Crunchy Cheescake...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TheElf
Explorer

Crunchy Cheescake...

Unread post by TheElf »

I know this forum appreciates ASC love. Soak it up!

http://leelf.deviantart.com/art/ROBOTEC ... 1385246614
taalismn
Priest

Re: Crunchy Cheescake...

Unread post by taalismn »

Fantastic as always. 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

TheElf wrote:I know this forum appreciates ASC love. Soak it up!

Nicely done on the Spartas... though Jeanne/Dana's pose looks more than a little stiff and awkward. Like one of those poses department store mannequins come in that nobody could comfortably hold for more than a minute or two.

(IMO, replacing Jeanne/Dana with a department store mannequin would've been a huge improvement... the mannequin would be infinitely more tolerable by the simple virtue of being unable to speak. YMMV, naturally.)
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Didn't the S Model Spartas have little ports on the head?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Excellent as usual though......the scale of the Spartas could be better :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

jaymz wrote:Excellent as usual though......the scale of the Spartas could be better :D

The Spartas and Dana aren't intended to be to scale. ;)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

TheElf wrote:
jaymz wrote:Excellent as usual though......the scale of the Spartas could be better :D

I know but still... :P :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Coolness! :)
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Nicely done on the Spartas... though Jeanne/Dana's pose looks more than a little stiff and awkward. Like one of those poses department store mannequins come in that nobody could comfortably hold for more than a minute or two.)

The Southern Cross leg poses in particular look almost retrodigigrade...Like mutant animals :shock:

Hmmm...After the Bomb and Southern Cross xover....hmmm.... :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Tiree wrote:Didn't the S Model Spartas have little ports on the head?

Are you thinking of Dana's "rabbit ear" energy blades? Nothing to say if those are unique to her model VHT or not, they might not be a standard feature on any VHT, but a custom feature found only on 15th ATAC.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Love it. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Nice job. :ok:
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Excellent, as always. My favorite is still Rook Bartley, tho. That is pretty much the best rendition of her.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Nice work. You make Dana look like someone i don't want to strangle. :ok:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

ShadowLogan wrote:

Are you thinking of Dana's "rabbit ear" energy blades? Nothing to say if those are unique to her model VHT or not, they might not be a standard feature on any VHT, but a custom feature found only on 15th ATAC.

Yes - and I wouldn't normally make a comment about it for all VHT's, but it specifically states that it is hers.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Nice work, beautiful Spartas, good to see some art of the first decent Female main-character in Robotech... She's everything the previous women in the show lacked, Strong, Independent, Intelligent and she piloted a Mecha...
after having to Stomach Lisa and Minmie being so pathetic as female role-models, it was good to see someone who acted like a teenager, because she was one... rather than being love-struck over some arrogant sexist pilot...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Nicely done on the Spartas... though Jeanne/Dana's pose looks more than a little stiff and awkward. Like one of those poses department store mannequins come in that nobody could comfortably hold for more than a minute or two.

(IMO, replacing Jeanne/Dana with a department store mannequin would've been a huge improvement... the mannequin would be infinitely more tolerable by the simple virtue of being unable to speak. YMMV, naturally.)

Well on the first part, Thanks! I thought the old Spartas needed the Elven touch. So much potential...

On the second...ouch. I think that might be the harshest feedback I've ever gotten from you Seto. ;) Her pose is a power pose, but I just couldn't bring myself to duplicate that classic SDCSC knee bend...
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

jaymz wrote:
TheElf wrote:

I know but still... :P :D

hmm...I'll admit, you got me on that one Jaymz. :?
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Arnie100 wrote:Coolness! :)

Thanks Arnie...I can always count on your one word of support ;)
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

taalismn wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:

Nicely done on the Spartas... though Jeanne/Dana's pose looks more than a little stiff and awkward. Like one of those poses department store mannequins come in that nobody could comfortably hold for more than a minute or two.)

The Southern Cross leg poses in particular look almost retrodigigrade...Like mutant animals :shock:

Hmmm...After the Bomb and Southern Cross xover....hmmm.... :bandit:

I agree with the leg thing. Never got that...
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Alpha 11 wrote:Nice job. :ok:

'
Shawn...Alpha,

Thanks!
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

slade the sniper wrote:Excellent, as always. My favorite is still Rook Bartley, tho. That is pretty much the best rendition of her.

-STS

Slade, I agree. I have always been most happy with my Rook piece. She just came out right, and I've never even considered going back and making improvements like I have on other works. Glad you liked her.

btw, I've hope to revisit Rook as another piece in the future. Lot's of ideas there...
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Alrik Vas wrote:Nice work. You make Dana look like someone i don't want to strangle. :ok:

Lol...I know. I've always felt the daughter of Max and Miriya (in the RT world at least) always deserved better. I admit to really struggling with that hair! I've been trying to get around that so I can finally get a Dana piece out for well over a year!
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Tiree wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

Yes - and I wouldn't normally make a comment about it for all VHT's, but it specifically states that it is hers.

I've always taken the rabbit ears as a goofy bit, with no tactial application, that the original animators put in for funzies. They are only seen in the one episode, and they seem to make light of the ATAC crest, particularly the part I used on the right shoulder. It looks a little like a rabbit.
TheElf
Explorer

Unread post by TheElf »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Nice work, beautiful Spartas, good to see some art of the first decent Female main-character in Robotech... She's everything the previous women in the show lacked, Strong, Independent, Intelligent and she piloted a Mecha...
after having to Stomach Lisa and Minmie being so pathetic as female role-models, it was good to see someone who acted like a teenager, because she was one... rather than being love-struck over some arrogant sexist pilot...

I've always liked Dana's personality, but I've never been able to get behind that hair. Even in the 80s...She does wear sometimes, but in the end her strength shows through. More annoying that Lisa, and much less annoying than Minmei for all the reasons you state.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I swear that Nova Satori should have been Max and Miryia's daughter, and they should have had Dana be Rick and Lisa's. But I digress...
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

TheElf wrote:Well on the first part, Thanks! I thought the old Spartas needed the Elven touch. So much potential...

Eh... I've never had a lot of time for the designs of Southern Cross, 'cept maybe the Auroran/AGACs. I've always felt something was badly wrong with the idea of a front-line mecha like that having the operator so exposed, though it also had me rather confused that they were so utterly bereft of markings. If you want to do the Spartas a service, maybe toss the old clunker a few sweet paintjobs the way most mecha shows are so fond of doing. It needs it, BAD.

TheElf wrote:On the second...ouch. I think that might be the harshest feedback I've ever gotten from you Seto. ;) Her pose is a power pose, but I just couldn't bring myself to duplicate that classic SDCSC knee bend...

It's just, y'know, a weird and awkward looking pose... but then there's always been that little voice in the back of my head that would say much the same thing about the sort of poses you'd see in the SI swimsuit issue. :lol:
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Tiree wrote:I swear that Nova Satori should have been Max and Miryia's daughter, and they should have had Dana be Rick and Lisa's. But I digress...
its common knowledge at high command that Rick and Lisa soaked up to much radiation while in the grand cannon and the one child they did have looked more like a Karbaran than a human...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

TheElf wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:Excellent, as always. My favorite is still Rook Bartley, tho. That is pretty much the best rendition of her.

-STS

Slade, I agree. I have always been most happy with my Rook piece. She just came out right, and I've never even considered going back and making improvements like I have on other works. Glad you liked her.

btw, I've hope to revisit Rook as another piece in the future. Lot's of ideas there...

When you do, make sure to post it!

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”