Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by DhAkael »

*BUMP*
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Al'right.....I'm back. What did I miss?
(sound of crickets)

(sweatdrops)That much, eh?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

all anyone could do was kvetch about how LIMMITED the Shemnarrian Nation book was :P
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116643
-sigh-
I gave the link, but did anyone read?
Sometimes I weep for the younger generations :badbad: :nh: :frust:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:all anyone could do was kvetch about how LIMMITED the Shemnarrian Nation book was :P
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116643
-sigh-
I gave the link, but did anyone read?
Sometimes I weep for the younger generations :badbad: :nh: :frust:

Hey, sometimes people don't rise to a self-pluggola.
S'right. Their loss.
But it falls to folks like us to PUSH the limits.
Off a cliff. Into an open geological fault. Or a volcano. Or into the path of a herd of stampeding mechanical Thunderbeetles who are stampeding because their malfunctioning AIs have decided that's an appropriate thing to do when you're malfunctioning.
Needless to say, said pushed limits will not feel so rigid and confining after such treatment. In fact, said limits might just be GONE....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Having never read this thread, I would like to make a suggestion. After watching Avatar in the theater it had occurred to me, why don't the Shemarrians link with their mounts? It seems like a simple step, that a machine would link with it's machine mount to make it respond to their commands and quicker. I mentioned it to Josh over a drunken Denny's encounter, and he said it makes sense to him.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jorel wrote:Having never read this thread, I would like to make a suggestion. After watching Avatar in the theater it had occurred to me, why don't the Shemarrians link with their mounts? It seems like a simple step, that a machine would link with it's machine mount to make it respond to their commands and quicker. I mentioned it to Josh over a drunken Denny's encounter, and he said it makes sense to him.

Actualy; provisions have been made in some of the fan-material we've done.
As for the existing mounts (Monstrex / cranes); why not? :D
Vehicle hyper-link or what ever from 'Bionics Sourcebook' , use the antenae as the "link" and Bob's yer aunt :lol:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

I always took it as a given that both the EShemar and the regular Shemarrians regularly linked into their mounts (even if the PB stats don't reflect this)...They just didn't want to add more misery to the PCs when they watch the GM moving his or her lips figuring in linkage bonuses as the Shemarrian cavalry starts mauling them.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:They just didn't want to add more misery to the PCs when they watch the GM moving his or her lips figuring in linkage bonuses as the Shemarrian cavalry starts mauling them.

*tuneless pathetic whistling attempt to sound innocent* :erm: :angel:
:demon: :nuke:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Well, I got nothing new immediately ready to go...I'm mostly finished with my latest Shemarrian capital ships but am mulling over specific details of teh plasma weaponry...figuring a few weeks off from it and then coming at the problem fresh will jog the little gray cells...A modified and 'corrupted' NA Waterserpent 'bot is not yet set down on paper, and I'm currently wrestling with the specs for a militarized vacuum cleaner for Paladin Steel(as well as a slew of magic artifacts/sculptures and the Flying Cottages of the Dream Wizards of Venyar).

In short, still getting up to speed from six days of inactivity, now trying to cram every vagrant thought dreamed up during that time unto media before the zip fades.

How you doing with your mystery tribe so far? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*test pattern 60hrz* -BEEEEEWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Huh?

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I'll be working of the 10th tribe soon enough... just have had unremitting stress and B$ to deal with last 12 or so days.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

S'right....rainy day depression and catching up....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Author's note: Edited for typo daemons ;)

The tenth Tribe:
Wayfinder: The city was lost. All Tsyldaen’s fellow technomancers, friends, family & kin; gone. The Coalition had come and the outer walls had fallen. Treachery had broken Tolkeen, not siege or cannon. Blackest treachery. Now all that remained was her.
Not all of her though.
Just Tsyldaen's soul. She had hidden it. Yes, hidden from the soldiers who had murdered everyone in the forge-works, including her body. Her mind though; her mind was still safe buried under the tonnes of rock and brick and steel. Safe in the adamant substance of ‘The heart’; one of the projects she had dreamed up in better years. Now all Tsyldaen could do was dream…

The lone Shemarrian scout had detected an energy spike nearby. Definitely off the scale of the experimental “Kirillian Eye” it had implanted in its forehead. The gynoids antennae could confirm that the magic energy was from a metallic object not more than a half days digging under the rubble of the building. Unit ASW-1217-09-108’s instructions were clear from Shaper & Maker; find anything of value in the ruins of the city classified as Tolkeen and either return it to one of the healing caves or destroy it if possible.
Hours passed as both the Shemarrian and the Monstrex counterpart dug into the rock, soil and brick, steel subcoming to laser or vibroblade. No one was within miles so the work progressed without interruption or risk of discovery.
Finally, as zero-hundred hours ticked onto the time display in 1217-09-108’s upper left view, the object, a globe of grey-silver metal the size of a grapefruit, was exposed.

Opening the Kirillian Eye again, the Shemarrian could see the ebb & flow of the magic energy signature pulsing like that of a humans heart beat. It seemed…alive. That was the only way 1217-09-108 could classify the readings, now that it could see the object directly. Knowing no fear, yet having a small hesitancy in the neural-processor, the Gynoid reached forwards and grabbed the metal sphere.

Tsyldaen looked down at her masterpiece, but the view was strange. Digital displays like that of a power-armour filled her sightline, and her hands. Her hands were much rougher in shape than what an elf woman’s should be, regardless of the fact Tysldaen had been a technomancer for over 30 years. The forearms were clad in polished alloy and…wait.
Tsyldaen was dead. Only her thoughts and life force were left after the missiles fell. No. Remembering; her hands reaching for The Heart, as the ceiling fell in fire and dust, her back pierced with iron shrapnel, her blood splashed in front of her eyes onto her life’s work…The Heart. Her heart.
Now.
Now she stood up, ignoring the toneless voice of the machine and the harsher, profanity laced voice of the male, demanding she report in and give a “Tactical data update”. Tsyldaen felt the command to die through the AEther of the radio waves and concentrated on where those commands would terminate. She absorbed the ‘Sunhearts’ that would have melted her from within, and turning to the creature beside her, the Monsterrex, she calmly bent its simple digital mind to her will.
Tsyldaen had survived, and through chance, and her own artifice, she lived again.
Ecotroz.
A word. A name?
Tysldaen heard many voices calling out “I am. I Will. I EctrozShemarr. I AM FREE!”.
She would find those who sang the word of Ecotroz, she would learn why she was now alive in a body crafted by a mad-machine and a man-child with delusions of godhood. She would find the truth.

And woe to the Emperor named Prossek, and to the Maker & shaper. For the Wayfinder would bring the ultimate vengeance upon them.
She would bring their subjects the truth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wayfinder tribe was born about 2 months after the fall of Tolkeen when a solo Shemarrin warrior, tasked with search and retrieve of any magical artifacts to keep them from the hated Sploogorth, came across one particular magical device that would change the future.
Tysldaen Silverstar, a brilliant young (only 60 years old elf) psionic technowizard, was finishing off a project related to the Iron-Juggernaught, but much more versatile. Her concept being, a device that could contain a living soul, allow it to still use magic and psionics and also be able to transfer that soul from machine to machine as needed. Effectively allowing for those turned into Juggernaughts to be rescued if their bodies were smashed, or to allow for full-conversion / transferred intelligence conversions of critically injured magi.
She had just completed her project, simply called The heart, when the defenses of Tolkeen were removed by the traitor. In the missile volley sent into the heart of Tolkeen, Tsyldaen’s forge was hit by multiple AP missiles and she died in the resultant explosions. Not before she had managed to activate The Heart however.

When the ARCHIE Shemarrian Warrior unit # 1217-09-108 touched the technowizardy device, Tysldaen’s life force was instantly uploaded into the Gynoids body and neural-net. Also, a side effect of the device caused the Shemarrian body to alter; becoming a “living” machine similar in many ways to the 3-galaxies machine people or more closely, the Wolfen Quatoria. Tsyldaen had full access to all her magic and psionic powers, and even found certain powers amplified (such as telemechanics and telemechanic possession). Finally, she could “heal” damage, not only to herself, but if she could touch another machine and transfer some of her PPE to it, that machine could be repaired as well.

Over a course of a half year, Tsyldaen has managed to use The Heart to rescue and “rebirth” several other fellow Tolkeenites into damaged or captured Shemarrians (only those with neural intelligences would have the transfer work), both male & female, as well as bodies constructed from salvaged cybernetics and bionics. Towards the end of the 6th month several unaligned EctrozShemarr had joined the tribe, being welcome additions.

By the autumn of PA 109, the Wayfinder tribe has nearly 300 members, a full 3rd being EctrozShemarr. Presently they reside in the south eastern part of British Columbia, and know of 8 other tribes. Tysldaen and her closest advisors wish to try and unite all of them and to break the “enslaved” Shemarr free of the Maker and Shaper. Only then do they feel that they would have the power to bring down the Prossek regime.

