be honest.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

should i stop posting here?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Yes
4%
Heck Yes
12%
No
32%
Why?
52%

Total votes: 25

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: be honest.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

What I think is maybe think things through a little more before you post them. There is no reason to feel you have to quit the forum if you enjoy it, but at the same time there have been times where you really insulted people or came across as rude. Telling someone who posts a half a dozen skills on dancing that you hate dancing will not win you their friendship, especially if all you do is criticize their posts. Being a little more tactful and considerate of others will go a long way towards improving your relationship with others on the boards.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Decide for yourself.

The forums are not a popularity contest.
They are not a democracy.
Post or don't post. It's up to you.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Don't quit just because you feel others might want you to. There is no gain in quitting.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

NO!!!

Cuz you make creative powers and are one of only a few people trying to keep the NEW POWERS thread from going by the way side. There Really ain't that many of us that post our power Ideas there.
And heck, I only JUST started back up... If you leave I'll be left with just Stone Gargoyle :evil: ... And he's scary cuz, well, he's a Giant animated statue mosnter! :(

And Griyphon Chicks, well, a giant flying ½Bird/½Lioness SKool teacher and those frighten me (Cuz Pink Flyod told me teachers turn you into meat pies) :cry:

Her0Man0 Likes Monster Jack O Lanturns...(Nuff said)
Mephisto's the Devil (See his Name? He admits it).
Don't get me started on taalismn... The horrid things he PM's to me in secret :eek:
And TrumbachD is Nice which scares the crud out of me!

Worst of the lots is Iczer!!!
He's Really a Giant Metal Robot Piloted by sexy Alien Lesbians in desguise!!! And he's trying to kill our beloved lord Cthulhu's invasion force IT'SA CONSPRIRO-SEA I TELLS YAH!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________RATTZ
"There all gonna laugh at you!"

Talissm
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

?You were being a jerk?
Wah happened? I musta missed something cuz I thought that you were holding your compossure pretty well on the NP thread. Gryphon C and SG1 are being especially hard Drill sergents to us new recrutes like you me and Her0man0. It's like BT where you're always getting yelled at allot but you know that, deep down inside, you Drill sergent is really a big soft fluffy wuffy puppy... Sure he's a Pitbull puppy but, a puppy none the less.

He just yells at you cuz he/she care and Luv's you and wants you to know you're doing well when you fall on that live grenade! Come to think of it, I think SG1 REALLY likes me cuz he keeps talking to me about wavelengths of light and stuFF about pretty colors :P and talking about Lasers and Heat...
Which as we All know is code for "I want your hot tushy!"... Or I'm wrong and he's Actuallu saying that "Why if I had a Laser right now... Zip, Zap, Sizzel Rigth to the Moon!"

:-?
I thinkst I'm getting MiXed messages...

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If anyone here was being a mega-jerk or mega-rude dude, then they WOULD have heard from me. (ask Steeler, he knows :D )
Just chill, think before you post, take a criticism and learn from it, ignore deconstructive criticism and most importantly, send me $50 cash USD!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

I personally like having you post your powers. The more the merrier and you’ve posted some really good ones so far. No one but the guys that publish the canon material are the experts here. And you know that we’re all just hoping to get our work published in the next Rifter or PU3 right?
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

oops, PU4, my bad :oops:
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

i voted "why?"
but not much to add to what's already been said. :)
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Steeler49er wrote:NO!!! If you leave I'll be left with just Stone Gargoyle :evil: ... And he's scary cuz, well, he's a Giant animated statue mosnter! :(

Naw, he's a big teddy bear... Sure, it's a teddy bear with fangs, claws, a predatory brain and combat reflexes, but still just a teddy bear.

Steeler49er wrote:And Griyphon Chicks, well, a giant flying ½Bird/½Lioness SKool teacher and those frighten me (Cuz Pink Flyod told me teachers turn you into meat pies) :cry:

Mmmmmm, meat pie....
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gmapprentice wrote:what, not gonna say anything about what he called Iczer?

I don't think she really knows Iczer yet, whereas she has been in my gaming group a while and only recently joined the forum.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:what, not gonna say anything about what he called Iczer?

I don't think she really knows Iczer yet, whereas she has been in my gaming group a while and only recently joined the forum.

No, I don't, but I don't think he's a robot, either. I have heard he has a time machine, though, and has a dinosaur collection on his ranch in Australia where he feeds them kangaroos. :eek:
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:as far as i know that's both impossible (at THIS time) and illegal... to be honest i don't think we'll ever make time machines. i mean, really, if we will, why haven't we told ourselves yet?

It's against the temporal prime directive. Don't you watch Star Trek?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:HE11 NO.... my dad and my brother love that stuff, and star wars, but i hate it... i do like other things though, so don't say i don't like anything.

