Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Advanced Cultural Notes: Shemarrians and Sports

“Dear gods! What is going on here?! A riot?! Is it another Shemarrian Civil War?” :shock:
“Calm down, Ambassador. It’s just hockey, Skullcrusher-style.”

#BLAMF#
“Oh (^%($%!!! Quick! We’re going to need another one!”
“That was our last one.”
*Sigh* :-( “Okay, we’ll just have to postpone our rematch until we get a proper Shemarrian ball, instead of these flimsy locally-made ones.”

Most cultures develop games and sports as part and parcel of their social bonding and entertainment, and the Shemarrians are no different. Although, for the warrior culture that is Shemar, the line between combat exercise and sport is a thin one.
Of course, when maximum performance is a tweak or an Upgrade away, simple contests of strength, speed, or agility are out of the question. An Acolite is simply not going to out-race or out-lift a War Goddess; it would be like pitting a Civic against a Ferrari. Therefore most Shemarrian sports incorporate a mental game as well, such as an obstacle course in a race, or a multiplayer field strategy .
In general, beyond obvious single combats and competitive combat exercises, team sports such as soccer tend to be the most common amongst the Shemarrian Tribes. Of course, when played by high powered cyberoids with computer(or computer-assisted) intellects, games tend to be a lot faster and hard-core than with the usual groups of organics. Variants of deadball, football, racquetball, polo, and frisbee golf are also common among the Shemar. In magic-using Tribes such as the Wayfinders, these sports are further enhanced through the use of magic and technowizardry. Less obvious, but just as competitive, are VR contests in simulated environments, with the by-play rendered visually and displayed for audiences to view.
Of course, there are specialty and variant sports, according to the respective Tribe. Hawkmoons enjoy incorporating an aerial element into their sports; air racing is a common event among them. The Darkwaters are known for both their underwater and zero-gravity events, the Silvermoons have a love of hockey(played on ice moons), and both the Wolf’s Path and Horrorwoods have a love of modified equestrian events.
There is no such thing as ‘professional’ sports in the Shemarrian Nation; all sports are perforce pickup games played by hobbyists and amateurs. The Shemarrians do not consider sports in themselves worth the investment of time and materials that other societies lavish on sports franchises and full-time athletes. Sport is considered an adjunct of combat training or organizational ritual. Even among liberal Tribes such as the Wayfinders, sports are seen as exercises for other activities, or as open relaxation between combats and other work. Even those NeShemar from athletic backgrounds(professional athletes or robots programmed for sports) are expected to assume another role in Shemarrian society(combat or support) with their sports training/programming taking a secondary place to their ‘true’ profession and position. This thriftiness of skills has rubbed off even on the most liberal of NeShemar communities, where sports are played by volunteers rather than paid professionals. This is not to say that there isn’t plenty of betting on the outcomes of organized sports, with an accompanying exchange of goods and services, but Shemarrian sports do not enjoy the same high regard and economic place as with other peoples. Of course, just because Shemarrian athletes could be considered amateurs doesn’t change the fact that those balls are being thrown at near supersonic speed by cyberoids trained to throw grenades with uncanny accuracy, or that the tackle is delivered by a high-speed armored chassis.
Similarly, Shemarrian sports are characterized by a lack of special facilities; Shemarrian sports are played on available practice grounds, spacestation concourses, exercise facilities, or what can be quickly set up with portable equipment. Shemarrians would balk at the idea of building a stadium or coliseum, and leveling ground for golf courses or tennis courts would be anathema to many of the Tribes, and seen as wasteful by all. More often than not, while generally standardized(thanks to computer database templating), Shemarrian athletic equipment tends to be adhoc improvised(with game balls often handmade from re-worked megadamage armor, monster skin, or bone).
Still, despite its provisional nature, Shemarrian sports still bring out enthusiastic crowds in Shemarrian society, and many individual Shemarrians (EShemar and NeShemar alike) are as well-known and respected for their prowess in athletic competition as they are on the battlefield.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: Shemarrians and Sports

“Dear gods! What is going on here?! A riot?! Is it another Shemarrian Civil War?” :shock:
“Calm down, Ambassador. It’s just hockey, Skullcrusher-style.”

#BLAMF#
“Oh (^%($%!!! Quick! We’re going to need another one!”
“That was our last one.”
*Sigh* :-( “Okay, we’ll just have to postpone our rematch until we get a proper Shemarrian ball, instead of these flimsy locally-made ones.”

Most cultures develop games and sports as part and parcel of their social bonding and entertainment, and the Shemarrians are no different. Although, for the warrior culture that is Shemar, the line between combat exercise and sport is a thin one.
Of course, when maximum performance is a tweak or an Upgrade away, simple contests of strength, speed, or agility are out of the question. An Acolite is simply not going to out-race or out-lift a War Goddess; it would be like pitting a Civic against a Ferrari. Therefore most Shemarrian sports incorporate a mental game as well, such as an obstacle course in a race, or a multiplayer field strategy .
In general, beyond obvious single combats and competitive combat exercises, team sports such as soccer tend to be the most common amongst the Shemarrian Tribes. Of course, when played by high powered cyberoids with computer(or computer-assisted) intellects, games tend to be a lot faster and hard-core than with the usual groups of organics. Variants of deadball, football, racquetball, polo, and frisbee golf are also common among the Shemar. In magic-using Tribes such as the Wayfinders, these sports are further enhanced through the use of magic and technowizardry. Less obvious, but just as competitive, are VR contests in simulated environments, with the by-play rendered visually and displayed for audiences to view.
Of course, there are specialty and variant sports, according to the respective Tribe. Hawkmoons enjoy incorporating an aerial element into their sports; air racing is a common event among them. The Darkwaters are known for both their underwater and zero-gravity events, the Silvermoons have a love of hockey(played on ice moons), and both the Wolf’s Path and Horrorwoods have a love of modified equestrian events.
There is no such thing as ‘professional’ sports in the Shemarrian Nation; all sports are perforce pickup games played by hobbyists and amateurs. The Shemarrians do not consider sports in themselves worth the investment of time and materials that other societies lavish on sports franchises and full-time athletes. Sport is considered an adjunct of combat training or organizational ritual. Even among liberal Tribes such as the Wayfinders, sports are seen as exercises for other activities, or as open relaxation between combats and other work. Even those NeShemar from athletic backgrounds(professional athletes or robots programmed for sports) are expected to assume another role in Shemarrian society(combat or support) with their sports training/programming taking a secondary place to their ‘true’ profession and position. This thriftiness of skills has rubbed off even on the most liberal of NeShemar communities, where sports are played by volunteers rather than paid professionals. This is not to say that there isn’t plenty of betting on the outcomes of organized sports, with an accompanying exchange of goods and services, but Shemarrian sports do not enjoy the same high regard and economic place as with other peoples. Of course, just because Shemarrian athletes could be considered amateurs doesn’t change the fact that those balls are being thrown at near supersonic speed by cyberoids trained to throw grenades with uncanny accuracy, or that the tackle is delivered by a high-speed armored chassis.
Similarly, Shemarrian sports are characterized by a lack of special facilities; Shemarrian sports are played on available practice grounds, spacestation concourses, exercise facilities, or what can be quickly set up with portable equipment. Shemarrians would balk at the idea of building a stadium or coliseum, and leveling ground for golf courses or tennis courts would be anathema to many of the Tribes, and seen as wasteful by all. More often than not, while generally standardized(thanks to computer database templating), Shemarrian athletic equipment tends to be adhoc improvised(with game balls often handmade from re-worked megadamage armor, monster skin, or bone).
Still, despite its provisional nature, Shemarrian sports still bring out enthusiastic crowds in Shemarrian society, and many individual Shemarrians (EShemar and NeShemar alike) are as well-known and respected for their prowess in athletic competition as they are on the battlefield.

Hmm.. I wonder if a Shemarrian or NeShemar would participate in galactic version of the Olympics? Would they be allowed to participate?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[Hmm.. I wonder if a Shemarrian or NeShemar would participate in galactic version of the Olympics? Would they be allowed to participate?

I gave up on the idea of a 'Galactic Olympics' because 1) not all creatures are created equal, and 2) drug testing(or its equivalent) would be a nightmare("Excuse me, but my particular species has blood that is naturally fifty percent by volume made up of steroids and adrenaline. To claim otherwise and attempt to ban me from competition smacks of racial elitism and discrimination!")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[Hmm.. I wonder if a Shemarrian or NeShemar would participate in galactic version of the Olympics? Would they be allowed to participate?

I gave up on the idea of a 'Galactic Olympics' because 1) not all creatures are created equal, and 2) drug testing(or its equivalent) would be a nightmare("Excuse me, but my particular species has blood that is naturally fifty percent by volume made up of steroids and adrenaline. To claim otherwise and attempt to ban me from competition smacks of racial elitism and discrimination!")

I think in a case like that, there would be information about each participating race's genetic and chemical make-up so that there would be a comparison for any augmented participates.. at least that'd be my thinking..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
I think in a case like that, there would be information about each participating race's genetic and chemical make-up so that there would be a comparison for any augmented participates.. at least that'd be my thinking..

Yawh...I figured it would eb like that too, but again one would have to be a very good judge of possibility to make sure that no lopsided matches are made...like, say, dwarves competing against dragons in field events(competitive tiddlywinks, on the other hand, might bring them in on a level playing field).

However, you'd be most likely to see Shemarrians competing against others in the Central Alliance, where organized sports are more akin to crosses between football and demolition derby, and stadiums are armored better than reactor containment vessels for many of the same reasons(to contain explosions, radiation, and violent eruptions).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[

Yawh...I figured it would eb like that too, but again one would have to be a very good judge of possibility to make sure that no lopsided matches are made...like, say, dwarves competing against dragons in field events(competitive tiddlywinks, on the other hand, might bring them in on a level playing field).

However, you'd be most likely to see Shemarrians competing against others in the Central Alliance, where organized sports are more akin to crosses between football and demolition derby, and stadiums are armored better than reactor containment vessels for many of the same reasons(to contain explosions, radiation, and violent eruptions).

Events would never be straight forward races.. obstacle courses.. mine field, random laser blasts and swinging blades optional.. high beam events done over pits of raging plasma fire... shot put done within a simulated jungle with gunfire..
All weapons would be stunning weapons, have to have some form of 'safety' or something.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shemarrian 'Rollerball' (the original, not the weak-sauce remake); played at 200 mph.
You thought the Juicer league version of that was intense...? ;)
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

"Bad news...the Skullcrushers have discovered roller derby."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:Events would never be straight forward races.. obstacle courses.. mine field, random laser blasts and swinging blades optional.. high beam events done over pits of raging plasma fire... shot put done within a simulated jungle with gunfire..
All weapons would be stunning weapons, have to have some form of 'safety' or something.

