Board index » Across the Megaverse® » The Rifter® Forum » The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project

Post subject: Mechanoids Space
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:28 am

D-Bee

I wonder if Palladium is going to release this book. It was suppose to be sent out in 2003. its 2011. I enjoyed the original books but it looks like there wont be an expansion beyond them. It is a real shame too, i think this generation would enjoy it. I understand delays, but 8 yrs?!

What do i know tho... im just a simple gamer.

Post subject: Re: Mechanoids Space
Unread postPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

It's not Mechanoids Space, but the new Rifter Zero has stuff for Mechanoids fans.

I wrote a mini-sourcebook called "Fistful of Mechanoids" dedicated to Mechanoids: Homeworld. I detail a location called "Basecamp 13" where GMs can jumpstart a new campaign and included a dozen HLS adventures. New OCC, new alien race, lots of new tech, NPCs and other fun stuff.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Champion

Comment: Court of Tarot author
...and it is groovy stuff. I know because I read Fistful of Mechanoids.

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Champion

Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!
I'll have to re-check & see if I have Rifter Zero in my files. If not, I'll grab it soon.

Yes, Mechanoid Space has been put on 'indefinate hold' for a while, since Palladium has slightly more pressing things to deal with. But I'm confidant we'll still see the information proposed. If nothing else, it can still be released as a PDF or in Rifter articles.

Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

BookWyrm wrote:
I'll have to re-check & see if I have Rifter Zero in my files. If not, I'll grab it soon.

I should have been more specific. The Rifter #0 PDF was e-published 2 years ago (?) and its quite good and full of fun stuff. The new, upcoming Rifter #0.1 PDF is the one that Lord Z just finished editing and that one has Fistful of Mechanoids.

While we wait for Palladium to okay all the bits and bytes of the new PDF, definitely check out the first Rifter #0!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Champion

Comment: Court of Tarot author
Thank you for clarifying that, Spinachbeard the pirate. The Rifter #0 (now available through RPGNow and DriveThruRPG in addition to the Palladium webstore) includes a cool little campaign by the Spinachy Guy involving a crossover between Rifts Earth and Splicers -- but no Mechanoids. The Rifter #0.1 (not yet available for purchase) includes a micro-sourcebook entitled Fistful of Mechanoids, primarily focusing on the Mechanoid Homeworld. How long did Fistful end up being, S-cat, fifty pages?

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913