I love sci-fi shows like Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape and such. I guess it's because my life is not that interesting and fun to imagine places where incredible things happen. It is fun to imagine what might be possible in the future.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:i like sci-fi too, just not star trek/star wars kinds of things.... they bug me. not sure why.

i also like anime, ninjas, reading anything educational and at least 3 songs from every genre of music i can name, though i am a bit picky about music.

That was what surprised me about you not liking Star Wars, since much of the weapons design and costuming is based on oriental culture. Princess Amidala's outfits were based on geisha girl outfits.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I was all for you staying around until you said you didn't like either ST or SW. It is illegal in at least 35 states and many foreign countries to call yourself a sci-fi fan and dislike both franchises. Now disliking one is pretty normal, but disliking both? That is just well....its communist, or something like that.

In all seriousness, you are still getting your board legs under you, and you are going to annoy people from time to time, we all do. Try not to take things too personally, and remember to try and see things from the other side when a confrontation comes up. Oh, and make sure to send NMI your $50 pronto. It is the only way to get the code to the Shadow Board, whenever it gets finished....:)
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Steeler49er
Hero

....??????
I don't like ST or SW either,,, But I ain't no commi

RockJock
Knight

I kid, I kid comisar Steeler:) It's a joke, if not a good one:)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Leon Kennedy wrote:
RockJock wrote:I was all for you staying around until you said you didn't like either ST or SW. It is illegal in at least 35 states and many foreign countries to call yourself a sci-fi fan and dislike both franchises. Now disliking one is pretty normal, but disliking both? That is just well....its communist, or something like that.

Actually, RJ, I think in some states the death penalty is on the table for not liking either franchise. I heard that in Saudia Arabia they cut both your hands off, while in Russia they make you watch "My Little Pony" until your eyes bleed. :lol:

What I heard is in Japan that they bionically enhance you to have a TV in your belly and force you to broadcast Barney. I think they call it Project: Teletubbie. :eek:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i don't have fifty dollars to send to anyone... i have to start college soon and need to pay for that. :( and i'm sixteen and have no job yet. money is one area in which i am greatly lacking.

Don't worry, Nimmy will just charge you and you can pay him off later, with only a .14% rate of interest and not due until you turn 21.

Seriously, Nimmy was just joking about the money. What he really wants is weapons grade plutonium.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:i don't have fifty dollars to send to anyone... i have to start college soon and need to pay for that. :( and i'm sixteen and have no job yet. money is one area in which i am greatly lacking.

Don't worry, Nimmy will just charge you and you can pay him off later, with only a .14% rate of interest and not due until you turn 21.

Seriously, Nimmy was just joking about the money. What he really wants is weapons grade plutonium.

Actually by UN sanctions he is no longer allowed to own plutonium.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
RockJock
Knight

Somethings are truly worse then death.....
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Olaris wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:vote.

sorry, you lost me, why would you want to stop posting, getting online difficult? :?

He was having a hard time and had some personal issues to work out. I think things are better now.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Yes, I was joking about the $50.
The plutonium however will be acceptable :D :quiet: :demon: :quiet:
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:yeah, just gimme a few months to get it.

I would let him have some of mine, but disarming missiles can be a bit tricky. :P
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I would let him have some of mine, but disarming missiles can be a bit tricky. :P

I'll take the missile off of your hands too! I can waste it on Missouri! or Tora Bora mountain range!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I'll take the missile off of your hands too! I can waste it on Missouri! or Tora Bora mountain range!

If it didn't have a tunnel leading to Gotham, I'd use it on New Jersey. :P h
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Just so long as you guys aren't selling yellow cake uranium to unwed teenage mothers. :P
Steeler49er
Hero

RockJock wrote:I kid, I kid comisar Steeler:) It's a joke, if not a good one:)

I know...
And I thought it was funny when you said it, I just wanted an excuse to use that Alt code I found the other day :D

A No, I not a commi... I'man Anarchist .

gmapprentice wrote:technically, PU3 is already available, but i know what you mean.
what's with the $50 thing? you serious?
steeler.... you're crazy. keep up the good work.

I'm tryin but, I think Im running out of Crazy :P Juice...
I have no clue where I bought it in the first place so, I don't know where to go to get more...
I found it in a store in a city called Innsmouth but, I'm not sure where that city is on a map... :(

Steeler49er
Hero

gmapprentice wrote:yish... now THAT'S torture. almost as bad as watching star wars or star trek!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, i said it! whatcha gon' do 'bout it? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Gryphon Chick wrote:Just so long as you guys aren't selling yellow cake uranium to unwed teenage mothers. :P

i wish i got that reference..
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yukon wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:Just so long as you guys aren't selling yellow cake uranium to unwed teenage mothers. :P

It's from Family Guy, in the episode where Lois ran for mayor.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Yukon wrote:

It's from Family Guy, in the episode where Lois ran for mayor.

aha
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The full line was "We have reports that...Darth Vader is selling...yellow cake uranium...to unwed teenage mothers..."

