Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Note to self; in future, before tackling ship designs, lay out overall dimensions on graph paper first.
Also have to compare to existing canon Three Galaxies ships; see if they're equally messed up.

They are... :nh: :frust:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

89er wrote:Messege Sent.

On another note, some new warmount ideas include:
1) Sapphire Cobra Aerial War mount
2)Bloodriders Aquatic War mount
3)Spherical Urban Pursuit Warmount, Half Wrecking Ball, Half Superball
4)Sonic Warfare Mount
5)Arctic Warfare Mount
6)Anteater/Pangolin Warmount for hive/nest breaching and clearing.
7)Jellyfish/Flying Saucer Warmount for Naval and Space recovery.

8) I'm just hoping to eventually get to 100 Warmounts. Feedback would be great.

1) Nothing jelling yet, but if the Cobras really want aerial mounts, they might acquire Horrorwoods Shredwings and do some variant engineering

2)Nah, the Bloodriders leave most aquatic fighting to the 'squids'; the Dark Waters and the Horrorwoods. If they must participate in aquatic ops, they hire the services of those Tribes, use their own existing capabilities, or a few 'Riders have acquired Warmounts from those Tribes(the blood Riders in those cases tend to be rather eccentric, even by Blooder standards).

3) Paladin Steel already offers the Bumbler spheroid car, and will be putting out a military version, Now conceivably one could install a robotic brain in one and Awaken it, but would it really be a good warmount(okay, the original sci-fi short story 'The Arena', features an alien who's a giant red tentacled wrecking ball that's quite nasty).

4)Many Wolf's Path warmounts already incorporate sonic weapons as options.

5)MIght be overspecialized. Just about any Warmount with adaptive camou could serve quite ably as arctic warfare units. And the Wayfinders' Cybears can be PolarityBears, while their Tuskers can become White Elephants/

6) Oh dear....that has possibilities...pangolins are just cool...slow, but cool.

7) Quit reading my mind! The only reason I'm not working on a mining vessel named the Jellyfish is because I have to wait to hit my public library's Japanese-English dictionary for the Japanese word for 'jellyfish'. Actually, the UTILITY warmounts in this respect are the Nautika and of the Octas.

8) You're killing me! Of course, by that time, the Shemarrian Star Nation may be sprawling over more than Three Galaxies and definitely several dimensions.
Actually, the ones most likely to break that number are the Horrorwoods, who regularly produce robocopies of local lifeforms, and ride many of them(now if Palladium would ever get the rights to feature ZOIDs as a tabletop RPG, the Horrorwoods would go ape$#!+, because many of those bastards feature 80mm cannon as LOW END armaments!).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Note to self; in future, before tackling ship designs, lay out overall dimensions on graph paper first.
Also have to compare to existing canon Three Galaxies ships; see if they're equally messed up.

I may just post the charts anyway...better than nothing, and people might find it fun to see a line up of Shemarrian vessels. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I may just post the charts anyway...better than nothing, and people might find it fun to see a line up of Shemarrian vessels. :D

Oh please do... I'm just saying that when it comes to external dimensions and internal volumes, PBooks and Phaseworld writers do NOT do the math. :lol: :D :thwak:

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Messege Sent.

On another note, some new warmount ideas include:
1) Sapphire Cobra Aerial War mount
2)Bloodriders Aquatic War mount
3)Spherical Urban Pursuit Warmount, Half Wrecking Ball, Half Superball
4)Sonic Warfare Mount
5)Arctic Warfare Mount
6)Anteater/Pangolin Warmount for hive/nest breaching and clearing.
7)Jellyfish/Flying Saucer Warmount for Naval and Space recovery.

8) I'm just hoping to eventually get to 100 Warmounts. Feedback would be great.

1) Nothing jelling yet, but if the Cobras really want aerial mounts, they might acquire Horrorwoods Shredwings and do some variant engineering

2)Nah, the Bloodriders leave most aquatic fighting to the 'squids'; the Dark Waters and the Horrorwoods. If they must participate in aquatic ops, they hire the services of those Tribes, use their own existing capabilities, or a few 'Riders have acquired Warmounts from those Tribes(the blood Riders in those cases tend to be rather eccentric, even by Blooder standards).

3) Paladin Steel already offers the Bumbler spheroid car, and will be putting out a military version, Now conceivably one could install a robotic brain in one and Awaken it, but would it really be a good warmount(okay, the original sci-fi short story 'The Arena', features an alien who's a giant red tentacled wrecking ball that's quite nasty).

4)Many Wolf's Path warmounts already incorporate sonic weapons as options.

5)MIght be overspecialized. Just about any Warmount with adaptive camou could serve quite ably as arctic warfare units. And the Wayfinders' Cybears can be PolarityBears, while their Tuskers can become White Elephants/

6) Oh dear....that has possibilities...pangolins are just cool...slow, but cool.

7) Quit reading my mind! The only reason I'm not working on a mining vessel named the Jellyfish is because I have to wait to hit my public library's Japanese-English dictionary for the Japanese word for 'jellyfish'. Actually, the UTILITY warmounts in this respect are the Nautika and of the Octas.

8) You're killing me! Of course, by that time, the Shemarrian Star Nation may be sprawling over more than Three Galaxies and definitely several dimensions.
Actually, the ones most likely to break that number are the Horrorwoods, who regularly produce robocopies of local lifeforms, and ride many of them(now if Palladium would ever get the rights to feature ZOIDs as a tabletop RPG, the Horrorwoods would go ape$#!+, because many of those bastards feature 80mm cannon as LOW END armaments!).

For the Cobra's flying warmount, could do something something like the gold dragon from 3.5 and on D&D. Example picture http://www.draconika.com/types/images/gold-dragon.jpg
What I'd think of is more of a cobra/snake body of course, with a large hood that slowly tapers down the body, like how the wings of the gold dragon does, then leaves part of the tail without the 'wings'. The wings move in a wave fashion. Which would be good for both air AND water movement, since many snakes can swim.
Maybe give the body a more eastern dragon style body? Like a Chaing-ku style.
Or that snake dragon with the feathers around the base of the head.. name starts with a c.. I can't remember what it's called off hand.. it's Mexican or Aztec based mythology? I could be way off on that as well...
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Quetzalcoatl is what you were looking for, and I did imagine they would go with a combo Eastern Dragon/Feathered Serpent war mount
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

89er wrote:Quetzalcoatl is what you were looking for, and I did imagine they would go with a combo Eastern Dragon/Feathered Serpent war mount

That's it.. I knew there was a c in it. So not the beginning part. My bad. But a Quetzalcoatl style would definitely go with the Sapphire Cobra style.. And the feathers could be disguised vibroblades that when it goes into melee combat, they spread out and it 'shakes, twists, and rolls' (or a type of dance?) and shreds robots, ships and large critters.
And that's not counting what other type of weapons it might have hidden under its scaly hide.
taalismn
Priest

The winged serpent idea has merit...though I want to complete the three Warmounts I already have as WIPs before I'd tackle it...plus the illo would have to properly represent the Sapphire Cobras' ...colorful....design ethos.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:The winged serpent idea has merit...though I want to complete the three Warmounts I already have as WIPs before I'd tackle it...plus the illo would have to properly represent the Sapphire Cobras' ...colorful....design ethos.

Quit making me look bad guys :frust: ; I KNOW I've sorta abaondoned my "daughters" but hey, IRL has been a stone cold [CENSORED] lately, and it's all I can do to keep up with my own campaign materials... :badbad:
That and my players tend to be slllllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwww when it comes to picking up the pace (we're about 3 game sessions behind where everyone SHOULD be)

I'll see what I can do for the blue-scales...when I have time.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:The winged serpent idea has merit...though I want to complete the three Warmounts I already have as WIPs before I'd tackle it...plus the illo would have to properly represent the Sapphire Cobras' ...colorful....design ethos.

Quit making me look bad guys :frust: ; I KNOW I've sorta abaondoned my "daughters" but hey, IRL has been a stone cold [CENSORED] lately, and it's all I can do to keep up with my own campaign materials... :badbad:
That and my players tend to be slllllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwww when it comes to picking up the pace (we're about 3 game sessions behind where everyone SHOULD be)

No problem...we understand that we can't all be workaholics with workload suicide death wishes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

No problem...we understand that we can't all be workaholics with workload suicide death wishes.

That's what other people are for.. coming up with ideas and even statting some of them out to lighten the load on the main contributors.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[That's what other people are for.. coming up with ideas and even statting some of them out to lighten the load on the main contributors.

Sub-contractors to the virtual military-industrial complex. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Here's a new Shemarrian Wolf breed, only for the Nightmare Tribe this time.