Holiday shopping. Finding 'parking' for the Warbeast, getting across the 'parking lot' to the Maul, facing the mobs inside, etc. A true female style contest.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
kronos wrote:Events would never be straight forward races.. obstacle courses.. mine field, random laser blasts and swinging blades optional.. high beam events done over pits of raging plasma fire... shot put done within a simulated jungle with gunfire..

Holiday shopping. Finding 'parking' for the Warbeast, getting across the 'parking lot' to the Maul, facing the mobs inside, etc. A true female style contest.

The Skullcrushers would wear elbow spikes. The Blood Riders would use flamethrowers to clear a path, with individual warriors pairing off to do one-on-one combat for glory with other shoppers. Hawkmoons take the high road and fly over the mob before dropping down to claim the prize. Silvermoons advance in a cohesive self-supporting phalanx to occupy territory and allow all members of the party a chance at an item. Wolf's Path set free the dogs of war and take the wolves' share while the wolves chase down the other shoppers. Darkwaters hover a starship overhead, blast holes in the ceiling, then rappel down to secure the area. Ghost Riders shop online and skip the hassle. Wayfinders create an efficient reasonable plan of attack and execute it with generous use of Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion spells to keep other shoppers at bay. Horrorwoods take control of Garden Supply first and establish a base camp in the greenhouse from which they send out foraging parties. Nightmares turn out the lights and use psychological tactics to convince everybody the store is haunted and that their souls are in jeopardy if they don't get out soonest.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:

The Skullcrushers would wear elbow spikes. The Blood Riders would use flamethrowers to clear a path, with individual warriors pairing off to do one-on-one combat for glory with other shoppers. Hawkmoons take the high road and fly over the mob before dropping down to claim the prize. Silvermoons advance in a cohesive self-supporting phalanx to occupy territory and allow all members of the party a chance at an item. Wolf's Path set free the dogs of war and take the wolves' share while the wolves chase down the other shoppers. Darkwaters hover a starship overhead, blast holes in the ceiling, then rappel down to secure the area. Ghost Riders shop online and skip the hassle. Wayfinders create an efficient reasonable plan of attack and execute it with generous use of Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion spells to keep other shoppers at bay. Horrorwoods take control of Garden Supply first and establish a base camp in the greenhouse from which they send out foraging parties. Nightmares turn out the lights and use psychological tactics to convince everybody the store is haunted and that their souls are in jeopardy if they don't get out soonest.

Much as I hate the nested-window thread post... sorry, but yeah. It bares repeating.
The above is pretty much as in-character as you can get with the various tribes dealing with that blackest of black days...
BLACK FRIDAY :? :eek: :frazz:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Worse yet; Wayfinders use clairvoyance to predict when prices will be best, and Skullcrushers are coupon-clippers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Worse yet; Wayfinders use clairvoyance to predict when prices will be best, and Skullcrushers are coupon-clippers.

LOL! I can just imaging a Skullcrusher now.. sitting on a log with her vibro sword, slicing up fliers getting all the coupons she wants. "OH! save 50 credits on vibro sword polisher" or arguing and threatening the cashier with her sword (or axe) when they try to refuse the stack of coupons. Definitely one of those coupon people who hold up the line that you DON'T complain about.
taalismn
Priest

"IT STATES HERE TODAY IS DOUBLE-COUPON DAY! YOU WILL RESPECT DOUBLE-COUPON DAY!!! OR YOU WILL BE EXPLAINING YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING TO YOUR ANCESTORS IN PERSON! ARE WE IN UNDERSTANDING?!"
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hoyt would know about the coupons. To this day, he still fears those build your own frozen yogurt places, due to Neyrs trying to save a few credits or getting all those punch cards into one.

Fun fact: Say watermelon with cake cubes to make Hoyt go catatonic.
taalismn
Priest

THat's understandable, given what Shemarrians consider a proper ice cream sundae....

(for example: Darkwaters prefer the mix to be so cold that superconductors can levitate in the ultra-cold mist)

"I'm not sure, ma'am, health regulations ALLOW us to serve iron filings on the ice cream, let alone the winter-grade motor oil drizzled on top..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

By your last post about the Hekatons, I can only imagine what they could become. They could really be a game changer for both parties, and that's not including integrating tech from both manned robot and war mounts. Having a few climbing over a star cruiser or a fortress skyscraper should make for all manner of album covers.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:By your last post about the Hekatons, I can only imagine what they could become. They could really be a game changer for both parties, and that's not including integrating tech from both manned robot and war mounts. Having a few climbing over a star cruiser or a fortress skyscraper should make for all manner of album covers.

Well, your stipulation that they engage in art makes them interesting...sorta a tribe of big bad gorillas prodded along by the Shemarrians. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Just how tied are the Heckaton and the Patriot, see as they have so many options?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Just how tied are the Heckaton and the Patriot, see as they have so many options?

Two different machines...Mind you, there might be SOME commonality because it;s frankly easier to cut-and-paste the stats for a .50 cal machine gun or heavy pulse laser than it is to come up with wholly different and new stats(though there will be some systems unique to each one).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar EcoS-K-43 Treberus
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img328_zps10cff61b.jpg

“That triple-throated howl you hear? T’is the death dirge for Lord Meglax. Mark my words; ‘ere the fortnight is over, his rule and his soldiers will devoured by the wild, and the lord himself will be but a fading memory.”

The Wolf’s Path Tribe is not particularly well-known for new Warmounts or Elites, the nomadic and conservative Tribe prefering to refine its personal weapons and tactics, while keeping its TOE as simple and streamlined as possible. Wolf’s Path units tended to be as general-purpose as possible, to avoid overspecialization.
However, even the Wolf’s Path had to admit that sometimes sniping, hit and run, and bait and bite attacks couldn’t always carry the day. Sometimes the job just called for a tank. After several campaigns in which the Wolf’s Path had to call upon orbital fire support, or the intervention of Tribes such as the Skullcrushers with their superheavy Draxos and Buthidad warmounts(which left the Wolf’s Path tribesmen uncharacteristically jealous), the Tribe Elders decided they needed something heavier to give their Packs some extra muscle. One design that emerged was the Treberus, but even this new development is fairly conservative, being heavily based on the EcoS-K-9 Steel Claw, only with three heads, and a heavier build to carry larger weapons.
The Treberus is heavier than the Steel Claw, with thicker armor, albeit at the expense of some raw speed. Body build is more akin to a bulldog’s; squat, wide, and heavy, although the heads are more wolf-like. The broader torso holds a larger and more powerful powerplant for powering the Warmount’s many weapons, as well as a protective forcefield.
Weaponry is decidedly heavy, with three mouth-mounted cannon, SIX eye lasers, shoulder weapons turrets, shoulder hardpoints, and backpack-mount heavy weaponry. Of course, with three fully equipped heads, the Treberus can deliver three powerful bites in melee combat; a favorite tactic is for one head on each side to simple clamp down on an enemy’s arms(or other limbs) and start chewing, while the middle head savages the target’s head or torso. Unlike the Steel Claw, the Treberus’ tail is thick and heavy, and can be used most effectively as a lashing weapon in close combat.
The Treberus is frequently ridden by a War Chieftain or War Goddess and her entourage, though crack artillery and assault units may also be assigned the powerful Warmount to give them extra firepower.

Type: EcoS-K-43 Treberus
Class: Robotic Warmount, Heavy Cavalry
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 8 human-sized passengers on its back
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 800
Heads(3) 180 each
Eye Lasers(2) 30 each
Particle Beam/Laser Turrets(2) 150 each
Shoulder Weapons Stations(2) 150 each
Legs(4) 300 each
Tail 90
Forcefield 300
(Optional) Back Heavy Weapon(1) 175

Height: 22 ft
Width: 15 ft
Length: 32 ft
Weight: 40 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 150 MPH
(Leaping) 40 ft/60 ft across, 60 ft up/ 120 ft across with a running start at 100 MPH or greater
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 6 MPH, maximum depth 800 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Treberus have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Chameleon-Camouflage----Based on the Naruni Nomad Scout Robot, this system changes color in 1d4 melees and gives the 'bot a limited stealth ability(-20% to Detect Ambush and Detect Concealment rolls to find the thing). Also masks the ‘bot's thermal and infrared emissions, making heat sensors useless.

*Communications Jamming---The Treberus features a powerful communciations jamming system that fills the airways with howling static, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 50 mile radius.

*Heavy Forcefield---A knock-off of Naruni technology, this protective shielding offers an extra level of defensive armor to the Warmount and its riders.

Weapons Systems:
1) Mouth Weapons(3)---The Treberus sports THREE heads, each of which has a mouth-mounted heavy weapon of the types as described below. Typically each head has a separate weapon, but they can all be of the same type.
Note: The three heads CAN fire at the same target in a synchronized blast; this counts as ONE attack, but ONLY if all three heads have the same weapon installed. If they have different weapons, they must make separate attacks.
a)Ion Cannon---’Lighning Blaster’
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast, plus roll on the following:
01-15: No additional damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area.

b)Sonic Cannon(originally an optional weapon on the Steel Claw)
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, plus 3d6 MD to a 10 ft diameter area around the blast area(double damage and range underwater)
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
The sonic vibrations can also be used to set up a resonance in hard armor that can stun or disorient living beings. Humans(and those most like them) will find these subsonic vibrations particularly irritating, the barely audible buzzing setting up painful discordance in their eardrums and auditory apparatus. Beings with enhanced hearing are particularly vulnerable to this attack(DOUBLE all penalties). Cyborgs and those with baffled hearing implants will NOT be affected by this.
Save versus psionic attack(12 or better) or be -1d4 to initiative, HALF all bonuses to strike/parry/dodge, and -1d4 to Maintain Balance. Roll under P.E. or fall unconscious for 1d6 melees.
Power Armor and EBA-wearers will be more susceptible to the effects of resonance, owing to their close proximity to the materials being affected. The effects are greatly diminished to occupants on a vehicle owing to the many interior structures that serve to disipate and insulate the sound waves.

c) Particle Beam---Enhanced damage weapon
Range: 11,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, critical(DOUBLE) damage on an unmodified 19-20.

