Too many Nightbane Tables!!

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ESREVER333
Wanderer

Too many Nightbane Tables!!

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

I've lost my Nightbane books and Rifters source books but kept my notes. Someone please help sort these out so I can better understand when creating a Nightbane hero. And how many Tables are allowed for 1 Nightbane can have. I'm sure I cannot use all of them to create a Bizarre Nightbane, because there maybe some limits or restrictions.
1. Nightbane Characteristic Table
2. Unearthly Beauty Table OR may use Undead Table
3. Unusual Face Table
4. Unnatural Limbs Table
5. Bio-Mechanical Table
6. Alien Shape Table
7. Stigmata Table
8. Animal Forms Table
9. Chimera Table
10. Mineral Table
11. Plant Table
12. Medevil Table
13. Royalty Table
14. Ogre Table
15. Knight Table
16. Wizard Table
17. Faerie Table
18. Multiple Body Table
19. Fan Boy Table
20. Clothing Table
21. Equipment Table
22. Chosen One Table
23. Cursed One Table
24. Spirit of Nature Table
25. Darkside Table
26. Victim Table
27. Robot/Cyborg Table
28. Cybernetics Table
29. Sci-Fi Equipment Table
30. Space Craft Body Table
31. Alien World Body Table
32. Extraterrestrial Body Table
33. Methods if Transformation Table
34. Transformation Effects Table
35. Transformation of Equipment Table
36. Megalomaniac Table
37. Almost Human Table
38. Beautiful Human Table
39. Marred Beauty Table
40. Inhuman Table
41. Lycanthrope Table
42. Monstrous Lycanthrope Table
43. Bizarre Table
Please help me sore out this mess when creating Nightbane. Simplify it or organize it better.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Too many Nightbane Tables!!

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It's not a matter of how many you can have or how few, each table is divided into a subcatagory, and a nightbane gets features from about 2-5 subcatagories depending on another random roll, balanced on the actual content of those tables.

There isn't an easy way to help guide you short of actually duplicating the random roll tables themselves. my best advice is let them pick 1-3 and balance on the actual submissions
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:It's not a matter of how many you can have or how few, each table is divided into a subcatagory, and a nightbane gets features from about 2-5 subcatagories depending on another random roll, balanced on the actual content of those tables.

There isn't an easy way to help guide you short of actually duplicating the random roll tables themselves. my best advice is let them pick 1-3 and balance on the actual submissions

Thanks. Pick 1-3 tables means challenging use of few abilities. If someone created a hero of more that 5 that will tempted the GM to kill off the power house heroes. Fewer is better, too much is god-like, and it unbalances the game. I understand now. Thanks again for the advice.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

ESREVER333 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:It's not a matter of how many you can have or how few, each table is divided into a subcatagory, and a nightbane gets features from about 2-5 subcatagories depending on another random roll, balanced on the actual content of those tables.

Thanks. Pick 1-3 tables means challenging use of few abilities. If someone created a hero of more that 5 that will tempted the GM to kill off the power house heroes. Fewer is better, too much is god-like, and it unbalances the game. I understand now. Thanks again for the advice.

Don't go reading things into my statement I didn't say. I didn't say 5+ would inherently be too godlike or that fewer is better, I said that 1-3 is a quick rule of thumb for making characters in abscence of the actual tables. It dosn't make them weaker or stronger, or better or worse than a character with 5 or more traits, it just results in pretty average bane for if you don't have the full rules. That's all I said, no more, no less.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Multiple tables doesn't necessarily mean highly powered. A lot of results don't give much at all. In some cases, a nightbane with 1 single powerful characteristic could be stronger than one with 5 weaker ones.

Although.. that Megalomania table... makes me hungry.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

ESREVER333 wrote:Please help me sore out this mess when creating Nightbane. Simplify it or organize it better.

See page 69 of the Nightbane Survival Guide. This section contains the latest collated appearance table updated with the previous sourcebooks and the material in the NSG itself. There is also an alternative Morphus creation system useful for developing a Morphus in the context of a charater's back-story (or helping to flesh one out). Note that most of the tables in the NSG were heavily inspired by several from the Rifter and should be considered the canon versions of the Rifter tables. If you wish instead to include the original versions... well... maybe someone else will be able to help you with that.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Nightbane®”