Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Oh do run with this...our realities will adjust in time, and generate more ideas in the process... :D
And poor (right!) Hagan will be panting and gasping as he tries to come up with new ideas to stay ahead of the curve... :-D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:[ The other thing I have to end is the Demi-Shemarrian Prophet. The story of a Female Merc Borg that had a personal crusade aganist the Splugorth, died from it, and was "resurrected" as a Shemarrian Android by Ark herself (or ARCHIE himself... this is turning WEIRD).
The Project has been called codename: Lazarus, and the name has been selected again by ARCHIE (and Hagan is very bored with the bad and unimaginative name choices of his partner).

Full stats of Ark coming soon...

Not to be taken seriously..

I suddenly have visions of the various 'try-outs' for the perfect Demi-Shemarrian...
"CALL ME QUEEN!"(Whip#CRACK#!)
:eek: "YIOWWWHHH!!! ARCHIE! SHUTHERDOWNSHUTHERDOWNSHUTHERDOWN!"

"Oh WOW! I can shoot FIREBALLS!"
#!FWHAMPF!#
:shock: "ARRCCCHIIIEEE!!! FIREE CONTROLLL!!!"

"I have this sudden urge to put my fist through your face...."
:shock: "ARCHIE! SHUT HER DOWN! SHUT HER DOWN!"

"So, this is the rapid fire mode on this thing, right?"
"Urhm...wait-"
#BRAKKABRAKKABRAKKABRAKKABRAKKA-#
:shock: "SHUT HER DOWN! SHUT HER DOWN!"

"Okay, let's go with the brain-dead d-bee girl."
"Oh my..."
"Now you understand you are to promote the cult of Shemar?"
"Oh my..."
"Use your new abilities to help the Shemarrian cause!"
"My new abilities?"
" Why yes, because you're our new Goddess. Of course you have powers. You're stronger, faster, have lasers in your arms-"
"Oh my..."
"All courtesy of-"
"Kachū Tenshin Amaguriken!"####CRRRAAASSSHHHHH######
"Yes! I did it! I did it! I always wanted to try it and I did it!"
@SMASH@Krash@BASH@
:ugh: "...urk...(grunt)...wjat the hell just happened, Arch?"
<Containment failure, Hagan. She went through the wall, and is currently accelerating at over a hundred miles per hour out of my security perimeter.>
"...and, ah...why?...."
<Apparently to fulfill the imperative to help the Shemarrians.>
"But I hadn't yet gotten to the part of about obeying OUR orders!"
<Oops.>
"Okay. Cross that one off the list...Who's next?"
<A psychopathic axe-murderer from Tolkeen.>
"Is she good looking?"
<Reasonably. If I'm any sort of judge of such things. When she isn't drooling. Or growling.>
"Let me get a quick shower and clean up, and I'll do the interview. I got a good feeling about this one..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Indeed...and speaking of full-conversion boyfriends, because I'm feeling a little punchy today...

Let's look in on the Sailor Shemarrians...

"Hey Top-Hat! What the hell are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be helping Sailor Shemarrian fighting those alien slavers over there?!"
"I am."
"YOU'RE TWO WHOLE MILES FROM THE FREAKIN' BATTLEFIELD! WHAT KIND OF BOYFRIEND-HERO_CHAMPION OF JUSTICE ARE YOU?!"
"The kind that provides heavy support fire."
"Eh...?"
<Honey, your target designation feed is coming in loud and clear. I'm going to plant a field of roses, so stay put.>
#Got it, dear, And hurry; they got reinforcements incoming.#
<Nice. One spring shower coming up.>
#And what do your spring showers bring?#
<Kossacks. To rape and pillage those who'd invade your fair presence unbidden.>
#Don't think you would want to do THAT with these hairballs.#
<Then I'll settle for burning them. Incoming.>
DAKKDAKKDAKKDAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKDAKKDAKKDAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA
The two sixty-millimeter rapid-fire massdriver cannons on the shoulders of Sir Vladimir Hammer, Knight of the Earth and assault chassis-cyborg hummed, and then proceeded to spit nearly a hundred projectiles in rapid succession.
Moments later, a swath of terrain blossomed in nuclear plasma that obliterated the massed enemy troops pinned down in front of Silvermoon Serenity's position. The day seemed a lot brighter after that.
"And THAT is how I support my girlfriend" the massive Russian cyborg and Shemarrian-by-adoption explained to the gobsmacked sidekick. "With close plunging artillery support on demand."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Excellent. :ok:

And I'll adapt one of your ideas in return.
The Ark, I note is a '02' model....so here's the set-up:
There was a -01, maybe even a -00, -001B, -001C...prototypes for various projects, test articles for various systems(the sum of which is the -02) to see how they perform outside VR simulation.
One of these prototypes was a test of the transferred intelligence system installed in a four-armed 'Goddess' about roughly 1/3 the size of the final Ark model. ARCHIE-3 could have just as easily possessed it directly himself, but also wanted to see how the organic-to-computer transfer would work(in case he ever had to use it to save Hagan's essence). So he pulls a random fleshbag from one of the villages under his control and has the poor sap brain-curdled and swapped into the new body to see what happens.
At some point during the field testing, the prototype escapes(exact mechanism unknown), and because of the transferred intelligence now possessing it, Archie-3 cannot simply step into it and possess the -01. And the GPS tracker's been disabled somehow.
Fortunately, the transferred soul is amnesiac and fairly benign, but possessed of an angel's own larma, because she somehow manages to keep escaping from ARCHIE's search parties. Indeed, the prototype seems to have assimilated the whole Shemarrian mythos because she's wandering the landscape like a proselytzing holy woman, using her built-in capabilities to perform miracles and spread the word of Shemarrian goodness without any particular slant. Worse(or betetr) depending on how you look at it) she's acquiring non-Shemarrin followers.
The -01 in this case is, as mentioned, not as large or as powerful as the Ark is going to be, nor does it/she have massive weapons systems, nor even the body armor or hand weapons scaled for her, forcing her to make do with what she can find. The persona installed is peaceful, generally pacifistic(a simple soul), and currently believes she is the avatar of a Goddess, if not actually THE Goddess, but has access to the full-range combat programming of a standard Shemarrian War Goddess, that comes into play like a combat fugue when she's endangered. However, the frame does have a number of experimental systems(like nanite regeneration, holographic projection, micro-surgical suite, and what not), and the -01 is still VERY powerful compared to standard Shemarrians/ARCHIE'bots, and the average power armor.
A3 wants the -01 back, or destroyed, or neutralized, but the delusional prototype is helping muddy the waters about the Shemarrians, so it plays into A3 and Hagan's matryoshka strategy quite nicely...provided she doesn't somehow blow the lid on the whole Shemarrian scheme. The dissidents have also started to hear rumors about the 'Golden Goddess' and jhave their own questions; is she a lost sister? A new Tribe? A trap? Could she provide them with information on the Dark One and the inner sanctum of darkness(no, she can't, but she can bake cookies like you wouldn't believe). And there's this whole new cult of followers who could greet the Shemarrians(either side) as fellow believers in their new 'goddess', but by the same token, would go berserk on anybody who tried to harm or take their goddess away.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

nik_leonard wrote:Veronica, The first Demi-Shemarrian

I created a kind of first-hand-woman for Archie back in high school, one named Veronica.
At the time, I thought it was pretty clever... but now I'm wondering how many other people had a similar idea.

(My Veronica, though, was an Archie-created reverse-borg: a human body with a robot brain.)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:

I created a kind of first-hand-woman for Archie back in high school, one named Veronica.
At the time, I thought it was pretty clever... but now I'm wondering how many other people had a similar idea.

