Fun Thread: Try to stump your fellow Rifts fans!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Fun Thread: Try to stump your fellow Rifts fans!

Unread post by csbioborg »

I am throwing one out since I really think you have stumpedthe board unless Apollo is lurking
What is the most automatons Dweonor could produce assuming unlimited resources and man power
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

csbioborg wrote:I am throwing one out since I really think you have stumpedthe board unless Apollo is lurking
What is the most automatons Dweonor could produce assuming unlimited resources and man power
I'll answer your Question and answer mine.

In Rifts Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Apollo Okamura mistakenly draws the Deevil Queen Hel to look like the Asgardian Death Goddess Hel -namely, with one half of her face normal and beautiful, the other half inhuman and terrifying.

As to the Automatons -if the Three Lords of Magic so wished, they could put forth roughly 20,000 Automatons -they temporarily donate 1 MDC and 1 PPE per Automaton, and can recall that energy at any time. (compared to some other questions, this one was pretty easy.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

okay I'll bring it back
name all the archie units in canon and their current location
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

csbioborg wrote:okay I'll bring it back
name all the archie units in canon and their current location
Argent Goodson -Head of Titan Industries.

"Argent The Second" (MY designation) another Neural Net experiment that showed up in a recent World Book (I forget which). He is a regional director of a local Titan Industries branch.

"Sergeant Beta" -Spy for ARCHIE and current, trusted member of the Liberated Underground.

"James T" -effective full-conversion cyborg. Wandering the wilds of America with a traveling circus.

Untold numbers of Shemarrians.

Untold numbers of robotic denizens of the forests (disguised as animals).

Untold numbers of robotic Rhino-Buffalo.

ARCHIE-3 O.Z.

Unknown numbers of reprogrammed Skelebots in Chi-Town.

Unknown numbers of unwitting spies who buy and use Titan Industries Armor and its monitoring/memory storage crystals.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
csbioborg
Champion

I was talking about actual archie units
I give you one archie three
there are more
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

There is one on the moon.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

csbioborg wrote:I was talking about actual archie units
there are more
Very well, then.

ARCHIE -Three
ARCHIE -Seven (In Australia; actually, IIRC, this might not be an actual ARCHIE unit, but modeled after him)
ARCHIE -Four (On the Moon)
ARCHIE -3-OZ (Fully functional Decoy)

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

cornholioprime wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I was talking about actual archie units
there are more
Very well, then.

ARCHIE -Three
ARCHIE -Seven (In Australia; actually, IIRC, this might not be an actual ARCHIE unit, but modeled after him)
ARCHIE -Four (On the Moon)
ARCHIE -3-OZ (Fully functional Decoy)

Seven is on the Moon. It was originally 4, but has been upgraded 3 times since the CotR.
csbioborg
Champion

missing one
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

csbioborg wrote:missing one
:frust:

Damn.

I got nothing.

:? Somebody help a Brutha out! :?

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

isn't there one in NORAD or something like that?
csbioborg
Champion

you know I was thinking their might be oe there but I think that is from a rifter
that is definitely the one I am thinking about
csbioborg
Champion

hintit is from one of the dino swamp books
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Archie Five, though I don't remember where he is.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
csbioborg
Champion

I'll give it there is a Acrhie Zero in one of the adventure who is currently deactivated

some else post a question
The Beast

csbioborg wrote:I'll give it there is a Acrhie Zero in one of the adventure who is currently deactivated

Question to you: What was the offical number and which books are they in?

Question for everyone else:

On page 133 of the RMB there is a picture of a Ley Line Walker. What does the writting on his sash hanging from his belt say?
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

The Beast wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I'll give it there is a Acrhie Zero in one of the adventure who is currently deactivated

On page 133 of the RMB there is a picture of a Ley Line Walker. What does the writting on his sash hanging from his belt say?

Lobotomize me
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:

Isn't that the piece of art that has Breaux's name on it?

(I swear by The Power Of Grayskull to you all that I haven't cracked open a book, I just remember some sort of adventurer's pic that has Breaux's signature built into the sash.)

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Isn't that the piece of art that has Breaux's name on it?

(I swear by The Power Of Grayskull to you all that I haven't cracked open a book, I just remember some sort of adventurer's pic that has Breaux's signature built into the sash.)
The question refers to the color plate IIRC. and if that is the case then I Know the words are Lobotomize me they are written in the PF Runic alphabet. I made it a habit back in the day to translate any runic writing I found in the artwork (curiosity is the down fall of every mage).
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
csbioborg
Champion

The Beast wrote:

archie zero
page 142 dino swamp adventures
all others were covered by the above posters
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

The writing says "Lobotomize Me" in runic.

EDIT: Damien Magecraft beats me to the punch. I'll get you my pretty! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO! :shock:
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
The Beast

Johnathan wrote:The writing says "Lobotomize Me" in runic.