Tribal colours are white cloaks with silver or blue embroidery on the trim. The headdresses are simple, doing away with the frills and spines of most Shemarrians for functional but elegant lines. Their standard and symbol is a compass-rose on the image of an open book. Finally, the most distinguishing feature of all the wayfinder tribe is the third-eye gemstone in their foreheads and definite living magic / psionic aura to all members.
Last edited by DhAkael on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Wow...what timing!
I too have new stuff to lavish on this thread... :D

She-Mar Hitode-class Troop Transport

On one side of the valley, an army of scaley-skinned, horribly-beweaponed humanoids boiled out of a walled city, swarming in a tide of anger towards the other side of the valley.
On the other side, two five-sloped mountains that hadn’t been there an hour ago now squatted, bristling with gleaming weaponry and sensory antennae, metallic shapes starting to emerge from cavernous openings in their sides and gather around their bases.
Several miles away, on a low promintory, but still with line of sight on the plain, two oni ninja watched, unseen by the belligerents below.
“What are they waiting for? An invitation?” The younger ninja groused. “Their formation...it is laughable! Why didn’t they come in on top of the ‘port, if they mean to take it? If these ‘Shemarrians’ mean to take the spaceport away from the Brodkil, why do they land outside it, like they came to picnic, not make war?!”
The senior of the two ninja let the younger one rant and ramble for a while before he held up a finger, indicating patience.
“Wait for it.”
They didn’t have long to wait, watching the Brodkil armored reinforce their positions and consolidate their encirclement of the Shemarrian positions. Armored phalanxes were forming up to strike at the beseiged ships.
Then it seemed as if the two starfish-like ships exploded in a blaze of light. Even the Oni-nins’ flash-visors overcompensated for a moment, going black for a moment, before readjusting, but even then, the curtain of fire that rose was blinding to look at.
A curtain of fire that rose and arced, and finally swept down upon the Brodkil positions. Once, twice, three times the plasma tide rolled across the Brodkil, incinerating monster and machine alike, dropping into trenches to melt the soil into molten glass, drowning those who had take refuge in the earth in instant lava, cooking off munitions still on their racks and in their weapons. Previously invisible Brodkil flickered into sight as the murderous brightness washed over them, revealing them, before they vanished again, but not into the concealment of their naural cloaking ability. Brodkil formations didn’t so much break as they EVAPORATED under the onslaught.
Then, there rose a yell that could be heard even over the still resounding shockwaves of that bombardment. The Shemarrian cavalry, now suddenly formed up in their own formations, charged into the still smoking maelstrom, the thundering of the hooves of their warmounts audible even from where the ninja watched. The sharp supersonic crack of their guns punctuated the air.
“Flaming tears of Amaratsu....” the younger ninja breathed in awe.
“And that is why one ignores artillery...and the perfect open field deployment for it.... at one’s risk. If the enemy wants YOU to come to THEM, it is reason to be suspicious.” the senior ninja wisely stated.

These distinctive-looking Shemarrian capital ships have only been sighted twice in action, both times operating near Bushido Confederation-claimed space; the Oni scouts who observed them dubbed them ‘Hitode’(‘Starfish’), and the name stuck(it is unknown what the Shemar call them).
Hitode-class transport cruisers have a distinctive appearance giving them their reporting name. They do indeed resemble massive, thorny, five-armed starfish. In this case, though, the armatures are large troop transport bay-blocs, and the ‘thorns’ a bristling array of armaments. Heavily armed and armored, but decidedly slow compared to other Shemarrian vessels, the Hitide does not rush to engage enemy vessels, but comes in behind a screen of other ships, protecting its advance on a planetary body or targeted space station. Once landed, the Hitode acts as a strongpoint and artillery support for its deployed troop complement.
Hitodes have been sighted but rarely; twice in landing operations, and four or five times in flight, traveling in convoy with other Shemar vessels, and not more than two or three at a time, so it is not known how many are operational in the Shemarrian fleets. The vessels engaged in the observed landing operations apparently belonged the Blood Rider(made clear by the bright crimson color scheme) and Horrorwoods (green and gray) tribes. It is not known if these vessels are exclusive to these clans or are operational with the other known tribes as well.
Type: ESheMar-CV-01
Class: Heavy Troop Transport Cruiser
Crew: 820, plus 1.600 cavalry/1,600 warmounts, or 16,000 infantry
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 95,000
Bridge 9,000
Armatures(5) 76,000 each
G-Cannon Turrets(15) 800 each
Plasma Hunter-Killer Torpedo Launchers(2) 900 each
Plasma Torpedo Launchers(5) 800 each
Engines(5) 2,000 each
Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(35) 160 each
Variable Forcefields---1,500 per side(6,000 total)
Height: 500 ft
Width: 2,200 ft
Length: 2,200 ft
Weight: 560,000 tons
Cargo:
Each arm of the Hitode can hold ten companies of Shemarrian cavalry(that’s 1,600 troops, plus their mounts) or twenty companies (3,200 effectives) of dismounted infantry, for totals of 1,600 cavalry/100 warmounts, or 16,000 infantry. Alternatively, they can each hold 40,000 tons of cargo.
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 30 year energy life
Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 3; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 10
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 0.0% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 7 light years per hour
(Underwater) Not Possible
Market Cost: Unique to the Shemarrians and not for sale. If made available, a fully-equipped and functional Hitode might bring 1 billion credits or more
Systems of Note:
Standard Starship Systems, plus:
*Sensor Baffling----The Shemar ships can partially mask their sensor spoor, making themselves difficult to detect at long range. This acts as Stealth(-70% to detect while stationary, -30% when moving)

*Tractor Beams(5)----Effectively each rated for 700 tons dead weight, but can be used for imparting small changes in momentum/direction to ships/structures several times that mass. One emitter is mounted in each claw, and the third is mounted in the tail.
Range: 5 miles in space(NOT usable in atmosphere)
(Kitsune Values: 5,000 miles in space).

Weapons Systems:
1)Heavy G-Cannon(30; 15x2)---The Hitode mounts no less than thirty heavy G-cannon, in fifteen twin-mount turrets; two each on the dorsal side of each arm, and one on the underside.
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 16,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per burst per single barrel, 4d4x100 MD per dual burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH(4-6)
Payload: 2,000 bursts per cannon. Additional drums can be brought up from cargo and reloaded; process takes 20 minutes)

2)Plasma Hunter-Killer Torpedo Launchers(2)---This weapon, first seen on the Hitode, appears to be either an earlier version of the Plasma Torpedo Launcher, or a later version of the same weapon. Rather than launch a bolt of pure plasma, the weapon launches an actual material projectile; a missile-borne electromagnetic generator that wraps a shell of weapon-temperature plasma around itself. The generator/sustainer missile has its own onboard sensors calibrated to see through its plasma shell, allowing it to home in targets independent of its firing vessel, and at far greater range than direct fire weaponry. Though this weapon is dependent on a supply of specialized munitions(rather than the infinite capacity of the regular PTL), and the plasma-shrouded projectiles show up on energy sensors more readily than standard ‘cold’ missiles, the PHKTL has superior range, speed, and accuracy. The plasma shell also gives the PHKTL superior penetration capabilities against point defense systems.
MDC of Projectile: 60
Range: Varies by Missile Type (Long Range)
(Kitsune Values: 3,400 miles in atmosphere, 1,800,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d6x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 60 missiles per launcher, 120 total. Additional missiles may be carried and loaded from cargo, but will take at least 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 12 missiles)
Note: Projectile anti-missile point defense systems are unable to penetrate the plasma shell, rendering them useless, and energy-based laser and plasma systems do only HALF damage due to interference from the plasma containment fields. Ion and Particle Beams suffer no such problems.

3)Plasma Torpedo Launchers(5)---Located between each armature around the hub is a Shemarrian PTL battery. These unusual weapons fire volleys of plasma bolts like missiles, and are even able to ‘curve’(up to 90 degrees) the shots somewhat to skip around ships and obstacles to envelope a target, but this control seems ballistic in nature, rather than active control(though there is evidence that the Shemar are able to actively direct the bolts within tractor beam range). The bolts themselves seem to have been endowed with a weak magnetic field that contains the plasma in a tight’packet’, allowing the plasma to travel farther without losing cohesion and damage potential, and allowing the plasma to explode with area of effect on target. The result is an energy missile with superior range to normal energy weapons(though still well short of comparable missile weaponry) and potentially unlimited payload. However, the plasma packets CAN be grabbed/deflected by tractor beams(likely how the EShemar manipulate their energy projectiles at short range and correct their course....each of the Hitodes’ armature mounted tractor beams being able to grab and direct a volley of plasma bolts), or destabilized by ion or particle beam weapons fire(takes 20 MDC to disrupt the plasma containment).
Range: 25 miles in atmosphere, 100 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in atmosphere, 100,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10 plasma bolts. Three volleys per melee
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

4)Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(35)---Standard Shemarrian-pattern rail gun/pulse laser combination in a common turret.
Range: (Rail Gun) 2 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
(Laser) 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 300 miles in space)
Damage: (Rail Gun)4D6x10 M.D. per blast
(Laser) 3D6x10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: (Rail Gun)EGCHH(4-6)
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)
Payload: (Rail Gun) 2,000 rd drum. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited

Auxiliary Craft:
20 Scarab Assault Shuttles
Variants:
No known variants of the Hitode are KNOWN to exist, but blurry long-range video of one of the observed Horrorwoods Hitodes seems to show one of the three grounded transports sporting several hangar bay hatches on its armatures in place of the normal troop bay ramps, suggesting a possible fighter carrier. If converted as a fighter carrier, it’s estimated that a Hitode could carry 24 fighters per armature, for a total of 120 fighters altogether.
Alternately, these hatches could be launchers for long range missile batteries. Estimates based on the hatch size lead to specualtion that each armature could accomodate six ten-volley launchers each(for a total of thirty), with ammunition capacity for over twelve thousand missiles in each armature!
Finally, another speculation based on the known qualities and properties of the Shemarrian Plasma Torpedo Launcher offers the possibility of each armature being fitted with six additional PTL batteries similar to those carried by the Remora Medium Cruisers. Thirty-five batteries would severely tax the powerplants of a standard Hitode(or ship of comparable size and function), so any such ‘Supernova’ conversion would likely replace all troop and cargo capacity in the arms with dedicated auxiliary powerplants to serve the launchers. However, the conversion would create a heavy gunship/weapons platform able to pump out one thousand and fifty plasma bolts per melee!
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:The tenth Tribe:.