(My Veronica, though, was an Archie-created reverse-borg: a human body with a robot brain.)

:frust: :frust: :frust: I can't believe it took me this freakin' long to get the 'Veronica' joke! Yargh! :badbad: :badbad: :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

:frust: :frust: :frust: I can't believe it took me this freakin' long to get the 'Veronica' joke! Yargh! :badbad: :badbad: :badbad:

*EPIC FACEPALM!*
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:As you can see, is not a pun related to Archie and Veronica, but at the end, the script writes itself. And here, in Chile, Archie Comics are not very popular.
:P

Not very popular with me either....whenever the Zentraedi(or other alien) aramada shows up in my worlds to do some orbital bombardment, Riverdale always manages to get glassed.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote::P
In facts, there's a more recurring pun, that ARCHIE in Chile is the name of the Association of Radio Stations of Chile (ARCHI, but it's spelled ARCHIE)
"So, in the future, the Radio Stations become evil and created supercomputers trying to dominate the world?"

One of ARCHIE-3's nueral intelligence experiments lost through a Rift, now trying to spread the Word of A.I. in South America.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:Now my players will found about that ARCHIE and Veronica joke, and will start to make a lot of noise about that...
By the way, the idea of a runaway 01 Ark prototype is very appealing..

Thanks...I now feel determined to do at least one and post it(with credit to you for the BIG inspiration, of course). :D Brain was buzzing with ideas on the commute home(those parts of my brain not dealing with traffic and wet road conditions).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Gonna give 'The Celestial' concept another try-at tonight as well.
I gaurentee I'll at least open my word-doccument file on my computer and stare dumbly at the bold-face text title...and then most likely hunt down more 'Ponies' episodes. :fool:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nope; my muse needs to get a decent night's sleep.
I'll get on the 'Celestials' 2morrow.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Halfway through grinding through the Ark-001b runaway and hoping to have it done over the weekend, despite full weekend of work and expected sudden inspirations and need to create new systems. Lot of references to Rifter articles and liberal use of DhAkael's 'damn the rules, they're only suggestions!' philosophy. :D
Maybe, even, at some point, I'll sketch up 'Ava'. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:In fact, if we take the EcoTroz plot, the satellite transmission of Firmwares for new Shemarrians could be the first vector of infection for the EcoTroz Virus.
A Spinster received a spoofed ARCHIE Shemarrian Firmware upload transmission (with valid certificates and all of that) near a Ley Line Storm, and she believed that she and her sisters had to build a Shemarrian with that data, beginning the "Illumination" of the Shemarrians.

Ah, that's an interesting take on the 'Orbital Mind Control Lasers' concept. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shemarrian Elite Caste: The Celestials
Goodbones watched the progen chamber; the tall featureless grey egg-shaped device emitted soft pulsating noises in regular rhythm. Satisfied that all was going well with the first Human-Shemarrian pair bond progen child (and the child of the first progen-born at that) the Spinster settled down at her work bench to begin repairing Tysania’s rail-lance.
‘Honestly, the way that warrior keeps using her lance like a club, I’m surprised she wasn’t created as a Berserker’ muttered Goodbones.
So fixated on her repair project, the spinster didn’t see the progen chamber seem to momentarily glow from within with a pure blue-silver light.

[3 days later]

The newest member free-born into the Hawkmoon tribe stood before the shorter medic-technician, nude and still wreathed in mist. Goodbones could only stare wide-eyed and splay antennae at Hope & Vansent’s progeny.
~Not possible! She thought. ~She, no he…no. Lightbringer scorch it all, what do I call this?

The subject of the confused Spinster’s thoughts stretched its limbs and spread the silvery-pinioned wings to their full span. Intricate abstract tattoos of black, silver and blue trailed over the newborn Shemarr’s body from just under the raven black hairline down to ankles. The winged warrior turned its gaze onto Goodbones and smiled shyly.
“I apologize Jhori Moraes for how I appear. I too am surprised.” The Shemarr looked down at its chest; small breasts traced with the lines of its tattoos, and then lower. “Will this be a problem to my joining the rest of the tribe? I assure you, mother and father had nothing to do with this; I would assume the goddess herself chose this for me.”

Goodbones massaged her forehead and twisted an antenna around one of her fingers. It COULD very well present a problem, but then again, Col-Taros Firemane was initiating better integration of the males with the tribe; giving them more responsibilities and authority. Also, this very well might be a sign from the Goddess after all. Motioning a deep breath and sigh, Goodbones shook her head once firmly.
“No young one; no trouble at all. The Matriarch and I will see to that. So what name do you have for yourself? Your mother was named before she even left her progen womb. How about you; going to continue the trend?”

The intersexed Shemarrian new-born furled hur wings and nodded. If one didn’t know better, one could swear the lines of her tattoos glowed just for a moment with blue-silver fire.
“Yes Jhori Moraes Goodbones. My name is Faith Brightlance.” Shi paused for a moment before continuing, “...and I am only the first to come among you.”

“Do not pity me or lust for me. I am what the Goddess made; a union of the two halves of our race. My purpose is set and my will defined; those beings that would cross the veil to despoil that which we hold dear…the infernal, the deamonic… they are what our kind was born to stand against. Now if you would please stop starring like a pole-axed rhino-buffalo, I think there are some harpies that need to have their wings clipped, neh?”
~ Rayshil Silverblade; Celestial (on the day the Minion War came to Rifts Terra)

A new variant that was originally thought to be a one of a kind aberration, now appearing in small but consistent numbers. The first Celestial was ‘born’ to a human male and the first EctrozShemarrian to be progen-born. The couple engaged in the ritual of progen together as they consummated their relationship physically as well. The result was surprising to say the least. The Shemarrian that exited the progen chamber was of the Berserker type with the hair and “attributes” (albeit smaller than average to the Shemarr) of a female, but had bio-mechanical angel-wings (with micro AG coils in the spine, feet and shoulders), and the tattoos of a male-pattern Shemarr. On later inspection it was revealed that the angel-type was very much like how angels manifest… it was hermaphroditic.
Though uncommon, these “two-sparked” EctrozShemarrians do spontaneously appear, and for some reason only within the Hawkmoon tribe. Exhibiting “natural born” magitech enhancements, and an instinctual knack for daemon fighting, the Celestials are one of the elite, unique members of the Eyries.

Some Spinsters and Psi-shamenesses theorize that the Celestials may be similar in nature to the ‘Athanos’ / Angel-touched that appear from time to time among the humans. Whether this is true has yet to be proven or disproven.

In terms of game stats; they closely follow the Berserker caste body type with the inclusion of the male-Shemarrian tattoos and ‘other’ attributes, along with their E.C.M. gear. Further, the robotic wings acts like micro-jet assisted systems but use the internal antigravity coils instead of actual thruster ports; yes it can be used in Zero-G & vacuum.
“Natural” TW systems include (all at 6th. Level power equivalent):
*Light-blade generators in the hands / forearms (creates the spell effect as opposed to an actual physical hilt device)
*Protection Circle; Superior. The circle is actually within the tattoos inscribed over the Celestials body.
* Sense Evil, See aura, and See the invisible (part of the ‘normal’ robotic optics).
*PPE battery; 120 PPE and regenerates 5 PPE per hour at full activity, 10 per hour at rest. Double the rate on ley-lines and triple on nexus points.