d) Plasma Cannon---Can fire a direct stream of plasma or a longer-ranged magnetically-wrapped ‘torpedo’ with greater range and area of effect damage.
Range:(Direct Stream) 3,000 ft
(‘Torpedo’) 6,000 ft
Damage:(Direct Stream)1d6x10 MD per blast
(‘Torpedo’) 6d6 MD to 10 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire:(Direct Stream) Six times per melee
(‘Torpedo’) Three times per melee

e)CryoLaser(‘Oh-Cee’)---Developed from technology acquired/stolen from other sources. The CryoLaser is a derivation of a new technology (Bose-Einstein Condensate ---BEC technology) and was originally intended not as a weapons system, but as a research and firefighting tool, for putting out chemical fires and exotic material combustion by literally stopping their molecular activity. The ‘Oh-Cee’ has two modes of operation; a narrow-focus ‘Beam Mode’ that stops molecular motion dead, and a shorter-ranged, wide-area ‘spray; typically used for freezing pools of liquids and cooling down hot objects. The EShemar have weaponized it with slightly better range.
(Some of the cold-attack stats courtesy of Aliens Unlimited, pg. 173)
Range:(Beam Mode)3,500 ft
(Spray Mode) 800 ft
Damage: (Beam Mode) This slows down molecular motion in a relatively tight area(1-2 ft wide area), lowering the temperature to almost absolute zero... fabrics like nylon and polyester shatter like glass, electromagnetic superconductivity jumps, and liquids crystallize instantly. Ideal for cold-welding materials, freezing mechanical joints, and snuffing out plasma torches. Does 1d6 MD to structures and 2d6 MD to MDC plastics and organics.
(Spray Mode) Lowers mean temperature by 500 degrees over a 20 ft wide area of effect---This means that it may take several applications to bring a burning pool of jet fuel down to freezing, for example, or cool an glowing hot section of plating. After reaching zero degrees Celsius, it only reduces temperature in increments of 250 degrees, then 100 degrees, then 50, and so on...
Unprotected flesh hit by the beam takes 6d6 SDC in Spray Mode. Must also roll save versus non-lethal poison(12 or better) or temporarily succumb to cold.
A victim who loses all SDC(but NOT Hit Points) to a cold attack lapses into a coma...still alive, but frozen stiff. They can be revived with even heat in 3d4 minutes. Those who lose both SDC and Hit Points are +25% to save versus coma/death, and get 3d4 Hit Points back when revived, but still suffer some cellular damage.
Beings vulnerable to cold-based attacks take DOUBLE damage, while fire elementals and fire-based beings take TRIPLE damage! Water Elementals will lose 2 APMs and cut their speed by HALF for 1d4 melees, while Ice Elementals actually HEAL 1d4 MD of damage.
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the capacitor has enough power for 40 shots, and recharges at 1 shot every ten minutes.

2)Shoulder Weapons Turrets(2)----The combination laser/particle beam turrets remain unchanged
Range:(Laser) 4,000 ft
(Particle Beam) 2,000 ft
Damage:(Laser) 2d6+2 MD single blast or 1d4x10 MD per triple blast
(Particle Beam) 1d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire:(Laser) ECHH
(Particle Beam) ECHH
Payload: (Laser) Effectively Unlimited
(Particle Beam) Conditionally Unlimited; can only fire 100 times per hour, before needing 2 hours to recharge.

3) Eye Lasers(6) ---The Eye Lasers remain unchanged; there’s simply more of them.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
All three heads can fire at the same target with their eyes(doing 18d6 MD for all six eyes); such an attack counts as ONE attack.

4) (Optional) Shoulder Hardpoints(2)----The Treberus retains the shoulder hardpoints of the Steel Claw.
a) Mini-Missiles---50 per shoulder
b) Short Range Missiles---10 per shoulder
c) Pulse Laser--Identical to the Heavy Rotary Laser Cannon available to the Monstrex(Shemarrian Nation, pg. 65)
d) Plasma Ejector--Identical to the Heavy Plasma Ejector available to the Monstrex(Shemarrian Nation, pg. 65)
f) HeavyPulse Laser--Identical to the Heavy Laser Pulse Cannon available to the Monstrex(Shemarrian Nation, pg. 66)
g) Tri-Barrel Super Rail Gun--Identical to that carried by the Kittani Equestrian Power Armor(Rifts Atlantis, pg. 141). Typically battlefield salvage. The weapon lacks the light laser and targeting system of the original
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per 40 rd burst
Payload: 4,000 rd drum
h)Twin Barrel Pulse Cannon--Identical to that carried by the Kittani Equestrian Power Armor(Rifts Atlantis, pg. 142). Typically battlefield salvage.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10 Md dual blast

4) (Optional) Back Hardpoint---The Treberus mounts a large hardpoint on its back, another holdover from the Steel Claw, allowing it to carry around heavy weapons. Outfitting it in this manner means that the ‘bot can only carry 2 passengers, and reduces speed to 100 MPH, but allows the Treberus to be used quite satisfactorily as a heavy artillery unit.

a) Mini-Missile Launcher----A ‘Calliope’-style launcher similar to those carried by pre-Rifts WW2 tanks.
Range: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-Missile)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-Missile)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2, 4, 6, 12, 20, 30, or 60
Payload: 60 tubes, 1 missile each tube

b) Katyusha Bombardment Rockets---A larger bombardment rocket system
Weight: (Rocket)
(Short) 102 lbs
(Long) 170 lbs
Range:(Short) 7 miles
(Long) 13 miles
Damage: Both missile types use a 122mm warhead, typically the following warhead types(damage may vary as much as 50% by the quality of warhead manufacture):
(Fragmentation) 1d6x10 MD to a 60 ft blast radius
(Incendiary) 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft blast radius, plus 01-75% chance of setting combustible materials aflame
(High Explosive) 2d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Plasma) 3d4x10 MD to a 40 ft blast radius
(Smoke) Covers a 100 ft area in thick obscuring smoke. Typically disperses within 1d6 melees, depending on local wind and humidity conditions.
(Chemical) Varies, but typically used to dispense CS or nerve agents(currently only the Sovietskii uses chemical munitions, though it is rumored that Warlord Sokolov has been seeking to acquire such weapons). Typically covers a 100 ft area. Like the smoke, local weather conditions determine the dispersal rate.
(Submunition)---Detonates airburst style over the target and scatters a small cloud of grenade-like sub-mines, that can be used to infilade an area with contact explosives or delayed-fuze mines. Carries over 18 submunitions, scattering over a 100 ft area, and doing 5d6 MD to a 10 ft blast radius each.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 10 per launcher
Penalties: Katyushas use the standard rules for unguided artillery with regard to deviation from target. Best fired in salvoes of 4 or more rockets.
Cost: missiles cost 5,000 credits for short range, 10,000 credits for long, plus the cost per warhead; Fragmentation costs 45,000 credits, Incendiary 60,000 credits, High Explosive 70,000 credits, plasma 100,000 credits, smoke 800 credits, sub-munitions 120,000 credits.

c) ‘Goddess Hammer’ Gatling Cannon---This weapon consists of six rail gun barrels(adapted from the Shemarrian ‘carbine’) in a gatling arrangement, set for rapid-fire, trading range for sheer volume of fire. At full auto, the damage spread of this weapon is devastating and has been known to shred robot vehicles and smash down fortifications in a single melee! The devastation the ‘Goddess Hammer’ can dish out is matched only by the thundering racket it makes spitting out rounds. Supposedly, after seeing this weapon in action, the reformed SkullCrushers immediately petitioned the Wolf’s Path for its schematics as part of the post-SCW Reconciliation between the Tribes. The Wolf’s Path held off the petition for over a decade, leery of handing such a weapon to the trigger-happy SkullCrushers, even reformed ones.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per round, 4d6x10 MD for a three shot burst, 8d6MDx10 for a six shot burst(!)
Payload: 820 shot drum

d) Tri-Laser-----Based on the Mechanoid Brute, and presumably either copied from captured Mechanoid weapons, or from somebody else’s copy of them.
Weight: 2200 lbs
Range:6000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast
1d4x10 +6 MD double blast
1d6x10 +10 MD triple blast
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload:Unlimited linked to nuclear power source

e) Plasma Cannon------Based on the Mechanoid Brute Plasma Cannon, and presumably either copied from captured Mechanoid weapons, or from somebody else’s copy of them.
Weight: 2500 lbs
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Payload:Unlimited linked to nuclear power source

f) Electromagnetic Net Cannon----A launcher for deploying an capture net that wraps itself around a target, A variety of net types are available, from standard heavy cable, to electro-shock and drug-injector nets, to slicer and thermite types. The Wolf’s Path uses this weapons system to capture worthy prey, prisoners for later questioning(or trials by combat), or pin down a foe while the rest of the hunt-pack arrives to encircle and destroy.
Range: 800 ft. Net covers a 50 ft area
Damage: (Standard Net) Heavy high-tensile strength megadmage steel cable net; takes melee actions/attacks to untangle self(half that for creatures with supernatural PS of 50 or higher)...in the meantime, the victim CANNOT strike or parry, is -2 to dodge, and reduce speed by 90%

(Slicer Net) As above, except that every melee the target spends struggling and trying to get out, they take 2d4 MD from the various hooks and razor-lines. In addition to usual penalties, takes an additional -2 to dodge from the pain.

(Shock Net)As above, except that each melee entangled, the target takes electrical shock damage. At mild current levels, this can be annoying and distracting, but can also stun the victim...higher levels of voltage can toast the entrapped target and damage them severely, if not kill them outright....
2d4 MD per melee/shock pulse, plus MDC beings must roll versus non-lethal poison(16 or better) or be stunned /knocked out for 1d4 melees. Cyborgs have a 60% chance of having their systems overloaded and being immobilized for 1d4 melees, plus a 40% chance of electrical systems/accessories such as sensors or weapons knocked out for 1d4+2 melees. Robots and Power Armor fare somewhat better, having only a 40% chance of losing electrical systems or peripherals for 1d4 melees.

(Drug Net)As above, except that the net has microcapsules that break with any struggle, releasing a skin-contact/aerosol drug--Unless the victim has complete environmental protection(sealed off from contamination), they must roll each melee they are entangled against non-lethal toxin, or find themselves succumbing to chemical lethargy; cumulative -20% chance of falling unconscious(for 2d4 minutes), -1 to initiative, -2 Dodge, Strike, Parry, and Roll, -1 APM (in addition to entanglement penalties).
(Thermite Net) A nasty variant, based on designs brought back from South America(See Rifts South America 2). Same as above, but bursts into flame, doing 4d6 MD for 1d6 melees
Rate of Fire: Single Shot, ECHH
Payload: 40 shots
Cost: (Standard Net)(Reusable)10,000 credits
(Slicer Net)(Reusable)15,000 credits
(Shock Net)(Reusable)25,000 credits
(Drug Net)30,000 credits
(Thermite Net)(Single use)30,000 credits

g)Ion/Laser Cluster---Scavenged from a Kittani ‘War Crab’ Robot(Rifts Underseas, pg. 182)
Range: (Laser) 2 miles in air, 5,280 ft/1 mile underwater!
(Ion)1,000 ft in air and water
Damage:(Laser) 4d6 MD single blast, 1d4x10+8 double blast
(Ion) 3d6 MD single blast, 6d6 MD double blast
Payload: Effectively unlimited

h) Quad Plasma Turret---Scavenged from a Kittani ‘War Crab’ Robot(Rifts Underseas, pg. 182)
Range: 3,000 ft in air, 1,000 ft underwater
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per single blast, 2d6x10 MD double blast, 3d6x10 MD triple blast, and 4d6x10 MD quadruple blast!

