Bunny Men?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Bunny Men?

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Are there any races for PFRPG of playable rabbit or bunny people? I was thinking of writing some up. but no sense reinventing them if someone already has done them.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Bunny Men?

Unread post by Nightmask »

I haven't seen all the books but to the best of my knowledge there aren't any lapine-based races around.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Not unless you want to use the Rabbits' from ATB then no, I don't recall seeing any rabbit type races in PFRPG. I imagine you're looking for PFRPG specific races anyway, but the ATB rules could help in guiding you.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

I am going to get my Monsters and Animals book out of storage and get to work, then. I am trying to write something specifically for use with PFRPG and avoid taking from ATB, though that certainly might be a route to go. I will probably post them here in addition to the Kronos thread if people are interested.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Are there any races for PFRPG of playable rabbit or bunny people? I was thinking of writing some up. but no sense reinventing them if someone already has done them.

There are the mutant Rabbits in ATB2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Are there any races for PFRPG of playable rabbit or bunny people? I was thinking of writing some up. but no sense reinventing them if someone already has done them.

Those would be over-powered for what I am looking to do. I will pull my books out of storage and do my own. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Those would be over-powered for what I am looking to do. I will pull my books out of storage and do my own. :)

You could just use them as models, or just build your own race via the Bio-E method and just apply the template across the race.

Or use the Alien Creation tables in HU2 MB or in the PW book.

You don't even have to follow them to the 'T', and just get ideas from them.

Then there is the Monster creation rules in LOTD 1 you could get ideas from also.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, is there an Echo in here?

-Vek
"The Killing Moon"
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Veknironth wrote:Well, is there an Echo in here?

-Vek
"The Killing Moon"

Apparently. The thing is, I have limited access to my books right now, as they are in storage, and getting out my ATB book and Monsters and Animals book is problematic, as I have limited room in my backpack for carrying them. I don't necessarily need the ATB book, as I don't plan on doing it the BIO-E method and all it would tell me is that they are herbivores and jump, right? Same if I were to pull out Aliens Unlimited. I expect that if I use the Monsters and Animals book, I can do a fair job writing them up. This ain't my first rodeo.
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

-Vek
"The Killing Moon"

I've been wanting to make an Echo and the Bunnymen comment since the thread started. But I stayed strong! Truly it was a Herculean effort!

As for the OP, why not just make up the stats and stuff? Lotsa people do so on these forums. One current example is the lionkin thread.

A race of bunnymen? Gotta see where this goes and see how it turns out. Good luck!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

krate wrote:

-Vek
"The Killing Moon"

I've been wanting to make an Echo and the Bunnymen comment since the thread started. But I stayed strong! Truly it was a Herculean effort!

As for the OP, why not just make up the stats and stuff? Lotsa people do so on these forums. One current example is the lionkin thread.

A race of bunnymen? Gotta see where this goes and see how it turns out. Good luck!

I plan to make it up, I just didn't want to seem redundant if there was already such a race in canon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Well, here is what I have so far. Mind you, it was written for use with my realm of Kh'ron and might need adaptation if used elsewhere. Let me know what you think.

