If u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: If u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Dagon wrote:i was just wondering if u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage? think about its water.

Probably not pure enough.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

That is like asking if a vampire is in a pool of stagnant water (not taking damage) and something falls into the pool suddenly moving all of it... I don't know like a robot or a large bolder, would it then take damage from the stagnant water that is now moving? Or if a Vampire is in a container that is filled with water but because the water isn't moving, it isn't receiving damage, does it then receive damage if that container is placed on the back of a truck and driven around :D. OK well less like the second and more like the first. :P
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

I searched keywords and couldn't find it. But I could have sworn someone posted this before. That being said, I believe that the key responses were:

1. Since it's not pure water, in the elemental sense, it wouldn't hurt them
2. It would hurt them but at half damage because it's not pure (disregarding the elemental aspect)
3. It may or may not hurt him, but before you could even pinch it off and grab you're stake, you'd probably have a massive bite wound on your...privates.
4. SAID IN JEST Why would you ask a question like that!? World Book X on Page Y on Paragraph Z in Sentence Q says "Bull crap, bla bla, vampires, yadda yadda." If you know every sentence in every book that I own you would know the answer to that question. flame flame flame (remember friends, this last one was a joke, not making fun of anyone or trying to start a flame war...just a bunch of funniness)
5. I've never tried that...you've inspired me to try that in my next vamp campaign
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

lol given the literalism of "running water" and "my supersoaker kills vamps good", yes, if you pee on a vampire it will hurt :D
Exiled_one
Wanderer

Unread post by Exiled_one »

It came up in the 'Siege of Tolkeen' story that ran in the first six rifters or so (although I'm fully aware that probably wouldn't count as a canon reference).

CS sympathetic Juicer is running a message through the sewers of Tolkeen to a CS contact, happens to be running into an area inhabited by a vampire who leaps out to grab her. Juicer reflexes kick in and she flips him into the stream of running water and other human waste. Vampire hits the surface and sinks, then mists out to coaless in front of her.

"Sorry hun" he says (or words to that effect) "Water might hurt us, but **** just makes us REALLY mad."

Although the story itself isn't canon, it may be a safe enough reference for gaming purposes.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

That was actually answered in the Rifter #9 1/2.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Lord_Coake wrote:I love Palladium vampires. They're probably the only monster where a pack of ten year olds with waterguns poses a significant threat.

Not that significant of a threat.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aaryq wrote:I searched keywords and couldn't find it. But I could have sworn someone posted this before. That being said, I believe that the key responses were:

1. Since it's not pure water, in the elemental sense, it wouldn't hurt them
2. It would hurt them but at half damage because it's not pure (disregarding the elemental aspect)
3. It may or may not hurt him, but before you could even pinch it off and grab you're stake, you'd probably have a massive bite wound on your...privates.
4. SAID IN JEST Why would you ask a question like that!? World Book X on Page Y on Paragraph Z in Sentence Q says "Bull crap, bla bla, vampires, yadda yadda." If you know every sentence in every book that I own you would know the answer to that question. flame flame flame (remember friends, this last one was a joke, not making fun of anyone or trying to start a flame war...just a bunch of funniness)
5. I've never tried that...you've inspired me to try that in my next vamp campaign
OH MY GOD could you imagine if the urine was considered "good" enough for elemental purposes? Just think of all the water warlock possibilities and barring them the water elementals. Maybe a new mini-water elemental the urine elemental. Worse what happens when someone decides to use some elemental spell to boil water... in your bladder :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alejandro wrote:If you are properly hydrated to the point where your urine is clear when you're letting loose, then YES...you have both the pressure and purity needed to hurt a vampire. If a child's squirtgun with tapwater poses a lethal threat to a vampire, then you're purple-headed yogurt slinger with a full tank poses an equal threat.
Dude if when you drain your lizard it fires as far as a super soaker... well you may want to find out if your eroding your urethra
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

<crickets>

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The Q&A in Rifter 9.5 says no.

IIRC, that particular Q&A dealt with weird and whacky questions, and thus I that it is considered to be as official as the other Q&As.

Of course, I may be mistaken. I haven't read Rifter 9.5 in a long time.

~ Josh
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Dagon wrote:i was just wondering if u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage? think about its water.

