Free RPG Day - PB?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Free RPG Day - PB?

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Does anyone know why Palladium is not a sponsor? The idea and concept behind the FRD is fantastic!

http://www.freerpgday.com/
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Free RPG Day - PB?

Unread post by Jorel »

As usual, unless someone else points it out to them, I bet they don't even register it.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yeah, there are not as many sponsors as I thought would be there, but Palladium has participated in the past. I think if they were alerted to this well ahead of time, they would participate in some manner.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Dreamstreamer
Wanderer

Unread post by Dreamstreamer »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Yeah, there are not as many sponsors as I thought would be there, but Palladium has participated in the past. I think if they were alerted to this well ahead of time, they would participate in some manner.

What did they contribute in the past? Or rather, how did they participate? Searching RPGGeek's archives for Free RPG Day (link), I couldn't find anything from Palladium Books going through each entry from 2013 back to the first Free RPG Day in 2007.

What do you think they would contribute now? Most items appear to be quick-starts/short adventures with pre-gens designed specifically for demo play on Free RPG Day. Perhaps they could match some of the pre-gens from their GM kits with a short adventure? A CS smackdown in the burbs, perhaps? I'd like a quick-start summary of the rules, too, but that might get complicated.
A billion years is too short a time to accomplish everything you can imagine, for imagination is infinite.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

They participated through Drivethru RPG if I'm not mistaken.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

A free Rifter (PDF and Paper versions) could be an awesome idea to spread the word about PB games!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Comic-Con. Put out comics. Make characters recognizable as Palladium faces. Do an old school anime. I.e. RoboTech style. And of course marketing marketing marketing marketing marketing
Dreamstreamer
Wanderer

Unread post by Dreamstreamer »

The Galactus Kid wrote:They participated through Drivethru RPG if I'm not mistaken.

Admirable, but DriveThruRPG's offers (even when they are done at the same time) don't serve the same function. For one, it fails to get people into physical stores, which is the primary motivator for the idea. It's supposed to be like Free Comic Book Day.

ffranceschi wrote:A free Rifter (PDF and Paper versions) could be an awesome idea to spread the word about PB games!

Spreading the word is good. Having a free quick start that someone new can sample and run with their group is, I think, better.
A billion years is too short a time to accomplish everything you can imagine, for imagination is infinite.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

I actually went down to my local RPG shop for RPG day on a hunt for some vintage books and came away with one (Rifts Japan) and some very neat stuff for some current games. Was well worth my time.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

They are trying to get 4 books and RRT out before GenCon. ... too busy this year.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”