E.B.S.I.S Variations on the Modular Battle Robot Chassis:

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

MBR-04-Mk. VI-Bis

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Tomahawk Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Battleaxe fulfills the Heavy Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… Due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Battleaxe
Based on the Tomahawk Frame, the EBSIS Adapted four of the LH-2000 Snoop's Multiple Launch ordinance Pods in Place of the original, RDS-2 Rocket Launcher Boxes on the Legs. In addition, a Second MDS-M-6 “Six Pack” Launcher was added in place of the searchlight over the left shoulder.... Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones and twin 12.7x107mm Bloc Ammunition fed NSV Heavy Machineguns, instead, of the .50 BMG ammunition fed GAU-20A1 Heavy machine guns mounted topside

MBR-04- Mk. VII

Based off the Battleaxe which was, in turn, based off the UEDF Tomahawk, this was a hastily put together effort to Create a Competitor to a rival design bureau’s Cossack Design (Though In typical soviet fashion, both competeing designs were made in huge quantities) The Crudgel fulfills the Medium Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. As with the Battleaxe, efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… And, as well also, owing due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to also be used by resistance fighters…

Crudgel
This is a Battleaxe Manufactured with the Arms of a Spartan Destroid. It’s less expensive, but lacks all the firepower of a Battleaxe. Because it mounts the arms from a Spartan Destroid it May Use the Riot Baton of the Spartan or a GU-11 Gun Pod. Due to the reduced workload on the Pilot only One Crewman is needed to operate it. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones and twin 12.7x107mm Bloc Ammunition fed NSV Heavy Machineguns, instead, of the .50 BMG ammunition fed GAU-20A1 Heavy machine guns mounted topside.

MBR-04- Mk. VIII

Conceived as a Scouting and Inexpensive Close Combat Unit, the Skirmisher was based on the UEDF Defender, widely exported and license built, even with a number of UEG Member States… The design was simple to produce and maintain, Heavily Equipping the Soviet Naval Infantry and Motorized Rifle divisions…. Like Many E.B.S.I.S. designs the skirmisher would be constructed in large numbers and survive to see use by invid invasion resistance fighters.

Skirmisher
This is basically a Defender that Trades the Flak Guns for Spartan Arms , Battleaxe Legs, and One TZ-IV Gun Cluster Where the Flak Cannon Ammo Was once stored in each of the shoulders. A fast recon/Scout Destroid, These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones.

MBR-07- Mk. III

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Spartan Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Cossack 1 fulfills Medium Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, and reliability of the original Spartan design in successive production runs… Due to the destruction visited the E.B.S.I.S. industrial heartland by the zentraedi holocaust (the sole factory in the Russian State able to build Spartan legs was vaporized), and to improve reliability in the design, the Leg units (And weapon systems therein mounted on them) of the Battleaxe were used (Instead of the original Spartan’s), more common in E.B.S.I.S. Client states the in the E.S.I.S.I.S. it self’s forces, it was still used in huge numbers and due to those sheer numbers, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Cossack 1
This is a Spartan Destroid Manufactured With the Legs of a Battleaxe Destroid.. It moves at the same speed but has more firepower then a Spartan These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones

MBR-07- Mk. IV

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s Cossack 1 design. The Cossack 2 fulfills Heavy Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify and improve the design for ease of manufacture, and reliability of the original Spartan design in successive production runs… And, due to the destruction visited the E.B.S.I.S. industrial heartland by the zentraedi holocaust (the sole factory in the Russian State able to build Spartan legs was vaporized), and to improve reliability in the design, the Leg units (And weapon systems therein mounted on them) of the Battleaxe were used (Instead of the original Spartan’s).. Though Much more common in E.B.S.I.S. Client states the in the E.S.I.S.I.S. it self’s forces, it was still manufactued in huge numbers and due to those huge numbers, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Cossack 2
This is a Spartan Destroid Manufactured With the Arms and Legs of a Battleaxe Destroid.. It moves at the same speed but has more firepower then a Spartan. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones

ADR-04- Mk. X-Bis

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Defender Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Protector fulfills the Light Anti Air-Craft, and Light Cavalry Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… Due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Protector
This is a Defender Fitted with the Legs of a Battleaxe. It is an, short range, air suppression and light armored cavalry unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

