Snake Charmer & Coatyl

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Snake Charmer & Coatyl

Unread post by krispy »

Snake Charmer & Coatyl Snakes

A looong time ago I made a Pack-master with snakes for the sole purpose of keeping the underground clear of rats (rat-bombs) and Ns machines….but Todd Yoho brought out the cool Naga Dancer & their Serpents so I kept it to myself (and added a bit of Todds ideas to mine like the intelligence and instinctive skills). I had recently chatted to Premier regarding his Carnifex Thylaco Rats and in the discussion I brought up my Snake Charmer. He gave me a great suggestion to add to the design….so now I bring you this

Snake Charmer (Packmaster) who command a snake with an amazing design/blend: - venomous & pythons, anacondas, with a little bit of a legless lizard (for hearing) and a mythical component the Coatyl (or Coatl)… thank you Premier for the Coatyl angle :-D :ok: (The Coatyl is a winged serpent)

Their main purpose is to keep the underground clear from rats and Ns machines

Splicers are exploiting another loophole in NEXUS way of thinking. She did not program the ratbombs to go off around snakes

They have an increased brain capacity and an assortment of sensors
Most of the time the wings are folded up tight against the snakes body so they can patrol the smaller pipes within the underground systems

Coatyl Snake

MDC
Eyes (2): 15 each
Head: 60
MB: 110

Speed:
Slithering: 80km/h
Leaping: 10m high or across double if leap from coiled position
Digging: 32km/h through sand or dirt, half that if through clay, rocky or stony ground
Swimming: 110km/h
Flying: 280km/h maximum, 560km/h on a powerdive

Size: up to 9 foot long
Weighing up to 75kg
Strength: 3D4+18 Splicer (due to python/boa/anaconda genes)

Production Cycle: One year gestation plus 2 years grow…..Note: the Engineers in my Houses (Skyrus, Necrys, Myre and a couple more) have used an old reproductive approach to free up space in their gene pools….EGGS. the egg is made for the creature (Snake, Croshak, Gataconda etc) and can be placed in a storage chamber so not to clutter up the pool with gestating creatures

Bio-regeneration: std for WM

Senses & Features:

Silent Prowl: same as the Skinjob
Near Human Intelligence: follow Naga Serpant
Forked Tongue
Heat Pits
Prehensile tongue
Enhanced Hearing & Vision
Night vision, Polarized and Underwater Vision

Feeding requirements: The snakes are warm blooded and carnivorous. They need to eat 4 rats a day and can gorge on 8 and one day and not need to eat for 3-5 days.

If they can’t get a rat they can feed on mice (12 a day), rabbits/hares (2 a day) guinea pigs 3-4 a day

A few of them will even kill and feast on a Carnifex Thylaco Rat ;)

Sleeping: as per the Naga Serpent

Other Data:

IQ. 1D6+9, M.E 3D6+1, MA 1D8+4, PS see above, PP 18+2D6, P.E 10+2D4, PB…… Spd see above

Number of Attacks: 5

Combat Bonuses (in addition to any possible attribute bonuses):
+3 initiative, +3 strike, +5 automatic dodge, +4 roll with impact, immune to horror factor
aerial combat bonuses ............................

Automatic & Instinctive Skills of note: same as Naga Serpent

Combat Capabilities:

Restricted Head Butt: 1D4+2
Full Strength Head Butt: 2D4+2
Power Head Butt: 3D6+2…counts as 2 attacks
Bite:2D8
Constriction: Follow main book

Snake Charmer personal Coatyl Snakes

The Snake Charmer starts with 3 snakes at level 1 and receives an additional snake at level 3, 6, 9, 12 & 15.

4D6+20 is given for each snake and an additional 2D6+10 per level towards any of the snakes

Choices of Upgrades & their Limitations

In the beginning I wrote them without the wings so the SC was only allowed to choose enhancements that would not destroy the illusion of a ‘real snake’ but now that I have added the wings I am not sure, im leaning towards that they dont alter the appearance anymore and that the Coatyl Snakes dont fly unless there is no machines around

This section will be edited on a later date……………………..