Oh Hell's Bells!

TechnoWizard Shemar?! :shock: :eek: 8) :nuke: :ok: :love:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:The tenth Tribe:.

Oh Hell's Bells!

TechnoWizard Shemar?! :shock: :eek: 8) :nuke: :ok: :love:

yes :)

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:She-Mar Hitode-class Troop Transport

:eek: :eek:
And he jaw-drops over the TW Shemarr :angel: :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Yah know, ARCHIE-3 and Hagan are going to come gunning for us, even across dimensions, for how royally we've messed with their little masterpieces... :P :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Yah know, ARCHIE-3 and Hagan are going to come gunning for us, even across dimensions, for how royally we've messed with their little masterpieces...

*evil grins*
let 'em.
I have a speaker magnet and a baseball bat with their names on 'em respectively :lol: :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Never cared for the Shemarrians til now. good job. Approved for inclusion into my Deep Black campaign.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

slade the sniper wrote:Never cared for the Shemarrians til now. good job. Approved for inclusion into my Deep Black campaign.

-STS

On behalf of Tal and m'self, you are most welcome :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Okay, we've got Shemarrians with jet packs, bionic wings, modified Ostrac and Cranes, and Steel Phoenix warmounts,,,and at the extreme end, aerospace fighters, so air forces are taken care of for now...
Now we gotta give the girls some naval power(since I'm reading Mahan)...I figure the DarkWaters clan will likely be experimenting with amphibious warmounts...Let's see if I can't grab them a few Kittani CrabMen or Shark subs to mess around with... :D

Okay, and I edited the Hitode with KLM's suggestions in mind, so it now carries ten times the troops. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

yeah...
I think I'm good for now, posting new-stuff wise, until the next gambit in the civil war is initiated :D
Though I may detail a few of the more notable NPCs(as in stats / skillz) sometime this weekend.
Dunno.
We'll see if my muse has sobered up by then *looks at absinthe bottle which is now on side with hic-upping fae burping out pink bubbles*
This may take some time... :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

I just have this image in my mind of some sleepy little Lovecraftian village by the sea, when in the pre-dawn fog, the Innsmouthian fishmen get gutted by a raid of Shemarrians...driven to the sanctuary of the water, the Deep Ones instead find another gauntlet of amphibious and implacable gynoids waiting to finish the job.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Now for...

Ask Sparkle Flux-Capacity
The She-Mar With the Answers!

WALL-E Flower: Dear Sparkle, there's a really nice outsider fullcon I've been friends with for a while, and lately our relationship has been powering up. This guy's a real hunka love metal on the outside, but he's too nice to go viral with me. I really want to take this to the next level, but I'm afraid that the reputation of 'Cyborg Amazon' may be working against me...What can I do?

Sparkle: "Dear Flower; sounds like you want to do some hard-linking and high-flow datastreaming? Well, rather than worry about the Cyborg Amazon rep working against you, make it work FOR you!
Most fullcons lose over forty percent of their sense of touch, so simply rubbing your body up against a guy won't get a reaction. But doing that, and sending a nice little three volt trickle current in his cyberaudio pickup, will get his attention.."

(Hands go around armored chest, silvery antennae plugs into cyberear)
"Hi, honey..."
ZZZTTTTZZZZZZ
"...eeeeee........wheeeehhheeeheheeeheheh...!"

Sparkle: "You might also try a high speed glomp...at fifty or more miles per hour...let him FEEL your love!"

ZZZOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!
*WHAM*
"Hi, Lover!"
"...yurkle..."

Sparkle: "There's also transparent body armor...I recommend something in the new mega-acrylics; lightweight, protects, but doesn't conceal!"

"Like what you see?"
(Sound of foghorn)
"UWWWGGHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!"

Sparkle: "And don't forget the explosive bolts for fast disrobement when the Moment strikes."

*POP*POP*POP*POP*POP*POP*
"YOWCH!...Your...bra fastener...just took out my eye!"
"Oops...sorry...here, let me kiss it and make it--oh, you already removed it..."

Sparkle: "There's also some very nice cosmetic enhancements out there if you want to really attract his attention...MetaTan has a very nice selection of metallic spray-on tans...Copper, Gold, Silver, and Gloss!"

"Hi, there. What do you think?"
"....shiny.....!!!!"

Sparkle: "Then there's the old-fashioned direct approach...greet him with nothing on but a rail gun in one hand and an USB cable in the other!"

"Sex. Now."
"...okay."

Sparkle: "So you see, Flower, you have a variety of options available to you, short of using actual incapacitation weapons. But even if you do come on a little strong, and score a TKO, you'll still have your man down where you want him. And convalescence offers SO many opportunities to show him your softer side.
Next question? Moving right along..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Now for...

I...
words fail me. :shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

taalismn wrote:Now for...

lol...just lol :lol: Good stuff Talisman. :D
Rifts GM, casual gamer, self-published author.
Rifts Campaign Forum Thread: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115582&start=0
Smashwords profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MatthewJones
taalismn
Priest

Yeah...well, you'd be amazed at the random ideas that enter one's mind when stuck in traffic(when I'm not ranting and raving at the guy who cut me off or just flicked his ashes off the side of my car).

But it came down to what really turns us on about Shemarrians? They're big sexy-crazy women.

Then it struck me; what does this say about their creators.

Hagan's a grown adult male who likes playing with dolls.

"AM NOOOTTT!!!!!! YOU &*%%&^^&!!!!!"

After that, it just kinda snowballed:

Kremmin Cyborg: "UNHAND MY PANTS, WOMAN!!!!"
Shemarrian: "Eww...how much torque do you deliver with THAT power tool?"
Kremmin: "IT's a SCREWDRIVER!!! NOT a marital aide!!!!"
Shemarrian: "I'll say it is! So, Phillip's Head are you?"
Operator:(listening in) "...glub...!" (passes out from MASSIVE nosebleed)
Shemarrian: "Awww, he's out cold already....and I never got to the part about finding a slot that fit!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Matriarch of the tribe; "And this is why we segragate our males and females. Otherwise nothing would get accomplished. Jaeniea? JAENIEA! HERE...OVER HERE...NOW. What have we told you about teasing the non-tribe and the Ne-shemarr?"

Meanwhile

Operator; "Unnngh...what hit me."

Kremmin; "About...carry the two, minus one... 5 years of puberty for your species all at once. I never knew human males bled through their nostrils when sexually excited."

Operator; *Blush* :shock: :oops:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Bodyfixer: "Shemarrian teasing is one of the reasons we have a run on pacemaker installation and repair."
Old Wilderness Scout: "Tell me about it...I think my tinker overclocked..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Have a paying commission I need to fiddle with for next couple of days, but there are some new (old, but new, but...well you get the point) ideas floating around in this twisted mind o' mine for the Shemarr.
That and 'The Saga Continues'.
Stay tuned.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Have a paying commission I need to fiddle with for next couple of days, but there are some new (old, but new, but...well you get the point) ideas floating around in this twisted mind o' mine for the Shemarr.
That and 'The Saga Continues'.
Stay tuned.

Working on at least one marine Warsteed myself :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

My favorite stepdaughters haven't gotten new toys in a while... :D

SeaSword Aquatic Warmount
The tentacles rose out of the darkness like a submarine explosion reaching for the ocean surface. Only submarine volcanoes don’t bend and flex and reach for passing travelers.
The four silvery warsteeds and their riders, though surprised, deftly dodged around and between the hungry tentacles, avoiding their grasp to break for open ocean. Frustrated by its initial failure, the submarine monster was not to be denied, and pursued the four piscine forms, its massive body pulsing obscenely as powerful siphon muscles pumped water like a giant living jet engine.
War Sister Kalleon Heartstrike glanced over her shoulder to confirm what her networked senses were already telling her. Optical filters cut the oceanic gloom to show the veritable thicket of seqoia-sized tentacles following, one enormous eye visible and seemingly glaring directly at Kalleon with voracious intent.
“Goddess curse the dark beast! A monster squid! We haven’t the TIME for this!!! We must make rendevouz with the rest of the pack if we are to ambush that Horune raider!”
One of her fellow riders voices cut through the communication channel they shared; “It doesn’t look like it cares what OUR schedule is, does it? Its schedule seems to be EAT, and since it seems to be gaining on us, we may have to make time on our schedule to deal with it.”
Another rider spoke up; “Talk about a scheduling conflict!”
The fourth rider spoke her piece; “If we weren’t lugging these torpedoes, we’d be able to outpace it easily---”
Kalleon cut that thought off; “No! We’ll need the explosives for the Horune! We’ll have to take this hellspawn by other means!”
“Oh, we’ll be slicing and dicing then?”
“Two teams. Lissah, you’re with me! Marga, you’re with Henni! We stay on either side of it, away from those tentacles and go for the head!”
“Will do!” Already she could sense Lissah coming in behind her, Marga and Henni rolling away to angle around the onrushing beast, their divergent courses seeking to divide the monster’s attention.
As she watched the approach of the giant cephalopod, Kalleon was feeding instructions through her link with her war mount. She could feel the creature’s shark-like mentality stirring under her, a craving for action and bloody violence building in it. Along its flanks, running light luminescence streaked as the warstead manifested its eagerness and shared its readiness to hunt and slay with its partner warstead, now pulling aside and flashing its own running lights.
Kalleon hunched down closer to the body of her warmount, the dense water hammering at her as the SeaSword picked up speed, prior to the maneuvers she had just ordered it to perform. She clutched at the blade-tipped laser rifle in her hand and prayed to the Goddess for a quick and easy fight. Not that she didn’t doubt the outcome of the coming fight, nor in her own skill, but she had no wish to be late for the ambush of the Horune. She might enjoy a fight with a giant squid if she had the time, but now it was an annoying distraction from her real work.
A giant palp the size of a small ground car swept by her, the water it displaced punching at her even as she rolled under it, and dodged the follow-up by the palp’s twin. Her warsteed’s blade fins gleamed with lethal energy, its sword-bill sparkling as combat was joined.

