aps fire , light etc

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

aps fire , light etc

Unread post by SoulofThunder »

Would Aps Fire (or light) be affected by Force Manipulation?
could one with FM toss or be able to manipulate someone with APS fire , light , or smoke. ( or similar APS forms). I understand these forms are not intangible , but being forms or energy makes me think that FM may not be able to affect them directly.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: aps fire , light etc

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Fire and Electricity yes because all they have is an A.R. and S.D.C. bonus. Unlike Light,
Darkness, Plasma, and Energy which state the person is semi-invulnerable, they are not truly
solid beings more or less energy. In other words, the fire and electricity guy still has mass.
Personally I feel electricity should be more like APS-Energy.
SoulofThunder
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by SoulofThunder »

ty for the response.

I agree with you but wanted some input . wanted to challenge one of my players a bit this evening . APS and electrical field is an effective combo for some overconfident PC's. They really learned to appreciate they're psionic teammate tonight.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Well here's something that may help you. Originally back in HU 1st edition (before the revisied
edition) APS-Electricity use to have an Natural Armor Rating of 14, meaning a 15 or better to
do damage if the person uses solid objects. If you strike the person with you hand, you also
take 1D6 points of damage. Psionic attacks, energy blasts, explosions, magic, and cold attack
are not affected by the electric A.R. Cyberjacking in Rifter #2 and Galaxy Guide have the power
working like Line Transit from PU 3.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm< Iliek aps Energy and us it to replace ASP:fire and Shadow.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

SoulofThunder wrote:Would Aps Fire (or light) be affected by Force Manipulation?
could one with FM toss or be able to manipulate someone with APS fire , light , or smoke. ( or similar APS forms). I understand these forms are not intangible , but being forms or energy makes me think that FM may not be able to affect them directly.

Hmm< FIre yes, sime that' more like "flame on" than "become a field of fire."

LIght no. Smoke, not effectavily( it's too diffuse, though you might get part of them.Best ot use air/wind powers agains them...)
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”