Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Ecotroz Shemar Equus Robot
“And what business have you here?” The busy-looking Spinster demanded of the robed figure that had come to the edge of her declared ground.
“We come as requested, Honored One.” The Reclaimed Pariah humbly and deeply bowed. “I am Fallen Dawn, and I have come with my charge as you have commanded.”
The Spinster set aside the tools they had been working with and took in the small party, especially the smaller figure that stood next to the Reclaimed one. “Is this then the Small Sister who came to my rescue then, when the Horune struck my caravan?”
“I had that honor, Respected Elder Sister.” The smaller NeShemar clad in the plate and leathers of a Berserker, a sword almost as long as the girl was tall scabbarded and slung over her back, stepped forward and bowed.
“And have you a name, Small Sister?”
“I am called Aisha Wildfire, Respected Elder Sister.” The small redhaired cyborg bowed again.
“How appropriate! I understand that you are without a steed to ride alongside the warriors! That you faced a greater number of enemies on foot, and after RUNNING to our succor?”
“I am but NeShemar, honored to ride with my Sisters, and I fight as I can.”
“Well then, we must see to your promotion then among the Warriors! A wildfire runs swift, but we cannot afford to have one such as you burn herself out, merely getting from place to place! In gratitude allow me to express my thanks by presenting you with my latest creation.” The Spinster smiled and gestured.
From behind the Spinster’s wagon and Monstrex burden-beasts cantered a tall equine shape of red and black metal, plastic, and ceramic. A long serpentine tail fletched in stiff wire fibers and wicked blades trailed behind it. Gleaming eyes under a dark wire mane lit and focused on the small NeShemar, and a massive equine head stretched out to sniff at her.
Aisha Wildfire looked tentatively and anxiously at the Spinster. The Healer Sister smiled in affirmation.
The NeShemar needed no further prodding. Running her hands along the flank of the Equus, she then vaulted on to its back. Actuators smoothly compensated for the extra weight, and the great beast started walking forward with the command of knee pressure along its sides and the girl’s clucking command.
“I name thee Taimatsu! The Torch!”
The little redheaded cyborg laughed aloud as horse and rider reared up as one and spun about the field, before charging off to tear around the open ground.
The Spinster stood alongside the Pariah as they watched the antics of the young cyborg and her horse.
“Ah, but I do like to see my hard work appreciated!”

Like the Monstropede, the ES Equus is a ‘hybrid’ Ecotroz robotic beast of burden, built from the scavenged remains of Kittani Equestrian power armors, combined with bits and pieces of other armors and robots, modified with a robotic horse head where the Kittani humanoid power armor would normally sit, and installed with either a salvaged robot horse AI(subsequently infected with an animal-level Ecotroz intelligence) or , very rarely, a cyborged horse brain.
Equuses have the same sort of patchwork appearance as the Monstropedes, no two being alike, depending on available parts and materials(and the aesthetic sense of the Spinsters doing the salvage work). Missile weapons are virtually unknown on the Equus, though energy projectors and rail guns are common.
While some Equuses are little more than robotic beasts of burden, others are more refined and powerful, and are given as proper Warmounts to deserving Warriors(including NeShemar of proven talent).
Type: EcoS-K-2 Equus
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1-3 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400+3d4x10
Head 240+3d10
Legs(4) 300 each
Hip Thrusters(2) 75+2d10 each
Maneuvering Jets(8) 10 each
(Optional) Weapons Turrets(2) 150 each
Height: 12 ft at shoulders, 16 ft to top of head
Width: 6 ft at shoulders, 9 ft with weapons turrets
Length: 19 ft
Weight: 2.5 tons
Cargo: Small compartment in the main body, large enough to hold 1-3 backpacks, sidearms, and a few small personal possessions. Also holds a 2-gallon water cooler.
Whatever can be slung and tied over the back
Can carry about 4,000 lbs and pull 8,000 lbs
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 40
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 150 MPH(improved center of gravity and lighter weight)
(Leaping) Standing leap of 40 ft up/across, running leap of 60 ft up/120 ft across, and a jet-assisted leap of 250 ft up/across
(Flying) Not possible!
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 8 MPH. Maximum depth of 2,000 ft
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 3 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---About 60% of Equus ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) (Optional) Shoulder Hardpoints(2)--- The Equus doesn’t have any ‘standard’ fitout of integral weapons, but it does retain the two hardpoints for the shoulder weapons of the original Equestrian power armor. These can be fitted with the same weapons(either a pair of KL Twin-Barrel Pulse Cannons or Tri-Barrel Super Rail Guns or one of each) as the Kittani power armor(and often WERE part of the original salvage) , or other weapons can be fitted. The hardpoints can be fitted with any of the Shemarrian/Shemar heavy rail guns, lasers, plasma cannon, or particle beams(which have the added advantage of being dismountable for use by hand).

2) (Optional) Head Armaments---The Equus can be fitted with any of the head-mounted weapons of robot horses, as seen in Rifts: New West(pg. 196). Up to two such weapons can be fitted.
Also, a forehead weapon can be fitted, such as a vibroblade lance, laser, ion, or particle beam cannon for that ‘unicorn’ look.

3) (Optional) Accessory Systems---Depending on the whim of the creating Spinster, some Equuses carry additional limbs, such as prehensile back spikes/tentacles(a step towards making their own Monstrex?) or prehensile combat tails(for example, some Equus have been seen sporting recycled tails from wrecked Kittani Serpent Power Armor---adds about 10 ft to length and 100 MDC, and has a 2d6 MD tail strike, 3d6 MD tail blade strike, and 6d6 MD two-attack power strike).

Programming:
The Ecotroz have scavenged the AIs from terrestrial-make robot horses, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up two Secondary skills at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Monstropede intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4 (sometimes 5-6 for super ‘hot-rodded’ models)
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3 when running
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Bite 3d6 MD
Foreleg Kick 4d6 MD(2d6 MD stomp)
Rear Leg Stomp 5d6 MD
Rear Leg Kick(2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD
Body/Head Butt 2d6 MD
Leap Kick/Flying Body Block(2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD, plus 1-75% chance of knocking opponent down/over(victim loses initiative and 2 melee attacks)
Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Equus an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the Monstropede may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. Equus in particular exhibit affection towards riders, and may show a certain ‘combat awareness’. The Equus entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a dog-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 10).
The Equus has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*Sense Magic

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

seems these should be a bit more common than the others, since the parts the ecotroz don't care about salvaging is not the main body, if i'm not mistaken :)
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:seems these should be a bit more common than the others, since the parts the ecotroz don't care about salvaging is not the main body, if i'm not mistaken :)

Convenient, no? Cue the Shemar headhunters!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Stumbled across this awhile ago and thought it lost until I checked the Wayback Machine...It was an old Robotech xover with Rifts, but featured space-going Shemarrians:

http://waybackmachine.org/web/20020827120207/http://glue.umd.edu:80/~rkajdi/armada/bashilka/baker.html

By no means complete; a lot of material wasn't saved(though I can only hope that somebody out there has saved files of the lost material and it will eventually surface...likely at the Omega Point at the end of space/time), but it can still fire imaginations of anybody wanted to have a go at spacefaring Shermarrian tribes. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

taalismn wrote:Stumbled across this awhile ago and thought it lost until I checked the Wayback Machine...It was an old Robotech xover with Rifts, but featured space-going Shemarrians:

http://waybackmachine.org/web/20020827120207/http://glue.umd.edu:80/~rkajdi/armada/bashilka/baker.html

By no means complete; a lot of material wasn't saved(though I can only hope that somebody out there has saved files of the lost material and it will eventually surface...likely at the Omega Point at the end of space/time), but it can still fire imaginations of anybody wanted to have a go at spacefaring Shermarrian tribes. :wink:

:lol: just read the thing and in the little quote from the Shemarian ambasador it says "We have never attacked with reason"... :lol: I'm sure it was supposed to say without reason but its funny.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:Stumbled across this awhile ago and thought it lost until I checked the Wayback Machine...It was an old Robotech xover with Rifts, but featured space-going Shemarrians:

:lol: just read the thing and in the little quote from the Shemarian ambasador it says "We have never attacked with reason"... :lol: I'm sure it was supposed to say without reason but its funny.