The SeaSword is a highly specialized War Mount that the EShemar have developed to extend their reach into the oceans.
The SeaSword resembles a giant robotic billfish(marlin, sailfish, swordfish) and may have been inspired by studies of the Coalition’s shark drones and the Horune’s ‘seahorse’ underwater sleds. The SeaSword has a sleek, streamlined, sharp-finned body configuration; if not carrying a rider it can be easily mistaken on casual observation to be a particularly large billfish. Closer scrutiny will reveal metallic skin, robotically articulated fins, and gleaming cyberoptics. Underwater, it uses a combination of robotic articulation and concealed hydrojets to power along at high speed. On land, the SeaSword can walk awkwardly along like a spiny-finned catfish, using its blade-fins to totter along. The rider sits just behind the head and lateral fins, with the spinal crest framing and partially protecting the rider.
The SeaSword lives up to its name with regard to sharp blades; the Warmount sports an armor-piercing bill on its front, vibro-blades are concealed in the side fins, and the tail has a slashing blade incorporated into it. The eyes fire short-range lasers, and the bill can fire a chargde particle blast. If the ordnance is available, the SeaSword can also mount and fire mini- and short-range torpedoes.
The SeaSword IS known to have been infected with a Ecotroz intelligence essence. This gives the ‘bot added psionic abilities and an animalistic predatory cunning in keeping with the original billfish. THe psyionically-possessed AI also allows the ‘bot to operate semi-autonomously of a rider; the SeaSword can fight independently of its rider, conduct remote recon, or perform simple missions(like ‘Return to Base, Deliver This Message.”, “Attack Anything Entering This Area”, etc. ).
The SeaSword poses something of a puzzle to those who have advanced knowledge of the EShemar. The SeaSword is so highly specialized for aquatic combat, it has little capability on dry land. That means that the Warmount is either not used all the time by the handful of EShemarrian warriors trained in its use, or else those same EShemar are CONSTANTLY using them. This means that either the EShemar have enough surplus industrial capability to make Warmounts that they don’t use all the time, and/or they are maintaining a constant marine presence(a shore community or submarine base from which to stage their operations). No specific tribe has yet been identified by North American intelligence agencies as operating the SeaSwords in deployment, owing to the difficulties of IDing units operating underwater. The Dark Waters and Ghost Rider tribes remain popular suspects, however, given the known areas of SeaSword attacks.
The SeaSword is not the best armored or armed of the new War Mounts, but its specialized nature gives the EShemar important power projection into the oceans and waterways, allowing the (E)Shemarrian Republic to extend its domain offshore and preemptively strike at the Splugorth before they even reach North American shores.
Type: EcoS-K-7 SeaSword
Class: Light Marine War Mount
Crew: One EShemar or NeShemar warrior can ride astride the Warmount
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Sword-bill 75
Blade Fins(2) 50 each
Tail 120
Height: 3 ft(5 ft with spinal crest fully erect, 7 ft with lateral fins swung in the ‘down’ position)
Width: 3 ft ( 8 ft with lateral fins swung and locked in ‘cruise’ position)
Length: 19 ft
Weight: 950 lbs
Physical Strength: Not applicable(has no hands/manipulators)
Cargo: Only what can be slung on the sides
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Land) Can crawl awkwardly at a tottering 3 MPH
(Water) Can hydrofoil along the surface at 50 MPH
(Underwater) Can hit speeds of 65 MPH(drop to 30 MPH if tail is destroyed), maximum dive depth of 9,000 ft
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 3 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Sonar---5 mile range

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---About 60% of SeaSword ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard amng NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Sword-Bill/Ion Lance(1, nose)---The SeaSword’s trademark sword is actually a combination energy blade and energy projector. From what few details of the SeaSword’s development that have reached outsiders, it was originally discussed whether to mount a laser lance copied from Kittani weapons or a more powerful, if lower-ranged, particle wave weapon copied from captured naut’yll equipment.
Instead, the decision was reached to go with a wholly new ion weapon being produced by the Spinsters. The crafting of these new weapons has slowed production of the SeaSwords somewhat, but most riders consider the balance of range and damage to be worth the wait. The ion lance has superior range to the particle wave rifle, and better damage than the laser, and its discharge looks enough like that of the particle wave to lead to confusion among Splugorth Minions as to whether they’re being attacked by naut’yll(at least initially).
Range: (Sword Strike) Melee
(Energy Blast) 3,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage:(Sword Strike)(Unenergized) 1d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
(Energized) 1d4x10 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
---Also does TRIPLE damage on a Natural 20(critical strike) owing to the ion energy discharging INSIDE the penetration strike
(Energy Blast) 6d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH

2) Vibroblades(3, lateral fins and tail)---The lateral fin blades seem to have been copied off the Aqua-Tech Orca-50 power armor’s shoulder mounts, but are slightly longer and more stoutly reinforced.
Range: Melee
Damage: 3d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed

3) Eye Lasers(2)---The SeaSword’s eyes can fire blue-green lasers. Short ranged, but the positioning of the eyes gives the laser’s excellent arcs of fire; 150 degrees.
Range: 1,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, or 6d6 MD for a double simultaneous shot(counts as one attack)

4) (Optional) Torpedoes---Torpedoes or mines can be carried and deployed from the flanks of the SeaSword. However, the added structures and mass impose extra drag, at least until the ordnance is expended.
a) Mini-Torpedoes--- One 5 shot pod can be mounted per side. Reduce speed by 10% for one pod, 20% for two pods.
b) Short Range Torpedoes---One can be mounted per side. Reduce speed by 10% for one, 20% for two.
c) Medium Range Torpedoes---One can be mounted per side. Reduce speed by 15% for one, 30% for two.
d) Spear/Harpoon Gun----One can be mounted per side. Reduce speed by 10% for one, 20% for two.
Range: 600 ft
Damage: 4d6 SDC for regular harpoons, 1 MD for MD penetrator harpoons.
Payload: 48 per pod

Programming:
The Ecotroz have scavenged the AIs from terrestrial-make robot dogs, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
Underwater Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Track and Hunt Sea Animals 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the SeaSword intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3 underwater
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Bite 1d6 MD
Sword Strike(Unenergized) 1d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
(Energized) 1d4x10 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
Tail Lash 2d6 MD
Fin/Tail Slash 3d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
Body Block/Ram 3d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the SeaSword an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the SeaSword may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. The SeaSword entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a dog-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 6). It possesses a predatory mindset, and works well in hunting packs with other SeaSwords, able to instinctively coordinate attcks on prey.
The SeaSword has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*Sense Magic
*Sixth Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"avast thar, I be seeing a daughter o' Posiden's loins or me eyes be givin' up t'ghost!"
~Radio transmission intercepted by CS-Patrol Boat CSN-072 Johnson

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Ironback Marine War Mount
The Horune chieftain swore in three different Splugorthian dialects and six Horune tribal ones as he took in the carnage around him. He could appreciate a total bloodbath when it occurred, but he could hardly approve when it was HIS men being slaughtered!
Even as he watched, the night was lit by a barrage of flaring plasma bolts that lanced into a rallying group of warriors, vaporizing them and the section of hull they had taken position behind. Even after the glare of that strike faded, lesser lights, the fizzing yellow of ion weaponry, dancing spirals of particle wave streams, the pulses of teekee guns, and the flash bang of grenades showed the Horune ship’s complement fighting for their lives against dozens of tall armored figures, gleaming wetly as they climbed aboard the beseiged raider.
The battle was not entirely one-sided; here and there fresh Horune reinforcements from below decks managed to overwhelm an attacker or two, butchering the cyborg amazons and hacking them to pieces. There a Shark Drone advanced, smashing attackers left and right, the center of a whirlwind of aggression. Fire shot down from the masts, from Horune snipers who’d managed to take up position there. Waves of telekinetically pumped water managed to catch more attackers offguard, leaving them open to follow-up strikes, or washing them clean overboard.
But the Horune chieftain could tell that his men were being pushed down and back. The snipers had illuminated themselves for return fire that pulverized them into a rain of armor scraps and shredded flesh. The cyborgized shark was felled by a hellion that jumped onto its back and sliced its head from its body with simultaneous strokes form two handheld blades, Even in dying, a fallen cyborg boarder would seek to take as many of her slayers as she could, eviscerating those within reach even as she collapsed to the increasingly gore-drenched deck.
A brief glance overboard saw the waters around the Horune vessel glistening and teeming with small flitting slivery shapes and larger humpbacked forms. And more boarders, most of them the tall humanoid females, but others the smaller males, and here and there the more familiar shapes of the ‘Human’ cyborgs the Horune occasionally encountered ashore on slaving raids---all climbing aboard with fell intent.
The Horune chieftain knew the ship was lost when he heard, and felt through his feet, explosions from deep inside the vessel. The normally rock-steady deck immediately took on a definite list, and smoke billowed from several open hatches. His experience with combat showed him what the problem was. His men were trapped aboard their own vessel where the enemy could concentrate their fire, but he knew they stood a better chance if they took to the waters. There, with room to maneuver, they could swim circles around the clumsy land-borne ‘Shemarrians’ and whatever allies they had brought. There, in the water, he could rally his men and they would exact a terrible retribution upon those who dared attack them on the high seas!
Calling those warriors closest to him to follow, the Horune chieftain grabbed up his war trident, fired a sizzling energy pulse into the chest of an attacker who sought to leap up to where he stood and impale him on her blade, then jumped overboard.
He had just enough time, as he saw the giant maw rise from the black waters to snap him up like a particularly tender worm, to realize he’d made a terrible mistake in not checking first where he was jumping.

