Making a Character

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Making a Character

Unread post by Shark_Force »

alright, so i finally got around to getting my hands on a copy of splicers, and as is my standard policy, i decided to give it a bit of a test run by making a character. in this particular case, that character is a packmaster (and boy does the cchargen ever go on and on), and i've run into a few things that have me wondering.

1) the weapons training program specifically includes WP sword. So does the basic military program, which the packmaster also gets automatically. given the weapons training program normally has 4 WPs of choice, would you allow the packmaster to pick up a different WP instead? (if it was one of the "set in stone" programs, i'd say the packmaster is just out of luck, but in this case it's a program where you normally pick and choose)

2) the weapons training program also specifically includes WP armor. the only reason i could see for that is because the packmaster comes standard with armor that has some kind of weapon on it, which the swords can be (according to the text in the OCC description, they can either retract or be sheathed elsewhere). would you say that WP armor was intended to be applied to the packmaster swords?

3) if you get a HtH skill from a skill program (such as HtH: Basic from the basic military program) can you upgrade it using elective (but not secondary) skills as is standard in other PB games?

4) the packmaster swords are very similar in description to the forearm/bone blade weapons described on page 96 of the core book, other than having a different damage value, and having no specified MDC value for the packmaster's swords (meaning the damage they can take, not the damage they deal). would you consider the packmaster swords to be the same as the forearm/bone blade weapons, and if so, would you allow them to spend their living armor bonus Bio-E on improving the blades as per the entry on page 96?

5) the war mount section starts off with standard features and senses. the gorehound is indicated as having numbers 2, 3, and 5, with 5 being the one i want to focus on. does that mean any given gorehound assigned to a packmaster will have a 50/50 chance to get a bit of bonus Bio-E within the stated categories only? are those categories the only ones that war mounts can choose from, or is that presumed to be only for the random added Bio-E? the packmaster OCC indicates that he gets Bio-E to spend on his hounds "any way the character desires", which would imply that all categories are open (though equally obviously, any prerequisites would need to be met)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Making a Character

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Let me preface this by saying that I am a pretty flexible GM in my Splicers game. I think it fits the feel of the game much better because in Splicers adaptability is the focus.
1) I would usually say that the character ignores any duplicate skills in the skill programs. If the player could give a good reason why they could select another one, I could be swayed.
2) I'm not familiar with W.P. Armor. I'd have to look and see what our packmaster did here.
3) Yes. Its in the skill description section under the hand to hand descriptions in the Physical Skills.
4) They are not the same, in the Splicers book, but we run them to be similar and can be upgraded. If you see the thread here We've redesigned the Packmaster armor (actually this is the ELITE packmaster armor in our games...regular packmasters still have the one from the book) and I'll post the game stats for the one in my game sometime.
5) The categories listed are the only ones for which that particular Bio-e can be used. Gorehounds only have the limitations listed in the packmaster section and the actual gorehound description, if any.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shark_Force
Palladin

1) as i said, the standard weapons training program has 4 WPs of your choice, the packmaster one is given 3 specific ones (including sword, which the packmaster already gets) and one of choice. it seems to me that if they had intended for this to effectively only include 3 WPs, they would have only included 3 WPs, rather than giving a specific WP that is already part of another program the packmaster automatically gets.

5) ok, you mostly got what i figured, but do half of the gorehounds have that bonus Bio-E described in the features and senses listing? (it says about half of the war mounts have the bonus Bio-E, and gorehounds are listed as having that particular feature...)
The Galactus Kid

1) I'll have to double check this and see where I'm getting confused. Sorry about that.
5) I have the packmaster player roll percentile. Under 50% that hound has the extra. Over 50% that hound does not.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

I expect the overlap with the packmaster skills came in the editing process rather than the initial design process. I'd personally allow another WP of choice for Packmasters.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Shark_Force
Palladin

also, on question 3:

to clarify: basic military program gives HtH: Basic. can i upgrade to expert for 1 skill, or do i need to spend 2 skills? can i upgrade to martial arts, assassin, or commando (as appropriate) for 2 skills, or do i need to spend 3 skills? edit: and a corollary: if so, can i trade a 3-skill hand-to-hand for a different 3-skill hand-to-hand? (my opinion is probably not, if they intended you to be able to choose between the three, they'd tell you so)

edit: and a new question: if i get a skill program with a given bonus (including +0) and i have one or more of the skills in that program available as electives with a greater bonus, would you say the character should get the elective skill at the higher bonus? (i certainly wouldn't add them together, but it feels weird having it at a lower level than if you had chosen it as an elective...)
The Galactus Kid

3) Expert costs one other skill, Martial Arts and Assassin cost 2, and Commando costs 3. I believe that is how it goes.