As for skill set, the Celestials are effectively Cyberknights for skills, only their combat skills remain the same as Berserker caste except they can use long ranged weapons (at reduced proficiency). All appropriate skills (besides martial arts & melee weapons) start at level 1. Why this is, has yet to be determined, as it goes against what is known so far about the Progen process. Again, it is postulated that this is to allow the Celestials to ‘learn’ as mortals and to appreciate life as they experience it, as opposed to coming into the world blade in hand and snarl on lips.
Last edited by DhAkael on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Wow. After that last binge, your Muse cleaned up NICE!
Taking the (WIP) off the Codex listing for the Celestial Elite. :D

Maybe I should start adding an 'Opposition Forces' or 'ARCHIE-3 Loyalist Units' category for Nik-Leonard's material?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Wow. After that last binge, your Muse cleaned up NICE!

Maybe I should start adding an 'Opposition Forces' or 'ARCHIE-3 Loyalist Units' category for Nik-Leonard's material?

gotta give the Pervo & the Toaster some back-up too, otherwise the E.S. will take their lunch-money ;)

And yeah I know I didn't post hard-stats on the gyrls, but I figure it's all 'as-read' :D
Anyone wants "teh numboors" they can buy the dang book(s) themselves ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Wow. After that last binge, your Muse cleaned up NICE!

gotta give the Pervo & the Toaster some back-up too, otherwise the E.S. will take their lunch-money ;)

And yeah I know I didn't post hard-stats on the gyrls, but I figure it's all 'as-read' :D
Anyone wants "teh numboors" they can buy the dang book(s) themselves ;)

Will do, then, since Nik's delivering hard stats for the Toaster gear.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Oh yeah...this means war. Shemarrian Civil War. :D :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Tylax the mink; "Oh, it is ONNNNNN!!!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Updated the Codex...am debating whether or not to repeat the canon classes under the Loyalist units(with added model numbers) or revise entirely, as given the way the SCW converts and destroys, 'loyalist units' often become 'rebel' or even 'independent' units. Though I expect the Demi-Shemarrians to be less easily convinced to change sides or even opt out entirely. :D :P

EShemar: "We're going to need a policy on prisoners of war. And more handcuffs."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-poink- *bump*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

<YOWTCH!>
"Archie, what's wrong?! What just happened?!"
<Why those treacherous, traitorous, honorless ^*(%@!!!>
"Arch, out with it! What just happened?!"
<This changes everything, Hagan. Those rebel Shemarrians->
"Yes?"
<Just gave me a telepathic wedgie through one of my avatar-Shemarrians! Ouwww...>
"..."
<Damn, but that SMARTS!>
"Archie?"
<Yes, Hagan?>
"How is that technically possible? Neither our Shemarrians nor you WEAR underwear to be wedgied."
<Well, it's because...er...ah...how do I put this...it's...no, that's not a good analogy...uhm...>
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

nik_leonard wrote:I have done some editing and corrections to some of my posts. Mainly clarifications and grammar issues. (My bad english is the one to blame).
I'm still thinking if I do the full stats of Ark, but due to the nature of the "Machine Goddess", I think that "her" weapon systems and features will change a lot from one appeareance to another. Maybe writing some of "her" main options?

:ok: Got to start somewhere.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

nik_leonard wrote:I put some additional detail about the Sky Sweeper Caste. They use the hair long, and tied in a braid, but the braid is really for hiding a third, thin antenna, that in the tip have the Hyperlink connector. That's the true nature of the "Gift of the Sky", and, ARCHIE got the idea from a movie... Guess what movie.

LOL! Yeah... it figures :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-18 Tuin War Mount
“*Sigh*There’s not really much honor and glory in pulverizing our enemies from out of direct line of sight, is there?”
“We’re not fighting honorable enemies here, sister, we’re fighting Splugorth! That’s exterminating VERMIN!”

The Eshemar HorrorWoods Tribe apparently got the idea for this Warmount after seeing examples of the Darkwaters Tribe’s EcoS-K-8 Ironback appear in southern seaboard waters in support of the Horrorwoods’ campaigns to expel the Splugorth from the region. Though the Darkwaters had claimed almost all available battlefield-captured/scavenged Kittani War Crabs for the basis of their early Ironbacks, the Horrorwoods had just begun to operate their first Assembler Forges, and so could begin wholly new construction of similar hardware, based on specs acquired from the Darkwaters. The result would be a new second generation heavy Warmount in the service of the Horrorwoods. Though work began fairly early on the design, the Tuin would not be officially identified until much later, in part due to the type’s extensive use of indirect fire weaponry, that allowed the design to go largely unseen for decades.
The K-18 resembles a massive land turtle, or a bionic cross between a Giant Hunter Turtle(see Rifts Dinosaur Swamp 2) and a prehistoric armadillo. It sports six legs, making for a very stable firing platform, but also means that the Warmount isn’t as capable of the sort of high speed that smaller quadraped Warmounts are capable of dashing at. The Tuin is somewhat taller and heavier-built than its Ironback cousin, with better speed on land, though slower in water. Relatively slow and ponderous, but heavily armored, the Tuin has been compared to a military tank, which is EXACTLY what it is to the Shemarrians.
When deployed for combat, the upper shell splits open, plates folding back, and the central section of hull-shell rises up to become a heavy rotating weapons turret, manned by a gunner taking a seat at the back of the weapon. Though this turret can mount some fairly impressive and destructive weaponry, the Horrorwoods, in keeping with their ecology-friendly philosophy, favor a number of advanced ‘smart’ weapons of surprising sophistication and destructiveness, such as ‘hornet guns’ and ‘smart mortars’. Other weapons selections include a variety of rapid-fire projectile guns and direct fire energy weapons. For closer defense, the Tuin mounts a pair of pulse lasers in its head, snapping jaws, and a wrecking ball tail. Of course, the giant warmount can also carry a number of passengers, who will typically dismount to use their own weapons to defend the artillery carrier.
The Horrorwoods deploy the Tuin like a self-propelled gun, using it to rain supporting fire down on their enemies. The Warmount saw its first major use in the Shemarrian Civil War, being used in numbers to lay siege to and reduce an encampment of Loyalist Horrorwoods and the Dark One outpost they were defending.
The Tuin has thus far remained exclusive to the Horrorwoods, although the reformed Skullcrushers, once they learned of the artillery-packing warmount, petitioned the Horrorwoods Tribe for the design(terms of such an offered deal remain unknown). It is possible that Tuin was part of the inspiration for the Skullcrushers’ later Buthydid heavy warmount, another six-legged and tailed design that carries considerable firepower.

Type: EcoS-K-18 Tuin
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, a gunner, and room for 1-6 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 880
Head 360
Head Lasers(2) 70 each
Legs(6) 180 each
Dorsal Turret(1) 300
Tail(1) 150
Height: 13 ft
Width: 16 ft
Length: 20 ft; tail adds an additional 15 ft.
Weight: 32 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible to fly, though it functions perfectly fine in conditions of vacuum/weightlessness
(Underwater) Limited to running along the bottom at 6 MPH. Maximum depth of 5,000 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters/Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Tuin have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1)Head Lasers(2)---Two pulse lasers are mounted next to the Tuin’s eyes, giving the impression of a second set of eyes.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+4 MD per rapid-fire burst, 2d6x10+8 MD for both lasers firing simultaneusly
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Heavy Dorsal Weapon Turret---The main armament of the Tuin is mounted in this large centrally-located turret on the back of the Warmount. Normally stowed semi-recessed in the back when not in use, the main gun is cleared for action by the sliding of armored plates along its sides and the turret being raised on hydraulics to reveal the weapon and allow it full field of fire(360 degrees rotation). The weapon is normally operated by a gunner slotted into a station at the back of the turret. The turret can hold one of the following weapons configurations:
a) Hornet Gun---(Aka ‘Hive Gun’) This surprisingly advanced weapon seems to be based on the Northern Gun NMX-18 Stinger Anti-Flyer Mine(see Rifts Merc Ops, pg. 97-98), in that it fires projectiles that are almost exactly identical to the robotic Stinger flyer-warheads released by that weapon. The Shemarrian projectiles, however, have slightly better range and endurance, can be deployed against ground targets as well, and are deployed from a large six-barrel gatling-style launcher.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: Each Hornet does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Bursts of 1-12 Hornets
Payload: 400 Hornet missiles in the magazine

