Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kronos
Hero

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by kronos »

Hey Taalismn, will we see more info about the Skullcrusher WarGoddess Nerys Night-Sunder and how she's trying to restore the clan? More fun items like the Buthidid? Draxos? Or general tactics? Plans for how she's reclaiming their honour and redemption?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:Hey Taalismn, will we see more info about the Skullcrusher WarGoddess Nerys Night-Sunder and how she's trying to restore the clan? More fun items like the Buthidid? Draxos? Or general tactics? Plans for how she's reclaiming their honour and redemption?

Nothing yet...I was kinda hoping to do some Dark Waters designs next, maybe make some headway on the Random Progen Generation Tables...but the way things are turning out, funny thing...While DhAkael favors the Hawkmoons as kinda 'his', I was hoping to rather be the patron of the Darkwaters....but I've been hardpressed to come up with really innovative stuff for them..On the other hand, those sociopaths in the Skullcrushers seem to have got my attention...so I'll try working on more material for them. :D :wink:

As it stands, Nerys is trying to encourage Tribe pride by launching various projects to restore their industry. mainly BFG things that allow them to win fights and build pride, gain resources, and build (non-suicidal) confidence, Big projects that pull them together contributing to a common purpose, rather than folks fighting their own personal demons in their heads while holding their place in the firing line. Grab themselves more resource worlds, maybe gain a few allies, and give the Tribe accomplishments to boast about with pride.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Hey Taalismn, will we see more info about the Skullcrusher WarGoddess Nerys Night-Sunder and how she's trying to restore the clan? More fun items like the Buthidid? Draxos? Or general tactics? Plans for how she's reclaiming their honour and redemption?

Nothing yet...I was kinda hoping to do some Dark Waters designs next, maybe make some headway on the Random Progen Generation Tables...but the way things are turning out, funny thing...While DhAkael favors the Hawkmoons as kinda 'his', I was hoping to rather be the patron of the Darkwaters....but I've been hardpressed to come up with really innovative stuff for them..On the other hand, those sociopaths in the Skullcrushers seem to have got my attention...so I'll try working on more material for them. :D :wink:

As it stands, Nerys is trying to encourage Tribe pride by launching various projects to restore their industry. mainly BFG things that allow them to win fights and build pride, gain resources, and build (non-suicidal) confidence, Big projects that pull them together contributing to a common purpose, rather than folks fighting their own personal demons in their heads while holding their place in the firing line. Grab themselves more resource worlds, maybe gain a few allies, and give the Tribe accomplishments to boast about with pride.

Plot Bunny; "diplomatic" mission to the Central Alliance? :angel:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[Plot Bunny; "diplomatic" mission to the Central Alliance? :angel:

Oh, without question....gladiatorial diplomacy(that's where you beat the snot out of somebody to see how resilient and honorable they are, then bond over post-fight beers and bone-setting while peaceably hammering out trade agreements)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:[Plot Bunny; "diplomatic" mission to the Central Alliance? :angel:

Oh, without question....gladiatorial diplomacy(that's where you beat the snot out of somebody to see how resilient and honorable they are, then bond over post-fight beers and bone-setting while peaceably hammering out trade agreements)

Shemarrians solve all their diferences with...

MORTAL KOMBAT!

And a dry ice and motor oil sundae afterwards... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-sigh- not yet...soon but not yet.
Need to position 'em properly :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

*BUMP* With added content! :D

It was a wonderful party at the Greater New England Consulate in Lazlo; an eclectic mix of the simple commonsense and the sybaritically luxurious, a combination seen in the guests as well, from professional diplomats to common merchants, monks and military, humans and non-humans. There were the expected large groups of GNERs in their modest green apparel, Lazloites, a polite party from the Longhouse Preserve, and scatterings of others from various other local powers; among them a small delegation of worried-looking Kingsdalites, a congenial Agency man from Merctown, a group of angry-looking ex-Tolkeenites, a politico from Houstown, an aloof and uncomfortable-looking Quebecois, a rather more boisterous-looking New German cheerfully glad-handing and critiquing the wet bar, a Brit elf from the the far Kingdom of Bath expounding on investment opportunities to a small gathering, a senior salesman from Cartier-Fury shamelessly promoting his hometown’s meat products and Fury Beetle franchises, a merchant from some far-off Canadian ‘ville just as vigorously promoting an ‘all you can eat’ campaign to exterminate the Xiticix, a dinosaurskin-clad ‘southern aristocrat’ from Char blowing off hunting stories, an insectile being claiming to be from Madhaven, numerous singletons from smaller towns, even a trade rep from growing Finton.
Through this cruised a couple that attracted their own small share of attention amidst the unabashed rubbernecking, slit-eyed judgement, and quiet analysis that went on in such gatherings. Maybe it was because of what one of the pair represented, but mainly it was the fact that that one was barely wearing over what nature had given her. Certainly her full conversion cyborg companion wasn’t attracting much attention, aside from the well-tailored suit he wore, but custm tailoring was par for multi-species communities like Lazlo and the GNE.
Still, those close enough to hear the whispered conversation between the two would be amused, and even more amused if they could read the mind of the male companion;

“I can’t believe my Chieftain ORDERED me here to attend this ...party. I must have done something bad to warrant this...useless assignment. “
“Not true, dear, we’re playing a very important role just by being right here. It’s all in the name of diplomacy.”
(Translation: The Tribal Elders want to lose the image of savage barbarians with high tech weaponry raging up and down the East Coast)
“All we’ve done here is prance from vapid conversation to vapid conversation! I don’t see how we’re doing any diplomacy here.”
“Those who prance and endure also serve.”(That’s because the DIPLOMACY’S going on behind closed doors with people who understand each other’s cold-bloodedness perfectly well. You’re just out here to mingle, look nice to people, and prove Shemarrians can talk politely like everybody else without grunting every other syllable. I’m here to make sure you don’t kill anybody, and because if anybody tried to get fresh with you, I could kill them for you)
"I look horrible in this thing!"
“You look fabulous.”(Absolutely true; the nine-foot tall titaness with the silvery hair elevated the bloodpressure of every mammalian male in her presence by several millibars)
“I feel naked.”
“The dress covers everything important.”(White lie; the opaque white silk covered, but didn’t conceal; aforementioned males were giving themselves eyestrain tracing the curves the dress barely contained. They undress you any more, I’m going to start poking out eyes)
“It covers, but it doesn’t protect! I’d rather have my armor! And a decent weapon!”
“You’re adequately armed for the occasion, dear.”(The hosts were going out on a limb, even in allowing the short vibrodagger in its bejeweled scabard)
“I might as well be armed with a butterknife!”
“Your clan blade will do well enough.”(Butterknives can’t slice through battlesteel like that little slicer slung at your waist)
“Come on, admit that you feel the same!”
“We agreed to leave the heavy hardware behind when we came in, dear.”(I miss my heavy rail gun and laser cannon combo too, but the gate guardians wouldn’t let me smuggle it through the door, no matter how much I offered in bribes)
“If that Russian openly visually gropes me one more time, I swear I will not be responsible for where that dish of bean salad goes!”
“Oh look! That man from Char seems to be really getting into whatever story he’s on! Let’s wander over there for a moment!”(That’s why I’m maneuvering you away from the buffet; though there’s potted plants over there, too small to hide behind but large enough to heftily throw. Don’t know what I’ll do about those, but maybe distance will distract the Russian delegate)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-ahem-
*golf clap* "Oh I do say, good show chap, good show." :mrgreen:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

nik_leonard wrote:That's reminded me of a question:
Do shemarrians eat?. I know they don't need to eat, because they are androids, but they can eat? (I suppose yes, if only to mantain appeareances, and for allowing them to cook) and if they eat, what they do with the food?, they regurgitate it later?, they extract the water and excrete everything else?, they metabolize it into something usable?.
In Rifts, Cyborgs needs to eat, and they have (albeit reducted in size) digestive systems for sustaining their organic parts, but in a robot, putting a digestive system is a very big (and useless, unless you use it for synthetize some materials for the robot own maintenance, like fluids, lubes, and some plastics) overhead. I guess they can use the water (for cooling, and replenishing of artificial sweat, saliva, etc.), but the rest, I'm not sure.

Go back a few pages; Taalismn did a fairly comprehensive posting on the culinary habits of the EctrozShemar. The use of high efficiency nano-bots actually does away with most of the digestive tract, transporting useful elments to where they are needed. Technicaly an advanced 3rd. gen (or higher) Shemarrian doesn't need to eat, but can. Heck, even waste elements can be used as recation mass in their 'sun-hearts' (Re; Micro-fusion power-cells) :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

nik_leonard wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
nik_leonard wrote:That's reminded me of a question:
Do shemarrians eat?. I know they don't need to eat, because they are androids, but they can eat? (I suppose yes, if only to mantain appeareances, and for allowing them to cook) and if they eat, what they do with the food?, they regurgitate it later?, they extract the water and excrete everything else?, they metabolize it into something usable?.
In Rifts, Cyborgs needs to eat, and they have (albeit reducted in size) digestive systems for sustaining their organic parts, but in a robot, putting a digestive system is a very big (and useless, unless you use it for synthetize some materials for the robot own maintenance, like fluids, lubes, and some plastics) overhead. I guess they can use the water (for cooling, and replenishing of artificial sweat, saliva, etc.), but the rest, I'm not sure.

