Newly Invented Psionics:

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Re: Newly Invented Psionics:

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Psychic Mirage (Super Psionic Power)
Range: 120 feet; size of illusion is 3 square feet per level
Duration: One minute per level
I.S.P. cost: 40
Saving Throw: Standard
Effect: Powerful illusion that affects all the senses. The illusion will move and act out any mental command given it by its creator, and will fool the ears, sense of smell, sense of touch and the pain centers of those who face it. Illusionary damage will not be permanent,though people who think they have been killed will fall into unconsciousness.

Sounds like an adaptation of the spell Apparition?
Not sure where I got the inspiration for this one from. I write a lot of super powers for Heroes Unlimited, so it is possible I had done a power similar or was inspired by something.

It's the Psychic Mirage: Superior super/master psionic power from the Nightbane: Between the Shadows book.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Effect: Powerful illusion that affects all the senses. The illusion will move and act out any mental command given it by its creator, and will fool the ears, sense of smell, sense of touch and the pain centers of those who face it. Illusionary damage will not be permanent,though people who think they have been killed will fall into unconsciousness.

Not sure where I got the inspiration for this one from. I write a lot of super powers for Heroes Unlimited, so it is possible I had done a power similar or was inspired by something.

It's the Psychic Mirage: Superior super/master psionic power from the Nightbane: Between the Shadows book.
Is it? Unfortunately, when I posted some of these there were some in my book which got transferred over from Nightbane. I was not intentionally trying to copy or claim creatorship of material which was not my own. Apologies if there were some posted here which should not have been.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Rogue_Scientist wrote:

Is it? Unfortunately, when I posted some of these there were some in my book which got transferred over from Nightbane. I was not intentionally trying to copy or claim creatorship of material which was not my own. Apologies if there were some posted here which should not have been.

No worries. I wasn't implying anything, just providing a source for the power. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Aura Locker (super)
Range: self
Duration: 1 day per level
ISP: 10 perm when acquired, 3 ISP per activation.

This power is used in conjunction with the Alter Aura physical psi power. This power extends the expressed aura created by the alter aura power.

Comments?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Aura Locker (super)

This power is used in conjunction with the Alter Aura physical psi power. This power extends the expressed aura created by the alter aura power.

Comments?

I like it. Very much

However, seeing as it is both a Super and requiring permanent ISP expenditure I would suggest a baseline duration greater than a day, then add an additional day per level of experience.
My thoughts are 3-5 days, but no more than a week.
Or perhaps a flat two days per level.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Aura Locker (super)

Comments?

I too think this is a great idea. There are a few canon references that speak of evil beings...being able to hide their auras for extended durations. This would explain how.

(Alteration 1)

"Enhanced Aura" (physical)
*prerequisit: Alter Aura, See Aura
-Cost: (conditional) 10+ (or perm)
-Duration: (varies)
-Saving throw: standard -1
-Range: (touch) perm, or 10' temp

This power allows you to "borrow" the aura of another being (hince the saving throw) or extend the duration of your "created" aura.

For the first option you must physically touch the victim and expend (10) I.S.P. If they fail the saving throw you successfully "copy" their aura exactly (similar to "bleed aura" power of the mind bleeder). Duration is 1 day per level, and can be extended to 1 week per level by expending 20 I.S.P. You can choose to perm-store that aura for later use by perm. expending 4 I.S.P. and then 10 to reactivate it (this does not distort the aura like the mind bleeder power because it is copied...not stolen).

For the second option...the duration mentioned above is added to the duration of alter aura (stacking the I.S.P. cost as well).

*This will need to be reformed later*
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Syndicate wrote:I too think this is a great idea. There are a few canon references that speak of evil beings...being able to hide their auras for extended durations. This would explain how.

(Alteration 1)

*prerequisite: Alter Aura, See Aura

This power allows you to "borrow" the aura of another being (hence the saving throw) or extend the duration of your "created" aura.

