How many editions are there?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

How many editions are there?

Unread post by arouetta »

I was poking around a site selling Palladium products when I saw a thumbnail of a book with a full color cover that was identified as 1st edition rules. But I have a 1st edition book and it's a simple black and red cover. What gives?
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: How many editions are there?

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

1st Edition
1st Edition Revised - Color Cover
2nd Edition

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Shawn Merrow wrote:1st Edition
1st Edition Revised - Color Cover
2nd Edition

Greetings and Salutations. Just for note:

1st Edition Revised - Black & Red cover (3rd Printing) - i.e. "Revised" started before the color cover (which is the knight on a pegasus fighting a dragon).

I suspect 2nd Printing also has "Revised" written on the cover, but I don't have a copy to confirm or disprove that theory (and remains just my suspicion).

Though I've never played 1st Edition (revised or otherwise), I can't find many differences when comparing the two copies. I believe (but I could be wrong) "Revised" just means they did things like fix errors, and occasionally add or remove something small (like eventually removing the "Sexual Deviation" section).

Not that important, but just wanted to add in that in there for clarity/accuracy. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

The color cover does say revised in small print under the word game on the right hand side. Directly across from the small print saying "By Kevin Siembieda"
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”