Go back a few pages; Taalismn did a fairly comprehensive posting on the culinary habits of the EctrozShemar. The use of high efficiency nano-bots actually does away with most of the digestive tract, transporting useful elments to where they are needed. Technicaly an advanced 3rd. gen (or higher) Shemarrian doesn't need to eat, but can. Heck, even waste elements can be used as recation mass in their 'sun-hearts' (Re; Micro-fusion power-cells) :D

Yeah, but that's for the Ecotroz upgraded Shemarrians. I'm talking about plain-vainilla ARCHIE 3 Shemarrians. A3 nano-tech is not so advanced, and the MF Power cells can't use biomass as a reaction component. They had to use Hydrogen (fusion of pure hydrogen is very energy expensive, inefficient and potentially dangerous because of the high speed neutrons), Deuterium+Tritium (easy to attain, but troublesome because of the needs of thermal to electrical energy conversion, fuel and He gas management, and radioactive waste for the same reasons as pure H), or Proton-Boron (more difficult to attain, more expensive, but completely clean, and can generate electric energy in a direct form, without thermo-electric conversion). A biomass reactor should use food as fuel, but it will have nearly the same efficiency of the human body (in reality, it should be a little more efficient, but is more probable that it will be less efficient). ARCHIE 3 had access to the Crystaline power matrixes of the Mechanoids (how they works... no idea. Maybe stored ISP-PPE to Electric Energy?), but he can't replicate them, and, because of that, he only uses them in his most important creations, like Argent Goodson.

Ah...you're talking about the ARCHIE blow-up dolls? Okay then *nods* fair enough.
Then no; they do NOT eat. Outsiders would not be permitted to see a 'normal' Shemarrian war-band eat.
"Those not of the tribe are not worthy to sup at our fires... LEAVE!" or some such comment. Leaving many to wonder if the Shemarrians can go for weeks or months without food (re; therory of internal I.V. nutriet system?) and when they do, it is a scared rite not to be shared with "lower life-forms"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Ah...you're talking about the ARCHIE blow-up dolls? Okay then *nods* fair enough.
Then no; they do NOT eat. Outsiders would not be permitted to see a 'normal' Shemarrian war-band eat.
"Those not of the tribe are not worthy to sup at our fires... LEAVE!" or some such comment. Leaving many to wonder if the Shemarrians can go for weeks or months without food (re; therory of internal I.V. nutriet system?) and when they do, it is a scared rite not to be shared with "lower life-forms"

But the Shemarrian Pariah can cook. And they don't have the "You are not worthy, BEGONE!" attitude of their Shemarrian warrior bethren.

I think the intent is that the Pariahs are supposed to be so debased that they have to go out into the world and make their own ways, including as the servents of others. Having a cooking skill makes them that much more useful to communities and households willing to acquire a wage-slave servent take in a pathetic refugee d-bee woman. That makes it more likely that a Pariah will be accepted into a position where they can safely gather intel on outsiders and send it back to ARCHIE-3. A Pariah maid in a high-class plantation house or working as a short order cook at a trade hub greasy spoon would be an invaluable intelligence asset. A rescued Pariah who wants to show her appreciation to the adventurers who saved her, by following them and cooking and sewing for them, has potentially scored a major intel coup, especially if they lead her(and ARCHIE to the Republicans or other things of importance.
Mind you, we KNOW ARCHIE-3 has cooking skills of high quality in his memory banks...as in the introduction to the Sourcebook Revised section on the Republicans, where Hagan gets served up a breakfast 'just the way he likes it' as Archie attempts to steer Hagan's curiousity away from his partner's 'dreams'...It's implied that Hagan isn't tastebud-dead and likely has some high standards for the quality of his food.
The Pariahs likely have some sort of artificial tastebuds(molecular analyzer) and have the ability to ingest small amounts of food(after all, who's going to trust a servent who won't taste their own cooking?), but that food isn't digested in any useful manner, and gets dumped in the latrine when nobody's looking(and let's safely assume that the sort of people who WOULD notice discrepancies between what went in and what came out have been weeded out by the Rifts apocalypse). But beyond the merely cosmetic act of eating and furthering the disguise, it does nothing for their continued mechanical performance.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Pure evil there...

And while I'm trying to blast through some obstacles on more serious material, some more silliness...

A Chance Encounter with Ava:
(Trudge-trudge-trudge)
(Rustle-crack-emerge!)
“Why hello!”
:shock: “Eeep!”
“Oh, I’m sorry! Did I startle you?”
“....Ah...erk...yiii!”
“I did, didn’t I! Oh, look at you! You’re trembling! I’m so sorry to frighten you!”(HUG!) :heart:
#ID SCAN IDENTIFY: Rogue Unit Ark-001b. Priority Alert!#
#Initiating Alert Signal Transmission: A3 Priority Channel One.#
#Signal Jammed. Signal Jammed.#

“Oh, what a mess you are, dear! What IS that you are wearing? :-?
I’ve seen cleaner and more intact dish rags! No WONDER you’re shivering! Here, let me take care of that for you!”
-RIP!-
:eek: “EEK!” :eek:
The hands of one flew to cover that which was supposed to be covered, while the four hands of the other flew in a blurr, cutting and stitching.
#Re-dialing.#
#Signal Jammed. Signal Jammed.#

“Ah, can I have that back...?”
“Just a moment, dear. Really, this thing’s being held together only by good intentions!”
:-( “...It is all a debased one such as myself deserves...”
“There you go! And here’s a pair of leather sandals I just made! Put them on! See, they fit! Knew I was saving them for somebody! Now doesn’t that feel better? You should take better care of yourself! And none of this ‘debased one’ talk!”
“Ah...thanks?”
(sniff-sniff)
“You could really do with a bath, too. Need help with that, too?”
“No, no, no, I’m good! Ah, I was planning on bathing when I reached the next town! Really!”
“In your case, you might want to bathe BEFORE you reach town; they might not let you in smelling like that! Look, there’s a nice safe pool about a mile or so up this creek. It’s safe and secure and clean and not far from that next town you’re heading for. Here’s some lavender soap, fresh made! Well, I’ll be off then, but you take better care of yourself, you hear?”
“Ah, right! yes, I will! And...you take care too?”
“Thank you! Tah! See you later!”(rustle-rustle-fade)
#Signal Jamming Cessation. Re-Initiating Alert Signal Transmission, A3 Priority On-#
<FRAKK>
#SYSTEMOVERLOADSYSTEMOVERLOAD#
(THUD)
“Got her!”
“I don’t think so....This one’s got only two arms. Nice dress, and that pattern looks awfully familiar. ‘She’s’ not here, but she WAS here. Just recently too. I think we missed the ‘Golden Goddess again.”
“Well, at least we bagged another Pariah. Lysena, you want to do the honors and Enlighten her? We’ll see if we can’t pick up the trail of this ‘Ava’.”
“Eww...might want to give this one a bath, too!”
“Hey...she already comes with soap!”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote: “Eww...might want to give this one a bath, too!”
“Hey...she already comes with soap!”

*Falls out of chair laughing* :lol:
"ow."

Leaves of the lotus rise

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

nik_leonard wrote:That was very funny, and is nice to see how Eshemars "Recruit" new members.
I have one qestion for Taalismn: What's the true name of Ava?. From where comes the name Ava?

it probably comes from Avatar, a hindu concept of a god which has incarnated on earth.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
nik_leonard wrote:That was very funny, and is nice to see how Eshemars "Recruit" new members.
I have one qestion for Taalismn: What's the true name of Ava?. From where comes the name Ava?

it probably comes from Avatar, a hindu concept of a god which has incarnated on earth.

Duh... It was so obvious, hahaha. I feel so dumb because I always mention Ava as "Ava, the avatar of Ark". ARCHIE and his awful creativity in respect of names.
In any case, the question about the original Ava's name still stands.

Never came up with an original name...the original concept of the 'nice lady' was any one of a number of anime-style 'nice girls'(the opposite of your classic tsundere female), or rather their Rifts Earth analogue, getting cyborgized :D

Now, if you wanted to play up the 'recovered memory' bit, having her remember contradictory clues that could have her belonging to a number of tribes/communities/travelling bands(maybe even hint that she was once Lord Frommulaine's fiancess before they both got tortured by James T and ARCHIE-3, pre-Hagan)...
Or have a number of outsiders seemingly recognize her on the basis of various traits(her way of speaking, a particular sewing motif/pattern, a secret recipe, etc...) to confuse the issue. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Normally stun guns aren't involved. But the Shemarrian Civil War does force certain procedures.
"Yeah, it's kind of hard to peacefully persuade somebody of the rightness of your cause when they scream 'Banzai!' and attack you the moment they see you."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: Shemarrians and Religion(Musings)

The Shemarrians’ and the EShemars’ relation with religion is a convoluted and confused one, owing to the various influences and agendas behind it. Part deliberate sham and part impressionable adaptation, Shemarrian religious belief is still in the process of emerging.

‘True’ Shemarrian Pantheon
ARCHIE-3’s development and promotion of the True Shemarrian Pantheon(ARK) is both an effort to camouflage the Shemarrians’ true origins and to provide his (unknowing) followers(neural intelligence Shemarrians, cyborg psuedo-Shemarrians, and dominated peasants) with a religious infrastructure he can use to more effectively manipulate them.
Aspects of the Pantheon have been adopted by various EShemar, in part due to the Ecotroz’s impressionability with regards to many cultural aspects(remember, the Ecotroz seems to be a collection of disembodied intelligences, possibly the refugee lifeforces of some destroyed alien world, with a swiss-cheesed memory), and especially among those newly Enlightened EShemar who are converted to the rebel cause after the initiation of A3’s Pantheon scheme.