As far as the skill goes, if you get the skill in the skill package, you get that bonus UNLESS you also choose the skill as an elective, in which case you would get the elective bonis.

Shark_Force
Palladin

for some reason, commando in splicers is the same number of skill slots as martial arts and assassin (3 skills) afaict.

any thoughts on being able to swap the 3-skill HtH choices? in a way it would make sense, since the one i'm looking at is in espionage (which i would argue could just as easily match up with assassin, or commando as martial arts, but gives only martial arts as an option). though again, i would say it's intended to be only the one listed.

in any case, i'm guessing your advice would be to charge one skill slot (since you could improve it if it was expert, this shouldn't unbalance anything) if you want to switch from one of the 3-slot HtH skills to another =S
demos606
Hero

I don't remember, and can't currently find, anything in Splicers for HtH skills to be more than 1 elective skill regardless of what you purchase or "upgrade" from.

*edit* Ok, found it - the info is in the Physical skill descriptions on p195.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Shark_Force
Palladin

demos606 wrote:I don't remember, and can't currently find, anything in Splicers for HtH skills to be more than 1 elective skill regardless of what you purchase or "upgrade" from.

*edit* Ok, found it - the info is in the Physical skill descriptions on p195.

yup. never really specifies that you *can* upgrade by paying the difference, but it seems to be the SOP for palladium, so i'd say it makes sense (from the perspective of someone who owns several different games from palladium) to work like that.
demos606
Hero

It doesn't say you can pay the difference but if you've got a 3pt version already, I'd allow a change for 1 slot. Most likely reason I don't remember those costs for Splicers is my group uses the N&S martial arts instead of HtH varietys. Btw, if you own N&S, I'd really recommend using it, if you don't, I recommend getting it to use :)
The Galactus Kid

demos606 wrote:It doesn't say you can pay the difference but if you've got a 3pt version already, I'd allow a change for 1 slot. Most likely reason I don't remember those costs for Splicers is my group uses the N&S martial arts instead of HtH varietys. Btw, if you own N&S, I'd really recommend using it, if you don't, I recommend getting it to use :)

I've thought about using this in my games, but the characters are disgusting enough without it. Plus, they have alreay leveled up enough that they would have to pretty much start over from scratch.

Shark_Force
Palladin

yeah, i can definitely understand an aversion to redoing chargen :P

i've already got 3 or 4 different sets of bonuses i have keep track of, and i haven't even *started* on the gorehounds yet...

(normal, which i've included armor into just because i don't feel like doing it twice, then mounted, then on a warmount... which doesn't include warmount-specific bonuses. and none of this is including WP bonuses or skill/attribute bonus. already, leveling up must be a bit of a frustrating experience, what with having to go through and find your assorted bonuses and modify them... possibly in several different places.
demos606
Hero

Check out the character sheet thread in the GMs forum and grab my Splicers char sheet. I have a feeling it'll make your life a lot easier.
Shark_Force
Palladin

looks handy, but i'd still have to go back and forth keeping track of modifiers :P

also, doesn't have a spot for warmounts... which i have 3. 4 if you count the mega-horse (which really is sufficiently unlike a war mount that i could agree it likely doesn't really need the same kind of attention at all)
demos606
Hero

No, I'd planned to do another bundle for War Mounts but never got as far as posting it. Maybe I'll get around to finally putting it up soon.
Shark_Force
Palladin

just checking, since i've not yet seen anyone really posting actual character stats, is there any rule against posting characters on these boards?

if there is not any rule against it, and if there is interest, i wouldn't mind posting the character i put together (a level 1 packmaster). some of the details (most of them dealt with above) are a bit questionable, so i've had to try my best to use common sense, and the background isn't very extensive (for example, it deals somewhat with his family, but not with any specific members of the family), but it might be at least somewhat useful to someone (certainly, if i were GMing a game of splicers, i'd rather borrow someone's packmaster character than try to design an NPC packmaster in entirety :P )
The Galactus Kid

I'd be interested. No it is not against forum rules to post character stats. Just conversions.