Hellhound Nightmare Tribe Elite Wolf Breed

The Hellhound is a Nightmare Tribe variant of the standard Shemarrian Wolf, playing off legends of, and actual, hellhounds. These wolves are about 25% larger, have a more wild and vicious look to them, and have black fur and usually red or yellow eyes that glow. The fangs and claws are over sized, they breathe fire from their mouths and are known to have a death stare. Using phase technology, which the Nightmare Tribe isn't answering on how they acquired it, these wolves can take on a 'ghost-like' form, passing through obstacles, or even avoiding attacks, if they are aware of it, which lends to the disguise of them being real hellhounds.
Hellhounds are expensive and difficult to create due to the OP-Fields, making them rare. They are usually companions of high ranking members, or for important missions, especially in areas where there are a lot of superstitious folks, where sight of the hellhound will keep civilians away, keeping casualties lower.
Normal Shemarrian wolves will treat a hellhound as an alpha, but will also keep their distance, finding their presence slightly off putting, but will follow orders.

Hellhounds have 50% increase to M.D.C. to all locations, increase height to 5 feet, width (at shoulders) to 3 feet, length to 8 feet to the rump, plus 4 feet for the tail, and weight is increased to 900 lbs.
Strength is increased to 35, (43 for the jaws), and running speed is increased to 220 mph.
Leaping is 50% greater than standard Shemarrian wolves.
Hellhounds have 7 attacks per melee, making them more deadly than normal wolves.
Fur is black, made of light, IR and radar absorbing material, making them difficult to detect and see in shadows, granting a +15% bonus to prowl.
Vibroclaws deal 3d6 instead of 3d4, look far more vicious and wicked.
Bite deals 1d8x10 S.D.C. or 2d6 M.D on a restrained nip, 4d6 on a full strength bite, and 8D6 for a power bite (counts as two attacks).
Hellhounds can apparently breath fire---actually a short-range plasma projector firing through the mouth. Range is about 300 ft, and does 4d6 MD per shot. The hellhound can also ‘leak’ hot plasma-excited gas out of its mouth, adding 2d4 MD to a bite and giving it a fearsome ‘flaming mouth’ look, with glowing flames and smoke wafting from its jaws. This is a similar system to the Pyranine breed of wolf, but with shorter range, and slightly more powerful blasts.
Added to the eyes are lasers, giving the hellhound a death stare.
Eye Lasers
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD from both eyes simultaneously
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Bonus: +2 to strike (in addition to any other bonuses)
Hellhounds have OP-Fields (out of phase fields), which allow them to become insubstantial. When these fields are activated, for some reason, the edges of their fur takes on a slight hazy, or misty look, giving them a more ghost-like appearance. Activating the OP-Field takes an action, but can be combined with movement, allowing to run through walls quickly or through obstacles quickly. The OP-Field is designed for quick operation, allowing it to be activated and de-activated rapidly, allowing activation, movement through an obstacle then quick deactivation for a strike. This lends to the disguise of a real hellhound, lending to the legend that they are deadly ghosts that are difficult to harm.
Hellhounds also have a powerful, but contained self-destruct mechanism, that upon depletion of the main body M.D.C., a powerful plasma charge consumes the remains in a great ball of fire, leaving only ash and no trace of its mechanical nature. This plasma fire deals 3d6x10 to a 20 foot area, completely consuming the remains of the hellhound.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Here's a new Shemarrian Wolf breed, only for the Nightmare Tribe this time.

Hellhound Nightmare Tribe Elite Wolf Breed

The Hellhound is a Nightmare Tribe variant of the standard Shemarrian Wolf, playing off legends of, and actual, hellhounds. These wolves are about 25% larger, have a more wild and vicious look to them, and have black fur and usually red or yellow eyes that glow. The fangs and claws are over sized, they breathe fire from their mouths and are known to have a death stare. Using phase technology, which the Nightmare Tribe isn't answering on how they acquired it, these wolves can take on a 'ghost-like' form, passing through obstacles, or even avoiding attacks, if they are aware of it, which lends to the disguise of them being real hellhounds.
Hellhounds are expensive and difficult to create due to the OP-Fields, making them rare. They are usually companions of high ranking members, or for important missions, especially in areas where there are a lot of superstitious folks, where sight of the hellhound will keep civilians away, keeping casualties lower.
Normal Shemarrian wolves will treat a hellhound as an alpha, but will also keep their distance, finding their presence slightly off putting, but will follow orders.

Hellhounds have 50% increase to M.D.C. to all locations, increase height to 5 feet, width (at shoulders) to 3 feet, length to 8 feet to the rump, plus 4 feet for the tail, and weight is increased to 900 lbs.
Strength is increased to 35, (43 for the jaws), and running speed is increased to 220 mph.
Leaping is 50% greater than standard Shemarrian wolves.
Hellhounds have 7 attacks per melee, making them more deadly than normal wolves.
Fur is black, made of light, IR and radar absorbing material, making them difficult to detect and see in shadows, granting a +15% bonus to prowl.
Vibroclaws deal 3d6 instead of 3d4, look far more vicious and wicked.
Bite deals 1d8x10 S.D.C. or 2d6 M.D on a restrained nip, 4d6 on a full strength bite, and 8D6 for a power bite (counts as two attacks).
Hellhounds can apparently breath fire---actually a short-range plasma projector firing through the mouth. Range is about 300 ft, and does 4d6 MD per shot. The hellhound can also ‘leak’ hot plasma-excited gas out of its mouth, adding 2d4 MD to a bite and giving it a fearsome ‘flaming mouth’ look, with glowing flames and smoke wafting from its jaws. This is a similar system to the Pyranine breed of wolf, but with shorter range, and slightly more powerful blasts.
Added to the eyes are lasers, giving the hellhound a death stare.
Eye Lasers
Hellhounds have OP-Fields (out of phase fields), which allow them to become insubstantial. When these fields are activated, for some reason, the edges of their fur takes on a slight hazy, or misty look, giving them a more ghost-like appearance. Activating the OP-Field takes an action, but can be combined with movement, allowing to run through walls quickly or through obstacles quickly. The OP-Field is designed for quick operation, allowing it to be activated and de-activated rapidly, allowing activation, movement through an obstacle then quick deactivation for a strike. This lends to the disguise of a real hellhound, lending to the legend that they are deadly ghosts that are difficult to harm.
Hellhounds also have a powerful, but contained self-destruct mechanism, that upon depletion of the main body M.D.C., a powerful plasma charge consumes the remains in a great ball of fire, leaving only ash and no trace of its mechanical nature. This plasma fire deals 3d6x10 to a 20 foot area, completely consuming the remains of the hellhound.

I think I'll pre-empt DhAkael by saying something along the lines of:
Kydian Warrior: "They breath fire. They shoot lasers from their eyes. They run through walls. Why don't we save everybody the trouble and shoot OURSELVES?"
:ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

I think I'll pre-empt DhAkael by saying something along the lines of:
Kydian Warrior: "They breath fire. They shoot lasers from their eyes. They run through walls. Why don't we save everybody the trouble and shoot OURSELVES?"
:ok:

Ninja'd :badbad:
LOL! J/K :ok:
Yeah, that is something I'd have posted... get outta my head y'mind reader. :P :fool:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[
Yeah, that is something I'd have posted... get outta my head y'mind reader. :P :fool:

If I can find my way safely to the exit...it's dark in here and I keep tripping over stu-oh, sorry, ma'am, was that your absinthe bottle that sent me crashing onto my back? :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Had a mental breakthrough on the Vatfathers and am proceeding on version of them(somewhat different, larger, heavier, from what you sent me, 89er, but still true to concept). Adapting what I can from existing material....the tough stuff will be the wholly new technologies. Work proceeds on three other Elites.
Spacecraft and vehicles taking a backseat, again, though.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Do what needs to be done, I knew it would change anyways.
Just work your magic, take what you want, and break it out when it's ready.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Do what needs to be done, I knew it would change anyways.
Just work your magic, take what you want, and break it out when it's ready.

Yeah, well, inspiration hit again after work...right after I left the parking lot. The combination of swilling iced tea, even in winter, + long car trip, seems to work wonders. Apparently my muse likes to drive mildly caffinated(or under the influence of tannic acid).
Worked on three different Elites today....fugue mode....Plus we;re expecting heavy snow this friday...that means indoors time and time to work with the ol' sketch pad... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Codex Shemarrian updated to reflect added projects and new additions. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Codex Shemarrian updated to reflect added projects and new additions. :bandit:

Huzzah! Although.. A link to the page that the entries are on would help people who are searching for something specific. I know trying to search through 37 pages can get tedious.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Codex Shemarrian updated to reflect added projects and new additions. :bandit:

Huzzah! Although.. A link to the page that the entries are on would help people who are searching for something specific. I know trying to search through 37 pages can get tedious.

I personally don't know how to do that(embed a link buried under text that will take you directly toa specific location), YET, but I'll see what I can do(add to list of 'things I must learn').
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

A failsafe plan for the long term:

In the event of the Eshemar becoming extinct or being obliterated, several plans were put into place for eventual proposal. One such plan is the Sons of Shemar, a colony ship created to transport and restart the Eshemar from scratch. Twelve new tribes would be made, a new mythology guiding them. Much still has to be decided, but there is potential.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

I personally don't know how to do that(embed a link buried under text that will take you directly toa specific location), YET, but I'll see what I can do(add to list of 'things I must learn').