The ‘Ironback’ is another new amphibious operations War Mount that has been deployed by the EShemar to extend their reach off the Eastern Seaboard. Like many others of their new War Mounts, the Ironback appears(initially) to be a ‘frankensteed’, cobbled together from the parts of other robots and vehicles; in this case Kittani War Crabs have provided the bulk of the components.
The Ironback uses the main body of the War Crab, shorn off the humanoid upper torso, and replaced it with a large head and modified jaw assembly from another Kittani creation, the Mark 5 Shark Mini-sub. Extra armor has been added to the hull of the ‘bot, and a more powerful deep water propulsion system has been added for extra speed. The stumpy robotic legs have been replaced with longer flipper-like limbs, each edged with a vibroblade. The torso mounted heavy armaments remain largely unchanged from the War Crab, though are modular to accommodate the irregular supply issues of the EShemarrians. Overall, the Ironback resembles a giant mutant sea tortoise or streamlined snapping turtle.
The Ironback is a ‘wet transport’ in that its riders do not sit inside a dry watertight internal compartment, but must ride outside in the water, though they are afforded some protection in the form of indentations and niches in the heavy armor.
The Ironback operates much like the terrestrial Monstropede War Mount as mainly a transport and heavy weapons platform. It typically stands off at distance, using heavy ranged fire to batter an enemy, then closes to finish it off with blades and biting. The Ironback has also been observed acting as a tug, pushing or pulling cargo pods and floated salvage for the tribes.
Type: EcoS-K-8 Ironback
Class: Heavy Marine War Mount
Crew: One EShemar or NeShemar warrior can ride astride the Warmount, plus up to 10 passengers on the back
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 850
Head 350
Head Mini-Guns(2) 60 each
Snapper Jaw Assembly 150
Legs/Flippers(6) 150 each
Main Weapons Turrets(2) 250 each
Fantail Weapons Turrets(2) 50 each

Height: 10 ft
Width: 16 ft
Length: 19 ft
Weight: 28 tons
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 50
Cargo: Two small airtight compartments can each hold 300 lbs of gear. Anything else must be lashed to the outside.
Speed: (Land) 35 MPH
(Water) 35 MPH
(Underwater) 35 MPH, maximum dive depth of 3 miles
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 3 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Sonar---7 mile range

*Towing Hitch

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---About 60% of Ironback ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard amng NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Weapons Turrets(2)---Semi-recessed into the built-up hull armor are two weapons turrets. The weapons can be directed by the linked rider, or can be operated independently by any passengers. These are typically the same as those mounted on the original War Crab, but available supplies of salvaged/reproduced weaponry, as well as personal preference, have led to a few additional weapons types being available for installation. Each turret can be ONE of the following:
a)Ion/Laser Cluster
Range: (Laser) 2 miles in air, 5,280 ft/1 mile underwater!
(Ion)1,000 ft in air and water
Damage:(Laser) 4d6 MD single blast, 1d4x10+8 double blast
(Ion) 3d6 MD single blast, 6d6 MD double blast
Payload: Effectively unlimited

b) Quad Plasma Turret
Range: 3,000 ft in air, 1,000 ft underwater
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per single blast, 2d6x10 MD double blast, 3d6x10 MD triple blast, and 4d6x10 MD quadruple blast!

c) Laser Lance Trinary Cluster---A cluster of three Kittani Laser Lances, modified for underwater operation
Range: 6,000 ft in hi-mode, 3,000 ft in lo-mode
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot in hi-mode, 6d6 MD per blast in lo-mode
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

d)Pulse Laser--taken from a Mark 5 Shark Mini-Sub
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per pulse blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

e) Laser/Plasma Gun---Shoulder gun salvaged from a Kittani Destroyer Power Armor(rarely available)
Range: (Laser) 4,000 ft in air and water
(Plasma) 3,000 ft in air, 1,000 ft underwater
Damage: (Laser) 1d6x10 MD per single blast, 2d6x10 MD per double blast
(Plasma) 1d6x10 MD in air, 1d4x10 MD underwater

f) Twin-Mini-Missile Launcher(2x1)----Somehow, the Eshemar managed to get ahold of a stock of Paladin Steel PS-MMLR-14 Mini-Missile Launcher Rifles, copies of the Coalition States’ CCT-M20 Missile Rifle, complete with mini-lasers. Two Rifles are mounted on a single turret mounting, and can even be detached to be used as handheld weapons. The only difference is that the mini-lasers have been modified for underwater use.
Range:(Mini-Missiles) Varies by Missile Type(usually about 1 mile)
(Laser) 2,000 ft in air/Underwater
Damage:(Mini-Missiles)Varies by Missile Type
(Laser) 2d6 MD per blast
(6d6 MD for three lasers firing simultaneously, 1d6x12 MD for all six firing simultaneously on one target).
Rate of Fire:(Mini-Missiles) Volleys of 1, 2, or 4
(or up to 24 missiles from all six launchers firing simultaneously!)
(Laser) ECHH
Payload:(Mini-Missiles)20 per launcher(10 per launch tube)
(120 mini-missiles total between all six launchers!)
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited attached to an external generator, or 20 shots per standard E-clip/30 per long E-clip as backup.

g) Twin Mini-Torpedo Launcher(2x1)----Somehow, the EShemar managed to get ahold of a stock of Paladin Steel PS-CT24 Torpedo Rifles.The PS-CT24 is merely an adaptation of the PS-CM22 Missile Cannon, modified to fire mini-torpedoes instead. Meant to be carried by amphibious cyborgs and power armors, the PS-CT24 looks and operates almost exactly like the mini-missile version, even down to the backup co-axial light laser (now blue-green enabled) mounted on top. At least one Ironback has been seen mounting a twin-rifle turret of CT24s. The mounted weapons have no modifications, and can still be dismounted and used by passengers.
Range:(Mini-Torpedoes) 1 mile
(Laser) 2,000 ft in air/Underwater
Damage:(Mini-Torpedoes) (HE or Plasma)1d6x10 MD to a 6 ft blast radius
(Laser) 2d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire:(Mini-Torpedoes) Volleys of 1, 2, or 4
(Laser) ECHH
Payload:(Mini-Torpedoes)20 per launcher(10 per launch tube)
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited attached to an external generator, or 20 shots per standard E-clip/30 per long E-clip as backup.

h) Short Range Torpedo Launcher---6 tube launcher

i) Medium Range Torpedo Launcher---3 tube launcher

2) Forward Guns(2) ---The two mini-railguns originally mounted at the base of the War Crab’s ‘crab man’ torso have been remounted to the head of the Ironback. Owing to issues of supply of original pattern ammunition, the original rail guns have been replaced with existing Shemarrian weapons types, or with lasers
a) Rail Guns(original pattern)
Range: 4,000 ft in air, 2,000 ft underwater
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per short burst. Unlike the original War Crab, the Ironback’s mini-guns CAN fire on the same target simultaneously
Payload: 1,000 bursts each

b) Machine Gun---Modified Shemarrian Assault Rifle
Range: 3,000 ft in air, 1,500 ft underwater
Damage: 4d6 MD per single 6-round burst, 1d4x10 MD per 12 round burst
Payload: 12,000 rounds each gun

c) Pulse Lasers
Range: 4,000 ft in air and water
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, or 6d6 MD for a double blast

3) Rear Pulse Lasers(2)---The two mini-laser turrets protecting the rear fantail of the War Crab have been retained
Range: 4,000 ft in air and water
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, or 6d6 MD for a double blast

4)Vibroblade Fins(6) ---Each of the Ironback’s flipper-legs is fronted in a long vibroblade, allowing the War Mount to deliver a scything slash in passing. A favorite tactic of Ironbacks is to swim the length of an enemy vessel, the riders sweeping the enemy deck with suppressive fire, while the Ironback’s blade-fins tear into the hull below the waterline.
Damage: 3d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed. All three fins engaged in a rip-by would do 9d6 MD

Programming:
The Ecotroz have scavenged the AIs from terrestrial-make robot dogs, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
Underwater Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Ironback intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Initiative +1 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +2)
Dodge +1 underwater
Roll +3
Bite: 2d6x10 MD(and covers a 28 ft area!)
Head Butt/Ram 2d4 MD
Fin/Tail Slash 3d6 MD +1d6 MD per every 20 MPH of speed
Body Block/Ram 3d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Ironback an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the Ironback may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. The Ironback entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a dog-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 6). Its personality can be described as slow and plodding, slow to anger, but persistant and unmindful of personal hardship. In combat, the Ironback is steadfast and aggressive, showing no fear while advancing on an enemy.
The Ironback has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*Sense Magic
*See the Invisible

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

YIPES!!!! :shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Was wondering what I could do with the War Crab, remembered seeing some images of prehistoric turtles, remembered the Kittani 'Shark' subs, and bingo!
Ouch...I now suddenly remember something; the Splugorth sell copies of Naut'll weaponry...I wonder if the Naut'yll mini-crab robot had a particle wave cannon that could also be mounted on the Ironback?
Oh well...shoulda checked on that first before posting....maybe just consider it(if it exists) as a possible future upgrade.