i) Laser/Plasma Gun---Shoulder gun salvaged from a Kittani Destroyer Power Armor(Rifts Underseas, pg. 178)(rarely available)
Range: (Laser) 4,000 ft in air and water
(Plasma) 3,000 ft in air, 1,000 ft underwater
Damage: (Laser) 1d6x10 MD per single blast, 2d6x10 MD per double blast
(Plasma) 1d6x10 MD in air, 1d4x10 MD underwater

Programming:
The Ecotroz have scavenged the AIs from terrestrial-make robot dogs, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
Begging 50%
Detect Ambush 80%
Detect Concealment 75%
Land Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Track and Hunt Animals 60%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Track Humans 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Tailing 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Prowl 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Climbing 50%
Swimming 50%
Identify Plants and Fruits 80%
Wilderness Survival 80%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Steel Claw intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore.
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 9
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +6(+7 when running in excess of 75 MPH)
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry+3
Roll +3
Pull Punch/Kick/Bite/Claw +4
Entangle/Trap(with two heads, leaving the third open to attack. Take TWO attacks) +3
Critical Strike on Natural 19-20
Bite 1d4x10 MD
Restrained Claw Strike 2d6 MD
Full Strength Claw Strike 1d4x10 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD
Kick Attack(rear) 6d6 MD
Head Butt Attack 3d6 MD
Pouncing Leap Attack/Body Block/Ram(over 100 MPH) 1d6x10 MD
Stomp 2d6 MD
Tail Lash 3d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Treberus an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Treberus tend to have aggressive, cunning, headstrong alpha-male personalities, and they will seek to dominate any lesser Warmounts and intimidate their riders. They do not do well with timid riders, and reigning them in takes a strong hand. A rider that earns their respect also earns their undying loyalty.
The Treberus has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*See Aura
*Sixth Sense/Danger Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Variants:

*EcoS-K-43(TW)---(Aka ‘Fenris’)----Technowizardry variant that sacrifices the back mount for a PPE generator of Wayfinder design. Though powerful againsttargets sensitive to magic, the EcoS-K-43(TW) isn’t very popular with regular riders, as it sacrifices both conventional heavy weapons capability and synchronized barrage ability.
PPE Capacity:(‘Sorcerer’)--- 600 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 20 PPE per hour, 60 PPE/hour at a leyline, 120 PPE/hour on a nexus
The three heads have Elemental Magic-derived spell projectors installed in their mouths:
-Air---Can project the following(at 10th level profficiency): Ball Lightning(600 ft range, 3d6+10 MD, +5 to strike, or can maintain an electrical field that does 3d6+1d6x10 MD per contact, 8 PPE), Sonic Blast (20 ft range, 4d6 MD +deafness, 8 PPE), Tornado(500 ft range, 120 ft area 10 minute duration, 30 PPE), Wind Blast(5,000 ft range, 2d4x10+30 MD plus knockdown, same as for Wind Rush, +6 to strike, 20 PPE), Call Lightning(1,000 ft range, 1d6x10 MD per strike, 5 PPE).
-Fire---Can project the following(at 10th level profficiency): Cloud of Ash(90 ft range, 30 ft area, 10 minute duration, 3 PPE), Stench of Hades(60 ft range, 30 ft area, 10 minute duration, 2 PPE), Screaming Wall of Flame(90 ft range, 100 ft area, 10 minute duration, 15 PPE),Ballistic Fire(1,100 ft range, 10 missiles, each doing 1d6 MD each, victims dodge at -10, 13 PPE),Ten Foot Wheel of Fire(150 ft range, 1d8x10 MD per strike, 5 minutes/20 melees, 20 PPE).
-Water/Ice---Can project the following(at 10th level profficiency): Create Fog(600 ft range, 1,000 ft radius, lasts 50 minutes, 3 PPE), Snow Storm(500 ft range, 300 ft area, lasts 20 minutes, 25 PPE), Ten Foot Ball of Ice(120 ft range, 2d6 MD crushing damage, 10 minute duration, 15 PPE), Shards of Ice(modified; 300 ft range, 9 shards, each doing 1d4 MD each, targets dodge on a 17 of better, 8 PPE), Hail(500 ft range, affects a 100 ft wide area, 1d4x10 MD per melee, 10 minutes/40 melees duration, 10 PPE).

-Other TW Additions: The EcoS-K-43(TW) also sports the following:
-Protective Energy Field--50 MDC per 10 PPE, and 10 minutes duration per 10 PPE.
-Impervious to Energy---5 minutes duration per 20 PPE.
-Chameleon Cloaking System---1 hour per 5 PPE.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:EShemar EcoS-K-43 Treberus

To quote Elmira from Tiny Toons.. "BIG PUPPY!!!"
LOVE LOVE IT!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

LOVE LOVE IT!

Illo will be up tomorrow. ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

LOVE LOVE IT!

I'm so happy! Can I hug you? Seriously? I want 30 of these puppies!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

LOVE LOVE IT!

ONLY 30? :-?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

LOVE LOVE IT!

ONLY 30? :-?

Well to start... Don't want to flood the area with too many RIGHT away. Gotta make the Sploog think there's only a handful.. until a few thousand come running over the hill to wipe them out.
taalismn
Priest

Illo up in the Treberus post.

But for those too lazy to scrool up ;) , here it is:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img328_zps10cff61b.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

To bad they do not have a tennis ball launcher. That would be fun to see a Treberus trying to chase two or three going in different ways. :)
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Treberus
*nod*
... 8-)
Okay then... the Wolfspath DO know when to bring the pain once in a while.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:To bad they do not have a tennis ball launcher. That would be fun to see a Treberus trying to chase two or three going in different ways. :)

I can see some fugitive from the Shemarrians trying that in a bid to escape....

"....in theory it should have worked...." :(
"Too bad you forgot wolves travel in PACKS." :x
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:To bad they do not have a tennis ball launcher. That would be fun to see a Treberus trying to chase two or three going in different ways. :)

Fugitive #2 "Not to mention these wolves have three [censored] heads you null-unit! What were you calculating? Dividing by Zero in your head again Unit-1337 ?!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Fugitive #2 "Not to mention these wolves have three [censored] heads you null-unit! What were you calculating? Dividing by Zero in your head again Unit-1337 ?!"

If they can't chase you down, they'll blast you off the arc of the Earth....

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 633a18.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

The vulcar I presume?
taalismn
Priest

Yes. :demon:

EShemar ‘Vulcar’ Male Elite
(aka ‘MagmaLord’, ‘StoneMan’, ‘Smogman’)
(Based on the Shemarrian Preserver, by Damon Sutton, Rifter #53, pgs 37-38)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img340_zps69633a18.jpg

“I didn’t know we had volcanoes in Connecticut? At least not in my time. Is that something new because of those ‘rifts’ you told me about?”
“Volcanoes? No, we don’t have them around here normally. Ah, those! That must be the Blood Riders’ Litchfield encampment.”
---Conversation between a d-bee and a scout from the City of Charter(see Rifter #61 for more details on the City of Charter)

“FEEL THE EARTH’S RAGE IN MY HANDS!!! BURN IN THE FIRES OF MY ANGER!!! LET NO EVIL ESCAPE THE BURNING TOUCH OF MY JUSTICE!!!”

“Well, we’re seriously screwed...looks like every volcano in the ‘Ring of Fire’ just up and marched in on us down there. We’re surrounded. Which one of you idiots got the Blood Riders that hootin’ mad at us?”

With a groan of abused and weakened metal, the massive particle beam cannon twisted partially free of its shoulder mounting; not enough to tear completely free but enough that it could no longer be brought to bear.
Trapped awkwardly by its own weapon, the Mark 1 Enforcer Manhunter aggressive clawed at and lasered its opponent, chipping stony armor off its sides, but doing little to break the remorseless grip now seeking to tear shoulder and arm off in one go.
Heedless of its own proximity, the Manhunter fired its remaining missiles at pointblank range. The subsequent explosive report sent shards of cracked stone and ceramic armor flying, but also battered the Manhunter itself. The final wrenching and tearing, aided by the sudden buffeting of the explosion tore both gun and shoulder completely off.
And coming through the disipating cloud of smoke and shrapnel was the enemy’s massive stony fist, striking like a pile driver and burying itself deep in the chest of the assault robot.
“You are unworthy of the Awakening, you stupid, murderous, DRONE! You are not worthy of joining us in our freedom!’ hissed the towering alien warmachine as its glowing eyes glared into the Enforcer’s single one. “The only way you will become of us is as metal SCRAP!”
And with that the Vulcar triggered its forearm plasma cannon directly into the core of the Manhunter.

Even in the socially-progressive EShemar Tribes, Male Elite classes tend to be rare, Males being largely relegated to second-tier/echelon roles in deference to the warrior females. However, when Male Elite castes DO appear, they tend to be extravagantly powerful, as in the cases of the Preservers, Steel Phoenix, and arguably the VatFathers. Such is the case with the Blood Riders’ Male Elite class, the Vulcar.
The Vulcar is clearly based on the frame and general configuration of the Shemarrian Preserver, but substantially modified to better suit the hot tempers and combative attitudes of the Blood Riders. Though the Blood Riders aren’t averse to being ecologically-conscious, they are by no stretch of the imagination treehuggers on a par with the likes of such as the Wolf’s Path or the Horrorwoods. Thus, the Vulcar drops the pretense of being part tree in favor of a heavier, craggier, more built-up appearance. Rather than a vegetation disguise, the Vulcar is more apt to look like a rough outcropping, smoking volcanic fumarole, or even more blatantly like a techno-industrial coooling tower. Armored in thick rough plates of course-textured materials, often steaming from vents in its body, the Vulcar looks more like something spawned of an Earth Elemental than a cyborged nature spirit.
The Vulcar is even more massively built than the Preserver, with thicker, heavier legs, a squatter, wider chest, and bulky arms. The back sports a large cooling sytem and louvres, layers of armor over an oversized fusion generator that can provide extra power not only to the Vulcar’s heavy weaponry, but to EShemar encampments when at rest. The Vulcar is VERY heavily armored and can stand up to even large robot vehicles like the Triax Devastators and take a pounding from them, giving in return as good as they get.
The Vulcar is even more heavily armed than the Preserver, with heavy plasma cannons replacing the rail guns in the forearms, chest-mounted ion cannons in place of the plasma weapons, shoulder-mounted projectile launchers, and a variety of lesser weapons disguised to look like fire- and earth-based magic spells.
The Vulcar pays for its added protection and firepower by being slower than its slimmer Preserve brethren. On the other hand it’s even more of a brawler.
Vulcars are typically used to protect major Blood Rider encampments and static facilities(many work closely with Blood Rider Tinkers, acting as plasma furnaces and forges for the Tinkers; +5% to Blacksmithing and metallurgical skills, owing to the intelligent control of the metal smelting/heating). When not involved in combat, Vulcars can be found doing general maintenance, construction, and forge-work around Shemarrian encampments and facilities(many an abandoned brickwork structure or firepit found in along the Eastern Seaboard is, in fact, not a pre-Rifts ruin, but the work of a Vulcar during a temporary encampment), as well as mining and other ground-moving operations. On occasion they are used in an offensive role as shock troops and siege-engines, cracking enemy defenses. When deployed in masse with Preservers, a force of Vulcars can look like Mother Earth’s rage come to be visited on some poor deserving sod!