Snake Charmer Personal Living Armor

The way i designed this armor is quite unorthodox, but now I’m thinking that the SC can have a HA like the Swarm Lord but with the SC motif…….Opinions welcome

Their armor gives them quite a bulky appearance. It is a dual layered armor with hollow spaces between the layer in contact with the SC and what you see. It has an appearance to that of a dead tree with numerous holes in the armor with a few tree stumps protruding from the back & shoulders (like spires). Allowing the SC to become a home to their snakes as they can slither around between the layers of the armor and exit from any of the numerous holes

Due to the bulk of the armor it has taken on the mantle of an Exo-suit (a middle ground between Living Armor & Host Armor) which has enough built in muscles to assist the PM in moving the Armor. It does not increase the SC speed or leaping ability, it only makes them strong enough to move normally with such a heavy armor and the weight of their snakes

MDC of Armor:

Due to the dual layering idea that I first thought of for the SC I basically had the MDC of the Heavy Hide Armor that is in contact with the SC & the MDC of the Chitinous Armor that is the layer everyone sees

-20% on skills such as Prowl, Climb, Swim, Acrobatics, Gymnastics
reduce leaping by…
Last edited by krispy on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
connecting the dots
89er
Adventurer

Re: Snake Charmer & Coatyl

Unread post by 89er »

I like this, new snakes, a cool tree armor, and it takes advantage of a loophole. Great job so far.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

89er wrote:I like this, new snakes, a cool tree armor, and it takes advantage of a loophole. Great job so far.

thanks mate :-D
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

i have been thinking of implementing a modified wing style of the Flying Fish into the Coatyl Snake design to provide a more concealed wing
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Review of Premier's Vire Boar

House Lebryntha (situated under the ruined city of Perth, Australia) created the Snake Charmer & their Coatyl snakes.

The large preserve nearby always brought new surprises to the landscape and this one was no different. Over the years reports from recon units encountering an alien looking Boar had been on the increase as these Boars seemed to be expanding their territory beyond that of the preserve at an exponential rate.
Observations revealed a considerable destruction to the native flora in their territory and quite an aggressive nature towards anything that came across their path
They weren’t too much of a problem to deal with if significant firepower was at hand but they were potential dangerous threats to any caught off guard & without sufficient firepower

Carcasses were brought back for study revealing the Boar to be a great resource for the House in the form of its beautiful meat, and a sturdy hide

Heavy armored units were deployed to help study to beasts in close combat to find weak points for exploitation so not to destroy the animal, thus preserving it for processing

Though the Packmasters accepted the challenge of the hunt for these Boars, the House saw an opportunity for a new snake design for the Snake Charmer. One that has supernatural strength, a special breed of snake that reflects the true power of the Green Anaconda (one of the world’s largest snakes)

NB: I was considering allowing SC to give their Coatyl snakes sup nat PS for the cost of a straight conversion and not twice the amount (eg cost 27 for ps of 27, not 54) due to the nature of a creature that is all muscle

Green Anaconda
An 6-8m long 120kg snake with a mdc of

Head: 80
MB: 180
Eyes: 20 each

I started them with a supernatural PS of 3D4+18 but im not sure if it should be higher due the nature of the snake

Option: SCs can select one of these snakes to be part of their pack for the cost of 2 Coatyl Snakes

The Boars were no match for the raw speed and power of the Anaconda who were able to surround & flank a Stallion & entangle their legs thus enabling the SC to safely approach the Boars for the kill

NB: I ran a few scenarios against loan Stallion Males and even 2 Stallion Male. Any more than that and a sole SC would have a problem.

I haven’t ran a scenario where a number of SCs (say 2 or 3) take on a large group of Boars; but that would be interesting

Premier, here are some suggestions for the Vire Boar

• the Boar has 5 attacks instead of 4
• that the bonus to strike be increased or the PP be increased so it has a better ability to dodge, strike & parry (maybe 1D8+10 or 2D4+9 instead of the 1D8+4)

Also, I was just curious. When you say the Boar has a cartilaginous endoskeleton of 400 mdc. Are you talking about the internal skeleton of the Boar (much like that of a shark) or was that supposed to be exoskeleton??
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

amodernheathen wrote:Just finished making a Naga-styled biotic. Theres a story behind how she got so many enhancements, but she is stronger than most HAs and the tail is lined with combat spurs. This gives her a ripsaw effect when coiling with the tail.

i like the biotic idea...i had considered implementing combat spurs as well for the same effect on another snake design...good one
connecting the dots
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Another nice creation. Please keep them coming!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Aramanthus wrote:Another nice creation. Please keep them coming!

I really do need to fininsh this one off. After an impressive and thorough review of the idea from Premier :ok: the optional Sup nat PS snakes will be called Emerald Constrictors
connecting the dots

Return to “Splicers®”