ADR-04- Mk. XI

An modification of the Protector frame, is the Guardian Destroid design. The Guardian fulfills the Heavy Anti Air-Craft, and if needed, Artillery Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… A fair number were made, and many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters, but not as many as other Soviet Destroid models…

Guardian
This is a Defender Fitted with the Arms of a Phalanx and Legs of a Battleaxe. It is a long range air suppression unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

SDR-04- Mk. XII Bis

An modification of the Phalanx frame, is the Cohort Destroid design. The Cohort fulfills the Heavy Artillery Robot, and if needed, HeavyAnti Air-Craft Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces mainly as well as those of a few its client states, the design was not a huge export success, due to most client states preferring the Guardian Destroid for it’s inbuilt radar. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… A fair number were made, and many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters, but not as many as other Soviet Destroid models…

Cohort
This is a Phalanx Fitted with the Legs of a Battleaxe. It is a long range artillery Unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

HLR-04-Mk. I

Basically a simple modification of the Phalanx Destroid chassis into a labor bot by removing the missile barrel arms and install those of the Spartan instead, it lacks such hardware as radar, targeting computer, and laser targeting modules, though such is easily reinstalled, as well it still features heavy mdc armor for hazardous work sites…. The design is easily reoriented for combat, and huge numbers were refitted as “Technical Combat Mecha” well before, and during, the Invid Occupation of Earth… the UEF Reporting name for such modified mecha is “Donkey”.

Mule
Basically a Phalanx with Spartan Arms, this is an Heavy Labor Unit, capable of the same running speed as the Defender, some groups have been known to modify them for combat however, fitting them with light armaments and GU-11 gun Pods (UEG Forces Call Armed Versions by the Reporting Name “Donkey”).
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: E.B.S.I.S Variations on the Modular Battle Robot Chassis:

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Weirdly, the only thing issue that came to mind reading this was "Why would the Obligatory Evil Soviets keep the UN Gov't designation for captured or locally produced versions of UN mecha?". I'd expect EBSIS to do something like re-designate them, ala what the US did with captured MiGs for the Constant Peg program.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Gryphon wrote:So they sought to simplify production...by producing the more complicated leg sets?

I also have to question the need for around ten different variants here. I would have expected them to instead build a local variant based on as similar a set of parts as possible, and not waste their time building variants they actually don't need. Let's face it, the air defense artillery and surface to air/rocket artillery roles can be done with conventional vehicles. A close assault model, a cavalry model, and a main battle model, and maybe, just maybe, a scout model would cover it...though even scouting would be better served by non-mecha units.

I do like the idea of the work model, though I am not entirely sure the Defender chassis is the best choice. The concept of one of these being rearmed as a mecha-come-technical is a neat concept though.

No the spartan's leg set was quirky and prone to damage/malfuntion... as it is they only could produce the Tommy's leg set which the adapted to the spatan and other designs.. also this is the soviets were talking about..... the made a WIDE variety of designs ALL for the same role.... read up on cold war soviet procurement..... I tried to reflect cold war era soviet procurment polcies.. Also this is robotech a game about giant bots duking it out conventional vehicles arn't as.. interesting :)
Last edited by panzerfaust on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Seto Kaiba wrote:Weirdly, the only thing issue that came to mind reading this was "Why would the Obligatory Evil Soviets keep the UN Gov't designation for captured or locally produced versions of UN mecha?". I'd expect EBSIS to do something like re-designate them, ala what the US did with captured MiGs for the Constant Peg program.

They did... This is what the U.E.F. and most foreigners call them..... The russians had different names for em... But i went with what the UEF/Many Foriegn nations call them..
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Gryphon wrote:I do like the idea of the work model, though I am not entirely sure the Defender chassis is the best choice. The concept of one of these being rearmed as a mecha-come-technical is a neat concept though.