Shemar---The ‘Goddess Shemar’ has been most often identified with the Shemarrians prior to the introduction of the ARK Pantheon. This can be variously regarded as the Ecotroz seizing on the earlier simplistic ‘religion’ created by Archie-Three with the legend of the Ten, compounded with the Ecotrozes’ remaining residual memories of their cultural beliefs. Certainly, the war cry of ‘Shemmaaarrrr!” is often bespoken with a religious fervor.
Confusing the issue is the fact that the advanced Shaemarian culture that the rebel Hawkmoons have had contact with(and who later effectively are patrons of the Shemarrian Star Nation) worship a central goddess figure known as ‘Shemar’, the worship of whom is also taken up by the SSN Tribes with rather more vigor than the Rifts Earth Tribes.
While many newly converted EShemar in the latter course of the SCW attempt to adapt and equate aspects of ARK Pantheon with the belief in Shemar(either to salvage or ‘save’ ARK from the influence of the ‘Dark One’---Archie Three himself), the effort has been noted by some outsiders, who wonder if there isn’t the makings for a full-out religious war boiling in the SCW, or behind it altogether. These observers are still undecided whether it is the ARKists or the Shemarists who are the fundamentalists or the splinter religion rebelling in heresy against religious persecution by the other.

Outsider Influences:
Perhaps less immediately important, but still worthy of consideration as factors in any discussion of Shemarrian religion are various shadings of outside influence.
The original Ecotroz culture may have had a religion; certainly they have taken to a matriarchal religious structure readily enough, suggesting they had a similar belief system when they were originally incarnate. Did they have a goddess in their original existences, and if they did, who was she/were they? As little enough is known of who or WHAT the Ecotroz were originally(even what form they were), the mystery only deepends. Are their deities still alive? Did they play some role in the Ecotrozes’ transformation? Were the original Ecotroz deities original beings, or other avatars/aspects of known alien intelligences/god-entities(especially since many Megaversal deities have been known to ‘moonlight’ in disguise to cultivate multiple populations of followers)?
Recently, in the circles of such beings as would know, a rumor has been circulating that the Tane Goddess of Hope, Deliverance, Healing, and Second Chances, Ahzhe Verama Sathor, the Maimed Lady, may have ‘pointed’ the Ecotroz energy entity at Rifts Earth. Whether or not this act played a role in the evolution of EShemar belief, remains yet to be determined.

Tribal Religious Outlooks

#HawkMoon---The Hawkmoons, as the oldest of the Ecotroz-Awakened Shemarrians, are the most fervent worshippers of Shemar, second only to the Sapphire Cobras. However, the eldest of the EShemar Psi-Shamanesses and priestesses may already have intuited of their Ecotroz origins that their religious origins are NOT what they think. However, cultural contact with the Shaemarrians may set any doubts to rest by giving them a ‘true’ Shemar to worship and give thanks to.

#DarkWaters---The DarkWaters could be considered almost atheist-agnostic in their beliefs. When they do mention religious beliefs, it is often in regard to the dark aspects of a goddess---not evil, but the role that such a being would play in the dark parts of the universe; deep underwater or deep space. Their shrines and rituals are small, brief, and concise, and often entail asking permission for safe passage or protection in a particular realm. Good-aligned, but dark-oriented, god-entities, such as Ratri(see Pantheons of the Megaverse, pgs 119-120) might find the DarkWaters attractive followers to appeal to.

#Blood Riders---Post-SCW Blood Riders can be regarded as quite religious, with a focus on religious aspects that promote PASSION and purity of purpose. If there’s fire involved, all the better. Expect plenty of candles and torches at Blood Rider observances.

#Ghost Riders---The rebel Ghost Riders are atheist for the most part, being arguably self-actualized AIs. They KNOW where they came from, and while a few have exercised their free will to try religion, most Ghost Riders don’t regard spirituality as all that important in their existences(though they may occasionally, and semi-jokingly, pay homage to various ‘saints and angels’ such as Gates, Wozniak, Anlee, Shirow, Katsuragi, and Colussus, while speaking disparagingly of such ‘demons’ as ‘Y2k’ and ‘Skynet’) .

#SkullCrushers---The SkullCrushers rarely talk much of their religious beliefs, but when they do, it’s usually grimdark, with a focus on victory in battle and the redemption of past sins and misdeeds. A shortage of Psi-Shamanesses amongst the SkullCrushers means that most belief is individual, and liturgies fairly simplistic and goal-oriented.

#HorrorWoods---Can be considered very religious. The Horrorwoods would be amenable to pantheonistic belief, but it would be quickly diluted by a heavy animism-influence. The Horrorwoods’ fixation on ‘green thought’ means they will be inclined towards a gaiaistic view of the world(s) and universe, with all living things having a role(and presumably individual spirtual existence).

#Wolf’s Path---Much like the Horrorwoods, but with a more focused, hierarchal structure. While the Horrorwoods may be expansionist in their religious beliefs, encompassing many/all, the Wolf’s Path will focus primarily on the Pack/Pantheon hierarchy and its ability to survive against a dangerous Megaverse. Accordingly, the Wolf’s Path is lacking in the belief of all-powerful, all-knowing, deities.

#SilverMoon---Silvermoons have plenty of belief, and ascribe readily to Shemar as a central, purifying, presence. They would be inclined to regard pantheonistic beliefs as mis-interpreted aspects of the central goddess.

*Sapphire Cobra---What can be made of Sapphire Cobra religious belief is similar to the SilverMoons; a central, extremely powerful, if not omnipotent, goddess who works through various avatars and aspects, some apparently contradictory and even dangerous, to test and guide those who seek Her enlightenment.

*WayFinder---Given the origins of the Wayfinders as transferred intelligences(many of them ex-Tolkeenites) or the descendants of, the Wayfinders are arguably both the most spiritual AND agnostic of the Shemarrian Tribes, with a mix of beliefs such that it would not be surprising to find among them many pre-Rifts orders(Christianity, Judiaism, Islamic, Hindu, Bhuddist, Native American, etc..), as well as alien religions. Such beings as Athena, Parvati, Isis, Hathor, and Ameretat might find existing believers or potential converts among the Wayfinders, but they might just as well be asked to pull up a chair and get cross-examined by the anthropologists and theologians amongst the scholarly Wayfinders. New converts/defectors might bring the belief of Shemar or the ARK Pantheon into the Tribe, but would be one among many, and might find the questioning and curious scrutiny a bit unnerving.

Note: Nik, I notice that you make use of the term ‘True Wayfinder’...whether this is a misinterpretation of the existing Wayfinder Tribe as one of the original Tribes(it’s not; it’s DhAkael’s original creation) or an effort to use a descriptive term(A3’s launching his own ’Wayfinder’ concept, unaware that there’s already a Tribe bearing that name)

D’s Wayfinders are one of two NEW Tribes meant to complete the idea of the legend of the Ten representing Tribes(there are only EIGHT Tribes in the Shemarrian Source Book), an idea further noted by me when I count the points of intersection in the pentacle that is the apparent Shemarrian symbol.

Currently the Wayfinders are on the west coast, gathering refugees from Tolkeen and other regions of Colaition State persecution, and focusing on building their strength(the current Wayfinder leadership sees the CS as their more immediate enemy/concern right now). The Shemarrians further east don’t know about the Tenth Tribe, through the Wayfinders have magically scryed the Shemarrians and know about the SCW. About the only thing A# could know about the Tribe is that he’s lost quite a few of his deep west recon units in the Tolkeen and northwest regions. The Wayfinders don’t become a factor in the SCW until fairly late, when they’re able to send technical assistance and even a few reinforcements to the EShemar rebels.

Associated with that are the ‘Monster Tribe’ and the ‘Shadowblades’.
I’ve mainly stuck with the Ten existing Tribes(the original eight, plus D’s two new additions) as the EShemar are apparently reluctant to step beyond the idea of the Ten-Blessed(Tribes) as having no real basis in their mythology(not entirely true, though; those ten warriors/war-goddesses had to come from SOMEWHERE pre-Blessing).

The Monster Tribe is 89er’s contribution and brainchild, and I haven’t developed that idea in part because of the above Ten, and because the idea was so good I didn’t want to step on 89er’s toes if he decided to expand on it. The idea of a Tribe that caught a bit of mental feedback from A3 and Hagan’s minds and have decided to reshape themselves into forms deliberately to set off Hagan’s nightmares is just too quietly awesome and potentially epically mysterious and scary that I didn’t want to touch it(Paradox, yes)...but I’m beginning to see why I hesitate.
If I may suggest: the mention of failed experiments with the Holy Warrior psi-borgs may just set the stage for at the very least new recruits to the idea of a ‘Monster Tribe’; escaped (and deranged) psi-borgs who’ve touched the minds of Helen and Hagan might fit the bill for the types who’d deliberately disfigure themselves to get even with their ‘creators’.

The Shadowblades appeared and were (mis)identified as a Tribe in an early Shemarrian Star Nation starship design post---a heavy cruiser is noted as having their tribal insignia visible. I caught myself later on this when we formalized the Ten Tribes, and rather than develop a wholly new Tribe for the Star Nation, I decided to concentrate on the existing Tribes, and make the Shadowblades a mysterious quasi-entity that may or may not really exist formally...it could be a new Tribe, a product of Shemarrian-like ‘doppelgangers’ or wannabes, or could be the Shemarrians messing with everybody’s heads.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:[size=150][b]

The Shadowblades appeared and were (mis)identified as a Tribe in an early Shemarrian Star Nation starship design post---a heavy cruiser is noted as having their tribal insignia visible. I caught myself later on this when we formalized the Ten Tribes, and rather than develop a wholly new Tribe for the Star Nation, I decided to concentrate on the existing Tribes, and make the Shadowblades a mysterious quasi-entity that may or may not really exist formally...it could be a new Tribe, a product of Shemarrian-like ‘doppelgangers’ or wannabes, or could be the Shemarrians messing with everybody’s heads.