When I get time, I might try compiling all the stuff into a single file with links within the file (a quick and dirty netbook?) and make it into a pdf. But that's when I have time. Would take awhile to sort through and organize all of this stuff. Although I don't remember how to do the linking within a pdf off hand. something to learn in my spare time :oops:
taalismn
Priest

We're all BRILLIANT at creating fictitious stuff, but when it comes to the real nuts and bolts? E-reader or Kindle, I'm more likely to use the things for napping flint and making stone axe heads. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Lost Eclipse Tisiphonii Elite
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img317_zps1109874c.jpg

The dark winged shape stepped over the still-collapsing, still-steaming, corpse of the gargoyle. Razor-sharp, metal-shod, knive-bladed heels struck sparks from the stone floor as the nightmare strode forward, great bat wings streaming above and behind like some dark cloud of menace flowing from the creature.
Glowing eyes regarded the blue-skinned demoness, trapped within a thick sheath of ice, her own eyes glaring furiously from behind her frozen prison.
“You were warned about poaching on our territory. All that lies within these lands is -ours-!”
Without looking, a black-nailed hand shot out, grabbed the bare shoulder of the young sacrificial maiden cowering behind the obscene altar and trying not to be noticed between the two monsters. There was a brief cry and shudder as one sharp fingernail stabbed deep followed by a crackle and a blue spark, and a body slumped bonelessly to the floor but for the firm grip now held on one arm.
“You sought to re-establish your cult here in the eastern lands away from the Coalition States, brought your followers and your wretched ways to begin anew. But the shadows here are already claimed.”
There was a series of dull thuds, and the trapped water-demoness glanced away from her unwelcome visitor to look down, Even through her icy prison she could recognize the heads, sans bodies, of her chief cultists, rolling around her sanctum. Clearly, like the gargoyle henchbeings now lying in similar disconnected pieces, they had failed in their duty to protect their infernal liege.
Not breaking her gaze on the captive demoness, the winged nightmare gathered up the unconscious sacrifice under one arm and began to rise silently into the air and into the night now visible where there had been, only minutes ago, a temple roof.
“There is no second warning. You brought them and yourself only to your end.”
There was another series of dull thumpings as several heavy objects fell around the flash-frozen demoness. She’d been on this planet long enough to recognize explosive devices, and could even recognize the specific type in this case. Plasma charges, powerful enough to boil even a water-based malign demigoddess into non-existence.
She spent her final moments cursing everything but herself for the turn of events.

The Tisiphonii Elite are a Lost Eclipse Tribe Elite form apparently inspired by the Hawkmoons’ frequent use of cyberwings as an Upgrade. Tisiphonii, however, more visibly resemble succubi or NeaSyak(a d-bee species and ex-Dyval Minion race frequently confused with the succubi). Tisiphonii are also decidedly quite beautiful in face and body, whereas many Lost Eclipse Tribesmembers favor disfigured appearances. Beautiful, that is, but for the enormous batwings sprouting from their backs and the barbed prehensile tail. In low light, their head antennae can easily be mistaken for horns, except for their flexibility.
Tisiphonii are based on the Berserker frame, but are fitted with modified cyberwings on their back. An extra tail apppendage has been added, and various specialized weapons systems integrated into the whole. Dark gray skins are the most common, but some Tisiphonii have gone with blue skins, pale white, or other colors, and may add elaborate tattooing(especially with glow effects) for visual drama. Tisiphonii favor Naruni-style thermokinetic stealth body armor. However, their wings CANNOT be reinforced with additional armor.
Like their nameshake, the Fury Tisiphone(“Vengeful Destruction”), the Tisiphonii are elite aerial commandos used to strike terror in the hearts of the Tribe’s enemies. They are also often used to interrogate prisoners, using their good looks and mistaken identity as demonesses to disconcert and menace prisoners.
Because of their similar(inherited?) electronic stealth capabilities, Tisphonii often work closely with Shemarrian Males to completely jam up enemies. It is not uncommon for a ground force of Males to case a target and throw up a wall of communications jamming to better allow the aerial Tisphonii to glide in and strike, and it is not unusual for wings of Tisphonii to provide airborne jammming for commando units of Males.
Many Tisiphonii arm themselves with TW weapons or get PPE amulets and TW Upgrades(or their ‘fake’ equivalents) to better appear as magic avengers or supernatural creatures. Paralyzing or incapacitiating weapons such as Magic Net, Carpet of Adhesion, Cloud of Fear, or Flash Freeze grenades are favorites, allowing the parapsychic gynoids to capture targets for interrogation or protracted torment.

Type: Shemar Tisiphonii Elite
Class: Robot Gynoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 18 each
Upper Arms(2) 90 each
Forearms(2) 70 each
Armor Gauntlets(2) 50 each
Legs(2) 130 each
Leg Sabers(2) 50 each
Head 90
Antennae(2) 1o each
Protective Armored Headress 75
Main Body 270*
Wings(2) 75 each
Tail 50

*Typically wears light armor; 60-85 MDC

Height: 8 ft ,
Width: 2.5 ft, 11 ft wingspan
Length: 3.2 ft
Weight: 1,000 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 36, PP. 28, P.B. 16+2d6.
Cargo: None; only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 90 MPH
Jumping: 20 ft up/across standing leap. A running leap(40 MPH or faster) adds 10 ft to distance up/across. Using the wings, the gynoid can glide an extra 30-50 ft.
Flying: 80 MPH, maximum altitude of 6,000 ft. Can also silently glide from heights.
Underwater: The Tisiphonii can swim awkwardly at about 6 MPH, maximum depth of 2,000 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, and spread throughout the tribes. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

* Electronic Counter-Measure and Communications Sensor Suite---Identical to the ‘black box’ systems carried by Shemarrian Males.
-Targeting Uplink---Can link up to 24 other Shemarrians/robots in a 25 mile radius, giving them a +1 to strike and initiative when attacking the same target.
-Jamming--Can jam enemy communications with 65% success.
-Guided Missile Jamming---Same as for the Male Shemarrian; on a successful Electronic Countermeasures roll, missiles are -5 to strike. Alternatively, using a laser signal(range of 2,000 ft), the Shemarrian can cause the guided missile to be -7 to strike.

Weapons Systems:
1) Wing Lasers(2) ---Mounted on the ‘thumb’ joint of each wing is a small, but powerful, laser similar to that mounted on the Titan Robotics’ Flying Titan power armor.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD per shot, 4d6 MD per simultaneous shot from both wings(counts as one attack).

2) Eye Lasers(2)---The Tisphoniis’ glowing gaze is more than just scary; it’s deadly.

3) Arm Claw/Laser Gauntlets(2)---Identical to those carried by Shemarrian Warriors. The gauntlets are sometimes modified to carry a vibro-sword instead of claws, and often feature additional extendable blades along the forearm and elbow, allowing the Tisiphonii to do damage with an elbow strike(1d6 MD) or forearm block/parry(1d4 MD).
Options:
-Silver-Bonded Ripper Blade(sword)--- 4d4 MD and poisons beings susceptible to silver.
-Some Tisiphonii have been known to substitute captured/acquired Juicer FIWS(Forearm Integral Weapons System) gauntlets with particle beam blasters in place of the Shemarrian laser-gaunts.

4) MicroWave Wing Projection---When not engaged in energy-intensive combat flying, the wings can serve as a large projection antennae for microwaves. Though not powerful enough to do damage to heavy armor, the microwaves ARE an effective and invisible anti-personnel weapon, able to inflict sudden and incapacitating pain on victims, and to knock out unshielded electronics. Tisphoniis often use this capability to intimidate enemies and as a crowd control device.
Range: 150 ft (80 ft for megadamage blasts)
Damage: Tunable; Normal blasts do 3d6-6d6 SD to a single target, or to a 30 ft wide area. The blast bypasses padded, plastic, and ceramic armors(even MD types) and does HALF damage through them. Metal armor and heavier robots/power armor/vehicles provide shielding, though
there’s a 25% chance of the microwave radiation knocking out communications and sensory gear for 1d4 minutes. The Tisphoniis can focus and use this setting to inflict burning pain on targets, forcing them to make checks versus non-lethal poison or be disoriented and shocked(lose initiative and HALF bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, and roll for 1d6 melees even after the beam is turned off) unless they turn and run.
The shorter ranged megadamage blasts do 2d4 MD to an 8 ft wide area and does 2d6 SDC damage through padded, plastic, and ceramic armors. Metal armor, power armor, and robots are proof enough, but there’s a 50% chance of the microwave radiation knocking out communications and sensory gear for 1d4 minutes.
Payload: Effectively unlimited

5) Leg Sabres(2)---A common fashion accessory for Tisphoniis is a pair of boot-like braces fitted to the lower legs, with a high heel-like spur running along the back of the calf. The spur is a sheath for a retractable vibro-sword that can be extended out past the gynoid’s heel, giving extra impalement damage to a kick or stomp. Some Tisphoniis use silver-plated ‘ripper’ blades for extra damage against silver-vulnerable enemies.
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d4 MD on a slash, or +2d6 MD to a kick
Options:
-Silver-Bonded Ripper Blade(Sword)--- 3d6 MD and poisons beings susceptible to silver.

