Roswell NM in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MikelAmroni
Hero

Roswell NM in Rifts

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

While working through some options for a group, I noticed that Roswell was on the Lone Star map. But side from being ON the map, I can find no mention. I have NO issue coming up with my own stuff, but I prefer not to completely ignore canon sources if I can help it. Is there anything on it? I scoured New West, Spirit West, Lone Star, Vampire Kingdoms (revised and original), Arzno, RUE, and Aftermath. Is it the home of Reid's Rangers? I can't find a location for Fort Reid either. I assume this will come from the new vampire sourcebook, but that's a bit beyond my ability to wait for.

Of course no information is perfectly acceptable, I just don't like ignoring canon unless I NEED to.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Talavar
Hero

Re: Roswell NM in Rifts

Unread post by Talavar »

MikelAmroni wrote:While working through some options for a group, I noticed that Roswell was on the Lone Star map. But side from being ON the map, I can find no mention. I have NO issue coming up with my own stuff, but I prefer not to completely ignore canon sources if I can help it. Is there anything on it? I scoured New West, Spirit West, Lone Star, Vampire Kingdoms (revised and original), Arzno, RUE, and Aftermath. Is it the home of Reid's Rangers? I can't find a location for Fort Reid either. I assume this will come from the new vampire sourcebook, but that's a bit beyond my ability to wait for.

Of course no information is perfectly acceptable, I just don't like ignoring canon unless I NEED to.

It's not Fort Reid - that's in Northwest Mexico. Beyond that, I've got nothing.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I'd make it a rogue Republican Enclave who believe that the "Real" President (The Great Ronald Reagan the IV) was taken by aliens from outer space. They are securing the location for his return (as Roswell has an Alien beacon for Alien Navigation purposes).

Some of the Republicans are not only waiting for the President, but also the return of Elvis and Michael Jackson.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I was figuring that they put it there simply so that people know where it is if they wanting their party to go there to explore. With all of the "legends" of the old west that survived, I am sure that legends and rumors of Roswell would have survived, piquing numerous Rogue Scholars and Scientists interest.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
MikelAmroni
Hero

Maybe three or four hours from the Lone Star Compound (less by air)? That's a ballsy RS. I gave them the option of going through Albuquerque (which I've decided is a post-volcanic oasis much like Flagstaff, except without the Screamers (see Arzno for details) which is the shortest route. Roswell adds a few hours, and going through El Paso adds more. They are under instructions to avoid Fort Apache, which knocks out the short route.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

in WB13 Lone Star pg. 98 Psi-X Alien are named under the Roswell Alien. So, the place surely exist in the Rifts World (and at least the OVNI museum or it's information is still available).
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
MikelAmroni
Hero

Sweet thanks mobuttu! Your atlas was quite helpful with this as well, so thanks for that as well.

ImageImage
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

MikelAmroni wrote:Sweet thanks mobuttu! Your atlas was quite helpful with this as well, so thanks for that as well.

You are welcome. Glad you find it useful! :D
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o

Return to “Rifts®”