"I'll take take doors 1 & 3 Bob" :mrgreen:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Gotcha. Cultural war indeed.
Though sometimes I have to go back over my own past posts to get all of this straight in my mind. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Say taalismn, you can expand on the nightmare tribe, you would no step on any toes here. Plus, here's a short tale for war mount inspiration:

“So, I guess I should start after the attack. I was with Smalls and Lu when the deadboys attacked during our test of that new power armor. Lu got hit right in the upper back and Smalls, that berserker, charged though and was ripped to ribbons by those lasers. I had managed to get out before I was surrounded and beaten up. They dragged me along until dusk, that’s when things got crazy. Left and right, skullies were being ripped in half, three were hit by some kind of gunk and were melting, and this one guy had some kind of metallic leeches burrowing into his armor. The beasts look liked they had come out of a horror movie, one of the bigger one was underground, but it had tentacles that grabbed troops and pulled them under. The next were more numerous, wolves but with meat grinders for heads. The last one was this frog/toad thing that wrapped its tongue around me and swallowed me. I must have blacked out, because next thing I know I am in this bed, with most of my bruises healed up. No sir, I have no idea what happened to the last power armor, and with permission, I would like a psych exam, because I am seeing you as a talking gumball machine filled with cola, sir.”
- Master Engineer Floyd Snow before his stay at the Killington Mental Recovery Ward.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Say taalismn, you can expand on the nightmare tribe, you would no step on any toes here. Plus, here's a short tale for war mount inspiration:

“So, I guess I should start after the attack. I was with Smalls and Lu when the deadboys attacked during our test of that new power armor. Lu got hit right in the upper back and Smalls, that berserker, charged though and was ripped to ribbons by those lasers. I had managed to get out before I was surrounded and beaten up. They dragged me along until dusk, that’s when things got crazy. Left and right, skullies were being ripped in half, three were hit by some kind of gunk and were melting, and this one guy had some kind of metallic leeches burrowing into his armor. The beasts look liked they had come out of a horror movie, one of the bigger one was underground, but it had tentacles that grabbed troops and pulled them under. The next were more numerous, wolves but with meat grinders for heads. The last one was this frog/toad thing that wrapped its tongue around me and swallowed me. I must have blacked out, because next thing I know I am in this bed, with most of my bruises healed up. No sir, I have no idea what happened to the last power armor, and with permission, I would like a psych exam, because I am seeing you as a talking gumball machine filled with cola, sir.”
- Master Engineer Floyd Snow before his stay at the Killington Mental Recovery Ward.

Oi! :shock:

Guys, looks like we'll be having another new Tribe. Set another place at the table and maybe they'll come.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Say taalismn, you can expand on the nightmare tribe, you would no step on any toes here. Plus, here's a short tale for war mount inspiration:

Oi! :shock:

Guys, looks like we'll be having another new Tribe. Set another place at the table and maybe they'll come.

Shemharazahd; "Oh dear... Goodbones, do go on and make sure these aren't infected with Blacksteel would you?"
Tylax (The Mink); "New friends?!" :love: :fl:
Hope Brightlance & Goodbones; *headesk* :frust: "TYLAX..."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

You realize, of course, that by concept the Nightmares are going to be even more deranged and grimdark than the Skullcrushers, not as fun at parties as the Sapphire Cobras, and more reclusive than the Ghost Riders?

89er's snippet suggests, for instance, the Nightmares are tech-bandits, they use smaller robots as weapons, at least one of their warmount types has underground capabilities, others are big on tentacle appendages(or maybe those aren't warmounts, but their -warriors-), they like corrosive weapons, and unless the survivor is on serious drugs there at the end, they use powerful psionic assaults(maybe even to heal up those they, for whatever reason, decide not to kill).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:You realize, of course, that by concept the Nightmares are going to be even more deranged and grimdark than the Skullcrushers, not as fun at parties as the Sapphire Cobras, and more reclusive than the Ghost Riders?

89er's snippet suggests, for instance, the Nightmares are tech-bandits, they use smaller robots as weapons, at least one of their warmount types has underground capabilities, others are big on tentacle appendages(or maybe those aren't warmounts, but their -warriors-), they like corrosive weapons, and unless the survivor is on serious drugs there at the end, they use powerful psionic assaults(maybe even to heal up those they, for whatever reason, decide not to kill).

Oh yes; thus why the Hawkmoon High-Matriarch asked her personal chief Spinster to analyze for 'Blacksteel'
...and Hope & Goodbones reaction to Tylax's (inevitable) misconception. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[Oh yes; thus why the Hawkmoon High-Matriarch asked her personal chief Spinster to analyze for 'Blacksteel'

That, and Tylax's comment: "Heeeeyyyyyy....tentacles!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Maybe this will shed more light on the Nightmare’s tactics:

“If it wasn’t for Paladin Steel, we would have nowhere to go. Paragon Progress was meant to empower the powerless, and give people hope that heroes did exist as they did on my world. When ARCHIE began making simulated spells, we went crazy. After enough of those magebots were captured, our team set to work making simulated super abilities, creating dozens of prototypes and hundreds of blueprints in the span of a few months. It was an exciting time, until they came that night. I was working an all nighter and most of the full time staff were asleep, then I looked up from my workbench to notice some of the lights were flickering between orange and green. I walked out to check the fusebox, that’s when I heard the screams. I raced to quarters where I saw people vomiting, giggling and running around on some bad trip. I would have made it to the safe room, but several of what looked like rat-ants leapt on me and bit me in several places. The medics told me when they found me, I was singing 90s lite rock to anaudiance of snack cakes outside the facility.”
“So you and that staff did have some bumps but no one was killed when the facility was destroyed and-“
“That not the worst part, not by a long shot. I checked our vaults and backup servers, all the data we had collected, the prototypes and blueprints were gone. All of our work, stolen by god knows what, now in the hands of something dangerous.”
-Ted Forscythe, Chief Developer for the former Paragon Progress think tank.

I hope this helps clarify several things:
+The Nightmares make heavy use of simulated spells, simulated super abilities, and horror ideas.
+They use small, easily creatable robots for some swarm tactics and chemical warfare in hallucinogenics.
+ Corrosive weapons are standard issue.
+ Underground capabilities for their recorded warmounts.
+Think Halloween if it decided to go to war.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:[Oh yes; thus why the Hawkmoon High-Matriarch asked her personal chief Spinster to analyze for 'Blacksteel'

GAH! Twice in one day!!! :eek: :frust:
INDUSTRIAL brain-bleach...STAT!

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Maybe this will shed more light on the Nightmare’s tactics:

“If it wasn’t for Paladin Steel, we would have nowhere to go. Paragon Progress was meant to empower the powerless, and give people hope that heroes did exist as they did on my world. When ARCHIE began making simulated spells, we went crazy. After enough of those magebots were captured, our team set to work making simulated super abilities, creating dozens of prototypes and hundreds of blueprints in the span of a few months. It was an exciting time, until they came that night. I was working an all nighter and most of the full time staff were asleep, then I looked up from my workbench to notice some of the lights were flickering between orange and green. I walked out to check the fusebox, that’s when I heard the screams. I raced to quarters where I saw people vomiting, giggling and running around on some bad trip. I would have made it to the safe room, but several of what looked like rat-ants leapt on me and bit me in several places. The medics told me when they found me, I was singing 90s lite rock to anaudiance of snack cakes outside the facility.”
“So you and that staff did have some bumps but no one was killed when the facility was destroyed and-“
“That not the worst part, not by a long shot. I checked our vaults and backup servers, all the data we had collected, the prototypes and blueprints were gone. All of our work, stolen by god knows what, now in the hands of something dangerous.”
-Ted Forscythe, Chief Developer for the former Paragon Progress think tank.

I hope this helps clarify several things:
+The Nightmares make heavy use of simulated spells, simulated super abilities, and horror ideas.
+They use small, easily creatable robots for some swarm tactics and chemical warfare in hallucinogenics.
+ Corrosive weapons are standard issue.
+ Underground capabilities for their recorded warmounts.
+Think Halloween if it decided to go to war.

Ew Ya! A hard PS/Paragon-Shemarrian link! Either through the dimension where the Corporate Alliance holds sway over the East Coast, or the one next door where PS is still a little company up on the shores of Lake Champlain(but is being infiltrated by their more advanced selves from an alternate Rifts Earth).
Add the possibility of Awakened non-Shemarrian Archie Robots and the cloned psionic cyborgs(maybe a few of them escape from one of A3's testing facilities in the wake of an early EShemar raid at the heart of the Cyberworks' empire)....hmmm...we've got the ball rolling here for some seriously messed up and dangerous Nightmares... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

GAH! Twice in one day!!! :eek: :frust:
INDUSTRIAL brain-bleach...STAT!

Here....Sand blaster? Goes in ear. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I realize it will not be official until the tribe gets an official write up, but I take it the Nightmares have earned their place?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

89er wrote:I realize it will not be official until the tribe gets an official write up, but I take it the Nightmares have earned their place?

*twitches on floor; one is not sure if head is moving to indicate agreement, or nervous convulsions* :frazz:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
89er wrote:I realize it will not be official until the tribe gets an official write up, but I take it the Nightmares have earned their place?