b)81mm Automatic Mortar System---A breech-loading mortar system firing high-trajectory shells apparently based on the pre-Rifts ‘Merlin’ mortar system.
Range: 16,000 ft.
Damage: (Fragmentation) 2d6 MD to 20 ft radius
(High Explosive) 4d6 MD to 6 ft radius
(Plasma) 6d6 MD to 12 ft radius
(Smoke) Covers a 20 ft area
Rate of Fire: 4 rds a melee round.
Payload: 100 rds in the magazine
Bonuses: +3 to strike

c)‘Goddess Hammer’ Gatling Cannon---This weapon consists of six rail gun barrels(adapted from the Shemarrian ‘carbine’) in a gatling arrangement, set for rapid-fire, trading range for sheer volume of fire. At full auto, the damage spread of this weapon is devastating and has been known to shred robot vehicles and smash down fortifications in a single melee! The devastation the ‘Goddess Hammer’ can dish out is matched only by the thundering racket it makes spitting out rounds. This weapon was originally developed by the Wolf’s Path Tribe, but has since begun appearing in other Tribes as the result of trade.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per round, 4d6x10 MD for a three shot burst, 8d6MDx10 for a six shot burst(!)
Payload: 820 shot drum

d) Twin Boom Gun---Two RG-14 ‘Boom Guns’ on a tandem mount. The mass of the Tuin is enough that it requires no special bracing to handle the recoil of these weapons.
Range: 11,000 ft
Damage: 3d6x10 MD single shot, 6d6x10 MD per simultaneous dual shot
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: 1,000 rds per gun

e) 200 mm Autocannon---It’s a big MBT gun, with faster autoloading.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage:High Explosive(HE): 2d6x10 MD to 30 ft blast radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT): 3d6x10 MD to 12 ft blast radius
Armor Piercing(AP) 1d6x10 MD, no blast radius
APSD: 2d6x10 MD, no blast radius
Rate of Fire:Three times per melee
Payload: 80 rds

f)Twin 40mmAutocannon---Dual-mounted 40mm rapid-fire guns(‘pom-poms’).
Range:(High Velocity Round)5,000 yards(15,000 ft)
Maximum AA altitude w/ HV shells: 13,300 ft
(Low Velocity Round) 3,800 yards(11,400 ft)
Damage:(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 6 ft blast radius
(High Explosive) (HV) 1d4x10+3 MD to 1.5 ft blast radius
(LV)1d4x10 MD to 1.5 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: 120 r Qounds per minute(or up to 30 rds per melee)
Payload: Box magazine of 200 rounds per gun.

g)Twin Tri-Laser---Adapted from the Glitterboy No. 7 of South America, the plans of which were supposedly given to the EShemar by sympathetic trade partners. Two tri-lasers are mounted on a tandem mount.
Range: 8,000 ft
Damage:2d4x10 MD per blast, 4d4x10 MD per simultaneous dual shot
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

h) H-Ion Cannon---New Navy-derived heavy ion weapon.
Damage: 3d4x10 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: 4 times per melee
Payload: Effectively unlimited

i) Heavy Particle Beam Cannon
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee
Payload: Effectively unlimited

j) 30mm Quad-Cannon--4 30mm cannon in an anti-aircraft mounting. It is also capable of engaging ground targets. Tends to burn through its ammunition supply fairly quickly, though, requiring frequent re-supply.
Range:10,000 ft
Damage:4d6 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD two rd burst, 3d6x10 MD six-round burst per SINGLE gun firing. All four guns going at maximum rate of fire simultaneousy do a whopping 3d6x40 MD!
Rate of Fire:EPCHH
Payload:1,600 rds, 400 rds per cannon
Bonuses:Independent laser and radar tracking system(range: 11,000 ft). +1 strike set on automatic against aerial attack, +2 strike fired by gunner

k) Heavy Plasma Cannon/Light Plasma Torpedo Launcher--- Found among the Star Nation Horrorwoods, this configuration mounts a dual mode plasma cannon that can also fire a lomher ranged plasma bolt.
Range: (Plasma Blast) 5,000 ft
(Plasma Torpedo) 6 miles in atmosphere, 40 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 40 miles in atmosphere, 4,000 miles in space)
Damage:(Plasma Blast) 2d4x10 MD per blast, and can also fire a ‘scattershot’ that does 1d4x10 MD to a 15 ft wide area.
(Plasma Torpedo) 1d4x100 MD to a 50 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: (Plasma Blast) EGCHH
(Plasma Torpedo)Single shot. Once per melee

3) Tail Mace---The fifteen foot-long tail ends in a heavy wrecking ball-mace for serious blunt force trauma and dissuading those who would attempt to sneak up on the Tuin from behind. Furthermore, taking a cue from Gargoyle weapons in Europe, the mace end can be energized to deliver a stunning electrical blow, able to temporarily knock out electronics and stun even megadamage constitutions.
Range: Melee(15 ft)
Damage: (Unenergized) 6d6 MD
(Energized) Double damage to creatures vulnerable to electricity. Victims must save at 16 or better, or lose initiative, 1 APM, and be -2 to strike, parry, and dodge for the rest of the melee.
Characters in power armor and environmental armor suffer damage, but not stun damage.
01-40% chance of targeting, radar, and communications systems being knocked out for 1d4 melees.
Vehicles only take damage.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
The Tuin has the same base programming as the standard Monstrex.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Tuin intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +1
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +2 (w/ tail)
Roll +3
Bite 4d6 MD
Head Butt/Ram 2d4 MD
Tail Strike 6d6 MD
Tail Sweep 4d6 MD, plus 50% chance of bowling over targets(lose 1 APM and initiative getting back up).
Stomp 5d6 MD
Kick 4d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 3d6

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Tuin an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Tuin has the disposition of a well-trained bulldog; ponderous and commanding when at rest, aggressive and fierce when called to combat. The Tuin will eagerly wade into a battle zone when urged, stomping targets and hungrily chomping down enemies, but can be incredibly patient while its riders demolish an opponent with long range fire.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"Gamera....AAAAAA-TACK!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:"Gamera....AAAAAA-TACK!"

That's the Stone Eater...but yeah, I can see some Ghost Rider observer shouting that... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:[ARCHIE 3 is a fan of James Cameron's movies. He modelled Argent Goodson in the image of Leonardo DiCaprio after seeing Titanic...(Obscure Rifter's 4 Archie V/S the world reference, removed from the Aftermatch's reprint, mentioning that Argent's image was modelled in the image of the "Probably from italian descent" actor from a disaster movie very popular at that time, and the rifter 4 was released in 1997-1998).

Which is really amusing and ironic, because the Titanic can be seen as a message of how NOT to rely too much on supposed high-tech. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:[And we are not even mentioning Terminator...

Trust me; if ARCHIE-3 ever produced a 'Governator', every rogue scholar on the continent would go ape.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(With apologies to nik_leonard for running off/around with his ‘ARK’ idea. Credit also to Damon Sutton, Erin Lindsey, Mark Sumimoto and Josh Sinsapaugh).