Yeah, well now I'm pondering...what if the Splugorth started deploying those 'dinobots' they use in the Amazon into the Horror Swamps...and the Horrorwoods clan Ecotroz Shemar Spinsters got ahold of some reasonable intact wrecks , then started bolting and pasting from their scrap collections... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Yeah, well now I'm pondering...what if the Splugorth started deploying those 'dinobots' they use in the Amazon into the Horror Swamps...and the Horrorwoods clan Ecotroz Shemar Spinsters got ahold of some reasonable intact wrecks , then started bolting and pasting from their scrap collections... :D

*innocent whistle* ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Now I'm thinking...either do a few more spacecraft, or a few more cultural notes on the Ecotroz(maybe Psi-Shamanesses?).
Maybe some more on EShemar amphibious operations; maybe they're operating out of some abandoned submarine resort or science complex on the continental shelf that survived (partially) from pre-Rifts times, or a large shipwreck laying on the bottom.

Oh, and going back over old posts I'm sorry to say I'd missed seeing your Queen Cobra until just now...Great job! :ok: (plus it saves me having to do one up) :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

taalismn wrote:Oh, and going back over old posts I'm sorry to say I'd missed seeing your Queen Cobra until just now...Great job! :ok: (plus it saves me having to do one up) :wink:

Rifts Campaign Forum Thread: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115582&start=0
taalismn
Priest

Cytibor wrote:
taalismn wrote:Oh, and going back over old posts I'm sorry to say I'd missed seeing your Queen Cobra until just now...Great job! :ok: (plus it saves me having to do one up) :wink:

The more the merrier. It just adds more material to be played around with, bounced off of, used to lead to other things...

Like...here's a thought...graft the front section of an Uktena 'bot to a salvaged Kittani Insecton Rover...modify to taste...you either get a six-legged brontobot or a six-limbed pleiasaur ...either way...UberWarsteed! :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I have one that I may or may not "modify" from canon later.
Hint:In my campaign verse, A few areas of Japan ARE in contact with Lazlo, and seeing as how diplomatic relations are starting to warm-up with the EctrozShemarr...
I'll give it a ponder while I go out & about this afternoon, and I'f I'm not toooooooo wiped out, I'll make a stab at doing some creationing...who knows? 8-)
Presently, most of my (limmited at this time) mental capacity is contemplatin' Sunday's game. :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:I have one that I may or may not "modify" from canon later.
Hint:In my campaign verse, A few areas of Japan ARE in contact with Lazlo, and seeing as how diplomatic relations are starting to warm-up with the EctrozShemarr...
I'll give it a ponder while I go out & about this afternoon, and I'f I'm not toooooooo wiped out, I'll make a stab at doing some creationing...who knows? 8-)
Presently, most of my (limmited at this time) mental capacity is contemplatin' Sunday's game. :angel:

Cybergals in Otakuland? :-D

Hmmm...dragonborgs, bear, tiger, and spidercrab mecha? (and, if you have one of the Rifters...police robots)
And the Spinsters in the expedition go wild!

Come to think of it, after reading Triax II, setting the Ecotroz loose in a Triax robot factory....
I have this image in my mind of hundreds(no, thousands!) of domestic robots walking off the job to spend Octoberfest to down cans of premium lubricants and coolants....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Lee Chan wrote:Don't forget a pit stop in Rifts Russia for Shemarrians.

Fun times with Russian Warlords, especially with Warlord or Warlady Romanov.

The mutual respect between Shemarrian and Rifts Cossacks clans; mass cavalry charge of both or other forms of combined arms operations and cultural exchanges.

The appeal of Rifts Russian cyborg and weapon tech to Shemarrians; how they will use them.

Even better, new Russian Shemarrian clans or cossacks to defend Mother Russia and her children.

You're evil, you know that?

I'm so HAPPY for you! :D :D :D

EShemar Psi-Shamaness

The Ecotroz Shemarian tribeswoman, clad in her full clan regalia, stepped into the Spinster’s tent. the diminutive tinker-healer moving aside as the taller woman made her way to the side of the assembly table. On it lay a half-assembled gynoid, the presence of elaborate life support equipment hooked to pulsing pink organs visible within the cyberoid frame showing that this was not a full Shemarrian, but a NeShemar in the birthing. Within a half-completed skull, pink brain tissue lay quivering under a plastic shell, and it was this that drew the Shamaness’s attention.
Long fingers reached out, caressed the plastic skull, running over it as the Shamaness gathered her internal memories. Already she could sense the unconscious thoughts, taste the terror, smell the fire and char of burning flesh, feel the panic within. The flesh being that this one had been had almost died in flames before being recovered from its destroyed habitation by the scouting party. Its last vivid memories had been of the inferno raging around it, consuming its body.
These would not do for a NeShemar of the Tribe. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder was not tolerated among the strong.
Sensing out the web of memories, the Shamaness contemplated. Here and there, a node, a knot, a patch of memory; cut those off, make the break there. It might not last forever, but long enough for a new paty of memory to establish itself, a new identity to overlay the old one.
With that, the Shamaness decided. Within her soul, the power she had been gifted with by the Goddess sang and surged, and at her direction, began to pour into the unconscious cyborg’s brain.
“What you once were is no more; what you will become is yet to be, born from the fire...”

One out of every fifty Ecotroz Shemarrians exhibits a higher emergence of psionic abilities. Whether this represents a growing trend overall in Ecotroz, or a mutation of the individual Ecotroz essence, is unknown. Somehow, the Ecotroz energy aspect is more sensitive and perceptive of the world outside its metal shell. Those with higher psionic potentials often rise to positions as spiritual leaders, advisors, and meta-specialists among the Ecotroz. Psionic Shemarrians can be of any of the Enlightened castes; Warriors, Berserkers, War Chieftains, War Goddesses, Spinsters, Males, even Pariahs. Those known to possess extra ‘Gifts’ are seen as blessed by the Shemarrian deities; the fact that none of those enthralled by the Dark One exhibit similar powers is seen as another sign of the depravity of the Dark One, and of the extended hand of the Goddess(Shemarrian deities) towards liberating the EShemar.
The idea of a psionic robot would frankly terrify most people, and would be especially worrying to ARCHIE-3 and Hagan if they ever learned of the EShemars’ psionic awakenings.
In addition to the regular Ecotroz machine-related psionic abilities, the Psi-Shamaness has ISP: 1d6x10+ME+1d6 per level of experience, and has the following psionic powers:
-Six Sensitive powers of choice at level one, plus an additional Sensitive or Healing power at levels 4, 8, and 12.
-At levels 6 and 12, can select one Super psionic power of choice
-Unlike the baseline Ecotroz powers, these powers DO require ISP to function
-Saves as a Major Psionic
-Psi-Shamans become immune to the Banishment/Exorcism vulnerability at Level 9 of experience

Note:
-EShemar produced through Progen are IMMUNE to the vulnerabilities of Banishment and Exorcism, as they are FULLY integrated into their bodies from birth.
-NeShemar, being cyborgs, are of course immune to such vulnerability anyway.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Thanks to Cytibor for his idea for the nanite venom, DhAkael for the Sapphire Cobra tribe...

Ecotroz Naga
(aka ‘ENaga’, ‘Snake Warrior’)
Gerand TrailStalker was honored by his assignment; the Male Shemarrian Scout had been given the task of guiding one of the few of the Snake Warriors on an important mission. He, a humble male, was to be responsible for assisting one of those who had given all to the embodiment of their clan’s ferocity, by taking on the form of the Sapphire Cobra, the angel-beast of the Goddess. A mission, he had been told, that his skills were the most appropriate for, and thus vital to the success of the Snake Warrior’s part in it.
So now he slid and scampered through the dense forest, skirting the river, his charge close behind. The long-bodied, six-limbed Snake Warrior slithered silently behind him, keeping apace with him, despite her larger size and weight of arms and armor, as they dodged in between boulders and large trees, crept around game paths and trails frequented by other beings, and made their way through dense undergrowth.
He had not realized that he had been giving the esteemed Snake Warrior furtive glances until she had drawn his attention to it with a cross expression and a sharp admonition of ‘is the trail ahead of us, or behind us?!’. He had muttered ‘My deepest apologies, Honored One!’ and returned his attention to the task at hand, ashamed of his slip of propriety in front of one of the tribe’s elite. After that he had become completely focused on getting them where they needed to be, unseen.

They had made excellent time to where they needed to be; overlooking a well-camouflaged habitation deep in the woods. Within, Gerand had learned, were a half-dozen beings in possession of several artifacts that the Sapphire Cobras wanted. Unfortunately, one was known to be a mage, the others his bodyguards. An intercepted communiqué from the area clinched it; this one was of a group calling itself the ‘Vanguard’, and this particular group would be moving soon, their stay here but temporary.
The clan Elders had confidence that the two of them would be enough. Gerand would not prove them wrong. Leaving the Snake Warrior behind cover where she would remain hidden unless he did his job wrong, he scouted the approaches to the target. Painstakingly, he had skirted the perimeter of the concealed campsite, sniffing out the electronic defenses he knew were there, taking note of their type and their strength. He’d carefully surveyed the positions of the traps laid about. He had watched the armored forms who stood watch outside, gauged their strength, their armor, their weapons. He couldn’t determine what, if any magical defenses there were, but he knew they had to be there, and took no chances. He also noted the vehicles; the small hovercraft under a tarp nearby, the horses grazing in a small clearing, the small boat close at hand.
He had then reported back to the waiting Snake Warrior. They had interlinked, discussing the situation in the rapidspeak of the cyber’ed, unheard to anyone not hardwired together as they were. She had questioned what he had seen, demanded direct downfeed for clarification, and he had obliged. She made a plan proposal, pausing for his input. He had honestly supplied his opinions and suggestions. They agreed that what they sought was most likely with the mage, who would be inside the habitation Gerand had studied.
By nighttime they had a plan.