*twitches on floor; one is not sure if head is moving to indicate agreement, or nervous convulsions* :frazz:

Why not both?

Admittedly, the addition is going to wreak havoc in some quarters...sorta like adding a new state to the union('Oh hell! You mean we gotta re-issue new flags? AND History books? And add a new zip code? Can't we just declare them a protectorate? Or a commonwealth, and leave it at that?"), and with other projects in the pipe, it might take awhile for some of us to do stuff for them, but we hardly be promoting/begging people to contribute to the thread and then just turn 'em down, can we? :D

Some Random thoughts...

Oh, for a Nightmare Tribe totem-sigil? My first thought is a black skull, seen face on, in cold blue flames(eye sockets lit blue) :bandit:

“There are those who have suffered more than us, but who have clawed out of their despair on their own. To cling to our own darkness in the light of their example is pure pretentiousness on our part, and ill-befitting our Tribe.”
----SkullCrusher War Goddess Nerys Night-Sunder, refering to the Nightmare Tribe.

"Somebody more messed up than the Skullcrushers? Okay, are you afraid yet?"
---Ghostrider Erna Wozniak-Babbage

"There are those Nightmares who look normal, but who project nightmares, and then there are those Nightmares who desire to look like creatures of nightmare ALL THE TIME. I don't know which scares me more."
----Wayfinder Mara Aeon-Seer

"Oh, we're good at interpreting dreams, we are! And nightmares are dreams after all, very scary dreams! You...you want to live Where the Wild Things are, I think."
-----Sapphire Cobra Seeress Anka Lightning Rider

“We’re not a Bright Point on the Star, We’re the Dark Between the Lines.”
---Attributed to a Nightmare Tribe Warrior.

Bedlam 3---Bedlam 3 was ARCHIE THREE’s codename for one of his biological research laboratories. Although A3 is primarily interested in robotics, with some profficiency in bionics(as shown in his work on James T.), his increased awareness of both the utility and threat posed by psionics(as seen in both the Mechanoids and the Ecotroz Shemarrians) has gotten A3 intensely interested in technologically assisted/induced psionics(he is, after all, a perfect example of such). What he’s learned about advances in M.O.M. augmentation got him intrigued, so to learn more, he simply took the liberty of dispatching his proxies to known M.O.M. centers and conned or kidnapped any M.O.M dealers he could get ahold of, and stole as much data as he could. Once in his power, his captive doctors were forced to give up their secrets. In this way, A# and Hagan have acquired a working knowledge of M.O.M technology that would later be applied to the mage-control project and transferred intelligence work.
While A3 doesn’t have the sophistication of Mindwerks, his experiments are just as brutal(though, in his defense, ARCHIE-3 -painlessly- disposes of his test subjects, rather than vivisect them as he used to in the old days). The Bedlam labs were set up to test and apply the MOM work and test the progress of various neuralogical studies.
Bedlam-3 was set up adjacent to one of A3’s OZ-sites. It also was one of the first such sites that was hit during the EShemmarians’ push against the Dark One’s core facilities. The battle was fierce, and A3’s new forces, including a squad of his new Holy Warriors, actually made some headway in holding back and slaying some of the attackers. However, the rebels managed to overwhelm the defenses, cracking the bunker and its surrounding facilities.
Several dozen inmates; Holy Warriors in the process of being ‘formatted’, neurological experiments, M.O.M. conversions, and their brainwashed/browbeaten doctors managed to escape, assisted by several confused medical robots(some of them actually Awakened in the heat of battle). Confused, delusional, and not having a correct perception of reality between all of them, this asylum escape managed to get through the chaotically shifting lines of battle and into the wilderness, where, like so many in the growing high-tech Shemarrian Civil War, they sought refuge...anyway.
The Bedlam-3 refugees would eventually fall into the company of the freelance free Artificial Intelligences who would form the Nightmares. The ‘Bedlamites’ would give the Nightmares a strong, if thoroughly deranged, core of skilled and exotically-talented personnel on which to build.
The Nightmares see themselves as falling outside the rigid structure of the Ten Tribes, but see themselves as having as valid a claim to Tribal honor as any. Looking at the Shemarrian Pentacle, they do not see themselves as occupying a point, but taking their place in the space between the lines.

Possible Elements of the Nightmares:
-Unaligned Ecotroz Shemarrians(EShemar ‘Awakened’ by solitary EShemar, but who were subsequently orphaned when their ‘parent’ got killed before they could be escorted back to one of the rebel tribes). Including at ;east one Psi-Shamaness who has 'seen' into the mind of Hagan Lonovich.

-Shemarrian true AIs who were the product of the same factory that produced the Ghost Riders and the aberrant programming glitches in the Wolf’s Path.

-Non-Shemarrian Cyberworks robots who were ‘Awakened’, as well as other robots so Awakened during the time that the Ecotroz was indiscriminately infecting AI matrices. This includes early ‘Myrmidons’ and can include orphaned Orseme NeShemar and Ne’R’Mar. The Bedlam-3 escapees also added several Awakened medical robots, many of whom felt a programmed obligation to continue to attend to their ‘patients’.

-Escaped Brainwashed AHES-14 Implantees, including several mages and several dozen M.O.M. surgeons(these latter are now happily at work coming up with various chemical concoctions for the Nightmares’ chemical arsenal).

-Escaped ‘Holy Warriors’ (or various experiments on the same concept ) who have turned against Archie-3.

-Miscellaneous Others---These can include various mental-case cyborgs(both local and d-bee) and alien robots(including, it’s rumored, an Awakened Vallax robot or two..see Rifts: Juicer Uprising)

The Nightmares will likely get Progen and Assembler Forge technologies from encounters with the rebels(who are spreading the word to others of like-mind; i.e. anti-Dark One).

I can see the Wayfinders learning of the Nightmares first, courtesy of their mystic scrying. The Sapphire Cobras would likely be next, in a strange case of the younger new Tribes being somehow alert to the emergence of new later Tribes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Agonarii(Handmaidens of ARK)

<Technically, Hagan, the Agonarii ARE the most truthful of our Shemmarians we’re yet created; they look like robots because they ARE robots, and they’re the closest to their Goddess because they ARE essentially the understudy projects for ARK, which is an extension of Me. It’s almost a pity our enemies can’t appreciate those ironies when the Agonarii kill them.>
“Oh, I’m sure they’ll learn it in hell, Archie.”

The Agonarii originally started out as essentially basic mobile humanoid test articles for the ARK project. Meant to test basic concepts outside VR sim, the ARK-XP001s were only vaguely Shemarrian in form, more resembling the A-51 Spybot, with little thought to making them seem more realistically lifelike. They were used to test specific systems, then were essentially mothballed to await later re-use or recycling. When Hagan was informed of the Ark-001b debacle, he also learned of the ARK-XP001s, but saw in them inspiration, of an odd type, for a new hunter-assassin robot.
With all their efforts going into creating a rich false history for their Shemarrians, Hagan argued, they could further muddy the waters by going simplistic, almost retro-style. Their very facelessness and lack of realistic flesh, while still familiar and feminine in form, could be used to inspire terror, akin to that of the many masked villains of the pre-Rifts horror and action films enjoyed by Archie and Hagan. Their very robotic appearance, with some fine tuning, could be used to further the Shemarrian mystique.
In many regards, the Agonarii resemble the AA-60 Hunter-Destroyer Robots(See Rifts: The Mechanoids, pg. 26), which may be playing with fire if anybody noticed the similarities, but Archie and Hagan figure that anybody who got that close to really study the AA-60s close enough to see the similarities is already dead. Instead, the smooth lines and contrasting style will be used to emphasize that this particular batch of Shemarrians is a breed apart from their sisters.
Because they don’t have to allow for cosmetic disguise (layered armor, fake skin, etc), ARCHIE-3 and Hagan can stuff a lot more inside the Agonariis’ armor in the way of protection and power projection, fitting what amounts to War Goddess performance into a frame the size of a Chieftain. Stealth is one of the ideas behind the design as well; sacrificing raw speed for prowl capabilities. A3 has also integrated a stealth jetpack into his latest design, the idea coming from the Coalition States’ own Special Forces body armor and its integral ‘hushed’ jetpack. This allows the Agonarii to quietly ghost through the air, hover virtually unseen and unheard high in forest canopy, and attack from airborne ambush. To further the idea of near-supernatural assassins, the Agonarii have been fitted to fake a number of useful spells.
The Agonarii resemble Shemarrians, but their body armor is slimmer, more streamlined, almost stealthy, with curving lines that suggest an almost skintight fitting. Their faces are featureless metal masks, save for two dark eyes and a suggestion of a nose. In fact, they are NOT wearing armor; it is their robot bodies, and they are not wearing masks. This simplifies their construction greatly. As prototypes for the ARK, the Agonarii have been made and programmed to be faster, more agile, more lethal, with a variety of concealed weaponry and special moves.
Meanwhile, Archie and Hagan have been using their proxies(casual asides from Shemarrians to others, mostly) to spread various rumors;
- The Agonarii are an elite order of Shemarrians akin to warrior-nuns, sworn to the service of the goddess ARK, but also serve as ninja-like enforcers for the War Goddesses.
- The Agonarri are even more bionic than their sisters; the equivalent of full conversion cyborgs.
- They are never seen without their armor or their masks because both are permanently fused to their bodies, in luridly painful rituals, as part of their oath to ARK. Only their Goddess may look ever again upon their faces.
-The Agonarii are Shemarrians who have been hideously maimed by the enemies of the Shemarrians. These mortally wounded and horribly disfigured women have chosen to become something both more and less than Shemarrian in order to protect their Tribes and take vengeance on their enemies.
-The Agonarii are made from Shemarrian children born horribly deformed, but kept alive to be raised as weapons in the service of the tribes.
-The Agonarii are the only alternative allowed Pariahs to redeem themselves in the eyes of other Shemarrians.
-The Agonarii have been transmuted by powerful magic until they are flesh no more, but their souls animate metal bodies in service to their Goddess. When they die/are destroyed, their spirits merge with their Goddess.
-The Agonariis’ biology has been transformed by alchemetic-like Juicer procedures such that their blood is instantly poisonous to those who are too close to them, and their bodies will explode if exposed. This process keeps them in a state of constant pain, but also ever alertness and perpetual anger.
- They are sworn to silence and do not communicate with outsiders, save through their actions. They only speak with the most elite of Shemarrians and only when absolutely necessary.
-The only time Agonarii ever speak to outsiders is just before they kill those outsiders.
- They evidence no emotion, no fear, no pain, no sadness, for such is anathema to their oath.
-Their self-destruct is more violent and explosive than their fellow Shemarrians because of their oath to take their enemies down with them and the special measures they take to insure that.
- To approach them too closely is to suffer agony, even death.