Ava---Goddess Avatar(?)
(aka ‘Ava Seiran’)

<I don’t foul up like this. I’m not SUPPOSED to foul up like this. I CAN’T foul up like this. Somebody had to have done this to me, Hagan, and I mean to fix the blame on that somebody.>
“We all have our bad days, ARCHIE.”
<Not like this. According to reports, I’ve accidentally unleashed a force of insufferable GOODNESS on the land.>

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img214.jpg

Ava is the self-designation name of an escaped ARCHIE-3 avatar prototype and test article for his ‘ARK’ scheme.
When ARCHIE-3 decided to proceed with his plans to create a giant ‘Goddess’ avatar, or ARK, he experimented with several smaller test articles, trying out various new technologies and concepts to see how they performed in the real world, and what could be adapted for use in his giant avatar.
ARCHIE-3 and Hagan’s test subject was a Sister of the Hearth, a fairly harmless school of culinary magic that seemed harmless enough for Archie’s experiments, though not interesting enough to incorporate into A3’s AHES program(see Damon Sutton’s article, “A.R.C.H.I.E. Phase 2” in Rifter #53 for details)(and it’s not as if ARCHIE-3 would trust a mage, even a ‘pet’ one, to prepare Hagan’s meals, given his distrust of magic after the Mechanoid incident). A3’s robots had captured the young woman while she was wandering too close to one of his facilities while hunting mushrooms and other delectables in the wilderness. After torturing the woman with his experiments, A3 finally decided to dispose of her by using her to test his new mind transference system. The fact that the test subject was both magic and psychic was a bonus, as it would give A3 the opportunity to study the effects the process would have on either.
A3 figured that the woman was a harmless peasant with a few freakish talents, who could be easily intimidated and controlled if the transfer was successful; so he was extremely surprised when the prototype Ark-001b promptly escaped the test lab/compound where it was being held, blasting, kicking and punching her way through the walls of the test center, cracking several security robots like shellfish, and escaping into the wilds. Apparently the transferred persona acclimated more quickly than Archie-3 had anticipated, and was able to take full control of the prototype body despite several(wholly inadequate, A3 chargrinedly admitted to Hagan later) safeguards. Furthermore, when A3 tried to project his consciousness to take control of the Ark-001b, he found himself shut out by the transferred consciousness, and even his efforts to remotely activate the prototype’s tracking and telemetry(and finally self-destruct) systems cut off! In short order the Ark-001b had become effectively invisible to its creator, and completely slipped its leash.
Archie-3 now regrets not having installed better safeguards, or at least not testing the Ark-001b with a regular drone robot intelligence installed first BEFORE trying his experiment with the transferred intelligence. Next time he’ll consult Hagan on security procedure FIRST. However, A3 is also looking at whether there were other factors in the Ark-Proto’s successful escape; perhaps the woman possessed some unsuspected talent, or maybe the process, in combination with the test subject’s psionic abilities and seemingly harmless magic managed to circumvent the safeguards, or maybe even the accursed Republicans had messed up A3’s cognitive functions and caution somehow!
While A-3 frets and fumes over this issue, he has had what robots he can spare scouring the wilderness for the escaped prototype.

On occasion, A3 has managed to catch glimpses of the escaped Ark-001b, especially through the eyes of various Spinsters and Pariah units the Ark-001b has come across(and greeted like old sorority sisters), but has been unable to lure the prototype into a trap or otherwise capture it. Something has always come up to allow the Ark-001b to slip the noose set for it; a monster attacks, a nearby disaster calls the prototype’s attention, or meddling adventurer types trip the ambush.

The Ark-001b is a humanoid-frame robot body configured along much the same lines as the War Goddess, only slightly larger, and featuring four arms. In most regards, the Ark-001b is a super-tuned-up War Goddess, with slight increases in strength, speed, and performance. At the time, A3 was toying with the idea of a more regular Shemarrian-scale avatar with magic emulation in mind(refer to Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter #53 for details on A3’s experiments in Spell Approximation) to project the idea of divinity and great power, using special effects to enhance the mecha-puppet’s ‘charisma’. This precluded loading the test-unit down with heavy weaponry, and at the time of its escape, the Ark-001b is wasn’t even fitted with body armor or accessory weaponry. This is not to say that the Ark-001b is lacking in firepower; A3 saw fit to include a fair amount of built-in weaponry, including new particle beam cannons in the arms, eye lasers, and vibroblades. The Ark-001b also has an experimental flight system based on Mechanoid A-G systems, an up-rated electronic warfare suite, and an equally experimental compact forcefield system copied from Naruni systems. A bionic repair system could repair minor cosmetic damage and affect light repairs.
The transferred intelligence had both magic and psionic abilities, but has lost her spell-casting abilities(and most of her PPE reserves) and her psionic abilities have been severely curtailed. However, the residual PPE and ISP that remain help the illusion that the Ark-001b is truly alive, and not an advanced android. This last fact would please ARCHIE-3 immensely were it not for the fact of the prototype’s escape!

Ava, as she calls herself, has little memory of who she was before ARCHIE-3 got ahold of her. What she DOES remember is in the way of vague recollections, dreamlike impressions, and gut feelings. Nor does she remember details of her imprisonment and the testing she suffered at the mad A.I.’s ‘hands’ aside from uncharacteristic feelings of intense dislike and fear. Thus she cannot recall or describe any details of ARCHIE-3’s test compound or the forces arrayed there(A3 doesn’t know this, but has had the facility evacuated and destroyed as a precaution). Ava knows that some dark presence is stalking her, and she’s spotted the signs of it acting through those she considers sisters, but she can’t put a name to this darkness, only that it exists.
Though she’s forgotten exactly who she is, somehow Ava has mixed up her original mission and gotten it confused with Archie-3’s harping on to his captive audience about how her ‘sacrifice’ would help him perfect his ‘goddess’(puppet). Ava now thinks she is a divine messenger, an avatar of some goddess, come to Rifts Earth to spread goodwill and do what she can to alleviate the suffering of the downtrodden and oppressed.

Ava is currently content to wander the countryside, helping the innocent and the poor, performing the odd miracle here and there, spreading hope and happiness where she can. On more than one occasion she’s used her new abilities to slay monsters threatening some out of the way hamlet, then used her strength and vibroclaws to butcher the carcass, then cook up a feast for the villagers. She typically wanders into a village and stays for a few days, depending on what the local conditions are like, helping out where she can, and preaching a gospel of goodness, good service, and the ‘goddess’, before wandering back into the wilderness. Though she hasn’t named the Goddess she supposedly is avatar of, that worthy has been variously identified in the minds of those she preaches to as the Goddess Shemar, Ark, Isis, Amateratsu, Hestia, or any one of several other benign goddesses of the hearth, depending on who one asks. A few of the backwoods villagers have even assumed that Ava is the avatar of the Goddess Ava, setting the ground work for a cult. Already, Ava has acquired a small, but growing, following of helpers who maintain temples(of a sort) in the villages she has helped out, and a small number of the hardier adherents have taken to following her around(about 2d6 at any one time). Recently, one of her followers gave her an additional name; ‘Seiran’, from the pre-Rifts Japanese world for ‘mountain mist’. Ava has taken a shine to the nickname and started using that as her surname.