6) Prehensile Tail---The long tail of a Tisphonii is fully articulated and prehensile, and ends in a vicious vibroblade.
Range: Melee; roughly 10 ft long
Damage: 1d6 MD on a slash, 2d4 MD on a stab
Options:
-Silver-Bonded Ripper Blade(bayonet)--- 2d6 MD and poisons beings susceptible to silver.
-Venom Injector---The tail can be fitted to inject drugs or toxins(24 doses possible from the tail injector).
-Plasma Torch---This incorporates a plasma or laser torch into the tail. The tail end can be wrapped in plasma(+2d4 MD to a stab), or does 4d6 MD on a full melee of cutting. 10 ft range.

7) (Optional) Wing Blades----Copying the Gargoyles of Europe, some Tisphonii further accessorize by adding blades to their wings.
Damage: 1d6 MD for molecular blades, 2d6 MD for vibroblades.

Programming/Skills:
The skills of the EShemar Tisphonii depend on their origins as Warriors or Berserkers, and their level of experience.
BORN EShemar Tisphonii share all the basic Shemarrian programming, basic combat and espionage/reconnaissance. They also have the following skills:
Acrobatics(60%+5% per level of experience)
Electronic Countermeasures 92%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: +2 (12 for born Tisphonii )
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +4
Dodge +10, +11 in flight
Parry +10
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +2
Strike +9 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +4
Pull Punch +6
Disarm +5
Entangle +3
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Controlled SDC Punch 2d6+15 SDC
Restrained Punch/Slap 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Claw Strike 3d6 MD
Power Claw Attack (2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Head Butt 1d4 MD
Kick 3d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 5d8 MD
Karate Power Attack(2 attacks) 5d8+6 MD
Flying Karate Kick(2 attacks) 5d8+8 MD
Body Block/Tackle 1d6 MD
Tail Lash 1d6 MD
Tail Stab 2d4 MD
Wing Slash 1d4 MD
Wing Slap 2d6+16 SDC, plus 50% chance of knocking a (humanoid) opponent off their feet(lose 1 APM and initiative getting back up)

Options:
-Many Tisiphonii get PPE amulets and TW Upgrades to better appear as magic avengers or supernatural creatures.
‘Faux’ Magic(see Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter #53) devices are also possible and often preferred(as they emit no actual PPE signature, potentially confusing those sensitive to such things).

-Contra-Gravity Booster---Available only to Shemarrian Star Nation Lost Eclipse members; can now hit speeds of 250 MPH(660 MPH in space), +1 to dodge, and has NO altitude limit.

-Many Tisiphonii also add extra anti-personnel weaponry in the form of such ‘minor’ Upgrades as tazer-finger claws, fangs and envenomed bite, and chemical spray(‘demon breath’ is a favorite). Some even go as far as to incorporate chemical(or alcohol-fueled) flamethrowers into their mouths(typical range of about 50 ft, and doing 5d6 SD or 1d4 MD per blast, 15 shots before needing a refill).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

New Shemarrian Weapons

Skullcrusher ‘Spoilsporting’

“Glorious Leader, attempts to study the alien energy weapons have encountered problems...The last effort to reverse-engineer the alien projectile weapon resulted in an automatic discharge that fired off three shots, two of which penetrated to the deck above and killed a technician, disabling two others. The weapon then exploded in a thermal-acidic explosion, the acid dissolving the laboratory table, disabling a laboratory technician, and starting a fire that took several minutes to put out. Much equipment was lost. Our attempts to study the alien artifacts have been delayed by this damage.”

‘Spolilsports’ are merely standard Skullcrusher weapons wrapped in a new protective casing that gives them a more techno-organic look. However, the casings also conceal a number of safeguards against unauthorized personnel tampering with, using, or attempting to salvage dropped Shemarrian weaponry. If a dropped(and still functional) Shemar weapon with ‘spoilsport’ is tampered with by unauthorized parties, the weapon will automatically fire off its remaining shots, then will messily self-destruct via binary acid capsules in its structure. These acid capsules have the side effect of going off rather messily, doing damage to structures(and ideally the tampering party) in the immediate vicinity of the weapon, not only destroying the weapon and obliterating its secrets, but ideally maiming those attempting to steal them.
Range: (Acid Spatter) 5 ft radius
Damage: (Acid) Destroys the weapon, and does 2d4 MD the first melee and an additional 1d6 MD per melee for 1d6 melees.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

how does it know who is an authorized party? that is one of my big issues with "boobytrap" based reverse engineering prevention.. traps usually are not going to be able to tell if tampering is authorized or not, and you don't want to have your guns/vehicles/ships/whatever killing your own maintenance crews..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:how does it know who is an authorized party? that is one of my big issues with "boobytrap" based reverse engineering prevention.. traps usually are not going to be able to tell if tampering is authorized or not, and you don't want to have your guns/vehicles/ships/whatever killing your own maintenance crews..

In this case I should probably specify biometric sensors or rather a short range transponder chip system similar to modern 'chipped' gun systems(where the chip is in a wrist band held in close proximity to the gun allowing it to unlock for use). The boobytrap is only armed when going into combat, and disarmed when coming out(or by the knowledgeable maintenance teams who are in on the scheme). Plus Tribe Elders come down HARD on anybody who stupidly turns over a still-armed Spoilsport to an unsuspecting servitor, and on maintenance crews who forget proper protocol(provided anybody survived the accident).

Now admittedly this makes things hard for say, the random resistance fighter on a Splugorth-held world who stumbles across a battlefield where Shemarrians LOST, and tries to salvage some weapons to continue the fight against the Spluggies, but the Skullcrushers don't exactly have a reputation of being considerate of long shots like that....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

For 89er; I honestly didn’t think this thing WOULD or COULD be done....so, of course, here it is.

Lost Eclipse VatFather
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img330_zps893f39a3.jpg

“Hail and glory, oh mighty War Goddess! Wait ‘til you hear what idea I came up with last night! Better yet, let me show you...”

“Ah! How good to see you, Chieftain Shadowsheart! I see you brought me a new lab assistant!”
“*mfphf!*”
“Is that what you’re calling the guinea pigs these days? ‘Lab assistants’? Just a reminder; NO vivisections!”
“*erghk!*”
“Nuts.”
“No dissections either. “
“*-eerrff!!!!!*”
“Killjoy.”
“Just...no....We might want to trade this one later, or something. So nothing immediately or eventually fatal, permanently scarring or deeply traumatizing. Keep it humane. Use sedatives and warm up the instruments first.”
“*...grrgllgg!!*”
“You’re limiting my options here.”
“You’re the genius; deal with it.”

“Wanna puppy? It doesn’t explode or anything.”

“BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I’VE -DONE- IT! NOW I’LL SHOW THOSE FOOLS WHO SAID IT COULDN’T BE DONE BY UNLEASHING M-wait, right, I don’t do that any more...I’ll invite them over for a nice sociable presentation with refreshments and demonstration under closely controlled conditions and I’ll invite their critical thoughts on improvement and application. Safety first, y’know.”

VatFather:(scrutinizing the massive orb of flesh levitating in the middle of the room, dwarfed arms and legs sticking out in futility, sheer terror written on the face sticking out of one side of the ball) “Hmmmm...I can see why you asked for my consultancy! This requires-”
Mage: “I’ll just cast a Negate Magic spell to remove this curse-”
*WHACK!*
“Urk!”
VatFather: “You fool! You said so yourself! ‘Curse’! Open your eyes and observe! Don’t just blunder on ahead! This is clearly a multilevel affliction with several layers! Biological inflation, levitation, negation of mass, violation of biology and physics on several levels! What if your spell only negated one layer, one effect, of the situation?! What if you only negated the levitation affect, and the patient was subsequently crushed to death under their own weight?! Or whatever was holding them together quit and they burst like an overfilled balloon?! We must proceed with caution here! I need a deep scanner and bio-telemetry hookups, and a backup life support system for the patient! This problem must be carefully studied before the appropriate action can be taken! We’re not barbarians, after all, attacking every problem with blunt force or in this case, a sharp instrument!”

