Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Maybe finally get around to finishing off the Cyberpsychologist OCC. :D

A couple of the NPC's decribed in the fluff-texts could REALLY stand to have a session or 12 with one. :D

Looking forward to it then. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I have been working on the Gut Grinders aka internal devastators, and several ideas have come to mind.

+ Implosion bomb, pulping the internal organs beyond regeneration.
+Expanding force field, popping the monster like a meaty balloon.
+Monofilament blender, slicing up the insides nice and thin.
+Hive Grenade, releases thousands of cyber- ants that chew their way through the body and into the bones.
+ Ionized gel, sprays the inside with electrically charged goo.
+Lombots, mini robots that heat towards the brain and bores holes through it.
+Belly burster, survives digestion only to release a rapid assembly drone that tears its way out of the intestines, infecting the wounds with waste.

Basically anything you do not want inside your stomach is being researched.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:I have been working on the Gut Grinders aka internal devastators, and several ideas have come to mind.

+ Implosion bomb, pulping the internal organs beyond regeneration.
+Expanding force field, popping the monster like a meaty balloon.
+Monofilament blender, slicing up the insides nice and thin.
+Hive Grenade, releases thousands of cyber- ants that chew their way through the body and into the bones.
+ Ionized gel, sprays the inside with electrically charged goo.
+Lombots, mini robots that heat towards the brain and bores holes through it.
+Belly burster, survives digestion only to release a rapid assembly drone that tears its way out of the intestines, infecting the wounds with waste.

Basically anything you do not want inside your stomach is being researched.

Add to that list the Buffalo Wings from "Myrtz's Shack of Indigestion'. Where Real Men go to die(trying to digest something that would require DNA and gas chromatograph analysis to identify).

But take a page from James Bond; anti-shark pellets that blow up people like balloons work just fine. Or from 'Jaws', where a handy inflatable life raft or high pressure oxygen cylinder shoved down the critter's throat equals finely minced sushi.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: Shemarrians and the Vampire Threat

‘Do you like my embrace, bloodsucker? Custom-made armor with silver spikes, is it not beautiful up close? Feel my strength, my glorious strength, as it brings you closer to my armor!Does not the silver pain you so purely, so exquisitely, as it pins and binds you? Now see my light, the sun’s transplanted glory, the Light of the Silvermoon, as it burns your tainted flesh!”
---Sister Alpha Aten-Swiftlight, Silvermoon Tribe Vampire Hunter

As noted in both Vampire Kingdoms Revised and Damon Sutton’s Shemarrian expansion in Rifter #53, ARCHIE-3 has, at Hagan Lonovich’s urging, committed a substantial force of Shemarrians(a thousand) plus various other robots and replibots, to scouting the Vampire Kingdoms and fighting vampires. The discovery of such a large number of potential sisters (and brothers) means that the Ecotroz rebels MUST move to contact and sway this large pool of potential recruits to their side. While the Hawkmoons are able to send a few fast moving aerial teams down Mexico way, it is the Wayfinders and Sapphire Cobras that send substantial expeditions to investigate.
ARCHIE-3 is able to warn his minions in the New West, but not in time(he underestimates the intelligence capabilities and decision-making of the rebels) to prevent the EShemar from managing to surprise and gain a foothold among the New West contingent. From there, the Shemarrian Civil War visits the New West, with the rebels and the loyalists trying to bushwack each other.
This interTribal warfare disrupts the anti-vampire work of the Shemarrians, allowing quite a few vampires who might otherwise have been destroyed by the coordinated efforts of the Shemarrians, now distracted by the fighting with their own kindred. However, any vampire that encounters either the rebels or the loyalists is going to wind up just as destroyed as they would be if they’d been hunted down.
However, once the Ecotroz rebels are able to convert loyalists and consolidate their positions, the more personable EShemarrians are even MORE effective at hunting vampires, especially when ferreting out the Secondary Vampires. And the new influx of different designs and equipment that comes with the newcomers has caught the vampires offguard; Sapphire Cobra rattlesnake Cypers are even more effective at seeking out vampire lairs than the wolves and raptors ARCHIE-3 deployed. While the numbers of Shemarrians active in the New West anti-vampire campaigns temporarily wanes due to civil war attrition, their numbers will again surge as the rebels establish control and bring in reinforcements. Better yet, the EShemar will find ready manpower pools of potential NeShemar in the survivors of vampire attacks. This will result in a new generation of cyborg vampire hunters with good reason to want to slay vampires.
The Wayfinders in particular, once they’ve gotten a look at the data assimilated from converted loyalists, and seen the situation with their own senses, will be especially adamant about making a war with the vampires a priority of their Tribe. Magic-casting gynoids will begin establishing outposts farther and farther down the West Coast and Rockies, building infrastructure for future actions against the Vampire Kingdoms.
Once the task of routing out the loyalists and dealing with the power vacuum left by the Dark One’s defeat is done with, and the Splugorth threat at least held at bay, the reformed Shemarrian Nation will most certainly turn its eye towards the Undead Problem in Mexico. Such an effort will be led by the Wayfinders, but the Sapphire Cobras, Wolf’s Path, Silvermoons, and Lost Eclipse have all expressed an interest in sending contingents to deal with the vampire threat. The Bloodriders, Hawkmoons, and Horrorwoods have also agreed to contribute small groups to test their skills, and the Dark Waters have agreed to provide naval transport in the event of coastal operations farther down along the Central and South American coasts. This influx of Shemarrian might be even more concerning to Doctor Reid, who already has his worries about the Shemarrians’ ultimate agendas in the region.
As enclaves in the SouthWest grow and new generations of Shemarrian vampire hunters are brought into being at these enclaves via Progen, there is even talk in some circles of the establishment of a new Tribe. However, the elders of the participating Tribes feel that such is unnecessary, instead prefering to regard the expanded operations as a shared duty of cooperating existing Tribes, rather than the specialization of a single new one.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:ok:
and speaking of which, the entry on the Wayfinder I have in progress deals with the whole "So do all the skill from the existing Gynoid / Android vanish, gestalt or what?" question. :D :quiet:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote::ok:
and speaking of which, the entry on the Wayfinder I have in progress deals with the whole "So do all the skill from the existing Gynoid / Android vanish, gestalt or what?" question. :D :quiet:

"Information cannot be destroyed; only transformed." ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-bumpy-

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:-bumpy-

"Was that a speed bump or..."
"Something living? Lemme back the Monstrex up(#BEEP-BEEP-BEEP#)...Okay, lift your feet, Beauty. First one, now the other...Yep, looks like we stepped in Kydian. Okay, now clean your feet off on the ground, Beauty, we don't want to track that stuff back to camp."
"Kagome, you are the only Shemarrian I know who has TAIL LIGHTS and a back-up beeper on your Monstrex."
"What can I say, it's a Ghostrider thing, Sister Elvira has tailfins on hers, Sister Shakka added heavy exhaust pipes that shoot flames."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

"Something living? Lemme back the Monstrex up(#BEEP-BEEP-BEEP#)...Okay, lift your feet, Beauty. First one, now the other...Yep, looks like we stepped in Kydian. Okay, now clean your feet off on the ground, Beauty, we don't want to track that stuff back to camp."
"Kagome, you are the only Shemarrian I know who has TAIL LIGHTS and a back-up beeper on your Monstrex."
"What can I say, it's a Ghostrider thing, Sister Elvira has tailfins on hers, Sister Shakka added heavy exhaust pipes that shoot flames."

