How I do hand to hand

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

Re: How I do hand to hand

Unread post by Mantisking »

corbindebec wrote:In the game it would be easy for a player to acuse the MD of cheating at hand to hand, so to be fair, I made up little cards (doesn't really matter as long as it can be concealed under your hand), each one has a manuver in hand to hand rules, for example, one may have buttstroke, another may have parry and so on, you make two sets for each hand to hand style, really just unarmed, boyonet, and knife fighting will do, one set goes to the players the other the MD keeps. the player involved in the fight picks his style, and takles the appropriate set of "cards" the MD takes the enemy's style, each picks a move and places it face down under the hand then makes the roll, then after die is rolled you reveal your choice, this keeps the fight fair and you'd be surprised at how much fun the players have during breaks playing with the cards.

I remember something similar from "Best of Dragon Magazine" ages ago.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: How I do hand to hand

Unread post by Jefffar »

There's also a random table in the Recon book.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”