It is unknown what Lost Eclipse Elder said ‘Even Madness has a Use”, but that sums up the philosophy behind the VatFather. ‘Necessity is the Mother of Invention, but Temporary Insanity MIGHT be the Father” is another. The VatFather is a MALE Elite class designed as scientific and material support for the Shemarrian warmachine.
The dark secret is that the VatFather was originally conceived of as a way of controlling and utilizing certain mad geniuses that the Lost Eclipse(and the EShemar as a whole) had captured and wanted to use, rather than kill. The infamous Hoyt Sparks was one of the (if not THE) first VatFathers; a classic example of a brilliant mind, too deranged to be allowed to run unchecked, but too useful to let rot in prison or destroy. Transplanted or mind-transferred into a more easily controlled physical form, it was felt that these ‘dark lights’ could still be of use to the Shemarrian Nation(and sentient life), allowed to carry on their work under close supervision.
VatFathers are large and heavy-build(sumo wrestler build) MALE cyborgs roughly as tall as a War Goddess, but much heavier and bulkier, carried on almost elephantine-thick legs. The torso is barrel-like, and the head disproportionately small. The large torso is covered with what looks like a thick vest holding multiple globular ‘cysts’ or plastic sacs; in fact the ‘vest’ is attached directly to the frame of the cyborg and cannot be removed, and the ‘cysts’ are in fact partially embedded in the body of the VatFather. VatFathers sport FOUR antennae, in part to handle the enormous amount of wireless data they commonly process as well as to signal their Elite status. They are traditionally bald, with what little, if any, hair they may possess being limited to a small patch of scalp, like a ponytail or mohawk cut. Like other Male Shemarrians, the VatFather features skin tattoos, but these are actually animated, crawling across the cyborg’s skin and often depicting animals, technology(working gears are a favorite), or molecules(DNA is common). VatFathers are heavily armored, and enormously strong, yet surprisingly agile, though both of the latter characteristics are deliberately tuned down in those probationers not yet considered to be fully rehabilitated. They are also fairly slow compared to other Shemarrians and cyborgs, even with the VatFathers’ speed limiters turned off.
The VatFather is part mobile laboratory and part walking Assembly Forge, their massive bodies packed with advanced nanomanufactory equipment and capability. With a thought, VatFathers are able to activate and direct their bodies to manufacture technology in the various ‘hotbox’ bubble-casings carried embedded in their skin. Ironically, the VatFathers incorporate an internal form of the neurological interface used between ARCHIE-3 and his organic ‘idea men’ in order to allow the VatFather greater ease and accuracy in rendering their ideas into prototype form. Besides prototyping, the VatFathers can also use these bodily nanofactories to produce new hand weapons, manufacture components, and even create ammunition.
One field in particular that the VatFathers seem to have taken on almost as a mandatory avocation is faking magic(see Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter #53), taking it beyond what ARCHIE-3 had done with the idea. Even with the Wayfinders spreading PPE generators and TechnoWizardy implant technology throughout the Tribes, the VatFathers still feel that any sufficiently advanced technology should be indistinguishable from magic. Besides, figuring out how to fake magic is more fun and messes the $#!+ with the practitioners of the ‘real’ stuff. So many VatFathers are accomplished sleight of hand stage magicians and experts at fabricating fake mystical covers for mundane technological attacks and actions. This makes the VatFathers, when encountered, look like powerful warlocks, in addition to engines of techno-creation.
(Note however that VatFathers shun technowizardry, and will NOT incorporate TW into themselves or their creations, preferring their own take on SCIENCE to advance Shemarrian progress.)
The fact that the VatFather was originally a walking cyborg gulag for mad scientists is now overshadowed by the arise of ‘modern’ VatFathers of wholly EShemar origins. There is a growing percentage of MADE(as in Upgraded or Progen-spawned) VatFathers now circulating amongst the Tribes. Many of these new Elites are former apprentices of the original cyborged VatFathers, minus the taint of (raging) insanity. These wholly Shemarrian VatFathers are much more sociable and open than their mentors and work well with Tinkers and Seeresses.
Of the original cyborg VatFathers, though they know that the cyborg frame was originally meant as a sort of prison for them, many of the probationers, even after serving their sentences and offered the chance to be restored to more normal bodies, have refused, finding that they rather ENJOY their new existences. These rehabbed mad scientists have the full range of capabilities of their cyborg bodies unlocked/enabled, and access to templates and production facilities. Working for the Shemarrians, as NeShemar, the ex-rogues now have both funding, support, and a steady stream of challenges to keep them busy; from figuring out how to build better mousetraps to re-tasking WMDs to more benign purposes. VatFathers can be found in Shemarrian space doing such tasks as figuring out the next big anti-Splugorth device and reverse engineering Dominator technology.
While the original VatFathers(and subsequent cyborgs) have tended to be possessed of great manias and insanities(they are, after all, MAD scientists), their trained protégés tend to be rather more restrained in manner, willing to work with others of their kind, and generally more disciplined. However, they do tend to have a streak of creative madness, partially the reason why they were elevated to the Elite status in the first place. Thus, it is not unusual for VatFathers to exhibit strong and bizarre aberrant behaviors, such as obsessions with cats or crabs, collecting exotic elements, watching masked wrestling, or studying mixology(though any drink offered by a VatFather should be regarded with caution and suspicion).
VatFathers rarely ever travel alone; they typically are accompanied by an entourage of security guards(especially if the VatFather is still under probation), assistants, interns, and fellow researchers. The VatFathers’ value as engineers and techno-conjurers makes him extremely valuable to the Tribes, so the VatFathers are rarely allowed to go anywhere unescorted. Initially, the cyborg VatFathers were not allowed access to personal transportation, for fear of the escape risk(their tremendous size and weight also prevents all but the stronger warmounts from being able to carry them), but that restriction has since been lifted, and modern VatFathers have access to special warmounts and vehicles able to accommodate their mass(as well as that of the gear and equipment they invariably lug around with them).
VatFathers are not considered to be front line combatants, and are rarely allowed to take part in fighting. However, they are more than capable of handling their own self-defense, using a combination of their electromagnetic manipulation, fake magic, personal heavy weapons, and possible attendant drones to dominate any would-be attackers. Worse yet, they tend to be cunning geniuses, fond of traps and clever strategies using available materials. A VatFather with time to ‘McGuyver’ something up and set up a killing ground is a very dangerous thing.
As Males, VatFathers CANNOT command (female) Shemarrian combat troops, nor can they head up Tribes. They are generally regarded as being equivalent in rank to Tinkers, or at best the Seeress caste.
Though originally exclusive to the Lost Eclipse Tribe, VatFathers(presumably the apprentices of the original cyborgs) have appeared in the service of other Tribes(though, notably, NEVER the Hawkmoon clan, who have voiced distrust of anything associated with Hoyt Sparks). It is unknown if these individuals are Lost Eclipse members ‘on loan’ to sister Tribes, are permanent adoptees, or are Unattached on walkabout temporary employment. On several occasions, communities known to be affiliated with the Shemarrian Star Nation in the Three Galaxies have been discovered to have a resident VatFather as a science advisor or local liaison to the local president, king, or overlord.

Note: It is unknown what the Lost Eclipse does with FEMALE mad geniuses, if the VatFather is what they do with MALE mad geniuses.

Type: Shemar VatFather Elite
Class: Robot Android
Crew: Cyborg, Transferred Intelligence, or Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 50 each
Arms(2) 280 each
Legs(2) 300 each
Head 150
Antennae(4) 20 each
Main Body 600
Prototype Gestation Cysts(10) 30 each

*Cannot wear normal Shemarrian armor, but CAN wear specially made cyborg plate

Height: 10 feet ,
Width: 5.5 ft feet
Length: 4.2 feet ,
Weight: 2,000 lbs.
Power System: Supposedly Nuclear, but really use an advanced power source; zero point or so-called ‘vacuum energy’, giving the VatFathers a virtually limitless source of power.
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 50(probationers are typically limited to PS. 10), PP. 24(probationers are typically limited to PP. 10 ), P.B. of 2d6, I.Q. 2d6+11.
Cargo: Only what can be carried strapped to the body or carried in the arms
Speed:
Running: 45 MPH(probationers are typically limited to 10 MPH)
Jumping: Not really designed for leaping; can manage a paltry 8 ft up/across, +6 ft with a running start.
Flying: Can hover and slowly fly via magnetic repulsion/levitation at 4 MPH, maximum altitude of 6,000 ft.
Underwater: Can safely tolerate depths of down to 3,000 ft and run along the bottom at 5 MPH.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Tool Hands---The VatFather’s hands and forearms are similar to those of the Spinster/Tinkers in that they conceal an array of tools, combining the features of the Schematic Sensor and Tool Hands. What isn’t hand-mounted is located in the forearms. Each hand has a mini-flash light, soldering iron, small drills/screwdrivers, probes, voltmeter, wire cutters, and other useful tools, as well as a short range EM sensor for mapping and tracing circuits and conduits.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by all the Tribes. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material. Between this and the demands of the nanofactories and gestation cysts, VatFathers have something of a reputation for being gluttons, feeding themselves to stoke the engines of industry in their bellies.