Sister Valkis; "Chrome claws, gloss-black sensor dome and... PURPLE GLOW UNDERCARRIAGE BELLY LIGHTS!?
Have you no respect for tradition?!?" :frust: :badbad:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Sister Valkis; "Chrome claws, gloss-black sensor dome and... PURPLE GLOW UNDERCARRIAGE BELLY LIGHTS!?
Have you no respect for tradition?!?" :frust: :badbad:

"Don't think of it as a bump, think of it as a jump."
"What do you mean, Sister? Why are we backing up?...Or you can't meanthatohgoddessyoudoISHOULDN"THAVEGIVENYOUTHATDUKESOFHAZARDLUNCHBOXYOUCRAZY-!!!....
praisethegoddessfornobrokenchassisbutmyspine'sgoingtoneedre-alignment...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Uh Hoyt, have I caught you at a bad time?"

"Oh no, just feeding my Vat-pets. Ever since I started making these little ones, Shemar from every tribe have been wanting one. Sure they seem strange, an but adorable and cuddly strange. Most are concepts for new war mounts, like Grillber over there?"

"You mean the piglet?"

" Yep, soon enough Blood Riders will have their own war mount and grill station all in one. Speaking of which, would you like a pet, she is a mix of an ambulance and a frog? I'm calling it the Amphibulance for now."
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Why is it that I have these voices in my head? Seriously. I'm a human soul inside of a Shemarrian male scout frame; I thought the process of implantation via The Heart got rid of the original digital / analog personality matrix. Yet here I am able to use a military grade ECM suite, hunt, skin and dress game animals PLUS shoot out the eye of a deerfly at 100 yards. What gives? I was just a Technomancer hacker with no prospects of getting any dates on Friday night to D-Bee man, gold medalist biathelete and navy seal, surrounded by amazonian battlebabes who just so happen to house the souls of my fellow mage-guild mates."
"At least I'm no longer ONE the amazonian battle-babes. That's gonna take a while to live-down."

~Franklyn "F2@k1yn Nerumomancer"; Technowizard Cyberjacker /Wayfinder male scout.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:"Uh Hoyt, have I caught you at a bad time?"

"Oh no, just feeding my Vat-pets. Ever since I started making these little ones, Shemar from every tribe have been wanting one. Sure they seem strange, an but adorable and cuddly strange. Most are concepts for new war mounts, like Grillber over there?"

"You mean the piglet?"

" Yep, soon enough Blood Riders will have their own war mount and grill station all in one. Speaking of which, would you like a pet, she is a mix of an ambulance and a frog? I'm calling it the Amphibulance for now."

A full-grown/up-sized Amphibulance would be roughly mansized and would be able to climb up sheer cliffs using molecular adhesion suckers on its legs, carrying a human-sized passenger strapped to a stretcher on its back. Just what you need for alpine rescues. Plus it would be able to swim; again a plus for rescue work. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Why is it that I have these voices in my head? Seriously. I'm a human soul inside of a Shemarrian male scout frame; I thought the process of implantation via The Heart got rid of the original digital / analog personality matrix. Yet here I am able to use a military grade ECM suite, hunt, skin and dress game animals PLUS shoot out the eye of a deerfly at 100 yards. What gives? I was just a Technomancer hacker with no prospects of getting any dates on Friday night to D-Bee man, gold medalist biathelete and navy seal, surrounded by amazonian battlebabes who just so happen to house the souls of my fellow mage-guild mates."
"At least I'm no longer ONE the amazonian battle-babes. That's gonna take a while to live-down."

~Franklyn "F2@k1yn Nerumomancer"; Technowizard Cyberjacker /Wayfinder male scout.

Embrace the transhuman, Gibsonator. Embrace the transhuman. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

GAH!!! my last post is filled with typo daemons. :frust:
Just goes to show; "Don't write without sufficient coffee." :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:GAH!!! my last post is filled with typo daemons. :frust:
Just goes to show; "Don't write without sufficient coffee." :nh:

"Never type in a dark room late at night, thinking that you can conserve a little extra on electricty by illuminating only with the computer screen" is my typo daemon lesson. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-bump-

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"Have we been forgotten, Sister?"
"No...t'is greatest conceit to believe we are the center of the megaverse and that all revolves around us. Time and space for us abides awhile while other dramas unfold, other tales are told, and great energies gather and redistribute. Our time will come again and sooner than we may suspect or wish, so cherish the downtime."
"In other words, hold my horses and go read a book?"
"...yeah."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Say I was wondering, who does VatFather Sparks see?"
"I do not understand your question?"
"Ok, I mean which was does he swing?"
"Everywhere son, everywhere."
"Oh come on, I heard he was with a War Goddess, before the business, but you're telling me Hoyt is..."
"The term is omnisexual and he has secured alliances for both Paladin Steel and the Star Nations, plus his work on instantaneous gender restructuring is second to none."
"But the guy is a whack job!"
"If you are scared of him so much, why did you volunteer for the program?"
taalismn
Priest

Well, I'm looking at NEMA mini-robots and Triax's own robot pets and mouse-bots as the basis of Nightmare 'spawnbots' or 'swarmers'. :wink: :twisted:

Imagine a Monstrex like the Spinsters' 'mule' carrying a micro-fabricator Assembler Forge for cheap Triax-like 'mouse bots' with very little MDC....load scrap and various necessary materials in one end and the thing 'births' dozens, if not hundreds, of expendable micro-robots. Maybe call it a 'RatQueen'?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Well, I'm looking at NEMA mini-robots and Triax's own robot pets and mouse-bots as the basis of Nightmare 'spawnbots' or 'swarmers'. :wink: :twisted:

Imagine a Monstrex like the Spinsters' 'mule' carrying a micro-fabricator Assembler Forge for cheap Triax-like 'mouse bots' with very little MDC....load scrap and various necessary materials in one end and the thing 'births' dozens, if not hundreds, of expendable micro-robots. Maybe call it a 'RatQueen'?

Sploogie and / or CS Mook squad; :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Well, I'm looking at NEMA mini-robots and Triax's own robot pets and mouse-bots as the basis of Nightmare 'spawnbots' or 'swarmers'. :wink: :twisted:

Sploogie and / or CS Mook squad; :?

SQUEAK
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Okay this has to happen, and why stop with robo rats, go nuts with this. Have it spawn robo ants that zerg over other large threats, or bees for flying. Add tiny explosives to each micro-bot, or tear an opening into a giant robot and have them run rampant.

For twisted results, have them force fed to dangerous creatures to tear up the beast from the inside out.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Okay this has to happen, and why stop with robo rats, go nuts with this. Have it spawn robo ants that zerg over other large threats, or bees for flying. Add tiny explosives to each micro-bot, or tear an opening into a giant robot and have them run rampant.

For twisted results, have them force fed to dangerous creatures to tear up the beast from the inside out.

Ah, the classic "Find the Dead Body and (insert small critter) Crawls Out of the Corpse" shot. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:"Say I was wondering, who does VatFather Sparks see?"
"I do not understand your question?"
"Ok, I mean which was does he swing?"
"Everywhere son, everywhere."
"Oh come on, I heard he was with a War Goddess, before the business, but you're telling me Hoyt is..."
"The term is omnisexual and he has secured alliances for both Paladin Steel and the Star Nations, plus his work on instantaneous gender restructuring is second to none."
"But the guy is a whack job!"
"If you are scared of him so much, why did you volunteer for the program?"

"Look, the guy has universal interfaces!"
"And so many..." :eek:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

89er wrote:Okay this has to happen, and why stop with robo rats, go nuts with this. Have it spawn robo ants that zerg over other large threats, or bees for flying. Add tiny explosives to each micro-bot, or tear an opening into a giant robot and have them run rampant.