Hoppitti: The Bunny Men

The Hoppitti are a race of furry humanoids with rabbit-like ears and tail. They have powerful legs, also, and are playful creatures, enjoying games of chance as well as those involving physical exertion. All Hoppitti are very emotionally stable, quick-witted, and calm for the most part. The rarely fight amongst themselves and will not generally engage in battle unless backed into a corner and forced to. Breeding in great numbers, it is suspected that at one time they occupied all regions of the Palladium World, but have since been reduced in number. The Hoppitti are somewhat timid by nature, being pacifistic herbivores, generally preferring to run rather than engage in combat. As a result, they have been hunted to near extinction by more aggressive races and predatory animals. Few remain in the Palladium World, appearing indiginous to Ophid's Grasslands primarily. They exist in large numbers in the realm of Kh'ron, however, their legends claiming that the Great Cackler took mercy on their race and delivered them unto that realm to save them. As a result, much of their culture is centered around the worship of the Great Cackler and the eggs which they paint to give as gifts on various holidays and anniversaries. Interestingly, they have populated a great amount of Kh'ron, having migrated across the Great Gears even before the advent of airships, their legends claiming that various heroes leaped the great chasms between the gears to claim the various regions. The Hoppitti living in Kh'ron differentiate themselves from those in the Palladium World, designating themselves as "Hippitti" Hoppitti, with those in the Palladium World being designated as "Hoppitti" Hoppitti. Whereas the Hoppitti living in Kh'ron have established towns and villages, the ones living in the Palladium World ere nomadic and migratory by nature, never stopping in one spot long enough to be detected.
The Hoppitti live a simple life of gardening and tending to machines, many having a knack for tinkering, but some have become skilled wizards. They also have skilled appraisers, craftsmen and builders, their clothing and homes being lavish and comfortable. Although gentle and loving, they are shy around strangers, especially those of other races, and build their homes to blend into the landscape so as to be less noticeable from distances. Due to the necessity for concealment, many Hoppitti homes are built right into hillsides or are completely underground, the Hoppitti being skilled excavators and masons. A rare few become adventurers or warriors, but it is generally frowned on by their society. Breeding in great numbers, Hoppitti villages are often overcrowded when they are allowed to flourish and grow as a people. Hoppitti greatly enjoy mathematics and the design of machinery and gadgetry, being of high intelligence and learning very quickly. When able to interact fully with other races, they are quick to learn from them. They are also very keen observers and take note of everything, making them skilled journalists and cartographers. For this reason, Hoppitti living in the Ophid Grasslands are much more hindered than their brethren living in Kh'ron.

Hoppitti

Alignment: Any, but most tend to be Principled or Scrupulous
Attributes: I.Q. 3D6, M.E. 2D6, M.A. 2D6, P.S. 3D6, P.P. 4D6, P.E. 4D6, P.B. 4D6, Spd 4D6 but can reach Speeds of 66 (45mph/72k) in short bursts lasting 2D4 minutes.
Hit Points: P.E. +1D6 per level of experience
S.D.C.: 20 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills
Average P.P.E.: 6D6 for typical Hoppitti
Natural A.R.: None
O.C.C.s Available To Hoppitti: Any, but most will avoid fighting and mercenary O.C.C.s. O.C.C. bonus of +10% to any domestic skills, +5% to any technical or mechanical skills.
Optional Skills Available To Hoppitti:
Facial Body Language: The Hoppitti have a language that is as much gestures as it is verbal. They can, at times, communicate through just nose twitches, winks, lip twitches, and facial expressions. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.
Tap Dance Code: The Hoppitti have developed a form of coded communication through dance steps and stomps on the ground. Prerequisite: Dance. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.
Horror Factor: None
Physical Appearance: They are a rabbit-like race, and as such have long ears and fluffy tails. They have fur in a wide range of colors, including white, black, and all shades of brown. Size: 3 to 5 feet tall
Weight: 50 - 150 pounds
Average life Span: 40+ years; some have lived up to 80
Natural Abilities: In addition to Hoppitti intelligence, physical agility and endurance, the character also has Nightvision (200 feet), excellent day vision (equal to human), a keen sense of hearing and smell, Prowl 40% and leap 6 feet high and 20 feet long.
Recognize Scent of Others: Can recognize and follow a familiar scent up to 50 feet (15m) away. Base Skill: 20% +4% per level of experience, +10% to recognize and follow the scent of a mate or offspring. Roll once for every 100 feet (30.5m) when following a scent trail. A failed roll means the trail is lost.
Keen Hearing: The character's hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing.
Bonuses: +3 initiative, +2 to strike, +4 dodge
Damage: Kick strike inflicts 3D6+1 damage plus P.S. bonus, bite 1D4 but no P.S. bonus is applicable.
Magic: By O.C.C. only
Psionics: Standard, roughly the same as humans
Enemies: Coyles and most other predatory races; none on Kh'ron.
Allies: None per se, but the get along with Gnomes and Elves. On Kh'ron, they are allied with the elves and Ra'Ven
Habitat: In the Palladium World, they seldom travel out of Ophid's Grasslands. They are present in every region of the realm of Kh'ron.
Favorite Weapons: If using weapons, characters will lean toward using spears and bows as opposed to close combat.
Value: Fur: 300 gold. Feet: In the Palladium World, rabbit feet are considered good luck, with Hoppitti feet even more so, fetching 50 gold per rabbit foot.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ninjabunny wrote:You may also want to look in the Phase world forums there is a large thread with tons of races for use including ninja bunnies.