Though Ava is a pacifist who avoids confrontation and combat for the most part, she CAN readily access the combat programming of the Shemarrian robot portion of herself, as a sort of ‘alternate personality’(her followers simply regard the manifestations of such as part of the dichotomy/dualism of nurturer/destroyer and mother-defender), though she is NOT able to perform all the skills of a regular Shemarrian android through some quirk of the transfer process. However, she will discover that she has the ability to operate computers at a high level of proficiency, spot ambushes, and instinctively knows a number of other useful skills. She also finds that she ‘instinctively’ knows how to use Shemarrian weapons, and has a working knowledge of the use of a variety of weapons, though she is most comfortable in the use of knives, especially kitchen types.

In the end, Archie-3 would abandon subtlety and go with big, bad, and intimidating for the ARK, but the escape of the Ark-001b still galls him, as he can’t figure out how he underestimated the transferred persona’s defiance, nor can he account for the incredible luck the prototype has had in avoiding his efforts to recover it. He just can’t explain it. It’s almost as if somebody was helping his prototype escape him and laughing at the A.I. god in the process.

Meanwhile, the Shemarrian dissidents have been hearing rumors of a four-armed, winged, and glowing ‘goddess’ with Shemarrian features and are wondering what the true story is. Currently the Shemarrian Civil War is taking up most of their efforts, but when they can, they’ll send a dedicated team to track down this ‘goddess’. Their previous efforts have proven fruitless, Ava slipping beyond their reach as elusively as she evades ARCHIE-3’s hunters, though the rebels have managed to bag a Pariah or Spinster or two left stunned in the wake of Ava’s happy greetings.
Frankly, the Shemarrian rebels would LOVE to recruit someone like Ava to their cause, once they figure out she isn’t some dastardly trick of the Dark One. Though they’ll be rather disappointed that Ava can’t provide them with hard intel on ARCHIE-3’s facilities, plans, or locations. Some of Ava’s abilities, on the other hand, should be worrying to the senior rebels, as it suggests that the Dark One has more unpleasant surprises in store for them.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img213.jpg
(Ava shown with a Bloodrider NeShemar Berserker, Pariah/Reclaimed, and two GNE soldiers)

Level of Experience: Experimental Transferred Intelligence Gynoid(WAS a 5th Level High Cook--See Rifts #32; Erin Lindsey’s article “Mega-Steel Chef”).
Rank: Could be considered a Shemarrian Elite; she believes herself to be the avatar or fragment-essence of a Goddess.
Race: Transferred Intelligence
Alignment: Principled
Land of Origin: Unknown
Sex: Female
Height: 12 ft
Weight: 2,200 lbs
Physical Description/Appearance:
A tall, statuesque, incredibly(some would say ‘radiantly’) beautiful humanoid female with long gold-blonde hair with metallic highlights, and fair, golden skin. She has four arms, one just below the other pair on the sides of the ribcage. Ava could be mistaken for a very beautiful female Rahuman(indeed, for quite a while she WAS mistaken for a Rahu(wo)man, rather than a Shemarrian), but for the traces of circuitry along her body and limbs, the four antennae emerging from her hair, and the folded set of metallically-feathered wings on her back(in flight, these wings glow and leave a brief sparkling ionization trail). Folded, the wings can be mistaken for a metallic cowl or cloak. She also has small jewel-like implants on her breast bone/chest, shoulders, and forearms. With her holo-projectors on, she seems to radiate a soft glow, that can be intensified to blinding intensity. When performing ‘spells’, glowing ‘tattoos’ can be seen to course across her exposed skin, including the Shemarrian pentacle on her face. Seems to always have a smile on her lips.

Disposition:
One thing that has survived A3’s torture is Ava’s effervescent personality. Far from being arrogant as a self-proclaimed divinity(or avatar of one) Ava presents herself as a living example of courtesy, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Ava has a smile that lights up a room, literally if she’s got the holo-projectors going. She wants to help out others, alleviate their suffering, and spread good will through her efforts. She is good-natured, almost always smiling, and friendly to just about anybody or anything she comes across. She treats the beautiful, the ugly, the human, the d-bee, the mundane and the supernatural with equal kindness and courtesy. In times of crisis and disaster, she has a maternal ‘take-charge’ authority in organizing a response, getting people calmed down, and help moving where it should.
However, if endangered, or facing a threat to the innocents under her protection, Ava can fall back upon her ‘dark side’; the Shemarrian combat programming, at which point she seems to become a whole different person; cold, efficient, merciless in her destruction of the enemy. When accessing her Shemarrian-programmed skills she becomes emotionally focused and all business, or else seems to casually perform them almost automatically.
Ava tends to avoid any contact with obvious Shemarrian Warriors, but she readily greets Pariahs and Spinsters like long lost sisters, showering them with affection. She fears and hates the Splugorth and their minions, as well as other known monsters.

Physical Attributes/Superlatives:
IQ: 12
ME: 15
MA: 22
PS: Robotic P.S. of 50
PP: 24
PE: Not applicable
PB: 25
SPD:(Running) 100 MPH
(Leaping) 50 ft up/across standing leap, a running leap in excess of 40 MPH adds 20 ft. A jet assisted leap can be 200 ft up/400 ft across.
(Climbing)
(Flying) Hover to 500 MPH, maximum altitude of 20,000 ft. However, this system draws a lot of power, and Ava can only maintain flight for 1 hour before needing 2 hours to cool down and recharge.
(Underwater) Can swim via thrusters at 60 MPH. Maximum depth tolerance is 4,000 ft.

Powerplant: Advanced Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life

(ISP): 56 ( was 62)
(PPE): 25 (was 134)

Hit Points:-----
SDC:-----
MDC:
Main Body 500 (plus robes add an additional 75 MDC)
Head 160
Antennae(4) 25 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders(4) 150 each
Forearms(4) 100 each
Hands(4) 25 each
Legs(2) 270 each
Wings(2) 150 each
Forcefield 160

Special Abilities/Characteristics/Powers:

All standard Shemarrian(War Goddess) systems, plus:

-Modulating Voice Box---Ava rarely uses this to do anything other than amplify her voice, or modulate it for singing.

-Holo-Projection System----This is a laser-based optical projection system that Archie-3 thought could be used to enhance the aura of divinity, based on what he’d read of angels and other divine beings in literature. Normally it creates a soft hazy glow around Ava, able to illuminate an area up to 70 ft in radius, but it can be intensified in brightness to blinding levels(those without proper eye protection will be -3 to strike Ava, -5 using targeting/optical scopes, and -2 to parry her attacks). It can be ramped up in intensity high enough to blind laser-guided weapons systems(-10 to strike).
The system can also produce multiple images of Ava, up to five, in a 15 ft wide area around her. Ava can maintain these illusions for up to 5 minutes at a time, before needing to temporarily drop the illusion for a melee to let the system reset.
This system can also produce UV radiation that can be used to sterilize materials(though close and prolonged exposure can do retinal damage to eyes and increases the risk of skin cancer); Ava has used this aspect in her humanitarian work, to sterilize instruments, foodstuffs, and water.

-EW Jammer---Another experimental system that allows Ava to distort and jam EM signals in her immediate vicinity. Based on the ‘black box’ systems in the Male Shemarrians, but effectively automated, so Ava can use it reflexively. She’s unconsciously used this system on several occasions to block out the radio transmissions of Spinsters and Pariahs she’s approached up close and gotten acquainted with. The system is somewhat more powerful than the one installed in the Male Shemarrians; 75% chance of blocking enemy communications, and enemy missiles are -5 to strike(or, by concentrating, Ava can cause one or two missiles within a 3,000 ft range to veer off to another target within range or be -7 to strike altogether).