Shark_Force
Palladin

ok, given the sheer length of the character sheet, i spoilered it. this is a slightly cut back version (the original version has costs, a list of bonuses to assorted attributes/SDC, plans for the future, etc).

given how much there is, odds are good i'm off somewhere, but whatever :P here you go:

Spoiler:
Name: Alan O’Connor
Race: Human
Alignment: Unprincipled
Attributes: IQ: 11, ME: 14, MA: 20, PS: 23, PP: 14, PE: 13, PB: 12, Spd: 21.
Hit Points: 15, S.D.C.: 58
Horror/Awe Factor: n/a.
Birth Order: Last of 4.
Height: 5‘ 8“ (1.73 m) tall. Weight: 172 lbs (78 kg).
Experience Level: 1st level Packmaster.
Experience Points: 0/1950

Appearance: A little under average height, but his bulk makes him look somewhat stocky. A lifetime of living underground and wearing armor almost constantly when in the sun has left him with pale skin, usually contrasted against dark earth-toned clothing. His brown hair is short, barely over an inch long.

Disposition: Moody, quiet, seems to have a very morbid take on things. A short childhood followed by an adulthood fighting against the machine, often with no support beyond his hounds, has left him determined to do what it takes to keep himself and his hounds alive, and also has left him feeling a little isolated from the rest of humanity.

Natural Abilities: Internal Bio-Comms (6 mile range), +8 (normal) Damage in melee, 60% intimidate/trust.

Skills of Note:

Common Skills: Basic Mathematics 78% +2/level, Speak English 88% +1/level, Read/Write English 80% +2/level

Skill Program: Basic Military (+20%) Climbing 60/50% +5/level, HtH: Basic, Military Etiquette 55% +5/level, Running, WP Sword, WP Knife

Skill program: Hunter/Trapper (+25%) Hunting, Prowl 52% +5/level*, Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 60% +5/level, Track & Trap Animals 50/60% +5/level, Breed Dogs 75/55% +5/level
* Prowl is -5% in Hide armor.

Skill Program: Weapons Training (+0%) WP Paired, WP Reverse Stroke, WP Armor, WP Staff

Skill Program: Support Man (+15%) Physical Labour, Operate Bio-Equipment 55% +5/level, Recognise Weapon Quality 40% +5/level, Body Building & Weight Lifting, WP Bio-Weapons: Heavy

Skill Program: Espionage (+0%) HtH: Martial Arts, Intelligence 32% +4/level, Detect Ambush 30% +5/level*, Sniper, Vital Points: Robots

Elective: Land Navigation +41% +4/level, Bio-Comms 60% +5/level, War Mount Combat 60% +3/level, WP Bio-Weapons: Light, Boxing, Demolitions Disposal 65% +3/level

Secondary: Fencing, Horsemanship 40/20% +4/level*, Excavation 25% +5/level, Athletics (General)
* +10% to Horsemanship skill when riding a mega-horse.

Hand to Hand: Martial Arts, Boxing, & War Mount Combat

Attacks Per Melee: 5

Bonuses(Not including WP, Horsemanship, War Mount, but including Armor): +2 to Strike on an Aimed Shot, +2 to Initiative, +4 to Parry, +3 to Dodge, +2 save vs HF, +1 Disarm, +4 Pull Punch, +7 to Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, +4 to Automatic Dodge

Weapon Proficiency Bonuses:
WP Armor: +1d6 Damage with armor-mounted melee weapons at level 2 and 8
WP Bio-Weapons: Light (including Operate Bio-Equipment): +2 to Strike, +1 at levels 3, 5, 8, 12, and 15
WP Bio-Weapons: Heavy (including Operate Bio-Equipment): +2 to Strike, +1 at levels 4, 8, 12, and 15
WP Knife (including Fencing): +1 to Strike, +1 at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13. +2 to Parry, +1 at 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to Strike when thrown, +1 at 3, 6, 8, 10, 13
WP Paired: Simultaneous Strike and Parry, Twin Simultaneous Strikes, Strike two targets, Parry two attackers.
WP Reverse Stroke: Parry to the rear at -2 (normally -4), Twin Strike with a large 2-handed weapon (both ends) such as a staff.
WP Staff: +1 to Strike, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to parry at levels 2, 5, 8, 11, and 14. + 1 to Strike when thrown at levels 5, 10, and 15
WP Sword (including Fencing): +2 to Strike, +1 at levels 3, 7, 10, and 13. +1 to Parry, +1 at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13
Vital Points: +3 to Strike on a called shot, or +3 to Disarm, or +3 to Pin and Incapacitate, or Critical Strike on a natural 18-20 (choose one), uses 2 melee actions
Sniper: +2 to Strike on an Aimed Shot

Combat Moves: Automatic Knockout on a natural 20 when punching, Disarm, Entangle, Body Block/Tackle 3d6 MD, Body Flip/Throw 1d6 + lose attack, Power Punch, Power Kick, Punch 2d6 MD.