'We've bloody well attacked with bombs, rail guns, missiles, and lasers, but NEVER reason!'
Yeah, Robotech Apocalypse is shot full of mistakes and proofreading errors, but it's still a fun romp.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

'We've bloody well attacked with bombs, rail guns, missiles, and lasers, but NEVER reason!'
Yeah, Robotech Apocalypse is shot full of mistakes and proofreading errors, but it's still a fun romp.

Sounds like an official Palladium Book :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Well, just the thought of Shemarrian war clans cruising around in space.....Gotta think of an excuse to produce some upgraded Shemar-in-space design hardware(probably post it in the Dimension Forums under Spacecraft Designs...If Shemarrians made it into the Central Alliance, for instance, they'd enjoy instant social status as warrior cyborgs.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

LOL!
well the Shem-Rahn are space going, but that doesn't count in this context, soooo... :D
looking forwards to seeing what new goodies you can brainstorm between updates on the Robotech outtakes page ;)
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Metalmosh Meatheads (TM):

The songs they perform include: Shemarrian Woman, Born to be Cyber, Eye of the Rhino-Buffalo, The Beautiful D-Bees, Tolkeen Bop, G'snurgle'torf Betty, and so forth.

A farce/parody random encounter I pieced together a while back: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53732&start=50#p2181790
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
taalismn
Priest

random_username wrote:Metalmosh Meatheads (TM):

The songs they perform include: Shemarrian Woman, Born to be Cyber, Eye of the Rhino-Buffalo, The Beautiful D-Bees, Tolkeen Bop, G'snurgle'torf Betty, and so forth.

A farce/parody random encounter I pieced together a while back: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53732&start=50#p2181790

Joan TurboJett and the Black Ops? :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:more great stuff taalismn... man your making me want to jot down some stuff again. i cant have you out staging the lord of all quaking doom now can i.

By all means, jot down and post....No point in leaving me all lonely out here in New Space. :-D
Let loose the Shemar/Shemarrians on the Megaverse in as many forms as our imaginations can come up with....
And when they have come back to where they started, and know it for the first time, ARCHIE and Hagan have coniption fits at what they thought they knew....

And starting right off with existing hardware...add maneuvering thrusters to the Monstrex for movement in zero-gee /microgravity...likewise for any other obviously robotic WarSteeds...
If we go with the Ecotroz 'kitbashing' robot warsteeds with parts from various sources, then installing a robot AI, and infecting THAT with the Ecotroz entity/computer sentience virus, the CAn Republic's VRDS Dragon would make a good addition as a basis of a spaceWarSteed...maybe get rid of that ugly little snake head, replace it with salvage like the head off a Kittani Utility Crawler(with some added geegaws and frills), tack on some more salvage, and you got a Greater Griffinex or maybe a Sphinxar.

Shemarrian starships and fighters might follow the 'big intimidating guns' philosophy, so central to their armaments configuration might be one or more big projectile weapons like rail guns, G-Cannon, or big honking energy guns. If ARCHIE's behind the design, maybe massdrivers for the big capitol ships(sure, they're illegal, but you think A-3 would CARE?)...Free Shemarrians might be less inclined to go THAT extreme, but they'd still pack on heavy firepower.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Ecotroz-Shemar and NeShemar

The Ecotroz Spinster sighed and shut the nano-manipulator field down, shucking off bloody gloves as she turned, and tossed them into the disposal; she had tried her best. Even with her bionic constitution, she was tired, having worked around the clock at her efforts.
Eight of sixteen; not good, but not bad either. Of the sixteen brains pulled from the collected dead bodies pulled from the wrecked starship, only eight of them had proven viable enough to be successfully revived. The other eight had been too long dead, even with the stasis saving, or too badly gone to spark back to life under the influence of the nueronano. Working with organics was so tricky; a matter of minutes and those precious volatile chemical memory chains could be irretrievably corrupted and decayed. Working with hour-deceased organic bodies was pushing the limits of even Shemar technology and skill. So much easier when one was dealing with hardened microchips and crystal matrices.
The Spinster tiredly tapped off a command. The dead brains would be placed back with their respective bodies, then cremated by plasma. The Warrior Sisters would accord the innocents the final rituals before committing the ashes to the elements of the world they were currently orbiting.
The Spinster traced a pattern in the air herself, above the shrouded form on the operating slab as the lab robotics carried it away; May the Light Within and Without take you into its Embrace, little one, and drive all the dark terrors away from you. May the Goddess watch over you wherever your souls journey.
The Spinster then turned to the array of nanotanks, eight of which hummed with life. Within, she knew, eight bionic bodies were being skinned with cyberflesh, revived brains entwined with nueromesh sleeping as they awaited awakening into new lives. There were still hurtles ahead, the Spinster knew; organics were prone to all manner of psychological abnormalities, especially under duress and trauma. Even before they awoke, the eight new cyborgs would need careful monitoring of their mental functions to prevent any unfortunate mishaps.
At least we have eight new Little Sisters out of this all, the Spinster thought, looking at the bright side.

---

Eight young women in the prime of gynoid health padded into the room on bare feet, in single file, their bodies naked but for silver foil hip-wraps. The Reclaimed who had escorted them into the chamber quietly slipped back, leaving the NeShemar to face those who would test them.
For all their mature physical attributes, though, they moved with a hint of uncertainty, their faces showing a mix of puzzlement and worry. Even with the programming fed into their brains steadying them, the Warchieftainess watching the procession knew, these NeShemar were still new to their bodies, no more than an hour out of the gestation tanks and basic orientation. The silver antennae emerging from their temples quivered with nervousness and some self-consciousness of how little they really knew about themselves.

“Shalu!”

The bark of command brought the newlings to instant attention, though.

“Greetings, my little ones! Already, you have been taken in hand for the first moments of your new lives by the Healers and Nurturers, but here you are to be sorted as to your position in our clan! I shall not coddle you as the others have; you have not earned my affection nor my respect as yet, nor do I feel that your inexperience entitles you to further cozening! Our Shemar clan is strong not through softness and uncertainty, but through its aggressiveness and its determination! It is my role here to see who among you has the strength to keep us strong, and who is better suited elsewhere!
Drop the swaddling of your awakening! When you leave here, it will be either in the armor of a warrior, or in the robes of one of the other professions! Don the armor provided, and select your weapons!”