-Forcefield Generator---Experimental shield system, based on Naruni technology(actually it IS an N-F50A that ARCHIE-3’s agents were able to acquire). 160 MDC and can be maintained for six hours before needing an hour to recharge.

-Nanotech Repair System---Not as sophisticated as those being installed on the EShemar, but still very advanced(for ARCHIE-3). These systems can repair 50 MDC per application. Ava can use this system up to 30 times before needing to have the nanites restocked(the commercially available MiRR/CNRRS nanites can be used to replace/restock this system). Note that the system can only repair main body/limb external damage, but cannot replace specialized or larger structures like fingers, entire limbs, eyes, antennae, or weapons systems.
The one time Ava needed more substantial repairs, she was able to coerce a Spinster to repair her, while subconsciously cutting the repair Shemarrian off from alerting ARCHIE-3 or receiving instructions from him.

Weapons Systems:
1) Arm Lasers(2)---Ava’s upper arms retain the forearm lasers of the regular warriors. Just point and shoot. When firing, Ava’s arms light up with glowing ‘tattoos’ to suggest that the weapons discharges are possibly magic at work.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast

2) Arm Particle Beam Cannons(2)---Ava’s lower set of arms features implanted particle beam projectors, patterned after those found on the Mechanoids. When firing, Ava’s arms light up with glowing ‘tattoos’ to suggest that the weapons discharges are possibly magic at work.
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per single blast

3) Finger Claws--- Ava’s hands feature retractable vibroblades
Range: Melee
Damage: +3d6 MD to punches

4) Eye Lasers(2)----Identical to the ’Burning Eyes of Justice’ possessed by the War Goddesses.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 1d8 MD per single blast, 2d8 MD for a double simultaneous blast
Bonuses: +2 to strike

5) Chemical Sprayer System---Not a weapon system per se, ARCHIE-3 included this chemical dispenser system after reading about the effects of pheromones as biological persuasion agents, and thought that it would be a nifty idea to include something like them into his ‘goddess’. The plan sort of fell flat when ARCHIE-3 discovered he wasn’t that great a biochemical engineer and his best efforts as a pheromone perfumer tanked(much to Hagan’s amusement when he wasn’t complaining about the smell).
Ava’s found out how to recharge the system on her own, using natural perfumes she’s made from various plant oils and flower pressings, giving her a floral aromatic aura.
Range: 30 ft
Damage: None, but could conceivably be used to dispense CS, sedative, and other aerosol agents.

6) Spell Emulation((refer to Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter #53 for details on A3’s experiments in Spell Approximation)----Ava can simulate a number of spell effects, just as some of her built-in energy weaponry is disguised as energy spells(via hand movements, intonations, and the holographic system projecting brief floating images of mystic symbols). Besides her weaponry, aura, and forcefield, she can also do the following:
-Wind Blast/Rush---A bit more powerful than that described in Rifter #53; Ava can use directed thrust from her wing jets to kick up dust and debris, and knock over people up to 60 ft away. Human-sized peoples must make a roll of 18 -20 to avoid being knocked off their feet.

-Thunderclap---Actually merely a high-volume broadcast from Ava’s vocal system. It has a 0 ft effective range, and victims must save versus a Horror Factor 8. It also affords Ava a +5 on initiative, +1 to strike, parry, and dodge against startled opponents.

-Befuddle---Another sonic effect, this time caused by ultra low frequency noises that effect the inner ear of most beings. Those caught in the area of effect must save vs non-lethal poison(16 or better) or be come increasingly dizzy and disoriented; -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, HALF APMs, and -15% to skills. Beings with acute hearing suffer DOUBLE these penalties. Range is 80 ft. Those with hearing protection(or without audio hearing) are unaffected.

-Energy Disruption---By touching a machine, power armor, or robot, Ava can temporarily disrupt its power systems; in reality it’s a more powerful, but more localized, version of the EMP system in the War Goddesses. Effects: Placed in contact with a robot or cyborg, the powerful localized EM field results (in 1d4 melees) in the affected mechanism losing initiative, and being -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and reduce speed by 75%(HALF penalties, regular initiative, and reduce speed by 25% if the target is hardened against EMP). Movements will be jerky and halting. Unprotected electronic storage media, like magnetic tapes, discs, and hard drives, will be damaged, likely wiped.

Magic:
Ava’s original knowledge of magic, and ability to use it, has apparently been lost to the ravages of A3’s experimentation/torture, and the mind-transferrance.

Psionics:
Pre-A3, Ava was a MAJOR psychic, but now only possesses half of her old powers(and those are of half range and half duration):
- Sixth Sense(2) (45 ft area)
- Sense Evil(2)(70 ft area, 5 minutes)
- Healing Touch(6)(1d8/2d4 Hit Points or 2d6 SDC)

Skills:
Math: Basic(+10%) 98%
Cook(+20%) 80%(Professional quality)
-Defuse Magical Energy(+10%)
Lore-Magic(+10%) 60%
Lore: Demons and Monsters(+10%) 45%
Identify Plants and Fruits(+15%) 65%
Holistic Medicine(+15%) 60%
Skin and Prepare Animal Hides 55%
Sewing (+15%) 80%
Wilderness Survival 60%
Brewing(+15%) 65%/70%
Sing(+15%) 75%
Paramedic (+10%) 75%
Gardening(+15%) 75%
Housekeeping 75%
Chemistry 55%
Leather Working 75%
Preserve Foodstuffs 50%
W.P. Knife (9th level proficiency)(+3 to strike, +4 parry, +4 to strike with throw)

(Shemarrian Combat Skill Programming)(all W.P.s at 8th level proficiency)
W.P. Energy Pistol
W.P. Energy Rifle
W.P. Heavy MD Weapons
W.P. Heavy Military Weapons
W.P. Rifles
W.P. Handguns
W.P. Sword
W.P. Blunt

Prowl 75%
Climbing 98%/90%
Swimming 94%
Radio: Basic 98%
Electronic Countermeasures 97%
Computer Operation 98%
Computer Hacking 70%
Computer Programming 90%
Detect Ambush 65%
Detect Concealment 60%
Imitate Voices and Sounds 83% (Ava typically uses this skill/ability to amuse herself and others by imitating various animals)

Language/Literacy:
English-American at 98%/98%
Dragonese at 98%/ 65%(Ava actually knew how to read Dragonese before being abducted by A3)
-Can speak and read over 40 different languages at 98%/98% proficiency

Actions/Attacks per Melee: 11
Initiative: +5
Strike: +8
+7 to strike using Shemarrian Rail Guns
+5 to strike using other Shemarrian ranged and melee weapons
Parry: +9
Dodge: +10
Automatic Dodge(using the AG system and thrusters): +7
Roll: +5
Pull Punch:+6
Disarm: +4
Damage:
Critical Strike on a Natural 17-20
Paired Weapons
Restrained SDC Punch 2d6+30 SDC
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Claw Strike 4d6 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 1d6x10 +1d6 MD
Kick 5d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 1d8x10 MD
Karate/Power Kick(2 attacks) 1d8x10+10 MD
Body Block/Leaping Jump Attack 2d6 MD and has a 50% chance of knocking the target(up to 1,500 lbs) off its feet, losing initiative and 2 APMs getting back up.