*Techno-Gestation Cysts---The ten crystalline globes embedded in the VatFather’s skin are manufactory pods for prototyping cybernetic organisms. These are most commonly used to create small-scale Warmount prototypes. The size of the cysts limits the size of the prototype; though typically larger ‘baby warmounts’ are created curled up in a fetal or embryonic state in the gestation cyst.
While attached to the VatFather, the cysts are plugged into the nanite systems of the cyborg, who directs the creation of the new cybernetic organism. The cysts can be removed, to be used as storage, or plugged into an Assembly Forge to be used as a template for the full-sized version of the prototyped Warmount.
Depending on the complexity of the prototype, gestating a ‘techno-chibii’ can take anywhere from twenty-four hours or so to six months.
The cysts can also be used to manufacture existing small cyberanimals for use as pets, techno-familiars, or defender drones, if the VatFather has the template(s) for such critters. A VatFather can mass-produce an existing design much more quickly than a prototype thanks to the design already being laid out:
Example: *Drone Assembly---The onboard manufactory can produce EcoS-D06LE and EcoS-D07LE drones(or can be programmed to produce other similar ‘bots) from scratch.
Typical rate of assembly:
-EcoS-D06LE ---Up to 10 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 1 MD or 200 SDC of consumed materials to produce 8 drones
-EcoS-D07LE ---Up to 10 can be produced in a HALF- hour. Typically it takes about 25 MD of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.
If not producing drones, the VatFather can use his gestation-cysts to produce simple tools or ammunition; can produce 10 high explosive/incendiary/ acid/malnano grenades/shells or 100 rounds of solid rail gun ammunition per hour, if properly supplied with the right materials. More sophisticated items and components will take longer, depending on their requirements.
The VatFather can also produce nanites, though of benign/constructive types(unless given special permission by the Tribal Elders). This allows the VatFather to manufacture the nanites used in their own prototype manufacturing. Other types of nanites can be produced, however, given the right templates. Typically, the VatFather can produce enough nanites(or micro-robots) in a single gestation-cyst for four IRMSS/IRVT/RAU/RMK/RSU medical kits in an hour.
It is for this manufacturing ability that probationer VatFathers are monitored closely and not given access to potentially dangerous production templates.

Weapons Systems:
1) ElectroMagnetic Vortex Cannon(2) --Mounted in the palms of the VatFathers’ hands are the projection nodes for firing invisible bolts of electromagnetic force.
Range: (EM Bolt) 800 ft
(Scattershot Bolt) 400 ft, covers 15 ft area
(SDC Shot) 800 ft
(Stun Vortex) 300 ft
(Shock Ball) 300 ft
Damage: (EM Bolt) 4d6 MD per shot
(Scattershot Bolt) 2d4 MD to everything in 15 ft area
(SDC Shot) 6d6 SDC per bolt
(Stun Vortex) None; has 80% chance of knocking down human-sized targets(lose initiative and 1 action/attack getting up), plus 60% chance of knocking them out, stunning them with concussion effects(-10 to strike, parry, roll, and dodge, lose initiative, lose HALF speed and actions/attacks for 1d4 melees!)
(Shock ball) Basically an electrically-charged Stun Vortex that works like a more powerful Taser. No damage, but humanoids struck with this weapon must save vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for 1D6 minutes. Cyborgs have an 80% chance of having their cybernetics disrupted for 1D10 minutes, and a 40% chance of a non-vital system being permanently shorted out.
Rate of Fire:(EM Bolt)(Scattershot Bolt)(SDC Shot)(Stun Vortex) ECHH
Bonus: Laser targeting add +1 to strike. EM bolts are -6 to dodge, on top of that!

2) ElectroMagnetic Manipulation---By drawing upon the power of the vacuum energy generator, a VatFather can manipulate electromagnetic phenomenon in his immediate area, including levitating metal objects, deflecting metal projectiles, negating magnetic fields(including those effects generated by superpowers), and even blunt ion and particle beam attacks. If the VatFather doesn’t already have the psionic ability of Electrokinesis, this capability is easily mistaken for it.
Range: (Electromagnetic Forcefield) 50 ft range
(Electrokinetic Lift) 40 ft
(Electrokinetic Throw)Can throw objects of 1,000 lbs or lighter up to 300 ft. 40 ft per action spent for objects over 1,000 lbs.
Damage:(Electromagnetic Forcefield) Deflects metal projectiles, such as mortar shells, grenades, metal-headed arrows, bullets, shrapnel, and rail gun rounds. Missiles and rockets can be parried at +4. Ion, Neutron, Particle Beam and Plasma weapons do HALF damage.
The Electromagnetic Forcefield will also negate similar EM forcefields it comes in contact with, taking down their properties(note, however, that there’s a 40% chance that the contact will do the same for the VatFather’s EM protection) opening up a window of opportunity for the VatFather to use his own weapons to strike the other EM generator.
(Electrokinetic Lift) The VatFather’s electromagnetic field can lift up to 2,000 lbs of metal per action spent, so spending two actions per melee the VarFather can lift up to 4,000 lbs.
(Electrokinetic Throw) The VatFather can THROW lifted weights of metal(takes 2 actions; one to lift, the other to throw) up to 40 ft, +40 ft per additional action/attack spent doing so (Example: A VatFather spends 2 APMs lifting a 4,000 lb machine press into the air, then spends two more APMs tossing the heavy object 80 ft).
Objects under 400 lbs will do 2d8-5d8 SD
Objects of 400 lbs will do 1d4 MD, plus 1d4 MD per additional 400 lbs.
Bonuses:
-Sense Electrical Devices: 50 ft range
-Manipulate Electrical Devices---Can turn on and off simple electrical devices(number equal to the VatFather’s I.Q.) in a 100 ft range.

3) Laser Fingers(4)---Two fingers of each hand are variable-mode lasers, used as tools, but also as blasters.
Range: 400 ft
Damage: 1d6 SD, 3d6 SD, or 1d6 MD per single blast

Magic Emulation Systems:
VatFathers are infatuated with these fake magic systems, and often self-modify themselves with new systems of their own design. A VatFather will typically have the mechanisms for 2d4 Faux Magic effects from the following list(see Rifter #53, Damon Sutton, pgs 40-43) built into them. Alternatively, GMs may come up with new systems:
-Blinding Flash
-Cloud of Smoke
-See The Invisible
-Thunderclap
-Chameleon(requires the VatFather to be wearing robe-like garments)
-Concealment
-Heavy Breathing
-Armor of Ithan
-Energy Bolt
-Carpet of Adhesion
-Energy Field
-Magic Net
-Fire Bolt
-Multiple Image
-Circle of Flame
-Energy Disruption
-Apparition
-Fire Ball
-Magic Pigeon
-Tongues
-Wind Rush
-Spoil
-Agony
-Familiar Link---easy enough to do, given that the VatFather can manufacture ‘animal’ companions.
-Summon and Control Rodents---Either the real thing, summoned by pheromones, or hordes of disguised rat-bots.
-Create Mummy/Zombie

Psionic Abilities: Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation(NO ISP cost to use)
Other psionic powers may be ‘faked’ through the use of cunningly disguised technology or overtly deployed super-technology.

Programming/Skills:
Probationers (cyborg implants or mind transferals) have their own original skill sets.
BORN VatFathers have the following:
All standard Shemarrian skill programs, plus:
Medical Doctor 85%*
Cybernetic Medicine 85%*
Botany 85%*
Biology 85%*
Robot Mechanics 85%*
Weapons Engineer 85%*
Mechanical Engineer 85%*
Chemistry 85%*
Artificial Intelligence 80%*

Lore: Magic 40% +5% per level of experience*
Palming/Sleight of Hand 40% +5% per level of experience*
Trap Construction 85%*

Hand to Hand: Expert (Equiv. 10th level)

(*plus any I.Q. bonuses)

As Neural Intelligences, VatFathers can lean an additional TWO skills at levels 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, and 15. Most VatFathers seek to expand their Electrical, Mechanical, Medical, Science, or Technical skills.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +3
Dodge +2+5
Parry +3+5
Strike +2+5 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +2+1
Disarm +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Restrained Punch/Slap 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Kick 4d8 MD
Body Block/Tackle 3d6 MD
‘Death From Above’ Drop/Leap Kick(2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD

Equipment:
VatFathers will typically have access to a well-equipped laboratory-den, often with an Assembler Forge, material stocks, library, and storage lockers for biological stasis storage and gene samples.
VatFathers can wear special heavy cyborg armor plates fitted over their oversized frames and their protruding gestation cysts. They also favor tailored robes and kilts with armored panels(offering partial protection to their legs).
Because of their lack of extensive built-on weaponry, VatFathers often carry personal weapons, usually quite heavy types. The favorite melee weapon of choice is a heavy staff-like multitool(often described as ‘a cross between a pipe wrench, a vibrohalbard, and a Swiss Army knife’), though Kittani plasma axes, Triax robot weapons, and Gargoyle hand weapons are also popular.