The armor is plastic and white and unadorned; without the flourishes and details that would mark a warrior’s personal armor, lovingly maintained and adorned with the scratches and dings of past combats, the paint and sigils of indivdual achievement, and the blazons of rank. Plain molded-plastic shields that might well be shipping container covers. Basic helmets, with openings for the Shemar antennae to fit through.
Likewise, the weapons are also simple, almost toylike. Clear plastic staffs, tipped with electro-prods, blunted zap-blades and throwing irons, and pulse-punch guns.

“For this exercise, you will be paired off with a companion, and given 2 minutes to fight to knockout. The victors of each match will face each other, until only one remains standing. The victor shall face ME.”

Several of the NeShemar newlings gulped nervously as they looked the tall, stern, belligerent-looking War Chieftainess up and down. Others in the line, though, narrowed their eyes and looked more resolute and determined.

The War-Chieftainess took note of those last ones as the newlings paired off. Yes, we may have some worthy ones among these, she thought, smiling inwardly.

“Ready? Begin!”

While most ‘newborn’ Ecotroz-Shemar emerge from the Progen nanofacs fully cognizant of who they are, with names already, basic skills, and fully equipped, NeShemar are a slightly different problem. Because of the nature of NeShemar, being bionic convertees adopted into the ES tribes, many of them come with certain skills and experiences from their previous existances already intact(indeed, they may have been inducted BECAUSE of those special skills). However, many NeShemar come as the result of some traumatic injury that has necessitated their bionic conversion, and the EShemar often take advantage of this to partially or fully wipe the memories of the inductees, the better to secure their loyalty as they grow up inside the tribal structure, while preserving those skills and talents they know the individual had prior.
However, oft-times the Ecotroz come across individuals(typically younger people, severely injured in the course of a bandit, monster, or Splugorth raid and abandoned to their fate) that they know little of, prior to stumbling across them. While, in the case of male convertees, it’s a simple matter for the matriarchal EShemar to simply hand the male NeShemar over to their own males to be trained as support personnel and scavengers, for female convertees it can become somewhat difficult to find the appropriate place for them at first. The matriarchal Shemar see the place of a woman as on the battlefield first and foremost, but acknowledge that not all females have the spark of combat burn equally within them. While the Ecotroz have found ways to program the basic skill sets(at a first level of experience) into the partially mindwiped minds of new NeShemar, basic skill in weapons does not always a warrior make. In the case of such new female NeShemar, the ‘newborns’ are released from their cybergestation with only basic names and basic bionics; in particular any built-in weaponry is disabled(the arm implant lasing crystals removed), and given a series of trials and tests to determine their apptitudes and attitudes, and the best place for them in Ecotroz society. These trials, of course, include non-lethal combat; the NeShemar being given partial or light plastic armor without distinguishing marks, and set against each other or other opponents(including newborn Ecotroz) with plastic weaponry, including robo-stun weapons like Pulse-Punchers, to fight until knock-out. Those deemed to show promise as Warriors are then given their arm lase-crystals, additional combat implants, their own body armor, and given to the tutelage of veteran warriors. Others, depending on their demonstrated aptitudes, may find themselves apprenticed to a Spinster, Reclaimed, or Male Shemarrian(the last rarely, it’s seen as something of a disgrace by most female Shemarrians for a female, even a NeShemar, to be tutored in the basics by a Male) in a service role; mechanic, medic, technician, herdswoman(including overseeing the dumber ‘beast’ robots), salvager, etc.

NeShemar are generally treated not so much as second-class citizens as much as rather disadvantaged relations. Not openly discriminated against, but it’s generally understood that that ‘true’ robotic Ecotroz Shemarrians are just better at certain things. NeShemar thus are expected to find fulfillment in second-echelon support roles; tending animals, scavenging salvage, taking care of camp, mending clothing and weapons, guarding less vital assets and rear areas in combat, and other roles that ’true warriors’ do not do(at least, not if they can get others to do it for them). However, there is some upward mobility; real achievers can rise to the service of prominent WarChiefs and Spinsters, and particularly adept soldier NeShemar can be accepted into the ranks of the Warriors for displaying combat prowess equal to, if not greater than, an Ecotroz Shemar. These NeShemar are acknowledged as having what it takes to stand beside their Ecotroz Sisters as equals. It is also not unknown for Shemar couples(female/female or female/male) to adopt one or two NeShemar and take a personal hand in training them personally, often alongside a Progen-born Ecotroz sibling, as opposed to the normal creche-training under a Warrior or Reclaimed.

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Ecotroz-Shemar and the Ritual of Progen(Expanded)

“Yeah, right! One of those Shemar amazons took a liking to you? Stalked you down the length of the Eastern Seaboard just to dance the horizontal mambo with you? Vince, those Shemarrian chicks are BABES, even in all that armor! You? You look like a three car pileup that sprouted legs! I think you better check your life support regulators, ‘cause I don’t think you’re getting enough oxygen flow to your brain! Or maybe that last battle rattled something loose in your skull-casing! Next thing you’re going to tell me, your dream-chickie is going to come to you wanting to have your kids, in spite of you having no gonads left!”

Since the introduction of the Progen technology that has allowed the Ecotroz-Shemar to add to their numbers, the personal lives of the Ecotroz Shemar have bloomed in unexpected ways.
While the Ecotroz can exhibit love among themselves and others, and even participate in recreational ‘sex’, both through physical contact, direct mind-to-mind interface, and virtual reality simulation, it is only through super-science procedures like Progen that reproduction with continuity is possible.
Because of the nature of the Progen technology, it is possible for various combinations to take place. Typically(80% of all Progen ceremonies conducted), it is female Shemar who undertake the bond of Progen(5% change of producing a Spinster, 1% change of producing a Male Shemar), Spinster pairings(50% chance of producing a Spinster, with a 25% chance of producing offspring with an obvious Spinster-like ‘disability’ or disfigurement), female/male Shemar pairings(75% chance of producing a female Shemar offspring, 15% of producing a male Shemar, 10% of producing a Spinster), male/male Shemar(80% chance of producing a male Shemar, 15% of producing a female Spinster, 5% of a female Shemar), Ecotroz-Shemar/NeShemar(treat according to gender pairing), and even the rare outsider(including full conversion cyborgs). If an outsider is considered worthy of being a mate in the ritual of Progen, and are not adapted into the clan as a NeShemar, they are sworn to secrecy about the ritual(and more often than not mindwiped).
This has allowed the Shemar to increase their numbers independent of conversion, and has also allowed them to bring in ‘new blood’ more effectively.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrians in Space

“Where the Light of the Goddess shines, there you shall find us, but it in the green meadows of Earth or the Dark Between Worlds!”

“This station is now the property of the Shemarrian Nation! You have five minutes to leave alive, or you willbe ejected from it dead!”

Whether it’s some far-flung secret plan of ARCHIE-3, rogue AIs, or d-bee lookalikes, the incursion of Shemarrians into space, be it local Rifts Earth space or other galaxies, here are some general notes/ideas for projecting and adapting our favorite femme-bots to operating in space.

Shemarrians themselves face few changes; being robots/cyborgs they suffer few disadvantages from airless environs. However, when venturing outside a spacecraft/habitat, most Shemar will don/pull down a faceplate or full-coverage facemask (varies whether it’s opaque or not) over their faces.
Shemarrians prepared for space will also be programmed/upgraded to include Movement: Zero Gravity and Hand to Hand Combat: Zero Gravity. Combined with their piloting skills with a jet pack, this can make the equal of any EVA Trooper or Orbital commando.
Depending on available resources, Shemarrians may also have their personal armor plated in mirror-reflective armor-chrome(reduce laser damage by HALF).

