Newly Invented Psionics:

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Newly Invented Psionics:

Unread post by taalismn »

IrncladZmbie113 wrote:Freaking phenomenal ideas in here... Putting a lot of them in a word document for consideration for powers when I level up my Mind Mage

You're welcome. Why should technocrats and mages have all the fun when it comes to new stuff? Isn't the mind flexible enough to come up with new tricks? :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Physical Power

Telekinetic Dexterity
Range: As per Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
Duration: Special, see below
ISP: +10 (see below)
Prerequisites: Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
This power has nothing to do with the psychic’s manual dexterity, but rather refers to the refined control they have developed over their telekinetic abilities. A telekinetic with this ability can use telekinesis as a delicate tool instead of a blunt object. Simple tasks such as screwing or unscrewing bolts, or, well, screws, stirring a jug of liquid without a spoon, and other such “light” tasks are done with ease. Even the task of threading twine through the eye of a needle can be accomplished. Further this power can be used without direct line of sight, but a unique “sense of touch” for lack of a better term. Picking a lock for example; using telekinesis only (no lock-picks) one with this ability, and some lock picking know-how, one can use the telekinetic force to move the tumblers inside a lock in order to pick it (with a successful skill roll), of course this cannot be done at a distance, the psychic would have to get as close as they normally would to pick the lock. The control is so very fine that the psychic can even form an edge with the telekinetic energy. A seamstress could snip loose threads, or cut fabric, a surgeon could use the edge in place of a scalpel. This would be a poor combat choice, the damage that can be inflicted in combat can be either 1 SDC point of damage, or 1D4 SDC points of damage, and only the ME bonus applies to strike, no others, not WPs, not PP bonus, nothing (outside combat, if Super Telekinesis is used, then the edge can be used to cut MDC materials, or skin, with great concentration and effort, but the nature and speed of combat prohibit this ability from being able to inflict Mega Damage while in battle). However this can be a great intimidation tool, cutting and bleeding an opponent across a room, or for interrogation purposes. Another telekinetic can use their own abilities to parry the telekinetic edge, and one can try to dodge (at -10, for the attack is not visible, and there are little to no visible queues from the attacker), and magical and psychic body fields can protect against this damage (body fields only), but other than that there is little defense that can be used (making it fortunate it is such a poor combat weapon). Other still have used this ability to save choking victims by removing the block from their throat, or remove a deeply embedded splinter, pinching closed major veins or arteries in accident victims to prevent bleeding out. Some have used it with insidious intentions though; pinching closed the esophagus, irritating and manipulating open wounds to case pain or preventing the clotting of blood, and even squeezing the lungs or heart inside the victim.
To utilize this power one must first already be using either Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis (with whatever ISP cost was paid for enacting that power), they psychic then merely has to expend 10 ISP to activate this fine control over their telekinetic abilities. Activating this power also allows the psychic to manipulate 2 additional objects per level of experience. This power will only last as long as the telekinetic power it was activated in conjunction with.
Note: Some aspects of this power, like picking locks, or applying force to internal organs (for good or ill) require additional knowledge, like lockpicking skills, biology or medical skills, etc., and the range is greatly reduced, immediate range (touch or mere inches) at level one, 1 foot at level 2,+1 additional foot per level starting at level 3. This reduced range only applies to non line-of-sight usage.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

13eowulf wrote:Physical Power

Telekinetic Dexterity

I could really use this power: the screws in my eyeglass hinges keep loosening and it's a pain in the ass finding a tool point small and fine enough to really tighten the damn things before my lenses pop out. :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Physical Power