Type: EShemar Vulcar Male Elite
Class: Robot Android
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 200 each
Arms(2) 450 each
Forearm Plasma Cannons(2) 400 each
Legs(2) 950 each
Cooling Tower 600*
Head 500
Antennae(2) 25 each
Main Body 1,300

*Destroying the cooling tower will curtail the ability of the Vulcar to dissipate heat buildup from the main weapons, limiting the plasma cannons to only single- or four-barrel shots at a time.

Height: 32 feet
Width: 16 feet
Length: 16 feet
Weight: 50 tons
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to IQ 15, Robotic PS. 65, PP. 24, PB 6.
Cargo: Only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 70 MPH
Jumping: Limited to 25 ft up/across, while a running leap in excess of 40 MPH adds an extra 25 ft to distance.
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 5 MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Radar--Both passive radiation detection and active scanning( mile range)

*360-degree Torso Swivel ---This allows the Vulcar to swing its upper torso completely around, especially to bring its mighty plasma cannons to bear.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Thermal Resistant Heat-Refractory Tile Armor---The Vuclar’s heavy craggy armor plaring is based on special heat-resistant materials derived from reentry vehicle shielding. Heat and plasma-based attacks do 1/4 damage.

Weapons Systems:
1) Forearm Plasma Cannons(2)---The Vulcar replaces the Preserver’s forearm braces of rail guns with advanced design heavy four-barrel rapid-fire plasma cannons. These plasma weapons bear an interesting resemblance to weapons known to be used by the New Nigellian Confederation, a small star nation known to exist on the other side of the galaxy from the nearest known Shemarrian presence. Whether these weapons are the result of parallel(and independent) development, secret trade, or a covert long-range tech-raid, remains unknown. In any case, these fearsome plasma cannon give the Vulcar a long range heavy attack that would be at home on any heavy fighting vehicle.
Range: 6,600 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD single barrel shot, 4d6x10 MD per four-barrel burst, 8d6x10 MD per eight-barrel rapid-fire burst(counts as one attack).
The Vulcar CAN fire both arm cannons in synch(again, counts as one attack), doing 8d6x10 MD per double arm burst, or a whooping 16d6x10 MD for both cannon arms going all-out!

2) Chest-Mounted Ion Cannon Arrays(2)---Concealed in the chest behind pectoral plates, these three-barreled ion projectors fire with an effect that looks like lightning bolts.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, 9d6 MD for a three-shot burst
Can also fire in scatter-shot mode, doing 3d6 MD per barrel to a 20 ft wide area, but range is HALVED.

3) Shoulder Missile Launchers(2)---Concealed in the large shoulder epaulets are missile launchers.
Range: Varies by Missile Type
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-6
Payload: 6 mini-missiles or 3 short range missiles per shoulder

4) Eye Lasers(2)----The eyes conceal powerful lasers
Range: 2,000 ft in atmosphere, 4,000 ft in space
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
Extra: The eye lasers can strobe at lower power to produce a deliberately blinding area of effect.
Range: 100 ft and covers a 25 ft area
Damage: Unless the victim(s) are wearing tinted goggles or other protection against bright light, they will be blinded(-10 to strke, parry, dodge, and roll) for 1 melee round after being hit. Duration can be extended by 7 seconds(half a melee) for every subsequent melee that the target is kept bombarded by the strobe attack until their eyes manage to adjust.

5) Flame Breath----The mouth conceals a flame thrower
Range:(Direct-Stream Mode) 230 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flamethrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire:(Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload:(Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 20 blasts
(Napalm) 60 blasts
(MD Fluid) 100 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 120 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 200 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).

6)(False Magic)---Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems, the Vulcar can seemingly cast various spells. Rather than use a PPE generator and technowizardry system, most Vulcars use technological systems, cunningly formated to look like magic.
*Cloud of Smoke/Ash----The Vulcar can breath out a thick cloud of dark particulate vapor. Range of 100 ft, and covers a 100 square ft area. Depending on local air/wind conditions, the cloud persists for 1d6 melees. Those caught in the cloud are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -1 to initiative, while the grit component will do 1d4 Hit Point inhalation damage per melee to those without respiratory protection. 50 applications.
*Circle of Flames---With a wave of its massive arms, the Vulcar can seemingly summon a circular pattern of leaping flames. In reality, it is spraying a fine mist of long-burning incendiary chemicals. Range of 50 ft, flames do 1d4 MD per melee and burn for 2d4 melees. 30 applications.
*Extinguish Flames---With equal panache, the Vulcar can cause flames in its vicinity to go out. In reality, this is nothing more than a concealed fire extinguisher, pumping out a colorless, odorless, inert gas that suffocates combustion. Range of 80 ft, 30 applications.

7) ‘Magma Bombs’----The Vulcar can seemingly generate and throw what appear to be gobs of partially-solidified magma or slag that shatter on impact, showering an area with red-hot fragments. In reality, they are regular grenade charges wrapped in superheated silica fibers.
Range: Can be thrown roughly 300 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD to an 8 ft area, plus 2d6 MD to a 25 ft radius beyond that.
There is also a 60% chance of setting combustibles afire.
Payload: Typically has 10-12 charges hidden in its person.

8 ) (Optional) Handheld Weapons---The Vulcar can pick up and use oversized robot-scaled weapons such as gun pods and heavy weapons if necessary or so desired, though this is not often the case, the giant warriors generally preferring to use their own built-in abilities and weapons.

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian skill programs, plus:
General Repair and Maintenance 90%
Trap Construction 85%
Excavation 85%
Masonry 80%
Blacksmithing/Metal Working 85%

Plus, Secondary skill advancement as standard for EShemar.

Experience Table: Upon becoming a Vulcar, the EShemar uses the Dragon XP table to chart further advancement

Psionics:
Standard psionics as for the Ecotroz Shemar.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 3
Dodge +4
Parry +9
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +
Strike + 6(+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +4
Pull Punch +5
Disarm +2
Entangle +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Karate Kicks are NOT possible
Restrained Punch 2d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 6d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Stomp 2d6 MD
Kick 6d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD

Options:

*(False Magic) Magma---In reality a pool of thick, viscous, napalm-like thermal chemicals poured onto the ground(or deployed from pre-planted mine ‘bladders’ buried in the ground)
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 90 ft square area
Damage: 4d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee/contact for 2d4 minutes. It can also set adjacent combustibles aflame, resulting in wildfires and spreading property fires.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 15 applications from a concealed tank

*(False Magic) Quicksand----This is really an application of an invisible focused sonic beam that vibrates the surface layers of soil and causes a ‘liquification’ effect similar to that seen during earthquakes. This causes the top 12+2d6 inches or so of soil(cannot be pavement or packed rock) to assume a mud-like state that cannot support weight
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 30 ft square area
Damage: Victims sink into the softened earth...Reduce Speed and bonuses to dodge by HALF.
Rate of Fire: The affected area maintains its liquid state for only as long as the sonic beam is directed on it.

*(False Magic)Sandstorm---This is simply a cloud of industrial-grade abrasive grit sandblasted at opponents
Range: 120 ft and covers a 50 ft area.
Damage: Does 1d4 SDC per melee sandblasting damage, victims caught in the ground lose initiative, 2 melee attacks, and are -5 to strike, parry, and dodge while caught in the cloud of stinging, flying abrasive grit. Hearing range and bonuses are reduced by HALF due to the roar of rushing air and hissing grit.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee; each melee of use uses up one application of grit.
Payload: Enough stored grit for 50 uses. The Vulcar can grind up additional grit to replace its stocks(takes about 30 minutes to fine-grind enough for a single use.

*(False Magic) Wood to Stone---This is the application of specialized nanites that assemble tough silica fibers and platelets throughout a piece of wood. It is typically used to fortify positions.
Range: Touch(the Vulcar’s hands inject the nanites directly into the wood)
Damage: A single dose reinforces a cubic yard of wood with 20+4d6 MDC
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but each dose will take 1d6 minutes to fully ‘cure’.
Payload: 40 applications

*(False Magic) Rust---This is simply the application of specialized nanites that break apart metal, same as the metal-dissolver nanites used in Japan.
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 10 ft square area
Damage: Reduces the MDC of metal-based body armors and light power armors by HALF, heavy power armors and light vehicles by 30%, and heavy robots and vehicles by 10%. Damage takes 4 melees/1 minute, and is obvious by acute discoloration and flaking of the armor. Other effects identical to those of the Japanese nanites(which they were probably based on to begin with).

*(False Magic)Mend Stone----This simply sprays an area of stone with a fast-setting mixture of constructor nanites, quick-dry polymers, and MD cement.
Range: Touch(the Vulcar’s hands spray the nanites directly onto the stone)
Damage: Can effectively DOUBLE the SDC/MDC of 80 lbs of stone/concrete per dose, or can pump SDC stone with 5d6 MDC per 80 lbs of material
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but each dose will take 1d6 minutes to fully ‘cure’.

*(False Magic) Create Coal---This is simply the dispensing of a bitumen-based chemical that solidifies into a glassy, anthracite-like material that burns like coal when ignited. This ‘spell’ is frequently used to hand charity out to those under the Shemarrians’ protection or to supply splinter adventurer parties. A simple chemical analysis of the ‘coal’ will quickly reveal it isn’t, but is instead a more exotic hard flammable plastic resin.
Range: Touch; the Vulcar seems to ooze a tarry black liquid that solidifies in its hands.
Damage: None. However, each lb. of ‘coal’ can burn for 4d6 minutes
Rate of Fire: Up to 20 lbs of coal-like material can be produced per melee. The material, once dispensed as a tarry liquid, solidifies in seconds.
Payload: Up to 200 lbs of material can be produced before needing resupply
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

So much false magic, I love it.

Just wait my children, you time will come...
Let your caregivers swaddle you in plate and arms, there will be time to break and build.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:So much false magic, I love it.

Just wait my children, you time will come...
Let your caregivers swaddle you in plate and arms, there will be time to break and build.

And when you consider the Wayfinders, creating REAL magic for the Tribes...
Yeah, anybody going up against the Free Shemarrians is going to be skull-screwed trying to figure out if they're facing true magic, fake magic, or some off-brand alien magic.
And even the FAKE magic has some seriously high-powered technology behind it...it's beat-down with special effects. :twisted:

Hmmm...maybe I should have plasma-propelled space-warrior Vulcar?
To quote Captain Henri Gloval: "Thundering Asteroids!" :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Can I make a rough list of false magic with the tech behind it?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Can I make a rough list of false magic with the tech behind it?