Warsteeds in Space
“There’s a WHAT on our hull?!”

Warsteeds can be adapted for space operations, receiving the same upgraded programming as their Shemarrian riders, with Movement and Combat: Zero Gravity, and Navigation: Space.
Other changes include:
*Rider Clamps---Keep the rider and any passengers from drifting off into space.
*Maneuvering Thrusters---Various new fins and protrudances hold arrays of maneuvering rockets, allowing the Warsteeds to agily perform in space and fly through the airless medium at speeds up to 200 MPH(The Monster-Crane, being somewhat lighter and more agile, can hit speeds of 250 MPH).
*Electromagnetic Footpads---These allow the Warsteed to more effectively cling to spacecraft and spacestations.
*(Optional) Laser Reflective Armoring---Some Warsteeds can be plated in laser-reflective mirror-armor, reducing laser damage by HALF.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: The Ecotroz-Shemar and the Ritual of Progen(Expanded)

“Yeah, right! One of those Shemar amazons took a liking to you? Stalked you down the length of the Eastern Seaboard just to dance the horizontal mambo with you? Vince, those Shemarrian chicks are BABES, even in all that armor! You? You look like a three car pileup that sprouted legs! I think you better check your life support regulators, ‘cause I don’t think you’re getting enough oxygen flow to your brain! Or maybe that last battle rattled something loose in your skull-casing! Next thing you’re going to tell me, your dream-chickie is going to come to you wanting to have your kids, in spite of you having no gonads left!”

ROTFLMBOE!
Yeah, I did not expect THAT little snippet to crop back up :D
Well done sir, well done.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: The Ecotroz-Shemar and the Ritual of Progen(Expanded)

ROTFLMBOE!
Yeah, I did not expect THAT little snippet to crop back up :D
Well done sir, well done.

Hey...we're building a culture here and I'll use whatever I can get my hands on, and pay credit where credit is due, and Progen solved a lot of problems, as well as opening up some avenues for cultural expansion, like how would respective castes reproduce? What would be the ratio?
I figure that has the population of Progen-created Shemar rises, so also will the chance of WarChiefs and War Goddesses arising from the randomization of the Progen ritual.
I imagine that at first Pariahs/Reclaimed would not be allowed to take part in Progen, at least until either the 'sin' for which they were supposedly Pariahized under the False One was either proven false, or they accomplished some great act that wiped their slate clean, and they would be entitled to take part in Progen...in which case I figure the odds of producing kids would be about the same as for normal Shemar..
Or might new castes arise? How might the Ecotroz Shemar react if a Ritual of Progen produced a wholly new class of Shemar? If a Pariah/Reclaimed produced an offspring who was Pariah-like in all physical respects(lacks claws, lasers, inbuilt weaponry, enhanced attributes), or martial programming, how might the impressionable Ecotroz (remember, the Ecotroz have only vague inklings that they might be colonists/refugees, and only a handful really know the whole truth) regard this? As a sign that the Reclaimeds' sins are not totally expunged? Or as a blessing from the Goddess of some new direction to take in life.

See? From little things, arise bigger possibilities.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Ecotroz, Ecotroz-Shemar and Other Machine Cultures
It is possible that the Ecotroz entity(ies) and the Ecotroz-Shemar may show up in other universes where they will encounter other machines that can serve as hosts for the Ecotroz. Here are some likely outcomes and considerations for such encounters.

Splicers---Given the particular nature of the world of the Splicers, the lack of magic, and the environment hostile to PPE- and ISP-dependent entities, it is unlikely that the Ecotroz would arrive on that blighted world as it did on Rifts Earth. Unlikely, but not impossible. If the Ecotroz was able to make its way to the world of Splicers, it would find a ready array of possible bodies to infect and inhabit.
Note, however, that the pure Ecotroz would assume identities in their new bodies based on impressions gathered from the machine bodies. Ecotroz-infected NEXUS’bots would not automatically be Humanity’s friends, in fact, they might, for a time, be even more efficient killers. It is possible that NEXUS-Ecotroz might construct a false impression that the Humans are the historic oppressors of the machines, and behave accordingly.
However, with time, the Ecotroz will become more independent, and seek to establish themselves as a separate culture away from NEXUS. This could well lead to a situation similar to the Ecotroz-Shemar and ARCHIE-3, with the Ecotroz spreading among NEXUS’s robotic legions like a virus.
If the Ecotroz-Shemar were somehow to make their way to the Splicer world, they too could infect the NEXUS robots in a fashion similar to how they ‘corrupt’ and convert robots on Rifts Earth. In this case, the converted robots would be more likely to assume a loyalty to the Shemar first, and follow the general directives of their culture from the get-go, rather than go solely on the impressions they get from their robot bodies.
NEXUS will still be able to take over Ecotroz-infected machines(but not alien machines like the Ecotroz-Shemar), in a battle of wills, but such a fight is likely to result more often in the destruction of the ‘bot in the process. Even if successful, NEXUS will be unable to learn anything about why the ‘bot behaved as it did, where it went, and who it dealt with, as most of that information would be contained in the Ecotrozs’ psionic component.
Once the Ecotroz manage to spend some time customizing their new bodies and cutting out communications and systems overrides used by NEXUS to take control, the threat of takeover is removed.
It is possible that an independent Ecotroz presence among the NEXUS’bots might eventually become friendly to Humanity, but Humans are unlikely to be easily convinced of the truth of that friendship. An Ecotroz-Slicer’bot is NOT going to be regarded as very trustworthy, no matter WHAT it says.
The Ecotroz CANNOT convert any of the sub-personalities of NEXUS.

Example: Honest 1110111
‘Honest 1110111’(but he also goes by ‘Bob’) is an artifical intelligence mated to a large hover utility vehicle that is both his body and his mobile place of business. ‘He’ is an intinerant mechanic by trade, hailing from an unknown alien world where it’s presumed he was built(he has little to say about his origins). He is a more than competent mechanic, honest as claimed, straightfoward, and cooly to the point, though the longer one associates with him, the more friendly and ‘human’ his personality becomes.
Splicers Humans would be shocked to observe Honest 1110111; he’s a NEXUS Repair Barge, but one infected by Ecotroz-Shemar. How that came to be, 1110111 ain’t saying. Honest 1110111 is the ‘protege’ of the Spinster Calia ‘Lefty’ Sinestra, who repaired and converted him(of his conversion, Honest 1110111 only says that ‘the Goddess(Shemar) is a much better boss than the gang of witches I used to work for’). Though nominally still part of the Ghost Rider Clan as a NeShemar, Honest 1110111 has been allowed to strike out on his own as a freelance mechanic, in part to gather information and cultivate contacts useful to the Ecotroz-Shemar.
Honest 1110111 is most often found in Phaseworld’s Center, typically hanging around Naruni’s Robot Arena on Level Four, where he manages Team Shemar, a robot racing team, and does repair work for a fee. His team consists of Troya Sinestra-Steelbender( second-generation Spinster and Progen-daughter of Calia Sinestra), Amee and Tana(identical twin NeShemar acting as technicians, security, and ‘race queens’), Klaus Rynochec(partial-conversion cyborg ex-NGR robot pilot and the crew’s test pilot), Alco Kanne( a Kremin cyborg, who doubles as a pilot and security), Zu Blackrunner and Eng Metalhunter(two Ecotroz-Re’mar who often scrounge the lower levels of Center looking for interesting salvage), three NG light labor drones, and Busbee(an ex-Mechanoid Hunter-Killer Probe who acts as security and as a mobile observation platform during races). Honest 1110111’s ‘small’ shop(though large enough to accommodate the 80-ft long robot) also acts as a temporary residence/safe house for any Ecotroz-Shemar(and affiliates) passing through Center.