EDIT: Damien Magecraft beats me to the punch. I'll get you my pretty! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO! :shock:

By like 5 hours... :lol: :P
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:ZK-12 was made by Zachary King.
What in blazes is it...and who is Zacahary King?!?

:?

ZK-12 = Zachary King - formula 12. He created this bio-weapon to kill the Dunlith hive.
Allow me to throw in a related bonus question: What repercussions has the loss ZK-12 had on Lazlo that are unrelated to hostile insects?
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

The Beast wrote:

so that makes it my turn to ask yes?
ok here we go.

This particularly vile Ritual takes 6 hours to preform but will allow a mage to deliver upto 1000 MD to a supernatural creature. Name the spell; the type of magic; and its level.
Armorlord
Hero

Damian Magecraft wrote:This particularly vile Ritual takes 6 hours to preform but will allow a mage to deliver upto 1000 MD to a supernatural creature. Name the spell; the type of magic; and its level.
Hm.. Desiccate the Supernatural is the name that comes to mind but I can't think of the level, I'd wager some sort of Necromancy though.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Armorlord wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:This particularly vile Ritual takes 6 hours to preform but will allow a mage to deliver upto 1000 MD to a supernatural creature. Name the spell; the type of magic; and its level.
Hm.. Desiccate the Supernatural is the name that comes to mind but I can't think of the level, I'd wager some sort of Necromancy though.

iirc, dessicate the supernatural is regular invocation magic, does not require a ritual, and is not even all that high level (and also doesn't do anywhere near 1000 MD as i recall). it's also not particularly vile, from what i recall.

my best guess as to the nature of the ritual, personally, is something out of africa. possibly african witch magic?

as far as what negative effect the loss of ZK-12 has had on lazlo (not related to the bugs themselves), i seem to recall the CS getting their hands on it, and starting to develop bio-weapons. could be wrong though.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Damian Magecraft wrote:
The Beast wrote:

so that makes it my turn to ask yes?
ok here we go.

This particularly vile Ritual takes 6 hours to preform but will allow a mage to deliver upto 1000 MD to a supernatural creature. Name the spell; the type of magic; and its level.
Damian gave us a clue.

By saying the word "vile," he is probably referring to some of the Soulmancy Rituals in the back of the Dimensional Outbreak book. And by "vile," he almost certainly means that this is one of the "higher level" Soulmancy Spells where at the very least, a sentient being must be sacrificed; perhaps multiple sentients, and animals or other non-sentients simply won't do.

Unfortunately for ME.....I haven't yet memorized those Spells, not even partially.

Armorlord
Hero

Shark_Force wrote:iirc, dessicate the supernatural is regular invocation magic, does not require a ritual, and is not even all that high level (and also doesn't do anywhere near 1000 MD as i recall). it's also not particularly vile, from what i recall.

my best guess as to the nature of the ritual, personally, is something out of africa. possibly african witch magic?

as far as what negative effect the loss of ZK-12 has had on lazlo (not related to the bugs themselves), i seem to recall the CS getting their hands on it, and starting to develop bio-weapons. could be wrong though.

Perhaps I am thinking of the wrong name, but I'm thinking of the one that siphons off a creature's MDC and PPE to the caster for some amount of time.

As for ZK-12, at least canonly the bio-agent and all traces of it was destroyed by roughly 103 PA by a team of adventurers supported by Tolkeen and Lazlo.

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Well one of you is in the right ball park.
I will leave you all this one last clue.
If the Target saves against the spell it could quite conceivably result in the death of the caster.

I am going leave it at that for now.
I will post the answers after I get back from work tomorrow afternoon.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Damian Magecraft wrote:Well one of you is in the right ball park.
If the Target saves against the spell it could quite conceivably result in the death of the caster.

Alright, youse guys.

Damian is going to leave us hanging in suspense until he gets back (or until someone with magical knowledge equal to or greater than his own comes in here and answers that question).

In the meantime, I'll post a Question:

Nxla is probably familiar to everyone here; but for the few uninformed, he is potentially one of the greatest threats to the Megaverse (which gives you some idea of just how badass the Old Ones were for this creature to have been deliberately skipped over as a relatively minor threat when they were imprisoned).

In any event, Nxla can semi-permanently add to his own MDC and PPE by containing souls within him (he never actually devours them, and the process can be reversed). As long as he keeps those essences within him, he keeps those tremendous bonuses; if the souls are never returned to their source, he'll never lose his bonus PPE and MDC.

Name at least one other Greater Supernatural Creature that has a similar capability of semi-permanently enhancing its stats by containing other beings.

HINT: Just to be clear, the Soul Catcher from Dimension Book 10: Hades does NOT gain extra PPE and/or MDC indefinitely from the souls it holds, only on a temporary basis by totally consuming them.

Tyranneix
Explorer

Unread post by Tyranneix »

Death by 1,000 Cuts, Demon Magic, Level 14 ritual, pg 190 in Dimensional Outbreak. Truly a vile and nasty spell.