Telekinetic Draw
Range: Immediate area, either on the psychic's person, or near arms reach (can be just out of reach, but only by 1 foot or less)
Duration: Instant
ISP: 3
Saving Throw: N/A
Prerequisites: Telekinesis
Man didja see how fast that guy was?! It’s like the gun just leapt into his hand!
This power allows the psychic to use Telekinesis to assist the speed of their drawing a weapon to their hand (The weapon must be a one-handed weapon, e.g. pistols, long swords, knives, etc., and not rifles, pole arms, or other two-handed weapons, also they must have a free had to call the weapon to).
They can draw the weapon from a holster or scabbard on their person, or it can be drawn from nearby, as long as the item is within arm's reach (or up to one foot from arms reach, 13 inches is too far).
This ability grants the character a +3 initiative to draw first (if they already have weapons out this ability cannot be used), but this only applies for the first melee action.
The ability can also be used as an automatic parry to draw a weapon for defense, adding a +2 to their parry roll for the single defensive action only (same restrictions as above, must have a hand free), can only be used to obtain the weapon, once the character's hands are full this power is useless.
At level 3 if the psychic has paired weapons and 2 free hands this power can be used for a double-draw, same restrictions as above.
At level 5 the psychic can draw and attack with a single action, but costs 5 ISP instead of 3, same restrictions for drawing as above.
Psi Slingers gain this power automatically at level three along with their regular list of psionic powers.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:ISP Armor (Super Psionics)

The psychic can convert their ISP into a protective field around their body. It looks like a pale, glowing field extending one inch or so from the body. This gives numerous benefits. First of all, ISP is converted into SDC on a 2 to 1 basis- that is, divide the ISP in half to make the sdc. Second, the armor can be used to handle objects of incredibly high or low temperatures that would normally be damaging to the user. Third, the armor can allow the user to parry melee weapons. Lastly, the user cannot have their ISP or PPE drained while the armor is up. There are a few drawbacks, however. One, the ISP must be spent at the beginning and cannot be added to. Second, the duration is a bit limited.

Range: Self
ISP Cost: from 2 to the user's maximum ISP, based on what is available and the user's decision.
Duration: 5 Minutes per level of experience.
It doesn't seem like this would be very useful. ISP is generally pretty low to begin with.

Yeah...unless this is for HU, I can't see an S.D.C. shielding being very useful (we can assume a 1-to-1 conversion for Rifts).

I've got another type of armor to propose:

T.K. Deflective Shield (Super)
Prerequisits: T.K. Force Field, Super T.K.
Range: Centered on self, can be extended outwards to protect others (10' radius per level)
I.S.P. Cost: 35
Duration: 5 minutes per level

This power creates a number of small T.K. force fields (similiar to the Walker from one of the Rifts), but acts like the old-school deflection shields from Robot Tech/Macross (capital class ships). Number of shields created = 2 at level 1, plus 1 per every other level of experience (3,5,7, etc). Each shield adds plus one to parry all incoming projectiles. There are a few advantages of this power over T.K. FF:

-Each shield has roughly (50) M.D.C. and regens 25 per melee (continuous protection rather than having to be reactivated after being destroyed)
-Moves with creator (rather than being stationary)
-After level 5, they can be hurled offensively to inflict 2D6+2 damage (25ft range per level, returns)

Some disadvantages:

-Requires focus (-1 attack while active, -2 on all combat bonuses)
-Does not block HTH attacks and enemies can just run up to the psychic
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

taalismn wrote:
Impart Knowledge

i could see this being used as a wife asks "where have you been all day?"

never set anything up for rifts psionics but they did always seem to get the short end of the stick , though some i had for other stuff could be adapted

might be long winded but i am seldom on here if i have gotten much sleep at all, maybe someone could clean them up a bit
PSI sensitive
Third Sight:
Range: self (but can extend as far as ISP allows)
Duration: 1 min base
Saving Throw: none
ISP: 5 (+2 every min after the first)

after a few seconds to focus (2 actions) the psychic's sight line separates from their body (similar to astral projection but not on the astral plane and not detectable by anything other that detect psionics) the psychic can control this view to move anywhere without restrictions, up, down, through solid objects and even the vacuum of space without being slowed at all (though moving through solid objects can be disorienting)

the psychic can move and even fight physically while in this state, if they can see their body movement speed is 1/2, actions per melee are -2 and -5 to all combat bonuses except to initiative (and only if the enemy is spotted from the new vantage point) if the psychic can not see themselves they fight as if blinded (with - 2 actions per melee focused on the 'third sight' power)

while active the psychic feels no pain or physical sensations, can't hear or see (other than by third sight) and may seem drunk or high to anyone looking at them staggering around , often with a glazed expression on their face or eyes rolled back in their head) the upside is that they can see in any direction, through solid objects (even power armor or vehicles) at a maximum speed of 20 miles per hr (50 mph on a ley line) and can not be harmed in any way (unless to the physical body) psionics that effect vision can still be cast and will stack, spells and psionics that have no range but target, or target area 'must be seen' (something like teliport) can be used , but no ability's that are beyond the range of the psychics physical body (a fireball for instance would still only travel from the psychic's physical body in a straight line at the mentioned negatives to strike)