For the first option you must physically touch the victim and expend (10) I.S.P. If they fail the saving throw you successfully "copy" their aura exactly (similar to "bleed aura" power of the mind bleeder). Duration is 1 day per level, and can be extended to 1 week per level by expending 20 I.S.P. You can choose to perm-store that aura for later use by perm. expending 4 I.S.P. and then 10 to reactivate it (this does not distort the aura like the mind bleeder power because it is copied...not stolen).

For the second option...the duration mentioned above is added to the duration of alter aura (stacking the I.S.P. cost as well).

The above it two powers trying to be one.
There is the "barrow aura" power and a extend power mod.

The "Barrow Aura" in it itself is good enough to stand alone one it's own.

The problem with the power extender part is that the perm cost as written is paid each and every time. not a once upfront when gaining the power.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Syndicate wrote:I too think this is a great idea. There are a few canon references that speak of evil beings...being able to hide their auras for extended durations. This would explain how.

(Alteration 1)

*prerequisite: Alter Aura, See Aura

This power allows you to "borrow" the aura of another being (hence the saving throw) or extend the duration of your "created" aura.

The above it two powers trying to be one.
There is the "barrow aura" power and a extend power mod.

The "Barrow Aura" in it itself is good enough to stand alone one it's own.

The problem with the power extender part is that the perm cost as written is paid each and every time. not a once upfront when gaining the power.

I..uuuh...see...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Draken wrote:I wrote in a npc I called a psyblues, a psychic bard. They had a high base skill on all musical ablities. Plus bonded to one instrament. A cross between a mind melter and a psyslinger. Worked great for the bar sceen and able to stop the bar fights really well with empathic transmition over a group. My group liked the charater so much that she reappeared in nearly every campain.
Interesting, but outside the topic of this thread. This thread is intended for posting psionic abilities you have written for your game.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

taalismn wrote:*Inner Beast(Super)
This power unleashes the inner animal said to exist within all of us; the primordial killer that comes out when flight is impossible, and reason futile. The power projects an ectoplasmic construct that typically appears as a glowing, unearthly avatar of the person’s rage; typically a mythical animal, monster, berserker warrior, or sinister spector, that attacks anything(or perceived as) threatening the psychic, with psi-claws or psi-blades. While the Inner Beast runs rampant, the projecting psychic is reduced to passivity; unable to do much beyond cowering in a corner. Because of its primordial, instinctual, nature, the Inner Beast will attack ANYTHING that it/the psychic perceives as threatening to them, including friends or allies who are standing too close(it’s a wise ideas to get the heck AWAY from a psychic unleashing their Inner Beast, or at least out of sight).
Range: 100 ft +20 ft per level of experience
Effects:
The Inner Beast effectively has DOUBLE the number of attacks as the psychic, TRIPLE the psychic’s Speed, Horror Factor 10, +1 to initiative, and DOUBLE any bonuses to Strike(+1). It attacks with the equivalent of a Psi-Blade, doing 4d6+1d6 per level of experience, and CAN do damage to Astral beings. It possesses 3,000 SDC/30 MDC, and, being a psionic construct, the Inner Beast is effectively IMMUNE to physical attacks, including energy weapons, and takes HALF damage from magic, but is vulnerable to psionic attacks
While the Inner Beast is loose, the psychic is reduced to 1 APM, and CANNOT take offensive action; NO Initiative or Strike bonuses, and HALF any bonuses to Parry/Dodge. Essentially the aggressive part of their mind is running the psychic berserker.
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience
Saving Throw: None; run like hell.
ISP Cost: 45

