of their secession from the UEDF. The resulting explosion and loss of life was blamed on 'human carelessness'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arnie100 wrote:Chief Toombs: (Doing a victory dance...) "HAH! They're blaming the German guy! Ahahhahahah!"
Deck Officer: "TOOMBS!" :x
Chief Toombs: "Ah, s**t..." :shock:

:lol:
taalismn
Priest

More like.."Can't be bothered! Working on SCIENCE here! Top priority, cannot be disturbed! Besides, I am -the- authority on robotechnology."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

taalismn wrote:

More like.."Can't be bothered! Working on SCIENCE here! Top priority, cannot be disturbed! Besides, I am -the- authority on robotechnology."

He was *cooking* protoculture long before it became popular in mainstream drug culture.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

BSS Lieutenant: (Peeking in Lang's quarters) "I thought Meth Labs were dangerous."
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:BSS Lieutenant: (Peeking in Lang's quarters) "I thought Meth Labs were dangerous."

"Last time we raided one of these protocoke labs, I ended up waking up in a flowerbed in Helsinki. The lab was in Niagra Falls."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

THINGS NOT TO ENHANCE WITH PROTOCULTURE

Mind-Altering Drugs.
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:

Mind-Altering Drugs.

WWWWWell...considering Zor did the equivalent of setting a remote-controlled machine gun in the truck of his car...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kargan3033
Hero

Arnie100 wrote:

Mind-Altering Drugs.

Antibiotics
taalismn
Priest

Antibiotics

"So you're recommending napalm for a staph infection?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

taalismn wrote:

Antibiotics

"White Phosphorus would be better."
:shock: (Runs away screaming...)
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Antibiotics

"White Phosphorus would be better."
:shock: (Runs away screaming...)

"Sterilizes the operating field right nicely too!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

"Who's in charge of operating room right now?"
"Who else?"
:shock: :frazz:
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:"Who's in charge of operating room right now?"
"Who else?"
:shock: :frazz:

"Louie, you should know better than anybody else that 'rocket science' is not the same as 'brain surgery'."
"Oh come on, it's just a matter of engineering with different materials, right?"
"And THAT is why I'm re-checking my ASC HMO."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Zentraedi fleet defolds over Earth and fires a salvo that obliterates the island and the fortress.

"YOU FOOLS! I SAID FIRE A WARNING SHOT! NOT DESTROY THEM!!! WHAT HAPPENED!?!"

"Lucky shot sir!"

"Who made this man a gunner?" :nh:
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:Zentraedi fleet defolds over Earth and fires a salvo that obliterates the island and the fortress.

"Lucky shot sir!"

Tommy: "That wasn't how it was supposed to go..."
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:Zentraedi fleet defolds over Earth and fires a salvo that obliterates the island and the fortress.

"Lucky shot sir!"

Tommy: "That wasn't how it was supposed to go..."

Khyron: (not anywhere near the solar system)"I have a sudden sensation of being abruptly and preemptively marginalized and losing an opportunity to grab center stage..."
Grel: "Like you realize you're likely to spend the rest of your existence as just another face in the crowd, a faceless mook in the slow gray grind of life, never to achieve anything truly history-worthy, despite your best efforts to distinguish yourself?"
Khyron: "Exactly!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Robotech Master: "We came all this way for NOTHING?!"
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Robotech Master: "We came all this way for NOTHING?!"

Karno: "...we got nothing in the fuel tanks either...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

Musica & her Sisters: "We just signed a record deal. You old farts are on your own."
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Musica & her Sisters: "We just signed a record deal. You old farts are on your own."

Minmei: "What?! NONONONO! I'M THE ONLY MUSICAL TALENT IN THIS GALAXY!" :x :x :x
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Minmei: "What?! NONONONO! I'M THE ONLY MUSICAL TALENT IN THIS GALAXY!" :x :x :x

Hel: "But you went up with the island. Now hurry up with the mead, there are honoured dead to serve." :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

T.R. Edwards: "They're dead?! I'm FREE!!!!! FREE AT LAS-" :lol:
(at that moment the railing of the service balcony in the Grand Cannon shaft that Edwards is leaning against gives way, sending him plummeting to his death)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight