Fitting Ends -- or, "How did your BTS PC Die Horribly?"

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Fitting Ends -- or, "How did your BTS PC Die Horribly?"

Unread post by mrloucifer »

A PC with a paticularily smart mouth had once erked the wrong being. So after he was captured, he was stripped naked, had a long bloody gash cut across his chest, was tied to a chair and then lowered into a vat of water up to his head. After some more vicious conversation between the PC and the villain (and the PC not giving the villain the info he wanted), the villains orders his thugs to dump a few batches of pinanha's into the vat, poured itself a glass of wine and enjoyed the show and the screams of the PC.
Last edited by mrloucifer on Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Ironically, I have yet to kill a PC in a BtS game. In a Cthulhu rip-off game that I once designed, PCs were at the bottom of a coal mine with a rampaging shaggoth. I had divided the mine into dungeon rooms as they had descended. When they ran back up, I had everyone make athletics rolls for each room through which they passed. Whoever rolled worst was the last person in line and got crushed under the shaggoth. One of the PCs tried something clever but rolled badly; I don't remember her attempt, but I do remember that she was knocked unconscious. Three or so other PCs got crushed as they fell behind. The last two were able to make it to the surface and collapse the mine. The unconcious PC woke up to find that she was trapped underground with the Shaggoth. I left that character's fate to imaginations.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Lord Z wrote:Ironically, I have yet to kill a PC in a BtS game.

There's no shame in admitting that Lord of Z-Vania, and Ive not purposefully killed off a lot of PC's in the games either. However, sometimes an example has to be made, if only to remind the Players the order of things. ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

I once got thrown through a wall. Hit a sturdy-ass steel pipe on the way through. Broken backs and no healers mean Johnny PC has a bad day and a wonderful funeral.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
mrloucifer

I once had a PC who was slowly broiled to death... and then served at a demon's dinner table. Had an apple in his mouth and everything.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mastermesh
Wanderer

Unread post by mastermesh »

One time, many, many years ago, a PC wanted more power - he was nearly diabolic evil alignment most of the time... so he found this mage who happened to have a summoning circle open directly to a plane of existence of a supernatural evil and he willing made a pact with this demon to get powers... basically he became possessed half of the time... when that happened, he was not in control of the character, and the evil entity was... then at random times he'd make a check for possession and come back in control. This went on for quite a while. Never a good thing when you wake up from a possession sleep to find you are naked, holding a bloody sword, and several innocent folks of the oppossite sex of your character are now dead on the ground near you - nude as well, and a police siren can be heard in the distance approaching rapidly... but at least you have full PPE, and then some... ;)

(Technically when a character is possessed, they are not actually in the game - the GM has fair play, and character might be considered "dead" until they wake up later - might be minutes, maybe hours, or days, months, or years - depends on how many times they roll successful vs possession, and/or gm discretion... Note: Possession of a character works best if you are role playing one on one with the PC that is possessed so that other characters don't get in the way of what happens in sleepy time, unless, of course that's part of the story, and they happen to know a priest or spell to remove possession.)
mrloucifer

duck-foot wrote:my guy got killed after he was probed to death by a bunch of grays. his dna was used to create a monster of somekind which my new pc fought and was killed by that thing too. it was ridicolous. i stoped playing with that guy after that. a character should never die via anal probe

Agreed.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Caradoc, which character died?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Good stories, Joe!

sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Death by nacarant is always morbid.
mrloucifer

Joe Smith wrote:In my games, if you do something incredibly stupid, the villan generally takes advantage of it.

There is no shame in that. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Shang, that story is full of win.

vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Becoming conscious 1 second into an acid bath. :lol:
mrloucifer

In a heroic effort, one of my players took the spray of a supernatural hyperactive flesh eating virus meant for an npc. he save the npc's life, but the PC died an agonizing death of being eaten alive in a matter of minutes. On the bright side, his agony and pain lasted for maybe 30-45 seconds, it took 1D4 minutes for the virus to skeletonize him before extingusihing itself out.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”