---
PSI-Sensitive
---

Seventh Sense
Range: 25' per level
Duration: Until sense is triggered
Saving Throw: none
ISP: 2

like sixth sense the ISP is used automatically when entering an area that had recent Rift activity with a maximum of 1D6+1 days ago, and only if the psychic is unaware of the recent activity (if they saw the rift closed and ran to within range of this power it would not trigger telling them a rift just closed, or if they felt the sense, moved away and then back into range it would not trigger again) the psychic will know the location of where the rifts was within their sensing range, an idea of how large it was small (dog size or smaller) medium (human size) large (robot or vehicle) or gigantic (large enough for an army) and if the rift was 'natural' or 'man made' (if man made there is a 65% chance they can tell if it was opened on the side they are on, or the other side

tracking skills could lead to more information (1 set of footprints coming out of nowhere, or vehicle tracks traveled to where the rift was and vanish) but the psychic ability does not tell anything other than where the rift was, it's relative size, how long ago it was active
and if it was man made or natural

---
PSI-Sensitive (maybe super?)
---

Cosmic Vision:
Range: 10'/infinite
Duration: 1 melee
Saving Throw: None
ISP: 50

1D6 melee trance

can 'see' rifts in the past or future (within 1D4+1 months) the psychic see's the rift energy (different than visually seeing it, they see streaks of silver/white energy pouring out of the rift in all directions and reflected off of any person or object that was in the area at the time the rift was active, even objects that are invisible) this details the exact size of the rift, everything that was in the area , and can see all incarnations of that rift
if the rift opens routinely in the same spot, where the rift opens to on the other side, and if a random rift every opening, over lapped in the same spot but the psychic is able to identify which rift's , objects and beings which were on the side of the opening of the psychic and which portals , beings and objects were on the other side (if the psychic has been to a dimension that one of the portals opens up from there is a good chance 75% they can tell which dimension it is)

the power only lasts 1 melee but given the time skewing nature of it, the psychic 'see's the rift for the total duration of the longest one was open for (if only 1 rift was open for 10 min they see the entrance and exit for 10 min, if 10 portals had opened with one taking 3 days to close, then the psychic would see all rifts' open in the same instant closing one by one until 3 days later the last one closed, but similar to a dream the psychic has total knowledge and understanding of what they are seeing, and which rifts are in the past and which are in the future etc) but still only 15 seconds has passed physically in real time

this power does NOT allow the opening (or re-opening) of a rift and visions of future rifts are subject to change , but can be both an indicator of any dangerous beings that came into our world, or ones who might (the psychic and friends could see a evil shifter coming with a demon army 5 weeks from now, but would have time to prepare and set traps, or find the shifter in the weeks beforehand and kill him before he prepares)

being psychic powers it could be one of the few ways for the CS to identify possible incoming attacks by rift portals
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

raise bread!
basically this is the psionic equilivent of raise bread(magical)
basically you make bread raise VERY quickly!
isp- 35
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

you already had that on page one :P lol

abe wrote:raise bread
isp needed-35
basically does what it says it does
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:raise bread!
basically this is the psionic equilivent of raise bread(magical)
basically you make bread raise VERY quickly!
isp- 35

I think this is incomplete in nature. Perhaps fleshing it out, adding proper detail, and using the proper format.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

PSI-Lence wrote:you already had that on page one :P lol

abe wrote:raise bread
isp needed-35
basically does what it says it does

sorry, I forgot.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about raise fred(maybe I did this one as well, I forget)
basically you raise a man named Fred high into the air!
isp cost-45
what do you think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:how about raise fred(maybe I did this one as well, I forget)
isp cost-45
what do you think?

