Intrest in RT Games flaggering?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Do you actively play in an RT Game?

I look for games!
32%
I fail to notice when games are posted so dont play.
5%
I am a stat-monkey and only care about the rules and tech.
14%
I think RT needs more support for games to be noticed.
41%
Robo-what?
8%

Total votes: 37

AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Intrest in RT Games flaggering?

Unread post by AuroraKet »

I'm always looking for games, depending on era.

I'm a little picky on some things, and tend to prefer games with wider allowances for what can be played, though.

But then, you know something about that.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I'm not into play by post games so don't look for them.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Interest in RT Games flaggering?

Unread post by Snuffy »

I don't play online games due to time constraints and I try to run my Robotech game once a month depending on my groups availability.

I have noticed a decline of the amount of posts in the Robotech forum here.

We've all been waiting for new material from Harmony Gold in the direction they are taking the story with the Haydonites. I think this may delay the interest in "New" Robotech players that have just recently have gotten introduced to Robotech through the Shadow Chronicles.

I think it would be interesting to make a pole of how many forum posters are actually "new" to RT through the Shadow Chronicles compared to us old timers who are from the original cartoon or role playing game that Palladium put out in the mid-80's. I think you will find that most of the posters here are old timers and not the new demography. I hope I am incorrect on this.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

My group meets twice a month, but work and writing take up any time that might be spent on PBP games.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*shrug*
If PBooks gets the rights to do a Macross true game..and all it's offshoots THEN I'll be interested in running something.
OR conversly, Harmony gold starts producing more animation and get better script writers and voice acting.
Either or. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

AlexanderDeath wrote:Has everyone lost intrest in playing RT, or are players just not connecting to other players to find games? IT feels like finding an RT player, even for an active PBP game is sort of like pulling toenails out with a pair of tweezers :? I'd like some opinions, and maybe ideas on how to better draw our community together, and unite RT players together with games.

I have been running a Robotech PBP game for nearly five years. That said if you want to run a PBP game you need to actively recruit. Don’t just post games ads here and there, talk to people. Tell them about your game and your plans. Tell them how you intend to run the game. Also I have found that and players are more likely to join an established game with a good GM rather then a brand new game with an unknown GM who may or may not flake out and quit.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Shadow chronicles lacks, its missing stuff. I do not care if they never finish the Haydonite war even make another movie. I am inclined to stay with what they already have. Here are the top complaints I noticed, the lack of creative freedom with character development with their skill selection. Additional material for the current enemy, Haydonites, I am inclined to say they should have stuck with getting the first three core eras out before adding a new unfinished era. (though that is my own opinion.) And one of the biggest ones I get from live table top players for Robotech, is the military life style. They do not want to take orders, they want to be free in the game adventures.

I prefer to play in person for any role playing game, but I do run a pbp game which is sadly slow. And at times I almost let go. If I am going to play by post, I want the game to flow on a regular post schedule so that it not a waste of my time as a GM or Player. The only good thing I thought eu had was it you have to post once a day, I could settle for every couple of days. But when I put the work in to make a game system work and do rule editing to make it fit a pbp game I want to have players posting regularly. If I am going to put the time and effort into making the PC I want the gm to make the game flow.

I think I am getting old as well. I am not into all the internal power struggles and conflict with every group. I understand personality conflicts, but the need to make a character that has all the “I am a loner and want nothing to do with you puke faces idiots”, is getting old. Robotech or any other game is about getting together with your friends and having a good time. So how on earth is this group going to well together, or even at all if everyone wants to play the lone wolf. With that said I can understand certain OCC being that way, like the old Intel Agent from lancers rockers. A man/woman who has to record the death of people is likely going to not get attached to many people. However the Veritech pilot, who has to count on his wingman or squadron, should be developing a sense of team spirit. The one thing I notice with my friends that are serving in the military is this. They all have a team player attitude when it comes to their team. Whether it is marines, army or even the navy reactor team. They all seem to stick together with their team.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”