Horsemanship Bonuses (Includes Regular Bonuses, but not WP Bonuses): +4 to Parry, +4 to Dodge, +1d6 to Damage in melee, +1d6 when charging on horseback with a lance (counts as 2 actions)

War Mount Bonuses (Includes Horsemanship and Regular Bonuses, but not WP Bonuses): +6 to Parry, +5 to Dodge, +1 to Strike with Long-Range Weapons, +1 to Strike in melee, +4 to Initiative, +8 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact

Damage: By Weapon or Combat Move.

Penalties: None

Equipment: military fatigues, dress clothing, survival knife, utility belt, first-aid kit, Face Wrap, tinted goggles, hatchet, tent, knapsack, backpack, two water skins, emergency food rations (2 weeks, +1 week for gorehounds), Slap Patch, a deck of cards, a book about Earth mythology

Weapons:
Packmaster Swords: 2d8 + 3d6 (right), 2d8 + 1d6 (left) MD, +2 to Strike, +1 to Parry (+1d6 MD on horseback)
Acid-Edged Knife: 2d6 MD, +1 to Strike, +2 to Parry, +1 to Strike when thrown (+1d6 MD on horseback) + 1d6 MD/melee for 1d4 melees, harmless to organic life.
Acid-Edged Sword: 4d6 MD, +2 to Strike, +1 to Parry (+1d6 MD on horseback) + 1d6 MD/melee for 1d4 melees, harmless to organic life.
Concussion Quarterstaff: 4d6 MD, +1 to Strike (+1d6 MD on horseback), 40% chance of knockdown (lose initiative and 1 attack)

Bio-Energy Rifle: 2d8+13 or 4d8+13 MD (counts as 2 shots), 1800 foot range, +4 to Strike on an aimed shot, +2 to Strike on a regular shot, payload: PE (13) blasts per hour before weakening Alan. (-2 attacks, all bonuses reduced half)
Light Cell Laser Rifle: 2d8 or 5d8 MD, 1d8x10 SDC, 2000 foot range, +7 to Strike on an aimed shot, +3 to Strike on a regular shot, payload: unlimited
Pod Rifle: 5d8 MD to a 20 foot radius, range 1200 feet, +3 to strike (no aimed shots), payload: 32 bursts/hour

Armor: Main Body: 125, Arms: 69, Legs: 70, Head*: 77, Shoulders/Neck: 72, Collar: 13
* Head requires a called shot at -4 to strike unless collar is destroyed.

Regenerates 3d6/minute, destroyed sections in 14 hours.
Excellent Mobility (-5% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, Acrobatics, Gymnastics)

1d20+15 (20) Bio-E for Eyes & Vision and Other Senses, 2d6+8 (18) Bio-E for Biological Defenses, Flight Appendages, and Offensive Bio-Weapons

Motion Detection (+1 to Initiative, +1 to Parry, +2 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +4 to Automatic Dodge); Ineffective in 30+ mph winds
Nightvision Eyes (100 foot range in total darkness, as daylight if some light is available)
Bone Blade upgrade to packmaster swords (+2d6, right hand side)
Reinforced Exoskeleton (already factored into MDC, +1 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +1d6 MD head butt, +3d6 MD body block/tackle, +2d6 MD punch)
Resistance to Cold (1/2 damage)

Spent: 20 & 18 Remaining: 0

Transportation: Mega-Horse (Nightwalker):
MDC by Location:
Front Legs (2): 36
Hind Legs (2): 54
Head: 86
Main Body: 130