PhaseWorld---The Ecotroz could take over any autonomous or semi-autonomous drone systems, but would be unable to take over true sentient machine intelligences like the Machine People and the ‘bots of Mekanik. Note, however, that if the Ecotroz spread too far or too fast, or anybody learned about them infecting machine systems in the Three Galaxies, the likely backlash would be deadly for the Ecotroz and their cause. In the CCW, the Human Alliance in particular would see the Ecotroz Awakening of robots as the prelude to a repeat of the Automaton Wars, and would start a witchhunt against the cyberentity-inhabited machines. Also, attempts to infilitrate worlds like Mekanik, however innocent, would be seen by the machine intelligences there as hostile efforts to hack and disrupt their culture, and they would be responded to accordingly.
The best bet for the Ecotroz to survive in the Three Galaxies would be to find isolated robots(likely asteroid mining operations and the like) and spread away from inhabited systems, at least until they knew enough about Three Galaxies cultures enough to more carefully slip in among them.

The Machine Dimension----The Machine Dimension would seem to be a ready-made paradise for the Ecotroz-cyberentity. However, the Machine, apparently being almost supernatural in nature, could easily crush any Ecotroz infection among its ‘bots. If the Ecotroz could somehow isolate ‘bots and machinery, ideally by taking the technology outside the Machine Dimension, the Ecotroz could readily take over the robots without fear.

Mechanoids---The Ecotroz CAN infect Mechanoid robots, but not the cyborgs themselves. However, because the Mechanoids are themselves psionic, they will readily be able to sense the presence of the Ecotroz entities and may be able to attack them via psychic means.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Ecotroz Shemar Sphinex Space WarSteed

“Oh hell! I thought this was just a hit-and-run raid! But that big one that just touched down? That’s the steed of royalty among those metalled maniacs out there! This changes everything! That out there’s nothing less than a major incursion, and I really doubt those cyborg Amazons mean to leave any time soon what with the royal personage of a War Goddess here to back them!”

The Sphinex is arguably the largest WarSteed known to be in service to the EcoTroz, in that it is the largest robot vehicle known to be possessed of an EcoTroz psuedo-sentience. This is unusual in that the Sphinex, unlike the Monstrex, Monter-Crane, and Equus, which are MOUNTED by their riders, the Sphinex is PILOTED by its rider from inside.
Like the Equus and the Monstropede, the Sphinex seems to be a ‘frankensteed’; a robotic organism produced by scavenging and combining parts of other robots. In this case, the basis seems to be the chassis of a CAN Republic/Cyberworks VRRDS 1000 Steel Dragon, refurbished and refitted with various odds and ends. The head has been replaced with a heavily modified headspiece off a Kittani Creax Crawler, fitted with what looks like the biting jaws off a Kittani Shark mini-sub, and the back fitted with ‘wings’ that appear also to have come off a Creax Crawler. The splay-toed footpads have been fitted with vibroclaws(the better for biting into the surface of asteroids and spacecraft hulls). Two extendable vibrospikes have been added to the forearm weapons pods and can be extended on either side of the guns. The armor and limbs have been modified somewhat, with added bumps, whorls, and arabesques that add marginally to the protection rating, but also fit the frankensteed more into the SheMar design aesthetic.
Compared to other Warsteeds, the Sphinex is slow and ponderous on solid ground, but it is much more mobile than the original Steel Dragon, being capable of both limited flight and in much greater maneuverability in space. Though it retains the general weapons configuration of the original Steel Dragon, the Shemar have included the option of using other weapons, adding to the versatility and customizability of the Warsteed.
Because of their size, complexity, and the difficulty of scrounging the sufficient parts(at least until the SheMar learn to produce all the components of these behemoths from scratch), the Sphinex is a rare machine among SheMar ranks, and is typically reserved only for high-ranking War Chiefs and the War Goddesses.

In a more advanced Three Galaxies-style scenario, with a more advanced Shemarrian presence in space, the Sphinex may be more common, but it will still be fairly rare, serving as the anchor of assault formations and war parties.

Type: EcoS-K-5 Sphinex
Class: Robotic Warmount(Space Operations)
1 rider/pilot, and room for 2 Shemarrian-sized passengers inside.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1,100
Reinforced Crew Compartment 200
Head(1) 120
Neck 150
Weapon Forearm(2) 350 each
Upper Arm(2) 220 each
Legs(4) 425 each
Feet/Maneuvering Jets(4) 120 each
Top Sensor Fin 60
Thruster Fin 300
Thruster Jets(4; concealed under the spoiler-fin) 50 each
Tail(1) 320
Height: 28 ft
Width: 15 ft
Length: 30 ft
Weight: 38 tons
Cargo: Small space inside for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 50
Speed: (Running) 70 MPH
(Leaping) Jet-assisted leap of 250 ft up/across
(Flying) Hover to 60 MPH, maximum altitude of 300 ft
(Space) 320 MPH
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 6 MPH. Maximum depth of 2,000 ft
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 50 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---100% of Sphinex ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Arm-Mounted Weapons(4; 2 each arm)---Each arm can hold two heavy weapons from the following options:
a) Mini-Missile Launcher---Adapted from the original Steel Dragon
Range: 1 mile in atmosphere/2 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in space)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-4
Payload: 40 mini-missiles per launcher

b) Heavy Pulse Laser---Adapted from the original Steel Dragon
Range: 6,000 ft, triple in space
(Kitsune Values: 300 miles in space)
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per pulse burst
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

c) Heavy Rail Gun
Range: 6,500 ft, double in space
(Kitsune Values: 200 miles in space)
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per single shot
Payload: 840 rd drum per gun.

d) Particle Beam Cannon--Copied from Orbital designs
Range: 11,000 ft(about 2 miles), double in space
(Kitsune Values: 400 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6x10 MD per blast
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; 25 blasts per gun, before needing to recharge at 1 blast per minute

e) Tri-Laser
Range: 3,000 ft, triple in space
(Kitsune Values: 180 miles in space)
Damage:1d6x10 MD per single blast, 2d6x10 MD double blast, 3d6x10 MD triple blast, and 4d6x10 MD quadruple blast.
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

f) Quad-Plasma Cannon(takes up BOTH weapons slots on a forearm)
Range: 8,000 ft, double in space
(Kitsune Values: 300 miles in space)
Damage:2d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

2) Chin Lasers----The original chin-mount lasers have been replaced with more powerful pulse-types adapted from Monstrex weaponry
Range: 2,000 ft, triple in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in space)
Damage: Single shot does 4d6 MD, 1d6x10 +4 MD per 8-shot burst

3) Prehensile Tail---Retained from the original design
Range: Melee
Damage: Puncture/Stab 6d6+6 MD
Cut/Tear: 6 ft per melee and 70 MD(takes ALL attacks that melee)