Um, did you not see that I already wrote it up? I think I am about done with this thread. Specifically, what I asked about was a race written FOR PALLADIUM FANTASY RPG. I did not ask about any other games from PB, nor did I ask for tips on what to look at to create them. I got the simple answer, which was "no". That is all that is required unless you care to comment on the race that I created, The Hoppitti. :)
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Unread post by St. Evil »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:You may also want to look in the Phase world forums there is a large thread with tons of races for use including ninja bunnies.

Um, did you not see that I already wrote it up? I think I am about done with this thread. Specifically, what I asked about was a race written FOR PALLADIUM FANTASY RPG. I did not ask about any other games from PB, nor did I ask for tips on what to look at to create them. I got the simple answer, which was "no". That is all that is required unless you care to comment on the race that I created, The Hoppitti. :)

Thanks for the read I always wondered about the reading rabbit from the Defilers picture. :D
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Wasn't there a race of bunny men in one of the Rifters?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mryoto wrote:Very cool race man, I'll have to get one of my players to try this one out. Or maybe just make an interesting npc encounter with it.

Glad you like them. I tried to keep them as much like prey animals as possible and still make them playable.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

True, bunnies should not be overly aggressive types...
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Nightmask
Palladin

Gryphon Chick wrote:True, bunnies should not be overly aggressive types...

You apparently haven't seen the video of the rabbit that harassed a snake that was a good 6' long if not longer until the snake actually launched itself up into a tree to get away from it. Rabbits can be as aggressive as anything else, no reason to saddle a PC race with a stereotype like that.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Ronin78
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Ronin78 »

And that rabbit that killed all those knights... "It has big fangs"
Gamers are the only people I know that can brag about the things they pretend they did.

My Gaming Blog http://gamingronin.blogspot.com/
Nightmask
Palladin

Ronin78 wrote:And that rabbit that killed all those knights... "It has big fangs"

The rabbits in Australia are pretty aggressive as well, evolutionary pressures due to no natural predators and breeding out of control has produced some pretty aggressive herds of rabbits. As a kid we had a rabbit that was dangerously aggressive and had to be kept caged from the rest because there was a good chance he'd kill the others. Don't go underestimating rabbits.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nightmask wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:True, bunnies should not be overly aggressive types...

You apparently haven't seen the video of the rabbit that harassed a snake that was a good 6' long if not longer until the snake actually launched itself up into a tree to get away from it. Rabbits can be as aggressive as anything else, no reason to saddle a PC race with a stereotype like that.

Perhaps I shall write up another bunny race which is more aggressive at some point.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...
Last edited by MADMANMIKE on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MADMANMIKE wrote:Hey, great race design.. Here's something I threw together yesterday.. (link since removed)

Cool. I envisioned them as a bit fluffier, though. :P
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Well, since you wrote them, why not make a PFRPG race of ninja bunnies and post them here? I am sure anything made for Rifts and Phase World would be a bit overpowered in this setting, so you might want to edit them a bit, though.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I might eventually do a Hand To Hand fighting style for bunny people as well. Not sure yet.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

There's a badass mutant rabbit in Mutants in Orbit protecting his mate and children from a blast using a force field super power. I always wondered if he was a bunny.

Then of course we have White Rabbit from the Turtles Go Hollywood sourcebook. That guy is muscle incarnate.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have no clue what mutants in TMNT have to do with Palladium Fantasy, but w/e.

I created this more aggressive race of rabbit people this morning.

Wabbits

Wabbits are short-furred humanoids resembling rabbits. Unlike the Hoppitti, the Wabbits have continued to thrive in the Palladium World in spite of being hunted by other races. The main reason for this is that rather than run from danger, Wabbits will face it head on. They will use their intelligence to out-think opponents, humiliating them if possible.
Wabbits, like the Hoppitti, are nomadic and mobile. They keep their possessions simple and sparse so that they may mobilize at a moment's notice. Rather than doing a lot of building themselves, Wabbits will tend to inhabit abandoned homes and dens of other creatures, and they prefer to raid and steal from other races rather than engage in farming or creating goods for themselves. Since their clothing is stolen along with other goods to survive, Wabbits do not dress according to gender roles as much as other species do, it being common for a male to dress in women's clothing if nothing else can be found, or in a combination of men's and women's clothing. They learn at a young age to impersonate opposing gender roles as well, lending to their abilities at disguise later in life. They are masters of concealment, disguise and camouflage, making great military strategists, thieves and assassins, as well as entertainers. When pursuing magical careers, they often venture into areas of illusion.
Since they steal and raid the belongings of other races, they learn to sanitize and clean everything they own as a matter of routine. They try to keep their clothes and possessions spotlessly clean if possible. They are not, however, skittish about bloodshed and put safety and survival before everything else.

