Just how powerful is Archie ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Just how powerful is Archie ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

Just how powerful do you guys place Archie considering all his production capabilities (said to be many times higher then the coalition!) and his geo-sat .. and legion's of bots already out in the world .. and his fake company selling his lower production stuff for capital ..

Do you guys think he is one of the richer beings in North America ?

Do you guys think he is capable of taking contol of the entire north american continent ?

What about the WORLD ?

Just where do you guys place Archie ?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Just how powerful is Archie ?

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I view ARCHIE as capable of capable of becoming the prominant power of north america if he could get the motivation to do something. The issue at hand though is the fact that he probably wouldn't feel a need to eliminate the coalition and Atlanits would probably put a stop to anyone making such a power grab. Thats just my opinion.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I view ARCHIE as capable of capable of becoming the prominant power of north america if he could get the motivation to do something. The issue at hand though is the fact that he probably wouldn't feel a need to eliminate the coalition and Atlanits would probably put a stop to anyone making such a power grab. Thats just my opinion.

I'd say that he feels a need to eliminate Atlantis.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Depends on how the Minion War goes i would say.
If Demons set up a powerful kingdom in North America Archie has compition for dominion of North America.

Come on guys its been 5 years already. Let get the rest of the Minion War already ;)
Cannot believe it was 2007 when the first Minion War book was released, wow.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Wow on the 2007 thing... Sure doesn't seem that long.
I think Archie could most definitely conquer North America easily enough but I think he would be quite out of luck with the rest of the world.
One thing that would confuse me on the issue is though, I can't imagine why he would want to conquer anything (other than Atlantis, which he is incapable of).
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I believe the reason the minion war is takin so long is due to Palladium's slow gradual death .. the company appear's to be die'ing the slow death .. and as the books come out later an later .. with more an more real life issues coming between the book release dates an what should have been's .. its only a matter of time in my personal opinion. Not that I am rooting for that .. I hope there is some way to not only stall but reverse it, as if Palladium goes .. so too does my last real pleasure of a hobby ..

Back to Archie .. I personally think no power on north america can singularly handle Archie , and I think it would take a mix of three or more of its most powerful powerblocks to stop him, or 1 atlantis .. After everything he has at his disposal , I'm willing to bet Archie has enough U-creds to literally purchase every single merc outfit in N.A. and keep them on retainer for decades if needs be .. thanks to his production needing zero expenses .. his shipments needing zero expenses .. all his sales are plane flat out profit .. heck the guy even has entire legions of bots .. searching an setting up mini bases around new resources for decades into the future when he is himself running low on resources (literally decades from now tho).

All in all I think Archie could literally cause world war 3 up in North America .. simply by using his profit to buy up all merc units .. and unleashing them on his targets .. and no one would even know who sent them or why .. only that they would be an all merc military and some one with deep pocket's would be the one running the show ..
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Thing is Archie doesn't want to "Take out" the humans.

He very much does want to take out Atlantis.

But he's smart, and realizes he needs to get more info, if he moves too soon, the world becomes aware of him and they might unite against him in fear. So he's playing a balancing act right now.

The thing with Atlantis is.... it's there.. but it's nnot all off the forces at that command. They have enough to hold.. what was it 6 more planets? So anyone taking out Atlantis.... well. That's a tricky one. You'd have to some how take out the Head Splooge, with out him just dimensionally teleporting away, AND you'd have to blow up alllll the things that would allow others to teleport IN to help defend atlantis....

Both those things at the same time....

Then you'd have to take out the entire continent. And all the transient population from the megaverse that's there at any point in any given day.

THAT.... with the stats we have..... is pretty impossible. If the splooge takes anything remotely close to the amount of damage needed to kill him. He'll just leave.... and hitting all the other stuff simultaneously... well.. wow.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Bad Mojo wrote:I really like how archie shadow plays everything. He is probably one of the most powerful power blocks around and nobody even knows he is there! It would be nice to see him (or any other power block) actually DO something with all that power he has at his disposal.

Well, he's getting a start with the Shemarrian Nation.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Bad Mojo wrote:I really like how archie shadow plays everything. He is probably one of the most powerful power blocks around and nobody even knows he is there! It would be nice to see him (or any other power block) actually DO something with all that power he has at his disposal.