I think this is incomplete in nature. Perhaps fleshing it out, adding proper detail, and using the proper format.

For example, does the given name have to be Fred, or seeing as Fred is a short form of Frederick, Fredrich, or Frederico (among others) does any related name count? What about people named Freddy?

Does it only work on males, or females as well? Seeing as Fred is also a short from of both Frederica and Winifred, among others...

Indeed I would suggest what you have here is an outline of a power, not an actual power, that needs fleshing out.

Also I think the ISP cost is too low.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

13eowulf wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

For example, does the given name have to be Fred, or seeing as Fred is a short form of Frederick, Fredrich, or Frederico (among others) does any related name count? What about people named Freddy?

Does it only work on males, or females as well? Seeing as Fred is also a short from of both Frederica and Winifred, among others...

Indeed I would suggest what you have here is an outline of a power, not an actual power, that needs fleshing out.

given name has to be fred & what do you think of 250 isp?
What do you think the isp should be?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

given name has to be fred & what do you think of 250 isp?
What do you think the isp should be?

I think that before you can even discuss ISP you need to flesh out the power will all other relevant pieces of information, as that will have an affect on the ISP cost.
I also think that if you dont know what the other relevant pieces of information I am referring to are perhaps you shouldnt be posting psionic powers until you do.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

13eowulf wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

You are obviously not familiar with abe. "Incomplete in nature" is pretty much his stock-in-trade.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

You are obviously not familiar with abe. "Incomplete in nature" is pretty much his stock-in-trade.

I am familiar, and a more accurate description of his stock-in-trade would get me a warning if posted publicly.

However I will continue to politely and constructively point out all the flaws and lack of thought put into these and the skills he posts, so long as he keeps requesting the feedback. After all, I am only answering his requests for feedback.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

i got one of those warning things once for honestly stating what I thought (he does ask, "what do you guys think"). I framed it and hung it on my wall.

I'm going to look up the rules on spamming and flame baiting; because i think we're trolled men.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

---
Psi-Physical
---

Force Aura
Range: self / others up to 5' away per level
Duration: 2 min per level
Saving Throw: none / standard for unwilling targets
ISP: 10

turns the aura into a visible physical barrier with a M.D.C. equal to the I.S.P and P.P.E. combined the shield is porous and allows air (and all gasses) and water through, items can still be picked up, but the aura repels anything with an aura of it's own (preventing physical contact with another living being or rune weapon etc) and any object moving fast enough to cause damage

forcing the aura to be visible can briefly mark a target (-30% prowl) it can also be used to force any living thing with an aura away from the target. the target's aura can be distracting making hard to see the persons exact position (-1 to strike)

sick, evil or possessed peoples aura's will look off putting even to people whom have never seen an aura before even if they will not be able to tell what is wrong (force aura also lets anyone with see aura to understand it just as well as if they had cast the ability themselves)
taalismn
Priest

Psychic Holography(Physical)
Type:Physical
Range: 5 ft per level of experience, and the image cannot be larger than 18 inches(+6 inches per level of experience) wide/tall.
Effects: Psychic Holography allows the psychic to project images from their own mind into visible form for others to see. The psychic first creates a fine mist of ectoplasm, and then manipulates available light(cannot be total darkness) to create the images.
Psychic Holography CAN be combined with Total Recall, allowing the psychic to share information they have witnessed and memorized.
Art skills like Painting, Sculpture, and Drawing can also be used in conjunction with this power to produce particularly vivid holographic images; a successful roll means the resulting image comes off sharp and clear, while a failed roll means a washed-out or blurred image.
Psychic holograms CAN be recorded on visual media such as video and still photography cameras.
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P Cost: 2 for simple static images, 4 for moving images, 6 for three dimensional images, 12 for moving 3-D images.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Does a psionic ability exist whereby one could question plants nearby a crime scene to find out what happened there? I have a player who likes that idea for a power. If writing one up, I would need to figure out how far back the plant's memory is and what range the plant could sense things at effectively.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Does a psionic ability exist whereby one could question plants nearby a crime scene to find out what happened there? I have a player who likes that idea for a power. If writing one up, I would need to figure out how far back the plant's memory is and what range the plant could sense things at effectively.