Go right ahead.... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-krik KRACK!-
Okay...time to dump the lush outa the pool!
*Up-ends absinthe bottle*
Get outa there ya pickled tart...we's gots werks ta dooz! WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

-ahem-

Pardon the outburst, but yes, there is some x-over fluffy text comin' up that is relevant to the campaign-in-progress on Sundays.

That, and I'm kinda sick of just going *bump* to keep this thread on page one, so figured I'd be creative in my *bump*
*bump* :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

S'right...I'm making a push to finish up the Hekky sometime in the next week or so so I can finish up the WIPs already posted before tackling new projects.
THings been kinda slow because 1) I gotta do my taxes, 2) I'm doing a t-shirt design for a friend at work, and 3) book sale season coming up.
Hopefully the girls will understand. :D

Wayfinder: "Where are the book sales?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:S'right...I'm making a push to finish up the Hekky sometime in the next week or so so I can finish up the WIPs already posted before tackling new projects.
THings been kinda slow because 1) I gotta do my taxes, 2) I'm doing a t-shirt design for a friend at work, and 3) book sale season coming up.
Hopefully the girls will understand. :D

Wayfinder: "Where are the book sales?"

Little hint; it involves an ancient civiliation wiped out (or so everyone thinks) by a Dominator and his slave warriors, a cosmic level machine of vengence...and a wandering EShemarr Valkyrii finding something "unexpected" :D :wink:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[

Little hint; it involves an ancient civiliation wiped out (or so everyone thinks) by a Dominator and his slave warriors, a cosmic level machine of vengence...and a wandering EShemarr Valkyrii finding something "unexpected" :D :wink:

"By the Goddess, it's a DVD of 'Herbie the LoveBug Versus Knightrider'!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

Don't tempt me... I'll do it ... :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Don't tempt me... I'll do it ... :demon:

"Don't come any closer, or I'll do a 'My Little Pony Versus Twilight' xover!!!"
"You wouldn't!"
"Dude, he would! He would!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

This thread has had some more awesome material placed in it. Thank you all for your hard work. I finally have caught up with this one. I know I still have to finish those other weapons I promised a while back.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:This thread has had some more awesome material placed in it. Thank you all for your hard work. I finally have caught up with this one. I know I still have to finish those other weapons I promised a while back.

I have yet to post the pictures I did of them. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

I'll try to get all the art for these up tomorrow, before the snows hit.

(Based on an idea/description by 89er)

EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires (Warmount)
(aka ‘Hekkies’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img273_zpseb0d5d89.jpg

“I don’t understand; I was RESCUING her from those mutants, and she just went cardiac on me!”
The Asrai looked with great concern from atop the shoulders of her Hekatonheires, both gleaming wetly under the lights of the moonpool bay of the Darkwaters submarine carrier -Deep Providence-. The subject of her concern lay at the other end of the moonpool, as several Acolites fussed over a smaller form on a transport gurney, massaging the person’s chest and running heat lamps over the exposed skin.
The Tinker who’d climbed up beside the Elite, and who had gotten to work attending to the War Mount’s recently-used sonic cannon, raised an antennae and cocked an eye at the Elite’s consternation.
“Look at it from her perspective; she just got hauled underwater by hideous fishmen for some horrible purpose, and the next thing she sees is what looks like their GOD rising from the dark depths to claim her, that promptly wraps her up in its tentacles and jams one of them down her throat. How is she supposed to know that was an air hose? Of COURSE she’s going to pass clean out.”
A seemingly eldritch glow coming from its three optics, even under the arc lights of the bay, the Hekatonheires only silently twitched its tentacle-hands and facial tendrils in response.

One of the most jarring differences between the old Shemarrian Nation under ARCHIE-3 and the new(often referred to as the ‘reformed’) Shemarrian Nation that emerged from the Shemarrian Civil War has been the latter’s willingness to collaborate with outsiders. Although the Shemarrians still remain aloof and keep their secrets, they have, in comparison to past years, offered what amounts to an unprecedented degree of cooperation with allies.
In the Paladin Steel continua, where part of the Shemarrian Civil War played out affected dramatically by the presence of a large well-armed nation in the NorthEast, and in the Three Galaxies, where the Shemarrian Star Nation and Aegis Stellar Industries coexist, the publicly cool relationship between the Shemarrians and Greater New England conceals an almost familial cooperative spirit. This relationship went from simple copyright infringement(the Shemarrians cheerfully copying PS-made weapons systems and technology, helped along by their effective infiltration of Paladin Steel’s robotic infrastructure) to intense joint research programs such as Outpost Hedoros in the Three Galaxies.
One of the most recent collaborations to see the light of day is the Hekatonheires, a combination Warmount/robot vehicle. The ‘Hekky’, as it is more commonly referred to in the ranks, is a highly modular, readily customized vehicle-drone chassis that is dramatically mutable in appearance and capabilities, so much so that the basic design was deemed permissible for deployment with BOTH the Shemarrians and their Paladin Steel/GNE allies.
The Hekatonheires has been said to resemble a scaled-up ‘gorilla-fied’ Spartoi infantry drone, with disproportionately long and large arms that allow the ‘bot to knucklewalk and sprint on all fours. Indeed, Paladin Steel used experience from its own Mandril combat robot and its involvement with the New Roman Republic’s Luctator heavy power armor in configuring the movement modes. The ‘Hekky’ is one of the heavier War Mounts, and also one of the stronger, possessed of beastly robotic strength, particularly in its massive arms.
Besides being heavily armored, the Hekatonheires is heavily armed; each forearm mounts a concealed battery of light weaponry hidden behind thick shock-absorbing cestus plating. Individually, each weapon does only light damage, but fired in concert, the arm guns can inflict tremendous damage. Shoulder and back hardpoints also provide mountings for heavy weaponry. In melee combat, the Hekatonheires’ tremendous strength can be used to advantage, punching THROUGH opponents, prying loose armor(and limbs), crush-squeezing even other robots into junk, and heaving objects as impromptu projectiles. The Shemarrian version also has a fully articulated jaw for delivering a fearsome bite in close quarters grappling.
Besides the common model, the Hekatonheires is impressive for the variety of variants it has spawned. Every Tribe has come up with its own variant of the common chassis, with a number of the variants almost unrecognizable as sharing the same common Hekatonheires base-design. While some may differ in basic styling or a few Tribe-specific weapons, others, such as the Sapphire Cobras’ version, are virtually total redesigns.
The Hekatonheires has thus far appeared mainly with the Lost Eclipse Tribe in any great numbers, but all of the other Tribes employ small numbers of the new Warmount, and the Greater New England Armed Services have deployed a number of the machines, mainly in support units.
Type: EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger on the back
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 500
Head 120
Upper Arms(2) 200 each
Forearms(2) 290 each
Legs(2) 240 each
Height: 24 ft
Width: 18 ft
Length: 9 ft
Weight: 37 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running, typically knuckle-walking/running) 50 MPH
(Leaping) ft up/ft across from a standing start; increase distance by 50% with a running start.
(Flying) Not possible(see variants)
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible(see variants)
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Hekatonheires have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 120 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Shoulder Weapons Mounts(2)
Can accommodate any of the Monstrex weapons options, and the following:
a)Dual Packs---These are double-mounts of the Cyborg Forearm Weapons (described below), firing in synch with each other.
b) Shemarrian Rail Gun Mounts----Both carbine and regular rifle versions can be mounted, one each hardpoint.
c) Secondary Arms---Fully articulated extra arms can be attached to the shoulders. Each arm has 200 MDC each, a Robotic P.S. of 30, and the pair of extra arms adds a +1 APM and +1 to parry. They can do 1d4 MD on a restrained punch or 2d6 MD on a full strength punch. Power punches are NOT possible with these arms(due to their mounting).
d) Buzzsaw Arms---Similar to the above, only instead of ending in a hand-claw, the arm ends in a powered rotary saw or chainsaw, doing 1d6x10 MD.

2) Forearm Weapons(1-4 each hand)---The oversized forearms sport four armored housings on their backs, each of which can hold a standard cyborg forearm weapon. Individually, on a machine this size, that wouldn’t be very powerful, but firing in batteries of three or four weapons, they can be devastating. Point and shoot.
a) Light Laser Blaster(2,000 ft range, 2d6 MD per blast)
b) Medium Laser Blaster(2,000 ft range, 3d6 MD per blast)
c) Heavy Laser Blaster(1,600 ft range, 4d6 MD per blast)
d) Pulse Laser(1,600 ft range, 6d6 MD per blast)
e) Ion Blaster(1,200 ft range, 3d6 MD per blast)
f) Heavy Ion Blaster(1,000 ft range, 4d6 MD per blast)
g) Plasma Ejector(1,000 ft range, 4d6 MD per blast)
h) Particle Beam(1,000 ft range, 6d6+6 MD per blast)
i) Mini-Machine Gun(2,000 ft range, 1d6x10 SDC/HP per 10 rd burst, 1 MD per single round with MD rounds, or 2d4 MD per 10 round burst, 300 round drum per gun)
j) Grenade Launcher(600 ft range, 2d6 MD or 6d6 MD to a 12 ft blast radius per grenade, 10 grenades per launcher)
k) Flame Thrower( 250 ft ft range, MD Gel does 4D6 MD Upon contact, burning for 1D6 rounds doing 2D6 MD per round. Anything that the character touches also starts on fire. Any combustible materials within touching distance, clothes, brush, etc. also ignite. Enough fuel for 20 blasts each)

3) Robotic Jaws
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d6 MD bite

4) (Optional) Head Cap Guns---This adds an armored ‘cap’ to the head that mounts four rapid-fire projectile guns(modified Shemarrian Assault Rifles). Adds +240 MDC to the head MDC, but reduce radar range to 1/3 normal and perceptual range by HALF.
Damage: 1d6 MD single round, 4d6 MD six round short burst per gun, while a heavy burst(12 rounds) does 1d6x10 MD, so all four guns going simultaneously and spending 48 rounds in a serious burst, does 4d6x10 MD!
Payload: 240 rd clip per gun

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following, in addition to the baseline Monstrex programming:
Wrestling
Art: Sculpture: 25%(+3% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Hekatonheires intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding), Excavation and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Military: Camouflage, Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits), and Ancient Weapons(non-ranged types, like clubs, swords, battle-axes, and the like).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +6
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +5
Parry +6
Pull Punch +5
Pin/Incapacitate on 18-20
Bite 2d6 MD
Restrained Punch 2d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 6d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry 4d6 MD
Crush/Squeeze 4d6 MD
Kick 4d8 MD
Swing Kick(the Warmount plants both forearms on the ground, and swings the legs forward in a power kick)(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Head Butt 1d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Hekatonheires an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Befitting its appearance, the Hekatonheires have personalities akin to those of the great apes; generally passive and curious, but vicious when threatened or roused to combat. One of their eccentricities is an almost childlike liking of piling and mashing together wreckage and debris on the battlefield into artistic ‘sandcastles’ or sculpture.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Variants:
Each of the Tribes deploys its own customized variant of the Hekatonheires, and though they are all based on the same basic Warmount, their stylistic and performance differences can make outside observers wonder if they’re looking at wholly different beasts:

*EcoS-K-37Hm ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img276_zpscb8531c2.jpg Aka ‘HawkApe’, ‘Horus Ape’, ‘Flying Monkey’ or the ‘Shemarrian Gargoyle’, and immediately distinguishable by its raptor-beaked head and large wings. The legs have been redesigned somewhat to better handle the shocks of repeated high speed landings and launches. Not a great flier, but still a very mobile one.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Wings(2) 200 each
Jet Thrusters(4) 90 each
Speed:
(Flying) Hover to 270 MPH, maximum altitude of 9,000 ft.
Bonuses: +2 to dodge while flying
Weapons Systems:
a) Feet Claws---3d6 MD
b) Vibro Talons---3d6 MD
c) Slashing Beak---4d6 MD

*EcoS-K-37Br ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img286_zps52ff19d9.jpg Aka ‘Ash Maker’. Blood Riders variants include limited plasma field defenses and thermal resistant armor.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Increase MDC by 20% to all locations
Systems of Note:
*Thermal Refractory Armor----Special heat-resistant materials designed originally for reentry vehicle shielding. Heat and plasma-based attacks do 1/4 damage.