No and you deserve to have your (self edit for content). Thats like squirting orange juice on a vampire its not water its orange juice just as urine is not water.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Zer0 Kay wrote:That is like asking if a vampire is in a pool of stagnant water (not taking damage) and something falls into the pool suddenly moving all of it... I don't know like a robot or a large bolder, would it then take damage from the stagnant water that is now moving? Or if a Vampire is in a container that is filled with water but because the water isn't moving, it isn't receiving damage, does it then receive damage if that container is placed on the back of a truck and driven around :D. OK well less like the second and more like the first. :P

I actually asked something close to that a while back. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:That is like asking if a vampire is in a pool of stagnant water (not taking damage) and something falls into the pool suddenly moving all of it... I don't know like a robot or a large bolder, would it then take damage from the stagnant water that is now moving? Or if a Vampire is in a container that is filled with water but because the water isn't moving, it isn't receiving damage, does it then receive damage if that container is placed on the back of a truck and driven around :D. OK well less like the second and more like the first. :P

I actually asked something close to that a while back. :p

Daniel Stoker

Yeah but in Vampire Kingdoms they do say that a vampire is hurt by water, just that moving does more damage. You can try to hold a vampire in say a pool, and it will hurt the vampire but will not do enough damage to kill the vampire, soo little damage that it's would be a wait of time. Well that and after the vampire gets lose it will be seriously angry, likely in the mood they are when you remove the stake from their chest and they come out of suspended animation.

Taking a leak on the vampire, like everyone has said is not only stupid, but if any of your character think it's a good idea, your GM as a means of example should have the vampire roll to either remove the fools tool or just bite them down there. Really how can you think it's a good idea in the first place?
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

well this is a GM call. I would say no because of the purity question.
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

double damage if you're a priest! LOL!

seriously! I've run into this situation before!
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Topics like this are why I come to the forums. Thank you for giving me some quality entertainment.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:Purity of water has never really been discussed: how many ppm can you have in a volume of water before it decreases its lethality?

I would say to the original question: yes.

In this case, I'd say it's more of a metaphysical impurity that would be the probem than just a chemical one.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

IF you Bless it maybe ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

TechnoGothic wrote:

IF you Bless it maybe ;)

This begs the question, when are priests going to be so desperate for water they start blessing urine?

Also following the logic some of you are applying, it would be possible to hurt a vampire with a beer. They say water for a damn reason. If you want to go by purity, then apply the same rules for silver, that it has to be at minimum of 80%. However I'm not going with that, if characters in my campaign are going to hurt a vampire with water his has to be from a lake/river/well/TW SuperSoaker. Even if two of the character are godlings I wouldn't let any urine form them cause damage to a vampire.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

TechnoGothic wrote:

IF you Bless it maybe ;)

What about angel urine?
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Spark wrote:This begs the question, when are priests going to be so desperate for water they start blessing urine?

Urine has been considered to be mystical or sacred in some cultures, and under certain circumstances I could see it being used as holy water, with the same effect.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Tamaranis wrote:If urine can't hurt a vampire because it can't be pure enough then water weapons will be useless against them in a thick dustcloud.

It's a mystic thing, not a chemistry thing.

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

In one of the Chapters of the Hammer and the Forge in the rifter one of characters tried that. It did nothing at all short of making the vampire angry. So I would say no.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Koz wrote:The whole "squirt guns hurt vampires" thing is something I hated way back in the day when I first played this game. It's just so... stupid. I will not allow this in my new game (didn't allow it back in the day either). Squirt guns filled with holy water though? Rock on.

Koz

A vampire could probably dodge a squirt gun without trying, possibly without even thinking about it.

A high pressure sprayer at very close range, however, is a different story altogether.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Koz wrote:The whole "squirt guns hurt vampires" thing is something I hated way back in the day when I first played this game. It's just so... stupid. I will not allow this in my new game (didn't allow it back in the day either). Squirt guns filled with holy water though? Rock on.

Koz

I've never understood why one would be considered to be any more or less silly than the other.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Koz wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Koz

I've never understood why one would be considered to be any more or less silly than the other.

Well, because holy water actually makes sense based on vampire myth. Vampires of myth could not cross running water without help, the myths don't say anything about vampires not being able to touch running water. There is nothing in vampire myth that would indicate that throwing a glass of water at a vampire, or shooting one with a squirt gun filled with tap water, would have any effect on them whatsoever. However, holy water is a common weakness of vampires in pretty much all vampire lore, hence why I don't have a problem with it.