Alignment: Any, but most tend to be Anarchist or Unprincipled
Attributes: I.Q. 3D6, M.E. 2D6, M.A. 2D6, P.S. 3D6, P.P. 4D6, P.E. 4D6, P.B. 3D6, Spd 4D6 but can reach Speeds of 66 (45mph/72k) in short bursts lasting 2D4 minutes.
Hit Points: P.E. +1D6 per level of experience
S.D.C.: 20 plus those gained from O.C.C.s and physical skills
Average P.P.E.: 6D6 for typical Wabbit
Natural A.R.: None
O.C.C.s Available To Wabbits: Any. +10% bonus to Rogue skills
Horror Factor: None
Physical Appearance: They are a rabbit-like race, and as such have long ears and stubby tails. They have short fur in a wide range of colors, including white, black, and all shades of brown. Size: 4 to 6 feet tall
Weight: 75 - 250 pounds
Average life Span: 40+ years; some have lived up to 80
Natural Abilities: In addition to Wabbit intelligence, physical agility and endurance, the character also has Nightvision (200 feet), excellent day vision (equal to human), a keen sense of hearing and smell, Prowl 40% and leap 6 feet high and 20 feet long.
Recognize Scent of Others: Can recognize and follow a familiar scent up to 50 feet (15m) away. Base Skill: 20% +4% per level of experience, +10% to recognize and follow the scent of a mate or offspring. Roll once for every 100 feet (30.5m) when following a scent trail. A failed roll means the trail is lost.
Keen Hearing: The character's hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing.
Bonuses: +4 initiative, +3 to strike, +4 dodge
Damage: Kick strike inflicts 3D6+1 damage plus P.S. bonus, bite 1D4 but no P.S. bonus is applicable, can slap with an ear for a single point of damage.
Magic: By O.C.C. only
Psionics: Standard, roughly the same as humans
Enemies: Coyles and most other predatory races
Allies: Elves and Faerie Folk
Habitat: Western Empire, Eastern Territory, Old Kingdom.
Favorite Weapons: Wabbits can train in any weapons but prefer bladed weapons such as swords and daggers.
Value: Fur: 300 gold. Feet: In the Palladium World, rabbit feet are considered good luck, with Wabbit feet even more so, fetching 50 gold per rabbit foot.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

somebody has been play world of warcraft. (recent expansion has a race of evil rabbit people stealing crops and killing farmers)
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Chronicle wrote:somebody has been play world of warcraft. (recent expansion has a race of evil rabbit people stealing crops and killing farmers)

Nope, never played it. This race of Wabbits was inspired by Bugs Bunny.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Too low base success ratios in my opinion. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Natasha wrote:Too low base success ratios in my opinion. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.
The "Recognize Scent of Others" skill is pretty much standard for what most humanoid animal races have in the Monsters & Animals book. Or are you taking about the Hoppitti racial skills I created?
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Natasha wrote:Too low base success ratios in my opinion. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.
The "Recognize Scent of Others" skill is pretty much standard for what most humanoid animal races have in the Monsters & Animals book. Or are you taking about the Hoppitti racial skills I created?

Palladium in general makes level 1 ratios too low in my opinion. Often times they start no lower than 45% in my games because later in a character’s life experience levels more difficult to achieve. I like for characters to have good success ratios by the time they plateau at 4th or 5th level.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Natasha wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Palladium in general makes level 1 ratios too low in my opinion. Often times they start no lower than 45% in my games because later in a character’s life experience levels more difficult to achieve. I like for characters to have good success ratios by the time they plateau at 4th or 5th level.
They probably do, but I write stuff to try to be on par with canon material. You can always adjust the ratios to your liking in your game if you choose to use these character races.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”