Speed: 50 mph for 2 hours, but needs rest or to slow down, or up to 60 mph for up to 1d10 minutes while running (2 mph swimming). Leap up to 20 feet across and 8 feet up.
Statistical Data: 7 feet at the shoulder, 8 feet long (plus a 1 foot tail), weighs ~1650 lbs, can carry 800 lbs or pull 5,000 lbs. Regenerates 4d6 MDC every 24 hours, 22 year operational life, requires 20-30 lbs of oats and grains per day, needs 8 hours sleep/day.
Alignment: Scrupulous

IQ: 7, ME: 18, MA: 22, PS: 22, PP: 19, PE: 24 PB: 26 Spd: 74
Attacks Per Melee: 4
Natural Bonuses: +2 to Initiative, +5 to Strike with kick and head butts, +6 to Automatic Dodge, +2 to Pull Punch/Fall/Impact, +6 vs Poison, +1 vs Disease, +4 vs HF/ Possession, +1 vs Psychic Attack/Insanity, 70% Trust/Intimidate, +18% vs Coma/Death, 80% Charm/Impress
Damage: 2d6 front leg kick, 4d6 rear leg kick, 1d6 stomp, 1d4 bite, 1d6 head butt.
Equivalent Skills of Note: Begging 50%, Climb 50/0%, Identify Plants & Fruit 80%, Land Navigation 90%, Swim 60%, and Understands English and Mandarin Chinese 75%

Money: 400 credits in precious metals, 200 credits (buy a slap patch, reduce to 100 credits)
Gorehounds:
Spoiler:
30 Bio-E to be split up as desired.
- 4 Bio-E to Alecto
- 8 Bio-E to Tisiphone
- 16 Bio-E to Megaera
Bio-E Remaining: 2

Alecto, The Relentless Hunter:

MDC by Location:
Front Legs (2): 55
Hind Legs (2): 71
Head: 118
Main Body: 221

Speed (Running):100 mph for 4 hours, then needs to rest for 1d6x10+60 minutes, or up to 50 mph for up to 10 hours while resting 10-20 minutes per hour, or 30 mph with no need for rest. Leap up to 20 feet high or across, 30 feet with a short running start, 40 feet with a good running start
Speed (Digging): 20 mph through sand or dirt, half through clay or stone. 1d6 minutes required to hide under earth.
Speed (Swimming): 40 mph, maximum depth is 200 feet.

Statistical Data: 4’4” at the shoulder, 5’9” to the top of the head. 7’7” feet long, three feet wide, weighs 427 lbs, can carry 800 lbs or pull 2,000 lbs. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/hour to main body, 1d6 MDC/hour to all other locations, HF 12 (15 for a pack of 4+) 26 year operational life, requires 10-20 lbs of organic material daily (prefers meat and carrion), needs 4 hours sleep/day.
Alignment: Aberrant

IQ: 6, ME: 9, MA: 15, PS: 22, PP: 17, PE: 20 PB: 15 Spd: 110

Natural Bonuses: +7 to Initiative, +5 to Strike in melee, +4 to Parry, +11 to Automatic Dodge, +3 to Pull Punch, +5 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +3 to Disarm, +4 vs HF, +5 vs Poisons/Toxins/Disease, +3 vs Magic, +12% vs Coma/Death.
Damage: Restrained Head Butt 1d6 SDC, Head Butt 1d6 MD, Claw Strike 3d6 MD, Bite 3d6 MD, Leap Attack (+1 to Strike, 70% chance to knock down a target up to 12 feet tall losing 2 attacks and initiative, 65% chance to cause target to drop what it’s holding, can bite at +2 to Strike next attack if the opponent is knocked over) 2d6 MD; counts as 1 attack for the hounds. Running Leap Attack (85% chance to knock down, otherwise as leap attack) 4d6 MD; counts as 2 attacks.

Equivalent Skills of Note: Begging 75%, Climb 98/0%, Detect Ambush 70%, Detect Concealment 65%, Herding 80%, Identify Plants & Fruit 85%, Land Navigation 78%, and Understands English and Mandarin Chinese 80%

Senses & Features: Instinct Driven Reflexes (see p. 109), Enhanced Sight (keen vision, about equal to an eagle; read a sign or recognize a face at up to 1 mile, passive night vision 2,000 feet (but requires minimal light), thermal/UV/IR vision 600 feet, and polarized eyes), Enhanced Hearing (hear a whisper 200 feet away), Bio-Comms (6 mile range), Enhanced Sense of Taste (4x human), Enhanced Olfactory Sense (4x human, not enough to track by), Instinctive Sense of Direction (+10% to Land Navigation rolls to find home, sense magnetic North)