Saying that since vampires can't cross running water, then squirt guns hurt them, is just stretching the myths beyond the breaking point IMO and seems very silly on its face.

Koz

Actually, the myths also said that a vampire submerged in running water would dissolve.
(not just myths, but D&D ;))
The notion that lesser amounts of running water would cause lesser amounts of damage doesn't seem like a big leap to me.

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Water destroys ethereal structures, which vampires originally were, and why they couldn't come into contact with water. It would simply wash them into nonexistance.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Natasha wrote:Water destroys ethereal structures, which vampires originally were, and why they couldn't come into contact with water. It would simply wash them into nonexistance.

Can you elaborate on that or provide sources?
I'm doing research.

DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I'm still waiting for the day a Priest in game runs out of water, does a number two, blesses it, and assaults a vampire with Holy Sh....you know. :lol:
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

In the Bible, it talks of Jesus spitting on dirt and rubbing it into someone's eyes to cure them of blindness. Blessed urine isn't all that big a step past that.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I still like my idea. Holy Poo-Poo! Holy Poo-Poo! C'mon, I at least see one inebriated Preacher on Rifts Earth trying it in desperation...
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Not anymore than pouring a can of coke on one.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

As is written in the books .. the water does not have to be pure .. as no purity has been given as a detail for us to know.

So as is written .. Yes .. Vampires getting "leaked" on would in fact take damage.

How much damage would be determined by how much "Leaked" upon the Vampire is taken ..
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Darkorinth wrote:I know what my answer would be if one of my player's asked.

"Try it and find out?"

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

(Thread Necromancy: 2013 Halloween Edition)

If it's a god taking the leak, will it do damage as holy water?
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Hotrod wrote:(Thread Necromancy: 2013 Halloween Edition)

If it's a god taking the leak, will it do damage as holy water?

Double damage.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
popscythe
Adventurer
Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:

Unread post by popscythe »

Any player character who gets themselves close enough to a vampire to test this deserves the pocket change of damage that the "attack" will do. They also deserve the vampire's reaction.
Zarathustra was extremely accurate. He was talking about you, man.
Whoops! Looks like I was wrong about where Mos Eisley's located.
Victorious on Final Jeopardy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilrszSXGiI
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

You'd need to be drinking a LOT of water for it to be diluted enough to harm a vampire. Normally I think the uric acid and other stuff would interfere.

Obviously water doesn't need to be perfectly pure (kind of impossible) otherwise river and tap water wouldn't harm them, but that (well, tap, at least) tends to be purer than urine.

It would not be that game shattering if urine did harm vampires. It's not as if it's exactly that great a weapon.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

DtMK wrote:I still like my idea. Holy Poo-Poo! Holy Poo-Poo! C'mon, I at least see one inebriated Preacher on Rifts Earth trying it in desperation...

This reminds me of a novel I read not that long ago, where gods' um... excretions (of whatever type) had various divine properties. Their solid waste apparently acted as anti-magic when... well... coating something. :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We know some vampires are not harmed by urine, and trying to combat them with pee would not be good.

Something normally impossible may become possible in Rifts Earth with all its supernatural properties. New possibilities come to mind for creative uses of water elementals.

Is this true in Palladium?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Ok Why the would you want to expose that part of your body to something that can do lots of damage. Heaven help you if you are in EBA. I can see some one getting pants because he undid his belt to wiz on a vampire. Not to mention you just uncovered a major artery for the vampire to bite to suck you blood.

How P. Off (well on really) will a vampire be with you after your golden shower of fail.

Acording to the official FAQ in 9 1/2 it the only thing spiting on or taking a leak on does to a vampire is get it really upset at you.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Yes, it will hurt.. The vampire's feelings.

Then the vampire will hurt you... to death.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Blue_Lion wrote:Ok Why the would you want to expose that part of your body to something that can do lots of damage.
Perhaps I'm a vagabond with the APS power of Stretching which makes me MDC so I won't get 1-shotted by a vampire.

Perhaps my power allows me an extreme amount of versatility from where I can project myself and aim my attack, such as extending it up and over the vampires, perhaps even curving behind them?

Perhaps I also have a super power which provides me and all my respective parts an auto-dodge?

Perhaps I have that Anatomical Independence minor power from PU1 which allows me to separate parts of myself and send them hundreds of feet away, able to operate independently, and which allows me to regrow them within days if they are destroyed?

