Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
EDIT: Link Removed - NMI

It is not a perfect scan, but it is decent.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Adventurer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

It is not a perfect scan, but it is decent.

Hello Mr. Deific NMI. I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but the one you scanned in is the same as the one that is already available on the cutting room floor. I think people (myself included) were looking for the one that is located on page 137, I believe, in the hardcover.
It has a front and back (or 2 pages) as opposed to it being only 1 page.

Thank you sir.

MikeM

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:28 pm

D-Bee

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:

From someone who is new to Palladium, new to the megaverse, but not new to RP'ing and old enough to have driven down to pick up an original copy of the Macross RPG the day it was released originally... I want to provide a little feedback on the "deluxe" Character Sheet linked above; perhaps feedback on the R:SC RPG book on the whole. The character sheet looks as though it was crafted in 1982 and left unchanged for nostalgia sake! I shelled out the cash for a copy of the Shadow Chronicles RPG "Deluxe Edition" only to find that the book is done entirely in black & white with a character sheet which should come with its own carbon dating kit (yeah... it looks that old).

I realize my first post on your forums shouldn't be a critique but I'm puzzled at the "deluxe" concept touted by both the book cover and this thread.

Mr Deific, I don't know your relation to Palladium (I surmise from the number of posts that you've made that you have been around a LONG, LONG time and are therefore either the local sage or Kevin Siembieda in disguise) but my intention is not to offend rather to offer some suggestions on how you can improve the look and feel of your game platform to transitioning players like myself.

Suggestion #1: Reserve the world "Deluxe" for editions/versions which demonstrate the pinnacle of publishing/design. Especially in light of the growing emphasis that surrounds the Robotech brand (live action movie in the works, successful delivery of R:SC, etc), I feel that you can still improve your RPG product considerably; Color publications, integrated cartoon/movie scenes, enhanced gameplay mechanics which allow for miniature/figurine usage. While the product binding and cover art is top notch... let's reserve "Deluxe" for the next level of delivery. In my mind, the leather-bound version of Wotc's 3.5 edition Player's Handbook with gilded pages, high-grade paper and color illustrations would be a better demonstration of the "Deluxe" declaration.

Suggestion #2: Please provide a web enhancement update to your Robotech character sheet! Make it look like something generated in 2009, not 1982. This is probably the lowest-hanging fruit. Perhaps collaborate with online personalities like "Ema" (http://www.emass-web.com/) to publish a top-notch Robotech/GURPS character sheet... rather than a version which quite literally looks like it took 3 minutes to mock up in MSWord.

Suggestion #3: Keep marketing your product hard; with the recent edition changes made by Wotc to their product line I now consider your megaverse a strong competitor for disenfranchised players looking for a more authentic RP experience.

I'm not sure if I'll be flamed for writing a critique like this -- but I hope that someone at Palladium will take my comments to heart. You have the gaming rights for one of the most profound brand names of my childhood, I'd love to see you be even more successful than you have already been.

Lastly, as a tabletop gamer and one who is used to RP'ing with figurines, I find a significant dearth of options in that regard for Robotech RPG. Are there plans on the table, or have you considered teaming up with a figurine manufacturer to fill that gap in your game line?

Thank you for your time and I hope that my criticism can be accepted without too much discomfort.

Regards,

WSting

/end_thread_hijack

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:49 pm

OLD ONE

I'll get the other character sheet up later on tonight.

As for my use of the word "deluxe"...
This character sheet is from the Deluxe Edition of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.
Welcome to the boards!

http://www.emass-web.com/ - no longer available...
Quote:
I'm sorry to inform you that this site is no more.
Wizards of the Coast asked me to take it down, and I complied.

I'm sorry for all the fans who will miss it - I will miss it, too - but it was the right thing to do.

Time to move on...

Ema.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 pm

D-Bee

Hasbro will stop at nothing to make gaming one dimensional. To quote a famous sci fi movie... "You can't stop the signal". I have a copy of her work with the GURPS character sheet if you'd like me to send you over a copy. Let me know.

Also, what exactly is your title on these forums... sage, Kevin, or other? :)

WSting

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 pm

OLD ONE

My title - Old One - Site Admin

Going to remove the above character sheet and upload the 2 page sheet tonight.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 am

Wanderer

Where can I download the Shadow Chronicles character sheet? I am desperately seeking one.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:58 am

Adventurer

daddystabz wrote:
Where can I download the Shadow Chronicles character sheet? I am desperately seeking one.