Saves:
Trust/Intimidate 70%
Vs Magic +4
Vs Psionics +1
Vs Possession +8
Vs Horror Factor +6
Impervious to Bio-Manipulation, Tele-Mechanics, See Aura, and Hit Point-based attacks.
Notable Possessions/Equipment:
Ava escaped before she could receive any sort of specially fitted weapons or body armor, wearing only a jumpsuit-like gown when she fled into the wilds. However, in the course of her wanderings through the wilderness, Ava has managed to scrounge up and sew together enough monster hide skins to create for herself megadamage robes(about 75 MDC). One of her followers has also made her up a suit of protective armor/ceremonial robing with 125 MDC, that she wears on occasion.
Ava has also acquired a collection of knives, cooking utensils, first aid supplies(splints, disinfectants, bandages, surgical thread, etc.), and various ingredients for her cooking and holistic remedies.

Vehicle: None; Ava goes on foot or flies
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

THANK you for my next plot hook sir. :D :ok:
That will do nicely!

Compliments to both you & Nik.

Leaves of the lotus rise

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

to be honest, when i hear ARCHIE and "unleashed a force of insufferable GOODNESS on the land", i think of this
perhaps that was the similarly failed Ark-001a? :twisted:

that story line (starting here) was great, with plenty of funny gags. and it's early in the online run, so not much backstory yet.. not that you need to worry about that until much later when the print comics start getting posted.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:to be honest, when i hear ARCHIE and "unleashed a force of insufferable GOODNESS on the land", i think of this

that story line (starting here) was great, with plenty of funny gags. and it's early in the online run, so not much backstory yet.. not that you need to worry about that until much later when the print comics start getting posted.

Oh dear....there certainly do seem to be similaritities....well, except for the demons looking positively INSULTED... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:to be honest, when i hear ARCHIE and "unleashed a force of insufferable GOODNESS on the land", i think of this

Oh dear....there certainly do seem to be similaritities....well, except for the demons looking positively INSULTED... :D

nah, insulted was earlier when the group come to save the town was a dimwitted warrior, a inept mage, an overly good but oblivious cleric, and a henchman..instead of the army of Angels/Spirits of light they were expecting...

that was just WTH? followed by "close enough for me"
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

“Larry, I got some good news and some bad news...”
“*Sigh*. Hate as I do to go through this, but what’s the good news?”
“The good news is because we’re not Splugorth, so they’re not going to kill us.”
“And the bad?”
#Snap!#
The two prisoners twisted in their bonds as they turned to face the two newcomers. The two Sapphire Cobra Berserkers, clad only in snake-skin bikinis and leather boots, approached their captives, the tall women grinning with evil intent, the cybersnakes in their hands looped like, and as, whips.
“We’re not Splugorth, so they’re not going to kill us.”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Somewhere in the Megaverse:

"Hey Hoyt, where are you going all dressed up?"
"I've got a date with a gal that I have been chatting with for months. She has this big job, most of it's classified, but she wants to restore the reputation of her people, but she's under alot of pressure, so I suggested we go out to get away from work and get to know each other better."
"And the box of ammo?"
"She said she is a fan of exotic ammunition, so I got her a box of self-sharping rounds with cryo-rupture cores."
"Right, well just call me if anything happens. By the way, what is her name?"
"Her name is Night-Sunder, well see ya, Mike."
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Somewhere in the Megaverse:

"Hey Hoyt, where are you going all dressed up?"
"I've got a date with a gal that I have been chatting with for months. She has this big job, most of it's classified, but she wants to restore the reputation of her people, but she's under alot of pressure, so I suggested we go out to get away from work and get to know each other better."
"And the box of ammo?"
"She said she is a fan of exotic ammunition, so I got her a box of self-sharping rounds with cryo-rupture cores."
"Right, well just call me if anything happens. By the way, what is her name?"
"Her name is Night-Sunder, well see ya, Mike."

:lol:
"Only a people with a mindset like the Skullcrushers would consider antimatter ordnance to be a romantic turn-on."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"If you want her to say I do...ask her with a C.A.M. round boquet" :D
C.A.M. = Compressed Anti-Matter :ok: :nuke:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:"If you want her to say I do...ask her with a C.A.M. round boquet" :D
C.A.M. = Compressed Anti-Matter :ok: :nuke:

When young men come a'courting a Shemarrian, especially a Skullcrusher, the neighbors learn to scramble to their bomb shelters.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Oy...that IS scheming and manipulative...Nik, you are a scoundrel, but in a good way. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:
taalismn wrote:Oy...that IS scheming and manipulative...Nik, you are a scoundrel, but in a good way. :D

I'm only trying to think like ARCHIE 3. And that's difficult! He is a supercomputer with I.Q. of 40+, and trying to think like Hagan, and that's difficult too because he is... well, Hagan.
In other news, I'm going to edit Veronica and full stating her, for the sake of having a full "sample" demi-shemarrian and for the showdown between Veronica, Ava, and the Shemarrian Rebels.

"Sister, I've never seen the Skullcrushers so enthusiastic about anything. Are you SURE they're reformed and on our side?"
"They sense imminent Gunpla and Ass-Kicking, with plenty of opportunity for Awesome. THis will be a fight for the ages. And yes, I think they're on our side."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:I ended editing the post and put the full stats of Veronica. I don't know with what thing I will continue, maybe Demi-Shemarrian Vanessa Deathbringer and the new Valkyries?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103576&p=2475603#p2475260

Don't worry...I've got an idea or two in the works so I can go back to building up the rebels with a clear conscience(rubs hands together gleefully). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
nik_leonard wrote:I ended editing the post and put the full stats of Veronica. I don't know with what thing I will continue, maybe Demi-Shemarrian Vanessa Deathbringer and the new Valkyries?

Don't worry...I've got an idea or two in the works so I can go back to building up the rebels with a clear conscience(rubs hands together gleefully). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Waiting until I can get the Civil War back in spotlight in my campaign 'verse before I let my muse out of her bottle again for THIS topic / thread

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Waiting until I can get the Civil War back in spotlight in my campaign 'verse before I let my muse out of her bottle again for THIS topic / thread

Recharge Time?
Recharge Time.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:Ok, in any case, I'm going to think about some new "Vehicle" and caste designs for the toaster, and maybe some additions to the Shemarrian myth and pantheon, but I'm running out of ideas. Need to recharge too.

Face it, when the Shemarrian Civil War is over, the outside world is going to be BOGGLED by the amount of cultural info generated, either intentionally or accidentally, about the Shemarrians(all of them). Making ever getting to the truth about them all that more difficult, if not outright improbable. :D :twisted:
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
nik_leonard wrote:Ok, in any case, I'm going to think about some new "Vehicle" and caste designs for the toaster, and maybe some additions to the Shemarrian myth and pantheon, but I'm running out of ideas. Need to recharge too.

Face it, when the Shemarrian Civil War is over, the outside world is going to be BOGGLED by the amount of cultural info geenrated, eiterh intentionally or accidentally, about the Shemarrians(all of them). Making ever getting to the truth about them all that more difficoult, if not outright improbable. :D :twisted:

Well seeing as how they (despite the machinations of the Maker & Shaper) have created their own "truth".
The TRUTH truth will, as you say, be dang near impossible to sift out. Especially from the irradiated slag-heap of the ARCHIE secure-room once the 'free' Skullcrushers are done with the place.

Ever see a Manchester United fan after a loosing match Vs. Liverpool?
Amplify that ammount of raw agression and destructive potential by about 5000 :nuke: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

InterTribal Soccer matches...because Rugby is the closest thing to actual war...
Played on unimproved fields, over several MILES...
Yowtch. :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Side Note; if my players get their act together, I will be introducing 'Ava' at least through rumours and badly out of focus vid-picts in-game this weekend ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Side Note; if my players get their act together, I will be introducing 'Ava' at least through rumours and badly out of focus vid-picts in-game this weekend ;)

Grand! Let us know how it plays out. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”