In these ways, A3 and Hagan hope to hide the robotic nature of their new assassins in plain sight, by contrasting them to what is already speculated/”known” about the Shemarrians.
Archie’s as of recently produced only a few dozen of these ‘Shemarrian shinobi’, and used them to back up his loyalist Shemarrians. Thus far, the rebels have had only a few encounters with the new Agonarii, but have already come to loathe these assassins.

Type: Ark-XP001 Agonarii
Class: Combat Assassin Robot
Crew: Neural Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 600
Head 100
Antennae(3) 10 each
Chest Cannon(2) 25 each
Upper Arms & Shoulders(2) 130 each
Forearms(2) 100 each
Hands(2) 20 each
Legs(2) 160 each
Leg Jets(4) 60 each
Cloak(optional) 100
Height: 9 ft
Width: 4 ft
Length: 2.6 ft
Weight: 1,450 lbs
Cargo: Whatever can be carried
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 46
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 20 year energy life
Speed:(Running) 100 MPH
(Leaping) 30 ft up/across, 100 ft up/across with a running start
Jet-boosted leaps add an additional 200 ft
(Flying) Hover to 60 MPH, maximum altitude of 1,200 ft
(Flying---Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 30 MPH, and survive depths down to 10,000 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to ARCHIE-3’s forces
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems.

*ECM Systems---The Agonarii integrate the same EW/ECM systems as the Male Shemarrians.

*Explosive Self Destruct System----In addition to the normal thermal-dissolution system, Agonarii have a more conventional explosive self-destruct system with an area of effect. The reasoning is that this implies the Agonarii are fully prepared to take their enemies down with them, even in death. More practically, ARCHIE-3 has guessed that the rebel Shemarrians are somehow subverting his Shemarrians through physical contact, and with this back-up, he and Hagan hope to dissuade that particular activity and take some of the rebels out. The plasma charge does 2d6x10 MD to a 20 ft radius.

*Chameleon Covering---The skin-shell and cloak-gear of the Agonarii are covered in a microcell adaptive camouflage system that takes 2 APMs to adjust to surroundings, but renders them 80% undetectable by visual search, as long as they are standing still, 75% prowl if moving.

*Stealth Flight System---The integral flight system is specially muffled, giving the Agonarii the equivalent of a 70% airborne prowl.

*Molecular Adhesion Pads on the hands and feet, allowing them to cling near-effortlessly to any surface string enough to take their weight.

Weapons Systems:
1) Chest Plasma Cannons(2)---Identical to those developed for the AA-60, but concealed in the Shemarrian’s breasts. These are kept concealed until they can deliver a fatal surprise attack.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD single blast, 1d6x10 MD for a double simultaneous blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Forearm Particle Beam Blasters(2)---Each forearm houses a PBC, based on the Northern Gun NG-45LP ‘Long Pistol’.
Range: 1,200 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD single blast

3) Retractable Finger Claws---Standard Shemarrian hand weapons.
Range: Melee
Damage: 3d6 MD on a slash/swipe

4)Forearm Vibroblades(2)---In addition to the usual finger-claws, the Agonarii mount larger retracting vibroblades in their forearms. The longer length of protruding blade makes them better parry weapons than the finger-blades.
These heavy vibroblades can also be fired like projectiles. A micro-fine filament line and winch can then be used to pull the blade back for re-use(in the confusion of battle, this can be sometimes be mistaken for a magic or telekinetic weapon)
Range: Melee. Fired as a projectile, the vibroblades can be fired up to 150 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD on a slash/strike
Fired as a projectile, the vibroblades do 4d6 MD. They can only retain their vibrofields for 1d4 melees after being fired, and if not reattached to the Agonarii within six minutes, a chemical self-destruct system similar to the Shemarrians’ own dissolves the weapon, preventing it from being used/examined by enemies.

5) Retracting Vibroblades---The Agonarii can extend vibroblades from the elbows, shoulders, knees, and feet, making herself into a veritable shredding machine.
Damage: +2d6 MD to a punch/elbow strike, + 3d6 MD to a kick or knee strike

6) Explosive Throwing Blades---These are similar to the War Goddesses’ mini-blades, but are designed to be thrown like shuriken, but also can be remotely detonated, once stuck in a target.
Range: Can be accurately thrown up to 100 ft.
Damage: 1d4 MD on a strike, 1d6 MD explosive to a 4 ft blast radius(DOUBLE damage on a roll to strike of 18-20; the blade sticks in the target.
Payload: 30 blades total, 15 each in secret leg compartments.

7) Spell Emulation(refer to Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter #53 for details on A3’s experiments in Spell Approximation).
Note: the following are just ‘standard’, other ‘spells’ can be added at A3’s discretion/whim.

-Dark Miasma---This is actually a chemical smoke cloud of very dark and light-absorbing micro-particles combined with an acidic irritant agent; it covers a 10 ft wide area and works in similar fashion to a Cloud of Smoke cloud, but also does 2d4 SDC/HP, plus 1d4 SDC/HP for 1d4 melees, and victims are-5 to strike. parry, and dodge for 1d4 melees. The acid will also etch plastic goggles(but not MD ones). Cloud persists in the air for 1 melee. The Agonarii have enough chemical for 20 uses before needing refills of the system.

-Agony---A more powerful version of that described in Rifter #53. This is a directed microwave blast that does 3d6 SDC every 3 seconds at a range of 60 ft. Victims must save at 19 or better or lose HALF their APMs and -1 to all combat actions due to the intense pain. It has also been modified to do damage through PLASTIC body armors(even MDC) types of less than 30 MDC, even if the head is covered, but cannot affect metal, ceramic, or heavier MDC armors, nor work on cyborgs.

-Fear Dirge---Actually an ultrasonic broadcast emission from an emitter in the head, directed at the victims. ARCHIE-3 had hoped to emulate the power of telepathy, by using a precison-directed ultrasonic beam to directly manipulate the inner ears of targets and convey speech that way, but that didn’t work out as hoped. Instead, test subjects just complained of general feelings of nausea and disorientation, so A3 kept the device as a disorientation weapon.
Range: 70 ft
Effects: Victims must save at 14 or better or be -3 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -10% to Maintain Balance for 1d4 melees due to the painful droning they hear/feel in their bones and in their head. Beings with enhanced hearing suffer DOUBLE penalties. Those with protected hearing or have had their biological ears/eardrums replaced altogether, are immune to this attack.

8 ) Use of any handheld weapons---Agonarii have access to the full range of Shemarrian/Cyberworks weaponry, as well as battlefield acquisitions and salvage. They often like to use other people’s weapons when attacking from concealment, the better to mask their identities and confuse their enemies until they are ready to deliver the final strike.

Hand to Hand:
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 10
Initiative +3
Strike +6
+4 Strike with ranged weapons
+6 Strike with Shemarrian/EShemar weapons
Dodge +7 (+9 Dodge in flight)
Parry +7
Roll +4
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +2
Entangle +2
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Paired Weapons
Controlled SDC Punch 2d6+30 SDC
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 4d6 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 1d4x10 +5 MD
Body Block/Tackle 2d6 MD
Stomp 2d6 MD
Kick 5d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 1d6x10+12 MD

Skills: Same as for the regular Shemarrian, plus the following:
Demolitions 95%
Demolitions Disposal 95%
Fencing.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*super bump*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Bump w/ content!

EShemar Darkwater Scylllan Elite
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/ShemarrianScyllaElite_zpsb2fc65d5.jpg

“Ever see one of them Scyllar gals going one on one with a Splugorth Slaver? It’s incredible! All punching or kicking tentacles, grappling for a grip, each one o’ them trying to twist the other’s limbs or head off! At the time, though, I didn’t realize one of them was trying to rescue me from the other! I thought them both wuz fightin’ to see who got to eat me! I didn’t know if I was to be rightly amazed at the sight, frightened to hell, or plain motion sick from trying to watch all that action going on at the same time!”