Object Read
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Does a psionic ability exist whereby one could question plants nearby a crime scene to find out what happened there? I have a player who likes that idea for a power. If writing one up, I would need to figure out how far back the plant's memory is and what range the plant could sense things at effectively.

Object Read
Are you sure? Because technically a plant is not an object, it is a living thing. I dislike using Object Read for that. The next thing you'll be telling me is that you can use Object Read on animals.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Expansion of my knee jerk answer: Object Read is the closest thing in canon.

Whether a plant can be the object of the object read is debatable because (after looking @ the HU2 MB text) the text does not specifically say the object can't be a living thing. Even though, the text as written assumes that the object is something non-living.

If push came to shove I would draw the dividing line at it's highest, that any animal smaller then a cat could be OR'ed and non-tree plants could be OR'ed. But that is stretching in the allowing direction.

As a GM for my own game I probably would not think twice about a player wanting to OR a plant so long as it was not a tree. But that is what I'd do in a game I ran.

:thwak: :thwak: Make sure you make allowances for my careful wording if you respond to this.

One of the people here said to me the he didn't like all the "New" hero powers in the fan made powers topic cause most were just variants of existing powers. (This was back when there was just 7-9 pages worth in the topic.) This sort of falls into that sort of thing...it would end up mostly a varient of the OR power cause plants don't think too much.

sidenote:
LOTR Fan POV on any 'talk with plant' power or spell:
They would only speak in Entish so you would be there for a very long time if you want asked them anything.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I see what you are saying. Generally plants are not intelligent enough to do what my player suggested and Object Read might be the best thing to use aside from nature spells. Psionics cannot, after all, grant plants a sentience for a limited duration, which a power like what he suggests would have to do.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

TrumbachD wrote:I saw the thread on invented spells and wondered why there wasn't one for new Psionics, so I started one.
lets here some of your ideas for new psionic powers, new categories for those powers or even new PCCs!

In Rifter Number 56 on page 64 there are some new psionics.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kovoston wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:I saw the thread on invented spells and wondered why there wasn't one for new Psionics, so I started one.
lets here some of your ideas for new psionic powers, new categories for those powers or even new PCCs!

You realize the post you are replying to was written in July of 2009, and Rifter 56 was released in October 2011, right?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

13eowulf wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

You realize the post you are replying to was written in July of 2009, and Rifter 56 was released in October 2011, right?

I'm grateful for the reminder of the Rifter contributions. Some of them may not have since been made canon. or at least deserved to be looked at, so we don't re-invent somebody else;s fanwork. :wink: .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

taalismn wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

I'm grateful for the reminder of the Rifter contributions. Some of them may not have since been made canon. or at least deserved to be looked at, so we don't re-invent somebody else;s fanwork. :wink: .

Thank you!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Dit somebodie got up with Boosts Pain:the ability to boost existing pain,making a pin pric feel like ther finger was Cut Off.
Range:touch or within 3 feet.
duration:hone hour per level of experience.
I.s.p:4.
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:Dit somebodie got up with Boosts Pain:the ability to boost existing pain,making a pin pric feel like ther finger was Cut Off.
Range:touch or within 3 feet.
duration:hone hour per level of experience.
I.s.p:4.

Biomanipulation already serves this quite nicely for imposing pain on people.

Next, you have failed to state which category it belongs in(Sensitive, Healing, Physical or Super). Decide and post the title of the power and its category at the beginning of your post, not midway through it.

Damage/Effect: You're best served by coming up with a comparative chart(ranging from 'pinprick' to 'flayed alive') of how much 'damage'(in terms of hard stats like -x to initiative, -x to strike or parry using the affected limb, etc.)the boost/increase in pain does.
'Making a pinprick feel like their finger was cut off' doesn't really do much, because a strong-willed person might just look at their hand, see the finger is still attached, and brush off the pain.
And a person with massive second-degree burns who is already in agony just might pass out at an increase in pain(3rd degree burn victims don't feel much pain because the nerves have already been destroyed; it's the remaining nerves around the edges of the burns that hurt like a bastard and make burn treatment so agonizing).