Blue_Lion wrote:Not to mention you just uncovered a major artery for the vampire to bite to suck you blood.

Solution: have a priest bless your beverages prior to drinking them for weeks prior to the encounter so that all the liquid you would be expelling would be holy.

There might be some other alternative priestly approaches to effect this solution post-drinking but it may not be popular to go into those means here.

Blue_Lion wrote:Acording to the official FAQ in 9 1/2 it the only thing spiting on or taking a leak on does to a vampire is get it really upset at you.

According to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77496 nothing in Rifter 9.5 was official.

Regarding the first question in the PF+Misc secton on page 19, answers by J.P. Ferkelberger are not canon. He is simply a character portrayed by Julius Rosenstein.

If we treat this answer as canon then we must be extension also treat Giga-Damage as canon since Percy Ferkelberger (portrayed by Bill Coffin) mentions being able to use it on page 20 in the same FAQ.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Tor wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Ok Why the would you want to expose that part of your body to something that can do lots of damage.
Perhaps I'm a vagabond with the APS power of Stretching which makes me MDC so I won't get 1-shotted by a vampire.

Perhaps my power allows me an extreme amount of versatility from where I can project myself and aim my attack, such as extending it up and over the vampires, perhaps even curving behind them?

Perhaps I also have a super power which provides me and all my respective parts an auto-dodge?

Perhaps I have that Anatomical Independence minor power from PU1 which allows me to separate parts of myself and send them hundreds of feet away, able to operate independently, and which allows me to regrow them within days if they are destroyed?

Blue_Lion wrote:Not to mention you just uncovered a major artery for the vampire to bite to suck you blood.

Solution: have a priest bless your beverages prior to drinking them for weeks prior to the encounter so that all the liquid you would be expelling would be holy.

There might be some other alternative priestly approaches to effect this solution post-drinking but it may not be popular to go into those means here.

Blue_Lion wrote:Acording to the official FAQ in 9 1/2 it the only thing spiting on or taking a leak on does to a vampire is get it really upset at you.

According to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77496 nothing in Rifter 9.5 was official.

Regarding the first question in the PF+Misc secton on page 19, answers by J.P. Ferkelberger are not canon. He is simply a character portrayed by Julius Rosenstein.

If we treat this answer as canon then we must be extension also treat Giga-Damage as canon since Percy Ferkelberger (portrayed by Bill Coffin) mentions being able to use it on page 20 in the same FAQ.

Sorry I see nothing in the thread you posted a link to that says it is not official FAQ in is even listed in the with the other FAQ. (Maybe if you where more specific in what part of the massive post thread you linked to it could be found.)

Now then if you bless water and consume it the it is no longer blessed as it has been processed after the blessing. Water damages vampires because in the culture that vampires come from it is seen as a some that cleanses while bodily waste such as your leak is seen as unclean.

You seam to go out of your way to come up with reason to expose part of your body to vampires. Even if you are MDC Getting bit in the twigs and berries is going to hurt ( not that they are likely to have much MDC.)

Your logic that to use FAQ allows giga-damage as canon seam to be a stretch and not Shure how you logically connect the two. Heck I could even say Percy Ferkeiberger is not JP Ferkeiberger (as Percy would logically be P Ferkeiberger not JP Ferkeiberger.)

91/2 may be a joke issue but the questions it addressed where real questions in themselves so Ludicrous that normally they would not see. print.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I'm referring to the first post in that thread, by NMI. Things in the Rifters which are considered official have a big <OFFICIAL> next to them. Rifter 9.5 lacks this for all its entries.

Other FAQs and errata published in the Rifter which are canon (and are duplicated in the Rifts or HU GMGs in many cases) have this tag next to them.

Where does it say that blessing ends when water is drunk? :) A bit unclear on expiration policies on holy water, not a very fleshed out area. Like for example, if I make tea out of boiled holy water, is it now unholy? Some see teas as very cleansing.

While it's true that most modern cultures see urine as unclean, some cultures also see it as a tonic. I mean, just think of friends, when Chandler pees on Monica's foot to cure a jellyfish sting. Scientifically this is counterindicated, but this isn't about science, it's about BELIEF :)

To be fair here, a vampire would probably need to make a called shot to hit a small target like that. Also someone need not expose themselves at all to a vampire.

