RCC and PPE

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cl7277
Wanderer

RCC and PPE

Unread post by cl7277 »

Is RCC ppe added to OCC ppe or is the higher of the two used? Like with the D'norr Devilmen there 6D6 is add to the Occ. would the same be true of the Elves? I'm making a Techno-wizard so would the Elves 5D6 be added to the 3D4x10 of the techno-wizards?
Last edited by cl7277 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: RCC and PPE

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Added.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I do not see why it would be added. If it states specifically that it is added then it is added. If it just states that the RCC gets lets say 5D6 then it would not be added. That would be like adding the default 2D6 PPE for humans.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

The Elves in conversion book one get 5D6 or the occ. In conversion book one revised the Elves get the 5D6 and the occ ppe. So I think that palladium must be saying the if your RCC character Started life with the Rcc ppe, Then as you pick your Occ you must also get that ppe as well. I wounder if this goes for ISP as well?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

cl7277 wrote:Is RCC ppe added to OCC ppe or is the higher of the two used?

Like with the D'norr Devilmen there 6D6 is add to the Occ. would the same be true of the Elves?

I'm making a Techno-wizard so would the Elves 5D6 be added to the 3D4x10 of the techno-wizards?
[Note: The correct usage is 'Race', not 'RCC' in this case.]

No, the Race PPE Is Not added to any class PPE, unless there is an inclusionary text in the race description text.

The D'norr Devilmen are an exception to the rule because it is stated in the race text that their racial base PPE (6D6+PE) is added to the OCC PPE.

Any TW's Starting PPE is 3d4x10, except for where there is text including the racial PPE in the racial text. Or if some other character quirk that adds to the base PPE.

Side Comment:
Request to everyone, would you break up your blocks of text so we can find your questions easier.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

SkyeFyre wrote:I do not see why it would be added. If it states specifically that it is added then it is added. If it just states that the RCC gets lets say 5D6 then it would not be added. That would be like adding the default 2D6 PPE for humans.

I do that.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Racial Char Classes and Races are two different things. I do wish people would stop using RCC to mean Race.

BTW nice to see you still about DD3.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

DBs of North America does note some High PPE races whose normal score is specifically to be added to the PPE of a magic OCC, bbut I haven't the slightest idea whether this is a general rule or a set of specific exceptions.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Rifts®”