Rifts Manuscript

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TACPfirefighter
D-Bee
Comment: "Love is the Death of Duty"

Rifts Manuscript

Unread post by TACPfirefighter »

Ok so i keep seeing the free lance authors saying they turned in how long does it typically take to go from manuscript to book on the shelf. Just curious really want to see when Chaos Earth First Responders might be seeing the shelf.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Rifts Manuscript

Unread post by jaymz »

Years. Megaverse in Flames iirc was turned in complete 4-5 years ago.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

TACPfirefighter wrote:Ok so i keep seeing the free lance authors saying they turned in how long does it typically take to go from manuscript to book on the shelf. Just curious really want to see when Chaos Earth First Responders might be seeing the shelf.

If you want to see more books for lines like Chaos Earth, you should get in touch with Palladium directly and let them know! I myself have been wanting to see First Responders and more material for Chaos Earth (like the manuscript I turned in like 4 years ago errrrrr..........).

SO yeah, call them up and let them know!
TACPfirefighter
D-Bee
Comment: "Love is the Death of Duty"

Unread post by TACPfirefighter »

Ok phone call this week, why i think kickstarter would be a good thing for Palladium.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

You may want to look into the one they did for RRT....it has not been handled very well on any front in my opinion.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

the main problem is that any sort of proposed kickstarter would have to allow them to produce stuff faster to be of any value.

which, right now at least, basically means that kevin needs to stop being the only person who does final editing and such.

basically, before any book sees print, it has to go through him. that has a good side to it (he's quite a good writer), but it also has a bad side; he can only go so fast and still maintain quality. then add in that he's also quite involved on the business side of things, and doesn't seem likely to give that control up either (he's fairly recently had a bad experience with that as well, which makes it hard. not any less necessary if he wants to free up more time for writing, mind you, but that doesn't make it any easier).

so any theoretical kickstarter would need to first have a reasonable prospect of resolving the production pipeline in the first place. i don't imagine having more money would hurt their ability to produce stuff, but it wouldn't directly help either, unless they have a way to spend that money that will do so. which means kevin needs to either give up some creative control (as he has done for the most part with the rifter), or give up some administrative control.

those are the only ways we can ever reasonably expect to see manuscripts turn into books faster. i mean, we *can* always just hope that he'll get on a major roll and take a book from manuscript to printer in next to no time at all (i've heard he wrote rifts atlantis in like two weeks, though i can't cite any source for that or anything), but that's not the sort of thing you'd want to go crowdfunding for (at least, i don't often see people on these boards gushing over how they never liked palladium until they got in on a megaversal insider deal and now they're super happy with the way that turned out. in contrast, i've heard several people who are not terribly happy over how long it took to get the books finished, and i can't really fault them for that).

now, as to when any specific book will come out, that's anyone's guess. there's a lot of stuff in the pipeline. we are occasionally told what order kevin plans to get stuff finished in, and are given timelines, but he seems to consistently underestimate how long it will take to finish a given book, and as far as i can tell the plans for what book gets finished when are in constant flux.

so, realistically: the best answer anyone can give you is that we don't know, and aren't even particularly able to make a reliable estimate... but probably not for a while.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

It depends on a number of things, some of which can't be discussed because of NDA reasons. However, the following reasons can be assumed directly from what Kevin has stated in Murmurs and updates:
1) Quality
2) Demand
3) Back-log
4) Time of year (convention season, holidays, grab-bag fulfilment etc.)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid

Nightfactory wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:3) Back-log

That should've probably been #1.

If something is an easy edit and has a lot of interest, I would think it would be moved to the front of the queue. Thus, the #3.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

The Galactus Kid wrote:It depends on a number of things, some of which can't be discussed because of NDA reasons. However, the following reasons can be assumed directly from what Kevin has stated in Murmurs and updates:
1) Quality
2) Demand
3) Back-log
4) Time of year (convention season, holidays, grab-bag fulfilment etc.)

Ditto on this.
ImageImage
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Nightfactory wrote:

If something is an easy edit and has a lot of interest, I would think it would be moved to the front of the queue. Thus, the #3.

Like the dead rising book last year if its small and easy edit it can blip to the top of the queue.
The Galactus Kid

kaid wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Nightfactory wrote:

Like the dead rising book last year if its small and easy edit it can blip to the top of the queue.

Exactly.

Return to “Rifts®”