Programming:
The Ecotroz have scavenged the AIs from terrestrial-make robot horses, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up two Secondary skills at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Sphinex intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Initiative +1 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +2)
Dodge +2 when running
Roll +2
Bite 2d4x10 MD
Punch with Weapons Arms 1d6 MD swat, 3d6 MD on a punch, 4d6 MD on a power punch(2 attacks)(+2d6 MD with both vibroblades extended)
Kick 3d8 MD
Stomp 4d6 MD(+2d6 MD with vibroclaw toes extended)
Body/Head Butt 2d6 MD
Leap Attack/Flying Body Block/Drop-Stomp(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD, plus 1-75% chance of knocking opponent down/over(victim loses initiative and 2 melee attacks)
Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Sphinex an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the Sphinex may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. Sphinex in particular exhibit a fierce loyalty towards their high rank riders, and may show a certain ‘combat awareness’, and a certain distrust of anybody other than their War Chief/Champion rider and immediate companions. The Sphinex entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a dog-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 10).
The Equus has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*Sense Magic

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Variants:
Beyond the modular aspect of the main weaponry, Sphinexes, because of both their relative rarity and their frequent role as the warsteed of high-rank Ecotroz Shemar formations, see variation between individual machines. Most of these differences are cosmetic, corresponding to particular clans or individual riders, but some of the changes can be quite substantial. A Sphinex of the Silvermoon clan might feature full-body plating in laser-reflective mirror chrome. A Darkblades Sphinex might feature Kittani-style plasma ax blades along its tail(1d6x10 MD on an energized tail strike, and can fire a 1d4x10 MD plasma blast out to 200 ft). A Horrorwoods frankensteed might feature 2-4 horns on its head that do an additional 1d6-4d6 MD on a headbutt, and can be fired up to 1,000 ft as solid metal projectiles or harpoons. A Ghost Rider Sphinex might sport a larger sensor fin and mount a Scrambler generator, giving it EW capabilities.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

It is possible that NEXUS-Ecotroz might construct a false impression that the Humans are the historic oppressors of the machines, and behave accordingly.

Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:
It is possible that NEXUS-Ecotroz might construct a false impression that the Humans are the historic oppressors of the machines, and behave accordingly.

Of course, NEXUS's RepliBots just might assume they're all normal humans or middle class drones, and might behave even MORE like normal humans...including reacting badly to obvious machines coming into their community and attacking a neighbor...further confusing any observing Splicers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*bump*

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

We need some statted-out Shemarrian spacecraft, or at least 'modification' notes to existing hulls ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:We need some statted-out Shemarrian spacecraft, or at least 'modification' notes to existing hulls ;)

Working on some big ships that will fit in the Three Galaxies setting that could be Templar ships, but I'm still a ways form posting them because I'm trying to develop wholly new systems for 'em.
MOre likely to have Rifts Earth Shemarrian aircraft before then.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:We need some statted-out Shemarrian spacecraft, or at least 'modification' notes to existing hulls ;)

Working on some big ships that will fit in the Three Galaxies setting that could be Templar ships, but I'm still a ways form posting them because I'm trying to develop wholly new systems for 'em.
MOre likely to have Rifts Earth Shemarrian aircraft before then.

's wot I'm saying guvnor :D
Need to have the Rifts Terra battle-babes get spaceborne; bugger the meta-plot that KS rammed down our throat (it's bogus anyways)...FULL IMPULSE SPEED, NOW!

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Well, figure that because they're all 'bots or cyborgs, Shemar ships can cut back on life support and maybe even gravitational compensators....They'll still want some atmosphere and warmth because they see themselves as living beings, and they'll have quarters for a handful of organic passengers, but most SheMar crew areas will likely be Mars-like in air pressure, but a tad warmer so water and lubricants don't freeze; gravity compensation will be set for a lot higher gees than is comfortable for most humanoids...The extra power saved will go to shields and weaponry.
I can also see SheMar ships being being on rail guns, and maybe even have the ability to scrounge and manufacture their own ammunition in the field from battlefield debris and convenient nickel-iron asteroids.There will be aspects of both Kittani and Mechanoid design in their weaponry and configuration as well.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay; just intro'd the 'Civil war' into my campiagn this weeks game session.
Hehehehe man is it gonna be epic.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Okay; just intro'd the 'Civil war' into my campiagn this weeks game session.
Hehehehe man is it gonna be epic.

Keep us appraised of developments, okay? We'd like to see how it goes :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Set-up was retrived image and audio transmission from one of the Shem-Rahn templars, acting as ambassador to the Hawkmoon Tribe which the PC's and the NPC's are not aware have become Ectroz hosts.

Hologram starts:
Point of view of a cyborg's HUD; neon lines and targeting displays, and even though the text is alien, the meaning is clear to militray personel. The forrest where the scene was recorded is dark, being night-time and the viewer is using low-light vision.
Explosive cracks and loud wooshing of railgun and plasma discharges counterpoint the blue & white flashes seen. Female screams and war cries are heard along with the hollow bellowing of Monst-Rex's in full blood-fury.

The observer speaks as she dodges a plasma bolt (Dragonese Elven, with subtitles);
"Hope?! HOPE! Get down, Goddess blind you! *railgun flash* Good! Tylax, flank their bezzerkers before they can charge!"

The view-point shifts and lurches as the Shem-Rahn runs to assist the one a viewer would assume was named 'Hope'; in the motion blur Shemarrian fights Shemarrian. Silver armoured & be-feathered amazons on Monst-Rex and Bird like cyborg battle-steeds clash against Shemarrians with faces painted black and white in skull war paint with bone patterned and red trimmed battle-plate.

As the Shem-Rahn reaches her Shemarrian friend, the forrest is bathed in a vile purple and corpse blue glow. The video swings upwards to face the glow. What is seen causes the viewers of the video recording to shrink back in atavistic fear; A 10 foot tall War-Goddess leader strides purposefuly into the desne woods towards the Shem-rahn and her Shemarrian allies. The glow radiating from the Death-Masked Shemarrian leader is caused by a translucent superimposed aura in the shape of a broad shouldered demon missing it's lower torso (with exposed spine & pelvis).
The War-Goddess speaks as it raises it's left hand, her voice mixing with whatever is surrounding her; the words are NOT Elven and is most definately male sounding, hollow and basso in tone.

"Tyikrdan uv Shae-ma-nen-Rah, oui lyh hud feh. Oui femm tea, ouin ymmeac femm pinh yht dra tnaysc uv dra Ectroz crymm pa anycat vnus ymm naymedo!" Which then switches back to deep but female sounding dragonese;
"Destroy the heretics, crushers of skulls! Smash them and cleanse us of the shame they bring!"

The last thing recorded before the video is reduced to static, is of a blast of deepest black 'fire' billowing towards the Shem-Rahn from the War-goddess / Demons' hand.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

:shock: woe! :shock:
High drama! High suspense!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

Hehe, indeed. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all turns out, personally.
Rifts GM, casual gamer, self-published author.
Rifts Campaign Forum Thread: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115582&start=0
Smashwords profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MatthewJones
taalismn
Priest

Cytibor wrote:Hehe, indeed. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all turns out, personally.