Squid or crab like for aquatic versions.. make some for special purposes.. swarm of little spider-like robots with adhesive feet and a short spool of cable for spreading a spy network before a large strike for live datafeeds.. also good for hacking other computers possibly.. glowing eyes for stalking prey to freak them out as they see thousands of little red, green, blue or even pink? eyes moving about in the dark.. ooh! make some that even laugh like a hyena for more nightmare shock stalking factor.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Squid or crab like for aquatic versions.. make some for special purposes.. swarm of little spider-like robots with adhesive feet and a short spool of cable for spreading a spy network before a large strike for live datafeeds.. also good for hacking other computers possibly.. glowing eyes for stalking prey to freak them out as they see thousands of little red, green, blue or even pink? eyes moving about in the dark.. ooh! make some that even laugh like a hyena for more nightmare shock stalking factor.

I started out with a simple adaptation of the NEMA spiderprobe with a set of MD vibroblade nippers....the sound of dozens, if not hundreds, of bladed mouth parts going snip-snip-snip would have a maddening effect on anybody, especially if they couldn't see the little blighters.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

I'm going to be slow in updating this and my other threads for the foreseeable future; life dropped a serious bomb on a close family member with collateral damage just starting to ripple out. Serious anger, fear, and frustration at looming uncertainty mark my attitude currently, as well as a festering dislike for an establishment I once held in high regard.
A plague of chitterlings upon them for what they did. :x

Shemarrian ‘Chitterling’ Attack-Mite(Nightmare Tribe)

scritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscrit
“Oh Merciful Haldar Deathheart! Preserve your followers! A pestilence not of our making is upon us! They’re behind us! They’re ahead of us! They’re all around us! Even...above...us?!”
scritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscritscrit

These insideous little robots are another exclusive of the Lost Eclipse. Based on the NEMA Spider-Drone, the small insectile drones are used to overwhelm an opponent in numbers. They are also used as scouts, couriers, and communications relays. The Lost Eclipse also uses them as ‘carrion beetles’, to dispose of whatever cannot be recycled from a fallen opponent, and to clean up battlefields, removing any incriminating physical evidence of the Shemarrian presence(or the fate of the fallen enemy). Small packs of a dozen or so of these ‘bots are frequently used to scout or patrol, while attack swarms of a hundred or more are unleashed on enemy formations and facilities.
Disguised to look like scarabs or similar beetle-like creatures, Chitterlings scurry on multiple legs and can climb and leap with diabolical proficiency. They can normally move silently, but they are best known for their ‘chitter-chitter’ (from their multiple leg actuators clattering or their mouth blades snic-snacking together)sound that can become quite maddening when dozens, or hundreds, of the drones are on the move and the attack.
Individual Chitterlings can be outrun, outfought, and outsmarted but deployed properly, they can take down far larger oponents by sheer weight of numbers. ‘Death by a Thousand Cuts’ describes the fate of most enemies unlucky enough to fall victim to a swarm of Chitterlings.
Being disposable drones, Chitterlings are NOT Awakened with an Ecotroz consciousness, nor do EShemarrians become particularly attached emotionally to the little menaces(not like other Shemmarian ‘animals’).
Type: EcoS-D08LE
Class: Robot ‘Swarm’ Drone
Crew: None, Robot Drone
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 12
Sensor Array 12
Legs(6-8) 3 each
Mandible Array 5
Height: 8 inches in diameter. Legs can extend out 6 inches
Width: 8 inches in diameter. Legs can extend out 6 inches
Length: 8 inches in diameter
Weight: 5 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 8
Powerplant: Micro-Nuclear w/ 2 year energy life.
Speed: (Running) 6 MPH(Roughly Speed 10)
(Leaping) 3 ft up, 6 ft across
(Climbing) Excellent, can climb at HALF speed, and skitter across ceilings at QUARTER speed.
(Prowl) Equivalent to 72%
(Flying) Not possible
(Underwater) Run along bottom at HALF normal speed, Maximum depth of 800 ft.
Systems of Note:
-Multi-Optics(2,000 ft range)
-Telescoping Zoom Lens(2,000 ft range)
-Micro-Magnifying Lens(x2, x10, x50 magnification)
-Thermal Optics( 1,000 ft range)
-Camera/Video w/ live transmission capability)( 15 miles range)
-Electronic Ear and Audio Transmitter w/ scrambler capabilities( 1.5 miles range)
-Laser Distancer( 1,000 ft range)
-Radiation Detector(100 ft diameter area)
-Air Thermometer(20 ft diameter area)
-Molecular Analyzer(20 ft diameter area)

*Molecular Adhesion Feet---The splay-toed feet of the Chit have ultra-small ‘gecko velcro’ pads that allow the small power armors to cling to just about any surface able to hold the bot’s weight.

*Plastic Shell---The exterior shell of the Chitterling is a ‘slip-on’ type cover that can be quickly customized by a mobile micro-fac and replaced by field operatives to disguise the outward appearance of the Chitterlings to resemble any of a number of small animals, insects, or d-bee creatues, such as crabs, giant spiders, beetles, stoneball bugs, and the like.

Weapons Systems:
1) Mandible Weapons---The Chitterling can carry a single weapon in the form of mandibles
a) Vibroblades---1d4 MD per ‘bite’
b) Drug Injector---Can be fitted with a vibro-stilleto needle for drugging MDC beings(stilleto does 1 SD/MD penetration damage, plus effects/damage from injected drugs/chemicals). 20 dose capacity.
c) Acid Injector---10 ft range spray does 1 MD per melee for 1d4 melees. 10 applications.
d) Nanite Sprayer---Sprays a dose of destructive mil-nano that tears apart materials. 3d6 MD per melee for 2d4 melees. 6 applications.
e) Laser Cutter---50 ft range, 1d6, 3d6 SDC, or 2d4 MD per blast, Effectively Unlimited payload linked to the power cell
f) Micro- Blaster----300 ft range, 1d4 MD per blast, Effectively Unlimited payload
g) Tazer----Contact zapper. Range: Melee, Damage: Victims roll versus non-lethal poison or be -8 to strike, dodge, and parry for 2d4 melees

2) Self-Destruct---If so ordered, Chitterlings can explode in a thermal-acidic pulse that does 1d4 MD to a 3 ft wide area, besides obliterating the robot itself.

3)(Optional)Micro-Grenade ‘Layer’---Bionic Finger Grenade charges, reconfigured to look like small ‘eggs’, that can be stuck to a target(the casing is covered with sticky fibers). Up to 8 can be carried. 2d4 MD to 10 ft area.

Programming:
Basic Math: 98%
Radio Basic 98%
Prowl 72%
Tracking 60%
Land Navigation 86%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +1
Strike +1
Automatic Dodge +3
Roll +3
Crush/Pinch w/ Clawed Feet 1d4 SDC
Leg Attack/Drop 1d6 SDC
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Majorly sorry to hear about the IRL Fecal-storm hittin' your clan.
Not to worry...I am endeavoring to get the SCW up to full swing.

And bugs...why'd it have to be BUGS!? :eek: :frazz:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Majorly sorry to hear about the IRL Fecal-storm hittin' your clan.
Not to worry...I am endeavoring to get the SCW up to full swing.

And bugs...why'd it have to be BUGS!? :eek: :frazz:

It's a rapidly evolving situation, but I got some good news an hour ago that part of the gorkup got reversed thanks to a VERY good advocate on the scene who understood the particulars better than the rest of us and saw it for what it was, a compulsive-impulsive micromanager facilitating a depressive workaholic. So I've been told to stand down from DefCon Two edging to DefCon One and quit trying to explode particular heads through wishful TK. Still....rocky road ahead for us all, walking on eggshells, that sort of thing.