Also state what, if any, are the saving throws against this power?

And again, PLEASE watch spelling and punctuation.

Rework this and take your time at it; haste is not your friend here.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Range: Self or by touch
Duration: 6d6 melees
I.S.P.: 6
Saving Throw: Standard if used on another person
Base Skill: 54%+2% per level of experience
A possible mutation of the Clairvoyance power, Avatar Vision allows the psychic to catch glimpses of a person’s possible other dimensional selves. Though arguably Clairvoyance may be seeing across temporally-skewed alternate universes to see glimpses of what MIGHT be in the viewer’s own universe, Avatar Vision inarguably catches glimpses of what might have BEEN, what otherwise IS, and possibly what could yet BE. Both the psychic and the person they are reading will share a dreamlike state in which 2d4 other ‘selves’ may be viewed, with attendant impressions and stray thoughts of the person(s). As a tool, Avatar Vision shows possible trends and common traits in a person, and probable outcomes(for instance, if visions of slow death predominate in a seeing, it may point to inherent health problems and a tendency to ignore them, while versions showing the person doing evil things may hint at a predilection/susceptibility to temptation, corruption, and evil). Insight into the character of a person may be derived from common traits seen in their other-dimensional selves. Other useful applications of this power may allow the person to see mistakes they made and how to correct them, if other dimensional selves have also made the same mistake(example: seeing several other selves who have invented a particular device may lead the person to revisit a previously abandoned line of thought or project, or look into a specific field of study).
For dimensional travelers, visions brought up by this power may prove useful if they recognize a person’s other-dimensional avatar and/or people and places from their surrounding environment.
If used in a dimensional pyramid or at a leyline nexus, boost duration by 50% and add +5% to the skill; the glimpses will be more detailed, sharper, and longer-lasting.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Avatar Vision(Sensitive)
A possible mutation of the Clairvoyance power, Avatar Vision allows the psychic to catch glimpses of a person’s possible other dimensional selves. Though arguably Clairvoyance may be seeing across temporally-skewed alternate universes to see glimpses of what MIGHT be in the viewer’s own universe, Avatar Vision inarguably catches glimpses of what might have BEEN, what otherwise IS, and possibly what could yet BE. Both the psychic and the person they are reading will share a dreamlike state in which 2d4 other ‘selves’ may be viewed, with attendant impressions and stray thoughts of the person(s). As a tool, Avatar Vision shows possible trends and common traits in a person, and probable outcomes(for instance, if visions of slow death predominate in a seeing, it may point to inherent health problems and a tendency to ignore them, while versions showing the person doing evil things may hint at a predilection/susceptibility to temptation, corruption, and evil). Insight into the character of a person may be derived from common traits seen in their other-dimensional selves. Other useful app;ications of this power may allow the person to see mistakes they made and how to correct them, if other dimensional selves have also made the same mistake(example: seeing several other selves who have invented a particular device may lead the person to revisit a previously abandoned line of thought or project, or look into a specific field of study).
For dimensional travelers, visions brought up by this power may prove useful if they recognize a person’s other-dimensional avatar and/or people and places from their surrounding environment.
If used in a dimensional pyramid or at a leyline nexus, boost duration by 50% and add +5% to the skill; the glimpses will be more detailed, sharper, and longer-lasting.
Awesome.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
A possible mutation of the Clairvoyance power, Avatar Vision allows the psychic to catch glimpses of a person’s possible other dimensional selves. Though arguably Clairvoyance may be seeing across temporally-skewed alternate universes to see glimpses of what MIGHT be in the viewer’s own universe, Avatar Vision inarguably catches glimpses of what might have BEEN, what otherwise IS, and possibly what could yet BE. Both the psychic and the person they are reading will share a dreamlike state in which 2d4 other ‘selves’ may be viewed, with attendant impressions and stray thoughts of the person(s). As a tool, Avatar Vision shows possible trends and common traits in a person, and probable outcomes(for instance, if visions of slow death predominate in a seeing, it may point to inherent health problems and a tendency to ignore them, while versions showing the person doing evil things may hint at a predilection/susceptibility to temptation, corruption, and evil). Insight into the character of a person may be derived from common traits seen in their other-dimensional selves. Other useful app;ications of this power may allow the person to see mistakes they made and how to correct them, if other dimensional selves have also made the same mistake(example: seeing several other selves who have invented a particular device may lead the person to revisit a previously abandoned line of thought or project, or look into a specific field of study).
Awesome.

