Anyone have Rifter 59 yet?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Anyone have Rifter 59 yet?

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Hey Spliceheads. I'm on vacation in California and was wondering if anyone has gotten their copies of Rifter 59 yet? My copies are sitting at home on my kitchen counter about as far away as they can be. I was just wondering what people think of the article and the information contained. I've heard that the art is awesome.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Quantum07
Explorer

Re: Anyone have Rifter 59 yet?

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I have it, and it is awesome! I always liked the Gorehounds, and this material just makes them so much better. Of course, the artwork is the fantastic artwork we have come to love and expect from our resident Splicer artist.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Rifter 59, the issue that all budding Packmasters MUST have. Once again, Galactus Kid has come up with some great stuff. The Packmasters and Gorehounds as presented in the original Splicers are a great concept; GK’s additions put them on par with Dreadguard and Outriders.

The additional breeds add a nice touch of spice and the special “Pack Mentality” rules and modifications make an already dangerous creation a lethal one.

As always, Premier’s artwork is outstanding, with Gorehounds that look both alien in design but still recognizable as offshoots of various canine breeds.

Top notch work guys!!! A 10+ on the 10 scale!!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Thanks for the glowing review, Guy!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

AS I haven't read completely though my SPLICERS main book, I was a bit lost... but #59 whetted my appetite to correct that oversight.

*Very* interesting stuff.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Myrrhibis wrote:AS I haven't read completely though my SPLICERS main book, I was a bit lost... but #59 whetted my appetite to correct that oversight.

*Very* interesting stuff.

Hooray!!! Get to reading Myrrhibis and welcome to Splicers. Its far and away my favorite Palladium setting (and one of my favorite all time settings); I hope you find it as addicitive as I have.

Really glad interest is building beyond the core fans.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

clockpunk wrote:Hmmmmm, really hope I don't have to wait another three months to be able to purchase Rifter 59 over here...

Me either, man. The art is spectacular, and we had a great time working on the material. Anyone who has ever even thought about playing a Packmaster should seriously consider picking it up since it offers some really good, fun and unique abilities to the class.

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Yes, I have my copy of Rifter #59. I thought the Splicers article was fascinating.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Sorry no help here. I am waiting for Black Market to make one order of Rifter 58 and 59 along with Black Market.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
The Galactus Kid

jaymz wrote:Sorry no help here. I am waiting for Black Market to make one order of Rifter 58 and 59 along with Black Market.

Cool man. Hopefully you will have it in your hands in a couple of weeks.

And Bookwyrm, thanks for the kind words. I hope to have more exciting stuff for the fans in the near future.

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I recived my copy over the weekend. Excellent artwork, solid material for Packmasters, enjoyed the bit about the breeds espacially the xeno. All that is missing are pictures of Gore puppies, or cuddly smaller versions of warmounts.
The Galactus Kid

89er wrote:I recived my copy over the weekend. Excellent artwork, solid material for Packmasters, enjoyed the bit about the breeds espacially the xeno. All that is missing are pictures of Gore puppies, or cuddly smaller versions of warmounts.

I MUST have chuck draw a little litter of gore puppies whil eat gencon.

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
89er wrote:I recived my copy over the weekend. Excellent artwork, solid material for Packmasters, enjoyed the bit about the breeds espacially the xeno. All that is missing are pictures of Gore puppies, or cuddly smaller versions of warmounts.

I MUST have chuck draw a little litter of gore puppies whil eat gencon.

Oh...This gives me such an idea for a possible illustration!
Man SPLICEHEADS are awesome and so...creative!!! :D
The Galactus Kid

clockpunk wrote:One question though, does this material seeing print in the Rifter preclude it from also appearing within the sourcebooks...?

I'm not sure, but I hope not. I'm actually hoping to include almost all of the stuff that we've written before as official material, but I'll have to talk to kevin about that.

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Yesterday I began reading the SPLICERS article...my God, Brandon + Chuck = WHAT I NEED / WANT / LOVE!!! This material IS NOT for the RIFTER, it is for a Official Sourcebook...Come on, someone should see that!

I can´t believe it but, right now, I am begining to like SPLICERS more than RIFTS (after more than 20 years, just the phrase itself is almost Sacrilege but the article is that good!).

Congratulations!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
The Galactus Kid

ffranceschi wrote: I am begining to like SPLICERS more than RIFTS

Yeah. I went through that about 3 or 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, I love RIFTS, but Splicers will be my baby for a while...well, an my REAL baby too.

Thank you so much for the congrats. I hope you like the rest of the article and what we have in store.

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

clockpunk wrote:One question though, does this material seeing print in the Rifter preclude it from also appearing within the sourcebooks...?

No, material has gone from the Rifter to the main books before. It has happened in the HU 2nd and Rifts books. Also Chaos Earth and Dead Reign were both started in the Rifter.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

ffranceschi wrote:I can´t believe it but, right now, I am begining to like SPLICERS more than RIFTS (after more than 20 years, just the phrase itself is almost Sacrilege but the article is that good!).

Congratulations!!!

Don't be too upset, but Splicers trumped Rifts for me as well. And all on the strength of a single book.

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I was amazed by Rifts, but my soul belongs to Splicers.
The Galactus Kid

89er wrote:I was amazed by Rifts, but my soul belongs to Splicers.

This is awesome.

Return to “Splicers®”