2011 Status of the Project

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

2011 Status of the Project

Unread post by Lord Z »

I did speak with Wayne yesterday. I need to contact and speak with each of the contributors individually. Then, I will post a public announcement here.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero

Re: 2011 Status of the Project

Unread post by Lord Z »

I know there are some contributors here whom I have not contacted yet. I am having difficulty remembering who did what, and I won't have access to the Credits Page and other notes until tomorrow night. If you contributed to Rifter 0.1, please step forward.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I took a day off yesterday to complete as much layout as possible. I did not get far.

Since our layout artist got problems, I downloaded Scribus and started doing the work myself. The software is troubling -- if you will excuse my understatement. The work is taking twice as long as it should do to the ways that Scribus does what it does. To add insult to injury, I still am unable to make pdfs with internal links -- not using MS Office, Open Office, LibreOffice, nor Scribus. I did manage to make a Gallery Book of our donated artwork in high resolution (when feasible) as a separate PDF. When I have workable PDFs, perhaps I will try revising them with a trial copy of Adobe...

The bottom line is that we are not going to be making our deadline of May 1st.

What I have completed is the Gallery Book and the first fifty pages of the main book. Those 50 include the cover, legal statements, Contributors' Pages and Contents (those two I am filling in as I go along), the After the Bomb feature, and the Beyond the Supernatural: Japan feature.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Go Lord Z, go! (hey, a little cheering mever hurts, right?)
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

The status is completed. We ended up shaving the Arnzo article and the audio file due to time constraints, but the great majority of what we planned and then some is being sent to Wayne.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Look forward to hearing what he thinks of it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Woohoo! So when do you think Kevin will start mentioning it in the Weekly Updates?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I am not even going to speculate.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Lord Z, thank you for championing the project to completion!

Hopefully you have a few points of sanity left!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

If he does, I'm sure we can fix that. :demon:

:clown:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

so did this ever happen? and is there any place to still get rifter 0?
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

PSI-Lence wrote:so did this ever happen? and is there any place to still get rifter 0?

It should be in as a PDF in Drive Through RPG.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

PSI-Lence wrote:so did this ever happen? and is there any place to still get rifter 0?

Greetings and Salutations. Rifter 0.1 is in the hands of Palladium. However it's a huge project (Palladium has talked about possibly splitting it into 2 books) and will require time to go through it all and edit. Sadly (but understandably), it is not a top priority for Palladium at this time. As such, there's no news to provide at this time. Thank you for your time and continued interest, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

P.S. For Rifter 0 (the original), as drew said it should be available at DriveThru.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”