My turn...

Name all the members of Karl Prosek's immediate family.
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
Armorlord
Hero

Tyranneix wrote:Name all the members of Karl Prosek's immediate family.
Dang, I just can't think of the wife's name. Joseph we all know, and I can't recall the deceased son's name- Robert maybe?.

As for my old question further up, since no one seemed to bite, the answer is: Targeted attacks on Lazlo's merchant fleet.
A cookie to the person that remembers why.

Tyranneix
Explorer

Armorlord wrote:
Dang, I just can't think of the wife's name. Joseph we all know, and I can't recall the deceased son's name- Robert maybe?.

As for my old question further up, since no one seemed to bite, the answer is: Targeted attacks on Lazlo's merchant fleet.

definately close.

and as to the zk-12 question.. they royally pissed off the Duluth Hive and the queen sent retribution against humans in the area.
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Tyranneix wrote:

Death by 1,000 Cuts, Demon Magic, Level 14 ritual, pg 190 in Dimensional Outbreak. Truly a vile and nasty spell.

we have a winner.
The name of the spell caught my eye so of course the spell would stand out in my head. good job Tyranneix.
Armorlord
Hero

Tyranneix wrote:
Armorlord wrote:

definately close.

and as to the zk-12 question.. they royally pissed off the Duluth Hive and the queen sent retribution against humans in the area.
Will you accept Mrs. Prosek? :D

You're also close, but my original question asks about repercussions unrelated to oversized insects.

Tyranneix
Explorer

Shinitenshi wrote:
Tyranneix wrote:

My turn...

Name all the members of Karl Prosek's immediate family.

Karl, Elisabeth, Joseph and Jason?

3 out of 4. I'll let you guess which one is wrong.

Here's the hint.. Lord Coake has something to do with the Prosek family member you got wrong.

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Tyranneix wrote:

we have a winner.
The name of the spell caught my eye so of course the spell would stand out in my head. good job Tyranneix.

Anytime!
Tyranneix
Explorer

Shinitenshi wrote:Darn it...it's his wife isn't it?

maybe, maybe not.

ok here is another hint. Prosek's Arch-Nemesis is involved as well.. and if that doesn't give it away I don't know what will.

I'll post the answer tonight if no one hasn't gotten it yet.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Jo-Anna Prosek is the final piece to THIS puzzle!
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Tyranneix
Explorer

You rock Johnathan..

Your turn!
Johnathan
Adventurer

There is group of heroes on RIFTS Earth that is primarily composed of powerful beings (primarily creatures of magic, supernatural creatures, men of magic and psychics). Being led by a Demigod of no small power himself.

What's the group, the demigod and those Three Galaxy denizens?
Tyranneix
Explorer

Shinitenshi wrote:
Tyranneix wrote:You rock Johnathan..

Your turn!

Why does he rock because he got 1 out of 4?

ok you rock more for getting 3 out of 4..
Johnathan
Adventurer

I rock because I got the obscure part of the question right. :3
Tyranneix
Explorer

So next questions....
Johnathan
Adventurer

Johnathan wrote:There is group of heroes on RIFTS Earth that is primarily composed of powerful beings (primarily creatures of magic, supernatural creatures, men of magic and psychics). Being led by a Demigod of no small power himself.

Here it is. No answers yet...
Tyranneix
Explorer

Johnathan wrote:
Johnathan wrote:There is group of heroes on RIFTS Earth that is primarily composed of powerful beings (primarily creatures of magic, supernatural creatures, men of magic and psychics). Being led by a Demigod of no small power himself.

I got nothing! I wouldn't even know where to begin with that one.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Johnathan wrote:

The only male Demigod NPC that I can think of at the moment is Annias Cearcy of the Collegiate Arcane.

Johnathan
Adventurer

Here's a hint: Southern Hemisphere.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Okay, allow me to stand corrected! It is, in fact, NOT a Demigod that leads this group. But a Godling...

My bad...
Johnathan
Adventurer

And it seems, I have yet again posed a stumping question - *sigh*

Well... I think I'm going to stop posting questions at this stage...

The Answers are as follows:

The Group: The Heroes of the Sun
The Godling: Manco Capac
The Three Galaxy references in the group: Cosmo-Knights. There are 4 in this group. Were 5, but he tried to leave RIFTS Earth's atmosphere and has not been heard from since.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Johnathan wrote:And it seems, I have yet again posed a stumping question - *sigh*

Well... I think I'm going to stop posting questions at this stage...

The Answers are as follows:

The Group: The Heroes of the Sun
The Godling: Manco Capac
The Three Galaxy references in the group: Cosmo-Knights. There are 4 in this group. Were 5, but he tried to leave RIFTS Earth's atmosphere and has not been heard from since.
Dangit!!

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about him.......and I was in that Book not too long ago for my own Question early on in this Thread!

Return to “Rifts®”