Hm... it puts me in the mind of the modified 1st Generation Destroids from Macross 7, which were modified for use as construction machinery, the Destroid Work variant off the Cheyenne II platform in Macross Frontier, and the many, MANY construction-variant Zaku II's which have shown up in Gundam's MSV and the Universal Century.

panzerfaust wrote:No the spartan's leg set was quirky and prone to damage/malfuntion... as it is they only could produce the Tommy's leg set which the adapted to the spatan and other designs

Not sure that's containable, really... the Spartan's reactor was in its drive train/pelvis, while the Tomahawk platform's was located in its upper torso. Adapting the Tomahawk drive train to the Spartan would leave the Spartan without a reactor.

panzerfaust wrote:also this is the soviets were talking about..... the made a WIDE variety of designs ALL for the same role.... read up on cold war soviet procurement..... I tried to reflect cold war era soviet procurment polcies.. Also this is robotech a game about giant bots duking it out conventional vehicles arn't as.. interesting :)

True enough, but isn't EBSIS supposed to be a post-1st War development? That's not exactly a time where resources are thick on the ground, so I think Gryphon might be on to something there. The Soviets in the Cold War had a decent amount of manpower to build all those different variants, which is also not something that's in plentiful supply after a near total loss of Earth's surface.

panzerfaust wrote:They did... This is what the U.E.F. and most foreigners call them..... The russians had different names for em... But i went with what the UEF/Many Foriegn nations call them..

Ah, any chance for the inclusion of the EBSIS internal names/designations for 'em? :-D

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Gryphon wrote:I do like the idea of the work model, though I am not entirely sure the Defender chassis is the best choice. The concept of one of these being rearmed as a mecha-come-technical is a neat concept though.

Hm... it puts me in the mind of the modified 1st Generation Destroids from Macross 7, which were modified for use as construction machinery, the Destroid Work variant off the Cheyenne II platform in Macross Frontier, and the many, MANY construction-variant Zaku II's which have shown up in Gundam's MSV and the Universal Century.

Similar yes.

panzerfaust wrote:No the spartan's leg set was quirky and prone to damage/malfuntion... as it is they only could produce the Tommy's leg set which the adapted to the spatan and other designs

Not sure that's containable, really... the Spartan's reactor was in its drive train/pelvis, while the Tomahawk platform's was located in its upper torso. Adapting the Tomahawk drive train to the Spartan would leave the Spartan without a reactor.
only the legs themselves were switched

panzerfaust wrote:also this is the soviets were talking about..... the made a WIDE variety of designs ALL for the same role.... read up on cold war soviet procurement..... I tried to reflect cold war era soviet procurment polcies.. Also this is robotech a game about giant bots duking it out conventional vehicles arn't as.. interesting :)

True enough, but isn't EBSIS supposed to be a post-1st War development? That's not exactly a time where resources are thick on the ground, so I think Gryphon might be on to something there. The Soviets in the Cold War had a decent amount of manpower to build all those different variants, which is also not something that's in plentiful supply after a near total loss of Earth's surface.

Well i'm toying with these being pre war russian variants too... also the russians in my robotech universe did a lota the work on the destroid along with much other UEDF gear

panzerfaust wrote:They did... This is what the U.E.F. and most foreigners call them..... The russians had different names for em... But i went with what the UEF/Many Foriegn nations call them..

Ah, any chance for the inclusion of the EBSIS internal names/designations for 'em? :-D

Will look into it :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight

panzerfaust wrote:

Hm... just from a mechanical engineering standpoint, I imagine that'd cause my problems than it'd solve. The 04 Series (to which the Tomahawk belongs) connects the leg to the pelvis differently than the 07 Series Spartan does. The Tomahawk's hip joint is a straight bar style like the one on the VF-1, while the Spartan's is an angled join similar to a human hip, with a larger degree of freedom in motion and different suspension. I don't doubt that the Spartan's drive train could drive those 04 Series legs though, since it's about 15% more powerful to compensate for the lack of a sub-engine.

panzerfaust wrote:Well i'm toying with these being pre war russian variants too... also the russians in my robotech universe did a lota the work on the destroid along with much other UEDF gear

's fairly consistent with the OSM, wherein the six major players behind the UN Government and its R&D programme were the US, Britain, Japan, Germany, Russia, and France, and companies like Mikoyan and Sukhoi were involved in the development of VFs and the like, and the Rubin Design Bureau was apparently involved in Destroid production (the submarine destroid Octos from Macross Zero is one of theirs).

panzerfaust wrote:Will look into it :)

:D

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Hm... just from a mechanical engineering standpoint, I imagine that'd cause my problems than it'd solve. The 04 Series (to which the Tomahawk belongs) connects the leg to the pelvis differently than the 07 Series Spartan does. The Tomahawk's hip joint is a straight bar style like the one on the VF-1, while the Spartan's is an angled join similar to a human hip, with a larger degree of freedom in motion and different suspension. I don't doubt that the Spartan's drive train could drive those 04 Series legs though, since it's about 15% more powerful to compensate for the lack of a sub-engine.