I know I'm way late to the party but I LOVE THIS!!!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
This power unleashes the inner animal said to exist within all of us; the primordial killer that comes out when flight is impossible, and reason futile. The power projects an ectoplasmic construct that typically appears as a glowing, unearthly avatar of the person’s rage; typically a mythical animal, monster, berserker warrior, or sinister spector, that attacks anything(or perceived as) threatening the psychic, with psi-claws or psi-blades. While the Inner Beast runs rampant, the projecting psychic is reduced to passivity; unable to do much beyond cowering in a corner. Because of its primordial, instinctual, nature, the Inner Beast will attack ANYTHING that it/the psychic perceives as threatening to them, including friends or allies who are standing too close(it’s a wise ideas to get the heck AWAY from a psychic unleashing their Inner Beast, or at least out of sight).
Range: 100 ft +20 ft per level of experience
Effects:
The Inner Beast effectively has DOUBLE the number of attacks as the psychic, TRIPLE the psychic’s Speed, Horror Factor 10, +1 to initiative, and DOUBLE any bonuses to Strike(+1). It attacks with the equivalent of a Psi-Blade, doing 4d6+1d6 per level of experience, and CAN do damage to Astral beings. It possesses 3,000 SDC/30 MDC, and, being a psionic construct, the Inner Beast is effectively IMMUNE to physical attacks, including energy weapons, and takes HALF damage from magic, but is vulnerable to psionic attacks
While the Inner Beast is loose, the psychic is reduced to 1 APM, and CANNOT take offensive action; NO Initiative or Strike bonuses, and HALF any bonuses to Parry/Dodge. Essentially the aggressive part of their mind is running the psychic berserker.
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience
Saving Throw: None; run like hell.
ISP Cost: 45

Given the nature of this power,I'm surprised that it gets no bonuses to strength. By the way,shouldn't this thing have ability scores listed?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

(Physical)
Reinforced
range:touch
Cost:15 isp
duration:15 minutes
increased durability of any thing that is touching his hands,add 25% more damage.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Captain Shiva wrote:

Given the nature of this power,I'm surprised that it gets no bonuses to strength. By the way,shouldn't this thing have ability scores listed?

The thing is actually more akin to a 'psychic monster'(like Forbidden Planet's 'creatures of the id') that attacks with energy, rather than muscle, so strength and skill doesn't apply. It's pure instinctive primordial fury unleashed on an enemy.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:(Physical)
Reinforced
Cost:15 isp
increased durability of any thing that is touching his hands,add 25% more damage.

Way too vague. Does that mean that by touching a battleship, I can increase its armor by 25% for a mere 15 ISP?
I'd set a set value of SDC/MDC per amount of ISP spent, not an open-ended percentage.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

taalismn wrote:
gaby wrote:(Physical)
Reinforced
Cost:15 ISP

Way too vague. Does that mean that by touching a battleship, I can increase its armor by 25% for a mere 15 ISP?
I'd set a set value of SDC/MDC per amount of ISP spent, not an open-ended percentage.

I agree, the text is 'Incomplete' would be a kind way to say it.

Then there is the disjointed meaning between what is said in the 1st part of the text & the name, and the 2nd part of the text.

Then there is the little thing like assigning it to a psi type.: Super, Healing, Sensory, Physical.
But from the looks of it is would fall into the super psi type of powers.

However, i could see this better as a chi power like a quicky chi sword technique where it can be used on any non-living thing to use as a weapon. Where it give a relitivly fragile weapon more sdc while the tech is active. Used in conjunction with the 'Improvised weapon" WPs.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Ok 15 s.d.c are add to all hand held items,add 1d4 to the item,s normal damage.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

gaby wrote:Ok 15 s.d.c are add to all hand held items,add 1d4 to the item,s normal damage.

I'm still not sure I get it, does this mean an empty plastic bottle of pepsi does 1D4 damage? Pistols are hand held, so are rifles, so are 60mm mortars... so is a TP Air Cannon, or an issue of Maxim, a dumstick of deep-fried turkey...
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

13eowulf wrote:
gaby wrote:Ok 15 s.d.c are add to all hand held items,add 1d4 to the item,s normal damage.

I'm still not sure I get it, does this mean an empty plastic bottle of pepsi does 1D4 damage? Pistols are hand held, so are rifles, so are 60mm mortars... so is a TP Air Cannon, or an issue of Maxim, a dumstick of deep-fried turkey...