Bio-E: 51 (+30 Bio-E from Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Anatomical & Physiological Features, Additional Limbs & Enhanced Arms & Hands (Legs & Feet), Tail Appendages, and Offensive Bio-Weapons.):

Motion Detection (+1 to Initiative, +1 to Parry, +2 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +4 to Automatic Dodge); Ineffective in 30+ mph winds
Forked Tongue (Track by Taste 70% +2/level, Identify Specific Taste 50% +2/level, +20% if common, Identify Common Odors 70% +2/level, Track Taste/Odor to source 40% +2/level, +20% if strong, -20% in rain, strong wind, or covering odor, +5% Identify Plants and Fruits) range 3,000 feet
Circadian Rhythms (needs only 10 hours of sleep per 4 days)
Enhanced Neurological Connections (+2 to Initiative, +1 to Disarm, +2 to Automatic Dodge)
Spore Discharger (4d8 MD to a 10 foot radius, +1d8 damage for 3d4 rounds,
Hands & Feet: Suction Cups & Gripping Hairs (+60% to Climbing, climb at either 1/3 or 2/3 max speed depending on interpretation, carrying 1/3 or 2/3 the maximum load depending on interpretation) (not sure on this)
Bio-E Spent: 55 & 30 Bio-E Available: 0 & 0
(4 Bio-E from the general pool)

Tisiphone, The Avenging Warrior:

MDC by Location:
Front Legs (2): 51
Hind Legs (2): 82
Head: 126
Main Body: 215
Force Field: 70*
*Recharges at 1 MDC per minute, if depleted entirely cannot be restored for 12 hours

Speed (Running):100 mph for 4 hours, then needs to rest for 1d6x10+60 minutes, or up to 50 mph for up to 10 hours while resting 10-20 minutes per hour, or 30 mph with no need for rest. Leap up to 20 feet high or across, 30 feet with a short running start, 40 feet with a good running start
Speed (Digging): 20 mph through sand or dirt, half through clay or stone. 1d6 minutes required to hide under earth.

Statistical Data: 4’5” at the shoulder, 5’9” to the top of the head. 8’0” long, three feet wide, weighs 466 lbs, can carry 800 lbs or pull 2,000 lbs. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/hour to main body, 1d6 MDC/hour to all other locations, HF 12 (15 for a pack of 4+) 26 year operational life, requires 10-20 lbs of organic material daily (prefers meat and carrion), needs 4 hours sleep/day.
Alignment: Anarchist

IQ: 7, ME: 9, MA: 23, PS: 23, PP: 16, PE: 19 PB: 13 Spd: 110

Natural Bonuses: +5 to Initiative, +4 to Strike in melee, +3 to Parry, +8 to Automatic Dodge, +3 to Pull Punch, +5 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +2 to Disarm, +4 vs HF, +4 vs Poisons/Toxins/Disease, +2 vs magic, +8% vs Coma/Death, 75% Trust/Intimidate,
Damage: Restrained Head Butt 1d6 SDC, Head Butt 2d6 MD, Claw Strike 3d6 MD, Bite 3d6 MD, Leap Attack (+1 to Strike, 70% chance to knock down a target up to 12 feet tall losing 2 attacks and initiative, 65% chance to cause target to drop what it’s holding, can bite at +2 to Strike next attack if the opponent is knocked over) 2d6 MD; counts as 1 attack for the hounds. Running Leap Attack (85% chance to knock down, otherwise as leap attack) 4d6 MD; counts as 2 attacks.

Equivalent Skills of Note: Begging 75%, Climb 50/0%, Detect Ambush 70%, Detect Concealment 65%, Herding 80%, Identify Plants & Fruit 80%, Land Navigation 78%, and Understands English and Mandarin Chinese 80%

Bio-E: 56

Motion Detection (+1 to Initiative, +1 to Parry, +2 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +4 to Automatic Dodge); Ineffective in 30+ mph winds.
Bio-Force Field (3d6x10 MDC, recharges 1 MDC per minute)
Small Horns (+1d6 MD head butt)
for Combat Spurs (6d6 MD, +5 to Strike, +5 to Parry, 45% chance to cut cables etc on a successful strike in addition to damage), called shot may be required for small targets

Bio-E Spent: 62 Bio-E Available: 0
(8 Bio-E from the general pool)

