Rifts:Black Market A Rifts® Sourcebook finally IMHO

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Rifts:Black Market A Rifts® Sourcebook finally IMHO

Unread post by ZINO »

Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
( what U think? )
The Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, magic items, drugs, and contraband outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the North American Black Market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and notable nefarious products and services. Learn about the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.

18 Black Market O.C.C.s including the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
The Five Black Market factions that wield the greatest power in North America: Bandito Arms, The Chicago Network, The Immaterial Hand, El Oculta, and Le Marche Noir.
Black Market internal operations and security.( OMG love it )
Black Market services, products, practices and customers.( OMG love it )
More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.( OMG love it )
Black Market criminal jobs/assignments and mercenary bounties and work.( OMG love it )
Major Black Market smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.( OMG love it )
Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.( OMG love it )
Traveling Shows: Freak Shows, Medicine Shows and Circuses.( maybe )
Traveling Shows as fronts for the Black Market.( OMG love it )
Traveling Black Market Merchants, Market Towns and Market Outlets.( OMG love it )
How the Coalition States deals with organized crime, and information on the Coalition prison system and border security.( OMG love it )
Written by Matthew Clements, Taylor White, Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
160 pages ( OMG agian too little!!! )– $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. June release.
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Wooly
Adventurer

Re: Rifts:Black Market A Rifts® Sourcebook finally IMHO

Unread post by Wooly »

ZINO wrote:Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
( what U think? )
The Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, magic items, drugs, and contraband outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the North American Black Market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and notable nefarious products and services. Learn about the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.

18 Black Market O.C.C.s including the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
The Five Black Market factions that wield the greatest power in North America: Bandito Arms, The Chicago Network, The Immaterial Hand, El Oculta, and Le Marche Noir.
Black Market internal operations and security.( OMG love it )
Black Market services, products, practices and customers.( OMG love it )
More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.( OMG love it )
Black Market criminal jobs/assignments and mercenary bounties and work.( OMG love it )
Major Black Market smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.( OMG love it )
Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.( OMG love it )
Traveling Shows: Freak Shows, Medicine Shows and Circuses.( maybe )
Traveling Shows as fronts for the Black Market.( OMG love it )
Traveling Black Market Merchants, Market Towns and Market Outlets.( OMG love it )
How the Coalition States deals with organized crime, and information on the Coalition prison system and border security.( OMG love it )
Written by Matthew Clements, Taylor White, Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
160 pages ( OMG agian too little!!! )– $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. June release.

What is the point of responding to each bullet with "OMG Love it"? What is the topic of this post? We already have numerous threads about The Black market sourcebook.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

this book is really good. Mathew Clements did an excellent job. and the new O.C.C.s are awesome and original and not redundant at all.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:this book is really good. Mathew Clements did an excellent job. and the new O.C.C.s are awesome and original and not redundant at all.

OK I will take your word on this man will have to read about
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Wooly wrote:
What is the point of responding to each bullet with "OMG Love it"? What is the topic of this post? We already have numerous threads about The Black market sourcebook.

sorry didn't see that Wooly just goy happy and thuoght of shared it >.<
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Ninjabunny wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:this book is really good. Mathew Clements did an excellent job. and the new O.C.C.s are awesome and original and not redundant at all.

CAn you tell us anything about these occs?

yes plz plz
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Not interested.
At all.
Due to the fact it's never been covered prior to now, I've sorta been forced to develop my own "THE Black-Market" for my campiagn setting.
It works.
*shrug*
For newbs or those who haven't put any effort to develop their Rifts Earth (tm, CR, PCP, etc) beyond "as written" source books, then I guess it may be worth it for them. *shrug*

The "Toy books of bang-bang-BOOM-goodness" Re; Northern Gun 1 & 2, now those I'm willing to have a look at.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Wait, didn't we have circuses in Vampire Kingdoms?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Wait, didn't we have circuses in Vampire Kingdoms?

Daniel Stoker

That was my thought as well.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

But the Circuses in Black Market have performers that juggle grenades. Live grenades. And soon, you'll be able too! With the Grenade Juggler OCC!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

krate wrote:But the Circuses in Black Market have performers that juggle grenades. Live grenades. And soon, you'll be able too! With the Grenade Juggler OCC!

Don't forget the psychic mime and the clown borg.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Wait, didn't we have circuses in Vampire Kingdoms?

Daniel Stoker

Not in the revised Vampire Kingdoms.

Looks like the Black Market sourcebook will be the new home of the Traveling Show builder.

~ Josh
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

I think this book's going to be immense (I've voiced my disdain for the cover art shown thus far elsewhere).

The back market are a major part of the setting and most groups have to deal with them to varying degrees on a regular basis. This could certainly be on the must have book list for noobs looking to play a North American game.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Gamer wrote:
krate wrote:But the Circuses in Black Market have performers that juggle grenades. Live grenades. And soon, you'll be able too! With the Grenade Juggler OCC!

Don't forget the psychic mime and the clown borg.

:lol: I can just picture those two!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Do we really need more toys?