Wet noodles, toilet paper, unsharpened toolbrushes, CHEESE.... :|
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

my mind is boggled at this. I just.. I can't formulate a response to this. So boggled that I can't even come up with a smart-aleck thing to troll you with. Well done gaby! You've stymied my inner troll.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
13eowulf wrote:

Wet noodles, toilet paper, unsharpened toolbrushes, CHEESE.... :|

If you use this power once on the TP air cannon, and again on the roll of TP, does that roll of TP now do 2D4 damage when fired?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

13eowulf wrote:
If you use this power once on the TP air cannon, and again on the roll of TP, does that roll of TP now do 2D4 damage when fired?

Cast it several times on the big sixteen-pack packages from the supermarket and deploy as a cluster-munition. 'Cottonell' now becomes a weapon of mass-destruction.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
13eowulf wrote:

Cast it several times on the big sixteen-pack packages from the supermarket and deploy as a cluster-munition. 'Cottonell' now becomes a weapon of mass-destruction.

If you cast it on a roll of TP does it affect every single sheet separately?

That cluster weapons just wiped out a large chunk of city....
Oderint Dum Metuant.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The description says, "range: touch" and "anything that is touching his hands. Leading me to believe that once you turn loose of it, the psi effect is no longer active. Yes it does say "duration: 15 minutes" I believe that is how long it will last, contingent upon you keeping ahold of it.

Example:
I pick up a willow branch, do whatever gaby's thing was called. my branch now does 1d4 damage and has +15 sdc. (yes I think this is how it works)

I pick up a roll of Charmin extra soft and do whatever gaby's thing was called. If I bash you in the head while holding it, 1d4 dmg and plus 15sdc.

If I throw it at you, the effect is gone and i've wasted isp by turning it loose.

At least that's how i read the power.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:The description says, "range: touch" and "anything that is touching his hands. Leading me to believe that once you turn loose of it, the psi effect is no longer active. Yes it does say "duration: 15 minutes" I believe that is how long it will last, contingent upon you keeping ahold of it.

Example:
I pick up a willow branch, do whatever gaby's thing was called. my branch now does 1d4 damage and has +15 sdc. (yes I think this is how it works)

I pick up a roll of Charmin extra soft and do whatever gaby's thing was called. If I bash you in the head while holding it, 1d4 dmg and plus 15sdc.

If I throw it at you, the effect is gone and i've wasted isp by turning it loose.

Usually the touch is needed only to activate it. His power basically leads to Munchkin land.
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

.... 13oewulf, does this mean Ernie literally could have beaten things to death with his junk?

Also, in the style of a two-headed ball and chain, would each testicle do 1D4?
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

jreece06 wrote:.... 13oewulf, does this mean Ernie literally could have beaten things to death with his junk?

Also, in the style of a two-headed ball and chain, would each testicle do 1D4?

Think big. What if the dragon went all Centauri, then it is more like a flail....
Oderint Dum Metuant.
jreece06
Wanderer

Unread post by jreece06 »

A cat o'nine tails?
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

jreece06 wrote:A cat o'nine tails?

And piercings, what if you cast it on each piercing and have multiples....

Or if using regular 'normal whips if you bead the ends, is each bead separately enhanced?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:The description says, "range: touch" and "anything that is touching his hands. Leading me to believe that once you turn loose of it, the psi effect is no longer active. Yes it does say "duration: 15 minutes" I believe that is how long it will last, contingent upon you keeping ahold of it.

Example:

Usually the touch is needed only to activate it. His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

".....and so, we must conclude that Colonel Mustard was bludgeoned to death in the study with the inflated 'Garfield' balloon...."
"What was that thing inflated with, LEAD?!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

That's perfectly fine. As long as there are singing midgets to greet me and hand me a giant lollipop.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

That's perfectly fine. As long as there are singing midgets to greet me and hand me a giant lollipop.
With said lollipop doing 2d4 damage and having +15 SDC, of course.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:With said lollipop doing 2d4 damage and having +15 SDC, of course.

