Extraordinary Intelligence

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Extraordinary Intelligence

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

I have a question involving the use of Rifts OCCs and the mutant power of Extraordinary Intelligence as found in PU3.

The power states that you have one additional skill program to whatever skills you already possess. But Rifts does not have a skill program set up. Is there a set number of skills he selects or does he double the OCC related? This thing has been wracking my brain for the past week with no end in sight.
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Re: Extraordinary Intelligence

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Or just give them the equivalent number of skills that would be gained from that additional skill program. The skill programs are already outlined in numerous books, you might as well use them as a guideline.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Skill Programs are like MOS skill sets.

The easiest way to handle this is to have the player pick a skill program from the HU2 Main Book. Listing the skills as "Power Skills" so you know where they came from.
N&S, HU1, HU2, BTS1, AU:GG* are the books (that I can think of off the top of my head) that have skill programs in them

If you do not have the HU2 (or the others listed above) then 'GM fix' would be just pick five (5) skills out of the same skills cat.

*The skill programs in AU:GG are more like Class Skill sets then other skill programs. So you would need GM okay to use them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

He's a mutant. I rolled powers randomly. He also has impervious to magic (which was rolled as a minor then bumped up to major) and clock manipulation.

But as a city rat, he does. It receive any skill programs and that's why I asked here.
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

MethosDarkblade wrote:I have a question involving the use of Rifts OCCs and the mutant power of Extraordinary Intelligence as found in PU3.

The power states that you have one additional skill program to whatever skills you already possess. But Rifts does not have a skill program set up. Is there a set number of skills he selects or does he double the OCC related? This thing has been wracking my brain for the past week with no end in sight.

There are a few exceptions in HU, but a skill program normally contains four skills, so I would go with four extra O.C.C. Related skills.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Rifts®”