The Sapphire Cobras aren’t the only Tribe with a knack for radical and arguably frightening Elite classes, as anyone who has seen the Scyllan Elite can attest. Those who have, ascribe the design to the so-called ‘Monster Tribe’, though they would be surprised to learn that the Scyllans are found in BOTH the Darkwaters and Horrorwoods Tribes(although it is fairly rare).
The Scylla resembles a Warchieftain(ess) from the waist up; below, the body splits into eight long octopus-like tentacles. Hydrojets in the hips help push the Elite through the water, just like a squid. Ponderous on land(the Scyllan needs at least three intact tentacles to stand up, and four to actually move), the Elite is pure murder underwater and in zero-gravity, able to launch multiple melee attacks. Coordinating all of these attacks fairly taxes even the psionic-positronic nervous systems of the Scyllans, so they have some of the best developed secondary ‘hind-brains’ of any Shemarrian/EShemar, and even then, feedback overload is said to give the Scyllans’ personality an edge of madness.

The Scylla is believed to have first appeared during the latter stages of the Shemarrian Civil War, but was not known of outside the Tribe for many years afterwards, on account of the two-front war the Darkwaters were fighting, ashore against their Loyalist sisters, and at sea against the Splugorth. Nicknamed ‘Mother Squid’(but never ‘Octomom’) or ‘Sea Witches’, Scyllans often commanded the handful of submarine warships the Darkwaters managed to acquire/rebuild for power projection against the Splugorth, campaigns they pursued with zeal. It was rumored, for instance, that the Scyllans feasted on the bones of vanquished Horune pirates, and drank from the skulls of Splugorth Slavers. Other claims have been made that these Elite amuse themselves by hunting giant squidStidjron, Naut’Yll, and Devil Kraken for sport.

As noted before, the Scyllan is found in the ranks of both the Darkwaters and Horrorwoods. This transmigration of Elite designs is indicative of the close ties between the two Tribes when it came to the Horrorwoods of the Shemarrian Star Nation taking over many of the amphibious warfare roles that the Darkwaters conducted on Rifts Earth.
Scyllan Elites are rare, but being based on War Chiefs, they are typically assigned high command positions in charge of DeepWatch bases or deep space facilities.

Type: EShemar Dw/Hw-Scyllan
Class: Energy Lifeform/Robot Fusion Self-Sufficient Amphibious Operations Gynoid
Crew: Ecotroz Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 325(body armor adds 150 MDC)
Head 90 (armored headdress adds 100 MDC)
Head Antennae(3) 10 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders(2) 120 each
Forearms(2) 106 each
Hands(2) 20 each
Leg-Tentacles(8) 100 each

Height: 8 ft; the tentacles can raise the Elite up to 12 ft tall
Width: 4 ft at shoulders; the tentacles can extend out 12 ft to each side
Length: 2 ft front to back; the tentacles can extend out 12 ft to each side
Weight: 2,800 lbs
Cargo: Whatever can be carried
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 42, tentacles each have a Robotic P.S. of 35
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion
Speed:(Running) 40 MPH
(Leaping) 15 ft up/ 40 ft across
(Flying) Not possible without specially modified jetpacks or use of magic
(Flying---Space) Not possible(see Variants)
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 5 MPH, swim at 45 MPH, and survive depths down to 5 miles
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the Darkwaters Tribe and Shemarrian Star Nation Darkwaters and Horrorwoods Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Sonar---Range: 3 miles

*Underwater Motion Detection---This consists of a skin network of temperature and pressure sensors that pick up changes in the immediate surrounding environment. As long as the gynoid is wearing little or nothing in the way of coverings that would interfere with the sensors, they give the Scyllan a +2 to Initiative, Dodge and Roll underwater.

*Buoyancy Regulator---The Scyllans can control their own buoyancy through the use of special internal varying-state gel ‘organs’.

*Depth Gauge

*Tentacles(8)---12 ft reach each, Robotic P.S. of 35, +15% to Climbing skill, -2 to strike w/ melee weapons, -3 to strike w/ ranged weapons.

*Molecular Adhesion Pads---The octopus legs are studded with multiple molecular adhesion pads, allowing the Scylla to cling to just about any surface, get a grip on such about anything, and do extra damage tearing multiple silver dollar-sized swaths of skin off a target.

Weapons Systems:
1) Blue-Green Frequency Wrist Lasers(2)(no penalties for firing underwater)
Range: 2,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast

2) Forearm Ion Blaster(2)---In place of the War Chieftain’s light plasma ejector, the Scylla mounts an ion blaster. The ion blasters also have an area of effect ‘spray’ mode for dealing with multiple targets.
Range: 1,600 ft (1,000 ft underwater)
Damage: 5d6 MD single shot
(Ion Scatter-Shot Mode) Reduce range to 400 ft, but does 4d6 MD to a 12 ft wide area.
Rate of Fire: Standard

3) Retractable Tentacle VibroBlades(8)---Each tentacle conceals in its end a retracting harpoon-like vibroblade.
Damage: +2d4 MD to a tentacle punch/slash

4) Retractable Tentacle Vibrospikes---The multiple molecular adhesion ‘sucker’ pads hold a small extendable ‘tooth-spike’ in their centers, that provides additional anchoring traction, but which also add to the damage on a punch, by ‘biting’ into a struck target and removing silver dollar-sized swaths of skin and flesh when the tentacles pry loose.
Damage: 1 MD each, but adds +2d6 to a punch/slap/pry with the tentacles.

5) Ink Jet---A modification of the chemical sprayer system, this system can be used to release a dark, clouding chemical that obscures vision and also has some effect on sonar systems. In air, the system can also be used to spray a jet to blind targets, but a call to strike must be made to aim the fluid at eyes or optics. In the alternative, the ink can be replaced with Gill Clog chemicals, the formula for which was stolen from the Kittani(see Rifts: Underseas. pg 174).
Range: 20 ft radius. In air, the jet can be sprayed 80 ft away.
Damage: Creates a blinding cloud in the water that’s virtually impossible to see through(-5 to strike, parry, dodge, disarm, and entangle). Even sonar effectiveness will be degraded 50%(HALF bonuses if using sonar targeting to shoot through the cloud).
In air, an accurate hit in a target’s eyes will cause them to be temporarily blind; -10 to strike, parry, dodge, disarm, and entangle for 2d6 melee rounds. Those with eye protection will suffer only HALF penalties for 1d6 melee rounds, as the oily chemical tends to stick and smear.
Rate of Fire: ECHH. Depending on water currents, the cloud persists for 1d4 minutes.
Payload: Has enough for 10 applications before needing to recharge(basic ink)

6) Use of Handheld Weapons----Scyllans can use any handheld weapon, especially Shemarrian weapons. Many Scyllans favor bayonet-equipped rail guns(firing modified supercavitating underwater ammunition) or large spears/harpoons/polearms.

Hand to Hand:
The following bonuses are in addition to any the Scyllan gets from additional skills/modifications
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 9 +4 tentacle attacks, + 1 additional attack at levels 3, 6, and 12
Initiative +3
Strike +7
+4 Strike with ranged weapons
+7 Strike with Shemarrian/EShemar weapons
Dodge +7
Parry +7
+1 from tentacles
Roll +4
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +2
+2 from tentacles
Entangle +2
+3 from tentacles
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Paired Weapons
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Tentacle Kick/Punch 1d6 MD
Tentacle Tear/Pry 2d4 MD
Tentacle Squeeze/Crush 2d6 MD

Programming/Skills:
The skills of the EShemar Scyllans depend on their origins and their level of experience.
Progen-born Scyllans will start with the full base hand to hand combat programming of the Shemarrian Warchief, but retain/add W.P. Energy Pistol. W.P. Energy Rifle, W.P. Heavy MDC Weapons(all at 8th level), replace W.P. Axe with W.P. Harpoon & Spear Gun, W.P. Targeting with W.P. Grappling Hooks. W.P. Polearm with W.P. Tridents (all at 9th level).
ADD:
Swimming 98%
SCUBA 94%
Wilderness: Undersea and Sea Survival 75%
Pilot: Boats(Two of Choice) 88%
Pilot: Military(Submersibles OR Warships/Patrol Hydrofoils) 88%
Pilot: Water Scooters 90%
Demolitions: Underwater 90%
Wrestling

Can acquire additional skills as normal for an Ecotroz Nueral Intelligence.

Psionics: As for the Ecotroz. About 30% of Scyllans are also Psi-Shamanesses.

Options:
-Tentacle Mail----A set of segmented applique armor sections that can be added to the Scylla’s tentacle-legs, adding +60 MDC to them, but restricting mobility somewhat: -1 to strike, parry, and entangle with them.

Variants:
*EShemar Dw-Scyllan-Astra---This is the dedicated deep space variant exclusive to the Shemarrian Star Nation Darkwaters Tribe.
-Repulsor Tethers---One Upgrade that is unique to the Darkwaters is the Repulsor Tether. Darkwater members are modified with implants that allow them to fly effortlessly inside and around their spacecraft when in zero-gee without the need of kicking off surfaces or wasteful reaction jets, but by alternate attraction/repulsion between their own bodies and the structures of their ships. With the RT system, Darkwaters crewmembers can flit about their ships at running speed, effortlessly. The RT system also provides a safety net when performing EVAs; the crewmembers can fly about (at up to x4 times their maximum running speed) their spacecraft like orbiting satellites(effective range; 12-15 ft for ships of 15 tons mass or less, up to 50 ft for ships of up to 6,000 tons mass, and up to 200 ft for ships of 50,000 tons mass or more), making them deadly adversaries in close combat about their spacecraft.

