Help me find the right OOC. Or something?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Help me find the right OOC. Or something?

Unread post by say652 »

A would seek the south America book 2.
Ultra Crazy. Seemless fit.
Or England.
Temporal Warrior. Add in a few BioBorg goodies and done.
Juicer Uprising.
Delphi Juicer.
Russia.
Reaver Assassin or Smoke Soldier.
Japan.
Demon Quellar.
Mystic Ninja.
Phaseworld.
Wolfen Quatoria.(they rock!!)
Phase Mystic.
Warlock Marine Mage. (They roll!!)
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I think a True Atlantean (Rifts WB 2), or another better-than-human human race, Psi-warrior (Rifts WB 12) with a lesser rune sword or holy weapon (Rifts WB 2 or Book of Magic) would fit the bill pretty well without overshooting.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

This is tricky question. Play wise I think the closet rifts OCC would be juicer but with the powers coming from innate magic instead of chemicals. Option 2 is he could be a adventure scholar OCC say vagabond and give him minor super powers for healing and enhanced PP (think that might give him auto dodge so would cover combat sense.) Note direct conversion of his charter is imposable to do and some things are going to have to change.

His sword is easy it would be a magic weapon doing MDC instead of SDC; with the powers to hit intangible (sprits) and to stop bio regeneration for 2 minutes on anything he strikes. DAmage would be 2d6 MD per level of weapon foci.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

computertrucker wrote:Ok I have posted a bit on here now about my group. We are still trying to get started with Rifts, with people still waiting on their books to come in etc etc. Up untill today I had one of our group that stated he wasn't interested in rifts at all,and was going to pass on playing. Today though he called asking if it would be possible to bring one of his characters that he played for 3 years in shadowrun (also a game he thought he wasn't going to like which he ended up loving) over to Rifts.

With what was going on in shadowrun with his character it would actually be very easy to weave it into him possibly being sucked into a rift. You see his character died in a burning building,and took a solo trip to hell as part of his ascension quest. As his body was about to be ripped and torn to pieces by a horde of demons, an Angel descended down and plucked him from hell. Telling him it was not his time, and that he was being given a chance to redeem himself and in the process help to stop an eternal war that was about to spread to the realm of Earth.

The player had done a lot of really bad stuff thru the coarse or playing (in character) but also complained shadowrun was to dark and grim, and wanted to make changes and become more of a paladin/heroic like character. For those that know some things about shadowrun, he was playing a physical adept.

After the solo ascension quest which I ran for him during a small month long break, his character not only ascended but made contacts (thru the angel) with the knights Templar. AN ancient order that were readying for the possible war to come.... This turned into a pretty big deal with the campaign. The group loved it. We only quit playing because one of our group moved, another had a stroke. So the game stopped, and we just never really picked it back up... With the exception of this one player, I soloed him and his character every now and then for the next 8 or 9 months...then ended up getting into a serious relationship and had my daughter. Gaming stopped for awhile..

Ok onto Rifts...he called me today asking if it would be possible to bring his physical adept thru to rifts earth. Was there a character class that would do him justice?

I was like wow...I'm not really sure. His character as I said before was a physical adept. Pretty much like a juicer but his body was supercharged with magic. He was awakened.

His powers were
Insane super agility and responses
Danger sense
Hyper healing/regen
And he could do a self healing surge.
He also was not only very skilled with a sword but the magic within him guided his strikes.
As he is awakened he also had a magical Templar blade (think holy sword)
Also other than the healing surge which would have to somehow be used with PPE as it caused him drain in shadowrun all of his other abilities were always on. So he is not casting spells or envoking powers to get these abilities.

I actually looked at the old blue heroes unlimited book and was like this could be possible to some degree with some powers. But those are just powers. His are magical in nature. So would lay lines and nexus points effect him?

So are there any OOCS or even RCCs that would fit this type of character? If so what book? If not how would you experienced Rifts GMs or players handle this?

Thanks!

whats kind of amusing is there are actually 2 ways to bring the char over that are both fairly simple, but might be a little complicated depending on what books you have on one of them.
I would actually look really hard at rifts japan as IMO that would actually be the "best fit" for most of the char.
possibly one of the samurai, ronin, or monk classes from that book.
the swords could be minor rune weapons or there was a thing in that book for ancient "true" samurai swords that are effectively enchanted due to age or similar. from shadowrun they also could be vibro, or monowire equivalants (shadowrun monowire blades are best modeled as unpowered vibro weapons)
the other book that would give more options for the char, are if you have it, ninjas & superspys, or mystic china, and then use conversion book 1 as some of the body hardening exercises can make a char minor MDC in rifts.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

He sounds like an Apok to me.
The powers are only about an 80% match but the backstory is eerily similar.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Just do a conversion of his shadowrun character over to Rifts instead of an adaptation. Requires more work on your part but I know that the original (don't know about current printing) conversion book supported this, more in words than actual mechanics and that won many gamers in my group over to Rifts, who eventually decided a Rifts class was cooler and decided to let their old one pass peacefully into nostalgia.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Check out Spirit Warrior OCC from World Book 15: Spirit West. This is apt to most closely resemble Physical Adepts in both nature and ability. Add totem animal bonuses, etc to round out a character; or simply whatever character OCC/archetype makes the most sense.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

I was thinking that the whole death/ascension story sounded like a cool transition into becoming a Cosmo-Knight. The angel could have actually been a representation of the Cosmic Forge.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Like the cosmoknight backstory. A lot actually.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

The closest OCC in the palladium series I come across that might be close to the physical adapt awaken character from shadowrun might be the oni ninja from phaseworld.

They are psionic powered and can be of any race as long as they can be master psionic potential. So depending on what abilities he had the oni ninja could be a way to go since they get some nifty martial arts abilities. Also might consider a psi warrior from the psyscape book as well.

psyscape being on the astral plan would be a good place for this character to turn up, maybe the psynex saved him.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

computertrucker wrote:Does anyone know the page of the kittani plasma whip? I have Atlantis book but don't see it in the weapons section.

Splynn Dimensional Market page 163.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

computertrucker wrote:Lol this must be an older edition book.. It only goes to page 160... It's a friends book.

you're looking at world book 2 atlantis, or world book twenty-something (i think 26, but not sure offhand) splynn dimensional market?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Or......heroes unlimited, magic weapon, greatest rune whip. Jussayin.

Return to “Rifts®”