VatFather BattleWrench
(aka ‘VatBat’)
This weapon was first seen in the hands of EShemarrian VatFathers, leading to its nickname. The weapon has a long pointed haft that can be used to spear-poke targets, and a heavy head with a polearm-like blade edging one side, a wicked stabbing blade protruding, and a large claw vice grip on the other that can tear and pry like an enormous can opener. The armored head can also extend a powered drill and has a powered torque wrench socket in the side.
Weight: 48 lbs
Size: 7 ft long
MDC: 80
Range: (All) Melee
Damage:
(Blunt Force) 2d4 MD plus Robotic Strength
(Long End Jab) 1d4 MD plus Robotic Strength
(Power Halbard) 1d6x10 MD
(Large Drill) 3d6 MD
Special Features:
*Built-in Adjustable Vice Clamp
*Variable Grip Powered Socket Wrench

‘Baby’ Warmounts
“And this is my prototype of the HyperHydra Acid-Spitting DireCyberCat.”
“Oh, how CUTE!”

These are miniature ‘proof of concept’ prototypes that the VatFathers produce as working models of larger Warmounts and cyberanimals. These ‘chibified’ Warmount ‘babies’ are sometimes allowed to be fully activated and run loose as pets or familiars of the Eshemar.
Despite their nickname as ‘babies’, these prototypes do NOT grow with age.
Size: Convert the ‘adult’ size to inches
Weight: Convert the ‘adult’ weight to ounces and divide by 10
MDC: Divide ‘adult’ MDC by 10
Physical Stats: Typically such performance stats are 1/10th that of their ‘adult’ forms and fall within human, rather than Robotic, ranges.
Systems of Note:
Weapons Systems: Most ‘babies’ lack the weapons later incorporated into the ‘adult’ versions.
-Integral weapons have 1/10th the range and damage of the full scale systems.
-External weapons systems such as modular weapons packs are NOT available(unless somebody deliberately customizes a set using regular-scale handguns and weapons).
Skills: Typically have the same (intended) programmed skills as the ‘adult’ forms but proficiencies are typically HALF.
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: Typically HALF that of the ‘adult’ form.
Similarly hand to hand bonuses are HALF that of the full-scale adult forms.
Options:
If not being actively used as a lab model for an ‘adult’ warmount, many ‘babies’ are given ‘plush’ body coverings.
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Classic function over form, thank you for making them. More ideas coming down the tubes to you soon.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:“And this is my prototype of the HyperHydra Acid-Spitting DireCyberCat.”
“Oh, how CUTE!”

I want to know what a full size HyperHydra Acid-Spitting DireCyberCat is like now!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:“And this is my prototype of the HyperHydra Acid-Spitting DireCyberCat.”
“Oh, how CUTE!”

I want to know what a full size HyperHydra Acid-Spitting DireCyberCat is like now!

probablt something like this under the faux-fur..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
kronos wrote:
“Oh, how CUTE!”

Only with multiply heads... hey.. we should raid that comic for ideas.. Those Sparks could be quite useful as VatFathers and whatever the female version would be.
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:
kronos wrote:
“Oh, how CUTE!”

Could be. :twisted:
A lot of prototypes don't make it to the full-sized stage, though, while others just await the time and place(the Horrorwoods, for instance, churn out new Warmounts and cyberanimals by the encyclopedia-load).
Pity ZOIDs aren't a Palladium-associated property; most of THOSE critters have 80mm caliber weaponry as SECONDARY armaments.
But it's a wise idea to tread carefully in a VatFather's workshop...either by accident or design, a lot of that clutter could kill an unarmored and unwary sentient.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:But it's a wise idea to tread carefully in a VatFather's workshop...either by accident or design, a lot of that clutter could kill an unarmored and unwary sentient.

Thus why the Vat-father never made it over to my side of the Megaversal veil.
The gynoids have a hard enough time keeping the collateral damage from their "redeemed" Skullcrusher sisters to acceptable levels.

...and don't get me started on the Blood Rider's insurance premiums. :? :frust:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:But it's a wise idea to tread carefully in a VatFather's workshop...either by accident or design, a lot of that clutter could kill an unarmored and unwary sentient.

Thus why the Vat-father never made it over to my side of the Megaversal veil.
The gynoids have a hard enough time keeping the collateral damage from their "redeemed" Skullcrusher sisters to acceptable levels.

...and don't get me started on the Blood Rider's insurance premiums. :? :frust:

Yes, but the NeShemar in disguise really clean up off all the fire sales in the wake of a Blood Rider rampage. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Any fake magic coming down the tubes?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Any fake magic coming down the tubes?

Nope.....But more superpowered nanotech. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I just realized you didn't pots the medusa and roller wolves in the codex page.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:I just realized you didn't pots the medusa and roller wolves in the codex page.

Oops. :oops: Thanks.
Fixed.
#Gnash! Snarl!#
Not you! The Codex! The CODEX IS FIXED! Down, DOWN BOY!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Sapphire Cobra Quiksil Elite
(aka ‘Chrome Dancer’, ‘ShineSkin’, ‘White Serpent’, ‘Silversnake’)

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img332_zpsbf37e79e.jpg

“Behold the Dance of the Silver Serpent!”

“Shiny! Sharpy!”
---Last words of Kydian warrior, after encountering a Sapphire Cobra Quiksil

The Quiksil is a Sapphire Cobra Elite inspired by and partially based on the NeShemar Vada Transform, with no doubt some study of the Wolf’s Path Channide Elite(though some claim the class is the result of Progen-breeding between Shemarrians and NeShemar Vada Transforms). The new Elite has clearly benefitted from growing Shemarrian expertise with nanotech systems.
The Shemarrian(typically of the Warrior, Berserker, or Yuri castes) is bonded to an advanced form of psionically-responsive nanotech armor that can exuded to form a skintight sheath of additional protection. This skin can appear flawlessly smooth or, especially in the case of the Sapphire Cobras, pebbly and scaley at will. The nanites can also be directed and exuded to form a variety of body weapons, including blades, whips, and even powered drills. The Quiksil has much greater control over the nanotech sheath than the Vada, presumably because of the greater and more efficient processing capabilities of the Shemarrians’ nervous systems. Furthermore, like a Cyberknight’s cyberarmor, the nanosheath actually GROWS in protective value as the system matures and the recipient grows more experienced in its use.
The nature of this Elite augmentation necessitates that the Shemarrian can only be wearing light armor(similar to a Berserker’s), if anything at all. Implanted weaponry cannot operate through the nanosheath unless the material is deliberately skinned away from the weaponry(exposing that part of the body to direct attack). However, the nanite armor more than compensates with its versatility.
Since its introduction, the Quiksil has elicited great interest from the Silvermoons, who are negotiating for the Upgrade Templates for this Elite class.
Type: Shemar Quiksil Elite
Class: Robot Gynoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Same as for the respective Warrior, Berserker, or Yuri caste, plus:
Hands(2) +15 each (+10 per level of experience)
Arms(2) + 30 each (+10 per level of experience)
Tendrils(number varies) 20 each(+5 per level of experience)
Legs(2 ) + 40 each (+10 per level of experience)
Head + 40 (+10 per level of experience)
Main Body + 100 (+10 per level of experience)
Size: In general, the nanosheath adds about a half-inch thickness to the skin.
Weight: The nano-armor augment adds an extra 75 lbs(thin, but DENSE).
Power System: Powered by the Shemarrian’s own systems.
Physical Attributes: Equal to the baseline Shemarrian’s.
Cargo: Only what can be carried in the limbs or strapped on externally
Speed:
Running: Increase running speed by 10% thanks to the extra ‘musculature’ of the nanosheath
Jumping: Add +10% to leaping distance; the nanosheath acts as extra ‘muscle’.
Flying: Doesn’t add an additional performance
Underwater: Add +10% to swimming speed, thanks to enhanced streamlining
Systems of Note:

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. The nanosheath imparts a much faster regenerative capability and will repair 8d6 MD per hour, and can repair 120 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Laser Reflective Skin---Lasers do HALF damage against the Quiksil’s reflective skin, and Variable Frequency Lasers CANNOT adjust to compensate.

*Artificial Immune System---The nanotech sheath will also actively resist attacks with malnano(malign nanotech), partially ‘immunizing’ the EShemar from attacks with such weapons as Rifts Earth Republic of Japan ‘Dissolver’ nanites and T’zee weapons. Such weapons only do 1/2 their regular damage on their first attack, and 1/4 normal damage on any subsequent attacks(the Quiksil nanotech system ‘remembers’ the attack type).

*Molecular Adhesion---The nanites can also effectively dig into surfaces they come in contact with, acting like a sort of ‘super velcro’, and acting like molecular adhesion pads for purposes of climbing. The Quiksil can cling like an insect to surfaces and structures.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers---- In lieu of laser gauntlets which the nanosheath cannot effectively cover, the Quiksil has eye lasers as a back-up.

