Other Products Palladium Books needs

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Other Products Palladium Books needs

Unread post by jade von delioch »

There is a huge market right now for Player and GM gaming accessories, and many of them are super straight forward and easy to make.

They should come out with a Deck of Cards for:
*Spells
*Weapons
*Monsters

I would buy a deck for spells, personally. I would be able to pull out the NPC spells and have them on hand without having to look any up.

What other game aids do you think they should make?
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Other Products Palladium Books needs

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I like the idea for a deck for random monsters, having all the relevent stats ""On The Card"". Same with the spell and weapon cards you mentioned.

Maybe have them have both the SD/SDC and MD/MDC stats on them and Not have the cards branded to a single setting.

Maybe reissue the GM screens with the updated rules and skills numbers.
If PB intends for the PF2 setting to have the 2 APM for living this route might be a easier way to make the change "official".
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Yes, we need a GM Screen. Maybe have that come out in a box like the D&D starter box, with a rules lite pack, some pregens, an adventure, A full color folded world Map, etc. $10-20.
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

jade von delioch wrote:Yes, we need a GM Screen. Maybe have that come out in a box like the D&D starter box, with a rules lite pack, some pregens, an adventure, A full color folded world Map, etc. $10-20.

There is a GM screen for Rifts. But it is not made much because of the cost.
It was made by a poster on here madmanmike.

A starter box for rifts, one for PF and maybe one for HU would be a good way to get new players into the games.

Honestly I would like to see of the dead end lines get new books such as ninjas and super spies.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. While not entirely what was requested, Palladium does have some stuff on DriveThruRPG ...

Rifts Game Master Kit

Rifts Game Shields and Adventures

Palladium Fantasy Game Master Kit

Palladium Fantasy Game Shield (for 1st Edition, which may not be a great use unless you're playing a 1st Edition game)

These include maps, characters (to hand out to players or for use as NPC), reference sheets, adventures, and more. I won't speak for the quality of the products (as I haven't really looked them over, and opinions will vary from person to person), but I will speak for their existence. Hopefully some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

The Game Master Kits would be great... if only they weren't PDF only..
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Buy the rights for Justice Machine. The guy who owns them now is doing nothing with
them as comic book characters. He failed in his kickstarter to start a new comic with
them. Palladium should get them back just so we can re-release HU sourcebook
Justice Machine and we gan use all those awesome characters and convert them over
to second edition. I know a freelancer who would love to start writing that
sourcebook right now :wink: .
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Ughhh.... I just spent $43 on a used copy of The Justice Machine on eBay. I'm going to bed now. I'm clearly sleep deprived and it's affecting my judgement.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Jack Burton wrote:Ughhh.... I just spent $43 on a used copy of The Justice Machine on eBay. I'm going to bed now. I'm clearly sleep deprived and it's affecting my judgement.

The book came in today. For being from 1985, it's pretty cool! The characters are interesting. It's too bad this is out of print. I like the artwork, too.... some classic stuff.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I still have my copy from back in the day. It's a neat super hero RPG supplement based on a comic. You can really tell its dated.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

jade von delioch wrote:There is a huge market right now for Player and GM gaming accessories, and many of them are super straight forward and easy to make.

They should come out with a Deck of Cards for:
*Spells
*Weapons
*Monsters

I would buy a deck for spells, personally. I would be able to pull out the NPC spells and have them on hand without having to look any up.

What other game aids do you think they should make?

I need these decks, but they need to be PDF too so can print what I need. Especially the monsters.

What I have always wanted are PDF's of one sided single sheets for different things in Rifts. COmplete with combat stats, MDC, few skills, and art. So one would be a CS SAMAS pilot with full stats for the PA and a picture so you can use them at a game for the average NPC.

Reagren Wright wrote:Buy the rights for Justice Machine. The guy who owns them now is doing nothing with
them as comic book characters. He failed in his kickstarter to start a new comic with
them. Palladium should get them back just so we can re-release HU sourcebook
Justice Machine and we gan use all those awesome characters and convert them over
to second edition. I know a freelancer who would love to start writing that
sourcebook right now :wink: .

Wow, I really do not pay attention at all. I did not know PB didn't own Justice Machine anymore and I heard nothing about the Kickstarter. It looked OK, I probably would have backed it had I known.

I would love a new take on JM, I love reading my old copy. I was lucky that a friend of mine found a copy sitting in a game store in the 90's, Thanks Fred a.k.a. Leo, and it is always a fun read. I even managed to read a few of the comics over the years.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
~Immortal One~
D-Bee

Unread post by ~Immortal One~ »

I keep seeing postings that say "Palladium needs to put out Game Shields", and invariably, the response is "there are already Game Shields". True, there are PDF versions of the old Game Shields out there that one can print off and go to a bunch of trouble to have a well done and professional quality Game Shield, but as a player and a GM, I am not really interested in that. Here's why:
I generally work 60+ hours every week, so I don't have a lot of free time. I have to balance the free time I do have with family obligations, hobbies, honey do lists etc. In the little bit of free time that I have to pursue my hobby, I prefer to spend it fleshing out dynamic and memorable adventures, lifelike NPCs, and anticipating probable scenario actions and outcomes. I would prefer not to have to chase down custom made foam boards, and printing charts and graphs on cardstock, cutting said cardstock, etc., etc., etc. That is all very time consuming. I am not knocking anyone who chooses to go this route, I am just explaining why it isn't a good fit for me. I am a more than capable guy, and it is very much within my ability to make a high quality GM screen, but, I am not in the business of printing. I don't do layout, or typesetting. I don't have the materials on hand to do said projects. This is all very time consuming for me. I would rather Palladium just offer an up to date cardstock GM screen, professionally done, that I can purchase and be done with, and get back to what the real emphasis here is, enjoyable gaming experiences. While I applaud Palladium for making things available in a variety of formats (like PDF), the lack of a good old fashioned cardstock GM screen is a missed opportunity for valuable revenue. There are still a lot of us aging old school gamers out there who aren't joined at the hip with devices when we game. Truth be known, part of the appeal of our gaming sessions is the ability to "unplug" for a while, drink a few beers, and enjoy the good old company of friends.
"Do not fear failure...In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail" - Bruce Lee

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”