And it happened after I'd fulfilled a dream of mine; flying over my hometown.
Now, I'm an acute acrophobiac who likes to fly(!), so what do I do? I pay fifty dollars to go up in an antique Piper Cub with one side of the fuselage wide open.
Ten minutes that went like an eternity and like ten seconds. I think I embossed my fingerprints on the back of the pilot's seat. My knuckles are still white, my legs still rubbery. A few times I had to focus on the distant horizon to stay sane...and when you're SLLLOOOWWWWLLLYYYY flying over rugged New England terrain, DOWN looks a lot more...well....DOWN, especially when you fly over a ridge.
AND then the plane banks in a turn.
It was like flying a canoe off waterfalls.
I didn't freak, and to my credit, my brain was pointing out features like a map, but even now that I'm on terra firma my laughter still has a maniac edge to it.
Is this how roller-coaster fanatics feel?
It was scary, it was fun, I may do it again next year, if the same thing is happening. I'd like to remember a bit more about all the sights.
But I may decide to go with a more enclosed aircraft...

So I've been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster this week, and it's only MONDAY!!!!(hysterical laughter)

As for bugs? 89er was talking about swarmers. This is the quickest thing I could whip up/copy pasta to meet that requirement and get me back working for the Girls. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Wow, sorry to here about your troubles, I'm here if you want to talk.

Besides, this is a good idea, easy to mass produce and a few neat options.

Hope the girls can help you out of this.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Wow, sorry to here about your troubles, I'm here if you want to talk.

Well, at least one girl really helped us out on this one...an advocate to whom I'm eternally grateful. Without her, things would be a LOT uglier.
It's being at a remove from the situation that's both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, there's insulation in distance. On the other, it's the NOT KNOWING between updates that can really tear at the nerves.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Wow, sorry to here about your troubles, I'm here if you want to talk.

Well, at least one girl really helped us out on this one...an advocate to whom I'm eternally grateful. Without her, things would be a LOT uglier.
It's being at a remove from the situation that's both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, there's insulation in distance. On the other, it's the NOT KNOWING between updates that can really tear at the nerves.

I know what that situation is like.. only in my case is health of my father. Also conflicting info from various family members while he's in the hospital.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I know what that situation is like.. only in my case is health of my father. Also conflicting info from various family members while he's in the hospital.

It's a little club we all don't want to be a member of when family gets in a bad situation. You have my sympathies.

I'll try to make the next posts more upbeat and on topic, though. :D As I said, situation is slowly improving, but like a fault line, it ain't to be the same as before, and there's aftershocks that have to be anticipated.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

It's white-hot production frenzy time(fireworks cancelled in my area tonight, plus I've got too much caff in me)

EcoS-K-35 Monstriark----”Drone Mother”

“I was about to turn in for the night after a long day’s travel, and I THOUGHT I’d picked out a right safe place to bunk down, but turns out I was wrong, ‘cause all of a sudden, there’s this Spiny Ravager charging out of the wilds right at me, mouth wide open and ready to pull me in for its snack. Worse yet, it got between me and my gun and even after I dodged, the monster was smart enough to keep itself between me and my ‘stick. Cursed demonic thing, too smart, was just waiting to tire me out ‘til I made a move in the wrong direction and bolt and it could just bolt me down. And I almost did right what it pleased, except suddenly the thing starts looking funny, like it’s broken out in spots. Only spots don’t move, and then I realize it’s covered in a crawling swarm of things...furry little things, hard-shelled things, crawly things...hundreds of them...some as big as my head, others as small as my thumb...all over it. The ravager’s standing in a heap of them, like a pool of shadow, and they’re climbing and jumping all over it.
About the time I realize this, the ravager suddenly realizes too that we ain’t alone, because it starts hooting and howling because those things must be hurting it something...Maybe it could shrug off one or two such buggers...and I know ravagers can carry ticks and other parasites...but this thing has HUNDREDs all over it and it can’t shake them all. It forgets me, and I manage to finally grab my gun, but rather than start blasting away, I stand back and start watching as the spiny starts bleeding from all these little holes in its hide...only some are smoking and others are dripping and one or two are actually BURNING and that spiny is in serious pain, cause it starts yellin’ even louder. And I can see alot of them bugs or rats or whatever jumping in its mouth and they must have been having a fine old party in there because after a moment the spiny stops making sounds, and its tongue falls out, and it starts coughing blood and more blood starts pouring from its eyes, and in a matter of less than a minute that big beast that was ready to make a meal of me drops dead.
Now when all those buggers start pouring off that carcass, I get ready to run in case they decide all to come after me, only they all file off into the brush like an army of ants, which is funny because I think some of them WERE ants, and they just vanish like they appeared, like shadows, leaving me all alone with the ravager carcass.
Well, not ALL alone. ‘Cause I hear a cough behind me and I whirl around to see a Shemarrian standing right behind me. Now, even though she’s half in shadow and I can’t see her face, I can tell it’s a Shemarrian, because ain’t nobody else dresses like that, or moves like they own the woods like that. And she stares at me with glowing eyes and tells me in no uncertain terms that this place isn’t safe and if I know what’s good for me, I’ll leave NOW. But then she tells me there’s a better place a mile or so away up an easy slope. Now, I don’t like traveling at night, and a mile can take hours even in open country, but the way she said it, after what I’d just seen, I wasn’t about to argue with her, so I gathered up my stuff and GOT. Last I saw of her, she was standing near the carcass, unsheathing her blades, so I figure she was going to skin what was left of the thing. I wasn’t about to stick around to see for certain, ‘cause I don’t argue with people who can summon up the little critters of the forest against the biggest. I just don’t.”
---Alsop Mendo, Wilderness Scout.

News of the EShemarrian expeditions to Europe were followed with great interest by the rest of the EShemarrian community, and the wealth of data on foreign technologies, as well as hard data and even samples, that returned with the explorers back to North America was greeted with enthusiasm by EShemar Tinkers. The Lost Eclipse was no different, and they waited eagerly to see what secrets the Tinkers had observed and reverse-engineered to add to the EShemarrian arsenal.
In particular the Nightmares were interested in the many small drones the Germans were using both as pets and as covert weapons against the Gargoyles. While most of the Tribes regarded such robots as the EIR-60 Extermination Robot and EIR-70 Spy Robots with some small interest but ultimate dismissal, only the Horrorwoods and Lost Eclipse saw greater promise in the designs and set about copying and adapting them for their own use. The Nightmare Tribe had already decided that smaller robots were the perfect vector for infiltrating disruption agents such as micro-incendiaries, gas bombs, nerve agents, and malnano into enemy ranks as part of the overall Lost Eclipse battle strategy. Time and available resources, since leaving the ranks of ARCHIE-3’s army, kept the Nightmares from being able to quickly develop their own micro-robots, so having somebody else, especially the Germans, do most of the work for them was a Goddess-send, and the Nightmares were quick to jump to adapting the purloined designs to their own cause. Soon, enemies of the Lost Eclipse were being overwhelmed with nightmarish hordes of micro-robots, crawling over them like magically-summoned vermin, taking them apart bite by bite, or inflicting them with all manner of terrible plagues; acid burns, scourged skin, monstrous hallucinations, raving insanity and the like.
However, the early uses of the microrobots pointed up a number of logistical problems for the Nightmares. Because of the problems of mass-producing and effectively deploying the required numbers of these small drones was daunting, even given the small size of individual robots, some means was needed to be able to create the necessary amount of them in the field, closer to the area of deployment. The Nightmares decided to gamble on advances in Assembler Forge technology and developed a mobile nanofactory that could operate in the field, following warbands, and supplying them as needed with their swarm-weapons.
The Lost Eclipse based their new ‘Monstriark’ on the GI (‘Genuine Imitation’) Rhino-Buffalo chassis. Sporting an oversized(doublewide) wide torso, the quadruped ‘bot carries an ultra compact manufactory in its belly. The Monstriark’s hippo-like mouth also contains a crusher and roller system for gathering in and masticating large amounts of raw materials to feed the internal factory. Molecular analyzers allow the robot beast to sniff out required materials, although it is typically led to resources, or fed with pre-gathered material stocks.
Attended to by a Spinster/Tinker and apprentices, the Monstriark can devour materials in the field then use its nanorepair system to pass the digested materials to the miniature Assembler Forge in its torso, where the high sophisticated systems there render the raw materials into assembled drones. The Monstriark can subsequently ‘birth’ dozens, if not hundreds, of fresh drones per hour, with sufficient supplies of raw materials. In times between fighting, Monstriark packs can graze on ruins or battlefield remains, churning put drones and storing them internally, or distributing them as needed to Lost Eclipse units. After battles, the Drone-Mothers then help clean up the wreckage(the Nightmares find no small amount of amusing irony in turning enemy remains into new weapons to use against the enemy’s comrades) and make up the losses.
Monstriarks typically stay in the rear of EShemarrian battles, remaining out of enemy range, and only committed to combat in emergencies or in mop-up operations. However, they can serve quite ably as troop carriers and beasts of burden, operating in concert with other Warmounts.
Since their introduction, these Warmounts have become organic to Lost Eclipse warbands, with the Tinker support element consisting of 1-4 of these Warmounts, accompanied by the smaller ‘Mule’ Monstrexes, providing material and repair support to the troops.