I was inspired by a Timothy Zahn short story: 'Cascade Point', in which a side effect of an FTL drive system is a moment wherein crew and passengers are surrounded by shadowy, slightly different images of themselves; presumably possible other selves in parallel universes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Good job!!! :)
Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

Telekinetic Psi-Chakram (Super)
Range: 300 feet
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P.: 36/18 If your a cyberkight
Saving Throw: Dodge or parry.

Most of the rules are the same as Psi-Sword with some differences. For each round make three attack roll's, one for each target. Max three targets or one target up to three attacks.
The telekinetic psi-chakram will always return to your hand.
Telekinetic Psi-Chakram damage: same as psi sword, 4d6 M.D. at level three. And add 2d6 M.D. at levels four, seven, nine, twelve, and fifteen. If you are a cyberkight adjust the damage to be the same as the cyberkight's Psi-Sword. +3 to strike. It is aimed and controlled by your mind.
You can attack anything within a 300 feet radius.

This is the first power I had made please guide me if it need some work?
Last edited by Shadowdragon7 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Telekinetic Push (Super)

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Telekinetic Push (Super)

Range: By touch or one foot (0.3 m) per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4

The power is basically the same as the ability described in the Physical category of psionic powers, but greatly enhanced. The pushing force is equal to a Supernatural P.S. of 16+1 per level of the psychic. The Super Telekinetic Push is roughly equal to a body block and does 1D4 M.D. damage, will knock up to one human sized target per level of experience back twenty yards/meters knocking the target(s) off their feet causing loss of initiative and dazing the for 1D4 melee rounds (see Stun under Bio-Manipulation for penalities; targets with Supernatural endurance are knocked off their feet and lose one melee action). Targets weighing more than 500 pounds or who possess Robotic P.S., Supernatural P.S. are only shoved a yard or two and there is only a 01-60% chance of being knocked off their feet causing loss of intiative and one melee action. Inanimate objects weighing under 50 pounds (22.5 kg) are "pushed" or slid across the ground twice as far, roughly forty yards/me­ters.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re: Telekinetic Push (Super)

Mlp7029 wrote:Telekinetic Push (Super)

Range: By touch or one foot (0.3 m) per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4

The power is basically the same as the ability described in the Physical category of psionic powers, but greatly enhanced. The pushing force is equal to a Supernatural P.S. of 16+1 per level of the psychic. The Super Telekinetic Push is roughly equal to a body block and does 1D4 M.D. damage, will knock up to one human sized target per level of experience back twenty yards/meters knocking the target(s) off their feet causing loss of initiative and dazing the for 1D4 melee rounds (see Stun under Bio-Manipulation for penalities; targets with Supernatural endurance are knocked off their feet and lose one melee action). Targets weighing more than 500 pounds or who possess Robotic P.S., Supernatural P.S. are only shoved a yard or two and there is only a 01-60% chance of being knocked off their feet causing loss of intiative and one melee action. Inanimate objects weighing under 50 pounds (22.5 kg) are "pushed" or slid across the ground twice as far, roughly forty yards/me­ters.
The ISP cost should be greater.
taalismn
Priest

Shadowdragon7 wrote:Telekinetic Psi-Chakram (Super)

Most of the rules are the same as Psi-Sword with some differences. For each round make three attack roll's, one for each target. Max three targets or one target up to three attacks.

You should explain what a Chakram is to the unknowing. This is basically a psi-frisbee of death. And for completeness's sake, put the damage in the stats, and any bonuses for striking(from just having the ability, hand to hand bonuses, or applicable skills).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

taalismn wrote:

You should explain what a Chakram is to the unknowing. This is basically a psi-frisbee of death. And for completeness's sake, put the damage in the stats, and any bonuses for striking(from just having the ability, hand to hand bonuses, or applicable skills).

A Chakram is a flat Ring of Metal with the external edge sharpened. It is a Thrown weapon and is thrown much like a frisbee.

In many old photographs of middle east guys you might see them wearing on their person multiple chakram.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_cX1SwiC1Y
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I am sort of leery of this as written (but not the idea as a whole)
Reasons:
1) as written it seems to suggest that it can be used to make three attacks on up to three targets with one action
2) the damage/ISP cost is rather low, ESPECIALLY if it is actually x3
3) I am not clear if it is used as a melee weapon (like a psi sword) and offers a bonus throw! or if the throwing uses attacks
4) There is no clairity on if the targets need to be close together, all with in 300' of the next target, 300' of each other, 300' of me or what
5) I would, personally, think that the privilege of throwing a weapon, let alone multiple strikes is worth more than 6isp over the 'base' power
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The power would use the TK strike bonuses, and would be like the "Dirty Pair's" "Bloody Card" flying about at a distance but controlled by the psion.

It needs some flavor text to define what it does. IOW the poster needs to get out his creative writing cap and get to work writing out the ideas in his head to the page.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

level 4 edit
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The power would use the TK strike bonuses, and would be like the "Dirty Pair's" "Bloody Card" flying about at a distance but controlled by the psion.

It needs some flavor text to define what it does. IOW the poster needs to get out his creative writing cap and get to work writing out the ideas in his head to the page.

See when I read the power I thought Xena more than Dirty Pair, at least that is where I thought the poster was going.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

13eowulf wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The power would use the TK strike bonuses, and would be like the "Dirty Pair's" "Bloody Card" flying about at a distance but controlled by the psion.

See when I read the power I thought Xena more than Dirty Pair, at least that is where I thought the poster was going.

Exactly why I was saying that it needs more clarity...Both are possible....but they are sort of exclusive, and have different ups and downs (TK strike vs WP for instance...)
Which is why a power needs to be well defined (especially when the power is novel)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Never watched Xena. *shrugs*. Did she have one that she could mentally control to strike targets?

Was saying the TK bonuses because of the power's name has Telekinetic directly in it.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Never watched Xena. *shrugs*. Did she have one that she could mentally control to strike targets?

Was saying the TK bonuses because of the power's name has Telekinetic directly in it.

Mental control would be the only possible explanation for the multiple strike/ricochet shots she pulls off... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCuQ353Lv8

(That and it is actually called a Chakram, so the association is more direct)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

13eowulf wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Never watched Xena. *shrugs*. Did she have one that she could mentally control to strike targets?

Mental control would be the only possible explanation for the multiple strike/ricochet shots she pulls off... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCuQ353Lv8

(That and it is actually called a Chakram, so the association is more direct)

"This Video is Unavailable"
Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Saving Throw: Dodge or parry.

Most of the rules are the same as Psi-Sword with some differences. Add 8 I.S.P. if you want the Chakram to ricochet off of two extra targets for one round within range.
Telekinetic Psi-Chakram damage: same as psi sword, 4d6 M.D. at level three. And add 2d6 M.D. at levels four, seven, nine, twelve, and fifteen. If you are a cyberkight adjust the damage to be the same as the cyberkight's Psi-Sword. +3 to strike. It is aimed and controlled by your mind.
You can attack anything within a 300 feet radius.

I have updated the power and what should the power cost be at?
Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Bio-Manipulation
Range 160ft
Duration 4-16 minutes
I.S.P. 10

Loosen Bowls: Sometimes you want payback
taalismn
Priest

Shadowdragon7 wrote:Bio-Manipulation
Range 160ft
Duration 4-16 minutes
I.S.P. 10

Loosen Bowls: Sometimes you want payback

Add a few stats(reductions in speed, HtH bonuses, initiative, MA/PB, whatever) for what you'd consider to be the effects of having catastrophic loss of sphincter control....because some people aren't likely to be as inconvenienced as others by brown pants.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”