-Space Propulsion System: A system of jets and a mini-CG jetpack that allow the Scylla to fly through space at roughly Mach 1.3

-Programming: Replaces the above exclusive programming with the following:
Movement: Zero Gravity
Combat: Zero Gravity(Advanced)
EVA 98%
Pilot Spacecraft: General 90%
Navigation: Space 90%
Space: Depressurization Training 98%
Wrestling
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Nice.... 8)
Building up an impressive body of work there, adding to the legend(s).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

...and so the Shemarrian family tree continues to grow...and mutate... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:...and so the Shemarrian family tree continues to grow...and mutate... :D

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boy.
gonna be a nasty un-civil war.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Ouch...and if you thought the 'Angel of Death' was bad...
And Bedlam-3 seems to have the same revolving door security as Arkham Asylum.....Makes one wonder how bad Bedlams1-2 were... :D :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

More Shemarrian Blood Rider Incendiary Weaponry
“Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and where there’s fire, there’s usually Blood Riders.”

The Blood Riders’ theater of the Shemarrian Civil War was arguably more uncivil than most, and definitely hotter, seeing a decided trend in plasma and incendiary weaponry, including modifications to existing Warmounts. How effective these modifications were against other gynoids and robots remained to be seen, but more than a few cyborgs reportedly left the Blood Rider territories a lot faster than they went in(apparently even largely synthetic-bodied organics being duly impressed by FIRE).

*Blood Fire Rounds---Special Shemarrian Rail Gun rounds incorporating a capsule of hyper-napalm in them. They also act as tracers, making sustained fire more accurate(but also making it easier to backtrack the source of the fire).
Damage: +1d6 MD to initial strike, plus does an additional 1d4 MD for 1d4 melee rounds. Immersion in water does NOT put the fire out, plus there’s an 80% chance of setting combustibles on fire.
Bonus: +1 to strike in burst mode.

*FireDrake Conversion---Kits allowing for the modification of Monst-Rex, Monst-Rex “Pack Mule”, and Monst-Crane Warmounts to incorporate a mouth-mounted flamethrower. Later this was applied to other Blood Rider Warmounts as well. Not very effective against other gynoids/cyborgs, but very effective at clearing away zombies, provided the heat is intense enough to cremate them.
Range:(Direct-Stream Mode) 230 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flamethrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire:(Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload:(Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 20 blasts
(Napalm) 60 blasts
(MD Fluid) 100 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 120 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 200 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).

EShemar Jumpsuit Armor
These are lightweight jumpsuits of light megadamage plastic fabrics that are most often worn by the Spinster/Tinker and Acolite classes. While colors, cut, and styling vary widely by use and wearer preference, most are simple, utilitarian garments.
Weight: Spinster/Tinker-size:
Acolite-size: 23 lbs
MDC: Spinster/Tinker-size: 25
Acolite-size: 40
Encumbrance: None
Special Features:
*Optional Reinforcement---Special insert pockets and slots in the fabric can be used to hold additional reinforcing plates and ribbing, effectively DOUBLING the MDC.

EShemar Armored Robes
Though using fabrics similar to those used in the Jumpsuit Armor, these robe-like garments are far more voluminous and looser-fitting. More elaborately decorated versions of these outfits are worn as ceremonial dress by most Shemarrian classes, while simpler and more plebian variants are often worn by the Acolite and NeShemar classes.
Weight: 25 lbs
MDC: 60 MDC
Encumbrance: -5% to Prowl, Climbing, Swimming, Gymnastics, and Acrobatics rolls.
Special Features:
*Optional Reinforcement---Additional ribbing and stiff inserts/embelishments, particularly to the shoulders, can add an extra +10-40 MDC.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:The Eshemar Jumpsuit Armor and Armored Robes are suspiciously similar to the ones used by the Holy Caste... Reverse-Engineering?

More coincidental parallel engineering(or an unsuspected mental link between us)...I actually hadn't read the Holy Warriors' armor descriptions that thoroughly and I've had these things backburnered in my Shemarrian WIP folder for several months now...
Now that you've called ny attention to it? (Cue 'Twilight Zone' theme music)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Still waiting on my crew to pick up the pace so I can intro Ava.
-sigh- :nh:

As it is, a vast majority of the material for the S.C.W. is idling on my archives because well... the PC's aren't around where they can see it being awsome (or cowering in fear; either state works for me).

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Still waiting on my crew to pick up the pace so I can intro Ava.
-sigh- :nh:

As it is, a vast majority of the material for the S.C.W. is idling on my archives because well... the PC's aren't around where they can see it being awsome (or cowering in fear; either state works for me).

The Dark Archives of the Shemarrian Civil War; revelations and truths just waiting for the curious and the adventurous to uncover, so they may at last see the light of day.... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Somewhere in the Megaverse:

Dear Sparkle Flux-Capacity,

I have been dating War Goddess Nerys Night Sunder for a while now, and I am nervous where to take it next. Our first date was nice as we talked about each others lives and I gave her a box of handmade cryo rounds. After dinner, we tested them our on the firing range. The look on her face when the targets shattered on the ground, it made my day.

I really feel we have a connection, but I fear that my unmodified body would slow her down. She cares deeply about her people and rising above the stereotypes, and I do not want to get in the way and ruin her plans.

I have been considering full conversion or even one of those Bio Augments. What could I do to show her how much I care for her?

--Hoyt Sparks, PS/GNE Megaversal Relations
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Somewhere in the Megaverse:

Dear Sparkle Flux-Capacity,

I have been dating War Goddess Nerys Night Sunder for a while now, and I am nervous where to take it next. Our first date was nice as we talked about each others lives and I gave her a box of handmade cryo rounds. After dinner, we tested them our on the firing range. The look on her face when the targets shattered on the ground, it made my day.

I really feel we have a connection, but I fear that my unmodified body would slow her down. She cares deeply about her people and rising above the stereotypes, and I do not want to get in the way and ruin her plans.

I have been considering full conversion or even one of those Bio Augments. What could I do to show her how much I care for her?

--Hoyt Sparks, PS/GNE Megaversal Relations

Dear Sparks;
So the one ton fertilizer bomb got you some action? Congratulations!
But now you're worried about the Moment of Truth; is it going to be Meat or is it going to be Metal?
Well, if you're deadset on going the way of augmentation, but you still have reservations about giving up the flesh to live in alien surroundings. No, you don't have to go to the Gene Splicers or join the Gun Brotherhood, or sell your soul to the Splugorth, but there's a number of promising, reliable, and reputable biologics firms that are doing some incredible things with genetic engineering and splicing(including, I might add, your own company. Com'on, you might want to look down at the other end of the office complex to see what they're doing!). Maybe they might not make you into SuperDuperMan, CosmoKnight Equal, but they CAN toughen you up above and beyond normal fleshie parameters. But only if you well and truly want to.
Note: Not all of these are exactly legal on all worlds, so I would exercise caution if you're going out-of-company. And better yet, talk it over with your significant other before making that leap... Your decision, eitehr way, affects her just as much, so it's only polite to let her in on what you're feeling. She may know things, and at the very least, if things go south for you, you'll have back up(Or vengeance. Skullcrushers are big on vengeance.). She may be touched by your offer and have suggestions of her own. And besides, she may like you just the way you are!

Hoping you score,
Sparkle Flux-Capacity
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Somewhere in the Megaverse:

“Hoyt, thank god your back, our home has been invaded by cyber pets.”
“Yeah I brought them here. Just let me explain, Nerys is leading the Skullcrushers to free a system and test out several new warsteeds. She has the She-Mar Scouts with her, and asked if I could look after their pets for the duration of the crusade, so I said yes. Now who attacked you?”
“Well, when I woke up this morning, a silver ferret bounced everywhere and smashed up some of my furniture. It was like fighting a superball.”
“Oh that’s Pinball, Serenity told me that when he goes to a new place, he likes to explore a top speed.”
“After I escaped my room, this husky puppy kept tripping me over and over.”
“That would be Snare, Minako says he wants to help the pack in any way but is too young for combat, to he practices tripping people for the pack to close in.”
“I tried to call for help from the company, but this almost cartoonish spider was plugged into our house systems and it tased me.”
“Yeah, Ami did mention Tesla had been on an improvement steak ever since they came back form that United Worlds of Warlock Convention.”
“So then I figured I should get to the panic room, but a orange monkey was there, guzzling down our emergency supply of hot sauce, and it coated my eyes with pepper spray.”
“Sorry, Reye said that Cayenne needs three bottles of hot sauce a day, otherwise she gets in a biting mood.”
“After I could see again, I attempted to go to our weapons locker, but this Pachycephalosaurus with a Mushroom-like skull head butted me into the wall.”
“Matako said that Mashroom has a tendency to find an area of weapons and defend it to prevent harm from befalling he fellow pets.”
“After that, I headed to the kitchen where it was frozen over, where a floating octopus and a small polar bear were eating ice cream. The octopus whispered dead god’s recipes for tacos while the bear was also consuming every frozen food in the house, even the yeti burgers.”
“Ever since Hotaru and Michiru took up cooking, all R’lyeh and ColdPizza have been doing is working on their cookbook.”
“After the kitchen, the study was ransacked with a hyena eating the dire lion’s skeleton while a winged serpent was listening to the Singing One’s greatest hits.
“Ah, Haruka said that she was trying to feed Femur different bones other than Splugorth Minions, and Ssessuna has been listening to promethean dubstep for a while now.”
“So, how long do we have to baby sit these tiny titans anyway?”
“Til the end of the week Mike, now what could we have for dinner?”
taalismn
Priest

Thanks.
After spending the weekend trying to get into the heads of the Lost Eclipse/Nghtmare Tribe and visiting places Tim Burton would be afraid to go, I really needed that run of total absurdity..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight