Had calculater, got bored.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmer
Adventurer

Had calculater, got bored.

Unread post by Rimmer »

CCW Emancipation Class Dreadnaught.

Aft Hull Section (1/3) 92,000 MDC (Highest on the Ship)

Skelebot with CV-213 Laser Rifle Damage 4D6 MDC per shot, Average Damage 4 x 3.5 = 14

92,000 / 14 = 6571.42857 shots on average

6571.857 / 5 = 1314.28571 melee rounds (5 being the number of attacks a Skelebot has)

1314.28571 / 4 = 328.571428 minutes ( 1 melee round equals 15 seconds, 4 equals 1 minute)

328.571428 / 60 = 5.47619047 Hours

So, not taking into account natural 20 (double damage) a Skelebot will if not destroy, then cripple (more or less) an Emancipater class dreadnaught in less than five and a half hours.

Note to self, do not drink Red Bull to late in the day.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Had calculater, got bored.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

:| "I... I.."

:D

"Go Skelebot!"
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Don't know what kind of rounding system America uses but I am unsure how you managed to round 6571.42857 to 6571.857...

I too am bored, so I will work out the math with crits and misses taken into account.
With a +2 to strike, he needs a 6 or higher to hit, the double damage from a crit averages to the point that it is the equivalent of a 5 or higher meaning he will only be inflicting 75% of the damage you mentioned, averaging 10.5.
92,000 / 10.5 = 8761.90476 shots on average
8761.90476 / 5 = 1752.38095 melee rounds
1752.38095 / 4 = 438.09524 minutes
438.09524 / 60 = 7.30159 hours

As a side note, if it isn't one of the old surviving models that can use it's own power supply to power the weapon, it would require 439 E-clips :lol: .
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

I mistyped and forgot the first two didgits after the decimal place (the .42) dosen't seem to throw the equation to far out of whack.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Giant2005 wrote:Don't know what kind of rounding system America uses but I am unsure how you managed to round 6571.42857 to 6571.857...

Depending how many places you want to go to the right. .4 rounds down and .5 rounds up.
6571.42857 would round to 6571, and 6571.857 would round to 6572.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:With a +2 to strike, he needs a 6 or higher to hit

Don't you miss on a natural roll of 1 to 8 regardless?

A 1-8 is always a miss on ranged attacks, right??
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:With a +2 to strike, he needs a 6 or higher to hit

Don't you miss on a natural roll of 1 to 8 regardless?

A 1-8 is always a miss on ranged attacks, right??

A 1-8 is always a miss on ranged attacks, but it's a modified 1-8, not natural.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

I might recommend you guys trying it as a Natural 1-8 (and Melee 1-5), that is how I have been running it and it has been working out really well so far. It means the biggest meanest badest guys can still miss and the occasional bad guy has a bit more of a chance of slipping away when pinned down by enemy (player) fire.

It also shows a considerable different strategy between ranged and melee combat. Ranged combat is harder to dodge but not as accurate (and sometimes your enemies have the option of cover that can eat up the shooters attacks making called shots). While Melee combat is more dangerous but has a greater accuracy and suffers less from the cover disadvantage.
Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:I might recommend you guys trying it as a Natural 1-8 (and Melee 1-5), that is how I have been running it and it has been working out really well so far. It means the biggest meanest badest guys can still miss and the occasional bad guy has a bit more of a chance of slipping away when pinned down by enemy (player) fire.

It also shows a considerable different strategy between ranged and melee combat. Ranged combat is harder to dodge but not as accurate (and sometimes your enemies have the option of cover that can eat up the shooters attacks making called shots). While Melee combat is more dangerous but has a greater accuracy and suffers less from the cover disadvantage.

The problem with that is it takes skill out of the equation.
The most talented Sharpshooter in the history of existence would have the same 35% chance to miss a short range, stationery target that a 3 year old child would have.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:The problem with that is it takes skill out of the equation.
The most talented Sharpshooter in the history of existence would have the same 35% chance to miss a short range, stationery target that a 3 year old child would have.

The argument could swing both ways, someone with +5 never misses unless his opponent has a poor dodge roll. If you guys don't like it, its totally cool ignore it, but I've been running it my way and its one of the great things I like about Palladium compared to other PC's.

After the natural margin for error (35%) because of heavy winds, stress, and other missed attack opportunities from their target moving around etc, that's where skill comes in. After all, if you have +10 to hit and roll a 9 that's still difficulty 19 (normally 24 after penalties). So skill still plays a big factor, it just there is a margin of error that both players and GM's can hope for in tight situations.

I'd rather be hoping I rolled a bunch of 8's or lower when the room full of Blind Warrior Woman open fire on the feeling PC's. Much better than hoping for a 1 or "low successes" like in other games. Plus its always fun describing attacks that miss and the collateral damage of MD weapons on SDC structures. :lol:

I will admit it does "suck" if a sniper sits there, aims, and burns a bunch of actions for that one killer shot and a pigeon catches the bullet out of nowhere at the last minute and blows his shot... but it also makes things much more interesting. At least in my opinion (and experience).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rimmer wrote:CCW Emancipation Class Dreadnaught.

Aft Hull Section (1/3) 92,000 MDC (Highest on the Ship)

Skelebot with CV-213 Laser Rifle Damage 4D6 MDC per shot, Average Damage 4 x 3.5 = 14

92,000 / 14 = 6571.42857 shots on average

6571.857 / 5 = 1314.28571 melee rounds (5 being the number of attacks a Skelebot has)

1314.28571 / 4 = 328.571428 minutes ( 1 melee round equals 15 seconds, 4 equals 1 minute)

328.571428 / 60 = 5.47619047 Hours

So, not taking into account natural 20 (double damage) a Skelebot will if not destroy, then cripple (more or less) an Emancipator class dreadnaught in less than five and a half hours.

Note to self, do not drink Red Bull to late in the day.

That just shows you how much they nerfed the ships in the PB system.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Big Request

Would someone beable to sit the Traix Devastator next to the Traix Devastator MKII and calculate the difference between the first model and the second and list them in percentages for me?

For instance:
10% more MDC , 5% more speed, (etc).

Then divide those percentages by six so we can see the rate at which they improved their technology increases with their top scientists working on something around the lock 24/7 over the course of a year? (See the MKII description).

I am hoping to get a base template that I can apply yearly to prexisting super machines that are being "improved upon"

For instance
+5% extra MDC per year
+1% P.S per year.

And so on and so forth.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Big Request

Akashic Soldier wrote:Would someone beable to sit the Traix Devastator next to the Traix Devastator MKII and calculate the difference between the first model and the second and list them in percentages for me?

For instance:
10% more MDC , 5% more speed, (etc).

Then divide those percentages by six so we can see the rate at which they improved their technology increases with their top scientists working on something around the lock 24/7 over the course of a year? (See the MKII description).

I am hoping to get a base template that I can apply yearly to prexisting super machines that are being "improved upon"

For instance
+5% extra MDC per year
+1% P.S per year.

And so on and so forth.

I would if I could but I don't have Triax 2...
Also, I'm not entirely sure if the forum rules would allow it - by doing so it would (almost) be posting the stats of either of those bots which is a big no no.
Of course the way that they would be posting that info might be obscure enough to dodge that rule :wink: .

Either way, getting a template like that is a really cool idea. Palladium should put something like that in a conversion book.
I'd also like to see the results so I could compare it to the CS's technology progression between the Rifts main book and CWC. I'd be very disappointed if it turned out the CS was advancing at a higher rate than Triax...
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Predator Mk II vs. Super Samas.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well I can tell you the MDC increase for the main body was in the magnitude of 40% :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Rifts®”