50,000 men.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

50,000 men.

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Hey Guys,

What OCCs/RCCs would you make a force of 50,000 men? With virtually unlimited resorces and money to equip them. You are going up against the city of Kaash (ET) and Going to try to destroy Bone Hill.
MrDisturbed
D-Bee

Re: 50,000 men.

Unread post by MrDisturbed »

50000 changeling assassins, all of which infiltrate the city individually or as "families",throughout the course of three years. With only basic weapons a single organized strike would be sufficient. Especially after taking positions as soldiers guards and politicians. Of course the resources too organize such a large coup in secret would be tremendous... Its a good thing you said unlimited ;)
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

50 priests of ra who keep doing divine interventions followed by a river of lava. Cook the evil out.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

MrDisturbed wrote:50000 changeling assassins, all of which infiltrate the city individually or as "families",throughout the course of three years. With only basic weapons a single organized strike would be sufficient. Especially after taking positions as soldiers guards and politicians. Of course the resources too organize such a large coup in secret would be tremendous... Its a good thing you said unlimited ;)

I choose this pretty much a guaranteed victory.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

39,000 Jeridu mercs with lots of Fleet Feet scrolls and/or weapons enchanted with that spell to take care of the city inhabitants, plus 10,000 Psi-Stalkers with the same weapon & scroll combo to go after the AI. The remaining 1,000 will be Shadow Alpha & Beta Veritech fighters (Jeridu pilots) that are from a mage class that can take robot piloting & combat skills. These Veritechs will also be TW-modded with the Fleet Feet spell.

What? You said virtually unlimited resources and money...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

ShadowHawk wrote:Hey Guys,

What OCCs/RCCs would you make a force of 50,000 men? With virtually unlimited resorces and money to equip them. You are going up against the city of Kaash (ET) and Going to try to destroy Bone Hill.

50,000 Cosmo Knights. I assume that Unlimited means I have the cosmic forge in my arsenal :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I'll go with 50000 Mulka.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

unlimited resources = lots of dragons
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

AzathothXy wrote:I'll go with 50000 Mulka.

OCC's only, no RCC's.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:I'll go with 50000 Mulka.

OCC's only, no RCC's.

The OP says what OCCS/RCCS.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Seriously....50,000 men is a HUGE force. This is basically like having the full army of one of the MAJOR world powers march on the city. So....
Look at what a task force of several legions of Western Empire (the best equipped force on the planet) would look like and that's your answer.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

50,000 soldiers (not Soldiers), presumably mostly drawn from Eastern Territories type forces? I'm going to keep this primarily to Main Book OCCs. I'm also going to assume that you're not ACTUALLY unlimited in resources (so nothing crazy, like 50,000 Cosmo Knights or Changeling Assassins), but more "limitless within the context of the Eastern Territories".

Your bulk are going to be Human, and a mixture of Soldiers and Mercenary Fighters (and some other OCCs pretending to be them), as well as Longbowmen and Rangers (serving as longbowmen or outriders). You're going to have a significant cavalry force, again mostly Knights, a few Palladins, and some Squires. This will be between 40,000 and 45,000 of your forces, just based on demographics.

Some other units you may have:
1) Humanoid irregulars/mercenaries. You might be able to hire a decent sized force of ogres, orcs, and/or kobolds, perhaps with some trolls or other "specials" to help out... you've got a large force, and a big bankroll. They'll help with the early dying, certainly.

2) Medical corps. While some of your combat units will include their own priests, psychics, or other healers, you may have to develop a sizable priestly or medical corps to help keep things coordinated. Given that it's the ET, you're probably going to be using the Church of Light and Dark; my reading is that Rurga won't be able to field the numbers you need, even when dealing with non-combatants.

3) Magical corps. Wizards, Warlocks, and Summoners, primarily. Several of these working in concert can wreak untold havoc, and can help keep havoc from being wreaked upon you by the forces within Kaasa.

4) Dwarven Sappers. While dwarves are nasty in a field battle, they're close to unequalled in sapping. If you can find some willing to work combined with warlocks or priests with elemental magics, you've got a great benefit.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, an important part of this is are there any level minimums? Also, is the idea to raze the city or capture it mostly intact? If you want to raze it, 50,000 15th level Warlocks, 12,500 of each elemental sign. That should allow for rivers of lava and tornadoes to destroy the city and reduce it to a flat plain. For taking the city over, 50,000 15th level mind mages could probably control everyone in the city mentally, or at least the majority of them.

-Vek
"Neither is a good idea. Leave Kaash alone!"
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

ShadowHawk wrote:Hey Guys,

50,000 Minotaurs! Witches (Disciple of the Old Ones), Chaos Priest and Soldier of Darkness (Harbinger of Chaos).

Ultimate Evil Army :twisted:
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

well, I talked to PBlackCrow about this. he suggested 50,000 lbs of powdered silver in thin glass jars, silver chain mail masks; with a damp cloth on the inside and silver spikes on the outside, some amulets protection from mind control and undead, lots and lots of turn dead spells because of the bone hill and necromancer, wished me luck with the fragment of the AI, the AI and VI...suggested 10 alchemist for sedge engineers to engineer a way to drop bone fires of purification on bone hill and other places, also the use of faeries as spies, to fight any vampire bat "that dares to fly" and as saboteurs.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Yes, but I am not the only one with great ideas. I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. I should hope anyway.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”