AtB/TMNT Book Club

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rali
Hero

AtB/TMNT Book Club

Unread post by Rali »

Does anyone here have any books they can recommend that would be relevant to fans of After the Bomb and/or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

I'm currently reading the Neon City series of eBooks: Loaded, Fifteen Minutes and Chaser, by Fred T. Kerns. It's a high-tech near-future world where Chimera (animal-human hybrids), produced by biotech companies for the military, have been dumped on the streets of Neon City (a city built and controlled by megacorps). These books center around three main characters: Jack Hammer (a human with cybernetic eyes), Corona Borealis (a dragon chimera and Jacks girlfriend), and Taura Agenor (a minotaur/bovine chimera and hacker).

These stories are written for a mature audience. I'm only about halfway into the second book, and am having fun envisioning the setting as a future TMNT&OS or Heroes Unlimited game setting. They aren't bad stories, but the author does seem to leave threads hanging. If you have an e-reader or e-reader app, download a sample from Amazon (not available at B&N) and see if they are worth buying.

Anyone else have some reading recommendations?
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
mr.phillup
Wanderer

Re: AtB/TMNT Book Club

Unread post by mr.phillup »

Ok so here my list of books and comics

Redwall books by Brian Jacques
The Right to Arm Bears by Gordon R. Dickson
The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells
Beasts by John Crowley

Elephntmen by Starkings
Mouse Guard by David Petersen
Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan
Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai
Maus by Art Spiegelman
TMNT like it needed to be said
JLA-The Island of Dr. Moreau by Roy Thomas
Apocalypse Meow by Motofumi Kobayashi.
A full-length campaign for TMNT with kangaroo ninjas, assassin weasels and special forces wolverines! With lasers on their head. By Kilgs on RPG.net
http://mrphillup.deviantart.com/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Some webcomics that might be of help.

Kevin & Kell
PoecatComix

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Some webcomics that might be of help.

Kevin & Kell
PoecatComix

a few more:
21st century fox
Codename Hunter
Freefall
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

mr.phillup wrote:Ok so here my list of books and comics

Elephntmen by Starkings
Mouse Guard by David Petersen
Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan
Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai
Maus by Art Spiegelman
TMNT like it needed to be said
JLA-The Island of Dr. Moreau by Roy Thomas
Apocalypse Meow by Motofumi Kobayashi.

I totally agree with those above. Except Apocalypse Meow. I can't find it. Blacksad is gorgeous as well.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Well, there are some I know of. These are:

The Moreau Sega.
Planet of Whispers.

As for (web)comics, Here's a few I like:

www.missmab.com
www.sabrina-online.com
cheapthrills.xepher.net/index.html
laslindas.katbox.net/?strip_id=310
catenamanor.com
www.cy-boar.com

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Well, there are some I know of. These are:

The Moreau Sega.
Planet of Whispers.

I can't find any info on The Moreau Sega (saga?). Who wrote it? What's it about.

Also, what is Planet of Whispers about? I could only find one review on Amazon.com that said it was about aliens. How does it relate to AtB/TMNT&OS?

People, please include some information on the books/web comics you are recommending.

~Nekira Sudacne
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Planet of Whispers is a book (with books that follow up after it) that takes place on (I think) a future Earth, were there's some genetically engineered felinoids that don't have any concious. Only the main character (who looks like a combination between human, Lion and a couger) has a concious. As to the Aliens, if I remember right (haven't read the book in awhile) are actually humans that had went to outer space years before.

The Moreau Sega is a 4 book series that takes place in the near future. It's about governments and corperations that create humanoid animals that are used for war. But in the series, the mutants (?) were allowed to stop participating in war and are able to go to civilian life. The animals that are used, that I can remember anyway, are Tigers, Rabbits, Rats and humans (called Frankenstiens).

Both books are GREAT reads.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

I can't find any information on The Moreau Sega. Do you know who wrote it, or a have link to where it can be found on Amazon.com?

~Nekira Sudacne
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, I can't remember who wrote it off the top of my head.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

duck-foot wrote:doesnt starfox have books?

Couldn't find anything aside from fan fiction.

~Nekira Sudacne
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Found the Author. His name is S. Andrew Swann. You can find the info for the series here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moreau_Series.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Found the Author. His name is S. Andrew Swann. You can find the info for the series here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moreau_Series.

I found the books at Barnes & Noble and at Amazon. Links can be found here: LINK

A summary of the setting:
The Moreau Omnibus wrote:Decades past the end of the Pan-Asian war, the United States is home to over ten-million moreaus— genetically engineered animals, soldiers designed to fight in that war. They have intelligence, and some rights, but live lives as second-class citizens as best. The moreaus are segregated into ghettos and are viewed with fear and suspicion by the human population. The US teeters on the brink between civil war and outright genocide:

Setting sounds very similar to the Neon City stories I talked about earlier.

~Nekira Sudacne
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

True. But they ARE good reads. They kind of remind me of a idea involving TMNT if AtB2 didn't happen and mutant animals were discovered.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”