‘War-Vermin’:
These are direct adaptations of the EIR-60 Extermination Robot and EIR-70 Spy Robots and have been deployed first because of their quick reverse-engineering and ease of construction with the new nanomanufactories.

*EcoS-D06LE ‘Cooter’(aka ‘Cootie’)--- This is almost a point for point copy of the Triax EIR-60 Extermination Robot (Rifts Triax 2: pgs 129-130), with 10 SDC main body, a running speed of 10 MPH, and a range of 96 hours. The main differences are a change in body styling to more resemble a large insect or spider, and a wider range of carried micro-ordnance can be carried:
-High Explosive: 2d4 MD to a 10 ft area
-Incendiary: 1d6 MD to a 12 ft splash, and an additional 1d4 MD per melee for 1d6 melees
-Acid: Does 1 MD per melee for 1d4 melees. 3 applications.
-Malnano----A less discriminate variant of the Sapphire Cobras’ ‘Serpent’s Kiss’ nanoweapon. This nanotech can be programmed to disassemble ONLY metal or organic materials, or unzip both indiscriminately. They do 3d6 MD per melee for 2d4 melees.
-Hallucinogenic Gas: Covers a 12 ft wide area. Those who inhale or come into skin contact with the gas(it is skin-absorbant) must roll versus non-lethal poison or suffer a delusional state where the sights are too bright, the noises too loud, and just about any stimuli will trigger a rampant escalation of sounds and images , typically based on the victim’s fears and anxieties. Effects last 6d6 minutes, during which the victim is -10 to all combat actions. Gas cloud persists for 1d6 minutes, especially in confined spaces or in conditions of stagnant air.
-Nerve Agent: Covers a 12 ft wide area. Those who inhale or come into skin contact with the gas(it is skin-absorbant) must roll versus lethal poison or suffer 2d4x10 SDC/Hit Point damage. Gas cloud persists for 1d6 minutes, especially in confined spaces or in conditions of stagnant air.
-Drug Injector---Can be fitted with a vibro-stileto needle for drugging MDC beings(stiletto does 1 SD/MD penetration damage, plus effects/damage from injected drugs/chemicals). 5 dose capacity.

*EcoS-D07LE ‘Bubonic’(aka ‘Bubunny’)---The Nightmare version of the EIR-70 Spy Robot (Rifts Triax 2: pgs 130-131). It has a main body MDC of 8-10, a running speed of 15 MPH, and a battery life of five months. Again, body styling is the main difference, with rodents, rabbits, and ferrets being common disguises. That, and the EcoS-D07 can carry a small armaments package similar to the EcoS-D06, only double the payload for acid and drug injectors. They can also be fitted with twin vibro-stileto teeth/mandibles(or claws, as the case may be) that do 2 points of MD per bite/pinch/claw.

Type: EcoS-K-35 Monstriark
Class: Robotic Warmount, Drone-Mother
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 3 passengers on top.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 290
Head 80
Legs(4) 100 each

Sometimes wears MDC barding, that can add an additional 80-150 MDC.

Height: 20 ft at shoulder
Width: 18 ft
Length: 40 ft
Weight: 9 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms, plus whatever can be lashed to the body.
Internal storage bins can hold up to 400 EcoS-D06LE or 200 EcoS-D07LE drones ready for deployment.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 40
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 75 MPH
(Leaping) 30 ft up/60 ft across
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim at a slow 3 MPH, or run along the bottom at 6 MPH.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar. Any of the other powers would LOVE to get their hands on a Monstriark for its industrial technology alone.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Magnetometer---Detects disturbances in the local magnetic fields, signaling the presence of metal, active electronic hardware, or other EM-phenomenon.
Range: The magnetometer has a range of 4,000 ft and can detect vehicles and other metallic structures with 80% accuracy. Active fusion powerplant containment fields, energetic magnetic anomalies, and powered-up railguns can be detected at TWICE normal range.

*Advanced Molecular Analyzer---A more advanced chemical sampler and sniffer that includes a chemo-spectrograph...Useful for testing for the presence of trace radioactives(and what type), petrochemicals, explosives, and toxics, especially materials that can be recycled into new industrial stock and explosives. Includes a deployable ground probe(the Monstriarck’s tongue) for testing soil.

*Ground Radar---Useful for locating underground pipes, cables, hidden bunkers, basements, and for testing the stability of the ground(can determine if the underlying soil is sandy and soft, or hardpacked and firm). The ground radar has a range of 3,000 ft, and has a 90% chance of detecting metal-cased mines, 60% chance of detecting nonmetallic ordnance.

*Mine Detector-----A detection coil is in the nose and uses a variety of magnetic, chemical, and ground sonar detection systems to sniff out mines and buried ordnance. 85% accuracy.

*False Flesh Covering---Almost ALL Monstriarks are covered in fake flesh and fur to further the illusion of being real animals(possibly some relative of the Rhino-Buffalo) and hide the Nightmare Tribe’s movements.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Monstriarks have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Drone Assembly---The onboard manufactory can produce EcoS-D06LE and EcoS-D07LE drones(or can be programmed to produce other, similar ‘bots) from scratch.
Typical rate of assembly:
-EcoS-D06LE ---Up to 100 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 1 MD or 200 SDC of consumed materials to produce 8 drones
-EcoS-D07LE ---Up to 20 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 25 MD of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.
If not producing drones, the nanofactory has a secondary role of producing ammunition; it can produce 50 high explosive(OR 30 incendiary/ acid OR 5 malnano) grenades/shells or 100 rounds of solid rail gun ammunition per hour, if properly fed with the right materials

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)----These concealed weapons are normally used to cut up materials(when outsiders aren’t watching) for digestion, but in a pinch they can give the Monstriark an unexpected ranged attack.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single shot, 4d6 MD for both eyes firing simultaneously
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Bite---The head is oversized and bison-like, but has an enormous hippopotamus-like jaw full of sharp and grinding teeth that can pulverize just about anything caught between them.
Range: Melee
Damage: 4d6 MD per bite

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs in the Monstriark, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Monstriarks typically have placid, cow-like personalities, and are content to graze and chug away at shelling out happy little war-vermin, but if disturbed or attacked, they can turn on an intruder with hippopotamus-like ferocity.
Typically has the same basic programming as for the Monstrex, plus has Recycling and Salvage at 92% for being able to sniff out and hunt down useful materials for feeding its factory-guts.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Monstriark intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits).
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +5
Parry+5
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Bite 4d6 MD
Claw 6d6 MD
Stomp 3d6 MD
Leap Attack with Claws:(2 attacks) 1d6x10+5 MD due to the greater mass of the Monstriark.
Head Butt 2d4 MD.
Ram/Body Block: (2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD. 90% chance of knocking down opponents 20 ft tall or shorter(lose initiative and 2 APMs, plus a 70% chance of pinning the target down).

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Monstriark an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:EcoS-K-35 Monstriark----”Drone Mother”

Bravo...bravo! :eek: :? :ok:

I'ma gonna keep hands off of the 'Nightmare'; I think these ladies are in good hands.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Heh, it's the little things that will get ya.

But, if you ever have an idea for them, feel free to share with the rest of us, and who knows? More than likely, we'll flesh it out. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

It's amazing, considering the holiday madness. I would take good care of her, feed here plenty of debris, and have the drones wreck havoc twice a day for exercise.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Heh, it's the little things that will get ya.

But, if you ever have an idea for them, feel free to share with the rest of us, and who knows? More than likely, we'll flesh it out. :demon:

Most likely it will be an individual instead of a tribal-archetype. :mrgreen:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Heh, it's the little things that will get ya.

Most likely it will be an individual instead of a tribal-archetype. :mrgreen:

Anything's welcome. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

”So, how to you imagine the Shemarrians are taking the posting hiatus?”
“I imagine they’re kicking back, polishing their weapons, swapping intelligence and war stories, and generally doing down-time stuff. Could just as well be around the clock girl talk, that sort of thing. Nothing too strenuous.”

Acing the landing after a drop of a hundred feet was pushing the limits of even Shemarrian physiology, but as Kayla BrightFang landed hard, her knees almost driving up to shoulder level, it was worth it; the element of surprise was complete. Her long sword, with gravity and her own mass behind it, bit deep into the giant’s spine at the base of the skull, splitting bone in the whale-large veterbrae and spearing into the softer nerve tissue underneath. A surprised bellow rang out from ahead, and modulated into the beginnings of a shriek of agony as, with supreme effort, Kayla wrenched her blade out, then using the saved up momentum of her landing, sprang foward, climbing up the neck, then swinging by the giant alien’s own hair down and around the jaw, past the alien’s peripheral eye. The long blade flickered out again, this time spearing into a neck tendon the thickness of a hawser, metal cable taunt, but parting like clothesline under an edge meant to slice through armor plate. The scream became a roaring gurgle as the blade bit deeper, and suddenly Kaylee found herself being pulled over as the giant alien rolled over, one giant seven-fingered hand clumsily raised in an effort to swat the Shemarrian falling short. Kayla rode the monster down, using its body to cushion her own fall, then again using the momentum to slide down around the neck and open up more of the throat with her blade.
Ever tactically aware, Kaylee was aware of what was happening around her. Thus she did not miss the final moments of another of the giant aliens as Kayla’s faithful Monstrex stead, Blacktooth, took the being from behind. Looking dog-sized in comparison to the giant humanoid, the warsteed nevertheless enjoyed a similar element of surprise as leapt into the giant’s back, using its climbing spikes to drive into the alien’s flesh, and climb up its back, tearing through cloth and flesh the whole way, before ramming into the base of the creature’s skull, clawing and biting. That giant, too, went down, as it futility scrambled and pawed to remove the savaging cyberpredator digging into its back.
More screams of gargantuan agony as the other two giants spun in place, hands clasped to their faces. As much as their extra eyes might give them superior peripheral vision, they were of no use when those eyes have been neatly put out by precision sniper fire. Kayla’s Male companions were showing their efficiency, calmly and coolly blinding their targets from cover, leaving them at the mercy of the Wolves that now burst from the undergrowth and the metal scaffolding of the ambush site. Small the -kantara- may be, in comparison their prey, as tiny as terrestrial wolves worrying a gray whale might have been, had the whale been upright and bipedal, but they showed no fear, and showed no mercy as they leapt and clawed, chewing through elephant hide-thick plastic and leather, before lacerating giant ankles. Small as they might be, Kayla’s Wolfpack made up for it in numbers. More screams as hamstrung giants fell to the ground, then the snap and crack of hypersonic projectiles as the still-hidden snipers took leisurely care of their now immobilized targets, putting them down for good.
Kayla stepped aside as her blade hit something major, and she just avoided being drenched and blinded by a sudden geyser of alien circulatory fluid. Her target now all but done for, Kayla hopped away, then began stridding away from the fallen giant. As she did so, she casually swept her sword arm down, slicing through the steelmetal cable the giant held in one hand, then followed the line down to the screaming and squirming human hooked at the other end.
“Hold still” Kayla commanded, as she took hold of one end of the folding grappling dart embedded in the smaller human’s back, her Shemarrian strength bending and twisting the metal, before wrenching the barb free with a minimum of additional flesh trauma. The human gasped as she turned around at the sudden succor, cringing in agony from damage already done.
Around her, as the screams of the dying giants petered out into hisses and moans, the rest of her small Pack, save those on sniper watch high in the surrounding buildings, emerged from hiding, quickly and quietly descending on the other humans speared by metal cables, thrashing in fear and pain. Vibroblades flashed, metal parted, as the Shemarrians went to work.
Blacktooth, smeared in blood and gore, and happily hissing in delight at its kill, trotted up next to Kayla. Almost absentmindedly, Kayla reached down and stopped the terrified human’s instinctive attempt to get away from the kill-happy predator.
#More of them come# The sending came through the pack-net, accompanied by an image of more of the giants advancing through the industrial park. Then several of the giants suddenly broke out in blossoms of exploding circulatory fluid and shattered bone as the rest of the Pack-party, Warriors all, openned up with their -scava*-, hypersonic rounds biting deep even through thick alien flesh. Most of those hit went down, but a few managed to remain upright, staggering under the assault. The greater firepower of the rest of the Pack began to tell as the shells and laser bolts proved to be giant killers.
But while two or three isolated giants might be quietly eliminated without immediate notice, Kayla knew, this deep inside the giant aliens’ territory, rats taking down residents would not go unnoticed for long. The Pack’s ambush would alert others of the aliens, and bring reinforcements. The Pack could not hope to stand up unscathed against both superior size and numbers.
But the Pack’s ambush bought time. Kayla tightened her grip on the human’s clothing, then tossed the weakly struggling woman over Blacktooth’s saddle, before she swung herself up into place. Around her, the rest of her people finished securing their own rescuees, some of the wounded humans requiring on-the-spot temporary bandaging or injections of ermiss-nano**, to their warsteeds, Monstrexes and Equus, the snipers and their steeds repelling or climbing down to street level from their previous perches. The smaller forms of the kantara, tongues panting, tails wagging, and fur matted with alien blood, obediently inserted themselves into the Pack formation, eager to get moving. Snatching her own saddle-locked scava and holding it aloft, she silently signaled retreat, and the Pack soon was at a run down their pre-scouted escape route, to rendevouz with the rest of the Pack in the shadows. There would doubtlessly be more battles to come, and the Pack would be ready, ever ready to turn a hunt into an ambush for those unwise enough to hunt those the Shemar were sworn to protect. And they would be ready to turn the tables on those unwise enough to hunt Shemar.
Giants and danger in abundance in this place, and work enough for a hundred Packs, slaying the giant aliens. Maybe so much that they would have to call in the other Tribes. Kayla knew satisfaction though, as droplets of still-liquid blood flew by her from Blacktooth’s forepaws and teeth in the slipstream of his lope. Brightfang she may be named, but she could add Giant-Killer to her titles, and her Pack was Alpha here!