This concept can expand outside-the-box, this isn't about warm from-the-source evacuated liquidity, but also more controlled situations. Like say, for example, if one opted to pee in a bottle (as one does in road trips if one doesn't want to stop, probably common if you're being chased by vampires) one might instead opt to whiz in a squirtgun ammo tank. Then one could use the gun as normal without having to expose oneself to one's enemies at all.

I connect your 'pee-doesn't-hurt-vampires' FAQ to Giga-Damage because they are from the same book, and Giga-Damage is mentioned in the FAQ, in the same section (Misc Topics), merely a page apart.

We have two Ferkelbergers to consider. J.P. wrote the vampire part (he wrote the section overall so anything not otherwise attributed is from him) and Peter wrote the Gigadamage part. In the back, JP = Julius Rosenstein and Peter = Bill Coffin. The identities are pretty clear, not sure what you're talking about here. I never said Percy was JP, Percy (Kevin) is immaterial to our discussion since he did not write this FAQ.

The end is very clear "everything in this issue" .. "None of it is true". So if we're to say pee doesn't hurt vamps, we need some other source for canon. Perhaps it's in the online errata?
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I'm referring to the first post in that thread, by NMI. Things in the Rifters which are considered official have a big <OFFICIAL> next to them. Rifter 9.5 lacks this for all its entries.

Other FAQs and errata published in the Rifter which are canon (and are duplicated in the Rifts or HU GMGs in many cases) have this tag next to them.

Where does it say that blessing ends when water is drunk? :) A bit unclear on expiration policies on holy water, not a very fleshed out area. Like for example, if I make tea out of boiled holy water, is it now unholy? Some see teas as very cleansing.

While it's true that most modern cultures see urine as unclean, some cultures also see it as a tonic. I mean, just think of friends, when Chandler pees on Monica's foot to cure a jellyfish sting. Scientifically this is counterindicated, but this isn't about science, it's about BELIEF :)

To be fair here, a vampire would probably need to make a called shot to hit a small target like that. Also someone need not expose themselves at all to a vampire.

This concept can expand outside-the-box, this isn't about warm from-the-source evacuated liquidity, but also more controlled situations. Like say, for example, if one opted to pee in a bottle (as one does in road trips if one doesn't want to stop, probably common if you're being chased by vampires) one might instead opt to whiz in a squirtgun ammo tank. Then one could use the gun as normal without having to expose oneself to one's enemies at all.

I connect your 'pee-doesn't-hurt-vampires' FAQ to Giga-Damage because they are from the same book, and Giga-Damage is mentioned in the FAQ, in the same section (Misc Topics), merely a page apart.

We have two Ferkelbergers to consider. J.P. wrote the vampire part (he wrote the section overall so anything not otherwise attributed is from him) and Peter wrote the Gigadamage part. In the back, JP = Julius Rosenstein and Peter = Bill Coffin. The identities are pretty clear, not sure what you're talking about here. I never said Percy was JP, Percy (Kevin) is immaterial to our discussion since he did not write this FAQ.

The end is very clear "everything in this issue" .. "None of it is true". So if we're to say pee doesn't hurt vamps, we need some other source for canon. Perhaps it's in the online errata?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Tor wrote:I'm referring to the first post in that thread, by NMI. Things in the Rifters which are considered official have a big <OFFICIAL> next to them. Rifter 9.5 lacks this for all its entries.

There may be cultures that see it as tonic, but vampires where not developed in such a environment. In fact sea vampires do not have that weakness, probably because they were originally based on a culture lore that lacked that, or the intelligence awakened on a plain that lacked that.

Simple holy water is water when it stops being water it stops being holy water. If you boil it into tea it is no longer water, holy water is suppose to represent a blessed substance that is connected by its culture with clean, so a blessed clean substance tea on the other hand seams to me would not be such. (Not to mention the act of consuming holy water is and turning it into pee seams like desecration removing holy power.) No granted my take on holy water is based on spiritual views, and as I understand it most faiths that make it have similar views. Now if you charter culture treated bodily waste fluids as tonic then you might have a basis for trying it but as a general rule such things are not the norm in rifts. So then it would be no.