2x damage and automatic diabeetus on a Nat. 20.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

You know, I have a Shemarrian Fringe Tribe that uses giant molecular adhesion-head lollipops as blunt force weapons...and they're almost all midgets(or rather robots masquerading as children). Robot strength, molecular adhesion, and you take damage first from the hit, and subsequent whiplash as they wave that giant sucker back and forth REAL FAST. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:You know, I have a Shemarrian Fringe Tribe that uses giant molecular adhesion-head lollipops as blunt force weapons...and they're almost all midgets(or rather robots masquerading as children). Robot strength, molecular adhesion, and you take damage first from the hit, and subsequent whiplash as they wave that giant sucker back and forth REAL FAST. :P

I like you. You can stay. :lol:

Love it! Are they posted here, in another thread?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
taalismn
Priest

13eowulf wrote:
taalismn wrote:You know, I have a Shemarrian Fringe Tribe that uses giant molecular adhesion-head lollipops as blunt force weapons...and they're almost all midgets(or rather robots masquerading as children). Robot strength, molecular adhesion, and you take damage first from the hit, and subsequent whiplash as they wave that giant sucker back and forth REAL FAST. :P

I like you. You can stay. :lol:

Love it! Are they posted here, in another thread?

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103576&start=2050

about 3/4 of the way down the page.
It's a free-for-all-madness with Munchy overtones; psionic robots, Shemarrian Civil War, and Shemarrian Star Nation. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Ahem... Back to the Psionics shall we lads? Before the thread is moderated for being off topic.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

Very well, let's have a go with this, then...

Impart Knowledge
Type: Super
Range: Touch
Duration: Special(see below)
ISP Cost: 7
Effects:
Impart Knowledge can be considered a more selective version of Mind Bond, and allows the psychic to implant large blocks of information, including workable skills, into the mind of another person. The extent and duration of the information retention depends on the age of the person;
Adults(18+ years of age)----The imparter can implant information and skills they possess, equal to one level below their level of experience, into the adult brain. However, they will only be able to retain the skills/knowledge for 4d4 hours. Only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the person’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the impartee can more effectively resist(if they so choose) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Children/Teenagers(1-17 years of age)---Minds aren’t as developed yet, so they cannot make associations of the parts of a skill as readily, so imparted skills are at HALF the level of the implanter. However, they can retain the knowledge for TWICE as long. Attempting multiple skills in the same person incurs the same penalties as above.

Prenatal----The unborn can be permanently imprinted with information and skills during the third trimester. The imparter can implant a block of knowledge or a complete skill(at FIRST level of proficiency, plus any I.Q. bonuses the imparter possesses) that the infant will be effectively born with(during the implantation, the mother may attempt to resist the effort, but is -1 to do so, since she is not the focus of the implant). This Imparted skill/knowledge typically manifests itself as an aptitude for something, or may have an effect on their activities(knowing, for instance, a schematic, features of which may surface in the child’s art). Note that unless the child takes the skill again, the implanted skill remains at 1st level and does not increase with experience. If it IS taken again, the person gets a +15% bonus(in addition to any other bonuses). As with adults and children, only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the unborn’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the mother can more effectively resist(if she so chooses) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Limitations:
-Physical(including hand to hand combat styles) and W.P. Ancient skills can only be imparted at a FIRST level of experience, and any physical enhancement stat bonuses accompanying them CANNOT be imparted. This is because the skills involve a certain amount of muscle memory that a impartee doesn’t instantly acquire. They may get a general knowledge of gymnastics, for example, but not any P.S., P.P., or SDC bonuses that they would get by actually working out.
Piloting skills, W.P. Modern, and academic/knowledge skills are unaffected.

-General knowledge can include memorized books, schematics, maps, plans, code words, and the like, that the person can recall with perfect clarity for the duration of the implantation.

- After the duration of the implantation runs out, the person will only be able to recall parts of the imparted information, and perform the original imparted skills at a 15% proficiency, up to a month afterwards. If the impartee possesses Total Recall or a similar psychic ability, they can up this to 25%, up to TWO months.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Taal,
Is there any special effect for smacking the impartee upside the head, or performing any other type of "I'm tryin' to learn you boy!" gesture; such as one hand on the shoulder, leaning in with heads close and pointing off with the other hand or such?