*Scava----Dragonese/Shemarrian term for the traditional Shemarrian Rail Gun. Also variously known as scava-shadon, scava-zakar, or shaz-scava.

**’Ermiss-nano’---IRMSS medical kit, or its equivalent. Of little use to EShemar, but carried for use by NeShemar.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The Wayfinder Electron Spirit-Guides
"Why is it that I have these voices in my head? Seriously. I'm a human soul inside of a Shemarrian male scout frame; I thought the process of implantation via The Heart got rid of the original digital / analog personality matrix. Yet here I am able to use a military grade ECM suite, hunt, skin and dress game animals PLUS shoot out the eye of a deerfly at 100 yards. What gives? I was just a Technomancer hacker with no prospects of getting any dates on Friday night to D-Bee man, gold medalist biathelete and navy seal, surrounded by amazonian battlebabes who just so happen to house the souls of my fellow mage-guild mates."
"At least I'm no longer ONE of the amazonian battle-babes. That's gonna take a while to live-down."

One the most perplexing phenomenon of the Wayfinder tribe is the retention of the skills pre-programmed into the Shemarrian robots. It stands to reason that the Transferred Intelligence process via The Heart would completely overwrite the original A.I.; however this has not been the case. Even the tribe’s founder Tsyldaen Silverstar, who's will and force of personality should have wiped her gynoid host-body clean of all original code, found that she could access the memories and battle skills of the original artificial mind.

In game terms, any Wayfinder who takes over a pre-existing active Shemarrian body (non-Ecotroz) will gain the skills already present, with the following modifiers.
1: All physical combat skills will be at the transferred individuals’ level +1. Thus a 3rd level character will have Martial Arts and the Ancient WP’s at 4th level. In the case of skill overlap (re; the character already has that skill) the bonus will instead be +2 levels higher.
2: Modern WP’s will be at the transferred characters’ existing level unless there is an overlap, in which case the skills then are 2 levels higher.
3: Knowledge based & physical (non-combat) skills will be at 2 levels lower than the characters existing level (though OCC & IQ skill bonuses do apply), unless there is a skill overlap. In the case of overlap, these skills are considered to be at the same level as the new minds’. Also, if the character is level 1, then the inherited skills are at base (no bonuses even with IQ and / or OCC bonus) unless there is an overlap.
4: Previous experiences of the gynoid / android may occasionally enter into the consciousness of the new soul in the way of flashbacks or dreams. Similar to Object Read psionics minus the “see present” (as the new soul is the present experiencer of events) and costs no ISP. Percentage chances are as described under the psionic ability and are at the characters level for probability of recall. This particular phenomenon is subject to GM discretion for when a ‘glimpse of the past’ may occur.
Last edited by DhAkael on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:The Wayfinder Electron Spirit-Guides.

Y'know, I WAS wondering about that!
Now we know!
Thanks! Going into the hardcopy files! :ok: :ok: :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

Now we know!

Yeah, it makes the first generation of the Wayfinder B.A.M.F.'s in the skill department in comparrison to other 'canon' mage type characters. That's the point. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Now we know!

Yeah, it makes the first generation of the Wayfinder B.A.M.F.'s in the skill department in comparrison to other 'canon' mage type characters. That's the point. :demon:

Brings new meaning to 'FullMetal Alchemist' :D :D :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian Star Nation:
Vada Transformations
(NeShemar option)

The Tinker had to consciously check herself from laughing out loud maniacally. As it was, she managed to restrain it to a frenetic giggle.
“The calculations, the tests, the simulations, they all WORK! THEY ALL WORK! That leaves only...”
Her mood immediately sobered.
“...human testing.”
The Tinker turned(unnecessary, really; her wireless interface would work regardless of what direction she was facing here in her laboratory, but she still felt a traditional sense of direction to her actions) and opened up a commline to another part of the asteroid colony.
“I need a volunteer.”

“There is still time to back out if you wish. I cannot say this is one hundred percent without risk. This process is experimental after all.”
The NeShemar candidate standing in front of the modified CyboFab chamber, naked as the day she was born, showed not a moment of concern for either her nudity or for the possible danger hinted at in the Tinker’s words.
“I know what’s at stake here. I also know what will come of it if it succeeds. That’s why I volunteered. I have little, if anything, to go back to, but I have much to look forward to when this works.”
The Tinker raised an eyebrow and an antennae at the subtle reminder that this NeShemar adoptee had seen her homeworld savaged by invading aliens, her kinfolk hunted for sport and eaten like livestock. That she would trust in what was technically another alien wanting to perform medical experiments on her said volumes, perhaps on insanity or fanaticism. Yet she had passed all the psychological screenings the Tinker had insisted on in her research assistants. If the volunteer had a death wish, or some insane lust for vengeance, it was remarkably well controlled and not readily apparent.
“Is this where I go? Can we get started?”
The Tinker nodded as she helped the smaller human woman into the waiting surgical cradle, restraints, probes, infusers, and sensors locking into place, surgical armatures sliding into position. The laboratory’s cortex arrays began to light with escalating activity as they brought more and more processing power online in anticipation of the tasks ahead.
“Sweet dreams, brave one,” The Tinker murmured just before the cranial unit enclosed the test subject’s head, and the neural inducer hummed the patient into deep slumber, “Dream of the new life to come!”

The Tinker anxiously wrung her hands as she monitored the final countdown towards full activation; support systems turning off in succession as they uncoupled from the test subject. Vapor and liquid vented from the chamber, then with a pop and a hiss of equalizing pressure, it opened like a seed pod.
Black-lashed eyes opened and gazed about, breath was taken, then the NeShemar’s head raised, turning to look at the anxious Tinker.
“How do you feel?”
“Good. Fine. Better than fine, actually.”
The cradling CyboFab frame tilted, bringing the recumbent NeShemar upright, then pulled back and away. The young NeShemar staggered a moment on her bare feet, then steadied herself, standing up straight under the laboratory lights, her bare skin gleaming wetly. She looked around, then down at herself, taking deep breaths.
“Now how do you feel?”
Arms ran down torso and hips, then went out the sides as she took more deep breaths. She looked at at the taller Tinker for a moment, then with a head motion that tossed long black hair over one shoulder, she closed her eyes and took on a look of concentration.
With a ripple of distortion, bare skin suddenly became gleaming silver metal. Black hair became strands of live silver. Mirrored eyes opened, looked down at chest and legs now chromed and highlighted in reflections, then gazed at hands grown strange and shiny. As fingers flexed, the bright laboratory lights reflected off in a dazzling display of gleams. A smile that send kaleidoscopic reflections dancing about the laboratory spread across the transformed NeShemar woman’s face.
“I feel EXCELLENT.”
This time the Tinker did not check herself, but threw back her head and laughed long, loud, and arguably maniacally.