The standard character sheet is here on this ver site.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... heets.html

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Adventurer

I tried to scan the deluxe 2 page character sheet last night from the HC. It did not work very well.
It looks like a page scanned out of a book :(
That is one advantage of selling PDFs. You can always get a decent character sheet :)

Unread postPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Adventurer

Or ifn you want one in generic Text style format, you can always make your own. I still have some printed sheets that were made by an old dot matrix printer. Gawd my age is now showing :D I also have some sheets useable with Microsoft Excell Which are also of my own Creation. They are still kind of a work in progress but They cut down time Greatly on the character creation process.. They will not fin on 8.5 by 11 paper. They will fit on 8.5 by 14 paper. The reason they take up so much space is because I designed them to be Generic and to Include skills from almost every Palladium based rpg I own. Admitedly they are a bit out of date because I do not own most of the newest books to hit the RPG Shop Shelves with the possable exception of the new Robotech Books. gawd Im going to have to go through them again and see what I can do to update them. Please Let me know ifn you would be Interested in this.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 am

Wanderer

Comment: I've been roleplaying a VERY long time (since I was 6). For most of that time, I've been a GM. You can't BS a BSer.
If you take the robotech shadow chronicles character sheet that is in PDF from the link, you can screen shot each side and open it in GIMP. Then resize to 8.5x11 inches and they print great. That way you don't need a magnifying glass and tiny hands to work with it.

;)

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 pm

D-Bee

This guy makes awesome character sheets. Perhaps he could help craft a RT one or something?

http://www.mad-irishman.net/

http://www.dragoncon.org

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Explorer

I'm actually working on a new Robotech Chracter Sheet. I'll post it up for all to use if it's ok with everyone else.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 am

D-Bee

FreelancerMar wrote:
Or ifn you want one in generic Text style format, you can always make your own. I still have some printed sheets that were made by an old dot matrix printer. Gawd my age is now showing :D I also have some sheets useable with Microsoft Excell Which are also of my own Creation. They are still kind of a work in progress but They cut down time Greatly on the character creation process.. They will not fin on 8.5 by 11 paper. They will fit on 8.5 by 14 paper. The reason they take up so much space is because I designed them to be Generic and to Include skills from almost every Palladium based rpg I own. Admitedly they are a bit out of date because I do not own most of the newest books to hit the RPG Shop Shelves with the possable exception of the new Robotech Books. gawd Im going to have to go through them again and see what I can do to update them. Please Let me know ifn you would be Interested in this.

Heh... Dot Matrix, do I sound older if I mention that I use3d to print up character sheets on a daisy wheel printer? Not sure if anyone remembers those.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Knight

Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt
You and me both Monkey - I created a 13 page character sheet just for the old Robotech Characters. Most of it was Combat Record Sheets for all the Mecha. But that was on an old Apple III with two 5 1/4 floppy drives - no HD Baby!

Unread postPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Adventurer

Heh. The first computer I had used a cassette tape drive. yes I do remember daisy wheel printers. Also if I remember correctly the first "Floppy" Drives used 8 inch disks. :D

I wonder how many people remember those things?? :D

Unread postPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points
Remember the first two but never used a 8" disk.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Knight

http://robotech.nullfactor.net/pdf/Shad ... rSheet.pdf here is a fillable version of the character sheet

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Wanderer

FreelancerMar wrote:
Heh. The first computer I had used a cassette tape drive. yes I do remember daisy wheel printers. Also if I remember correctly the first "Floppy" Drives used 8 inch disks. :D

Fortunately, I never had to use them, but I do remember seeing one once..... It was HUGE!! :lol:

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with the layout of the SC CS.... It looks fine to me. So what if it looks like it came from the '80s, that was the best time to rpg anyway. (No WotC... DnD was Ad&d, and there were no-such-things as CCGs).

Boy do I miss those days.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Explorer

Comment: 17 years ago I played Robotech... And I still love it even now!
I miss the mecha pics on tge old char sheets!

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Explorer

Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.
Tyranneix wrote:
I'm actually working on a new Robotech Chracter Sheet. I'll post it up for all to use if it's ok with everyone else.

Did you ever make this new character sheet?

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:01 am

Explorer

I like the layout of the 1st page on the new sheet (though i wish it had a space for the attribute bonuses) but I think the layout of the 2nd page is not that great. The old page 2 layout from the Sentinals book was much better, especially since you could setup bonuses for more than one mech (since most Veritech and Destroid pilots have combat bonuses for more than one). I think that they should re-design it to be more like that.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:46 pm

D-Bee

FreelancerMar wrote:

Sill have a working 5 1/4 and some Commodores...

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:14 am

Wanderer

Tiree wrote:
http://robotech.nullfactor.net/pdf/ShadowChroniclesCharacterSheet.pdf here is a fillable version of the character sheet

Link doesn't work.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 am

Wanderer

gadfly69 wrote:
FreelancerMar wrote:

Sill have a working 5 1/4 and some Commodores...

This tells you how old I am: my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:39 am

Knight

yeah, it's been nearly 6 years. Has anyone really used it?