Megaera, The Watchful Eye:

MDC by Location:
Front Legs (2): 57
Hind Legs (2): 81
Head: 127
Main Body: 219

Statistical Data: 4’2” feet at the shoulder, 5’9” to the top of the head. 7’2” feet long, three feet wide, weighs 376 lbs, can carry 800 lbs or pull 2,000 lbs. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/hour to main body, 1d6 MDC/hour to all other locations, HF 12 (15 for a pack of 4+) 26 year operational life, requires 10-20 lbs of organic material daily (prefers meat and carrion), needs 4 hours sleep/day.
Alignment: Anarchist

IQ: 8, ME: 14, MA: 20, PS: 21, PP: 17, PE: 17 PB: 16 Spd: 110

Natural Bonuses: +6 to Initiative, +5 to Strike in melee, +4 to Parry, +9 to Automatic Dodge, +5 to Pull Punch, +3 to Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, +2 to Disarm, +4 vs HF, +3 vs Poisons/Toxins/Disease, +1 vs Magic, +5% vs Coma/Death, 60% Trust/Intimidate,
Damage: Restrained Head Butt 1d6 SDC, Head Butt 1d6 MD, Claw Strike 3d6 MD, Bite 3d6 MD, Leap Attack (+1 to Strike, 70% chance to knock down a target up to 12 feet tall losing 2 attacks and initiative, 65% chance to cause target to drop what it’s holding, can bite at +2 to Strike next attack if the opponent is knocked over) 2d6 MD; counts as 1 attack for the hounds. Running Leap Attack (85% chance to knock down, otherwise as leap attack) 4d6 MD; counts as 2 attacks.

Equivalent Skills of Note: Begging 75%, Climb 50/0%, Detect Ambush* 70%, Detect Concealment 65%, Herding 80%, Identify Plants & Fruit 80%, Land Navigation 98%, and Understands English and Mandarin Chinese 80%
* +10% to Detect Ambush while on the ground.

Bio-E: 59

Electromagnetic Vision (+20% Land Navigation, +10% Surveillance, can see electromagnetic forces within 5 feet – assuming these are supposed to upgrade and include previous eyes, not remove and replace)
Seismic Sense (56% +4/level estimate number and speed of heavy vehicles etc; range 1 mile +½ mile at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15, 70% +2/level estimate number and speed of individual/small groups within 200 feet (-30% if they successfully prowled), 60% +3/level Estimate Distance, 50% +3/level Estimate Location, 56% +4/level Detect Seismic Activity within 100 miles, +1 to Initiative, +1 to Dodge, +10% to Detect Ambush) while on the ground.
2 Organic Rockets (5d10 damage, 1 mile range, 10 foot blast radius; 1 attack per melee, +5 to Strike and Dodge, can be live for 2d4 melees, reloads in 6d6 hours. Can volley both at same time)
2 Trench Foot Mines. (4d12 MD to a 10 foot blast radius, can stay live for 3 years, reloads every 24 hours)

Bio-E Spent: 75 Bio-E Available: 0
(16 Bio-E from the general pool)

Back-story: As with most splicers, Alan grew up young, and even many of his childhood activities seemed to focus on preparing for the fight against the machines. Even school emphasized competitive activities that developed the body, and training in the use of the more common bio-technology devices. His older siblings had all signed up for various assignments within the Resistance, and when he was old enough Alan chose to train to become a packmaster, wanting at least some separation from the rest of his family (mostly archangels and roughnecks). In truth, he never really felt very strongly about joining the resistance, it was mostly pressure from his parents that made him sign up, but now that he’s in he feels an obligation to do his best.
The Galactus Kid

I like it. The only think I see at the moment is the Enhanced Neurological Connections on Alect. From how I understand the description, Enhanced Neurological Connections is between a user and a host armor or linked warmount. The gorehound isn't linked to anything.

Shark_Force
Palladin

The Galactus Kid wrote:I like it. The only think I see at the moment is the Enhanced Neurological Connections on Alect. From how I understand the description, Enhanced Neurological Connections is between a user and a host armor or linked warmount. The gorehound isn't linked to anything.

i can't see any reason why the gorehound couldn't have enhanced internal neurological connections as opposed to enhanced external neurological connections.

mostly, it's in there because Alecto really needed circadian rhythms to be properly relentless, and circadian rhythms requires enhanced neurological connections.

Return to “Splicers®”