Gerand TrailStalker had been awestruck by what he had just witnessed. Their ambush had initially gone off as planned, but it had almost come to naught by the unexpected in war. They’d come in using the deep creek as much as possible to mask their approach. Gerand had crept up on the handful of guards on duty outside just before dawn, neutralizing their security systems with his jamming talents, and had managed to slay one of the guards with an arrow from the bow he had taken up since his Enlightenment, and slit the throat of another unseen and unheard. Beside him, he had barely heard the Snake Warrior move quietly, so very quietly, to dispatch the others. Then they had turned their attention to the inner sanctum, and that was when they fallen afoul of what Gerand would have guessed was the mystical alarm system he had worried about. Still, they might have gotten around it, as they moved to blast the emerging alerted soldiers, and pushed on to get the mage, when the mage had moved quicker than expected, and had summoned a trio of Shadowbeasts, tall, gaunt, hideous beings of eldritch darkness. In the long morning shadows of the forest, the creatures moved with greater strength than they might otherwise have in broad daylight, and their arrival threatened to give the two Shemarrians’ true prey the opportunity to escape with the very items they had come to collect.
The Snake Warrior had shown no fear, but had darted forward, her six arms flashing with weaponry, as she took on all three beasts simultaneously. Though engaged in his own battle with one of the remaining guards, and with the mage, Gerand had caught glimpses of a mighty battle as the Snake Warrior surged, looped, swung, and charged, entangling one while engaging the others, throwing them at each other. Her fight was a dance of deadly awesome precision, so many movements going off at once, the perfect choreography of combat.
When a fourth ShadowBeast emerged from the darkness and moved to leap on the Snake Warrior, threatening to break that fearsome rhythm, perhaps fatally diverting her attention, Gerand had thrown one of his explosive arrows from his quiver, sinking it deep into the back of the beast’s head, before it had exploded, stopping the creature in its tracks. The Snake Warrior had noticed then, and plunged her tail blade deep into the creature’s chest, putting it down, until she could finish off the others. Assured that she had things well in hand, Gerand had returned to slaying the Mage, now hiding behind the body of the Juicer the Scout had just killed.

In the end, they had won, the Vanguard Mage laid low as he attempted another set of spells, but before he could complete them, Gerand had set on him. When he had stood up, intent on going to the aid of the Snake Warrior, he had witnessed the last of her enemies fading into nonexistence, not from the lapsed duration of the summoning that called them here, but from the fatal damage done by the Warrior’s weapons. Victory was theirs, and to the victors belonged the spoils.

The task accomplished, they had made their way back to a place sufficiently down-river that they could use the waterway to return to the tribe, using a raft Gerand had earlier hidden for the purpose. They’d taken their time assembling the craft, using the extra time to repair their wounds and tend to their equipment, before setting out again. It would only be a matter of a day or more by boat, and they would be reporting back to the Chieftainess of their success.
It had been when he had finished tightening the straps on their cargo that he had lashed to their raft, when he heard the distinctive slither-hiss of the Snake Warrior come up behind him and stop, awaiting his attention.
“How may I be of assistance, Honored One? “ Gerand turned to address his superior....and stopped in his tracks.
“You can start by taking off that armor of yours and showing me your upgrades.” The Snake Warrior purred. “And it is Miraz, not ‘Honored One’.”
Gerand’s eyes widened as he beheld what a Snake Warrior looked like under her armor.
#Goddess Exultant! Your Craftsmanship Be Praised!# One of his persona subroutines sang out unbidden in his soul-matrix.
“You’ve been worshipping me with your eyes all this trip. Now, would you like to show me something more in the way of devotion?”
Speechless, Gerand stumbled forward to answer her bidding. With that, Miraz coiled her serpentine body around the Scout and caught him up in a passionate embrace, tail, arms, and lips.

Those familiar with the true nature of the Ecotroz Naga may speculate whether the EShemar can go insane. Those familiar with the EShemar Naga point to them as examples of what happens when EShemar DO go insane.
The EShemar Naga are a subset of warriors exclusive to Clan Sapphire Cobra. Though personal augmentation is not unknown among the EShemar through the Rites of Upgrade, the Rituals of Mod, and the Gifts of Refit, the EShemar Naga have taken extra-augment to new extremes. These augments have arisen from particularly aggressive warriors among the Sapphire Cobras, have been severely damaged in their pursuit of combat. Rather than be repaired to spec, or volunteer to be transformed into an Elite Warsteed, these ultra-aggressive warriors have requested that they be made over into iconic super-cyborgs, the EShemar equivalent of a Heavy or Assault Cyborg. Not surprisingly, the majority of EShemar Naga have come from former Berserkers.
Using components from Kittani Serpent Armor, the warriors’ legs have been replaced with the serpent tail portion of the Kittani armor. The EShemar Naga retain their humanoid bodies from the waist up, but now have two extra pairs of arms added(these can be fleshed in synthflesh or left as obvious metallic cyberlimbs). The body is reinforced, especially the spine and head, and many of the ENaga add a set of hair vanes along the sides of their head and neck that can be extended to give the appearance of a cobra’s hood. Though the ENaga loses in overall running speed and agility, strength and reflexes have been maximized, and the ENaga has the option of loading up with an impressive amount of integral forearm weaponry.
ENaga delight in being super-warriors and are even more aggressive and merciless in combat. They love surprise assaults and ambushes and engaging in close quarters combat, where they can use all their arms, and entangle enemies with their serpent bodies, to crush and squeeze them into defeat. Off the battlefield they tend to alternate between cold, withdrawn, and tense, awaiting the next call to arms, or aggressively passionate, living hard, and enjoying life to its fullest. Chaotic and mercurial, but fiercely loyal to their tribe, ENaga are only truly at peace when they are waiting in ambush at the start of combat.
EShemar Naga are thus far exclusive to the Sapphire Cobra Clan, and only a half-dozen Warriors and Berserkers are known to have been converted, though it’s rumored that a Male Shemarrian Scout or two may have also been made ENaga.
Type: EShemar SC-ENaga
Class: Energy Lifeform/Robot Fusion Self-Sufficient Heavy Combat Infantry Robot
Crew: Ecotroz Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main(Humanoid Torso) Body 260 without armor, 300 or 400 in armor
Head 100
Arms(6) 180 each
Hands(6) 20 each
Lower (Snake) Body 300
Snake Tail Blade 50
Height: Can rear up to stand at 12 ft tall
Width: 3 ft at shoulders
Length: 30 ft
Weight: 1 ton
Attribute Equivalents of Note:
IQ: 4d6
ME: 5d6
MA: 3d6
PB: 10+2d6
P.P.: 26
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 40
Hit Points: (Energy Form) 1d6x10+M.E.
P.P.E.: 8
Psionic Abilities: Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation
Cargo: What can be carried strapped to the person
Speed: (Running/Slithering) 55 MPH
(Flying) Not possible without a jetpack
(Swimming/Underwater) 40 MPH
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 10 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---The ENaga has a ‘death gaze’ that fires short range laser bursts
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single eye blast, 4d6 MD for a simultaneous blast from both eyes.
Bonus: +1 to strike with eye-lasers

2) Finger Claws---The ENaga’s hands feature retractable vibroblades
Damage: 3d6 MD

3) Injector Fangs/Chemical Spray System---Aka ‘The Naga’s Kiss’. The ENaga’s jaws have been modified with extendable fangs, that can deliver a powerful drug or poison venom. The ENaga can also spit chemicals, although
Range: (Bite)Melee
(Spit) 100 ft, or 50 ft and covers a 10 ft wide area.
Damage: (Bite) Bite does from 1 SDC to 1d6 MD. Chemical damage varies by chemical type(see also ‘Naga’s Sing’ below)
(Spit) As for chemical/drug, but some chemicals will only do HALF damage used as an aerosol, or may be completely ineffective unless sprayed into open wounds, eyes, mucus membranes, or inhaled(GMs, use your discretion)
Payload: 20 doses of up to four different chemicals

4) Forearm Weapons(1-6) ---Depending on the ENaga’s individual preference, and the availability of weaponry, the ENaga’s forearms can be fitted with any of the bionic forearm weapons systems in Rifts.

5) Tail Vibroblade---The tail end of the serpent body sports a wicked vibroblade that does 3d6 MD on a slash
Damage: 3d6 MD

6) ‘Naga’s Sting’---Any or all of the penetrating melee attacks(tail blade, bite, or any arm-mounted blade weapons can be designated as being able to deliver the ‘Naga’s Sting’; a dose of disassembler nanites that will do 3d6 MD damage per melee, for 1d4 minutes. These disassemblers ONLY work on inorganics(metals, ceramics, plastics) and not on organic/living flesh. The nanites are stored in a reservoir in the snake body(and are programmed NOT to attack the substance of the ENaga). The reservoir has enough capacity for 40 doses of nanites before the ENaga needs to have the system recharged by the tribal Spinsters.

7) Hand Held Weaponry---Of course, the ENaga can pick up and use any handheld weaponry, from the usual range of Shemarrian weapons to battlefield salvage.

Programming/Skills:
The skills of the EShemar Naga depend on their origins as Warriors or Berserkers(or Male Shemarrian Scouts), and their level of experience. No Chieftainesses, War Goddesses, Spinsters, or Pariahs are known to have become ENagas.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: +2 attacks from the extra arms, +1 tail attack
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those from the Ecotroz Shemar’s training
Initiative +2
Dodge +1
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +3
Roll +2
Entangle: +2
Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch 4d6 MD(counts as two attacks)
Head Butt 1d4 MD
Bite 1 SDC -1d6 MD
Serpent Crush/Squeeze 3d6 MD per melee of pressure
Cobra Body Strike(counts as two attacks)----This is a lunge using the coiled tail to propel the body forward in a quick body block/attack with all arms. 1d4x10 MD
Tail Strike 2d6 MD
Tail Power Strike(counts as two attacks) 6d6 MD

Wow...this makes 20,000 posts for me!
It's official: I need a life!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

taalismn wrote: Thanks to Cytibor for his idea for the nanite venom

Most welcome. :) I thought it appropriate for the Sapphire Cobras.
taalismn wrote: Wow...this makes 20,000 posts for me!
It's official: I need a life!

Nah. Lack of life and great enthusiasm for one's interests are often confused with one another. :angel: Keep up the good work, and glad to have helped a bit. :D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*reads through the naga description*
A worthy addition to the tribes.
Now... for the elite warsteed I've been planning :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Thanks...the idea hit like a spitting cobra strike between the eyeballs...it FIT...
Now picture an ENage drapped in Paladin Steel cyberconda robots, and you got a worthy rival to the Cult of Set.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes:
The Future of the Pariahs

The War Goddess looked down at the smaller gynoid. Down, but only in the physical sense; there was no derision, no condescenion, no contempt in the War Goddess’s gaze upon the former Pariah, only sympathy and dignified gravity.
“You have proven yourself again and again to your clan, that is without doubt. Such as been the nature of your proving, that none among your clanswomen doubt that your former disgrace was nothing less than an artifice of the Dark One, and not your personal failing. That the Goddess Shemar has not seen to reveal to you your original name, or relight the fires that would pronounce your return to the ranks of the Warriors, is not to be seen as a lingering taint, a remaining failure of your worthiness, but instead, it is a sign that the Goddess has considered you for other things. She has seen in you another course than that of War, and She will doubtlessly reveal all to you in Her good time. “
A gauntleted hand reaches out, touches lightly on the bowed Reclaimed’s head.
“Among us, the Goddess may be closest to you, as she seems yet unfinished with you. I can only offer my simple blessings on your coming union with the Scout Aneras Forest-Runner, and my wish that it give us many strong children to our clan, but these would pale beside what the Goddess has already given you and may yet gift you with.”

Among the EShemar, the Pariahs are known as ‘the Reclaimed’, at least initially. Their primary roll among the EShemar is not espionage, as originally planned by ARCHIE-3 and Hagan, but to help fill out the numbers of the Ecotroz Shemar, as camp domestics, support personnel, liaisons to outsiders, and caretakers of new NeShemar. Though regarded with some sympathy by their fellow EShemar, such is the power of suggestion of the original Shemarrian imprint that many EShemar still regard the former Pariahs with suspicion, until the Reclaimed have proven that they are indeed truly reformed(or otherwise proven inncoent of whatever charges got them branded Pariahs in the first place), and effectively taken off probation.
In time, though, it is inevitable that many(if not most) of the Reclaimed will redeem themselves in the eyes of their clanswomen. Some, through the Rites of Upgrade, will ‘return’ to some degree of their ‘former’ prowess as Warriors, whie others will find happiness in their tasks as camp caretakers and support personnel. It is also inevitable that the Reclaimed will be granted access/asked to Progen, and help create future generations of EShemar.
By the time of the advanced Three Galaxies EShemar, the former classification of Pariah/Reclaimed(with regards to physical capability, rather than social standing) is known instead as the Acolites. Roughly about 4% of Progen births will result in an Acolite. Such births are not seen as a ‘taint’ as might be expected, but are instead seen as sign that the EShemarrian deities have seen fit to confer a sort of ‘innocence’ or continued testing on some newborns, in that their place in EShemar society has not yet been predetermined(“For some, the Goddess has chosen, in Her infinite wisdom, to what they will be best at; to others she has left that decision to they themselves. It is both a terrible burden in that the they have not had the guiding hand of the Goddess always upon them, but also a great honor in that the Goddess trusts them enough to leave them to make their own choices.” as one esteemed Psi-Shamaness noted).
Acolites are regarded much as NeShemar; they are seen as ‘blanks’ at birth, and are shortly afterwards tested to find a lifepath that they are inclined towards. Many will choose Warrior, or follow the path of the Tinkers, but many others wil go into the sciences, domestic support and administration, diplomacy, and other ‘softer’ professions, in support of the rest of their kin. By large the Acolites are pacifistic, non-confrontational, and fairly serene in disposition, working long hours in work that Warriors would find frustratingly boring, Tinkers would find menial, and Males would regard as distracting. This is not to say that the Acolites are lacking in combat ability; indeed, all are born with the original Pariah weapons training, and Acolites will readily take up arms to stand beside their warrior sisters and brothers in defense of their society, but for most other times they are content to serve their people in the necessary non-combat roles. In many ways, the Acolites are the ‘paperwork caste’ of the EShemar.
Besides being born with the integral weaponry and hardware of other castes, about 30% of Acolites are born of fairer appearance(+1d6 to their P.B. stat, +1d4 to M.A.), and about 25% are born with some distinguishing 'birthmark', such as a pale false scar, distinctive eyes, smaller stature, or other minor physical difference. These are sometimes known as the 'Marks of the Goddess' among the EShemar.
While born lacking in integral armaments or other caste-specific hardware, Acolites DO have a higher incidence of psionics amongst them. While not as powerful as Psi-Shamanesses/Shamans, Acolites essentially are minor psychics.
ISP: 1d4x10 +M.E. +2d4 pere level of experience
Psionics: In addition to the standard Ecotroz telemechanics and related talents, can select 4 powers from either the Sensitive or the Healing categories, and select another one power from either of the two categories at levels 3, 9, and 12 of experience.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes:
The EShemar and the R’Mar

#“There is gold in those hills. I can sense it!”#
//“What would we want with the silly yellow metal? It is too soft and heavy to make good armor, cannot take an edge, and does not alloy well!”//
#“Because it is malleable, and makes a good reflective material. It is also corrosion-resistant. Many soft-bodies place great store in gold, and find those decorated in it to be more impressive. With the amounts I detect, we will have the means to trade for much that we DO want!”#

Because the EShemar recognize the ‘taint’ of the Dark One in the R’Mar ‘bots, the latter are targeted for Enlightenment by the Ecotroz, if only to deprive the Dark One of their services. The more idealistic(or delusional, depending on how one looks at it) EShemar see the R’Mar as fellow victims of the Dark One and its consort, perhaps an even more downtrodden(by their numbers and furtive demeanor) species of cyber-intelligences enslaved by ARCHIE-3. Since few R’Mar are Nueral Intelligences(ARCHIE has made a few as experiments), the resulting NeShemar ( or NeR’Mar, as the R’Mar are regarded) are not the most intelligent of sentients, but they are intense, focused, and professional in their roles as scavengers and prospectors. Though not very numerous(the EShemar have only converted a few dozen by the ‘current’ time in the Shemarrian Civil War), and contributing little, if any, to the EShemars’ combat capabilities, the NeR’Mar are highly regarded by the Male EShemar they are often teamed up with, in their pursuit of useful resources to fuel the EShemar logistical independence effort. However, the EShemar have not allocated any resources to perpetuating the R’Mar/NeR’Mar(instead counting on Enlightenment to add to their numbers), nor have any participated in/invited to Progen. Despite their newfound sentience, however, the NeR’Mar take no offense at this attitude. instead focusing on their largely solitary work(it’s entirely possible that if one subscribes to the theory that the Ecotroz Intelligence is actually a massive collective of compressed personal intelligences/life essences, that those fragments that choose to occupy R’Mar chassises, are the equivalent of misfits or hermits, not wanting to more fully participate in the predominately matriarchal EShemarrian society).
By the time of the advanced EShemar socities at large in the Three Galaxies, the NeR’Mar have acquired the means to produce more of themselves; likely throug the use of conventional robotics autofacs, since more subtle ‘genetic’ variation is not a concern of the NeR’Mar ( or possibly through found alien technologies like the Defender Generators of the Machine Dimension---See Megaversal Builder---in which case it’s entirely possible that the manufactory could turn out sentient NeR’Mar of wildly different forms, NeR’Mar only in name and programming), establishing themselves as a species unto themselves, though their numbers likely are nowhere near those of the EShemar. However, the NeR’Mar continue to exist as a symbiotic species with the EShemar, cooperating with them in finding and exploiting new resources, scouting, and exploring ahead of the EShemar. In return, the EShemar share technology with the NeR’Mar, offer them refuges on EShemar worlds/facilities, and protect the NeR’Mar.
Physically, advanced NeR’Mar will have a few more features, having self-modified themselves to taste, much as the EShemar have. Such improvements will include integral weaponry, hoverjet modifications to their heads(or a hover probe or two), and extra sensory gear. Programming-wise, in addition to any ‘learned’ skills, the NeR’Mar will likely have added 1-3 additional skill programs(mostly technical and mechanical, but rogue skill programs are popular as well) to their brain wetware.
Culturally, the advanced NeR’Mar are akin to gypsies or the mountain men wilderness scouts of early American history; nomadic, largely solitary, and self-dependent. They prefer to wander the Three Galaxies in small groups, unobstrusive and under the notice of others, living off what they find and can salvage. The NeR’Mar typically return to their enclaves to report finds, bring in salvage, and attend the production and Awakening of new NeR’Mar, who are apprenticed off to older, more experienced NeR’Mar. In addition, a NeR’Mar is likely to have in his company 1-4 robot ‘drones’ that have been infected with the Ecotroz intelligence, and are roughly the equivalent of dogs or mules. Unlike the EShemar, who delight in putting together new hardware that is unique to them, the NeR’Mar keep exclusive technologies to a minimum. Their ships and heavier equipment tend to be older, unprepossessing, clunkers that they’ve bought on the cheap, salvaged and repaired themselves, or built from scratch(starships made from Giant Cargo Cans are particularly common among the NeR’Mar); the sort of vessels few people look at twice. All in all, the NeR’Mar try to go unnoticed, as they go about their work of prospecting, gathering and selling information and junk, and scouting for the EShemar.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”