Part of the Reworking for the 04 Legs was an adaptation/Reworking of the Spartan's hip for the Bar Style of the 04 Models, basically since the Destroids were very modular to begin with, the modification of existing models, while involved and labor intensve was not as bad as it could of been.. A largely factory level conversion at any rate, scratch built models incorporated the mods from the get go.

panzerfaust wrote:Well i'm toying with these being pre war russian variants too... also the russians in my robotech universe did a lota the work on the destroid along with much other UEDF gear

's fairly consistent with the OSM, wherein the six major players behind the UN Government and its R&D programme were the US, Britain, Japan, Germany, Russia, and France, and companies like Mikoyan and Sukhoi were involved in the development of VFs and the like, and the Rubin Design Bureau was apparently involved in Destroid production (the submarine destroid Octos from Macross Zero is one of theirs).
Didn't realize it was that cosistant with the OSM.... but it makes sense since those are the main voting UN security council nations

panzerfaust wrote:Will look into it :)

:D

Working on it.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

panzerfaust wrote:E.B.S.I.S Variations on the Modular Battle Robot Chassis:

MBR-04-Mk. VI-Bis

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Tomahawk Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Battleaxe fulfills the Heavy Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… Due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Battleaxe
Based on the Tomahawk Frame, the EBSIS Adapted four of the LH-2000 Snoop's Multiple Launch ordinance Pods in Place of the original, RDS-2 Rocket Launcher Boxes on the Legs. In addition, a Second MDS-M-6 “Six Pack” Launcher was added in place of the searchlight over the left shoulder.... Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones and twin 12.7x107mm Bloc Ammunition fed NSV Heavy Machineguns, instead, of the .50 BMG ammunition fed GAU-20A1 Heavy machine guns mounted topside

MBR-04- Mk. VII

Based off the Battleaxe which was, in turn, based off the UEDF Tomahawk, this was a hastily put together effort to Create a Competitor to a rival design bureau’s Cossack Design (Though In typical soviet fashion, both competeing designs were made in huge quantities) The Crudgel fulfills the Medium Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. As with the Battleaxe, efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… And, as well also, owing due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to also be used by resistance fighters…

Crudgel
This is a Battleaxe Manufactured with the Arms of a Spartan Destroid. It’s less expensive, but lacks all the firepower of a Battleaxe. Because it mounts the arms from a Spartan Destroid it May Use the Riot Baton of the Spartan or a GU-11 Gun Pod. Due to the reduced workload on the Pilot only One Crewman is needed to operate it. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones and twin 12.7x107mm Bloc Ammunition fed NSV Heavy Machineguns, instead, of the .50 BMG ammunition fed GAU-20A1 Heavy machine guns mounted topside.

MBR-04- Mk. VIII

Conceived as a Scouting and Inexpensive Close Combat Unit, the Skirmisher was based on the UEDF Defender, widely exported and license built, even with a number of UEG Member States… The design was simple to produce and maintain, Heavily Equipping the Soviet Naval Infantry and Motorized Rifle divisions…. Like Many E.B.S.I.S. designs the skirmisher would be constructed in large numbers and survive to see use by invid invasion resistance fighters.

Skirmisher
This is basically a Defender that Trades the Flak Guns for Spartan Arms , Battleaxe Legs, and One TZ-IV Gun Cluster Where the Flak Cannon Ammo Was once stored in each of the shoulders. A fast recon/Scout Destroid, These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones.

MBR-07- Mk. III

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Spartan Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Cossack 1 fulfills Medium Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, and reliability of the original Spartan design in successive production runs… Due to the destruction visited the E.B.S.I.S. industrial heartland by the zentraedi holocaust (the sole factory in the Russian State able to build Spartan legs was vaporized), and to improve reliability in the design, the Leg units (And weapon systems therein mounted on them) of the Battleaxe were used (Instead of the original Spartan’s), more common in E.B.S.I.S. Client states the in the E.S.I.S.I.S. it self’s forces, it was still used in huge numbers and due to those sheer numbers, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Cossack 1
This is a Spartan Destroid Manufactured With the Legs of a Battleaxe Destroid.. It moves at the same speed but has more firepower then a Spartan These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones

MBR-07- Mk. IV

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s Cossack 1 design. The Cossack 2 fulfills Heavy Main Battle Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify and improve the design for ease of manufacture, and reliability of the original Spartan design in successive production runs… And, due to the destruction visited the E.B.S.I.S. industrial heartland by the zentraedi holocaust (the sole factory in the Russian State able to build Spartan legs was vaporized), and to improve reliability in the design, the Leg units (And weapon systems therein mounted on them) of the Battleaxe were used (Instead of the original Spartan’s).. Though Much more common in E.B.S.I.S. Client states the in the E.S.I.S.I.S. it self’s forces, it was still manufactued in huge numbers and due to those huge numbers, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Cossack 2
This is a Spartan Destroid Manufactured With the Arms and Legs of a Battleaxe Destroid.. It moves at the same speed but has more firepower then a Spartan. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work. Domestic versions use 30mm Cannons in their Gun Clusters instead of 25mm Ones

ADR-04- Mk. X-Bis

An upgrade of the E.B.S.I.S.’s extant stock of Defender Destroid frames, “Sovietising” the design. The Protector fulfills the Light Anti Air-Craft, and Light Cavalry Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… Due to the sheer number made, many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters…

Protector
This is a Defender Fitted with the Legs of a Battleaxe. It is an, short range, air suppression and light armored cavalry unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

ADR-04- Mk. XI

An modification of the Protector frame, is the Guardian Destroid design. The Guardian fulfills the Heavy Anti Air-Craft, and if needed, Artillery Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces as well as those of its client states. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… A fair number were made, and many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters, but not as many as other Soviet Destroid models…

Guardian
This is a Defender Fitted with the Arms of a Phalanx and Legs of a Battleaxe. It is a long range air suppression unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

SDR-04- Mk. XII Bis

An modification of the Phalanx frame, is the Cohort Destroid design. The Cohort fulfills the Heavy Artillery Robot, and if needed, HeavyAnti Air-Craft Robot Duties in the E.B.S.I.S.’s forces mainly as well as those of a few its client states, the design was not a huge export success, due to most client states preferring the Guardian Destroid for it’s inbuilt radar. Efforts were made to simplify the design for ease of manufacture, in successive production runs… A fair number were made, and many survived into the Invid Invasion era, to be used by resistance fighters, but not as many as other Soviet Destroid models…

Cohort
This is a Phalanx Fitted with the Legs of a Battleaxe. It is a long range artillery Unit. These also mount, on either side of the torso, 7.62x54Rmm PK Machineguns (Locally Built copies of the M-225 in many Export Models) supplied with 1000 rounds each and capable of being fire linked for anti-infantry work.

HLR-04-Mk. I

Basically a simple modification of the Phalanx Destroid chassis into a labor bot by removing the missile barrel arms and install those of the Spartan instead, it lacks such hardware as radar, targeting computer, and laser targeting modules, though such is easily reinstalled, as well it still features heavy mdc armor for hazardous work sites…. The design is easily reoriented for combat, and huge numbers were refitted as “Technical Combat Mecha” well before, and during, the Invid Occupation of Earth… the UEF Reporting name for such modified mecha is “Donkey”.

Mule
Basically a Phalanx with Spartan Arms, this is an Heavy Labor Unit, capable of the same running speed as the Defender, some groups have been known to modify them for combat however, fitting them with light armaments and GU-11 gun Pods (UEG Forces Call Armed Versions by the Reporting Name “Donkey”).

If you have stats for these, can you pm them to me?
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Alpha 11 wrote:If you have stats for these, can you pm them to me?

I don't have actual stats for these but they are easy to make with the info here, and i put them together TO BE easy to make fron these descriptions.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

panzerfaust wrote:Part of the Reworking for the 04 Legs was an adaptation/Reworking of the Spartan's hip for the Bar Style of the 04 Models, basically since the Destroids were very modular to begin with, the modification of existing models, while involved and labor intensve was not as bad as it could of been.. A largely factory level conversion at any rate, scratch built models incorporated the mods from the get go.

