Faction Growth

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

Faction Growth

Unread post by Trent »

How bout some rules for faction points for the growth and further development of a faction . Why would they all stay at the level of power and influence they start with ? It even hints at faction growth under size and orientation .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Faction Growth

Unread post by Tor »

Pretty sure the Nocturnes have the highest Growth potential. Way easier to make new vamps than it is to find new Nightbane or train new sorcerers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Tor wrote:Pretty sure the Nocturnes have the highest Growth potential. Way easier to make new vamps than it is to find new Nightbane or train new sorcerers.

Was refering to player created factions and a system to gain more creation points over time to increase the size of the faction and improve its features .
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Trent wrote:Was refering to player created factions and a system to gain more creation points over time to increase the size of the faction and improve its features .

Interesting concept, Trent. I think Irvin wrote the creation rules with the intent that growth and development would be accomplished on a more free-form basis via gameplay. If you write rule-sets for every aspect of a game it risks stifling G.M.s and players who don't like ignoring canon. I'll put this past Irvin next time I talk to him, though, and see what he thinks.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Warwolf wrote:
Trent wrote:Was refering to player created factions and a system to gain more creation points over time to increase the size of the faction and improve its features .

Interesting concept, Trent. I think Irvin wrote the creation rules with the intent that growth and development would be accomplished on a more free-form basis via gameplay. If you write rule-sets for every aspect of a game it risks stifling G.M.s and players who don't like ignoring canon. I'll put this past Irvin next time I talk to him, though, and see what he thinks.

Thats very true but an offical set of rules could avoid greedy and power hungry players exploiting soft hearted GM . And avoid arguments between players . Could be based on average exp gain of the group per level or points could be bought with game money .

Return to “Nightbane®”