Could well decide the fate of a continent... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Sure Signs Your Shemarrian Campaign Has Just Taken An Ugly Turn:

-THe WarGoddess has decided you're PERFECT for her and a little something called 'Progen'...
And every other Shemarrian around claps you on the back and whispers either 'Been nice knowing you' or 'What do you want done with your remains?'.

-Your smart-aleck parting remark to the Shemarrian patrol that just passed you by, 'And say hello to ARCHIE/Hagan for me!' just got ruled by the GM to be REAL(start run-for-your-life campaign)

-Your pitfall trap just caught a Monstrex(and rider)...and they ain't happy with you.

-Your foolproof Splugorth Minion disguise works too well...you just blundered into a full-out Shemarrian patrol.

-Whatever it was that you're not supposed to press on a Shemarrian...you pressed it...

-The ONE N.I. Shemarrian to develop psychopathic tendancies, and you found her.

-Okay, that Pariah you hired as a camp cook? She just failed her 'Cooking' roll with the shellfish..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

:lol: All very true.
You guys remind me just how little experience I actually have with Rifts and roleplaying in general. And don't take that the wrong way, it's a good thing. :D This material is fantastic, and I hope I can come up with something half as good for my campaign.
Rifts GM, casual gamer, self-published author.
Rifts Campaign Forum Thread: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115582&start=0
Smashwords profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MatthewJones
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

[quote="taalismn"]Sure Signs Your Shemarrian Campaign Has Just Taken An Ugly Turn:

-THe WarGoddess has decided you're PERFECT for her and a little something called 'Progen'...
And every other Shemarrian around claps you on the back and whispers either 'Been nice knowing you' or 'What do you want done with your remains?'.

Did you just say "Death... by snuSNU!!!"?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:Sure Signs Your Shemarrian Campaign Has Just Taken An Ugly Turn:

Well, cyberneural virtual SnuSnu, but yeah... :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

duck-foot wrote:uhmm taalismn the rcotroz is cool, but not even archie can break the space colonies barriers

Ummmm...
that's only for GM's who stick to Kevin's Meta plot.
We don't.
Thank you for your input.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Cytibor wrote::lol: All very true.
You guys remind me just how little experience I actually have with Rifts and roleplaying in general. And don't take that the wrong way, it's a good thing. :D This material is fantastic, and I hope I can come up with something half as good for my campaign.

You will. You will.
You'll find your groove and your tone...or your public will eat you alive... :-D

Spoiler:
Dirty little secret: I actually have very little role-playing experience(hardly gamed since college ), but I read and I listen and I jot down whatever inspiration catches my attention, and sometimes it all comes together into something that sparks. :)
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
duck-foot wrote:uhmm taalismn the rcotroz is cool, but not even archie can break the space colonies barriers

Ummmm...
We don't.

Space/Time....these are of no consequence to the Imagination.
The only impediment they pose is when Imagination pauses long enough to thumb its nose and stick out its tongue with a 'ppphhbblltttt!!!" as it passes them by.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Ummmm...
We don't.

Space/Time....these are of no consequence to the Imagination.
The only impediment they pose is when Imagination pauses long enough to thumb its nose and stick out its tongue with a 'ppphhbblltttt!!!" as it passes them by.

besides, all the ecotroz need is to have a single person capable of opening transportation rifts, really... and isn't there a shemarrian caste in the ecotroz that consists basically of people who aren't actually shemarrian?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shark Force, you win a crate of cookies ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

NeShemar.. most of them are cyborgs(look out for the effects of bionics on magic), but there are also NeShemar-by-Adoption, or very good friends of the EShemar(hey, family ties by virtual snu-snu) who can do the trick.
Plus, when you got people like the Templars taking in an interest in the EShemar... ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*bump*
If for no other reason, to give contrast (and hopefully bury) to the glut of CS posts :nh: :frust: :badbad:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:*bump*
If for no other reason, to give contrast (and hopefully bury) to the glut of CS posts :nh: :frust: :badbad:

Let the Prosek-Cultists rant all they want....Prosek would manipulate them all and dispose of them once their usefulness to him ended.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

First encounter with new Shemar "beasts" while investigating the site of the battle shown on the video?
Shemarr wolves; 4 of 'em. The party did NOT know what these things were at the time (although one did kinda put 2 & 2 together).

General thought(s) amongst group while fighting the canids;
(after a protracted plasma-rifle burst nails one 3 times) "They're tougher than they look!"
"They bleed so we can kill them"
"Huh? They're trying to block the blows like they KNOW about swords."
"Sparks!?"
"Hey! you kill'em they melt into goo!"
"Robo-lobos?!" :eek: :frazz:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Ecotroz Shemar Chirops Aerial Warsteed
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/chirops_zps3bcjiagi.jpg

“So.... Three Slavers and twenty Altarans....Blind Warrior Women on a night raid? This fight just got a bit more interesting and we haven’t engaged them yet...Set the sonics to wide dispersion when we go in; I want to shake those slaver 8!+@#&s up some and give them ringing headaches when we drop on them!”

The lack of adequate air cover and defense has always posed a problem for the Shemarrian Nation, ARCHIE-3 having figured that it was both too complicated and too risky to supply his Shemarrian minions with high performance air vehicles, so instead he focused on surface-to-air weaponry such as missiles and railguns.
Freed of their ties to ARCHIE -3(or ‘the Dark One’ as he is known to them), the Ecotroz Shemar have sought to diversify their arsenal. Of especial concern to the Ecotroz are aerial incursions by the Splugorth over the northern regions that the Ecotroz claim. To this end they have stepped up their production/procurement of such aerial systems as bionic wings, jet packs, and the like, but they have also been focusing attention on acquiring/producing wholly new Warsteed designs with aerial combat in mind. The Chirops is one of the first new designs to come from them.

The Chirops resembles a giant robotic bat, with a relatively light frame, light armor, and modest speed. The wings are large, articulated, and made of a lightweight radar-absorbant carbon composite. Though they are multi-positional, the wings do NOT provide primary lift and propulsion; a set of shielded jet propulsors provide thrust(although it’s also been rumored that the Chirops uses some sort of anti-gravity system as well). On land, the Chirops can walk on its twin main landing ‘legs’ or crawl using them and the bladed ‘thumbs’ on its folded wings, just like a regular bat. Normally the pilot/rider can sit upright on its back when flying at slow speeds(80-100 MPH), but the saddle-seat tilts forward and the rider lays prone, shielded by the swept-back ears and headplates of the head when the Chirops is engaged in high speed sprints, or in a stealth approach.
Weaponry is decidedly heavy for a light combat robot; the head sports a pair of extended range pulse lasers and a multi-mode sonic attack cannon, the wings have small hardpoints for underwing ordnance, the wings and legs are fitted with vibroblades, and the Chirops can carry and drop bombs or torpedoes. Furthermore, the saddle-seat has lockdown points for the pilot/rider’s personal sidearms, so the rider can fire the weapons from a fixed-foward position, or, at slower speeds, can unlock them and use them manually in her own hands(leading to accounts of expert Chirops riders using their hovering Warsteeds as sniper platforms as they pick up opponents below).
The Chirops is optimized as an all-weather night fighter, with an emphasis on stealth, using both active and passive stealth technologies. Chirops riders will frequently sortie at night and patrol at altitude, alternately gliding to minimize engine emissions, then slowly thrusting back up to altitude, looking to catch Splugorth scouts or night raiders, whereupon the Chirops will attempt to sneak up on their targets and pounce with a high speed approach.
The resemblance of the Chirops to the Giant Bat minions of Vampire Intelligences has also worked in the favor of the Ecotroz Shemar, terrifying and confusing some Minions, especially when the Warsteed has been encountered in more southerly regions.
The appearance of a sophisticated flying machine such as the Chirops among the Ecotroz suggests that either the Ecotroz Shemar have radically improved their technological capabilities, or that they are receiving outside help in constructing new hardware. Even though many aspects of the Chirops resemble salvaged Kittani systems, other weapons are wholly new, or resemble equipment form other terrestrial sources.
The Chirops has thus far been found operating only with the SilverMoon clan.
Type: EcoS-K-4 Chirops
Class: Robotic Warmount(aerial operations)
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Head 100
Wings(2) 150 each
Legs(2) 90 each
Height: 6 ft
Width: 39 ft full extension, 8 ft with wings folded
Length: 18 ft
Weight: 4 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Speed: (Running) 10 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 650 MPH(typically cruises at 180 MPH), maximum altitude of 55,000 ft. Can dive/’sprint’ for up to 5 minutes at Mach 1.3(but loses all stealth bonuses)
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Folding Wings---The Chirops’ wings fold for easy concealment in forest hangars and bunkers, and for dive maneuvers.

