The Mechanoids returns...in a new printing!!!

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Mechanoids returns...in a new printing!!!

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Just read this in the March 18 Press Release: "Due to popular demand, we are re-releasing the collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy as a short printing, as it was among the top most requested out of print titles of the 2013 Christmas Surprise Package season."

This is great news. If anyone has any questions about The Mechanoids Invasion Trilogy, fire away! I am a huge fan of that book so I am happy to talk about it.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: The Mechanoids returns...in a new printing!!!

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nice!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

What's the difference between the invasion books and the rifts sourcebooks? The invasion books are for the specific mechanoids setting?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Alrik Vas wrote:What's the difference between the invasion books and the rifts sourcebooks? The invasion books are for the specific mechanoids setting?

Yes.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I had a blast reading Recon, maybe I'll pick these up, too!

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

Can't wait for this. My copy "disappeared" a couple of years back! Very much looking forward to replacing it!
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

This is awesome. Hoping this will push Mechanoids Space up the pipeline.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Alrik Vas wrote:What's the difference between the invasion books and the rifts sourcebooks? The invasion books are for the specific mechanoids setting?

Great questions!

The Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy was originally a three book stand-alone RPG that was created before Palladium Fantasy and Rifts was published. The book being republished is the collected trilogy that has almost everything under one cover. It uses a proto-version of the current system. In fact, the system changes and grows from the first part to the third part of the trilogy so you can see how the game design evolves. It is my opinion that the original game system is quite excellent and in fact, preferably for casual gamers who aren't thrilled with complexity in RPGs.

The Invasion Trilogy follows three stories - the initial Invasion of a planet and the inhabitants desperate struggle to perhaps save their world and save themselves against incredible odds, the second story is a tale of survivors trapped within a Mechanoid mother ship and the final book of the trilogy is a campaign salvaging through the ruins of the Mechanoid home world. For the Rifter 0.1 fan project, I wrote a whole supplement to the Homeworld campaign.

The Mechanoids supplement for Rifts has lots of art from the original Trilogy, but all the stats and concepts are updated for the Rifts game system. It is focused on the invasion by a small Mechanoid force into Rifts Earth and involves ARCHIE 3, I believe. If you are looking for more stuff for Rifts, then the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy book will be minimally useful to you.

However, if you enjoy Alien Invasion campaigns, the Mechanoids RPG is truly awesome. The Mechanoids are probably Kevin's most villainous creation. They are psychotic psionic torturers who view humans as playthings while they have the power to carve up worlds, perhaps even crush suns. Their technology is crazy advanced, insanely deadly, but they are consumed with insanity and hubris. But what's almost worse is that even though the Human world is being chopped up by the Mechanoids, there are still human factions still trying to fight out old prejudices with greed and selfishness in the face of the apocalypse.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”