Well, the Series 04 Destroid chassis is fairly modular... at least, insofar as the drive train is shared between multiple models, and there's a certain amount of interchangeability in their power systems thanks to the Defender and Phalanx were derived from the Tomahawk platform, but I don't think the same can be said for the Spartan, which is from a different development series altogether and engineered rather differently. (AFAIK, the only parts it shares in common with the Series 04 units are the Bifors rocket launchers and Astra TZ-IV gun cluster.) I'd almost apply "Frankenmech" rules to an attempt to combine them, since they're so radically different.

I'd think, since the RPG is trying a tack that seems more inspired by Macross concept art where the Tomahawk was actually a modular system that could have guns OR arms, that it'd be easier to re-engineer the Tomahawk with arms like those of the Spartan than trying to stick the legs of a Spartan onto a Series 04 unit.

panzerfaust wrote:Didn't realize it was that cosistant with the OSM.... but it makes sense since those are the main voting UN security council nations

*shrug* As far as it goes, anyway... the Macross universe branches from the real world in 1999, but Robotech's seems to split MUCH earlier based on From the Stars and other evidence. It may go back as far as the 1950s, since the US Navy's VF-84 is not only still active in 1999 (four years after the real-world VF-84 was deactivated) but apparently never possessed the name "Jolly Rogers", since that name was inherited by the VF-84 Vagabonds in April of 1960, and was passed on to the VF-103 Sluggers in 1995 when VF-84 was disestablished. There're also about 24 more carriers in the US Navy's arsenal than there should be for the period (Roy's assignment is listed CVN-99 Kenosha, the real world had only got up as far as CVN-75, the Harry S. Truman, by 1999).

I've had this nagging suspicion for a while that Robotech exists in a universe similar to Full Metal Panic!, where the Cold War just NEVER ENDED and the west remains at loggerheads with the Soviets clear into the 2000s.

silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Seto Kaiba wrote:I've had this nagging suspicion for a while that Robotech exists in a universe similar to Full Metal Panic!, where the Cold War just NEVER ENDED and the west remains at loggerheads with the Soviets clear into the 2000s.

I am so stealing that for if it comes up in my game!
Seto Kaiba
Knight

silvermoon383 wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:I've had this nagging suspicion for a while that Robotech exists in a universe similar to Full Metal Panic!, where the Cold War just NEVER ENDED and the west remains at loggerheads with the Soviets clear into the 2000s.

I am so stealing that for if it comes up in my game!

It does make for an interesting game premise, and at least goes a little way toward justifying the existence of organizations like the Anti-Unification League and EBSIS, who are, respectively, equipped and supported by the Russians and overtly "evil Soviet" stereotypes from the 80's. I'd love to be able to drag some more information out of Tommy on the subject of when Robotech's universe actually branches from our own, since there's the implication in that From the Stars limited comic that the US and Russia were enemies during the Global War, though they never mention how long that was... clearly long enough to justify a MASSIVE military build-up that resulted in the US Navy being much larger than it should have been were the war a fairly short affair. (It takes about six years or so to build a single modern super-carrier, building 25 more of 'em than we actually had during the Cold War makes it seem like the Global War was raging for DECADES.)

Makes you wonder how the Russians came to the table after Zor's battlefortress crashed... sorted their differences out in the boxing ring?

Note: For a while now, I've been inclined to suspect that some of the details of the From the Stars comic were "inspired" by promotional materials that were coming out for Macross Zero. That might explain why they ended up going with a way-out-there designation like CVN-99, because a ship with that designation also featured prominently in the OVA, though it was a post-1999 warship instead pre-1999, and was effectively the prototype for the massive carrier Prometheus from the original series instead of a bog-standard modern carrier like the Kenosha apparently was. That might explain some of the odder and less sensible choices made in that comic.

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

panzerfaust IMHO very well done !!!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Gryphon wrote:Maybe CVN-99 was actually laid down/launched in 1999 instead? So the one before it could be CVN-94/95, and the one after it was intended to be CVN-03/04?

