If another Open House, another RTT tournament?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RTT tournament at the next OH?

Yes
50%
No
50%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 12

Alpha 11
Palladin

If another Open House, another RTT tournament?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Like it said, IF we get another OH, should we try for another tournament? While I did poorly in the one in the last OH, I still had fun. I've also learned from it, and have played several games since then, so I think I would do better this time around. But the big question is, could we do it without things like Wave 2 and such putting a bad taste in it? I hope we all could put all that bad stuff aside and have a fun day of RTT gaming!
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: If another Open House, another RTT tournament?

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

If there is no RRT at the open house this will truly be seen as a dead game. So yes, there should be RRT played at the open house
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

I thought that PB had decided that there would be no OH anymore.

REgardless as Maximillian says no RTT at the OH event would be a clear signal from PB that they did not give a hoot about the completion or even ongoing support for the system. Effectively a two fingered salute to the RTT backers
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Maximilian Jenius wrote:If there is no RRT at the open house this will truly be seen as a dead game. So yes, there should be RRT played at the open house

I dunno. It's kind of a dual edged sword. If they don't run it, they can explain it away as not having enough space, or any of a multitude of excuses.

But if they run it, and have less attendance than last time (I believe it was 11 of 20 slots?), or have to cancel it for lack of attendance after announcing? Or if they can't get anyone to run it (as they weren't able to find for GenCon2015, Adepticon 2016 or GenCon 2016)?

Yes, a successfully run tournament could do wonders (or it could also just be too late). But a badly handled or cancelled tournament could be very bad. Much better just pretending everything is fine, and that they're totally working on the tournament concept, as they have been since at least Wave 1 was released.

Note, in that last para you can switch "tournament" for "Wave 2", and it's just as relevant. :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:I thought that PB had decided that there would be no OH anymore.

REgardless as Maximillian says no RTT at the OH event would be a clear signal from PB that they did not give a hoot about the completion or even ongoing support for the system. Effectively a two fingered salute to the RTT backers

Me and several people are thinking of Kickstarting an OH. We are currently looking at hotels that have space to run it. So we also shouldn't have to worry about space to run the RTT. And yes, Kevin is in the known about this, and once we have everything nailed down, they will have the final say if they want to go and do it. Here is the link to were we are trying to get ideals and stuff: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=151690
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Sorry Alpha, I am across the pond in good old Blighty, so I would always be a no show.

One idea might be for you to gather a list of interested players and see if there is a "centrally" placed Con, you could all attend. Possibly set up with PNB as an official event?
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Sorry Alpha, I am across the pond in good old Blighty, so I would always be a no show.

One idea might be for you to gather a list of interested players and see if there is a "centrally" placed Con, you could all attend. Possibly set up with PNB as an official event?

If you haven't heard, there are a couple who come over from your way to the Open House. But if still can't come, I honestly don't know how to get it more "centrally", without going over there. Because the only other place would be the East Coast somewhere (USA). So I honestly don't know.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

There is a volunteer team working on trying to get another POH happening and we have already discussed the definite need for RTT events.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Spinachcat wrote:There is a volunteer team working on trying to get another POH happening and we have already discussed the definite need for RTT events.

I think this is one and the same.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”