missing nightbane rules

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: missing nightbane rules

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1: I believe if the facade looses limbs they are perm lost. If thery are lost while in their morphius then the term "Not long afterwards" (page 9 NBMB end of the 2nd paragraphe in the "shapes and Masks" section.

2: Usully SN being with a regeneration ability will regen lost limbs, depending on the GM of the moment.(There are no canon rules about this.)

3: I would say "Not long afterwards"
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mad Cow Milk »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:1: I believe if the facade looses limbs they are perm lost. If thery are lost while in their morphius then the term "Not long afterwards" (page 9 NBMB end of the 2nd paragraphe in the "shapes and Masks" section.

2: Usully SN being with a regeneration ability will regen lost limbs, depending on the GM of the moment.(There are no canon rules about this.)

3: I would say "Not long afterwards"

Your regeneration rate does not change between forms. If you look at the layout of when the abilities listed in the R.C.C. this should be a bit more clear.
I know it is listed in one of the books, but I can't recall where, it says the only real way to tell if a person is a nighbane with out magic, a supernatural ability, or them revealing it themselves is their high regeneration rate. Nightbane that stay under the radar have it rather nice. Eternal life and youth, and if they loose anything but their head, they will grow it back.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Even in RDC, it says that the M and f have two different rates. Not that I use the munchkin RDC for NB.
----------------------------------
NB only have SNPS in their morphus.(If you dispute this look at the Damage section, and the Attribute section.)
Since they only have attributes in their Morphus, that is the only form they are SN in.
And the facade attributes are specifically listed as mundane.
Therefore: they don't have any SN attributes while in their facade.
(yes, the facade has NightVision 200' listed, but they senses have been specifically listed separately from the main attributes, and SN senses are not usually counted when considering whether or not the race is SN or mundane. otherwise elves would be listed as the SN just because they can see in absolute darkness.)

While it is not spoon fed to us that the regen. rate only applies to the morphus, it is there as part of the books separating the Morphus's SN attributes from the facade's attributes.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Mad Cow Milk wrote:Your regeneration rate does not change between forms. If you look at the layout of when the abilities listed in the R.C.C. this should be a bit more clear.

Nope. There are two different regeneration rates. Check the Nightbane Q&A (material cut from the NBSG) in Rifter #48.

As far as Nightbane regenerating limbs, I can't remember if we covered that... But I don't think they regrow in the Facade form (in spite of their more rapid healing rate).

Necrophim, I would say, regenerate limbs in the time it would take them to regen 10-20% of their HP/SDC.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Warwolf wrote:
Mad Cow Milk wrote:Your regeneration rate does not change between forms. If you look at the layout of when the abilities listed in the R.C.C. this should be a bit more clear.

Nope. There are two different regeneration rates. Check the Nightbane Q&A (material cut from the NBSG) in Rifter #48.

As far as Nightbane regenerating limbs, I can't remember if we covered that... But I don't think they regrow in the Facade form (in spite of their more rapid healing rate).

Necrophim, I would say, regenerate limbs in the time it would take them to regen 10-20% of their HP/SDC.

Since when is all Rifter material cannon?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mad Cow Milk wrote:

When what is being quoted is a Offical (aka canon) FAQ published in a rifter.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mad Cow Milk wrote:

When what is being quoted is a Offical (aka canon) FAQ published in a rifter.

Ah gotcha.

Return to “Nightbane®”