RUE, Sourcebook One Revised, Mercenaries, Mercenary Ops, CWC, Free Quebec, Narauni Wave Two, NGR, NGR 2, South America 1, South America 2, Japan, Warlords of Russia... seriously we have enough weapons, armor, power armor, robots, boats, aircraft, etc to keep even the pickiest of tech fan-boys happy. Why, do we need THREE more books of tech cataloges?

Seriously, make another Rifts Canada. That books was sweet, as we had over a hundred pages of World info. You can though the occational OCC, weapon, or monster in there, but most of these "world books" seem to be about 155 pages of the latter, and only about 5 pages of world info...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Hystrix wrote:Do we really need more toys?

RUE, Sourcebook One Revised, Mercenaries, Mercenary Ops, CWC, Free Quebec, Narauni Wave Two, NGR, NGR 2, South America 1, South America 2, Japan, Warlords of Russia... seriously we have enough weapons, armor, power armor, robots, boats, aircraft, etc to keep even the pickiest of tech fan-boys happy. Why, do we need THREE more books of tech cataloges? hey i dont mid love the toys !!!! Seriously, make another Rifts Canada. That books was sweet, as we had over a hundred pages of World info. You can though the occational OCC IMHO too many OCC , weapon, or monster in there, but most of these "world books" seem to be about 155 pages of the latter, and only about 5 pages of world info well that life man sorry ...

in I want it !!! about time !@!!!!
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

There was an article about this , from what I understand it's the toys that sell books.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

And Triax 2 sold over 100K.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Not in the revised Vampire Kingdoms.

Looks like the Black Market sourcebook will be the new home of the Traveling Show builder.

~ Josh

Ahhh, I forgot they took that out. Well I guess it needs to go somewhere and this sorta makes more sense?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

RUE, Sourcebook One Revised, Mercenaries, Mercenary Ops, CWC, Free Quebec, Narauni Wave Two, NGR, NGR 2, South America 1, South America 2, Japan, Warlords of Russia... seriously we have enough weapons, armor, power armor, robots, boats, aircraft, etc to keep even the pickiest of tech fan-boys happy. Why, do we need THREE more books of tech cataloges?

Seriously, make another Rifts Canada. That books was sweet, as we had over a hundred pages of World info. You can though the occational OCC, weapon, or monster in there, but most of these "world books" seem to be about 155 pages of the latter, and only about 5 pages of world info...

I think it is nice to have some toys that are reasonably accessible to north american parties. You have the CWC/free quebec stuff but unless you are playing a member of the coalition or free quebec your chance of having access to any of those toys is nearly non existant. And if you do somehow manage to get it its almost suicidal to run around with it as both the coalition and enemies of the coalition are both likely to shoot first and not bother asking questions later.

Triax is similar if you are in north america your access to any but the couple gimped retail versions is nill. Narauni gear is more viable but given how NG and the coalition rose up against them and anybody using their stuff it again is a case of even if you can find it and keep it in ammo would you dare use it.

So really for the more normal player the actual amount of toys they have reasonable access to is not really that high. Pretty much NG/Merc town/RUE/Titan robotics/Chipwell(snicker)/ and the few retail triax varients and the black market stuff from the new west.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

kaid wrote:

I think it is nice to have some toys that are reasonably accessible to north american parties. You have the CWC/free quebec stuff but unless you are playing a member of the coalition or free quebec your chance of having access to any of those toys is nearly non existant. And if you do somehow manage to get it its almost suicidal to run around with it as both the coalition and enemies of the coalition are both likely to shoot first and not bother asking questions later.

Triax is similar if you are in north america your access to any but the couple gimped retail versions is nill. Narauni gear is more viable but given how NG and the coalition rose up against them and anybody using their stuff it again is a case of even if you can find it and keep it in ammo would you dare use it.

So really for the more normal player the actual amount of toys they have reasonable access to is not really that high. Pretty much NG/Merc town/RUE/Titan robotics/Chipwell(snicker)/ and the few retail triax varients and the black market stuff from the new west.

Really?

So all you guys talking about new gear for adventurers that arn't part of the CS, FQ, or the NCR --- Have you ever read RUE, Sourcebook One, Mercenaries, Merc Ops, even Narauni Wave 2 all detail stuff that is NG/Black Market gear? You all act like we've never seen any weapons or power armor outside of CS gear...

Look, I am curious about these books, but also cautious. I've been burnt before.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Ninjabunny wrote:I am not saying anything against some new toys what I am saying is that Toys alone do not sell books (what you joking evertime they put new toy I can not get that book till after a few weeks man and I live in NYC!!! man ), and Traix half of that book was GREAT social information ( true) , the toys were "eh" to me. They were cool but the world info ( IMHO .... nope ) ,was WAY better then the info on the toys.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Ninjabunny wrote:

CAn you tell us anything about these occs?

I can't say anything specific, but i can tell you that each one is based around dealing with The Black Market. Some work for it, some make it work for them. There's no super-gods or planet-destroying d-bees in this one. These are characters for cerebral players.

Return to “Rifts®”