2) Extrude Body Weapons---The nanosheath can be used to produce melee weapons, such as elongated claws from each finger, knuckle studs, forearm blades, or razor-sharp body edging. It can also spin out long thick strands that can be used as wire whips. Finally, the extruded wire-coils can be spun at high speed around an arm to form a drill capable of boring through armor.
Range:(Melee) Blades are typically 6-18 inches long
(Whip) 12 ft
(Drill) 6 ft reach
Damage:(Melee) 1d4 SD/MD for simple, single, small blades, 2d6(+P.S. damage)SD/MD for heavy blunt weapons like wedges and morning stars, 3d6(+P.S. damage) SD/MD for swords, axes, and glaives.
(Whip) 2d6 SDC lash, 2d4 SDC/MD if used as a stabbing weapon, 4d6 SDC/2d4MD per melee for a constricting crush.
(Drill) 3d6 MD per attack action spent drilling

*Wind Blast---By forming the exuded ribbon-whip into a high-speed turbofan, the Quiksil can generate powerful air blasts capable of knocking targets down.
Range: 100 ft, and can be target specific or fanned out to affect a 20-ft wide area.
Damage: Roughly equivalent to the spell ‘Wind Rush’; targets must roll an 18 or better to prevent being knocked down(lose 1 APM and initiative getting back up), and must find to make progress against the directed 75 MPH gale-force air blast.

*Extensor---Extruded wire tendrils can be used as grapples for climbing, grabbing hold of small objects, or capture prisoners.
Range: 200 ft, each cable has about 6 MDC, and can haul weight equivalent to the Shemarrian’s own Robotic P.S. , If the cable snaps, it retains its MDC for 5 minutes, after which it decays into dust.
Bonuses: +1 to Entangle. The tendrils also give the Quiksil a +15% to Climbing(and increase climbing speed by 25%).

*Spike Armor---The Quiksil’s skin can break out in ‘vibro-acne’; razor-sharp spikes roughly five inches long, making contact, even casually brushing up against the Elite, a lacerating experience.
Damage: 2d6 SDC+ the Shemarrian’s own Robotic P.S. bonuses on a punch, body slam, or tackle. Or does +1d4 MD to a megadamage slap, punch, body block/ram.

*Slippery---Alternatively, the Quiksil can make her skin a rapidly flowing near-liquid layer, making it virtually impossible to grapple effectively with the gynoid, and making escaping entanglement that much easier. Even molecular adhesion systems will find it impossible to get a grip on the Quiksil. -5 to Entangle(and +5 to the Quiksil to Break Hold, +10% to Escape Artist)

*Extra Limbs---By concentrating, the Elite can even form additional limbs, such as tentacles. However, these limbs tend to be rather weak, lacking a solid core structure, and the Elite cannot maintain them for long. They are typically used for parrying, or holding additional objects(though they cannot fire weapons or manipulate sophisticated machinery). Each extruded limb has 20 MDC(+5 per level of experience) and a P.S. of 18. The Elite can generate 1 extra limb at levels 2, 4, 8, 10, 12, and 14, and maintain them for 1 minute(4 melees) +1 minute per level of experience. A single tendril adds a +1 to parry, while each PAIR adds a +1 to parry and +1 to entangle.

*Create Projectiles---The Quiksil can detach part of their nanotech sheath to create projectile weapons(actually throwing blades, razor darts, or shuriken). Each blade takes 5 MDC from the nanosheath’s total MDC, and does 1d4 MD used as a weapon(hand weapon or thrown). The projectile retains solidity for 5 minutes, during which time the projectile can be reabsorbed by the Quiksil and the MDC reclaimed, otherwise at the end of the time period it instantly decays into inert powder.
Range: 120 ft thrown/fired
Damage: 1d4 MD

Programming/Skills:
Use the Programming of the Warrior, Berserker, or Yurei the Quiksil is based on.

Variants:

*Sapphire Cobra ‘Darkling’ Elite
(aka ‘Black Snake’, ‘Shadowsnake’, ‘Shadow Dancer’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img331_zpse1fcbe52.jpg

The loud clangor of earlier had ended, then the distant yelling and cursing became more muffled, changing to what sounded like begging and pleading, then crying, before finally and abruptly cutting off.
“What was that?”
“One of the more...capable...prisoners in our charge managed to temporarily escape restraint. She’s back in custody now, though.”
“Indeed?”
“Unfortunately for her, we just happened to be testing one of the new Elites we developed. The ladies were happy to be of service in recapturing the escapee.”
“A new Elite? So the rumors about the Darklings are correct?”
“Yes. She obviously watched the movement of the guards, but she didn’t watch the shadows.”

The ‘Darkling’ is the Quiksil’s ‘sister’ Elite, developed when it was discovered that the laser-reflective properties caused by the ever-shifting nanite sheath could instead ABSORB light energy, creating a visual ‘void’. The result was that the recipient of the modified nanite sheath would appear as a humanoid shape of darkness, able to hide in shadows. The ‘stealth mod’ for the nanites also conferred similar properties as for Naruni thermo-kinetic armor, giving the gynoid further advanced protection and stealthing.
The Sapphire Cobras were happy to immediately put this new Elite template into service alongside their Quiksil Elites. The new ‘Darklings’ are a popular upgrade or ‘promotion’ for accomplished Yurei shadow-warriors, who especially enjoy posing as supernatural creatures to sew confusion amongst their enemies.
Interestingly enough, the Sapphire Cobras have made this Elite upgrade available to MALE Shemarrians as well.
Capabilities: Darklings are identical in all regards to the Quiksil except in the following:
*Shadow Stealth---Instead of laser reflective properties, the Darkling instead absorbs light like a living shadow: Only has a 15% chance of showing up on infrared and thermal optics, and has a +15% to prowl in darkness/shadow.

*Thermal Protection---Megadamage fire, plasma, and magic fire do only HALF damage.

*Radar Invisibility---The same ability that deflects light and heat also can more effectively absorb or deflect radar emissions; 80% chance of going undetected by radar and microwave motion detection systems.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Me likey

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I like how the nanotech gives them options but does not over power enemies.

Does the Vulcar have something to do with molten metal or rock?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:I like how the nanotech gives them options but does not over power enemies.

Does the Vulcar have something to do with molten metal or rock?

Yep...wouldn't do to have the Elites more powerful than the War Goddesses.

I should have the illos for the Quiksil and the Darkling up tomorrow.

And I added the nanotech immunity feature after reading your 'Orbital Quarantine of Splicers' thread. :D

And yes, the Vulcar does get its name as a derivation from 'vulcanism' :D :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Quiksil/Darkling updated with pictures. Also removed from Codex as a (WIP). :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

What are war mounts 43 and 44?

How do EShemar cuddle?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:What are war mounts 43 and 44?

How do EShemar cuddle?

43 and 44 are new Wolf's Path warmounts, for Kronos.

EShemar DO cuddle for tactile pleasure(not so much for body warmth), but they can also share VR links(the Elders tend to frown on 'unsafe' or 'protected' links without proper firewalls and buffers, owing to rumors of computer viruses spread in this manner...such OTDs wouldn't be enough to kill a Shemarrian, since part of their core essence is psionic in nature, but they CAN foul up a Shemarrian with partial paralysis, sensory blindness, and other disorders, requiring a painful rebooting and reloading of affected programs from an uninfected source. The Ghost Riders, who are more vulnerable to computer viruses than the EShemar, are even more adroit at creating 'immune software' on account of them being the Tribes' information warfare experts, so they do a booming business selling the equivalent of Norton software protection to the other Tribes(as well as VR 'fun kits').
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:
How do EShemar cuddle?

43 and 44 are new Wolf's Path warmounts, for Kronos.

(the Elders tend to frown on 'unsafe' or 'protected' links without proper firewalls and buffers, owing to rumors of computer viruses spread in this manner...such OTDs wouldn't be enough to kill a Shemarrian, since part of their core essence is psionic in nature, but they CAN foul up a Shemarrian with partial paralysis, sensory blindness, and other disorders, requiring a painful rebooting and reloading of affected programs from an uninfected source. The Ghost Riders, who are more vulnerable to computer viruses than the EShemar, are even more adroit at creating 'immune software' on account of them being the Tribes' information warfare experts, so they do a booming business selling the equivalent of Norton software protection to the other Tribes(as well as VR 'fun kits').

*Facepalm*
I can see those cheezy 1950's "Public Service" movies now...
"This is an input-jack. It is a very delicate and special part of a Shemar sister. Now Ulah has gone and done something bad. :nh: She's let a stranger interface with her 'jack and now she [insert any number of spurrious maladies] because she did un-safe linking outside of pair-bond Progen. :eek:
Don't link outside of pair-bond or you'll [insert spurrious maladies redux]."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[
*Facepalm*
I can see those cheezy 1950's "Public Service" movies now...
"This is an input-jack. It is a very delicate and special part of a Shemar sister. Now Ulah has gone and done something bad. :nh: She's let a stranger interface with her 'jack and now she [insert any number of spurrious maladies] because she did un-safe linking outside of pair-bond Progen. :eek:
Don't link outside of pair-bond or you'll [insert spurrious maladies redux]."

Yeah, and the more eccentric Ghost Riders probably DO write up such cheesy announcements.... :D

"Use surge protection!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”