Another one from that episode was "We have evidence that...Hitler is conspiring with The Legion of Doom to assassinate Jesus...using the lake as a base..." LOL
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

gmapprentice wrote:i'm not allowed to watch that show... eh, whatever.
yeah, the main reason i dont waht it is because its not appropriate for my 8 yr old son. but, he's eight....
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

gmapprentice wrote:HE11 NO.... my dad and my brother love that stuff, and star wars, but i hate it... i do like other things though, so don't say i don't like anything.

You don't like anything.

Hello:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Well, you do tend to dislike a lot of things. I realize a lot of it is just teenage angst and frustration, though. The problem is that you dislike things that people here like, so it becomes a point of them wondering why.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Well, you do tend to dislike a lot of things. I realize a lot of it is just teenage angst and frustration, though. The problem is that you dislike things that people here like, so it becomes a point of them wondering why.

I dont like that you dont like what he doesn like and tells you.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

We just have to be accepting of other people and not be critical of them because they don't immediately appreciate our obvious superiority...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

taalismn wrote:We just have to be accepting of other people and not be critical of them because they don't immediately appreciate our obvious superiority...

Cheers!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:We just have to be accepting of other people and not be critical of them because they don't immediately appreciate our obvious superiority...

*Sigh* You are starting to sound like my therapist.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

*Sigh* You are starting to sound like my therapist.

That's because you don't want to pay fifty dollars an hour to talk to some stranger who's going to say after several sessions: "You know, I really don't have any idea what you're going through, I don't know why you're paying me to listen to you, even though I should be paid MORE to put up with it, I'm really not any better at this sort of thing than anybody else, I barely passed Basic Psychology, and I figure it's all your fault anyway..."

Nope, when we consult other people, we expect them to be wiser, more experienced, more smugly confident, than we are in some respect or regard..

Unless, of course, we already know what their opinion/response is going to be, and we're setting them up to fall into our trap.... :twisted:

But my advice to Gmapprentice: If posting here brings you enjoyment, continue doing so...we all need our hobbies, and we get better at them with practice...Don't hange your head in shame because you think you don't measure up to others here, because frankly there are all sorts here; the ones who can keep up a sustained flow of really complex and well-thought out ideas and critiques, the ones who post in bursts of explosive creative energy, the ones who let ideas shimmer for months before launching a single great idea into the ether, the ones who churn out idea after idea after idea and occasionally tossing up a real gem, and those who simply add their own expertise and point of view to help refine others' ideas...
Just don't let things get too personal, and you'll do just fine....

That will be fifty dollars, thank you...
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

It's just hard being in the top 10% in intelligence when 50% of the people fall under the mark of even standard intelligence. And of course the lower 50% always think they know everything. :roll: Not that anyone here is like that... ;)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:honestly, i don't like therapists for the most part. did you know they're PAID to tell some of your secrets to other people? :shock:

Uh, no, they're not. You have to sign a waiver of privacy to allow others to see information about you, unless you're a minor.

gmapprentice wrote:i know that doesen't help, but you might as well know the truth. MY therapist is different, in many ways... for one thing, she isn't paid at all and isn't an official therapist either.

So then, technically she really isn't qualified.

gmapprentice wrote:as for the other reasons... well, nvm for now. i say if you really need help, talk to someone you know well already. they probably understand you pretty well and can try their best to help.

Trust me, if it were that easy, I would have never needed therapy in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Finding the right therapist can be tricky. As long as you have someone that can see your perspective and challenge you to see things differently at the same time, you will benefit. You never grow unless you change, and you can't change if you never evolve and gain a new understanding of things.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Finding the right therapist can be tricky. As long as you have someone that can see your perspective and challenge you to see things differently at the same time, you will benefit. You never grow unless you change, and you can't change if you never evolve and gain a new understanding of things.

Do you visit Mary Jane, from time to time???

Cause'man dat was deep stuff man,
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Greyaxe wrote:Do you visit Mary Jane, from time to time???

Mary Jane Watson?
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Allow me to illuminate you.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Greyaxe wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Finding the right therapist can be tricky. As long as you have someone that can see your perspective and challenge you to see things differently at the same time, you will benefit. You never grow unless you change, and you can't change if you never evolve and gain a new understanding of things.

Do you visit Mary Jane, from time to time???

No, I am just a pretty deep thinker. Old soul thing, you know. 8)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i don't have an old soul, i just act old. really, my parents say i act older than they are.

ROFLMAO! Probably act too serious, then.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”