Can anyone stat The Incredible Hulk...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Can anyone stat The Incredible Hulk...

Unread post by cyberdon »

...using HU rules?

Warning: Posting or Requesting conversions of copy-written material to Palladium Stats is a violation of the forum rules.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Re: Can anyone stat The Incredible Hulk...

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

In the privacy of your own home, sure you can. Do it on the boards and at best the thread will be deleted.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

There is a NO CONVERSION POLICY. Sorry, but no can do.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Hmm, just so I understand this correctly...

If I take a character from literature, or from a comic book, I'm not permitted to post what I think its S.D.C. or abilities would be on the boards?
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

cyberdon wrote:Hmm, just so I understand this correctly...

If I take a character from literature, or from a comic book, I'm not permitted to post what I think its S.D.C. or abilities would be on the boards?

Yep.
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Ah k -gotcha
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

This is a link to the Forum rules. learn them, love them, and have fun. :bandit:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104657
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

Yes you can, but you may not post them. At least not publicaly on these boards.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

The best you could do (and this is iffy) is create a character 'inspired' by your favorite comic book characters. I've seen plenty of characters that were blatant rip-offs of comic characters posted here, but enough was changed so as to not infringe on another companies Intellectual Property.

If you're looking to create a 'hulk-type' archetype, fill your boots and go ahead. Looking to create "The Incredible Hulk", and that's a big no-go. The difference is subtle, but it is definitely there.

Even looking back through some of the published materials Palladium has made over the years, I can think of MANY characters that were inspired by Marvel or DC.. The Usurper, (first published in Villains Unlimited) is an obvious analog for Dr. Doom for example.. You'll find many others as well.

As far as direct conversions go though, (especially for bricks like Supes, the Hulk and Thor), Heroes Unlimited doesn't really work well unless you have house rules of your own to reflect the vast differences in strength, and speed. And as stated above, Palladium considers it to be a non-starter, and will delete or lock any threads containing conversions.

That being said, I have seen conversions of some heavy hitters done on other sites using the HU system (Supes, Wonder Woman, the X-Men etc). While it's neat to look at, I'm not sure any of them could ever fit into a game that I run or play in. Besides - if your players wanted to play the Hulk, or Thor or something similar, just pick up the Marvel game - much better suited to `Cosmic` level adventures and strength. If your players want to play a strong guy who`s nearly invulnerable, HU can do that, and I think it can do it better..
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

YOu want one that sort of mimics the Hulk? Yeah. You want one to properly portray and be The Hulk. Nope, not doable within the rules of HU2. Powers just cannot represent the strength levels, healing levels and other things to the level The Hulk or many other heroes have them. At best they make a reasonable facsimile that is not as powerful as the character being mimicked. At least in my opinion
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

jaymz wrote:YOu want one that sort of mimics the Hulk? Yeah. You want one to properly portray and be The Hulk. Nope, not doable within the rules of HU2. Powers just cannot represent the strength levels, healing levels and other things to the level The Hulk or many other heroes have them. At best they make a reasonable facsimile that is not as powerful as the character being mimicked. At least in my opinion

Without going fully co-op storytelling no system can properly emulate the power level of plot that all comic characters display.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Damian Magecraft wrote:
jaymz wrote:YOu want one that sort of mimics the Hulk? Yeah. You want one to properly portray and be The Hulk. Nope, not doable within the rules of HU2. Powers just cannot represent the strength levels, healing levels and other things to the level The Hulk or many other heroes have them. At best they make a reasonable facsimile that is not as powerful as the character being mimicked. At least in my opinion

Without going fully co-op storytelling no system can properly emulate the power level of plot that all comic characters display.

I am not talking about plot power level but actually accounted for power levels. The "strongest" person in Heroes cant lift more than about 25 tons. No healing factor properly emulates how fast Wolverine can recover. That isn't a plot device that is quantifiable. Those are just two examples.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
LeeNapier
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LeeNapier »

say652 wrote:(children do not trigger rage)

This is amusing.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”