Thats the reason I see him very highly hire'ing all the merc's .. from his Titan outfites .. and using them in any military campaign rather then using his actual own resources until absolutely needed and or warrented .. unless he can make a super fast lightning quick military tactical strike using very limited archie bots ..
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

He's not powerful in the brute force kind of sense. Rather, he's kind of like a robot Moriarty with a crap ton of minions running all over the place. I'm surprised Archie hasn't developed small robotic spider pods armed with exploding poison blow darts and have them run around in the burbs and the Chi Town Air Ducts. I mean, think of the possibilities! :shock:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

According to AFTERMATH (I think its in) A3 is the world's leading expert on CS tactics because he sees them as his largest obstacle. If A3 can replace Prosek with a replica then he safely start replacing the cabinet and key military generals and could utilize the Coalition in a way that that no one thought possible. If he is able to do that then it is only a hop skip and a jump before Proseks revolutionary turn around in policy and generosity wins him back Free Qubec and maybe a couple of other world powers to form a new allied nation that focused on their common history rather than their differences. Once this has been achieved and the human livestock are secured its only a matter of time before he has to hoax or provoke a 911 style attack from Atlantis so the humans think they want the war.

Then its just a matter of showing that writhing cyclops Splynncryth who is the really the most intelligent being on Rifts Earth!

Then with the Atlantean economy under A3's control... nothing could stop him!

♪♪♪ My evil plan to save the world,
just you wait til its unfurled!
It'll go down--in historyyyyy!

Its prophetic!
No! Its not pathetic!

I can't believe I made it up myself!
♪♪♪
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I view ARCHIE as capable of capable of becoming the prominant power of north america if he could get the motivation to do something. The issue at hand though is the fact that he probably wouldn't feel a need to eliminate the coalition and Atlanits would probably put a stop to anyone making such a power grab. Thats just my opinion.

I'd say that he feels a need to eliminate Atlantis.

Agreed.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I love you Akashic Soldier. As a stupid little project I've been trying to give everything in Rifts a theme song and it's never even occurred to me to use that one. Archie gets FIF :)

More on topic though, I'd say that Archie could take out any single power on Rifts Earth with the exception of Atlantis or anything overseas. The reason I say overseas is due to the difficulty of waging a war without any sort of base of operation and considering as the seas are a problem to cross especially in large numbers.

If they were all just next door though... everything but Atlantis.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

SkyeFyre wrote:I love you Akashic Soldier. As a stupid little project I've been trying to give everything in Rifts a theme song and it's never even occurred to me to use that one. Archie gets FIF :)

More on topic though, I'd say that Archie could take out any single power on Rifts Earth with the exception of Atlantis or anything overseas. The reason I say overseas is due to the difficulty of waging a war without any sort of base of operation and considering as the seas are a problem to cross especially in large numbers.

The fact you even know who Five Iron Frenzy are means you are added to my list of awesome people too brotha! :)

Keep on rockin'
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SkyeFyre wrote:I love you Akashic Soldier. As a stupid little project I've been trying to give everything in Rifts a theme song and it's never even occurred to me to use that one. Archie gets FIF :)

The fact you even know who Five Iron Frenzy are means you are added to my list of awesome people too brotha! :)

Keep on rockin'

Do I get extra awesome points if I say I'm also a fan of Brave Saint Saturn? :P
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
75 GM Geek Points
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Isn't the main rival of ARCHIE 3 the Post Rift Republicans (on Rifts Earth).????
SkyeFyre
Hero

Kovoston wrote:Isn't the main rival of ARCHIE 3 the Post Rift Republicans (on Rifts Earth).????

Yeah, which to be honest, isn't that much of a rival.
75 GM Geek Points
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

SkyeFyre wrote:
Kovoston wrote:Isn't the main rival of ARCHIE 3 the Post Rift Republicans (on Rifts Earth).????

Yeah, which to be honest, isn't that much of a rival.

But more of a rival than the Post Rift Democrats :x

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

while Archie is powerful, he is limited by his "idea man" aka Hagan
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:while Archie is powerful, he is limited by his "idea man" aka Hagan

Hagan is his in game limit ..

Outside of that .. Archie has no limit .. and is clearly stated out in his books among other's as being one of thee most powerful in north america ..

Return to “Rifts®”