To me this is like saying well the human body is mostly water if I punch a vampire does it take damage.
It is a metaphysical based weakness based on the culture that they are connected to.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

vampire weaknesses are more alchemical than chemical..based more on magical/supernatural/spiritual traits, not atoms and such. otherwise it would not have to be moving water, or you could use reflected/artificial sunlight, etc. Urine is not the same as water in alchemy (Alchemists used it to extract Alkahest, a white powder also known as volatile alkali, a potent material with many alchemical uses, and one of the ingredients to a philosopher's stone according to some Alchemists.) Water was a totally different fluid by the quasi-magical standards of that discipline.

and frankly, by any rational standards you can't equate the two.

so no, taking a leak on a vamp is not going to hurt it.. it'll just be really mad, and way too close to a particularly fragile region of the body.

and IMO, being a Deity wouldn't change that.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Blue_Lion wrote:There may be cultures that see it as tonic, but vampires where not developed in such a environment.
We don't know what environment vampires originated in or its practices. In terms of Palladium, that is.

Blue_Lion wrote:In fact sea vampires do not have that weakness, probably because they were originally based on a culture lore that lacked that, or the intelligence awakened on a plain that lacked that.
Where can I read more about these sea vampires?

Blue_Lion wrote:Simple holy water is water when it stops being water it stops being holy water. If you boil it into tea it is no longer water
I dunno, still seems like water to me, just with some stuff dissolved in it. Is a cup of seawater not water because there's salt dissolved in it? Is mineral water no longer water due to minerals? I think we need some kind of concentration % to judge when water lacks the required purity, otherwise no water could ever be perfectly pure.

Blue_Lion wrote:holy water is suppose to represent a blessed substance that is connected by its culture with clean, so a blessed clean substance tea on the other hand seams to me would not be such.
What if I am a priest for a god who likes tea? What if, much like catholics drink wine for communion, my god demands I must drink tea?

Blue_Lion wrote:the act of consuming holy water is and turning it into pee seams like desecration removing holy power.
Whether or not it would be viewed as descration I think depends on the religion and the deity in question. Based on some of the habits of Tolmet and other sadistic darkness gods, I doubt they'd have much of a problem with it.

Heck, doing a random search, http://www.theoi.com/Gigante/GiganteOrion.html says that Orion means "Urine of the Mountain" and that he was born as a result of Zeus/Poseidon/Hermes urinating on the hide of a dead bull. This is the demigod mention on page 79 of Pantheons of the Megaverse as being Artemis' lost lover.

No granted my take on holy water is based on spiritual views, and as I understand it most faiths that make it have similar views. Now if you charter culture treated bodily waste fluids as tonic then you might have a basis for trying it but as a general rule such things are not the norm in rifts. So then it would be no.

Blue_Lion wrote:To me this is like saying well the human body is mostly water if I punch a vampire does it take damage.
That's different, because it's not the overall composition of an object that counts, but whether or not the surface that makes contact is. Vampires aren't hurt by water balloons unless they break, and humans are basically water balloons.

Probably a good guideline here, looking it up I'm reading "Plasma, which constitutes 55% of blood fluid, is mostly water (92% by volume)", so clearly the water content must be higher than that to harm a vampire, otherwise blood would harm them. Looking up urine though, I'm reading "Urine is an aqueous solution of greater than 95% water". So it does have a higher water content than plasma and is worth considering.

glitterboy2098 wrote:vampire weaknesses are more alchemical than chemical..based more on magical/supernatural/spiritual traits, not atoms and such. otherwise it would not have to be moving water, or you could use reflected/artificial sunlight, etc.
You CAN use artificial sunlight, it's just not as effective. Not UV, but stuff like Globe of Daylight or Guardians' light powers.

glitterboy2098 wrote:Urine is not the same as water in alchemy (Alchemists used it to extract Alkahest, a white powder also known as volatile alkali, a potent material with many alchemical uses, and one of the ingredients to a philosopher's stone according to some Alchemists.) Water was a totally different fluid by the quasi-magical standards of that discipline.
That's good to consider for mystic china, but alchemy hasn't been mentioned in association with vampires as far as I know.

glitterboy2098 wrote:and frankly, by any rational standards you can't equate the two.
I'm not equating them, what I'm saying is that no water is purely H20. They all have dissolved contaminants along for the ride, and urea and the like are just one of many possibilities here. Mineral water and sea water aren't water either, since minerals and salt are not H20.

glitterboy2098 wrote:so no, taking a leak on a vamp is not going to hurt it.. it'll just be really mad, and way too close to a particularly fragile region of the body.
We already established that you could just use it to refill your water guns (good way to recycle) which would be more effective than direct urination anyway.

Return to “Rifts®”