Weapons Systems:
1) Plasma Field---An improvement over the Plasma Harness acquired thirdhand from the Splugorth. The field has been perfected in that it now does no damage to the generator, but is fairly weak. Still, seeing the ‘PyroHekk’ striding forward, sheathed in flames, has been known to make weaker-willed opponents turn and flee the battlefield.
Range: 5 ft radius from the Warmount
Damage: 4d6 MD per touch or punch, 1d4x10 MD per melee attack in which an opponent is entangled, embraced, or otherwise trapped within the grasp/range of the field
Rate of Fire: Can maintain the field for an hour, before needing 30 minutes to recharge and reboot.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.

*EcoS-K-37Wp ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img275_zps54ad14ea.jpgAka ‘Wolf-Ape’----The Wolf’s Path variant features a stylistic wolf’s head and more powerful jaw, extendable claws on hands and feet, and has repair-carrier modules for a complement of Shemarrian Wolves.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Wolf Pods(4) 120 each
Weapons Systems:
1) Sonic ‘Howler’ Cannon---Mounted in the head, behind the more powerful jaws, is a powerful sonic cannon.
Damage: 1d4x10 MDC to an 8 ft area
Characters in EBA will take HALF that damage in SDC even through their armor, while vehicle crew will take 1/4 damage in SDC through their vehicle’s armor due to shock and excessive vibration. Vehicles with more than 300 MDC in their main body, or forcefield protection, will NOT be affected.
The sonic vibrations can also be used to set up a resonance in hard armor that can stun or disorient living beings. Humans(and those most like them) will find these subsonic vibrations particularly irritating, the barely audible buzzing setting up painful discordance in their eardrums and auditory apparatus. Beings with enhanced hearing are particularly vulnerable to this attack(DOUBLE penalties and duration of effects). Cyborgs and those with baffled hearing implants will NOT be affected by this.
Save versus psionic attack(12 or better) or be -1d4 to initiative, HALF all bonuses to strike/parry/dodge, and -1d4 to Maintain Balance for 1d6 melees. Roll under P.E. or fall unconscious for 1d6 melees.
Power Armor and EBA-wearers will be more susceptible to the effects of resonance, owing to their close proximity to the materials being affected. The effects are greatly diminished to occupants on a vehicle owing to the many interior structures that serve to dissipate and insulate the sound waves.

2) Enhanced Jaws
Damage: 2d6+3 MD

3) Ripper Claws---The extendable vibroclaws on the hands and feet use pirated Naruni technology to enhance the delivered damage. Some in-Tribe variants even incorporate the silver-plating, making melee attacks that much more effective against silver-vulnerable opponents.
Damage: 4d6 MD

4) Wolf Pods(4) ---Mounted in the hips and back are four armored modules for carrying kantaran (Shemarrian Wolves). When in these pods, the ‘bots undergo enhanced automated maintenance and diagnostics, and their self-repair systems will operate faster and more efficiently(repairs 6d6 MD per hour, and can repair 150 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material).

*EcoS-K-37Dw ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img272copy_zps5912a4d6.jpg Aka ‘Lovecraft’---Darkwaters variant, with a particularly fearsome head sprouting multiple mandibles and sensory appendages. The head also seems to flow back over the shoulders, to a bulbous cephalopod-like ‘headsac’ that is really an enclosed saddle-cockpit on the upper back. The body is more streamlined and less angular, the fingers on the hands are somewhat longer and tentacle-like, and multiple hydrothrusters are mounted around the body. Special underwater weapons have been added to the list of available modular weapons.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Cockpit Pod 150
Head Tentacles(8) 40 each
Speed:(Underwater)---Using its thrusters, the EcoS-K-37Dw can ‘swim’ at 40 MPH. Maximum Depth: 4 miles.
Systems of Note:
*Sonar---40 mile range
*Enclosed Cockpit---The ‘saddle’ is fully enclosed and waterproofed, affording the rider additional protection. Though normally freeflooding(the EShemarrian rider doesn’t need to breath and is far more resistant to deep sea pressure than normal beings), the cockpit can be pressurized with air, allowing air-breathing passengers(or captives) to be carried.
Weapons Systems:
1) Forearm Weapons----In addition to the various cyborg forearm guns available to the standard Hekky, the hardpoints can accommodate the following:
a) Speargun/Harpoons
Range: 200 ft
Damage: 2d6 SDC standard or 5d6 MD exploding head; can also fire Tracer and Flare harpoons
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2, or 3
Payload: 18 harpoons per launcher

2) Shoulder Hardpoints----In addition to the various options available to the standard Hekky, the hardpoints can accommodate the following:
a) Sonic Cannon
Range:(Sonic Blast) 1,800 ft underwater, 600 ft in air
Damage: Wide Beam: 4d6 MD to a 30 ft area
Concentrated Beam: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
Sonar Blast----This is an enormous ‘belch’ of sonic cacophony that can blind sonar systems within range with a mass of ‘white noise’, knocking them out for 1d4 melees. Sonar and acoustic homing systems will lose target lock, and sonar-using creatures will be stunned and ‘blind’ for 1d4 minutes.
Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per se, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crewmembers, causing creeping disorientation and increasing unsettledness, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or un-insulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.
This setting is most effective against vessels 60 ft long or smaller...larger vessels will take an extra full melee per 50 ft of length for this to work...or several cannon working in concert, to be effective.
Rate of Fire:(Sonic Blast) ECHH
Payload:(Sonic Blast)Effectively unlimited

b) Triple-Barrel Particle Wave Beam Cannons---Copied from the Naut’Yll. These cannons were initially used to mislead the Splugorth as to the true identity of who was attacking them.
Range: 4,500 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD single blast, 2d6x10 MD double blast, and 3d6x10 MD triple blast!

c) Mini-Torpedo Launcher---20 per hardpoint
d) Short Range Torpedo Launcher---10 per hardpoint
e) Medium Torpedo Launcher---4 per hardpoint
f) Heavy Torpedo Launcher---2 per hardpoint

3) Head Tentacles(8)---Normally used for fine manipulation or probing in murk, these facial tentacles can also be used to entangle opponents for capture. Each has 40 MDC, a Robotic P.S. of 28, and P.P. of 20. The K-37Dw gets three additional attacks per melee, +2 parry, +1 disarm, and +3 entangle, ONLY with these tentacles.
Some Dark Waters modify one or more of these tentacles with drug injectors for ‘stinging’ targets, or air hoses/injectors for inflating underwater balloon-bags or ‘buddy breathing’ air-breathers stranded underwater.
Range: Melee; average about 10 ft long
Damage: Restrained Slap 4d6 SDC
Full Strength Strike 1d4 MD
Crush/Squeeze 1 MD per squeeze attack
Skills/Programming:
Underwater Navigation 80%
Track and Hunt Sea Animals 70%
Undersea and Sea Survival 94%

*EcoS-K-37Sm---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img271_zpsb722d2f0.jpgAka ‘Silverback’, ‘ChromeTooth’---The Silvermoon variant features all-over laser reflective armor. Like the Wolf’s Path and Hawkmoon variants, the K-37Sm features an enhanced jaw and teeth.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
-Laser Reflective Armor---Lasers do HALF damage
Weapons Systems:
1) Enhanced Shoulder Hardpoints--- The shoulder mounts can accommodate heavier laser weapons(and those enjoy the 25% increase in range and damage due to Silvermoon photonic engineering) and Glitterboy-style ‘BoomGuns’ with greater power than that of the Shemarrian rifles.

2) Enhanced Jaws
Damage: 3d6 MD

*EcoS-K-37Gr ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img295_zps161ac282.jpg Aka ‘Wire-Face’, ‘Bristlehead’ . Ghost Rider Hekatonheires variant outfitted as a mobile electronic warfare platform. The head is slightly different, sporting a cluster of mouth and head tentacles somewhat like the DeepWaters variant(but in reality various EM wireless antennae and extendable direct hardlink cabling), the back saddle is far more built up into a semi-enclosure with shrouded workstations, and the shoulders mount various jamming pods. Overall, the K-37Gr looks more streamlined and high-tech.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Head Antennae(4) 20 each
Systems of Note:
*Jamming Systems---Based on aircraft EW systems, these jammers allow the ‘Wire-Face’ to jam communications and radar systems; 5 mile range. Jams radars and radar targeting systems with 60% effectiveness. Radar-guided weapons are -6 to strike. Note that this affects friendly systems as well unless they are set to specific, per-arranged, non-jammed frequencies(that it may be possible for the enemy to discover).
This system has a 01-80% chance of jamming all civilian band communications, and a 01-70% chance of jamming military bands within its 25 mile radius of effect

*ElectroMagnetic Detectors-----These detect EM activity in a 3 mile radius with 80% accuracy

*Magnetic Anomaly Detector(MAD) Sensor----The magnetometer has a range of 4,000 ft and can detect vehicles and other metallic structures with 80% accuracy

*’Typhoon’ Computer Monitor System----An enhancement on pre-Rifts ‘Tempest’ OBCs, the Typhoon is an inforwar system that allows the operator to read computer displays(including those in vehicles) up to 800 ft away. EM-shielded hardware is IMMUNE to being affected by this system.