Er... I don't think so. For one, the way it's presented in the From the Stars comic, Roy seems to have been serving on CVN-99 for some time prior to the ship nearly sinking near Macross island when Zor's battlefortress landed. For two, the designation system doesn't reset itself like that. Numbers are sometimes skipped when a particular ship (or sometimes a whole class) are canceled, but that's rare and hasn't been done since 1949. Hull designation symbols like that are counting up sequentially, they're not the year the ship entered service. That's the reason the Prometheus ended up as CVS-101, a number you can clearly see on its hull in a number of scenes.*

* To clarify, variations of a particular role have similar hull designation symbols and share a common numbering system. An example of this is the US Navy's carrier inventory, where the same numbering system is shared between CV (carrier), CVA (attack carrier), CVB (large carrier), CVL (light carrier), CVN (carrier, nuclear-powered), and CVAN (attack carrier, nuclear-powered). CVS is an extension of the carrier numbering group in Macross and Robotech, though it's a re-use of a depreciated symbol that used to mean anti-submarine carrier and means semi-submersible carrier in the story.

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The EBSIS is one of those ideas that just refuses to die and the current RPGs certainly leave the door open for the existence large independent states into Masters period (provided they were smart enough to work out a treaty with the UEG by the mid 2020s).

The RPG has some hints that the former Soviet Bloc was an active part of the development of a number of UEDF weapons and vehicles. So it is entirely conceivable that they had factories for their own UEDF gear that may have gone back into operation after the Zentraedi war. Given the Soviet predisposition to upgrade existing platforms and evolutionary design rather than revolutionary design (ie compare the train of development from the Sherman, to the Patton and finally the Abrams with the line of T-55, T-62, T-72 and T-90) the concept of neo-Soviet destroid-style battloids is certainly sound.

I disagree with some of the specific options done here, but the concept is definitely workable.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Jefffar wrote:The EBSIS is one of those ideas that just refuses to die and the current RPGs certainly leave the door open [...]

As always, the Robotech series limps on thanks to its nostalgic fans. The EBSIS concept was never particularly original or well-realized in the game itself, but fans keep it around through their rosy childhood memories of the RPG. The whole "evil Soviets" thing is kind of silly in the present day (with Putin trying to be James Bond, rather than a Bond movie villain), though it works much better for Robotech if the Robotech universe is similar to that of the Full Metal Panic! universe where the Cold War never ended and the world is still essentially drawing battle lines around Capitalist vs. Communist.

Jefffar wrote:The RPG has some hints that the former Soviet Bloc was an active part of the development of a number of UEDF weapons and vehicles. So it is entirely conceivable that they had factories for their own UEDF gear that may have gone back into operation after the Zentraedi war.

Well, the 2nd Edition Robotech RPG is practically built more on the original source material than the Robotech series itself, thanks to the proliferation of fan-sites for the original shows, so it's not exactly surprising that Russian or other former Soviet groups would be involved in the development of advanced weaponry for Earth's defense in Robotech the way they are in the original Macross.

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:The EBSIS is one of those ideas that just refuses to die and the current RPGs certainly leave the door open for the existence large independent states into Masters period (provided they were smart enough to work out a treaty with the UEG by the mid 2020s).

The RPG has some hints that the former Soviet Bloc was an active part of the development of a number of UEDF weapons and vehicles. So it is entirely conceivable that they had factories for their own UEDF gear that may have gone back into operation after the Zentraedi war. Given the Soviet predisposition to upgrade existing platforms and evolutionary design rather than revolutionary design (ie compare the train of development from the Sherman, to the Patton and finally the Abrams with the line of T-55, T-62, T-72 and T-90) the concept of neo-Soviet destroid-style battloids is certainly sound.

I disagree with some of the specific options done here, but the concept is definitely workable.

Well it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything jeff ;) , but i'm happy a lota folks like the idea :)
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Did somebody mentioned EBSIS / Soviets' Destroid series?

Right...now all you need is an artist!!!

Request complied ....

From a talented Deviantart artis, IgorKutuzov, here is his renditions of customised Destroids (of Russian origins):

UNDF Destroid Tomahawk:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2usv25

Destroid Tomahawk Igor Custom:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2utb4g

MBR-04 KED Destroid Tomahawk:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2upxgv

ABR-006 Destroid Maverick:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2upwc8

ABR-04 Destroid Monster-E:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2ui160

ABR-04 Monster-E6 Igor custom:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2ui168

Destroid Mauler:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2v1eco

Destroid Mauler Z-170:
http://igorkutuzov.deviantart.com/galle ... d#/d2wrnwp
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

A couple of those are actually a Battletech Mech.....The Mauler is, iirc, from Tech manual 3055
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Jaymz is right.

Now I did like the Maverick family there.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”