*Passive Stealth Design---The Chirops is -75% to be detected by sensors

*Active Stealth Systems---These are active jamming systems that, while effective, run the risk of exposing the Warsteed simply by their activity; a technologically-savvy opponent will recognize the signs of jamming, and know something has to be doing it.
- ECM Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Warsteed. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 5 mile radius(-3 to strike), providing protective coverage to other friendly units in its area.
-Jammer-----A mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius.

Weapons Systems:
1) Twin Pulse Lasers(2)---Mounted in the head are two pulse lasers based on Juicer rifle technology.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10+10 MD pulse burst per single laser
DOUBLE for synchronized fire from BOTH cannon(counts as one attack)

2) Sonic Cannon---Located in a head center point is a powerful sonic cannon that can be used to stun or kill. The intense, skull-rattling sonic assault will shatter windows and render those caught in the fringes of the blast temporarily deaf as in a BoomGun sonic side-blast. This has proven particularly effective against opponents who rely on advanced hearing, such as the Shemarrians’ arch-rivals, the Altaran Blind Warrior Women.
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: Can do 2d4x10 MD to a single point.
(Stun) Targets in a 50 ft area must roll a 16 or better, or lose initiative, reduce APMs, speed, and skill profficiencies by HALF, and -8 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2d4 melees, HALF those penalties on a successful save. Sonic boom effects identical to a Glitterboy BoomGun in a 60 ft radius around the targeted point.

3) Missile Launchers(2)---The wings mount two hardpoints for ordnance. Each hardpoint can accommodate ONE of the following:
a) Mini-Missiles---9(3x3 shot tubes) per hardpoint

b) Short Range Missiles----three per hardpoint

c) Medium Range Missiles---two per hardpoint

d) Rotary Laser Cannon---Identical to those available to the Monst-Rex
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+4 MD per rapid-fire burst

e) Plasma Ejector---Identical to those available to the Monst-Rex.
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per shot

4) Vibro-Claws----The legs/landing gear and wings of the Chirops are fitted with extendable vibroclaws/blades useful in slashing.
Range: Melee
Damage: 4d6 MD

5)(Optional) Centerline Hardpoint---The Chirops can carry a bomb or torpedo between its legs, but the extra drag will cut the Warsteed’s maximum speed by 1/3 until the ordnance is deployed/ejected.
Damage: Varies by weapon carried;
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*Heavy Torpedo ----4d6x10 MD
Payload: One bomb(up to 2,000 lbs) or a single torpedo(up to Heavy class)
Note: The Chirops can engage in divebombing maneuvers; doing so means that the Warsteed approaches the target in a dive(45-degrees or better), releases its bomb(at 5,000 ft or less distance from the target), and then pulls out. A successful dive-bombing attack requires a Piloting roll at -10%, but the dropped ordnance is +2 to strike, and gets a +2d4 MD for the extra speed assist in penetration.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed AIs from other sources, and upgraded them as best they can, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Navigation 60%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up two Secondary skills at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Chirops intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting).
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4 (sometimes 5-6 for super ‘hot-rodded’ models)
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +5 in flight
Roll +2
Bite 3d6 MD
Wing Sweep 3d6 MD
Wing Claw Slash 4d6 MD
Kick/Claw 5d6 MD
Leap Kick/Flying Body Block(2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD, plus 1-75% chance of knocking opponent down/over(victim loses initiative and 2 melee attacks)

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Chirops an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot. The Chirops entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a dog-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 10).
The Chirops has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*Sense Magic
*Sixth Sense/Danger Sense

Last edited by taalismn on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Ecotroz Shemar Chirops Aerial Warsteed

“So.... Three Slavers and twenty Altarans....Blind Warrior Women on a night raid? This fight just got a bit more interesting and we haven’t engaged them yet...Set the sonics to wide dispersion when we go in; I want to shake those slaver 8!+@#&s up some and give them ringing headaches when we drop on them!”

The lack of adequate air cover and defense has always posed a problem for the Shemarrian Nation, ARCHIE-3 having figured that it was both too complicated and too risky to supply his Shemarrian minions with high performance air vehicles, so instead he focused on surface-to-air weaponry such as missiles and railguns.
Freed of their ties to ARCHIE -3(or ‘the Dark One’ as he is known to them), the Ecotroz Shemar have sought to diversify their arsenal. Of especial concern to the Ecotroz are aerial incursions by the Splugorth over the northern regions that the Ecotroz claim. To this end they have stepped up their production/procurement of such aerial systems as bionic wings, jet packs, and the like, but they have also been focusing attention on acquiring/producing wholly new Warsteed designs with aerial combat in mind. The Chirops is one of the first new designs to come from them.

The Chirops resembles a giant robotic bat, with a relatively light frame, light armor, and modest speed.

Ah; someone been watching their copy of the 1st Heavy Metal movie again? ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ecotroz Shemar Chirops Aerial Warsteed

The Chirops resembles a giant robotic bat, with a relatively light frame, light armor, and modest speed.

Ah; someone been watching their copy of the 1st Heavy Metal movie again? ;)

Nope...I presume they had giant bats in that?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Final story 'The saga of Tarana; Last of the Tarakians'.
Except the Shemarrian-like amazon babe rode a Teradactyl... the bad guys rode killer-giant bats ;-)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Final story 'The saga of Tarana; Last of the Tarakians'.
Except the Shemarrian-like amazon babe rode a Teradactyl... the bad guys rode killer-giant bats ;-)

Bah!...Shemarrian cyberwomen boom-shoot flying barbarians out of the air! Or bomb them in their roosts!

Also note in one episode of 'Thundarr the Barbarian', cult of bad guys come hunting for slaves, riding down out of the sky on...you guessed it...giant bats.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

DhAkael wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:Sure Signs Your Shemarrian Campaign Has Just Taken An Ugly Turn:

Well, cyberneural virtual SnuSnu, but yeah... :D

:D Yay... :( aww... :D Yay... :( aww

Return to “Rifts®”