Unannounced Revised Versions of Books

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Re: Unannounced Revised Versions of Books

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

Great thread! Keeping an unofficial tally of changes in editions (I think we call those 'edits,' right? :D ), is a good thing, and I thank you folks for doing that!

Regarding the Utility of Rifts Africa, I used to feel like you guys do, and I understand how many might find it to be of little use now. However, one day a few years ago I picked it up and reacquainted myself with the Medicine Man and the African Rain Maker, and they (finally) struck a chord with me. Perhaps this is because now that I'm in my gamer-dotage (I'm 35...), I like playing more fragile but niche-skilled characters, like the two chaps I mentioned above. The appeal of these classes to me is similar to that of the Scholar and Adventurer type characters in the main rule book and throughout the source/dimension/world books, in that rely more on their background skills and knowledge than their brute force or special abilities. Not everyone sees their mind wander that way between the ages of 13 and 35, I understand, and I certainly didn't feel this way when Rifts Africa came out when I was 12 (then I was all fired up to play a Tauton or Phoenexi).

Anyway, thanks again for starting this thread and for sharing your thoughts on Rifts Africa. Please just remember that sometimes eccentric and fragile but uniquely skilled OCCs and RCCs can bring something fun and quirky to a game, and without Rifts Africa we wouldn't have any of the truly unique (and yes, somewhat weak (though the Rain Maker could be very useful in a Vampires campaign)) characters that aren't found in any other Rifts book.

:D --GJ
"Wujcik rules!!!"

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”