Vada Transformations are a new form of NeShemar induction, the result of the work of the Eccentric ‘mad scientist’ Wayfinder Tinker Alisshon Stein-Nanomancer. One of the Wayfinders’ Rifts Earth converts who immigrated to the Shemarrian Star Nation, Alisshon was fascinated with the cyberarmor of the CyberKnights, and with reports of the ‘superpowers’ of such elites in the Three Galaxies as the Gun Brotherhood and the TGE’s Invincible Guardsmen. She felt that similar forms of ‘living armor’ and improvements on the Shemarrians’ own nanite-enabled ‘physiology’ could be more efficiently applied to new recruits to the Tribes from the non-Shemarrian populace in the territories the SSN controlled. Consultation with the Shaemarrians, studies of specimens(both living and dead) and years of work convinced Tinker Stein-Nanomancer that she was onto something. After much petitioning for resources, painstaking work, careful simulation, and several brave volunteers, Tinker Stein-Nanomancer finally made a breakthrough in developing her own ‘elite’ enhancement: the Vada Transformation. The first trials were conducted at Stein-Nanomancer’s personal asteroid workshop/colony and proved a success.
The Vada Transformation is a biomodification program of nanotech infusions, micro-implants, and retroviral treatments that lace the bones and muscles of the recipient with nanofibers and reservoirs of nanotechnological cyborg cells. The transformation takes two weeks.
The Vada’s body enjoys a denser, more durable, muscle and bone structure, more resilient internal organs, and more efficient metabolism, along with tweaks to overall physical performance. The Vada also enjoys megadamage protection, despite appearing completely human(and only dedicated medical scanners will detect the implants and alterations to the person’s physiology). Though not as capable as a full-on NeShemar full conversion cyborg, the Vada can still be regarded as superhuman in many respects.
Furthermore the Vada can transform themselves into a gleaming metallic juggernaut, resembling a Machine Person in many ways, in which their mass increases, their strength skyrockets, and their physical MDC jumps nearly eight-times. Tinker Stein-Nanomancer has no easy explanation for how this transformation is possible, but hints at ‘morphic resonance’ and ‘zero-point interfacing’.
The advantages of the Vada Transformation are a minimum ‘dehumanization’ in that the recipient still feels and looks totally human, while still enjoying MDC protection, and can eat, drink, engage in sex, and procreate without any special adjustments and considerations(like the use of a Progen Chamber)(A female Vada can carry a child to term normally, but is locked into their ‘human’ form for the duration of the pregnancy. Offspring do NOT carry the nanite enhancements). In full metal mode, the Vada is even better protected than many True EShemar, and stronger too. The downside to this mode is that the added mass reduces the speed of the Vada Transform, slowing them down and, under certain circumstances, reducing their ability to prowl and climb effectively.
The shortcomings of the Vada Transformation is that Vadas cannot be easily upgraded, if at all, and they do not have the full range of optional systemry available to them as their regular cyborg NeShemar kin. While maxing out when it comes to such aspects as physical strength and protection, Vadas do not enjoy the full spectrum of other capabilities, such as enhanced senses or built-in ranged weaponry as other cyborgs. The Transform is also still vulnerable(if more resistant) to gassing, poisoning, drugs, and suffocation, and is still vulnerable to many pathogens. And severely injured Vada must heal naturally, or in modified CyboFab rigs that immerse them in nanite solutions.
Still, these shortcomings have not deterred the large numbers of volunteers willing to travel to Tinker Stein-Nanomancer’s asteroid and undergo the process. While it is expected that most Vada will rejoin the general NeShemar population, the Shemarrian Star Nation has looked into the possibility(if they haven’t already gone operational with the idea) of using Vada Transforms, disguised as Tattooed Men or BioBorgs, to infiltrate Splugorth worlds in advance of Shemarrian attacks.
Vada Transformation is currently available ONLY through the Wayfinder Tribe in the Shemarrian Star Nation. The Shaemarian Templars have also expressed an interest in Tinker Stein-Nanomancer’s work.

Minimum Attribute Requirements: M.E. of 12 or better
Special Powers:
-Extraordinary Physical Endurance: Automatically becomes a megadamage being with 4d4x10 MDC+P.E. +2d4 MD per level of experience. Add +1d6+5 to P.E. rating.

-Alter Physical Structure: Metal
MDC: Recipient’s original SDC+800
P.S. becomes Supernatural, and is increased to a minimum of 32.
Appears as cold metal on thermal scanners
(Optional) Horror Factor of 13.
Penalties: Increase weight by x4. Reduce Speed by HALF.

-Form Body Weapon
The Vada Transform can shape an internal blade of nanotech material and extend it out of their forearms or legs to enhance their physical melee attacks. Typically these weapons are edged blades, but blunt striking rods are also possible. Damage is 1d4 for single short blade or knuckle-dusters, up to 2d6 for large sword blades and maces, plus any damage bonuses(especially effective in Metal Form).

-Reduced Life Support ---- In their ‘Soft’ form, the Vada can go without food for up to a week, and can hold their breath for up to six hours. In full metal form, they can go without breathing for their P.E. in DAYS, and without food and water for their P.E. in WEEKS. In full metal form, the Vada can also eat MDC materials without problem(aside from a little indigestion or gas).

-Nightvision---Alterations to the rods and cones of the eyes improve the Vadas’ nightvision by 50%.

-Other Bonuses:
+1d6 to P.S.
+1d4 P.P.
+2d4 to Speed
Heals at x3 normal rate in both forms. Amputated limbs will grow back in 2d4 weeks.
+5 save versus possession
+3 save versus magic
+3 save versus disease(in addition to P.E. bonuses)
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics, and See Aura(same as full conversion cyborgs).
The Vada is also effectively immune to normal extremes of environmental heat and cold(an unprotected romp on ice or through the blazing desert isn’t going to hurt them).

Penalties:
In normal form, the Vada weighs 30% more than they normally should, due to their denser physical structure.
Many Vada also complain of an increased appetite, consuming 25-50% more food under normal conditions to stoke their altered physiologies.

Magic and Psionics: Vada Transformation is the equivalent of full cyborg conversion with regards to magic and psionics.

Cybernetics and Bionics: Additional implants, cybernetic or bionic, CANNOT be added; the altered physiology rejects any new implants.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Shemarrian Star Nation:
Vada Transformations(NeShemar option)

Not bad, not bad at all. It's weird sciencey enough for one of the more "Unhinged" Wayfinder to play with.

IIIIIIII LIKE IT! :ok:

Heavens help the megaverse if Aegytha H37r0Dyn3 (Ghost-Rider Tinker) ever starts playing around with Cybo-Fabs and nano-facs :eek: :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[

Heavens help the megaverse if Aegytha H37r0Dyn3 (Ghost-Rider Tinker) ever starts playing around with Cybo-Fabs and nano-facs :eek: :?

True Coyote, Trickster Deity, begins looking through his rolladex; "Let's see....'Aegytha H37r0Dyn3'...sounds interesting...let's see what we have on her..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

HOPING to ramp things up this Sunday (doing the 'James T. Vs. Archie' adventure in R:SB1, set PA 109), and get the SCW well under way.
I just took a look though for which tribe of Gynoids are in Virginia (which is NOW where the great and Powerful ARCHIE OZ-3 MegaBrain is located as opposed to Arbedeen)...
Skullcrusher... :shock:
Yeah; FUN times for Phoenix Force.

Tim teh Borg; "Hail honourable warrior maidens and well met, we come in peace to put this poor wretch's mind at ease and to conquor and defeat that which is called "HE" "

Necrotaenia Spinebreaker; "The twisted one *draws executioner axe* Thank you metalman; your steel skull will have place of honour for this gift."

Tim teh Borg; "I thought you said these guys were allies now?" :-?

Fionna (via encoded radio); "The Hawkmoon tribe and the Saphire Cobra; half the Skulls are possesed by daemons." :badbad:

Necrotaenia; "Enough talk stupid male; hand over the twisted one and you die quick."

James T.; "Fu fu fu ...screw you bimbo!"

Fi; :frust:

[scene of unimaginable horror and violence censored by the megaversal socitey against nightmare fuel]

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

It's sort of a tour program...James T. gets passed around the Tribes for them to beat on, then they pass him on to Lord Frommie for final say on what to do with him, along with a list of suggestions(like what molten metal for the dip). :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”