OR
What if the knowledge I want to impart is in a book, and I hit them forcibly with the book? Is there a bonus applied for using blunt force osmosis?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Taal,
Is there any special effect for smacking the impartee upside the head, or performing any other type of "I'm tryin' to learn you boy!" gesture; such as one hand on the shoulder, leaning in with heads close and pointing off with the other hand or such?

OR
What if the knowledge I want to impart is in a book, and I hit them forcibly with the book? Is there a bonus applied for using blunt force osmosis?

The knowledge has to be something the imparter knows, has memorized(including what they've learned using Speed Reading and/or Total Recall). No smacking people with the rolled-up plans to a nuclear aircraft carrier unless you've carefully studied them yourself.
Smacking somebody upside the head doesn't help, but it might feel good(for the imparter, that is). :thwak:
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

taalismn wrote:Very well, let's have a go with this, then...

Impart Knowledge
Range: Touch
Duration: Special(see below)
ISP Cost: 7
Effects:
Impart Knowledge can be considered a more selective version of Mind Bond, and allows the psychic to implant large blocks of information, including workable skills, into the mind of another person. The extent and duration of the information retention depends on the age of the person;
Adults(18+ years of age)----The imparter can implant information and skills they possess, equal to one level below their level of experience, into the adult brain. However, they will only be able to retain the skills/knowledge for 4d4 hours. Only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the person’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the impartee can more effectively resist(if they so choose) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Children/Teenagers(1-17 years of age)---Minds aren’t as developed yet, so they cannot make associations of the parts of a skill as readily, so imparted skills are at HALF the level of the implanter. However, they can retain the knowledge for TWICE as long. Attempting multiple skills in the same person incurs the same penalties as above.

Prenatal----The unborn can be permanently imprinted with information and skills during the third trimester. The imparter can implant a block of knowledge or a complete skill(at FIRST level of proficiency, plus any I.Q. bonuses the imparter possesses) that the infant will be effectively born with(during the implantation, the mother may attempt to resist the effort, but is -1 to do so, since she is not the focus of the implant). This Imparted skill/knowledge typically manifests itself as an aptitude for something, or may have an effect on their activities(knowing, for instance, a schematic, features of which may surface in the child’s art). Note that unless the child takes the skill again, the implanted skill remains at 1st level and does not increase with experience. If it IS taken again, the person gets a +15% bonus(in addition to any other bonuses). As with adults and children, only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the unborn’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the mother can more effectively resist(if she so chooses) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Limitations:
-Physical(including hand to hand combat styles) and W.P. Ancient skills can only be imparted at a FIRST level of experience, and any physical enhancement stat bonuses accompanying them CANNOT be imparted. This is because the skills involve a certain amount of muscle memory that a impartee doesn’t instantly acquire. They may get a general knowledge of gymnastics, for example, but not any P.S., P.P., or SDC bonuses that they would get by actually working out.
Piloting skills, W.P. Modern, and academic/knowledge skills are unaffected.

-General knowledge can include memorized books, schematics, maps, plans, code words, and the like, that the person can recall with perfect clarity for the duration of the implantation.

- After the duration of the implantation runs out, the person will only be able to recall parts of the imparted information, and perform the original imparted skills at a 15% proficiency, up to a month afterwards. If the impartee possesses Total Recall or a similar psychic ability, they can up this to 25%, up to TWO months.

what are the effects if its just a specific block of time?
IE: "Here is what I have been up to for the last few hours/days/weeks/months/years etc..."
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
taalismn
Priest

Damian Magecraft wrote:

IE: "Here is what I have been up to for the last few hours/days/weeks/months/years etc..."

