What Pcc do you think can wokr in HU?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What Pcc do you think can wokr in HU?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell Me What Pcc from Rifts,BtS,NB and Rifter do you think can wokr in HU?

I like Psi-tech.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: What Pcc do you think can wokr in HU?

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

All of them, you just need to rework MDC to SDC with some of them.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Daniel Stoker wrote:All of them, you just need to rework MDC to SDC with some of them.

Daniel Stoker

Don't need to. The Psi-Tech PCC is already SDC in BTS1&2 and in the NB:BTS book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

gaby wrote:Tell Me What Pcc from Rifts,BtS,NB and Rifter do you think can wokr in HU?

I like Psi-tech.

All of them.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Bear in mind that mages and psychics tend to have less PPE and ISP than their Rifts counterparts. It is stated to have to do with the increased magic levels in Rifts.
For example, the Natural Psychic gets 2d4x10 +ME ISP, whereas the Mind Melter gets 3d6x10 +ME ISP. It is a significant difference.
Brayon
Explorer

Unread post by Brayon »

Psi-Slinger would be one I allow, along with some from The Psyscape book.
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
Daniel Stoker
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Don't need to. The Psi-Tech PCC is already SDC in BTS1&2 and in the NB:BTS book.

That would be why I said, " you just need to rework MDC to SDC with some of them. ;)

Daniel Stoker
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

easily all the psychics, but yeah, any of them
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Daniel Stoker wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Don't need to. The Psi-Tech PCC is already SDC in BTS1&2 and in the NB:BTS book.

That would be why I said, " you just need to rework MDC to SDC with some of them. ;)

Daniel Stoker

eerrr...hummmm...misread the posts.

Should of said something like there are many PCC's that originated in an SDC setting so those PCC's do not need to be converted for a SDC setting.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I always liked the Psi-Warrior. You could say that he or she was training in a monastery in the Himalayas or something.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

I just love the PCCs from NB shadows of light, they are awesome, they are cool and they are better than any PCCs pubblished in Psy-pathetic excuse for a book-scape, I particulary find awesome botht he psy-ghost/ninja and Psy-hacker(***** COOL !!) :D .
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Then there is the "Rifts does not have any PCC's"*shoves the RC1&2 books into the fire* So there is no converting PCC's from MDC/MD to SDC/SD. :roll: :P
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

The Baron of chaos wrote:I just love the PCCs from NB shadows of light, they are awesome, they are cool and they are better than any PCCs pubblished in Psy-pathetic excuse for a book-scape, I particulary find awesome botht he psy-ghost/ninja and Psy-hacker(***** COOL !!) :D .
then you missed the part where psyscape denizens get special bonuses just for being from Psyscape?
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Damian Magecraft wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:I just love the PCCs from NB shadows of light, they are awesome, they are cool and they are better than any PCCs pubblished in Psy-pathetic excuse for a book-scape, I particulary find awesome botht he psy-ghost/ninja and Psy-hacker(***** COOL !!) :D .
then you missed the part where psyscape denizens get special bonuses just for being from Psyscape?

hmmm Meh...I think you're talking about the only part of the book that actually address something about psyscape itself(page 29-31) that end up suggesting to buy NB 2 between the shadows because otherwise that stuff won't be that helpful. Yes i've read it, but is mostly disappointing because a) is limited to Psycscape psychics and psyscape is ridiculously described in such broad terms that is impossible to base a campaign starting there b) not all psichic in psyscap get that plateu of powers, took years. That pretty mhc is the equivalent of starting at a level greater than 1th. Is kind of lousy in definition, plus is based on usual PCCs..so.yeah...kind of good more or less, if you don't have high expectations (270 ISP to turn inot energy without any in game consequences at all seem tad excessive...Is a plot macguffin not a playable ability, the cost is excessive)
right now Psyscape is too outdated to be considered a worth sourcebook. Infact in term of usefulness is below england. The only thing left in psyscape useful for a game are the monsters (32% of the whole book by the way) albeit the playable RCCs had been reprinted into D-Bees of North America.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

The Baron of chaos wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

hmmm Meh...I think you're talking about the only part of the book that actually address something about psyscape itself(page 29-31) that end up suggesting to buy NB 2 between the shadows because otherwise that stuff won't be that helpful. Yes i've read it, but is mostly disappointing because a) is limited to Psycscape psychics and psyscape is ridiculously described in such broad terms that is impossible to base a campaign starting there b) not all psichic in psyscap get that plateu of powers, took years. That pretty mhc is the equivalent of starting at a level greater than 1th. Is kind of lousy in definition, plus is based on usual PCCs..so.yeah...kind of good more or less, if you don't have high expectations (270 ISP to turn inot energy without any in game consequences at all seem tad excessive...Is a plot macguffin not a playable ability, the cost is excessive)
right now Psyscape is too outdated to be considered a worth sourcebook. Infact in term of usefulness is below england. The only thing left in psyscape useful for a game are the monsters (32% of the whole book by the way) albeit the playable RCCs had been reprinted into D-Bees of North America.

funny i run psyscape adventures at cons, and campaigns regularly...
(some of us dont need every little detail of a city to run adventures there, we use whats called our imaginations and expand upon whats presented.)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Play nice and move on people!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I got the vague impression that the Nocturnes might be active on Rifts Earth based on that Nightbane in Juicer Uprisings who is part of a magical guild in Kingsdale with an astral realm, which the Nocturnes are noted as having.

It makes me wonder if they might be active in HU too.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tor wrote:I got the vague impression that the Nocturnes might be active on Rifts Earth based on that Nightbane in Juicer Uprisings who is part of a magical guild in Kingsdale with an astral realm, which the Nocturnes are noted as having.

They could be active in your HU-niverse if you wanted them to!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tor wrote:I got the vague impression that the Nocturnes might be active on Rifts Earth based on that Nightbane in Juicer Uprisings who is part of a magical guild in Kingsdale with an astral realm, which the Nocturnes are noted as having.

Or it might be a different group with the same name.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Nah, they'd have been sued for copyright infringement if they tried that. :p

Daniel Stoker
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
NMI wrote:

or they could be the beard wearing version!
Or maybe they are all Nocturnes that operate... DURING THE DAWN!!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

NMI wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
NMI wrote:
Tor wrote:I got the vague impression that the Nocturnes might be active on Rifts Earth based on that Nightbane in Juicer Uprisings who is part of a magical guild in Kingsdale with an astral realm, which the Nocturnes are noted as having. It makes me wonder if they might be active in HU too.
or they could be the beard wearing version!
Nocturnes with beards?

YES! YES!
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Almost all the psychic classes from any book will work in HU with relatively minor modifications. My games have had Psyscape Psychics like the Psi-Warrior used for years and they fit well. The biggest issue we found is they fit better in higher powered games that had Megas and similar in them.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

NMI wrote:or they could be the beard wearing version!

but if they have goaties, than thay are the Evil! group....everyone how has see StarTrek knows this. :D :lol: :wink:
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
NMI wrote:or they could be the beard wearing version!

but if they have goaties, than thay are the Evil! group....everyone how has see StarTrek knows this. :D :lol: :wink:
and is exactly why I suggested it a month ago :D

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”