Prime Adventure Example

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Prime Adventure Example

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

To the best of my knowledge there is no preferred format for adventures. I would suggest you look at some of the previous Rifters that have adventures in them. 47 has The Fall of N.O.R.A.D for Rifts and Chaos Earth. You can check out the Rifter Index for more examples of adventures.

Just use what most books do and have a beginning, middle, and an end. Make sure any relevant N.P.C.'s are stated out and have fun with it.

Good luck :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Glad to help Knightshade. Let us know when your accepted.

Carl
ImageImage
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Correct, there is not a specific format. That can cause a little confusion, but it is also an advantage for the writer to be able to best present material as the specific adventure requires. For example the first adventure of that NORAD Duology was organized by room and by day, inappropriate for most other adventures.

Just follow the suggestions in the submission guidelines on the main site (proper abbreviations and such). I strongly suggest getting a second pair of eyes proof read the material before submission.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Omega6
D-Bee

Unread post by Omega6 »

I like the style the others have suggested. I am not a fan of "Hook, Line, Sinker" aventures. Other adventures I like include the PFRPG Yin Sloth Jungles material. I also enjoy using random encounter tables, like the ones in Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb) for example, to flesh out the story while travelling from place to place.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I bought the Rifters 31 & 32 (or was it 30 & 31) on auction for the castlerake adventure. Check it out as an example.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”