I guess you COULD impart memories of a certain period of time, but the longer the span of time, the vaguer would be the overall impressions...for instance, if I impart the act of punching in '7031' on my office phone, that's a clear and distinct memory, and I've focused on the task of memorizing and punching in that number...If, say, I impart what I did for the fourteen hours I was awake, the '7031' may well be glossed over by what I did driving to and from work, the near-accident I had, what I had to eat and drink, and the insufferable twit I had to deal with at work, and the impartee might well remember only what stuck out in MY memory of the day, rather than the important part...i.e., the phone number..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

taalismn wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

I guess you COULD impart memories of a certain period of time, but the longer the span of time, the vaguer would be the overall impressions...for instance, if I impart the act of punching in '7031' on my office phone, that's a clear and distinct memory, and I've focused on the task of memorizing and punching in that number...If, say, I impart what I did for the fourteen hours I was awake, the '7031' may well be glossed over by what I did driving to and from work, the near-accident I had, what I had to eat and drink, and the insufferable twit I had to deal with at work, and the impartee might well remember only what stuck out in MY memory of the day, rather than the important part...i.e., the phone number..

Well I was looking at it as a method one Psi might impart information to catch a comrade up on events they missed due to being separated.
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
taalismn
Priest

Damian Magecraft wrote:[q
Well I was looking at it as a method one Psi might impart information to catch a comrade up on events they missed due to being separated.

It's a novel way of applying it....I hadn't considered such an application...On that case I imagine it would be most effective if the person giving the update had created and memorized a sort of point-specific 'rundown' of important facts(imagine, for instance, what you might rehearse, if you were asked to give a summary of a week's events, to yourself if you were driving someplace to give a presentation. You would be mentally editing or skipping parts that you felt were unimportant(though others might disagree) and it might be considered biased(it's your POV), but it's what sticks out in your mind about your past activities.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

taalismn wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:[q

It's a novel way of applying it....I hadn't considered such an application...On that case I imagine it would be most effective if the person giving the update had created and memorized a sort of point-specific 'rundown' of important facts(imagine, for instance, what you might rehearse, if you were asked to give a summary of a week's events, to yourself if you were driving someplace to give a presentation. You would be mentally editing or skipping parts that you felt were unimportant(though others might disagree) and it might be considered biased(it's your POV), but it's what sticks out in your mind about your past activities.

not that novel...
I recall some movie, anime, or comic(s) where that method of info sharing was used to catch up an injured main character without exposing the viewer/reader to yet another recap exposition episode...
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Saw a few along this line. So thought I'd toss mine in.

Psionic Network (Special)
ISP cost: 5 to engage (+5/member of link, 5+1 can be linked. +1 at levels 2, 4, 8 and 10.)
Maintance Cost: once every ten minutes it cost an additional 5 ISP (the linking process to link others does not apply)
Duration: 10 minutes

Effects:
-adds +2 to init and perc rolls to members of the link when its active
-adds +3 to resist telepathy/empathy and other types of mental assault to the others when the link is active

Side effects

-Should the link be abruptly broken, all will receive -10% to skills and -2 to attacks and combat rolls Also if the link is severed abruptly, the others are temporarily stunned.

-(User only) -10% to skills and -2 to attacks and combat rolls

-(User only) Death/sever injury of team members:
Some permanent memory or personality of a strong will individual will leave some mark. whether it be a traumatic memory or side effect of the memory of an individual severely injured or killed. Her filter prevents the link members from feeling or suffering ill effects of the loss of an individual in the link. if a teammate dies in the link she must roll a save or be stunned/rendered unconscious. she will feel the pain of severe injury and trauma from burns. (as in get the sensation of the most severe traumas)

- (User only)Personality clash and Strong emotions:
This may require her to work through Phobias, learning to deal with people differently. For instance she unknowingly links with a rabid anti-Mutant (say a mutant who hates his own) After that she would likely not want to be around mutants or take a strong dislike to the one with the secret anti-mutant with out knowing why precisely. In any case it never overrides her own personality or beliefs. just makes her 'difficult' in some situations. This could open doors to ideas she would not normally consider on rare occasion.