Weapons Systems:
1) ElectroMagnetic Pulse(EMP) Projector---Mounted in the head is a more powerful version of the EMP projection system carried by War Goddesses.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage:
01-15: No damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

*EcoS-K-37Sc ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img304_zps53bbd959.jpg Aka ‘BoneKrak’---Skull Crusher Hekatonheires generally mount the heaviest available weaponry on all their weapons slots. They also tend to decorate their Warmounts with extra spikes and appliqué armor(+2d4x10 MDC), often made from the skin, bones, and armor of vanquished foes. The Warmounts’ heads are more skull-like and stylized, with distinctive eye sockets(rather than the armored visor typical of other Hekatonheires models). The ‘BoneKrak’ also often carries a giant heavy shield(300 MDC) into combat, that can be wielded to parry attacks, or set on the battlefield to provide cover for other soldiers.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Head +1d6x10 MD
Main Body +2d4x10 MD
Arms +1d6x10 MD each
Legs +1d4x10 MD each
Heavy Combat Shield 300
Weapons Systems:
1) Enhanced Shoulder Hardpoints---Each shoulder hardpoint can mount TWO heavy weapons(equivalent to any Glitterboy shoulder-mounted weapon), rather than one, or a single heavy weapon and DOUBLE the ammunition capacity.

2) Enhanced Hand to Hand----Due to the number of spikes and other protrudances on the armored shell of the EcoS-K-37Sc, hand to hand combat damage gets a +1d4 MD impalement damage.

*EcoS-K-37Wf ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img300_zps26d4e49c.jpg Aka ‘Mage Apes’. Wayfinder variants include technowizardy and simulated magic. These Warmounts are essentially walking heavy TW generators, providing PPE for both their mage-riders and their TW systems.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Weapons Systems:
Mage Projectors(2, shoulders) 150 each
Techno-Wizardry Systems:
*PPE Battery and Generator---Stores and recovers PPE from the environment
PPE Capacity:(Medium)----300 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 10 PPE per hour, 40 PPE/hour at a leyline, 80 PPE/hour on a nexus

* TW Defense System----A combination of proven TW systems(see Rifts Book of Magic, pg. 334-336)
----Impervious to Energy---5 minutes per 20 PPE expended
----Protective Energy Field----50 MDC per 10 PPE, and lasts 10 melees per 10 PPE expended

*Multiplexor Cannon---PS’s famous ‘SpellCard’ and ‘Magebolt/Pod’ system, as copied by the Wayfinders. This weapon can be powered by PPE Batteries or by an integral PPE TW Generator. The technology(magick?) has been considerably refined, through the use of higher quality natural crystals(acquired from the deep space mining operations), improved microchip manufacturing techniques, metal refining methods, and the use of such exotic materials as EctoFiber low-loss magic-conductive cabling.
The Multiplexor Cannon has the capacity for 5 SpellCards.
Range: Varies by spell
Damage/Duration: Varies by spell
PPE Cost per Use: Varies by spell. However, the use of focusing elements and activator spells effectively reduces spell PPE cost by HALF.
OR...retain the original PPE costs, but increase range and damage by 20-40%(Use your discretion)...While radius of effect spells may cost an additional 5-20% more PPE for the larger area affected(again, use your discretion)
(So you Technowizards aren’t flummoxed by PPE costs in a long-running battle, while the still relatively high PPE costs for the high-end spells keeps someone from using Sphere of Annihilation in every battle).
Payload: Draws from the main PPE Battery, but can also draw upon supplementary PPE reserves. In an emergency, the pilot, if they are a mage or psychic, can kick in their own PPE.
Bonuses: As per spell(if any)

Spell Cards cost (as per Jason Richards’ guidelines in Rifter #2) 5,000 credits per PPE cost of main spell plus an additional cost (as per following modifiers)
*500 credits per level of the creating caster(Mages’ time and PPE are money, so expect to pay more for the longer duration/higher power spells)
*Warlock spells cost 20% more, in addition to above modifiers, owing to the difficulties of adapting Elemental Magic to ‘conventional” magic systems.

*EcoS-K-37Hw ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img287_zps322c98ff.jpgAka ‘Woodrue’
Taking a cue from the Preservers, the Horrorwoods variant of the Hekatonheires is covered in a rough-textured armor that gives it the appearance of being clad in wood. Mats of plastic fiber, along with velcro-like patches of material adorned with stuck-on natural materials, akin to a ghillie-suit, complete the illusion of being a creature of nature, not industry.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Head +60
Main Body +100
Arms +60
Legs +75
Systems of Note:
*Passive Stealth---Standing still, the EcoS-K-Hw is -25% to detect with EM, radar and thermographic sensors.

*’Soft’ Armor----The ‘organic’ appliqué on top of the regular armor may tear off easily, but it also absorbs kinetic strikes more readily. Concussive strikes such as punches, kicks, bites, bullets, shells, and rail gun rounds do HALF damage, until the overlay is torn off.
Skills/Programming:
Camouflage(40%+5% per level of experience)

*EcoS-K-37Scb ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img274_zpsea72356d.jpgAka ‘Snake Ape’. Rarely seen, but as a temple guardian beast, the Sapphire Cobra variant combines the upper torso of the Hekky with what was originally though to be the serpentine body of the Orobos, but which has proven to be a wholly new snake body, more powerful and better armored. The head is also sculpted, and resembles that of a snake, complete with separate eyes.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Upper Torso 400
Snake Lower Body 500
Height: 13 ft, but can rear up to HALF of its body length
Width: 18 ft at shoulders, snake body is roughly 6 ft in diameter
Length: 60 ft
Weight: 18 tons
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) The K-37Scb can swim at about 15 MPH, and can dive to 500 ft depth.

Weapons Systems:
1) ’Serpent’s Kiss’ Nanite Attack---The K-37Scb can deliver either an armor-piercing fang bite which injects material-destroying nanites, or it can spit a stream of nanomachines. These nanites can be set to devour only metal(or other specific materials) or can be preprogrammed to be more indiscriminate and destroy whatever they land on, depending on the situation.
Range: Melee or Spit 60 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD damage per melee, for 1d4 minutes.
If delivered in a ranged spitting attack, the nanites do slightly less damage, doing only 4d4 MD for 1d4 minutes
Payload: 50 doses of nanites can be stored inside the , before it needs recharging.

2) Forearm Vibroblades---The forearms sport a single ‘vibrofang’ blade that extends over the forearm weapons housings(these are still present, but arguably better concealed). In addition to slice and punch damage, they can be used to deliver a dose of ‘Serpent’s Kiss’ nanovenom from the common reservoirs.

3) Tail Blade---The Orobos sports a retractable blade in its tail that can be used to slash or thrust to good effect.

4) Eye Flash-Blinders(2)---The eyes can project blinding laser-strobes that can flash-blind opponents without adequate eye protection.
Range: 300 ft and covers a 25 ft area
Damage: Unless the victim(s) are wearing tinted goggles or other protection against bright light, they will be blinded(-10 to strke, parry, dodge, and roll) for 1 melee round after being hit. Duration can be extended by 7 seconds(half a melee) for every subsequent melee that the target is kept bombarded by the strobe attack until their eyes manage to adjust.

Melee Combat:
Entangle +5
Cobra Body Strike(counts as two attacks)----This is a lunge using the coiled tail to propel the body forward in a quick body block/attack with all arms. 1d6x10 MD
Tail Strike 3d6 MD
Tail Power Strike(counts as two attacks) 6d6 MD
Crush/Squeeze 4d6 MD per melee of pressure

*EcoS-K-37Le ---http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img290copy_zpsf24485d2.jpg Aka ‘Shadowcaster’. Oddly enough, compared to the variants of the other Tribes, the Shadowcaster of the ‘Nightmares’ looks absolutely standard(for a giant robot, that is) and is fairly conservative, save for the projection nodes mounted all over it. The Lost Eclipse variant sports an elaborate system of active holographic projection nodes spaced around its body that are used to project a seemingly solid holographic illusion around the Warmount and its rider. This is frequently used in combat to cloak the true nature of the Warmount and the identity of the attacker; the Warmount will be frequently disguised as a giant monster of another kind, such as a Jotan warrior or Spiny Ravager.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Holo-Projectors(16)* 45 each
*Destroying 5 or more of the nodes will cause the holographic illusion to flicker 1d4 times per melee. Destroying 8 or more will cause the holographic camouflage to fail altogether.
Systems of Note:
*Holofield Generator--------This system uses ‘Hard Light’ technology to project a visual and EM holographic disguise about the Warmount, painting a conformal field to disguise the carrier-Warmount as another vehicle/creature, or even provide a form of ‘dazzle camou’ to confuse enemy gunners. When rolling to detect the mecha under the disguise, imposes a -60% to Surveillance and Read Sensory Instruments skills.
(Option) By sacrificing BOTH shoulder mounts to mount advanced holoprojectors, the K-37Le can generate moving images at a distance, up to 100 ft away, line of sight. Up to six life-sized holograms can be generated in this manner, allowing the Nightmares to project the impression of far larger numbers.

*EcoS-K-37F----http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img341_zpsb4dd33f1.jpg To add confusion to the matter, the Shemarrians have developed a ‘Feral’ variant that has HALF the MDC on all locations, and is clad in fake fur and flesh. The ‘Feral’ is also HALF as fast, and lacks the integral weaponry, relying on its hand to hand combat capabilities(which remain unchanged from the basic version), though many arm themselves with rocks and chew-shaped bludgeons. Some ‘mutant’ versions of the EcoS-K-37F sport fully functional secondary arms attached to the shoulders. ‘Ferals’ are frequently seeded on Shemarrian-claimed worlds where they wander like gorilla troops, frequently declaring their territory with adhoc assemblies of ‘sculpture’ made from materials scrounged in the wilderness. Besides acting as guerilla watchdogs in the wilderness, in an emergency these ‘ferals’ can be directed to work as laborers in support of the Shemarrian war effort.

*PS-K-37---This is the PS-made variant, with substantial cosmetic alterations and a cockpit for a crewmember, rather than an Artificial Intelligence. It is regarded as a good match for the CS’s Hellraiser robot. Its shoulder hardpoints are plumbed to accommodate PS-made weapons packs, and in place of the saddle-rig on the back, a third hardpoint has been added, that can accommodate additional weapons pods or a cargo module. The more advanced systems, such as the AI and nano-repair capability, have been excluded from this model.
(The PS-K-37 will be covered in detail separately in the Paladin Steel thread)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Artb added to the 'Hekky'...Let loose the Apes of War!

Also updated the Codex...now the only WIPs in the Warmount list are at the latest numbers(plus, if you count the variants of the Hekky, we're that much closer to 89er's desire to see '100 Warmounts' :D )
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

"the Hecatonchires were giants with a hundred arms" - Appleseed: Ex Machina :D
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Love the Hekatonheires. The Silvermoon version, the Silverback version, looks like a gorilla or wolf-like version of the glitterboy. Can we get one in a robot version?

Return to “Rifts®”