Heroes Unlimited and Palladium Fantasy.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

robertbc73

Heroes Unlimited and Palladium Fantasy.

Unread post by robertbc73 »

Anyone thought of putting these to together?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Heroes Unlimited and Palladium Fantasy.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I run a mixed game sometimes, but the Heroes Unlimited part is usually to make the players demi-gods in the normal world. A lot of the power categories for Heroes Unlimited are by that logic limited or unavailable.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
robertbc73

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I run a mixed game sometimes, but the Heroes Unlimited part is usually to make the players demi-gods in the normal world. A lot of the power categories for Heroes Unlimited are by that logic limited or unavailable.

Well I was thinking more like mutant caused powers, or powers created perhaps by exposure to too much magic, or even mutated by magic maybe? Could be a virus causes it? Perhaps something from the Land of the Damned?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

robertbc73 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I run a mixed game sometimes, but the Heroes Unlimited part is usually to make the players demi-gods in the normal world. A lot of the power categories for Heroes Unlimited are by that logic limited or unavailable.

Well I was thinking more like mutant caused powers, or powers created perhaps by exposure to too much magic, or even mutated by magic maybe? Could be a virus causes it? Perhaps something from the Land of the Damned?
Yeah, mutants would be totally doable in a Palladium setting. It is the categories based on technology that are generally out, though some is acceptable if you do steampunk-style technology in your games.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Dragon Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

I am GMing a game were one of the PC's has been heroed-up by the book of heros. Just finished book2 and we are starting book 3 now. Seems to be going well so far...
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Certain categories should be avoided, such as Super-Invention, Hardware and Robotics, but otherwise you should be okay playing most other categories.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Wasn't there something like this in one of the Rifters? Unfortunately, my issues are put away and so I don't recall the article or issue. But I do remember reading something similiar.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
robertbc73

krate wrote:Wasn't there something like this in one of the Rifters? Unfortunately, my issues are put away and so I don't recall the article or issue. But I do remember reading something similiar.

Interesting. I just wish I hadnt fallen behind on the Rifters although If I do catch up on them I may go digital.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
robertbc73

sHaka wrote:Yeah this was in Rifter #36 - "The Epoch of Legend"

SWEET! Thank you! This is a must get issue now to at least see it. Is it worth it in your opinion?
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

I only skimmed it, so you may want someone else's opinion, but it seemed a pretty interesting and detailed mash-up to me.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”