- (User only) Permanent side effects to User:
A few lingering memories or traits temporarily stay with her after the link for 1d4 hours. this include possibly inheriting certain mental conditions, Personality traits or strong behaviors/effects of members linked. Only she would be affected by the 'After link' effect not the team. Nothing that disables or makes her permanently injured in most cases. If trauma is encountered during a link she may get some phobias for a few days. in rare cases a permanent effect or trait may be taken on. (with proper treatment the trait will become manageable.
Last edited by Rimmerdal on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Posted this elsewhere. but it should fit better here.
Tele-mechanic Body Armor:
Requires: Electrokinesis, Tele-mechanic Possession, OCC Psi-Operator or PCC Psi-tech
Range: 10ft to get items otherwise, personal
ISP: 30 for body armor or 100 Power armor
Duration: 5 minutes/level

This power takes loose mechanical parts in Psychics vicinity and creates a Power armor around him or her. The armor has basic properties of minimal Body armor in terms of life support, 100MDC+20/level and a robotic strength of 30, other than that it uses what was grabbed. It simply uses a non controlled version of Telekinesis and does not require Psychic to know telekinesis to pick up surrounding items. Those that do possess Telekinesis can select items.

At the cost of 30 it creates a suit MDC Body Armor 30+10/level with minimal standards of modern body armor.

Movement rate and armament varies on what was grabbed. It does not need a power source. This power is popular with Psi-techs and operators. Psi-tech's and Psi-Operators get it as a non-Super Psionic, based on the massive required powers and the fact the power is tailored to them. All other OCC's treat it as a Super Psionic Power.
taalismn wrote:

taalismn
Priest

Ectoplasmic Decoy
Range: Self or other by touch
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until dispelled by the creator
Saving Throw: None
ISP Cost: 13
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real physical strength, and no combat abilities.
The decoy is little more than an animated shell of ectoplasm. It cannot speak or socially interact beyond nodding or smiling/grimacing when spoken to. Close inspection will show how clothing and flesh seem to merge, and the decoy is cold and clammy to the touch(it will also appear as cold to thermal imaging devices). It has an effective P.S. of one, allowing it to pick up pens and pencils, move papers, and raise a coffee cup, furthering the illusion of it being a real person, but it cannot do anything meaningful(don’t expect it to shovel your driveway for you). It can walk or run at a maximum Speed of 6, and can avoid running into objects and other people, but isn’t bright enough to stop for crosswalk signs or avoid running out into traffic.
The decoy has only 10 SDC, and destroying it will result in the decoy spattering into a shower of rapidly-evaporating ectoplasmic goo.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rimmerdal
Knight

taalismn wrote:Ectoplasmic Decoy
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real phsyical strength, and no combat abilities.
The decoy is little more than an animated shell of ectoplasm. It cannot speak or socially interact beyond nodding or smiling/grimacing when spoken to. Close inspection will show how clothing and flesh seem to merge, and the decoy is cold and clammy to the touch(it will also appear as cold to thermal imaging devices). It has an effective P.S. of one, allowing it to pick up pens and pencils, move papers, and raise a coffee cup, furthering the illusion of it being a real person, but it cannot do anything meaningful(don’t expect it to shovel your driveway for you). It can walk or run at a maximum Speed of 6, and can avoid running into objects and other people, but isn’t bright enough to stop for crosswalk signs or avoid running out into traffic.
The decoy has only 10 SDC, and destroying it will result in the decoy spattering into a shower of rapidly-evaporating ectoplasmic goo.

Any ,married man or man with long winded girl friend would like this.. ;)
taalismn wrote:

taalismn
Priest

Rimmerdal wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ectoplasmic Decoy
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real phsyical strength, and no combat abilities.

Any ,married man or man with long winded girl friend would like this.. ;)

Just make sure you time your return right, because after she gets over the shock of seeing 'you' dissolve, she will KILL you.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
IrncladZmbie113
D-Bee

Unread post by IrncladZmbie113 »

Freaking phenomenal ideas in here... Putting a lot of them in a word document for consideration for powers when I level up my Mind Mage
"To the BatMobile!"

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”